PDA

View Full Version : The Last Game You Bought?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BulletWraith
3rd August 2009, 10:10 AM
what was the last game you bought?
I thought this would be a good idea for a new thread as I think we Zoners have awesome taste in games, ideally this thread will help introduce us all to games we may have never heard of or thought of purchasing
to keep this thread nice'n neat we could have the name of the game, a link to a short video of it, the cover and a few lines describing it and why you got it, the idea was for these games to not be to mainstream, but I guess you decide that

I'll start

vib-ribbon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKHP7JtPPpA)
got this game a few weeks ago :rock
vib-ribbon was released in 1999/2000 for the PS1, it's a rythem game made by the fine people who introduced us to Parapper the Rapper & Amplitude.
You prettymuch just play as a stick bunny rabbit walking a wire trapeze navigating obstacles on the wire that are created by the games music or you can use your own music CD's
(I put the wo2097 PS1 disc in which created some very interesting experiences, whereas Denis Leary's jokes were almost impossible to get though)
The Experience is magical, some CD's work better than others with it, I can't wait to try some Sigur Ros, it was a nightmare to track down but well worth the effort

-zer:donutshen

mdhay
3rd August 2009, 10:35 AM
I recently bought BioShock, I enjoyed it, though I somewhat regret buying it now.

Set in an alternate history 1960, the game places the player in the role of a plane crash survivor named Jack, who must explore the underwater city of Rapture, and survive attacks by the mutated beings and mechanical drones that populate it. The game incorporates elements found in role-playing and survival horror games, and is described by the developers and Levine as a "spiritual successor" to their previous titles in the System Shock series.

The player collects weapons, health packs, and Plasmids that give the player special powers such as telekinesis or Electrobolt, while fighting off the deranged population of the underwater city of Rapture. The player at times will need to use stealth to slip by security cameras and foes, and can also hack into security stations to turn automated drones to his side.

This is what I want to play as on UT3 :hyper:

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shot00047-1.jpg

Hemicrania
3rd August 2009, 10:59 AM
Bionic Commando Rearmed

Bought it because im waiting for the Trophy patch, wich suppossed to be released in Europe this week. Also have the orginal on my NES, wich I played to death...so its gonna be a easy trip down memory lane.(this version is gonna get a level-cut with the update cous people were complaining its too hard. Grow up. The're just not used to playing games that are based on the old-scool 2D system - were you had to work for your money. Lazy bastards.)

I hope they still have the fake Adolf in the end. The purple mustage always cracked me up. ITS ****ING PURPLE!!! hilarious :rock

Edit : ...its brown, must have been the colours of my tv...damn...not that funny anymore...

http://wii.kombo.com/images/content/news/blurb_BionicCommandoVC_20080812.png

okam
3rd August 2009, 11:17 AM
NumBlast from the PSN store, not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Puzzles were fun but too easy (gold crown on all 50 of them), endless/time trial modes are boring and feel useless. Ah well, it was cheap and I got some trophies out of it.

BTW just finishing up my 2nd playthrough of Bioshock, on survivor difficulty for the platinum trophy (just entered Point Prometheus). Survivor isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Was going to sell it to get some money towards a new game, but I am now thinking of keeping it, can definitely see myself playing through this one again at some point.

ACE-FLO
3rd August 2009, 11:31 AM
I'm gonna get stick for this - I know it!

The last game I bought was Loco Roco. (cringe) I got this game too play after the Pulse tourneys, to help wind down. Pulse gets my adrenaline going, and loco roco is so cute, it calms me down...

I haven't bought a game in over 8 months though, Pulse dominates my game time too much.

infoxicated
3rd August 2009, 12:49 PM
I recently bought BioShock, I enjoyed it, though I somewhat regret buying it now.
You say that, but then you don't tell us why you regret buying it.

Last game I bought was Red Faction: Guerrilla, which I played to death until I completed the story and then completely lost interest in it. I might well go back to it when the DLC arrives, though.

Essentially you play a guy who comes to Mars to become a miner, only to witness the murder of your brother by the nefarious Earth Defence Force who act as a sort of Gestapo regime on Mars.

Post-sibling death you are tasked with various missions by the leader of the "Red Faction" - a resistance group with the aim of taking down the EDF regime and ushering in an era of freedom and independance for Mars.

Most of the time you'll just have to blow **** up in various ways and then escape the attentions of the EDF, or successfully arrive at a safe house or checkpoint in order to complete the mission. Sometimes you'll have to defend stuff from being blown up, other times you'll have to rescue people from captivity and, if you want, you can blow **** up. Other times you'll act as a gunner on one of those "on-rails" types of mission where, you guessed it, you'll blow **** up.

As you progress, new areas of Mars unlock and with that the wafer thin story unfolds. It's here that the game lets itself down through lack of ambition, unfortunately, as the story consists of what must have been a few bullet points on a single page of a notepad. The lack of depth is a real shame because there should have been more meat to it in order to give the sense that you were blowing **** up with a real sense of urgency and purpose.

The story aside, blowing **** up is in fact good fun, and the physics engine is marvelously entertaining. Placing some remote mines on weak points of a building, then standing back to detonate them and watch the whole thing come crashing down is fantastic fun. I found that picking up a fast armoured car, covering it with remote mines and then driving into an enemy stronghold at break-neck speed, before jumping out and detonating the lot as it ploughs into a swarm of EDF troops is both satisfying and amusing.

Aside from the missions there are demolition challenges, vehicle theft-to-safehouse challenges, and holo-tags to collect around Mars which belong to long-dead members of the cast from original Red Faction games, as well as ore to mine (you hit it with your hammer), and the occasional easter egg. Myself, I found one of the Mars Rovers (Spirit or Opportunity - it didn't say which one), stuck in a gully on the side of a cliff. I imagine I could have smashed it for salvage, which is something you can collect from each thing you destroy and trade for weapons or upgrades, but I didn't have the heart to go smashing up something with that much history.

On the subject of weapons, there's a good range to entertain and enough variety in the ways you can use them on missions to stop it from becoming dull. I did, however, find there were sudden difficulty spikes caused by bad balancing of the AI troops in some missions. It was a totally ridiculous difficulty spike that had me giving up on the original Red Faction when I had been really enjoying it, so I was really concerned about this. It turned out I managed to complete the game with a bit of perseverance, though.

Oops, it's turned into a bit of a Eurogamer waffle, this one, so I'll finish by saying that my score for Red Faction: Guerrilla would be 8/10 :)

slimjim
3rd August 2009, 01:11 PM
The last game i bought was Red Alert 3 simply because i love the C&C series but the whole serial key misprint was a bit worrying to begin with

GreenPhazon
3rd August 2009, 01:22 PM
Tekken Tag Tournament. You don't need a long description like other people have given about their games. Good, ol' fashioned punch-ups.

Haywire_Guy
3rd August 2009, 01:49 PM
Last game i bought was Fury.... and the one before that Wipeout HD... and the one before that Burnout Paradise. All bought on the first day of each month for the past 3 months =P.

Burnout Paradise is an awesome game, you should buy it if you havent already done so. Its just like Wipeout - with gravity!

mdhay
3rd August 2009, 02:07 PM
You say that, but then you don't tell us why you regret buying it.

This was because the PS3 browser limited how much I could type when I went back to type it im my other post - No idea why, though.:S

I have regretted buying this because I was under the impression that I could Explore Rapture, which even though I can to an extent, It isn't like Fallout 3 sized (I know that Fallout 3 is far larger, but I compared it to a game lots of people can relate to). Also, most of the plasmids that were available seemed pointless, I must have used only six or seven of what I had.

But for what I played of it, it was an extremely emotional game - after saving all the Little Sisters and killing Fontaine and seeing the final sequence, I almost cried. Bioshock definately deserved all the praise it got.:):+

pirahpac
3rd August 2009, 03:07 PM
i bought recently "armored core for answer" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2khLx5WAid0 its a very haaaard game but amazing when u can control good ur robot ..awesome really and the japanese guys online are O_O

Hemicrania
3rd August 2009, 04:55 PM
This was because the PS3 browser limited how much I could type when I went back to type it im my other post - No idea why, though.:S

I have regretted buying this because I was under the impression that I could Explore Rapture, which even though I can to an extent, It isn't like Fallout 3 sized (I know that Fallout 3 is far larger, but I compared it to a game lots of people can relate to). Also, most of the plasmids that were available seemed pointless, I must have used only six or seven of what I had.

