PDA

View Full Version : Fury ships - new statistics

Touring Mars
23rd July 2009, 06:08 PM
Here's a list of all the new ship stats for the upgraded "Fury" ships...

Ship Speed Handling Thrust Shield Total (HD total)

Feisar 80 100 85 80 345 (330)
Qirex 85 85 80 90 340 (320)
Pirahna 100 65 70 90 325 (310)
AG-Systems 80 90 95 80 345 (330)
Triakis 95 70 70 100 335 (310)
Goteki 45 80 75 100 80 335 (320)
EG-X 85 75 90 70 320 (310)
Assegai 85 90 85 70 330 (320)
Mirage 85 80 85 90 340 (320)
Harimau 90 90 75 70 325 (310)
Auricom 90 70 75 90 325 (310)
Icaras 100 75 75 60 310 (300)

Jambo
23rd July 2009, 06:10 PM
I am back to using Qirex :D

Its a happy day.

Rubix42
23rd July 2009, 06:28 PM
Looks like my favorite VW Bug AG racer got a thrust, speed and shield boost. Fantastic!

stoneygate
23rd July 2009, 06:32 PM
Interesting, thanks. This'll give me an incentive to try out other ships rather than my current "set in stone" favourites.

Soooo much to do :)

IxDELTAxI
23rd July 2009, 06:41 PM
I think I will stick with Feisar.

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:05 PM
Good My AG Systems still has superior Handiling!

Roz
23rd July 2009, 07:16 PM
EG.x got shafted :(

H3avyM3tal
23rd July 2009, 07:28 PM
Wow :!
Did the Pirahna get just a small boost to thrust?

IDReaper
23rd July 2009, 07:35 PM
Pirahna just gained where it needed most, look out Icaras! The new Mirage also looks sexy judging from screens, just waiting for the NA release now.

Touring Mars
23rd July 2009, 07:42 PM
Wow :!
Did the Pirahna get just a small boost to thrust?
Yeh, +10

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:53 PM
Hey MArs thanks for Promising me a Faster better AG SYS and I cnat even freaking use it.

Im about to go nuts on peoples asses here. ;)

abukii
23rd July 2009, 08:10 PM
These look promising. Go AG:!

*edit* is there an increase to Loyalty points or does it still cap at 100k??

H3avyM3tal
23rd July 2009, 08:24 PM
Pirahna just gained where it needed most, look out Icaras! The new Mirage also looks sexy judging from screens, just waiting for the NA release now.

I only wanted a little more thrust :beer

Edit:
To the SHIP haha

ShiFunski
23rd July 2009, 09:05 PM
EG.x got shafted :(

Yeah... it's kinda sad. EG.X was my favourite team in HD besides the bad stats. But now with fury... i have to look for a new one because the stats are even worse according to the other teams und their stat-boosts. Quirex or Gotecki looks pretty interesting.

R.I.P. EG.X :? :frown:

Paul Tweedle
23rd July 2009, 09:24 PM
These look promising. Go AG:!

*edit* is there an increase to Loyalty points or does it still cap at 100k??

Still stops at 100,000, mate.

Paul.

SaturnReturn
23rd July 2009, 09:30 PM
How do new ship stats apply to Time Trial mode? Specifically on the original HD tracks. I hope only skins are usable here. Does anyone know if this is the case?

pirahpac
23rd July 2009, 09:50 PM
i ve tried new icaras on moa sl ..i think +5 trust now...cuz 1st turn my ghost was often behind..

Roz
23rd July 2009, 09:52 PM
So yeah, nobody will use HD models anymore. Kind of a waste really, I thought there would be no stat changes.

RedScar
23rd July 2009, 09:54 PM
Harimau now has a point to it, lol.
Well I will have to take a good look, since my AG is now awesome enough that I don't need to use mirage

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 09:58 PM
You dont just go "back" to Ag Systems.

Your BORN an AG SYSTEMS man.

abukii
23rd July 2009, 10:01 PM
Still stops at 100,000, mate.

Paul.

