PDA

View Full Version : Your best moments in HD

KGB
13th August 2009, 10:57 AM
Should this be a different thread to the worst moment in HD thread, I don't know, but if it needs to be moved please do.

Thought it would be cool to start one about your best moments.

Doesn't have to be about winning races or fast times, could be about anything from meeting someone or eliminating some poor sod. :)

1: The night I met Greenix was one of the funniest moments I had, never heard of him before but he was super fast and kept beating me. We got chatting and it turned out he was the cheekiest bleeder I had met on line (closely followed by Yeldar) :nod, we were comparing race times and he was a bit faster than me on most tracks. Found a couple that i was faster on and said he didn't have a chance at beating them just to wind him up, to which his reply was 'give me a couple of minutes'. The cheeky ****er!!!! Well I gave him a couple of minutes and he beat the times :bomb WTF! It just turned into a slanging match after that but I was laughing my arse off all night.

2: Greenix again. Continuing our battles on the track a few weeks later, the usual banter was going on between us. He was getting the better of me more than I care to recall and i was getting a bit pissed off. Then on Vineta K rev on the last lap he shot past me as only he can do. I was thinking here we go again. Then I got a quake in the tunnel near the end.... BAM!!...Got him! I saw him labouring a bit at the top of the hill, picked up a Cannon and fired one shot and eliminated him. Very funny moment :p Pay back. I was practicaly hysterical at this moment and couldn't see the finish line through the tears. (little things please little minds)

3: Joined a game with Asa and Rapier Racer one night, hadn't played them before but seen them on the forum, so was a bit nervous, wondering if I was going to make fool of myself or not. Couldn't believe that I managed to win two races in a row against them!! I turned to mush after that, but it didn't matter as I had done OK against some very, very good pilots.

4: The day I downloaded HD and joined this forum of course. :)

Anyone else like to share some good times from their HD/FURY careers?

silverfoxy
13th August 2009, 12:19 PM
Good thread KGB - makes a change to concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives.

Some of my best moments are as follows -

1 - Avalon - Last time out was the first time I've fully participated in one. And what great fun it was. Top pilots and great fun in the chatrooms as well. Without the chat it wouldn't be half as good.

2 - England World Cup Qualification - this was the first time I'd raced against 7 other really fast pilots and what a learning curve it was. Again, what made it was the banter in the chatrooms.

3 - Getting the WR on rev VinK zone (now sadly gone). I started about 80,000 away from the record and slowly got to within 30,000. Thanks to GTP_Rorschach (who kept beating my score and motivated me to do better) I managed to get to within 20,000 and then 1 day had the record breaking run. Thought it would last longer than it did but massive respect to Kingheim for breaking it.

4 - The day I joined this site. I didn't find it until Dec or Jan and then seeing a lot of names who I'd seen as global leaders and inspirational to me were quite happy to chat and share tips. And also, what a welcoming friendly place it is. After my previous experiences of online gaming Wipeout has proven to be a real joy.

5 - The anticipation of Fury. Those few days before release were pretty cool and never seen the site so busy.

6 - Hearing Zone 100 cleared for the first time. Sweet.

ProblemSolver
13th August 2009, 12:20 PM
My single best moment was breaking zone 100 on Anulpha Pass.

JJPAP
13th August 2009, 01:07 PM
1. Ever since Tordmulen told me about Team Nordic, this has been my third child :)
All those guys are just bloody great - on the track and outside the track, as well. We´ve had an awful lot of hillarious weekly Nordic Sessions. Of course it´s about winning (no doubt!), but just experiencing the chat-room surrealism is more than enough to make your evening. (No one beats Soccermums or Zoth being in a funky mood :)). If the chat-room had some kind of "print-function", I would publish it as book. Or maybe not.
2. Enthropic Decay. My WO-brother, Zoth, and I, have had several great matches vs. you guys and girl (!) from WO-zone. Great racing all of you. And great meeting you as real virtual persons in The ED Headquarter.
3. All The Organizers; the people who made an effort arranging events, which are making WO an even better experiment for all of us, especially:
Kanar´s Avalons: I remember one specific friday morning in the spring. Coffee, cigs, kids institutionalized, wife at work and - for the first time this year - a beautiful sun bashing the windows. Kanar almost asleep, but talkative as ever. I´ll put a picture of you on the wall one day, Kanar :)
Astral League: Always a pleasure attending The Astral. Big thanks to Epsilon (where are you?!) - Nyctalopian and Kaori, as well!
The Doubles Ladder: Thanks to Feisar31 and Yeldar for putting this up.
4. The Inventors. Thanks for making progress a bit easier for me to all of you guys, who are not afraid of sharing videos and new techniques.

Vartazian
13th August 2009, 01:32 PM
I see myself Posting alot on this thread But I think one of my favorite moments was a 1 on 1 race with yeldar, he pulled ahead of me where I proceded to Quake, Rocket then missile him in less then 4 seconds.

The Resulting FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU from my chat box notification afterwords put me into stitches.

JJohnEames
13th August 2009, 02:21 PM
Well first of all for buying the game all the way back in November had to be one of the best decisions of my life. I've had so many great races and met so great people that it's hard to pick my best moment.

Recently i hit zone 106 so that could be considered a great moment.

Getting a full transendence was also a satisfiying feeling. Beating zico and zone zeus gave me a huge feeling of accomplisment, one i'll never forget.

Setting personal bests, beating the very best racers out there (on rare occasions:p), meeting and chatting to old and new zoners alike, all of these are my favourite moments :)

billychanxtr33m
13th August 2009, 03:59 PM
i won an online zone battle in a room with problemsolver :beer UAHAHAHAHHAHAH put that in your zone 100 and smoke it. zone zues was another big one for me as it probably is for plenty of people. its not really a moment but once i spent like 2 hours of epic back and forth racing against an O_BR. totally friend'ed.

Aeroracer
13th August 2009, 05:33 PM
my best moment in HD was last night playing in single race with problem solver and olouk and TarquinFarqhuar, and other players of similar high skill levels.

It was my first time i got to play with some super elite players and i really enjoyed it.:nod:nod

problem solver kept parking up on the track to wait for me and as i flew past he would shoot a rocket into my ass.lol.:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

djluring
14th August 2009, 11:23 PM
Every time I learn a new track on Phantom (wasn't playing during the PSP era) and for the first time get into the rhythm of the track.

Mr Phlanj
15th August 2009, 03:20 AM
when i first started playing, its was on metropia and i was last but
when on the mag strip i fired a plasma for poops and it jumped the
gap to the strip when it's vetical and killed a player.

I was ecsatsic about it not only beeing a kill but a sweet one at that!!

I think i finished 7th :)

KGB
15th August 2009, 10:06 AM
Got to say the first Avalon meet I played in was pretty good moment. Joined Kanar's room on Moa reverse, by the time we got in the tunnel, first lap, no weapons, I had been eliminated!!!!!! Welcome to Avalon :). Always feels like a real happening when I have played in them. Kanar's the man.

kanar
15th August 2009, 10:59 AM
:redface:... aww.