But for what I played of it, it was an extremely emotional game - after saving [SPOILERZZZZ]

You might want to edit yer post m8, some people still want to buy this great game... :)

Hellfire_WZ
3rd August 2009, 05:38 PM
Currently playing Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. Loved the whole Action RPG genre, especially Diablo II, so I decided to give this one a try. So far I'm absolutely addicted, and to top it all off, Blind Guardian is in it! :D I've also got Titan Quest on standby once I'm done as well

YouAreFubar
3rd August 2009, 07:17 PM
Well, not counting Fury the last game I bought was 'X3: Terran Conflict' for the PC. Basically its a space fight, trade and explore game and is pretty good (if you like that sort of thing). Ive not been playing it too long and its pretty tough.

I was going to explain the back story but its quite extensive and more than I can be bothered to type so thats available here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3:_Terran_Conflict) on Wikipedia and here (http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3tc/info_en.php) on their website. Theres also a trailer for one of their expansions here (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-aldrin-x3-terran/49492), id recommend a watch as the game looks sweet if you have a rig big enough to play it on full whack.

One of the most amazing things about the game is the scale. When you see the space stations far off you dont think much until you get right up close and see the size of some of them. And the capital ships as well. Crazy stuff!

RedScar
3rd August 2009, 07:21 PM
Fat Princess as of a couple days ago. Last full game I bought was WoW. Both are great games in their on rights.

Mr Phlanj
3rd August 2009, 10:09 PM
vib-ribbon was released in 1999/2000 for the PS1, it's a rythem game made by the fine people who introduced us to Parapper the Rapper & Amplitude.

I remember getting that!! im going to have to find it again :)

The last game I bought was Loco Roco.

i only played #1 and i loved it. its all about the blue guys

I have recently got hold of a few consols/games starting with the sega saturn i got wipeout, VF2, loaded and a couple of others.

today i got a sega megadrive with sonic 1, mortal combat 1, ms pac-man and some game called vectorman.

:bomb:evil:bomb:-:-:- BUT I CANT PLAY ANY OF THEM. (i never had a sega console when i was younger) the saturn never came with the
av cable and the megadive switches on but nothing comes up on the screen.

NightArh
3rd August 2009, 10:13 PM
You got perfect games with your MegaDrive2! I lost my one many many years ago. It was my favourite console with such games like Sonic, Vectorman, Mortal Kombat, Earthworm Jim and other masterpieces ... :rock Sometimes I have a desire to play them

slimjim
3rd August 2009, 11:06 PM
i still have my MegaDrive :P

mdhay
3rd August 2009, 11:42 PM
@Hemi:

I would, but PSP browsers limit how much I can write. Sorry.:(

@Mr Phlanj:
If you have a PSP, you should try and get the Sega Mega Drive Collection on it, you can actually save!:hyper It's on PS3 too.:)

Aeroracer
4th August 2009, 12:21 AM
all star cheer leader.. wow game rocks. play it on the train.:):)

WolfKill01
4th August 2009, 01:37 AM
The last game I bought was metroid fusion. Short and linear(not what you'd expect from a metroid game), but fun all the same. The next game I plan on buying is the Metroid Prime Triology Bundle for the wii, even though I already own all three of them. Why am I buying all these metroid games you ask? Just gearing up for the near endless hours I'm going to spend playing metroid: other m next year. Despite how it might turn out, IT'S GONNA ROCK!! :guitar :rock :guitar

Motorsagmannen
4th August 2009, 02:04 AM
@haywire_guy: whats that? wipeout....with gravity? zomg sacrilicious

Harvai
4th August 2009, 03:51 AM
Last game I bought was Over-G Fighters for the 360, and I'm in two minds as to wether I like it or not.

Over-G is a flight sim, like the Ace Combat series is a flight sim, but so far it's like comparing GRiD to Gran Turismo. Over-G has far more realism, such as taxing (Taxying? Taxeing?) down the runway before you take off, and a landing system I've yet to master (Overshot once, and crashed the second time!)

The damage is also pretty brutal, took a broadside from a battleship and lost power to the engines, not even enough to keep it airborne, that was a long, slow desicion over where to dump the plane (That patch of ocean looks good...)

However, planes take AGES to maneuver around and I'll have to bone up on my missile names because I have no idea what I'm using. I also can't barrel roll to avoid incoming missiles.

So yeah, I like it because it's got some good features, but I don't like it because it's not exactly easy. Practice makes perfect, eh?

BulletWraith
4th August 2009, 04:45 AM
Street Fighter ex3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLxbZjerFJI)
Finally arrived:clap
Street Fighter ex3 was released for the PS2 in 2000/2001 , it's a sequel to Street Fighter ex and ex2 on the PS1 from former Capcom staff Arika
the game plays just like most other Street Fighters and has a Tag system oh and it's in 3D sweet
I bought this game because I have fond memories of playing 'Street Fighter ex + a' on a borrowed PS1 as a kid.
sorry about the bad vid, it was the best I could find with Garuda my favourite character thus far(I've put in about 2 - 3 hours)
If your looking for an interesting take on SF with some pretty cool and varied character design check out the ex series

Lance
4th August 2009, 03:00 PM
@Harvai: mm.. taxiing?

-----------

most recent purchase for me is Forza 2 Motorsport. Haven't had a chance to do more than a few freedrives to get the feel of the physics engine, which is pretty damned good. Been too busy obsessing with another game, Soul Calibur IV, finally got access to all equipment last night, but there's a few of the ultimate weapons I've not purchased yet; need to battle for more game gold.

Chuckzombie
4th August 2009, 08:20 PM
Have finally gotten around to playing Dead Space properly at last and I'm loving it. I loved Doom 3 on my PC, but this takes the atmosphere to a whole different level. Can't say I've ever been so nervous or tense playing a game before. Excellent stuff!

If I can refrain from spending my money on drink this weekend, I'll get that copy of Killzone2 I've been promising myself for a while. Should be interesting trying to play my first FPS without a mouse! :p

DividedXZero
4th August 2009, 09:00 PM
@-zer0shen

Ahh...fond memories indeed...or were they frustrating memories?
I remember the zangchief similar charater's level was dull..
The guy with the skull outfit (wannabe super hero!) was funny..
Vaguely remember the guy on the top right of your pic...

And trying to do Garuga's multihit combo in the challenge mode...i always kept coming up 1-2 hits short of completeting it...LOL (eventually got it though)

YouAreFubar
4th August 2009, 10:41 PM
Ahhh Dead Space. I absolutely love that game, id borrowed it to a few friends for ages and finally got it back the other week so I thought id have yet another play through. But I was most of the way through then Fury came out.... bugger. Itll be a while before I finish that off again.

As for KZ2, if its the first FPS youll play without a mouse its going to be weird. Especially if your more used to 'twitch' FPS like say Unreal. KZ2 is sluggish on purpose to try and add a bit of realism to the characters movement. Personally I love the game but this has been a turn off for some people. Definitely pick it up though, the guns, graphics, gameplay and online modes (I couldnt think of something that meant online that started with 'G') are superb! :)

LOUDandPROUD
5th August 2009, 02:20 AM
Just bought Gears of War 2 for 360...it's in transit, so I don't have it yet. Recently beat Bioshock, which was fantastic. Getting ready to play through Mirror's Edge now, which has been sitting on my shelf (along with a bunch of other games I have yet to play) for a long time, thanks to not being able to tear myself away from WO very often. :)

BulletWraith
5th August 2009, 12:55 PM
just a little update on ex3
It destroyed my King of Fighters arcade stick! hahaha
it won't do up right or right anymore, darn the stick cost more than the game:clap

@ - DividedXZero
Skullamania? is awesome, him and D. Dark were my favourites from ex + a

Amorbis
5th August 2009, 01:00 PM
I recently bought another Nintendo 64 which was packaged with two games which I don't own already, Pokémon Snap and Super Mario 64. I also got a Super Scope for my SNES a few days ago for £2.50 :D All of this goes quite nice in my retro game collection.

ACE-FLO
5th August 2009, 01:47 PM
Just downloaded Pacman - the original namco classic for my phone, how awesome is that? Retro games rule!

GreenPhazon
5th August 2009, 02:26 PM
I recently bought another Nintendo 64 which was packaged with two games which I don't own already, Pokémon Snap and Super Mario 64. I also got a Super Scope for my SNES a few days ago for £2.50 :D All of this goes quite nice in my retro game collection.

You didn't own Mario 64 first time?! How you've missed out!!

Amorbis
5th August 2009, 05:27 PM
I was always a PlayStation person, I didn't get an N64 until about 4 years ago. There is still a few vital N64 games missing from my collection, I don't own Mario Kart 64, Majora's mask or WipEout 64. I hope to purchase these and a few more in the near future. I collect for a variety of other consoles as well, anything pre-PS2 era usually.