Thanks, Paul. Im working on *gasp* only my 3rd 100k. If the cap had risen, Id be taking my beloved AG out for a ride, but it looks like Auricom is it. Tough choice to choose between Harimau and Auricom...I like the feel of Harimau better, but I like the "thud" Auricom gives. 80k left on Auricom, anyway.
Again, thanks for the answer...perhaps something to patch or trophy for all 100k loyalty...call it " Dirty Faith" or something LoL (Definitely a gold;) )

Paul Tweedle
23rd July 2009, 10:05 PM
I'm an Assegai man myself- have been since Pure.

I'm up to about 70,000 loyalty with it- still some way to go!

Paul.

abukii
23rd July 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm an Assegai man myself- have been since Pure.

I'm up to about 70,000 loyalty with it- still some way to go!

Paul.

*Cough cough* Assegai was my 2nd 100k ;)

Handmadelion
23rd July 2009, 10:10 PM
So that's what the man behind the game goes stomping around in! I never would have guessed!

Roz
23rd July 2009, 10:15 PM
Well, he clearly wasn't an EG.X man! That's for sure! :(

SaturnReturn
23rd July 2009, 10:26 PM
Pirahpac, it seems to me that new ships can be used with their new stats. Hopefully this was a fairly easy thing to see coming though and there will be some differentiation between ship types in the tables, like a different colour or an F or something.

Just in case, I just took video of all top 100 rankings on TT, SL, Single Race and Multiplayer race.

Axel
23rd July 2009, 10:27 PM
Ah come on guys, Auricom got shafted hard. In fact Quirex has totally taken it's place, jeeze!!!!!

At least the handling should have gone up by 5 :(

abukii
23rd July 2009, 10:31 PM
Yea, the ships usually get nerfed...but do you see a pattern?? They get nerfed in NEW games. I think SL is giving us a friendly gesture that the game has evolved...whats next-- wipEout HD 1268x1280 [Resolution]...itll be a VR WO game *droooollllsss*

Paul Tweedle
23rd July 2009, 10:41 PM
Pirahpac, it seems to me that new ships can be used with their new stats. Hopefully this was a fairly easy thing to see coming though and there will be some differentiation between ship types in the tables, like a different colour or an F or something.

Just in case, I just took video of all top 100 rankings on TT, SL, Single Race and Multiplayer race.

There is a little F in a circle next to any record made with a Fury ship- the same icon that appears in the game lobbies.

You can see these now in the table for new tracks. I assume there are none in the tables for old tracks because people are primarily playing new stuff and/or cannot beat their existing record with the new ships.

Paul.

SaturnReturn
23rd July 2009, 10:43 PM
For anyone who's interested, it seems that new ships do indeed have a symbol next to them to differentiate in the record tables :) Although, not while you're doing it at the end of your race, but in the menu tables.

I would say though, from what I've seen of the new ships, they are 'butters' to look at from the back. Funky MOFOs from every angle, except the one we have to spend most time looking at them from. They're like floating lego bricks. Weird!

EDIT: Thanks Paul. I already gave in and downloaded it, but was a bit too late with the message :) Is that an F though? It looks more like the Anulpha Pass symbol or something similar.

EDIT: Never mind, I can kind of see it now, after much squinting :)

Paul Tweedle
23rd July 2009, 10:57 PM
For anyone who's interested, it seems that new ships do indeed have a symbol next to them to differentiate in the record tables :) Although, not while you're doing it at the end of your race, but in the menu tables.

I would say though, from what I've seen of the new ships, they are 'butters' to look at from the back. Funky MOFOs from every angle, except the one we have to spend most time looking at them from. They're like floating lego bricks. Weird!

EDIT: Thanks Paul. I already gave in and downloaded it, but was a bit too late with the message :) Is that an F though? It looks more like the Anulpha Pass symbol or something similar.

EDIT: Never mind, I can kind of see it now, after much squinting :)

Get yourself a nice, big, 1080p Bravia- then you'll see it's an F! :p

Paul.

abukii
23rd July 2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, there is an F with a F300 logo around it (looks like the f300 logo) and you can also tell if a player has Fury by his or her exhaust fumes-- theyre red as opposed to blue. I wanted to mention this earlier, but completely spaced it out...

