PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate control method

Aeroracer
22nd July 2009, 12:51 AM
What method of control do you use.. Feel free to share your control method if it isnt listed. We will see what is the favoured control method of the top players.Cos i havn't got a clue.:dizzy.:dizzy.:dizzy

Handmadelion
22nd July 2009, 01:32 AM
I use the force like Luke Skywalker. But some have argued this when I've shown it to them, stating it's just the rumble feature making it move on the table.

JFthebestJan
22nd July 2009, 02:05 AM
i use the d-pad and alot of sideshifts >35000 :)

ProblemSolver
22nd July 2009, 02:33 AM
"I use the force like luke skywalker" Funny! I couldn't resist. :P
I use the stick. :nod You should use it as well, if you know what I mean. ;)

Darkdrium777
22nd July 2009, 03:15 AM
D-Pad + Motion pitch. Hasn't failed me, imho closest to a negcon feeling you can get as you are twisting your wrists up and down for pitch. Now just exaggerate a little and turn the controller left or right when you turn, and you're almost there :P
Negcon lovers should at least give it a try xD

NightArh
22nd July 2009, 04:16 AM
I think the best way to control ship is to use voodoo doll :rock
But I dont know who can control this way on WZ... so the best is d-pad and motion controlled pitch :guitar

kanar
22nd July 2009, 04:27 AM
You were right about adding the force Jasmin, cos' the amount of practice needed to reach a decent level on this game is insane. I'm using d-pad only, but I believe motion for pitch is the way to go. I'm just used to pitch wth d-pad now, can't be bothered to learn a new way to pitch, after 10 months of HD.

Roz
22nd July 2009, 01:39 PM
D-pad. It's been like that since 2097, aint gonna change it soon (although it annoys me that small direction tweaks done in the air give me a BR).

djKyoto
22nd July 2009, 01:52 PM
I use the stick cause automatics are for lazy people. :p

BARTgai
22nd July 2009, 05:30 PM
LOL. Just imagine that, stick shift ag-craft :lol It would explain those nasty stalls at the start on the older games. :p

But seriously, I just use analog, hard to do those fine corrections on a d-pad.

YouAreFubar
22nd July 2009, 10:19 PM
I use the analogue sticks. I havent got on with using a D-Pad since the release of the first dual shock on PS1. It would be nice to use the Sixaxis for pitch too, but I havent got round to trying to master it yet.

ProblemSolver
22nd July 2009, 10:38 PM
So only three guys are using the force? Now that explains everything.

SaturnReturn
22nd July 2009, 11:00 PM
D-pad only, except Ubermall Forward TT where I'm for some reason just automagically faster with the stick. :blarg I'm trying to learn the stick better because it causes less tension in my hands and for me seems to allow for more dynamic pitching (probably the reason it's better on ubermall), so may well be better in that sense.

P.S. This question has been asked many many many many times, i.e. lots of different threads (well at least a few :p). What would be cool is if someone who is interested in it (hint hint ;)) would make a list of the responses of pilots and what they use based on the responses they get so that people can refer to that any time the question is asked. Did I mention that would be cool? I would love that person forever (so be careful - not necessarily a good thing [but probably is:rock]).