PDA

View Full Version : an idea for detonator

shindubhe
5th August 2009, 03:33 AM
just an idea something i think could work.

lets say you make detonator i dunno 28 laps in instead of 14 and make it so your guns can upgrade like in the old school shooters, maybe pass over 10 pads will power your double shot to a triple shot and if you hit an orb you lose it again. this could give it a more progressive feel as at higher zones having a higher spread of shot would obviously make things easier which would balance out with the higher speeds (if you dont hit an orb obviously)

just a basic idea im sure i could elaborate but i think you see where im going

GreenPhazon
5th August 2009, 08:17 AM
Even better - have waves of enemies that fire back like Gradius or something.

RedScar
5th August 2009, 07:22 PM
Shooting enemies is just evil, making an already hard mode harder :P

Also, once you hit stage 14 it just becomes a challenge to survive, so more laps at a faster pace would be next to impossible without drastic changes to the game mode.

shindubhe
5th August 2009, 08:04 PM
the higher laps would be harder thats why i said to add more of a multi/spread shot which would make orbs easier to get rid of. once you hit 14 i dont think the course is too hard its just dodging orbs that is hard imo.

could make it a different kind of detonator so it doesnt ruin the origional mode

also we need a flamerthrower!!! kind of off the point but still a good idea XD

RedScar
6th August 2009, 05:53 AM
It would be a cool idea, but considering how the game is more based around accuracy having it turn into a constant shooting fest shys from the original mode. I'd be cool if it was its own seperate gamemode though.

Aeroracer
9th August 2009, 12:28 AM
could be a cool idea..i think some players would like to keep the original..maybe has it as a new mode:nod

wipeout rocks
30th December 2009, 10:08 AM
!!!orbs!!!
they are not orbs they are mines and bombs

someguy789
27th April 2010, 04:13 PM
how about power-ups for every bomb destroyed rather than just getting them for completing laps?
Infinite laps would be fun though, imagen it on supersonic!

Motorsagmannen
5th May 2010, 08:45 PM
how about power-ups for every bomb destroyed rather than just getting them for completing laps?

:+ nice idea, and mabye not only the guns can be upraded, maybe 1 out of 4 upgrades gives you slightly more health. i dunno, but upgrads in detonater would definitely encourage me to play it more.