*edit* I have a nice big 1080p Sceptre tv...its actually pretty hot...

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 11:01 PM
Why is it on my friends TV he has flag but I dont? its so weird....

RJ O'Connell
23rd July 2009, 11:02 PM
Hopefully now we'll see every ship being used online.

darkfaerytales
23rd July 2009, 11:03 PM
maybe it's too early to judge , but...i'm wrong or the new quirex , goteki e harimau are totally beasts this time

Paul Tweedle
23rd July 2009, 11:04 PM
Why is it on my friends TV he has flag but I dont? its so weird....

Do you mean on his TV you see flags and on yours you don't? If so it could be because some small unessential items had to be removed on SD displays. Is yours an SD TV? Could explain why, if I've understood your question correctly.

Paul.

SaturnReturn
23rd July 2009, 11:05 PM
Get yourself a nice, big, 1080p Bravia- then you'll see it's an F! :p

Paul.

I intend to, just as soon as I move out to somewhere big enough for one. It's worth it to see Zone battle in all it's glory. My least frequented mode, but damn it's pretty.

New Goteki seems nicer to drive too with the new stats, although still ugly. It used to be so pretty, despite what everyone else said about it, hehe.

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 11:05 PM
Do you mean on his TV you see flags and on yours you don't? If so it could be because some small unessential items had to be removed on SD displays. Is yours an SD TV? Could explain why, if I've understood your question correctly.

Paul.

That would explain it, Mine is a SD TV. his is HD.

is there anyway to turn them on?

Paul Tweedle
23rd July 2009, 11:12 PM
That would explain it, Mine is a SD TV. his is HD.

is there anyway to turn them on?

No, I'm afraid not. Some of the smaller screen items would just look horrible when the resolution is lowered to a certain degree so things like the flags are omitted. If you check his out a bit more you may spot one or two other differences. Nothing essential or important mind.

Paul.

djKyoto
24th July 2009, 02:31 AM
Looks like Triakis got the best stats boost in the end, with +25 stats.

I'm still sticking with AG-S. Almost Max thrust and decent speed now. :rock

LOUDandPROUD
24th July 2009, 03:29 AM
I'm still puzzled as to why the new ships don't have those blue anti-gravity drives glowing underneath them any more. Just looks so strange and bare without them. And how do they hover above the ground without them anyway?

Vartazian
24th July 2009, 09:48 AM
Magic

stever
24th July 2009, 09:52 AM
Invisible AG pixies holding them up on hundreds of little fishing rods

KIGO1987
24th July 2009, 09:57 AM
Im fully lovin Triakis now, one of the best ships of the game now, its like its Pulse cousin now, super responsive. Damn nippy as to, i love how Phantom mode, actually feels like phantom mode now.

RidgeTop
24th July 2009, 09:58 AM
I'm still puzzled as to why the new ships don't have those blue anti-gravity drives glowing underneath them any more. Just looks so strange and bare without them. And how do they hover above the ground without them anyway?

Not all of the original HD ships had that, I diddnt see one under Mirage.

jan709
24th July 2009, 11:02 AM
i think fury will get me to shift from ags to assegai and mirage, but i havent raced phantom yet so nothing is certain.

doe anyone else thinks the new mirage is awesome and the new ags is very ugly? :?

krioto
24th July 2009, 11:17 AM
I really like all the new models - but the Mirage and the Harimau look fantastic.

Does anyone know how to unlock the top row of new ships?

LOUDandPROUD
24th July 2009, 12:21 PM
@ Vartazian and stever - LOL :lol

@ RidgeTop - Hmmm, yah, I probably haven't looked under every ship...just assumed if some had them then all of them would. That's what I get for assuming!

Rubix42
24th July 2009, 01:20 PM
@krioto

I'm not sure either, I was unlocking the second row by completing the grids with golds in the campaign. It was a mix of skilled and elite (can't beat zone battle on elite yet)

I'm assuming the top row will be linked to either all gold medals, or all gold medals elite.

IxDELTAxI
24th July 2009, 01:23 PM
I think to get the top row you have to get a gold in every cell just like the other campaign skin from HD.