GreenPhazon
5th August 2009, 08:13 PM
I haven't played WO64. F-Zero X is dissapointing, too. Majora's Mask can be very expensive on cart, if you have a Wii I suggest VC

rushin
6th August 2009, 09:32 AM
last game bought was Civ 4 complete, along with warlords and BTS expansions for a good friend of mine. We had been chatting about playing for ages so decided to give it a go.

warning Civ will steal your life, all of it. no exceptions :guitar I cant begin to explain how much of a time vampire this game is. we have lost entire weekends to playing just one more turn :) It is good though, despite the fact i wake up late every morning dreaming of ways to reach Robotics quicker, or cunning plans to get my economy running faster.

And this is why no one see's me playing wipeout anymore :P

Amorbis
6th August 2009, 03:29 PM
Using eBay I just purchased a fully boxed with instructions copy of WipEout 64 for £3.23. :D That's the last WipEout I needed to fully complete my WipEout collection. I hope I didn't outbid any other Zone members. ;)

Based on the videos I've watched on YouTube it should be a good game, I've never been keen on the N64 controller though and handling might be a bit weird for me with the analogue stick.

Chuckzombie
9th August 2009, 03:09 PM
Well KZ2 came in the post on Saturday morning and I have to say I don't think I've been as impressed by a game before. The graphics, pace, feel and overall 'balance' of the game are fantastic. I love the 'weighted' feel of the controls and the way the enemy AI works is superb. Those Helghans really don't want to be shot! :p

Makes me really glad that I held out and got a PS3 instead of going for the cheap 'n' easy option of the XBox 360. Absolutely brilliant game! :nod

YouAreFubar
9th August 2009, 09:07 PM
Good stuff Chuck, im glad you like! I havent played it for a while but im itching to get back on KZ2 online again, but everytime I turn my PS3 on theres WipEout sitting there, temping me......

ingvildr
13th August 2009, 10:22 AM
I tried to go back and play some kz2 mp last night and just couldn't do it, i've been playing so much wipeout hd that my hands just couldn't get used to 30fps aiming it just felt unplayable, although great game when you get in the zone :)

DawnFireDragoon
13th August 2009, 10:33 AM
Killzone is great, for some reason i have to play half an hour-ish to get back into it everytime i play it. to get to the zone, like you say, i guess.

but once there, it's fun.

i didn't like it the first time i played it, because i didn't give it the time...but now i think it's up there with Wipeout HD and Drake's Fortune as a good showcase for the PS3.

P.S. last game i bought was Wipeout Fury expansion, on my mates PS3....and actual physical disc game was Burnout 3: Takedown for PS2....me and my mates wanted to mess about with crash mode!!! :)

mdhay
13th August 2009, 10:34 AM
+1 to that, mate. Killzone is far, far superior to CoD IMO, and as an avid Nazi Zombies fan (so I've played WaW and I've also played MW), I would rather cook some fools with an HGH assault rifle in Salamun Market anyday.:+

ingvildr
13th August 2009, 10:40 AM
For me kz2 basically got put on the pile after a week or two of playing because of fury and now i can stop playing wo. Really looking forward to borderlands though, me and 2 of my mates are getting it day of release, and games always seem 10x better for me when playing with friends and headsets *remembers cs:s*.

zeeZ
13th August 2009, 11:29 AM
Fat Princess is the last game I bought, is pretty fun to play when I'm bored. The next ones will probably be my preordered Aion in September and Brütal Legend in Rocktober :rock

xtriko
13th August 2009, 10:35 PM
Space Invaders :)

just kiddin' ;) I think it was Guitar Hero Metallica

Mr Phlanj
15th August 2009, 07:12 AM
got my sega saturn cable yesterday :D :D. Also got Oddworld:abes oddysee, tekken 3, Commandows 2 and discworld noir.

Fun times

Rapier Racer
16th August 2009, 02:32 PM
InFAMOUS, and what a game. BzzzzzZZZZZZ

xtriko
16th August 2009, 07:15 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 2

DISRUPTOR
21st August 2009, 05:10 PM
Curious village for Nintendo DS

Aeroracer
21st August 2009, 11:59 PM
i bought fury..:)

Lance
22nd August 2009, 03:10 PM
Forza Motorsport 2, I think. Looking forward to Forza 3 coming out in a couple of months, but shuddering at the thought of how long I'll have to wait for a used copy I can afford. Forza 2 only cost me 13 $US - 10 percent discount + 7 percent sales tax added.

MEKAGORI
23rd August 2009, 09:19 PM
lol, WipEout Pure.

I wanted to play WipEout while I watch anime on the PS3 browser.

BulletWraith
14th October 2009, 11:00 PM
bought Little Big Planet a couple days ago, slept on my mates couch almost a whole week so all our saves are on her flatmates PS3:eek, great game!
got given a promo copy of Singstar motown, trying to sell it off so I can try and justify buying a copy of Arkham Asylum

still looking forward Borderlands, going to pick up a headset for it next week, any wipers getting it for PS3 that aren't loot ninjas?

-zer0shen

Mu5
14th October 2009, 11:21 PM
The last game I bought was Trials HD - Best game ive played for a long time :D

The time trial action is fantastic - here is a taste (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oKJCSaiisQ) - Im not as fast as that guy, I can only get a gold on that level ;)

Also there is a level editor, which is also great fun :+

AG-wolf
14th October 2009, 11:27 PM
Ghostbusters for 360... I was in a game store over the weekend and saw Raiden Fighters Aces but didn't pick that up... FrostE could probably appreciate it though, along with Raiden 4 :P

When I go home this coming weekend, Im gonna connect my PS3 to non-filtered internet and possibly buy Gravity Crash

Kyonshi
15th October 2009, 04:26 AM
I bought 2 - Dirt 2 boxed game and TMNT Arcade Game, re-made in 3D polygons by Ubisoft, as DLC game. And its pretty awesome i must say :D:+

Mr Phlanj
15th October 2009, 06:29 AM
I'm having lots of fun playing my new game 'Sim Tower'

djKyoto
15th October 2009, 06:44 AM
Uncharted 2. Currently making a mess of my pants.

KIGO1987
15th October 2009, 07:38 AM
You need to calm down a bit cowboy:cowboy

Last game i bought was Gran Turismo on the PSP, love it, good little package, i go on it once in a while, getting ad-hoc party to work is a bitch though, but once you've got it working your set:)

djKyoto
15th October 2009, 10:14 AM
I just got Gran Turismo then, just poping on the PS website to collect my Ferrari Enzo now,

The packaging for Gran Turismo is sweeeeeeetttt!!!!, plus i got some awesome Bugatti Veyron collectors cars.

Happy Kigo :g:g:g:g

You need to calm down a bit

:beer

Mr Phlanj
16th October 2009, 08:26 AM
Twisted Metal World tour!!

YouAreFubar
16th October 2009, 09:15 AM
Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising. I think its a good game but it doesnt quite live up to the expectation set by Codemasters before release and its not without its faults. Its only got 4 online multiplayer maps, as long as they support this with DLC ill be happy!

xEik
16th October 2009, 04:28 PM
WipEout HD Fury on Blu-Ray. :P
Need I explain? I bought the Blu-Ray version because I don't believe in digital distribution when it is coupled (read hindered) with DRM.

YouAreFubar
16th October 2009, 05:06 PM
They released it on Blu Ray??? Id have preferred that to downloading it definitely for the same reason you outlined! Bugger!

Edit: Just seen the other post with the link to it on the GAME website......... £20 as well, what a bargain!

q_dmc12
18th October 2009, 05:27 PM
Penguin Land for SMS

It seems that it doesn't like the small sega genesis controllers (6 buttons)

blixabargeld
19th October 2009, 07:46 AM
Need I explain? I bought the Blu-Ray version because I don't believe in digital distribution when it is coupled (read hindered) with DRM.

Me bought the same 2 days ago, now is on my shelve in good company with other wipeout titles :cowboy

Harvai
19th October 2009, 11:24 AM

Urge to buy a PS3 rising...

Bought Persona 4 for the PS2 the other week. Quite a good game. Finding it a bit tricky juggling in-game school life and beating up monsters to get strong enough to save people

andy
19th October 2009, 01:16 PM
FIFA 09. Taking it on Wednesday to get sold though. I must've played it twice. I bought it on release day for £25 so I shouldn't lose much money, might even make some. But no, never enjoyed it, and it gave me and my friend a red ring of death after ten/fifteen minutes - his xbox is broken now but mine is fine, can play other games still - so yeah, bit scary. I'll be glad to be rid of it.

abukii
19th October 2009, 01:53 PM
Uncharted 2 and before that was Silent Hill Origins (PSP) and RTX Red Rock (PS2)

Kyonshi
3rd November 2009, 02:49 AM
I just bought Demon's Souls and i LOVE it :)

Pure King's Field atmosphere as well as reminiscent of genuine and vintage AD&D feeling :D:+

Zoth-Ommog
3rd November 2009, 08:43 AM
Uncharted 2 here aswell.

infoxicated
3rd November 2009, 12:27 PM
The last game I bought was Need for Speed Shift.