Thanks guys... Well I just tried to set up a wipeout "All star game", opened to all, one time a month. A scheduled/ranged event, with several host spots available during 3 days. "Setting a date, gathering pilots, and race"... And you all realized this dream. The so-called avalon is nothing more than a friendship party, where you can have a good bunch of races, all over the week-end, with pilots from all over the world. Of course my best moments in HD took part with you all, during these events. And when Asa, kaori and Leungbok came at my place to share this crazy passion in "LIVE" :beer
As Blackwiggle said recently, Sony should support more its game (and SL polish his beta-testing policy LOL), and sponsor some events like the upcoming world cup. We can see clearly that WZ and HD are growing quickly, maybe an official offer will be better than some initiatives took by some poor lost boyz like me.
My life has changed since last month. A hand hyperephidrosis, a detox (lol) and the fact that my wife simply don't play videogames slowly kept me away from world of wipeout. I must admit I haven't practiced for the next week-end. I'm definitely not in the mood for speed lapping at the moment, last times I played I finished rage-quitting all alone after 5 or 10 minutes lol. It will be a real nightmare for me to just finish the races... But as promised, I'll be up to run the show with my friends. We'll host again several rooms all over the week-end, just for the joy of racing together again :rock. By the way if you're interested to be part of the host crew, feel free to pm me or post in the event's thread). Gah, maybe I'll find enough motivation to practice a little this week.

Vartazian
15th August 2009, 12:42 PM
Another moment for me.

Every single Groan I hear when I eliminate an opponent online. Their destruction is like a turbo boost for my Craft!

krioto
17th August 2009, 10:32 AM
I now have a new found appreciation for zone battle!

I hated this mode when I first tried it, and steered away from it. But on a trophy hunt this weekend, I'm now hooked.

I'm by no means very good, but I like the mix of tactics and timing! Really great mode once you get into it.

Constrictor
17th August 2009, 02:58 PM
There were a lot of great online moments in HD but I'll stick with the most recent one.

This one is starring JJohnEames, myself and a nice Plasma last Saturday on SC fwd phantom:

I was on 3rd, final round ?, ~3 sec behind JJ - I think he was having a good fight for #1 w/ oolproo (?). Anyway I had a plasma but no one anywhere to shoot at. Though I jumped and BR'd over the hill before the looong straight down the tunnel and just shot the plasma. Ok, normally the chance of a hit or direct hit is nil. But this time the Plasma went perfectly straight, with a little right spin down into the tunnel where JJ just tried to take the corner up to the chicane. But he never got there :rolleyes: The Plasma gained on him with every second and just as he started the right turn he got hit and destroyed .... Well, I passed and finished 2nd. My estimate is that the Plasma flight time was between 3 and 4 secs. It was so nice to watch, esp. when the Plasma really found the target and did a prefect job. It was like wel - yes - Yes - YES - YEESSSS!

JJ appreciated getting hit with a 'beautiful!' after the race :D. I have to second that ;). Indeed, it was beautiful and my best Plasma ever. It's a pity there is no replay to enjoy this again, and again , and ... btw, I just received a destroyer badge for this. This should have been a 5 times Plasmafier - at least.

Aeroracer
17th August 2009, 03:00 PM
New good moment in WOHD...playing problem solver on AP reverse.super tight race.he shoots me takes the lead i shoot him back i take the lead and visa versa. If only all races were so action packed.:hyper:hyper:hyper

Handmadelion
17th August 2009, 03:01 PM
Every time I set a new record that is better, same, or near one of you find people. Gets me all happy inside seeing our names together on the global rankings.

jan709
17th August 2009, 05:54 PM
my best moment was when i got my first online single race time in the 200 something (long time, ago i dont remember the precise place on the list ;))

And ofcourse when i first met Zoth-Ommog, my best races were with him :D

Aeroracer
21st August 2009, 01:00 AM
I was doing a time trail and wasnt doing to bad then noticed i was on flash and not phantom so i quit and it said i was on phantom..
Its a good sign when the game looks slow. it means i am improving.:)
:dizzy:dizzy

Kaede
17th September 2009, 12:59 PM
At several occasions, in Eliminator modes, (human) ennemies and I ended destroying each other at about the same time (like, using missiles on each another).
It cracks me up each times it happens:)

Aeroracer
17th September 2009, 08:02 PM
anulpha pass reverse..phantom ..race...rank 42..im happy for myself :) :)

afatsuoM
18th September 2009, 12:09 PM
Had a nice moment on Eliminator a few days ago. I was playing the Fury campaign at a friend's. I think it was The Amphisium reverse on Rapier speed. I had a rocket, and just before the drop to start/finish, I turned around and fired at a few ships behind me, destroying three of them with one set of rockets! :bomb

Oh! I also managed to get the Pristine badge. I thought I'd never get that.

mizunoori
18th September 2009, 01:23 PM
One of the best moments for me involved a plasma.
It was on Sol 2 forward. I was in 2nd position. Infront of me was a really fast player. Near the finish-line, i got a plasma und fired it. In that moment, the player in leading position deployed a bomb. The plasma ripped the bomb apart and also hit the other player. I screamed all the way to the finish lol

As Heaven Is Wide
22nd September 2009, 03:24 PM
Just had a nice moment in a race on Moa Therma reverse.

I was leading on the last lap with OLOuk close behind. I wasn't getting any useful weapons and could see he was catching up, making me quite tense indeed.

Sure enough, a couple of corners before the second mag-strip, he gets me with a missile and goes tearing past with a sheild up so I couldn't even retaliate. :bomb

I regain control and pick up a misslie of my own on the mag-strip, let it fly and pick up a sheild, which I use as I pass. I was grinning all the way to the finish. :g

Aeroracer
22nd September 2009, 05:08 PM
getting zone zeus and arcade elite perfect in one night .:nod:nod

DrMannevond
22nd September 2009, 06:39 PM
Quake-surfing! Now that's a rush:rock

ACE-FLO
9th March 2010, 02:23 PM
Quake surfing, is the best rush :rock

First time I did it was in Fusion, with a shield and a turbo :lol, and I been looking for the oppo to do that ever since :lol

Only got to do that once more in Pulse and again, recently in HD-FURY -and yes, awesome moments there.

Kyonshi
9th March 2010, 09:47 PM
Learning that WipEout was coming on PS3:hyper
I was simply ecstatic with joy! After the mediocre Fusion chapter, i was the most happiest guy on earth knowing that my all-time favorite racing game was coming in hi-res, and that WipEout was still alive after all those years.

Being considered as a pilot for the [former] North American Team:eek
I never expected Feisar31 to mention me when the selection was taking place. I was honored that someone such hi-ranked remembered me and judged that i should be in the line-up. My performances at this time were OK, and didnt really improved while we race together in the former team, but i enjoyed it so much. We had Vart and TCK and we were unbeatable :P

The renaissance of North American Team:D:+
And after the sad moment when Vart and TCK gave up on the team at its best, i decided to reform the team. It never really died, but at this time it was clear nothing would be the same and that it was on the decline. But i stood up and kept the spirit going on. I felt we had a role to play in the legacy of the greatness that WipEout is, nothing less. We had a responsibility toward our friends online and to the huge organization of WWC '09 that was deployed. We didnt win the finals, but it didnt really bothered me; i was able to recruit formidable pilots. IDReaper, DeepMix, Iwillbuildaduck, Boo4ever, TehRedScar, Rezatron and Coatlketzal, i thank you all for believing in this team again and we'll get back on the top for 2010 like it should be.8):+

The recent victories against France and England:rock
Again, in the same order of idea, we prove that we're still a solid and efficient team, even if those races were unofficial. We were able to win against some of the most illustrious pilots around. So much that France wants to have revenge on us!:D

Scoring the 15th best time on Talon's Junction FWD Phantom
:D Never thought i would get so close to the top!