DividedXZero
24th July 2009, 01:31 PM
yeah..it looks like a silver skin for the ship.
I love the eliminator skins..but i was hoping for a couple of just color scheme skins that were different. Like the HD ships had...just one or too (not too big on the icaras colors). But that's why i could use the black and red one vs the standard color scheme.

krioto
24th July 2009, 01:58 PM
I hope it's the detonator ship!

darkfaerytales
24th July 2009, 05:00 PM
very sad to say , but the new icaras ship really suck ( aesthetically ) , expecially from the rear view...

SaturnReturn
24th July 2009, 05:53 PM
I concur, it's like it's just a little flying box.

IDReaper
24th July 2009, 05:56 PM
The new Harimau has stolen my heart. High Speed+High Handling=Win!

eLhabib
24th July 2009, 06:09 PM
Strangely enough, as cool as I think pretty much all of the new ships look, most of them look really crappy from the rear, especially, Qirex, Goteki, Mirage and Icaras. Seeing as the main view we're gonna have of our ship is the REAR, they should have concentrated on making that part look especially sexy... :/

Roz
24th July 2009, 06:36 PM
I think they're sexy from all views, including the rear.

IxDELTAxI
24th July 2009, 09:13 PM
I love the new Feisar its my favorite ship, I also like the new pirahna.

KIGO1987
24th July 2009, 09:29 PM
very sad to say , but the new icaras ship really suck ( aesthetically ) , expecially from the rear view...

Looks like some off road buggy from MotorStorm Pacific Rift with the Flood lights and all. Looks original, i mind to like it.

Everything in the Fury pack has been worth the 15 AUD so far.

superpj1
25th July 2009, 06:57 AM
Does anyone here like the new Icaras ? It's supposed to have better handling than the old one but I've noticed that it FLOATS a lot and has less precision :? My lap times are getting worse when they're supposed to get better ... I need to pratice all the tracks again to master this new ship.

What do you guys think of Icaras Fury ?

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 07:15 AM
I love EG-X, it looks like an armored finger. :beer

Feisar looks great but as others have said, from behind it's a total erection killer.

And I'm rather fond of Goteki's curvature as well as Auricom's. Triakis looks cool but that's about it. I could never get the appeal to that ship. (Is there even any GOOD Triakis pilot here on WOZ?)

But as for the others, you guys must not be thinking "furious"ly enough ;)

IH8YOU
25th July 2009, 07:20 AM
ACRooklyn is one of the amazing Triakis pilots.

I haven't battled him in the new Triakis yet - but in the old one, he'd stomp people from Venom straight through Phantom. On a regular basis, no less.

KIGO1987
25th July 2009, 07:47 AM
Triakis looks cool but that's about it. I could never get the appeal to that ship. (Is there even any GOOD Triakis pilot here on WOZ?)

Send me a game invite next time you see me online, k.

SaturnReturn
25th July 2009, 02:18 PM
Handmadelino - Good Triakis Pilots? I've heard this guy's quite good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oebAw8br6bQ

yeldar2097
25th July 2009, 02:23 PM
old egx > all

SaturnReturn
25th July 2009, 02:24 PM
No way. Oldteki-85 pwns OldG-X and all of the new ships online most of the time.

mic-dk
25th July 2009, 09:36 PM
(Is there even any GOOD Triakis pilot here on WOZ?)

3 words: Wotan - Sebenco Reverse

BlochNWhitey
25th July 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm super loving the new Qirex, it just looks evil from the back, and it drives quite well too.

IDReaper
25th July 2009, 10:26 PM
Agreed, I had my doubts about the new Qirex design but after taking it for a spin I'm a believer. The ship just looks so much cooler in motion than at a standstill or in a photo. I'm working on maining it along with Fury Harimau now. New Mirage just doesn't mesh with me for some reason, I have to go back to the old one to get that "feel" out of it.

Vartazian
25th July 2009, 10:32 PM
New Icaras tiny handling boost helps alot. im glad I have it now.

Now I can get some WR times with it!