As the cars get faster the physics get more out of their depth to the point where you could drop the second "F" from the title.

Instead I've been playing this little indie game from about five years ago - maybe you've heard of it?

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

A big thanks to Uncle Ken for PS3/PS2 backwards compatibility and PS3 upscaling, 'cos it looks great on my LCD telly and I'm about 14 hours into it and loving it all over again. :)

lunar
3rd November 2009, 12:49 PM
Perfect review of Shi(f)t. I bought it and within an hour was wondering how it got such good reviews. I think brown envelopes must have played their part. Objective judgements by rational people who give a toss could not lead to high scores for this mess, IMO :D

Last game I bought was PES 2010. Still a classic, to me :+

Before that I got Bomberman Ultra, also terrific fun but absolutely pointless unless you have at least 3 people to play with.

abukii
3rd November 2009, 01:05 PM
Borderlands here. Before that UC2 and (PS2) RTX Red Rock.

Kyonshi
3rd November 2009, 09:42 PM
@Lunar & Infoxicated

From what i've experienced from NFS: Pro-Scrap and NFS: (Stay) Undercover, i didnt expect NFS: Sh1t to be any better. EA have some issues about adequately finish a game and TEST it. Horrible frame-rate and idiotic online programming can't be allowed with today's technological improvements. Make a GOOD game or don't do it at all; but for ****'s sake, don't do both at same time.

Triakis^3
4th November 2009, 07:58 AM
Ive got Gran Turismo on the PSP. i love it. HATE the car shop though.

infoxicated
4th November 2009, 08:34 AM
@Kyonshi - I only have myself to blame. I swore after NFS:Underground that I'd never buy another NFS title, but I wanted a driving game and Supercar Challenge was such a disappointment that I thought I'd chance NFS: Shift, especially since the demo was pretty good.

Unfortunately it's as the speeds get up that the flaws in the handling start to show, and the progression system just seems like such a grind. So now I have two turkey's in my drawer and will need to get them on eBay to recoup some cash.

Never mind, though - like I said, I'm back playing San Andreas right now and I'm halfway though Operation Anchorage. I need to upgrade the HDD on my PS3, though, as I'm just about out of space and will have no room for Mothership Zeta - gotta complete the Fallout 3 collection. :)

Just a shame that it looks like I'll have to wait for GT5 to get an accomplished racing game on PS3. Until then I'm getting a new PC very soon and it'll have enough grunt that I can play GTR at full detail. Oh yes! :D

Dark_Phantom_89
4th November 2009, 09:58 AM
My last game was Uncharted 2, just like most people on the planet :)

abukii
4th November 2009, 10:09 AM
Completely off topic, but my next game will be Fallout 3 GotY. I HAVE to try the dlc:+

infoxicated
4th November 2009, 10:10 AM
I wish I'd bought the GOTY edition - the DLC has murdered my hard drive space.

abukii
4th November 2009, 10:28 AM
Im with you on that. Out of the 55 gb available...I have like 5 left. Its a good thing that I kept all the data, from when I borrowed F3, on there. I wonder if the save files will be compatible. Im over 111 hours in the original disc.

Dark_Phantom_89
4th November 2009, 01:29 PM
The save files from the original Fallout 3 disc ARE compatible with the GOTY edition :)

Motorsagmannen
4th November 2009, 01:31 PM
well last 2 games i bought.
nan-naaa-nanana-nana-nana Katamari forever :D
and Tekken-6

Lance
4th November 2009, 01:38 PM
The weird thing about Pro Street is that I like the portable version on the DS a lot better than the big console version. The portable gives you a quick-race mode aND a track designer mode. AND it gets rid of the lame storyline movies!

infoxicated
4th November 2009, 01:55 PM
The save files from the original Fallout 3 disc ARE compatible with the GOTY edition :)
Yeah - I didn't know this before I bought Broken Steel. :|

mdhay
4th November 2009, 05:25 PM
Did you start again?

Last game I bought was, well, Borderlands. How cliché. :g:g

infoxicated
4th November 2009, 07:36 PM
Not yet, but I will do at some point. My level 27 character is just too strong for all the baddies.

Harvai
5th November 2009, 09:38 AM
Last game I bought was Halo 3 for my 360. Late to the party, I know, but I finally found a new copy under 50 Aussie dollars. Really only bought it to play with friends, the single-player storyline is yawn-inducing.

KIGO1987
5th November 2009, 09:59 AM
Bought CTR and Crash1 from the PSN store the same time BW did too, funnily enough.

Put them both on the PS3 as well as the PSP, I get double vision playing playing these game on the PSP.

Just telling how hard BW Crash1 really is. Hard to save the game, hard to get the gems in the game, real bitch n a half. Great old school games though.

ACE-FLO
5th November 2009, 01:39 PM
yesterday, i went the local Game store and picked up a copy of WIPEOUT HD/FURY on blu ray...

... went online after finishing the first grid in hd, and got owned :lol it's nice being a noob again ... not :D

yeldar2097
5th November 2009, 02:09 PM
:hyper
Patience young Padawan, you still have much to learn :g

:lol

last game I bought was KZ2 and that was a preorder...need more veg. Maybe borderlands or NGS2, whaddya reckon?

ACE-FLO
5th November 2009, 02:25 PM
watching your awesome vids... and thinking ?br junkie? - i can aspire to be one too ... someday!

i'm a long long way off.

yeldar2097
5th November 2009, 03:24 PM
I'll come round to yours and give you some 1-on-1 sessions :lol

You should watch Leung/pac's videos too, they're mental :bat
OBH, Hellfire and SatR have some good vids up too. check em out.

ACE-FLO
5th November 2009, 04:19 PM
yeah, checked out the hd video social group, and you guys are bloody maniacs :p i'll get to practicing, and yeah bud, the tutes will be mucho needed :lol along with a schmoke :)

invernomuto
5th November 2009, 05:18 PM
last game I bought is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and I have to admit I'm enjoying every minute I spend playing it :+

BulletWraith
5th November 2009, 11:30 PM
yeh Yeldar, you should pick up Borderlands!, I should be online in the weekend if I get to house sit for my mates(I don't allow myself to play it at home, to addictive)

hey KIGO hows the multiplayer in CTR?, thinking baout picking it up for the 4player split screen

-zer0

DJ Techno
6th November 2009, 09:08 AM
Wipeout pulse

back in 2008/

yeah. I have not bought any more games or to say even a dvd since then.
Really

n still having damn problems getting hd. Period.

Hellfire_WZ
6th November 2009, 07:14 PM
Picked up Dragon Age Origins today after hearing an absolute deluge of positive reviews. It does look good, although they have just released a patch to make the game easier as the difficulty is said to be quite unforgiving ;)

mdhay
6th November 2009, 07:25 PM
Same could be said for DMC4. Pisshard stuff.

DrMannevond
6th November 2009, 08:27 PM
Picked up Dragon Age Origins today after hearing an absolute deluge of positive reviews. It does look good, although they have just released a patch to make the game easier as the difficulty is said to be quite unforgiving ;)

I can vouch for that! I've had my brains bashed in by the same guy too many times to count, and I got the game yesterday:eek
Apart from that my only annoyance is the lack of the good old AD&D 2nd edition rules. Half the fun with the old games was actually being able to look stuff up in the books, and know that it would match the games exactly. (I'm a nerd, so sue me!:D). But all in all the game is really, really good so far.:+

Feisar31
6th November 2009, 08:27 PM
I have been hooked on Way of the Samurai 3 lately. It's a bit rough around the edges, and coming from Uncharted 2 the graphics certainly don't look too great, but I still love the game. :banzai I encourage everyone to check it out, especially anyone who liked the first one.

abukii
7th November 2009, 10:24 AM
Hah!! I still play D&D. 4th edition doesnt suck if: A) Youre not a rules lawyer.
and B) If you have a good DM.

As for games, I picked up Fallout 3 GotY and TRINE yesterday and the day before, one of the fine devs at Dark Energy hooked me up with a code to Inferno Pool. Its awesome btw!!!
www.darkenergydigital.com

Lance
7th November 2009, 11:27 AM
What does "GotY" mean? God of the Youtube? ;)

mdhay
7th November 2009, 11:32 AM
Game of The Year (Edition), Halo's was called odst, to make it sound new. :rolleyes:

Lance
7th November 2009, 12:13 PM
Give it a new cover painting, a GotY text, and it's worth at least another ten dollars or a new copy at 60 dollars, right? <sarcasm, of course :g My apologies for pointing out obvious 'subtleties'.

mdhay
7th November 2009, 12:43 PM
Yes.:g

Amorbis
7th November 2009, 02:16 PM
It's usually more than just 'GOTY' slapped on the front, you get any extra content that has been released with some of them. In some cases such as Fallout 3 it's actually cheaper to buy a GOTY Blu-Ray copy than download all of the DLC separately...