Temet
10th March 2010, 07:11 AM
Elite Gold on Chengou Project for Elite Arcade Perfect. I had to fight for Sebenco and CP for Elite Gold.
After several races on CP (well, less than for Seb, Seb almost drove me mad), I'm first since lap 3... Icaras close to my ass. Last lap, after the jump, I screw the small turns... Icaras gets first. Fortunatelly, I got a boost with the weapon pad just before the turns, I take it and fly over the Icaras just on the line... I wait for the final decision and... yeah, I'm first !!! \o/

This was a revenge for this race : http://goondy.free.fr/Images/wohd/wohd%20-%20exaequo.jpg (~ 30 KB) ... and for sake of clarity, yes I'm first (ex-aequo) and NO, THIS IS NOT VALID FOR ARCADE PERFECT !!!!! :dizzy

Oh, and as a very modest Pilot, I was sooooo happy after a victory against Asa after an epic fight of several laps! (I usually lose, and by far, let's be honest :) )

KGB
10th March 2010, 09:03 AM
Watching the England v Japan game live, I can't remember who hosted, rerealm maybe?? It was like watching a Premier league match. Funny chat and watching the best players in the world take each other on, wish we could do it again.

Dark_Phantom_89
10th March 2010, 09:21 AM
One of my best moments in HD was probably our first friendly Xpand match against the Inglorious Basterds. It was a 2 v 2 match and myself and KGB needed to get 1st and 2nd in the last race in order to secure a draw and we managed it - right on that last corner of Sol 2 :rock

IH8YOU
10th March 2010, 11:23 AM
Playing against Motorsagmannen - last lap of Anulpha Reverse - he hits me with a quake - I fly over a weapon pad and get.... A quake. (this was before you could see opponents weapons). I slam on the brakes so hard, he slams into the back of me. He refuses to pass, because he knew I had something and wanted revenge. Finally - after a LONG period of just sitting there (a few seconds waiting - but in a race - that's eternity) He passes, I quake him (of course) - and we STILL got 1st and 2nd place. (in a full room, no less).

I think I remember one of his - on Moa Reverse we brawled the entire race (not much choice on Moa Rev) I hit him, he hit me, wash rinse and repeat. So I'm hurting on energy on the final lap, and get a lucky break (a boost) - so in the final stretch / last corner I shoot past him - he has ONE - SINGLE bullet left in his gun - literally the last round, and I hear "clack" followed by my Auricom asploding and falling just INCHES short of the finish line.

AG-wolf
10th March 2010, 11:24 AM
Staying neck and neck with other accomplished pilots from the Zone

Landing on top of someone after a BR and boosting from their ship lol :P

ACE-FLO
10th March 2010, 11:44 AM
AG-Wolf, putting up a vid of our races on youtube, that was awesome! :)

I never seen myself race on hdfury. Cheers AG-Wolf :+

yeldar2097
10th March 2010, 11:53 AM
1. Transcending in my Qirex by bombing SaturnReturn to get my AG-Assassin trophy.

2. Being invited to play in my first ASTRAL tournament.

3. Being invited to race for TFD

4. Playing a Doubles League match with Asa.

5. Avalon, every one of them (except the first one because I didn't actually know what 'Avalon' meant/involved :P).

Good times :g

gordo1974
10th March 2010, 02:32 PM
This is going to sound pretty weak, compared to some of you guy's achievements, but

1. Zone Zeus. managing to not blink between zone 60 and 75 and somehow squeezing a perfect lap on zone 74 with the energy warning beeping in my ear all the way through the lap.

2. During Elite campaign getting gold on Sol 2, speed, wait for it, Flash. Yes, Flash. (shameful I know) I eventually posted a top 600 time to beat the damned AI

3. Getting my first top 1000 time. Looking forward to my first top 250!

IH8YOU
11th March 2010, 02:12 AM
Gordo - one of my friends who plays this game is an old, retarded fart. If he can post a top 10 time (actually, he's gotten a couple 1st place globals) - then so can you.

Practice, side shift, barrel roll a lot - and don't be stingy with your pickups (if you get a boost - don't want an entire lap for the "sweet spot" to use it - just use it) and with a little luck, you'll break into the top 50 no problem.

:D

Oh yes, 2 more favorite moments of mine: Getting killed by Boo4ever on the hairpin on Chengou and I had a plasma. I didn't absorb it in time for his surprise quake. I hit "fire" right before I exploded, respawned - and as I respawned (sideways) I started falling off the track - he comes around the bend, and as he passes I'm looking at his ship side-on, the plasma flies fourth - and he blows up. It was the most insane lucky timing ever.

The rare occasions where I can barrel roll off another players ship when they're bumping me around the track. (sometimes you get pushed upwards when in the pack and on top of another ship) I love it when that happens.

AspenExcel
11th March 2010, 02:22 AM
Getting 17th best time in a race on Modesto fwd, and getting around 23rd best time on Talon rev on a time trial. yeldar is still 2 seconds ahead of me lol!

Also, being able to keep up with racers like themaderfacker, ProblemSolver and SaturnReturn. Even if I'm two seconds behind it still feels like a big accomplishment! :hyper

ACE-FLO
11th March 2010, 04:42 AM
... Cannon and on and on and on... :D

I love it when I pull it off, a full set of cannon bullets, tearing totally into one ship all the way til it eliminates - sahweet stuff :)

Getting top 50 in online MP races is a good start too, love that :)

Dunno how I missed this one, must have been mashed but how did I forget the time when KGB1971 invited me into Team England... I haven't raced for Queen and Country yet, but one day that will change :rock and I will feel proud and honoured to represent my Country on the international AG circuits of the FX350 league.

Oh - Barrel Roll Barbarians... I'm one :g And that's some cooool schitt too imo ;)

Winning 15 online MP races in a row, on phantom without PA or Weps Hints - EGO! :lol ok, yeah, but I did feel kinda large after that session. :D

OneAVGNFan
11th March 2010, 04:56 AM
It may be crappy compared to all of yours. But winning an Elite Gold in Campaign is good to me since I have the game for over two months and went from Novice to Elite, skipping Skilled.

Oh and finishing an online race with member of the zone. Now only, if i can win those races. (Rank 13 currently)

Temet
11th March 2010, 07:01 AM
Hey Dude, I have WOHD since two months and a half and I have platinum, plus finished Bioshock (great) and Batman (short o_O') in the same time.
Take into account I can't play a lot during the week ^^.
So, no excuse, go go go (I'm only rank 17 online ^^).

gordo1974
11th March 2010, 07:27 AM
Gordo - one of my friends who plays this game is an old, retarded fart. If he can post a top 10 time (actually, he's gotten a couple 1st place globals) - then so can you.

Practice, side shift, barrel roll a lot - and don't be stingy with your pickups (if you get a boost - don't want an entire lap for the "sweet spot" to use it - just use it) and with a little luck, you'll break into the top 50 no problem.

:D

Now THAT is motivation. I've just got Zico and the holy (!) trinity of Seb climb, sol2 and CP to beat for my Elite campaign legend, and then I'm coming after your ass.........after you've lapped me..........for the second time:dizzy

Seriously though, side shift has really boosted my times, and the advice on not holding the boost is one I hadn't heard before. I'll be giving it a go.

IH8YOU
12th March 2010, 03:24 AM
It comes down to numbers and luck - see, if you use the boost on that "special part" of the track where you can link it with a barrel roll - great. But, to drive a half lap, and pass up 6 more weapons pads - that's 6 potential boosts missed. Obviously the chances of you getting 6 for 6 are very slim - BUT, the chances to get 2 for 6, or 3 for 6 are a lot better.

Generally, if I'm within 1/4 lap or less to a "sweet spot" I'll save it, otherwise, I take my chances.

It also motivates you to find and make use of new "sweet spots" - and I've discovered MANY barrel rolls, and chains that are not well known.

Actually, I just found a triple barrel roll on Ubermall Forward that works on Venom, Flash and Rapier - oh yeah, did I mention it's at the finish line?