Amorbis
26th July 2009, 12:20 AM
Furymau (Newrimau?) is really growing on me, the 90 speed 90 handling combo is excellent and the 75 thrust isn't too shabby either. The 70 shield is an issue though, especially since I'm used to the luxury of Piranha's almost indestructible shields.

I'll give new Harimau a few more tests as I'm still liking the new Piranha's 100 speed and 70 thrust but still has the characteristic heavy handling which I'm quite fond of. Although, Harimau's 90 handling is more all purpose and has got me some very competitive times.

BlochNWhitey
26th July 2009, 01:36 AM
Same here IDReaper, I can't quite get why I don't like Mirage as much as I used to..

eLhabib
26th July 2009, 02:07 AM
Well that's because the Fury Mirage looks like it zoomed right out of F-Zero :P

yeldar2097
26th July 2009, 02:24 AM
i've changed my mind. oldimau AKA rotten fish AKA pseudo tiger is da best

BlochNWhitey
26th July 2009, 02:38 AM
Haha, I used to absolutely love F-Zero GX, and still do. Captain Falcon's ship so sho.

I'll have to say though the new Goteki45 looks more like an F-Zero ship.

Rubix42
26th July 2009, 04:25 AM
I'm setting great times (by my standards) using the newrimou. Keep switching between that and Mirage and both are working well for me.

The speed boost to the Mou is nice though.

newtype
26th July 2009, 05:53 AM
I'm setting great times (by my standards) using the newrimou. Keep switching between that and Mirage and both are working well for me.

The speed boost to the Mou is nice though.

The new version is growing on me as well...

...oh, and good racing tonight...I think we raced against each other a few times-

kaori
26th July 2009, 09:29 AM
I've read here a message of Colin Berry who told us each ship had 20 statistics. (link) (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62357#post62357)
Us, players, could see only 4 of them.
So 16 statistics were hidden, some were fixed, constant, others were variable.
My question for Paul is : for the new Fury ships, do these hidden statistics have changed too ?

newtype
26th July 2009, 01:58 PM
I've read here a message of Colin Berry who told us each ship had 20 statistics. (link) (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62357#post62357)
Us, players, could see only 4 of them.
So 16 statistics were hidden, some were fixed, constant, others were variable.
My question for Paul is : for the new Fury ships, do these hidden statistics have changed too ?

Great link...that explains why I was so "drawn" to Triakis in pure even though I didn't necessarily like the ship-

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 02:13 PM
qirex seems a bit more agile and better all round which is cool as not many players use this ship, which is a shame cos it's nice.

Motorsagmannen
26th July 2009, 03:27 PM
at first i was acctually extremely sceptical for the boosting of stats, but i can see some imidiate good qualities to. the ships i never used before are now acctually quite nice, the new triakis and qirex in particular. and giving the piranha some sharper fangs to maul down on the icaras is welcome to. i also like the fact that now there is more individual stats to each team, compared to hd where some ships just were less appealing than the others.

but still the thing i still dont like and never liked from the second i heard about it is the fact that fury ships are superior to the HD ones even online. i hoped for a long long time that the boosting of stats would apply to campaign only but alas, i was wrong :(.
i kinda feel like adding to the stats at least in my case would hae been redundant, because "****ing hell new ships, awesome. Im sooo gonna try them out regardless of their stats."
my two cents

Rapier Racer
26th July 2009, 08:30 PM
The new Qirex is an interesting beast, it feels like the HD Assegai with a bigger shield. I raced against a guy on Moa therma with it weapons off (not my choice, obivously) I don't think he liked it too much he left after I passed his HD Icaras :p

Vartazian
26th July 2009, 10:02 PM
You guys dont like the Mirage because it doesnt have the Antenae anymore.

IDReaper
26th July 2009, 10:45 PM
Well for me it has something to do with the handling, it just feels slippery for some reason or rather rear heavy to be exact. I like the original because it felt like it had its center of gravity dead center and low.

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 11:37 PM
i love the new campaign ship skins. they are so nice.

new pirahna handle better for me.but thats personal taste i guess

feisar is even cooler now.

qirex is better imo:nod