I recently received a new old PS1 game, No Fear Downhill Mountain Biking. You can see it in action here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1lnBtXUfRo). I had the demo on Disc 50 from the old UK Official PlayStation Magazine, if it wasn't for that disc I probably would be less likely to be here as it also had the Wip3out demo. :)

mdhay
7th November 2009, 02:36 PM
I used to have that, keep hold of that one.:D

abukii
7th November 2009, 08:16 PM
Yep, GotY F3 has all 5 dlc's. Priced at $10/dlc seperately and $60 for the game...well, do the math. Sealed copy for $64 after tax. On a lighter note, there is no sales tax on PSN cards. I thought that was odd (not that Im complaining)...

Harvai
9th November 2009, 09:36 AM
Game of The Year (Edition), Halo's was called odst, to make it sound new. :rolleyes:

I thought ODST was Halo '09? ;)

Rapier Racer
10th November 2009, 05:14 PM
Modern Warefare 2, awesome continuation of the story. I think the single player is a little short tho, then again I did sit and play non stop from 8.40 till about 20 past 3

Also....

CAPTAIN PRICE IS ALIVE! :g

ACE-FLO
10th November 2009, 05:20 PM
MGS4 - but haven't even played it yet... hd fury, is taking priority :g

mdhay
10th November 2009, 05:21 PM
PLAY IT!!!!! :hyper You have to! You'll love it, trust me. MGO's a blast, too. ;)

SaturnReturn
10th November 2009, 05:33 PM
CAPTAIN PRICE IS ALIVE! :g

If I knew anything about the game at all then that would have totally ruined my day. Lucky! Is it a major spoiler/surprise or something?

mdhay
10th November 2009, 05:37 PM
I already knew that. :g

Rapier Racer
10th November 2009, 08:01 PM
Depends, I would say its high up there on the spoilers list if your not expecting it.

I guess if you search the net it can spoil things and give away some storyline, ok all of it then really, I managed to restrain however, and I actually forgot about the entire thing until...

Thats what its all about see the glowy feeling inside :P

mdhay
10th November 2009, 08:18 PM
Besides, he was always alive....... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBdao6b28U)

Rapier Racer
10th November 2009, 08:30 PM
Oohh that sort of gives it away doesn't it lol

Harvai
12th November 2009, 07:56 AM
Besides, he was always alive....... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBdao6b28U)

They couldn't kill him off. Woudn't be the same.

Now I haven't finished MW2 yet (and don't tell me the end) But doesn't Ghost sound a lot like Gaz from MW1?

This is relevant, Modern Warfare 2 was the last game I bought

abukii
12th November 2009, 10:49 AM
So many games to buy. My next will probably be MW2. If anyone likes side scrollers with a good story and sweet graphics and gameplay, Get TRINE. A definite 9/10 imho. At least try the demo.

MrSmadSmartAlex
24th November 2009, 06:14 PM
Zombie Tycoon, which is part of the Minis range on the PSN Store. It's stupid as :turd and great fun so far.:D
Also got Breakquest at the same time, which is awesome (if you like Breakout anyway).

slimjim
24th November 2009, 08:17 PM
last game i bought was borderlands

F.E.I.S.A.R
28th November 2009, 06:17 AM
Last REAL game I bought was Need For Speed Undercover.The last games I bought were played before(Sonic R,Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut,Sonic Heroes were played before)
People said that the Main Story was too easy and they kept dominating events(like real,I kept restarting just because I just cannot dominating events)
Nitro is coming out soon.Raffles City,Keppel Bay(Places in Singapore!)! Not that I don't want to buy it,I don't have the Wii!

abukii
28th November 2009, 06:39 AM
Id almost be tempted to get a Wii for personal use (we have a dev kit). They are interesting, just no games thatd Id enjoy save for Mad World and Metroid...

Anyway, last games I got are up there^^^^

BulletWraith
30th November 2009, 01:17 AM
@ aubkii
I'd also throw No More Heros (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGtgqw3IsVI) in there, I don't have a wii either, just rented it to play this game, the wii controller works great with it(a sandbox/beam sword/Assassin er stuff)

abukii
30th November 2009, 06:50 PM
Saw No More Heroes being played played start to finish last New Years. More bugs than a rainforest, imo:brickwall

BulletWraith
1st December 2009, 06:05 AM
I guess I'm just a big fan of Suda51 and Grasshopper, loved Killer7 to bits, had much more polish than No More Heros, slipped my mind that No More Hero's 2(I think) is coming to PS3/360
but no wii mote, I loved getting calls and answering the wii mote like a cell phone even with its sub standard speaker

AG-wolf
1st December 2009, 04:57 PM
I heard No More Heroes should be hitting 360 and PS3 sometime soon, updated

abukii
2nd December 2009, 04:00 PM
Interesting. A control map like Heavenly Sword would be ideal, would you say?

mdhay
2nd December 2009, 04:59 PM
Anybody got Portable Ops Plus?

abukii
2nd December 2009, 05:07 PM
LoL...I did, but I didnt have Portable Ops...epic fail :(

mdhay
2nd December 2009, 05:22 PM
Not fail, just a silly thing to do. You still have it?

abukii
2nd December 2009, 05:23 PM
Nah... I ended up returning it for some beer money lol

ACE-FLO
2nd December 2009, 06:03 PM
Anybody got Portable Ops Plus?

yep, me! But i don't play it anymore... PSP is effed :(

mdhay
2nd December 2009, 06:05 PM
Well, when you get a new one, my genomes are waiting. :twisted

ACE-FLO
2nd December 2009, 06:09 PM
probably in January - a 3k ... no, i still need a HDTV dammit! Aw man... :?

F.E.I.S.A.R
31st December 2009, 05:16 AM
Got WipEout HD and Fury for a few days now!

stin
31st December 2009, 11:02 AM
Last game I bought was Gran Turismo for PSP!

stevie:)

F.E.I.S.A.R
31st December 2009, 01:14 PM
Same here!Although I also got a new PSP!(Not the limited edition one,I got the Sprited Green Carnival Colour PSP-3006)

DeepMix
1st January 2010, 03:54 AM
well i bought Dirt2 its pretty awesome :)

Harvai
1st January 2010, 09:07 AM
Bought Blood Bowl for the PSP, and I'm crap at it! Didn't help that I played it at 1 AM on New Years Day after consuming quite a few drinks, but there you go!

Ace3cube
1st January 2010, 11:28 AM
Burn zombie burn .... hum lol what says ? nothing !
gonna hide :P

Rapier Racer
1st January 2010, 12:17 PM
Assasswipes Creed for PS3 only £10 new from Amazon, something to tide me over till Mass Effect 2 at the end of the month.

OneAVGNFan
3rd January 2010, 03:51 AM
Wipeout HD for $20 just on Monday!!!:rock

Lance
3rd January 2010, 02:04 PM
I think that only number nine in the list counts as "The Last Game You Bought". :)

I was hoping to make Forza 3 my latest, as a christmas present to myself, but missed the one-third-off sale by three days. :paperbag

OneAVGNFan
3rd January 2010, 05:50 PM
I am planing to find a good copy of Wip3out at my local flea market soon.

Lance
3rd January 2010, 06:16 PM
But the others are a DIFFerent subject. :D That sort of thing can hijack a thread if it's not kept to a reasonably brief digression with only a few offtopic replies. I usually allow no more than eight. Depending on the nature of the offtopic, the digression might limit itself quickly, but that usually doesn't happpen, and the subject of what games you own could go on for pages and weeks. If no one other than Al Sartwell listed only the many international versions of WipEout he owns, it would go for a couple of screensfull by itself. <slight exaggeration, but very slight.

BTW, please do not quote the post just ahead of your own. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Koleax
3rd January 2010, 06:30 PM
As part of a buy-2-get-1-free deal I bought Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, and Orange Box for the Xbox 360. I'm sort of a fan of Ayn Rand, though, and a huge fan of deco when it's not trashed, so after beating Bioshock I returned it for the latest Prince of Persia game.

Technically it's all those games but I suppose Prince of Persia is the most recently acquired. :)

omega329
4th January 2010, 09:17 AM
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

ohmahgawd, it's amazin' :rock

mdhay
4th January 2010, 09:49 AM
I got LBP on PSP. I somewhat regret it. Creating stuff is a pain. I feel that most of the levels are bugged, though I could be wrong.