Be creative, take chances, and above all, have fun. :dizzy

SaturnReturn
12th March 2010, 05:42 PM
Best moments...well being invited to Team England was a great one for me too. That was a really big compliment.

Ending up in The Flying Dutchmen and not getting knocked out in the first round of the World Cup was also awesome, considering the tough opponents I accidentally-on-purpose put the Dutchmen up against.

Getting a no. 1 TT on phantom was always one of my goals. Achieving it was amazing. Although I do wish Elois could have held off on whooping my time for a little longer than the two days he did.:mad:

Getting an Avalon record was another goal and an achievement I enjoyed much. Although I do wish Elois could have held off on whooping my time for a little longer than the 2 hours he did.:bomb

Zone Zeus was cool because it took me ages and seemed really intense at the time. If I remember correctly, I only had another go because yeldar was doing at the same time and completed it, after I'd just given up, forcing me to have another go, even though I didn't really know him (or anyone else here) yet.

Syncopia TT was probably the best recent one. I'm not much of a pioneer of the game as some are, so to have something special to show everyone that no-one (or possibly almost no-one) will have seen before was a great feeling. Hopefully everyone can pay a visit soon.

Woopzilla
14th March 2010, 12:30 AM
Mine is being Rank 1 on Modesto Heights R in Single Race for maybe a week, and now remaining at rank 2. :g

I improved on my time even while flying a Triakis (F). It's nice to have a high ranking with a ship that (according to the stats at least) has bad accel and handling. It's kind of an ego thing. :g

Another memorable point was getting a tripple kill with rockets... it was in against the Elite AI in Eliminator though. But it's pretty sweet to see. :D

amplificated
14th March 2010, 02:38 PM
As I was new to WO when I got HD, getting into it was fun. Getting into it again once Fury came out was even more fun.

Best moment for me was prooooobably my second #1 rank for TDR< Speed Lap.
The first time was my first WR, yet I wasn't happy with my time at all. Having a chance to beat barnster once he broke it was fun. Didn't even take me too long, beat my old time by nearly .6, and I feel like I nailed a fair chunk of it. The time isn't impossible to beat though, and I'm surprised no one else has taken the time to overtake me yet! So I've had that since the end of January I think. Not too bad. On the same note, I'm surprised no one has beaten my #1 on the same track for Rapier... *throws down glove to challengers* :P

I also liked playing against fgdk when he was still playing (I don't know if he still does or not, I just certainly don't see him), he was VERY fast and consistent in rapier class online races. Got a few top 10 online times playing against him; I think a #3, #4 and #7, and I don't usually rank that high online.

Connavar
14th March 2010, 03:08 PM
I remember my best experience, it was when I first played the game, on Vineta,
the visuals were just perfect, and so was the gameplay ... incredible because
that's what I had always dreamed for a wipeout. Can't wait for the 3D now.

Other than that, the world cup with The Flying Dutchmen was memorable too,
special thanks to yeldar, luxoflux and SaturnReturn for the great team work!!

Other great moments is when I can achieve the Speed Lap (or TT) that I want,
which unfortunately doesn't happen often.

Seraphim1982
15th March 2010, 08:50 PM
Best moment for me was having someone jump over me using a boost on the last turn of Vineta K. They must have used up the last of their shield on the barrel roll as my one and only round from the cannon I had blew them away although technically their burning hulk crossed the finish line first lol.

That and finally putting Zico in his place of course :)

afatsuoM
22nd March 2010, 07:55 AM
Had a nice moment with a Quake a few days ago. Don't remember exactly who I was racing, but at least two familiar names. We were racing Chengou Project forward Phantom (4 players total) and I got mined off the open section in the first lap. It took me the remaining laps to get close to 3rd place.

In the last section of lap 4, I got a Quake and fired it. Destroyed two players in front of me, and the third one blew himself up two corners later (probably low shield). Ended up winning the race with a "Time to spare". :beer

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd March 2010, 10:29 AM
I had a very lucky moment a few days ago - I was racing against some of the big players on Chenghou Forward. I was in 2nd and Mizunoori was around 5 seconds in front of me, so I was certain he was going to win (this was on the last lap.)

Then came the quake...

Fired it and saw "you eliminated mizunoori" on my screen. I went past him just as he respawned and won the race - we had a good laugh about it :dizzy

AspenExcel
22nd March 2010, 11:33 PM
Today, I got #12 global time in an online race on Talon's Junction reversed! Gonna break top 10 soon I know it! :hyper

OneAVGNFan
23rd March 2010, 05:12 AM
Today, after buying Fury, I used the Icaras Fury on Sebenco Climb for Elite Meltdown. On the very first try, I won gold with ease.

Only a matter of time until I won the Phantom Elite campaign.

Dan Locke
28th March 2010, 01:34 AM
Today, I was racing on Sol 2 with the AG-Systems. On the first (mostly) straight section, I ramped off of one guardrail, did a barrel roll, ramped off of the other guardrail, did another barrel roll, and zoomed around the corner.

It was awesome.

OneAVGNFan
28th March 2010, 05:18 AM
Being able to do that 3rd barrel roll to beat zico on Thursday. What happened was that i barely beating the time by 0.03 sec and I went like "YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Thankfully, there was no one home, so my excitement was at its full power.

mizunoori
28th March 2010, 09:08 AM
I had a very lucky moment a few days ago - I was racing against some of the big players on Chenghou Forward. I was in 2nd and Mizunoori was around 5 seconds in front of me, so I was certain he was going to win (this was on the last lap.)

Then came the quake...

Fired it and saw "you eliminated mizunoori" on my screen. I went past him just as he respawned and won the race - we had a good laugh about it :dizzy

Argh, i remember that :) I was on the last jump and hat about 20 shield left.
The moment I barell rolled, the quake hit me. Because I didn´t heard the quake, i was very surprised LOL

Woopzilla
29th March 2010, 10:19 AM
This moment is simply one of the best because it just seems odd: I won a phantom class eliminator match today and got the 'Successful Pacifist' badge award. :dizzy

Also, it was a full game... so it wasn't just speed lapping for +5. :P

AspenExcel
22nd April 2010, 12:51 AM
New Metropia fwd Phantom TT!! 1:41.78, #8! :hyper :rock

EDIT: Improved my time to 1:41.48!

morfeo378
23rd April 2010, 06:34 PM
after many hours, many times, the first time could win to pepeda, my first number one in multi, my sessions tournament with my good friend Roger (anderkover), win a race with a turbo in the last jump in vineta k, catch a turbo on the last curve in sol 2 and win flew over another ship, now I hope to play in 3D is one of my best moments

ACE-FLO
27th April 2010, 11:33 AM
My best moments recently, all comprise of letting promising new pilots who show some talent (and not quitting races) know about wipEoutzone. Just d=feels good. I remeber when I first played Pulse online (psp) and got battered hardcore :lol, so I did a search on t'internet and found this place. Now yer stuck with me :g

Anyway, an obvious one - this one but, whenever I go online and join a room full of phantom bad asses, I feel my heart start to pick up its pace. That always lets me know that we're about to have some SERIOUS fun racing.

It's always a nice surprise to find out that you got a trophy by accident, love that bell sound too :D

Dark_Phantom_89
27th April 2010, 11:52 AM
Getting #2 on Talon's Junction Forward, Online Race and knocking yeldar down to #3 :hyper

anderkovver
27th April 2010, 10:36 PM
all races...well almost all races with my friend jose (morfeo378) are the hotest races for me cause we always stick together and we play a long time ...long sessions and the moment i beat zico:hyper

SaturnReturn
27th April 2010, 10:41 PM
Lol, I just turned my PS3 off a minute ago and noticed your zico comment anderkovver. Congrats.:)

someguy789
28th April 2010, 04:44 PM
One time I was raceing on Anulpha Pass online, I did a roll off the shortcut at the end but hit another racer while doing it and landed upside down and finished the race like that.
Must have looked weird on the other players screens!

concrete_d
28th April 2010, 08:25 PM
Last night I ran into Rezatron online while hosting a phantom room, and managed to squeeze out a fraction-of-a-second win on Moa Therma Forward thanks to a couple lucky turbos :hyper Of course I got whipped by +10 seconds on every other track we raced...