Hellfire_WZ
4th January 2010, 02:55 PM
Got myself a DSi last week. Not a bad little bit of kit actually, it felt surprisingly intuitive playing Zelda with the touch screen. Unfortunately I also got Mario 64 DS, which is a clear example of how not to do touch screen controls especially as it forces you to play with the stylus in your left hand. Also getting Chrono Trigger on order :)

Lance
4th January 2010, 04:38 PM
The stylus in your lEft hand? Why is that, Charlie? I would have a big problem with that since I am only ambidextrous in larger, macro movement. I'm crap at writing left-handed; using the stylus that way would be... bad. I've thought about getting a DSi, though; nifty little machine.

Hellfire_WZ
4th January 2010, 09:12 PM
The game uses all the buttons except the d-pad, so the only way you can control your character is with your left hand. Zelda gives you the option to choose which hand you hold the stylus in so I'm not sure why Mario 64 can't transcribe the ABXY buttons to the d-pad so you can use your right hand. I've only got a small number of touch screen reliant games so far so hopefully it's an isolated case.

Mr Phlanj
4th January 2010, 10:01 PM
from owners of DS that i know mario sounds like the only game to have that problem, like you said most of them let u switch sides or if it's a game played in portrait then it gives you the option to flip the DS over (I have to use these options for most games because im a lefty :D)

abukii
5th January 2010, 04:08 PM
@ Harvai-- Blood Bowl is awesome. I dont think its out in the States yet but I used to play the board game wayyyyyy back in the day. Great fun!! I picked up Battlefield 1942 and the SodiumOne full game unlock (along with some goodies for HOME) on Xmas day. BF1942 is pretty cool. Cant complain for the price. Besides, Im a fan of the WWII era.

BulletWraith
7th January 2010, 10:02 PM
just got vib-ribbon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbHO1ZYhtLk)!!! in the mail a few mins ago
it's my second copy, so no biggie, just incase something happens to my other one, I got Bionic comando to give to my mate for christmas(it was cheap as chips) but I think he skipped off to india without telling anyone

the DS is a great system, I'd suggest giving Ninja Gaiden DS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDs0AkDyTU&feature=related) a go if you can find it, would be my first purchase if I ever got a DS

mdhay
11th January 2010, 04:21 PM
Got Fallout GoTY. It'd last a bit longer if I hadn't got Broken Steel beforehand, but yeah. Am glad I bought it. Gauss Rifle FTW. :) :D

Mr Phlanj
11th January 2010, 04:28 PM
the fallout games are all really good value for money now with the #3 GoTY out and how you can get the other 3 games for about £1 each.

I didnt buy them but i DL 7th guest and Indiana jones 4 for the scummvm program yesterday. good old point and click :P

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th January 2010, 05:11 PM
Heh, I got ScummVM a while back. I played some Beneath a Steel Sky, but I got stuck:lol. I'm not too good on the point & click games (only one I've ever completed properly is Discworld Noir), but I do like them. Maybe I'll get some more.
Although it's free and I've had it before, last game I got was Oolite, which I'm playing right now. If it was MMO game, I'd be as bad as those WoW guys... :D
Last game I bought was Cubixx from the PSN Store (PSP Minis), which is a basic, but pretty cool puzzle game. I preferred Breakquest though.

Dark_Phantom_89
11th January 2010, 06:44 PM
The last disk game I bought was The Saboteur. It's got it's flaws but overall it's a pretty good game. Time-consuming, but I'm enjoying it.

I also picked up Crash Team Racing on the PS Store for a trip down memory lane. I used to love that game and playing it again now, I can see why I liked it so much - it's brilliant!

Dan Locke
11th January 2010, 06:48 PM
I picked up Hypersonic Xtreme on Amazon for five bucks. It wasn't worth half of what I paid.

The track editor is awesome, and it beats the pants off of any other besides LittleBigPlanet's, but it can't hide the fact that the game itself is just broken. The vehicles' handling ranges from "rather bad" to "obscenely bad", and the framerate is unforgiveable, especially considering the generally low quality of the graphics themselves. All things considered, it was a huge waste, especially since I already had F-Zero GX and every console Wipeout game besides Wipeout Fusion.

What really ticks me off is that I could have had Extreme-G III instead.

AspenExcel
18th January 2010, 01:11 PM
flOw. A beautiful, atmospheric game for the PS3. There is a flash version here (http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/) but that doesn't do the graphics and music near enough justice as it does on the PS3.

Mr Phlanj
18th January 2010, 06:01 PM
flow is loads of fun 2 player too. and i like when u hover over the flow icon insted of a movie it just plays the music with 'life could be simple....' at the bottom of the screen :). it sums up just how relaxing the game is.

KGB
18th January 2010, 06:09 PM
Not out yet but just pre-ordered Heavy Rain, may be a real let down but it looks great.

G'Kyl
18th January 2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I'm reeeeally anxious to see how Heavy Rain turns out. Could be anything from THE game to "nice try" as far as I can tell.

Anyway, last game I bought was the Matt Hazard Sidescroller. And my love for the Matt Hazard history aside: So far I find it boring and frustrating. :(

Darn, I just remembered I also finally got PixelJunk Racer, which is great fun! Carrera as a game - wonderful! :)

Ben

Tomahawk
19th January 2010, 04:10 PM
Last time I bought any game was like 4 months ago. I sold some old PS1 and PS2 games of mine and got me a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP in exchange for them. I'm not the kind of guy who always buys the latest stuff or spends half of his monthly income on games... :)

XpanDrome2097
22nd January 2010, 02:51 PM
I'm not the kind of guy who always buys the latest stuff or spends half of his monthly income on games... :)

Exactly the same.
Think that the last game I bought was...mmmhh...MegaRace3, two weeks ago.
An average game indeed, but simpatic for me :P.
Am not a videogames fanatic, the only modern game that I really love is the WipEout saga.

DeepMix
23rd January 2010, 08:02 PM
Wangan Midnight for ps3 :)

well i didnt buy it actually it is a birthday gift from a friend :)

DJ Techno
25th January 2010, 12:03 AM
Reserved Dogs, i played it before... i think somebody can recall with me. they made a movie before the game.

Dead or Alive 3
and Dead or Alive the Volleyball matches

which is better fighting... or Volleyball!!!

Dan Locke
25th January 2010, 12:21 AM
It's Reservoir Dogs, and it is indeed based on a movie. My uncle's favorite movie, in fact.

DJ Techno
25th January 2010, 05:09 AM
good, i'll find it and get it downloaded. before valentines day...

give that to a women instead of money.

and i didn't feel like pulling out the game n say it right. sue me later.
but...

Supreme Commander, given to me from a friend who couldn't get it work.

i didn't tell him to his face. it would work on his computer.if he had a dvd drive with the cd.

a dvd base made cd.
no computer or laptop can handle dvds. without the right drive.
you can't play most games based on that now.

Mr Phlanj
28th January 2010, 11:27 AM
i bought metal gear solid for the psp yesterday :D im playing it on hard mode and im stuck on liquid in the heli

MrSmadSmartAlex
28th January 2010, 03:29 PM
Is that the PS1 Classics one, or Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops?
I had the original (which was great) on my old PS1, and I got Portable Ops from the PSN Store, but I haven't got around to playing it properly yet. Not enough spare time, and too many other games to play first, and that's if I can ever escape from Wipeout Pulse! :lol

Last games I bought were Constructor (PS1 Classics), and Super Stardust Portable, which rules! I wish I'd bought it ages ago. :D

ProblemSolver
28th January 2010, 03:47 PM
@Mr Phlanj: MGS is one of the best games ever made. I hope your are tough
enough to save Meryl!

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9477/2511949707af1b32aa144.jpg
MGS4: Rat Patrol Team 01, lead: Meryl Silverburgh, FOXHOUND

I really enjoyed the moment in MGS4 as you got in contact with Meryl again
in the Middle East. One of the coolest things was seeing her leading Rat Patrol
just before fighting the fight against the Frogs. She secured the door, did her
classic Eye Contact!, and said; Move!, while the action kicked in. So awesome!

Being in Shadow Moses again, in MGS4, and fighting the fight against Crying
Wolf brought up such a strong memory from MGS where you fought Sniper Wolf
at the very same place. I will never forget Sniper Wolf's final words shortly
before she died. And also the tragedy around Crying Wolf was so painful. Her
death was her freedom. There was never a wolf who killed all these children.
She did it all the time.

Rapier Racer
28th January 2010, 04:09 PM
Mass Effect 2 just dropped through my door, see you all in a weeks time :beer

Mr Phlanj
28th January 2010, 04:29 PM
@Mr Phlanj: MGS is one of the best games ever made. I hope your are tough
enough to save Meryl!

haha i've done the torture bit, and let me say it took me ages to get there with no radar and you have less life on hard so i had to push the button sooooo fast....and i faild with the tomato sauce so i had to go through torture three times.

just been playing it in the bath and im on disc 2 now and i looked away from my psp and it was dark outside!!

P.S. @MrS: yer ops is good fun but very very difrent to the others but still worth a play

Hellfire_WZ
28th January 2010, 06:35 PM
Now playing Mass Effect 2 :)

*dribble*

OneAVGNFan
12th February 2010, 03:33 AM
Just got Uncharted 2 yesterday.

One more game to get Platinum.

infoxicated
12th February 2010, 09:26 AM
Got MAG a fortnight ago now - absolutely addicted to it. :dizzy

drell
12th February 2010, 04:52 PM
Mass Effect 2 Collector Edition is the last I got. Truly great, anyone who can experience it (Either Xbox 360 or PC with good enough capabilities) should get if they're even just a bit interested.

slimjim
12th February 2010, 09:03 PM
i got MAG recently

BulletWraith
12th February 2010, 09:20 PM
finally got the Zombie Island/Mad Moxxi DLC for borderlands a couple days ago
went through Zombie island with a mate split screen really fast, to fast I guess but it was fun, we're enjoying Mad Moxxi's very very much so:hyper, just wish it was 4 player split or two player Split with two PS3s linked
before that I'd been addicted to the Mod Nation Racers beta, spent most of my time in the character creation station trying to get things just right, its allot of fun :)

Harvai
14th February 2010, 07:32 AM
Bought God of War 1 + 2 for $40 AUS and started on the first one. Damn, why haven't I played this sooner?

BulletWraith
15th February 2010, 10:44 PM
just got Marvel Vs Capcom2:rock
this game is so awesome!, desperate for a Arcade stick now

OneAVGNFan
16th February 2010, 03:12 AM
Yesterday, I got MK vs DC universe.

multibodydynamics
16th February 2010, 07:05 AM
Just won Wipeout Pulse PS2 on eBay, for the sake of completion. 8) I have all other installments of the Wipeout series, including PureEU, PureUS and PureJP.

mdhay
16th February 2010, 07:42 AM
Will be getting AvP SE when it's out. :hyper

As Heaven Is Wide
16th February 2010, 08:56 AM
I just bought the Indie love bundle here:

http://theindiebundle.com/

Some tidy games there for a tidy price. I've got Eufloria running in the background as I type this, it lends itself perfectly to being played while doing other things ;)

Machinarium is a particularly wonderful game (if you're into that type of game).

stin
17th February 2010, 09:05 AM
Last game I`d bought?

Yes, Motorstorm Pacific Rift. But, I also got that game as well for different reasons.

But anyway, I starting to enjoy this game again.

stevie:)

Mr Phlanj
2nd March 2010, 09:18 AM
I got (all for ps2) MGS2, Max Payne and Onimusha 2 in a 3 for £5 deal :D

wich
2nd March 2010, 10:45 AM
Last games I got were wipEout, wipEout 2097 and wip3out ;)

UB3R~JKP
4th March 2010, 02:24 PM
Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing
...a mario kart beater:o

Hellfire_WZ
4th March 2010, 05:50 PM
Heavy Rain. I don't think I've been this immersed in a game for a very long time

mdhay
4th March 2010, 06:09 PM
IMO, Heavy Rain isn't a game. It's a thing. It can't really be defined otherwise. A very good thing, though. :g

DrMannevond
4th March 2010, 06:24 PM
I bought Bad Company 2 on steam yesterday. So long MW2, can't say I'll miss you:)

Dark_Phantom_89
4th March 2010, 06:33 PM
Finally someone who agrees that Bad Company 2 is better than MW2. I salute you fine sir :clap

Mr Phlanj
4th March 2010, 08:22 PM
CoD4>MW2 im my opinion, and BC2 look awesome (i enjoyed the demo lots)

lunar
6th March 2010, 12:02 AM
Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing
...a mario kart beater:o

I bought that too. I don`t know about Mario Kart because I haven`t played it, but Sonic Kart does seem to contain a few "homages" to Wipeout HD. I love the original Sonic games, and Sonic Kart is great fun and really really well done. :beer

il_mago_di_Doz
8th March 2010, 01:04 AM
Mass Effect 2. Awesome :+

Kyonshi
8th March 2010, 02:42 AM
:twistedDante's Inferno:twisted

Despite the bad reviews which made me sceptical and perplex, i can say i've been pleasantly surprised by the AWESOME artistic visual rendering of Hell. This game is just bloody gorgeous, pun intented ;) Sound effects are also great, and action and fighting is freaking fun too. To me it turned out to be the complete opposite if what the reviews were saying.

It has never been so cool to descend into Hell :D:+

IDReaper
8th March 2010, 03:05 AM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, got it on steam for $9.99. I honestly like Clear Sky a lot more than Shadow of Chernobyl despite the bugs. DX10 wet surfaces and volumetric smoke = :eek

DeepMix
8th March 2010, 06:29 AM
battlefield bad company 2 :D

so far the game is pure awesomeness xD as expected :)

moderwar who? xD

designer_79
8th March 2010, 08:26 AM
Got Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 this weekend. I was thinking, that it wouldn't hurt having more story driven games at home. Oh man what a good decision that was. Heavy Rain is, simply put, a piece of art. IGN put it quite right along the lines of: 'like a good piece of art, this game makes you experience an established medium in a completely new way'. Then Uncharted 2, well I know I am late, but now I got the idea, why this game garnered GOTY 2009 :) ...

Last but not least the God of war collection 2 weeks ago .. Skipped over the PS2 (University was absorbing to say the least), so I am glad to have the opportunity now to slaughter tons of mythological creatures and listening to an epic soundtrack. 'runs off to the Playstation store to download GoW III demo' this game is gonna friggin' rock! Btw they had a Battlefield Bad Company session going on in the store and just by quick peeking its obvious its better than MW2

stinkleroy
8th March 2010, 09:38 AM
I'm in agreement with Kyonshi on Dantes Inferno. It is, simply put...gorgeous, even in it's vulgarity.

It's a little over dramatic but it never gets dull, for anyone who loves GOW type games, you'll most certainly like this one :)

Hellfire_WZ
8th March 2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I did enjoy Dante's Inferno. Very similar to God of War, but the environments were very well designed and it had its own feel. Easiest platinum I've seen in a long time too :)

Picked up Assassin's Creed 2 on PC a couple of days ago. Far better than the original, but I can see a lot of people being pissed off that you need a permanent internet connection to play it. DRM gone too far in my opinion.

I'll have FFXIII tomorrow as well, need to pick up my preorder

SaturnReturn
8th March 2010, 09:03 PM
FFXIII for me too. But I might not play mine. I ordered the collector's edition just for the traditional box art and it seems to be selling at enough of a price difference that it might be more worth my while saving it then selling it unopened and getting a second hand copy. Although the chances are people were just buying those copies for higher prices thinking they'd get it in advance of the release date. Maybe they did, who knows.

I had planned on another game to play but WipEout Pulse is all the Pulse I need to keep me entertained right now anyway.

Aeroracer
8th March 2010, 10:56 PM
i bought ridge racer 7...totally unrealistic but thats why i bought it as i can be as realistic as i want when i drive my car in real life..plus it was nice n cheap..

At hellfire....i played assasins creed 2..its really good game with one major flaw that renders it crap and thats because there s no replay option...

once you finish game u gotta go back to the start and start new game and watch the hours of boring crap in order to get to your favourite levels..:turd

OBH
14th March 2010, 06:52 PM
Okay, so technically I havnt bought it yet, but Red Dead Redemption (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU) looks like it could be something pretty special.

slimjim
15th March 2010, 12:59 AM
i bought ridge racer 7 too :D

Connavar
17th March 2010, 11:26 AM
Bought many games recently:

1) Demon's Souls ... played 3 hours, still need to figure out exactly what to do.
I won't give up though!

2) Gravity Crash ... played 1 hour, also played some custom-made levels,
good game!

3) BRAID ... played 2 hour, got to level 4, nice platformer with some puzzles.
I hope those get a bit harder, using physics and such, would be nice!

There were such puzzles in another similar game on Amiga:
Shadow of the Beast 3.

Dark_Phantom_89
17th March 2010, 12:23 PM
battlefield bad company 2 :D

so far the game is pure awesomeness xD as expected :)

moderwar who? xD

Same here. BFBC 2 is an amazing game, especially when you demolish a house and get someone inside it ;)

Mr Phlanj
17th March 2010, 05:11 PM
because the shop i voluteer at cant take pc games for free i got; aqua nox (i never played it before but i love it because its like freelancer but under the sea), (in one box) Tie fighter, X-wing and Tie fighter vs X-wing and I got AVP2+Expansion :D

OBH
18th March 2010, 09:38 AM
nice set! Xwing vs tiefighter and avp2 are sick.

Got white knight chronicles on a whim as its made by makers of rogue galaxy which i love. Best pick up soon, not enjoying it so far...