Also beating Zico with 3 barrel rolls and finishing the elite campaign on the same day was pretty awesome :guitar

Rezatron
28th April 2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah man good race but believe me beating me on Phantom is no accomplishment :lol if we're talking about other speeds though... :robot ;)

Congrats on the Zico and Elite Campaign trophies, now get that plat! I think you're only a few trophies away.

IDReaper
30th April 2010, 02:03 PM
Well I would have to say my favorite moments in WOHD were team racing with team NA and Barrel Roll Barbarians in Xpand. In particular the practice sessions before hand with Rezatron and Luxoflux(from team NA and BRB respectively) where we would work together to take the top two spots each race. There was just something very liberating about that kind of teamwork. =D

graeble
1st May 2010, 05:58 AM
i like barrel rolling over people.

ACE-FLO
1st May 2010, 09:54 AM
Just went through the campain on elite difficulty, and ended up with 3 trophies in one go! Meltdown, Campaign Legend, and Elite Campaign Legend!

I only completed the grids coz my net was being arsey with me. I'm pleased... Now where's that Zico hiding?

Motorsagmannen
3rd May 2010, 08:10 PM
zico is hiding out on anulpha pass, but he will only accept your challenge if you use a piranha ;)

Jav
5th May 2010, 01:06 AM
Beating the campaign with a gold medal in every cell, on Elite difficulty
Beating Zico (I really struggled at first, funny :p)
Getting a score of 429,000 on Anulpha Pass zone, with 117 zones. Ranked 4th with that...

The best moment was today though, getting the all-time highscore on Vineta K zone. :beer

MiguelX69
11th May 2010, 09:22 PM
I usally have cool moments when i'm doing races with some portuguese guys... Most of them don't play very nice. From the people I know, XtriKO's the only Portuguese that can do me a 100-ZERO. :D

I Guess everybody starts from Zero. I guess the first time someone toutches wipeout its a bit shocking... In the first months I toutched HD, although I played other Wipeout's, it was dificuld to hold on on Phantom. Today I fell that Rapier's a sloow as hell speed. Phantom is the only thing I play... Unfortunatly I still eat a L.O.T. of walls in most part of the reverse tracks.

KIGO1987
12th May 2010, 12:02 AM
You know what i love.

Someone kills you in one race, then you get that exact same player back in the next race under similar circumstances, nothing more satisfactory than that.

MiguelX69
14th May 2010, 09:32 PM
We should do a "worst moments in Wipeout"... Onde of those would be getting to zone 99, not 100.

OveReAction
16th May 2010, 12:59 PM
I tied with the Qirex in the Tournament, and I luckily won and got my Elite Campaign Legend trophy.:hyper

graeble
16th May 2010, 10:13 PM
when my brother who doesn't play hears the computerized female voice warn me of incoming mines and mimics saying "not yours". :D

OveReAction
21st May 2010, 07:22 AM
Finished 1st with all 4 perfect laps in Moa Therma Forward using Icaras Fury in Flash Class during the Online Race. :D

MiguelX69
22nd May 2010, 08:24 PM
This: After almost having a herat atack, I made it! Zone 100! Rank: 71 Global! Points: 279624!

This felt better than platinuming the game twice!

UB3R~JKP
22nd May 2010, 10:41 PM
Last night be and my A-G Bro ACE-FLO teared it up in a radical training session that lasted 3 bloody hours :D

ACE-FLO
22nd May 2010, 10:58 PM
Haha, you bloody well did better than I thought you would... I felt like Dr Frankenstein - coz I helped to create a monster. Man, you sure do learn fast :) it's kinda scary tbh.

That was a great session man, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. :+ and you are a quick study. I got a feeling this time next week, you're gonna take a few wins off me :rock

Wipeoutzone = without this place, there'd be no love between pilots, and because of it, there's a real sense of community. As was proven last night!

With love, the AirLicker, :)

UB3R~JKP
22nd May 2010, 11:10 PM
Well Said ACE, Well fricken said!

To the WipEout Zone!:beer:beer

OveReAction
23rd May 2010, 11:06 AM
Did i race you before, Jeremy?

UB3R~JKP
23rd May 2010, 11:13 AM
Wait a min...YEAH im pretty sure you did haha, I remember seeing your username...class!

:clap well played mate.

OneAVGNFan
26th May 2010, 03:06 PM
My best moment was when on Eliminator mode, I did a perfect session (no deaths) on Alalpha (sic) Pass on Phantom Elite and 600 target score for the first time.

F.E.I.S.A.R
26th May 2010, 03:27 PM
Mine was racing online on Chenghou Project Phantom,16 Laps,Weapons Off,with Danterich and JKP and winning.Man,was that host sneaky,suddenly buming up the speed class and laps to race.What made it even more satisfying was that I did in in a Piranha. I mainly use FEISAR,as I usually go for handling.Chenghou Project is a technical circuit,but the change and race start was so sudden I had no choice but to use Piranha.Quite a lot of people left the game,leaving me,Danterich,JKP and some random to fight for 1st.

UB3R~JKP
26th May 2010, 03:45 PM
This was a great race :D, that host was a VERY funny guy :P.

someguy789
26th May 2010, 07:27 PM
just won an online tournament against sinus1 and some other really great players today wich is probabaly my best online acheivement

leungbok
4th August 2010, 07:15 PM
There's 2 or 3 weeks i was playing ubermall reverse online with some good pilots including Danterich and Temet ! I remember Danterich because i was leading at the end of the 1st lap and Dante killed me with a plasma ! Despite it was a good move it drove me crazy to find myself last with 5 seconds off the lead :bomb !! So instead of cursing or rage quitting, i shut my mouth and i managed to bump my late :pirate, performing 2 shortcuts with boosts and destroying Temet with a missile (sorry mate, you were at the wrong place at the wrong time ^^) , at the 4th lap i was 2nd behind Danterich and picked up a plasma :twisted After my revenge i finished first with a comeback king's badge i was very proud off :p

icarasDragon
6th August 2010, 05:24 AM
I still remember winning an Avalon: Aftermath race with Stinkelroy and someone else (AnErare maybe?) So happy after that, bumped me up from Rank 16 to 19 :hyper

mikrucio
20th August 2010, 12:11 PM
Heres one happened this morning!

racing this young cocky ozzy guy (he is pretty good)
anyway

Phantom mode single race anulpha pass forward lap 5,

Im 2 seconds behind
I pick up a plasma at the chicane and saw him move up onto the over pass.
Just as i moved onto the overpass i warmed up the plasma as i jumped the gap. I landed and the plasma went off but I made sure I was dead straight when i landed to point the plasma down the line.

The plasma fires off and travels all the way across the over pass to the end (2 seconds of travel)where he was just about to pass over the last pickup pad, jump and cross the finish line. BUT I ended up jumping through a wrecked Harimou because the plasma hit him and he got eliminated! BOOOM! I win.

I got a message in my inbox "I heard that **** coming!"
lol.

Airrider
22nd August 2010, 09:48 PM
Haven't had one yet. I'm a disaster online.

...pity me.

haiku
23rd August 2010, 01:54 AM
I got a message in my inbox "I heard that **** coming!"

hahaha! I love it when people are super cool about really painful losses and are willing to lol it up with you after the race. I see way too many rage quits and not enough good spirited self deprecation.