AspenExcel
19th March 2010, 12:52 AM
Pokemon Heart Gold for DS! So much fun! :hyper

DJ Techno
19th March 2010, 02:29 AM
batman
arkum asylum!

AG-wolf
19th March 2010, 05:03 AM
The Misadventures of P. B. Winterbottom (http://www.winterbottomgame.com/)

zeeZ
19th March 2010, 03:45 PM
Bad Company 2 (PC)

Technically God of War 3, but hasn't arrived yet.

BulletWraith
21st March 2010, 02:59 AM
bought Every Extend extra on PSP for my mate Bryce and to get free Shipping I got Okami on PS2 for my friend Lotte :)

Every Extend Extra got some pretty mixed reviews(but its made by one of the creators of REZ :D) and Okami is said to be very very very Awesome!:guitar
on the youtube: Okami (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwdSexcBiY), Every Extend Extra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l4jlvBHDYU&feature=related)

Edit: I'm jealous AG-Wolf, that game looks awesome!, been hoping for a psn release

DeepMix
21st March 2010, 03:04 AM
bought:

-dirt2
-borderlands
-sonic ultimate genesis collection

cant play them at all though, that was before ylod killed mi ps3 -_-

wich
21st March 2010, 05:45 PM
Every Extend Extra and Okami are both awesome! Every Extend Extra has a great feel to it, the music is very well intergrated into the game. Okami is beautifully made and has a unique visual and gameplay style.

I just got Heavy Rain. I really like the story, jus wish it was longer...

DrMannevond
22nd March 2010, 09:56 PM
1) Demon's Souls ... played 3 hours, still need to figure out exactly what to do.
I won't give up though!

The basics are pretty simple really : Everything, and I mean everything, wants to kill you. You have to kill them first.:p (Ok, don't kill the merchants. That's bad.)
But seriously - this game is awesome, but it takes a lot of trial and error since one mistake usually means you die, which makes you loose all your money, half your health, makes the game harder for you and everyone else playing it, sends you back to the start of the level and respawns all the monsters. The only way to get your money back is to get back to where you lost them without dying again. The only way to regain full health is to kill the Boss monster on that level (And remember, the game gets harder every time you die). That's usually the point where another player decides to invade your game and try to kill you.:D
Edit : Last game bought : Bad Company 2 for PS3, but I'm too busy playing it on my PC.

wich
23rd March 2010, 03:39 PM
W00t, just got X-Com Enemy Unknown and Terror from the Deep! Retrogaming for the win!

Connavar
26th March 2010, 02:30 PM
DrMannevond: thanks, I didn't know you get recover the full health.
Anyway, I'm still not "getting" it, I mean I beat many enemies and more, but
then a dragon's breath just killed me like that!

Mr Phlanj
26th March 2010, 05:25 PM
i was tempted to get duek nukem time to kill today but i put it back on the shelf before i was able to get my wallet out :P

DrMannevond
27th March 2010, 01:11 AM
..but then a dragon's breath just killed me like that!

Would that be up on the castle wall? In that case you just need to wait for it to pass and then run like crazy to the first tower.
If it's the place with two dragons just lying around then avoid them.
If you're unsure what to do I would suggest exploring the Nexus. There's at least one very important character on the gallery with all the kids and other important people just show up from time to time to both sides of the ground floor, behind the pillars. And you can level up by talking to the weird girl.:dizzy

DJ Techno
27th March 2010, 02:28 AM
Dante's Inferno

The Divine Edition

and came with a 12in Dante the Action Figure!!!

oh wowo!!!!!

and Wheelman... playing as Vin Diesal.. not to bad

OneAVGNFan
27th March 2010, 03:19 PM
Just got Infamous and SoulCalibur IV yesterday.

Harvai
4th April 2010, 01:44 PM
Bought Dissidia: Final Fantasy earlier on in the week. Playing through Squall's route, and I'm surprised he's actually talking, instead of the usual "...", "Whatever" and facepalm headshakes! :D Still, it's a pretty good game.

Also bought the PSP remake of Persona on Thursday. Got the special edition, too. My only gripe with it is that the top part of the soundtrack CD case (the clear bit you open) is broken. Shouldn't be too hard to find another one around the house.

AG-wolf
4th April 2010, 02:09 PM
Just bought MegaMan 10... can't wait for them to release Bass as a playable character ;____;

mdhay
4th April 2010, 02:18 PM
Bass is cool, even cooler when I kicked his and Alpha's ass. :rock (Battle Network 3, btw)

I got L4D 2 off of steam yesterday, seeing as my brother owns the disc and he used my steam ID (He's too thick to keep track of his own ID's password, or even the username for that matter).

AG-wolf
4th April 2010, 02:26 PM
Oh I dunno anything about the battle network games :P THe only MM series I ever really got into was the Classic series, and I liked the very first X game. My favorites of all the games are 7, 8, and Rockman & Forte, so that's the Bass I know ;)

mdhay
4th April 2010, 02:53 PM
Does he look like he has a fish for a head?

AG-wolf
4th April 2010, 03:07 PM
well he's always had these kind of stylized wings on his helmet, but they definitely look goofy in Network Transmission. This is his original design

mdhay
4th April 2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, them, he looks like a fish on BN3 (At least, that's howI remember him, was a long time ago, though).

OBH
15th April 2010, 03:20 PM
3 days ago i got a recently repaired (essentially brand new) 360 plus left for dead 2 for a meer £40 :) bargain!

jan709
15th April 2010, 05:38 PM
Mag is my last game, with headset :hyper. Are there other zoners who play MAG? Raven preferably?

OBH
16th April 2010, 01:24 PM
I thought MAG was terrible!!!! Essentially Battlefield but made far simplar.

jan709
16th April 2010, 03:45 PM
I dont know battlefield but i enjoy MAG. It has a feel to it you must appreciate.

(returning to topic now?)

SenGoku81
17th April 2010, 03:20 PM
Got God Of War 3 and have to say I've been laughing my arse off ever since, it's up to scratch against the GOW games and still leaves it imitators weeping. Ok, so maybe mindless killing is not your bag but I challenge you to play the demo at least stifle a guffaw.
My favorite moment thus far would have to be what happens to Posidon, I'm still smiling about it now ^^
The game is just so over the top and it knows it so keeps heaping on the beatings ><

IDReaper
17th April 2010, 11:44 PM
Motorstorm Arctic Edge for the PSP. Great game and definitely worthy of the motorstorm name. I did however feel the campaign was easier than Pacific Rift, I got the game two days ago and I beat the campaign 100%. :3 The Snowcats rock!

Hellfire_WZ
18th April 2010, 10:26 PM
Okay, I know I'm probably about 10 years too old for this and I'll probably get the piss ripped out of me, but what the hell, it's a great game...

Pokemon HeartGold :)

KGB
18th April 2010, 11:30 PM
Got Res Evil 5 Gold Edition and COD modern Warfare for £25 today. Very cheap I thought.

OBH
19th April 2010, 07:48 AM
very cheap!!

(and hellfire you bumder :))

KGB
19th April 2010, 12:41 PM
I still think there was some mistake with the pricing.

£9.98 - COD MW.
£14.99 - Res 5 Gold Edition.

Both pre-owned and from Game, couldn't resist at that price.

Not sure about Res 5 at the moment. I think I want to shoot the girl more than the zombies, I wish she would get out the freaking way!

Dark_Phantom_89
19th April 2010, 06:50 PM
KGB - The AI on Resident Evil 5 is very annoying, especially on the harder difficulties. They will stand right in the way and will take ages to heal you when you're dying. However, saying that, they seem to have perfect accuracy and don't actually get hit that often... I played through it with my mate when he came to stay with me for a few days and we thought it was quite an enjoyable game.

And yes, that price has to be a mistake - it cost me £24.99 and you got it for £15... you lucky sod ;)

OneAVGNFan
19th April 2010, 06:51 PM
Got Battlefield Bad Company 2 yesterday

KGB
19th April 2010, 07:33 PM
@DP I read a tip somewhere to take weapons off her so she doesn't use all the ammo.

Might try and sell it yet to see if I can make a small profit, I'm not a fan of games with scary monsters in :rolleyes:. Really tempted to get FFXIII but I don't think I have the time to play it properly.

Dark_Phantom_89
19th April 2010, 07:36 PM
KGB - Just give her a machine gun, sniper rifle, shotgun and every healing herb you can find. She doesn't use a great amount of ammo with these weapons.

DJ Techno
24th April 2010, 04:25 PM
GI Joe
the Rise of Cobra

BearAlmighty182
26th April 2010, 06:18 PM
My Mrs got me god of war 3 for my birthday im gonna give that a crack once ive finished with Batman and wipeout. Ive Also got Res evil 5, LBP. Fallout 3 and uncharted 2 and fuel all waiting for my attention. Plenty to keep me busy