DreamyElf
17th October 2010, 01:19 PM
1)the friends i made while playing WO.
i used to play WO online against strangers at first. it was nice but a little boring...
then i made some friends and changed the online experience completely for me. thank you everyone^^

2)the Avalon experience.
i met so many great pilots there, i joined a chat room for the first time and it was great to be around legendary pilots. :)

3)the feeling of breaking my limits everytime i improve on Zone. also i felt amazing when i first heard "zone 100 cleared".

4)the really rare occasions where i get a lucky win against a truly great pilot...

erich123
17th October 2010, 03:14 PM
My best moments are every time l turn on my ps3 to play wo;)
My stats say 780 hours with wipe out omg lol.
So it's hard to pick a moment. But joining team nordic are one of them. We have many funny and crazy moments:hyper.
Just to play and be a part of it all means a lot to me.
And ofcourse when l had 13 global recs for a short periode, don't know if l have any at the moment.

So hope to see all of you on the tracks in the future,l know l will be racing forever;)

KGB
2nd November 2010, 06:26 PM
I was just looking over this again after a while, everyone has some great moments.

I was reminded of my favourite race ever. It was played at about 10am because TCK had to go to work and was part of xpand races. Me and DP against TCK and Luna. It was Seb Climb fwd, I can't remember a single weapon being fired and was so close, three of us finished below 2 mins which I had never seen before. DP just missed out (the slow coach). But he's now better than us all so he won't care. Great times :clap

OBH
2nd November 2010, 06:44 PM
Nice read :):+ Just went through them all lol

Me, Amorbis & Yeldar(??) all crashing in exactly the same point after tunnel on the final straight on CP. I was in 1st, but my destroyed carcass was the only one not to cross the line! :beer My favourite 3rd place ever lol.
TCK bombing & killing me on the final corner of SC, but as he'd just hit a few mines my dead ship overtook him to win :g
Holding CP multiplayer record for about a year :)
Wellington discovering the CP Rev jump (or at least the first to put it into multiplayer practice), and beat my then record by a staggering 15 seconds.
VK rev endurance race, Wotan was right behind me in his icaras all race, and barged me out the way in the final tunnel to take the lead on the final lap, smashed me into the apex to a grinding halt and everything. Absolute and utter filth; but pulled off to shear undeniable perfection :)

edit:
how could i forget - a random player fired a plasma BEFORE the bridge on AP, yet killed me with it on the other side of the bridge :|

WizardPlayHD
2nd November 2010, 06:45 PM
I have two that I will remember for the rest of my life!
First, I play online mostly, half flash, half rapier/phantom, depending on my mood. One afternoon I nailed the world record on Anulpha flash during a tournament with 6 turbos, the next race was Sol 2 Reverse, and I landed a second world record in a row with 7 turbos x_X A few hours later I landed another world record on flash Amphesium reverse. Happiest day of my gaming life! I don't have the amphesium record anymore because texasalex hates me :P

Second, I almost never play eliminator, but I was feeling frustrating one day so I joined a 400 point match on Moa/Rapier with 6 other players, I won by 320 points in the first 3-4 minutes! Nothing but quakes & rockets roatating in my weapon box back and forth. I had 13 kills and 0 deaths :rock

...There were also many memorable times when I was new, playing some of you elite wipers on phantom, losing by 15-20 seconds in complete disbelief.

-Steve

slow-train
3rd November 2010, 10:31 AM
best moments would be, firsrt time i nailed platinum yippee
my first top ten multiplayer
getting the triple br on sebenco
n meeting up with tarquin farquhar on many occasions n getting totally wrecked :)

mikrucio
3rd November 2010, 11:35 AM
Heres another one I thought was amusing.
there was actually another Japanese pilot in but he ditched before I could take the photo lol.

Me vs Japan

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3577/bf11j.jpg

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd November 2010, 01:55 PM
I was just looking over this again after a while, everyone has some great moments.

I was reminded of my favourite race ever. It was played at about 10am because TCK had to go to work and was part of xpand races. Me and DP against TCK and Luna. It was Seb Climb fwd, I can't remember a single weapon being fired and was so close, three of us finished below 2 mins which I had never seen before. DP just missed out (the slow coach). But he's now better than us all so he won't care. Great times :clap

I remember that race very well and it was indeed a truly epic tournament. Pity I didn't finish with the rest of you guys, but somebody had to bring up the rear in that race because the rest of you seemed to have supercharged ships on Sebenco. ;)

OBH
3rd November 2010, 07:41 PM
All sorts of memories flooding back.

Beating the super fast z1r0rEi over 10 ten times consecutively in 1on1 races. Got to the stage where he picked TDR endlessly until he one a race.... then quit :) I felt smug hehehehe.
Losing to Japan in the Wipeout World Cup because of the craziest glitch i ever saw -- In the tunnel on SC Rev i fell through the floor, re-spawned on the track, but continuously fell through the ground unable to move anywhere. Went from 1st to last and we lost overall my a meer 2 points or something. Remember chatting to Rerealm and reach-big7 afterwards who said i literally vanished. No idea how the controller survived that one :)

edit:
Also remember my eagerness to improve to beat the mighty Asa and Leungbok when i first found my way to wz :) Good times.

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd November 2010, 08:00 PM
Here are a few of mine:

Avalon: Impulse - Managing to stay right behind yeldar the whole time on a 20 Lap no weapons race on Sol 2 reverse until he finally fell off the track on Lap 10. Went on to win the race by a 10 second gap - was well chuffed.
Being the MVP in the last England V France game by 9 points.
Snatching a win from Luna after she eliminated herself on the final lap right on the last turn on Chenghou Forward.
Taking yeldar's Chenghou Reverse EndurAvalon record (leave it alone please :g) :pirate:
Getting my first WR

yeldar2097
3rd November 2010, 08:08 PM
-_-

I wasn't even aware that I'd done CPRev Endurance. Damn you DP! That bloody Sol 2 Rev race in the previous Avalon as well :brickwall.

I remember that weekend, you were on fire.

I'll be back :robot

Challenger #001
3rd November 2010, 08:23 PM
I have three great memories, I think.

1) First ever Supersonic Zone. I think everyone had a bit of a whoop at this.

2) My match against Assayeah in the Avalon Cup, keeping with him on TJ and beating him outright in a Zone Battle.

3) Legitamately beat everyone to the final corner on a Modesto Heights race until DP boosted over the line in front of me. Despite only a second, I'd held off one of the best Wipers ever along with his cronies on a track I didn't particularly like, in a Qirex. It felt like a bit of a victory over everyone who's ever called it a Gayrex. ^^

akirapill
4th November 2010, 04:40 PM
Online single race. BR'ing onto AP overpass I notice mines ahead, boost BR
straight over the top of them land then BR off the overpass. Simple but it felt
great. As I'm mid air over the mines I'm thinking I'm f*cking good at this game.

mic-dk
4th November 2010, 08:44 PM
LOL, whenever I dare to think that, The Gods reaches down and give my opponents leave to punish me severely with mines, bombs and rockets.

Or I just crash into something.

IDReaper
13th November 2010, 04:19 AM
Just now, making a top ten phantom time.

Phantom Multiplayer Race
Ubermall Reverse

1:44.97 - Rank 3 O.O

Just under yeldar and FEET-flyback, yay! :hyper

Ace3cube
13th November 2010, 07:04 AM
You are in fire O.O

SaturnReturn
19th November 2010, 11:21 PM
I just won an eliminator match, in furymau, with something like 222 points to about 90. This probably wouldn't normally be much of an achievement, but I won it with sound turned off, so no weapons warnings, and best of all...I got the successful pacifist badge at the end of it. :g

TwitchySpitfire
19th November 2010, 11:38 PM
My best moment so far has to be a race against 7 other zoners at Moa Therma, in which I came second place in. However, the sparking moment was the fact that I beat Saturn in a grueling race/weapons match for second place by only a few thousands of a second.

:beer

SaturnReturn
20th November 2010, 12:23 AM
I think I remember that one. I was holding on to see who crossed the line first as it was too close to call.

yeldar2097
20th November 2010, 12:51 AM
Just under yeldar and FEET-flyback, yay! :hyper

Try to keep it that way, yeah?

:banzai

SaturnReturn
20th November 2010, 12:52 AM
yeldar likes it on top.:lol

Oryx Crake
9th January 2011, 03:58 AM
I think maybe one of my best moments was actually just 2 days ago... I got a lucky turbo on chenghou fwd in a race against... I think it was unctuous, morfeo, idreaper,... I honestly dont remember all the names but it was some of the top players at any rate. I managed, somehow(!) to win that race with a margin of something like 0.2s. Man did I feel proud at that moment!
Of course I got in like 20 seconds after them all on the next track after messing my lines up something terrible and falling off the track many times XD but who cares!?

AspenExcel
9th January 2011, 05:20 AM
I remember that race, Oryx! It was a good one. I even surprised myself how well I handled Piranha. :P

Aeroracer
9th January 2011, 05:42 AM
best moments for me is having a room full of friends and racing listening to good tunes and talking absolutley complete b***ks with my friends and we all are laughing and not making any sense..

had a good occassion like this last week with luna and medusa..we were talking some serious random crap in the end about wither harry potter could do a good time on a broomstick on vinetta k.

Oryx Crake
9th January 2011, 07:23 AM
@unc yeah man! you were on my ass that entire race, but you must've acted like a shield for all the weponsfire aimed at me cause I spent the entire thing waiting for those evil rockets to ruin my day but they never came :g

@jasmin Indeed those times are the best ever nuff said!

zero3growlithe
16th January 2011, 12:02 AM
Winning more than 7 times in row with players (rank > 60 = 7 players in room) in Phantom/Wep Off races:)

Temet
25th January 2011, 03:01 PM
Mad-Ice joining my quite-very-empty room yesterday evening, for his warm-up against Amorbis 8)
(still waiting for the result :blarg )

Woopzilla
28th January 2011, 12:25 AM
Racing in a room full of friends flying the same ship!

TRIAKIS

Lobby View (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships02.jpg)
TDR Rev Results (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships01.jpg)
Anulpha Pass Results (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships03.jpg)

PIRANHA

Lobby View (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships04.jpg)
Moa Therma Results (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships05.jpg)

Eliminator

Triakis Eliminator (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships06.jpg) [Results (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships07.jpg)]
Auricom Eliminator (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships08.jpg) [Results (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/wohdships09.jpg)]

R3BU5ER
30th January 2011, 02:44 PM
My best moment....pff that's a hard one because I had many!

But last Friday, when I was racing in a full room with TarquinFarquar an other fast pilots, we were on talons forward, where I got a missile in the first lap... I was running up to the front and on 3rd lap I was second with like 3 sec. Behind Tarq, I chased him untill the second last corner, gave him a missile, boosted to first place, thought I was there, but 2 meters before the finishline Tarq put some nasty rockets up my bum, and he finished first :) Awesome fight, awesome evening anyways :d

Temet
30th January 2011, 08:36 PM
Ah ah, nice Woopz. ;)
I already did that with some mates too, a Triakis session (it was an idea from Fyue).

MetaKraken
25th February 2011, 09:53 PM
My best moment on WOHD online is that I pulled off consecutive barrel rolls on Sol 2 after using Turbo to keep my 1st place alive, and won it.

Serris
5th March 2011, 04:59 AM
1: WipEout HD was the first PS3 game I'd ever played, or seen in action for that matter. I didn't have a PS3 yet, so I headed over to eBash and started up one of the PS3's, set up a race. Then there was the loading screen. Silence. Suddenly, EYE CANDY :eek I just sat there, staring at the screen, completely in awe. (Keep in mind that this was the absolute first time i'd seen anything in HD so, there's that.)

2: Firing off a quake for the first time. BOOOOM!!! :rock

3: *TZZZZZOW* Contender eliminated. 'nuff said.

CHRIS REDFIELD
10th March 2011, 08:50 AM
ha ha ha good team race woop:)

il_mago_di_Doz
13th March 2011, 07:39 PM
The best moments in HD are when you FEEL the ship sliding in the perfect trajectory: when you KNOW you are flying as fast as hell, pulling off a mix of br, ss, pitching, sidebreaking, and stuff, and you just see that the ship does exactly what you wanted to do.
Awesome.

Colonel
31st May 2011, 11:33 PM
My two best moments in HD both came tonight. 1) Beating Zico and gaining transcendence and 2) getting to #10 in the overall Zone rankings on Connavar's website.

Two big milestones and two goals that I have had for several months. And the biggest achievements I've made in the game. What a night :g

KGB
1st June 2011, 12:15 AM
I forget I made this thread sometimes.

I should mention the time when I got the No 1 multiplayer time on sol 2 reverse rapier. I was playing really early in the morning and beat Greenix's time which is funny in itself regarding my first post in this thread :D. Ecstatic to say the least. I remember telling him that he was No 2 (he took it badly :D)

The time is really slow now, but it still is my best on that track.

ion harvest
9th June 2011, 10:35 AM
I hold the multiplayer number 1 spot for SOL2 Forward Rapier. :D

But I don't have a job anymore. Who cares? I'm the best at something for the first time ever and I'm going to enjoy that.

Anyone want to race?

mdhay
9th June 2011, 10:43 AM
Playing aginst my dad. :3

helgso
9th June 2011, 05:49 PM
I have only played this game for a week now.
My best moment yet is when I dashed through some wavey corners in the campaign and just getting the first place on the last lap in the last turn. Great game, great game.

tug_14
10th June 2011, 01:22 PM

But I don't have a job anymore. Who cares? I'm the best at something for the first time ever and I'm going to enjoy that.

Anyone want to race?

not me ...

flute ^^
wrong section

Saaaaaaaaaaaat help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slow-train
10th June 2011, 08:41 PM

Anyone want to race?

well done m8,being on the rock n roll certainly does help with your gameplay! but just dont let texas or chee5e2ee know,cause they will want it back lol:rock

Augmentator
11th June 2011, 09:47 AM
My best moment... Hm... Hitting the last turn in Ubermall Phantom class without touching the sides in a Triakis. :D

ion harvest
16th June 2011, 09:56 AM
not me ...

flute ^^
wrong section

Saaaaaaaaaaaat help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tug_14. :)

Thanks man. I remember racing you in phantom. Good races :)

SlowTrain, I don't think the recs are updating so my time is safe for the moment teehee.
But yes texasalex and cheeses will probably break it. Grr.

Anyway I got a friend of mine to enjoy wipeout yesterday and we had a really good time playing it. I felt like ii was constantly teaching him but he got the hang of it. Good stuff.

Planoptik
16th June 2011, 01:31 PM
This might not mean much to you guys, but getting my first gold medal. I didn't put the acceleration sensitivity to 10% so I kept wondering why I was going so slow. 54 tries later I finally got it, started screaming and jumping in the air, while simultaneously fist-pumping :D

That's when I figured out this game is too awesome for words.

Oh and screwing up Sol 2 repeatedly and cursing the track for not having any BR spots and having to find some on my own :D Barrier boosts for the win! :g

Boycey83
16th June 2011, 03:16 PM
On higher speeds you can do a barrel roll around the half way point of a lap, at the end of the massive right hand U turn when the track drops downhill. Trying to use the barrier for barrel rolls on Sol 2 always ends in tears for me.

Boycey83
16th June 2011, 03:20 PM
Two best moments stick out...

Getting my last elite gold medal, which was for the 8 race phantom tournament. Specifically, the moment when I realised going into Sol 2 that I had already won and the pressure was off.

And getting to Zone 75 for the Zone Zeus trophy. I think I nearly had a heart attack when I hit my target and immediately lost control and trashed my ship. The sense of relief was incredible, haha.

rythgen
18th June 2011, 12:50 AM
Pretty simple one but satisfying nonetheless, grabbing a boost off the last weapon pad on the track and popping it at the last second to fly from fourth to first and win by .02.

DaMiGi63
20th June 2011, 05:09 AM
My best Moment, Getting Elite Gold on Sebenco Climb in The Frenzy Event. My worst moment, Going up against SpacemanSpiff_01 (Ranked 78 ) yesterday & losing miserably, @ one point during one of the tracks, he actually Lapped me out & won the race by more than 30 seconds. "Note"; I was pleasantly humbled by SpacemanSpiff, there was no offense taken by him beating me, he was just "Better" at racing than I was & there was no offense intended towards him either.

The Black
20th June 2011, 07:04 AM
My best moment so far: earning the last elite gold on HD on the 8 race phantom tournament. That was pretty great. :g
Like Boycey83 I too arrived at Sol 2 with more than 8 points from the 2nd AI racer.

Oryx Crake
21st June 2011, 06:42 PM
actually boycey that spot you mention on sol 2 works even on venom with a little creative sidshifting ;)

anyway best moments... WR on anulpha rev nuff said! :D

Colonel
22nd June 2011, 07:51 AM
Wow, good effort Oryx. Didn't know you had a WR but just looked at the rankings site and sure enough, venom MPR. Well done dude.

Oryx Crake
22nd June 2011, 09:33 AM
Hehe yeah had it a month or two now... We'll see how long I get to keep it now the secrets out XD

Colonel
22nd June 2011, 10:08 AM
I don't think I'll ever get a WR to be honest. As the saying goes, you've either got it or you haven't. :|

ion harvest
22nd June 2011, 10:51 AM
Congratulations Oryx! Global no.1 spot is something I keep going back to on the records just so I can feel good about myself.

At colonel Gadaffi, "never say never". It happened for me and I used to think that the records were glitches or something. But I managed.

Xpand
22nd June 2011, 10:59 AM
My best moment was yesterday when I was playing online with some pros in Vineta K, where everytime I play with level 45+ pilots I come out 4th or 5th with times going from 1:55 to 2:00, this time I came out first with a new personal record: 1.44.57 in Phantom! I was like: NOO WAAYY!! My family got a scare and all went to the living room to see what was going on! :P

To me that was outrageosly awesome because I only play HD since January and I play it 1 or 2 times a week for one or two hours or so...

Boycey83
22nd June 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm usually delighted just when I get a record in the top 100 :/

JFthebestJan
22nd June 2011, 03:22 PM
hey adam, chengou reverse detonator is a spot where u can look for a WR ;)
900000+ is doable

Oryx Crake
22nd June 2011, 11:32 PM
@boycey: Dont let that deter you man! I'm usually quite happy to be in the 100s too wrs are set on good days when you're also lucky. though to be perfectly honest WR or no you can still be a devastatingly good pilot.

Interlewd
23rd June 2011, 04:20 PM
I'm still new to the HD scene (Welcome Back player :() so getting to Zen on Syncopia was an accomplishment to me.

THE_IcEMAN_
15th July 2011, 07:00 AM
Hey all,

For me is has to be beating Zico Record. Hard as nail's until you master it.

I was doing SL and managed a 30.85 on lap 99! Could'nt believe I just missed out so had to start again Got a 30.78 on the 1st flying lap. I.E lap two.

Once I heard that trophy bling I was punching the air! Done at last :D

JFthebestJan
15th July 2011, 07:43 PM
I'm still new to the HD scene (Welcome Back player :() so getting to Zen on Syncopia was an accomplishment to me.

there we go, another victim of the zone virus :)
btw. very cool ID!

a3a33a3abf
15th July 2011, 09:13 PM
Hmm.. my best moment?

Reaching top 500 in UberMall Phantom while being 1 month playing WipeOut.
@ion_harvest, still far from you, we haven't raced in a while. IN UBERMALL, not Sol 2. :P xDD

a3a33a3abf
16th July 2011, 03:56 PM
EDIT: Make that top 300, made a New Record today twice, still haven't synced since there is no internet conection in my house.

Dusk118
16th July 2011, 07:08 PM
Mine would have to be shutting my neighbor up in an eliminator on The Amphiseum. He was talking trash to the AI like, "Oh yeah, you can't kill me," and right in the middle of one sentence, I nailed him with a lucky plasma shot, killing him instantly. He was silent from that point on. :D

TescoValueGamer
21st July 2011, 02:45 AM
Hey all,

For me is has to be beating Zico Record. Hard as nail's until you master it.

I was doing SL and managed a 30.85 on lap 99! Could'nt believe I just missed out so had to start again Got a 30.78 on the 1st flying lap. I.E lap two.

Once I heard that trophy bling I was punching the air! Done at last :D

I finally beat Zico yesterday*, made a 30.75. I guess this means I'm improving, albeit slowly.
I think I was against you in a few tournaments online too yesterday Ice, you were leaving me in the dust :)

*And what really got hackles up with this? I was consistently screwing up not the third barrel roll of the basic four required - but the last (and easiest) one!

THE_IcEMAN_
21st July 2011, 07:25 AM
I finally beat Zico yesterday*, made a 30.75. I guess this means I'm improving, albeit slowly.
I think I was against you in a few tournaments online too yesterday Ice, you were leaving me in the dust :)

*And what really got hackles up with this? I was consistently screwing up not the third barrel roll of the basic four required - but the last (and easiest) one!

Hi mate,

Yeah we did play a few tournaments together mate. I can,t forget your user name. Made me chuckle when I saw it! :D You played well. I got lucky with my weapon pick ups to be honest. lots of mines & boost's.

Glad you beat Zico mate. It's quite a good feeling when you crack this tough nut. It has to be one of the hardest gold trophy's out there! I messed the last barrel roll up quite a bit to, I put it down to nerves. You assume the hard work is all done by this stage and then nerves get the better of you :blarg

a3a33a3abf
21st July 2011, 05:41 PM
Little edit to what I said earlier.

TOP 100 in UberMall ( #98 ) just in one month, beating @Colonel_Gadaffi, @ion_harvest and @Challenger#001 YAY!!!

Tip: Put custom music, learn Invalid Lap, Practice and you will get there.

Colonel
21st July 2011, 07:31 PM
Good effort mate! *scrambles madly for his controller*

ion harvest
21st July 2011, 08:44 PM
oh for a sec i thought you meant online (calms down) offline campain was done in the first week so it dont bother me. But I might just take your time there pal :D good going a33. :)

Whizawk
24th July 2011, 05:51 PM
Around Zone 112 on Syncopia I believe was mine. :rock

ion harvest
28th July 2011, 09:59 PM
Hmm.. my best moment?

Reaching top 500 in UberMall Phantom while being 1 month playing WipeOut.
@ion_harvest, still far from you, we haven't raced in a while. IN UBERMALL, not Sol 2. :P xDD
only playing online when I play man :) when u get your net back we will race again. Its been a while :)