PDA

View Full Version : Imagine a new WipEout team....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

XpanDrome2097
13th July 2009, 01:38 PM
Is this a....ehm, stupid....thread :lol?
Do you have any idea for a new team for the next WipEout game?
I hope that a WipEout creator can read this and take this ideas :g!

Well, I've created 3 new WipEout teams, and I will finish them in the future months, for now they are only designs on a sheet of paper and pure imagination.
Imagine that Feisar union in the future has shuted out Italy and Greece....
Well, I've created the first All-Italian WipEout Team:

VELENO (In English: Poison, Venom), from Italy;

In the projects, it looks like an Harimau that meets a Goteki45 (my favourite Pulse teams at the moment), and its colours will be grey, green, white and red.
Sorry, but I'll never add the images until I will finish them ;).
For now I can post only its racing skills:

Max speed: 9/10
Accelleration: 9/10
Handling: 7/10
Shield: 6/10

The second team that I've "created" is:

PANTHEON, from Greece;

It looks like a midway between an Assegai and an Icaras, it presents the only blue color, with occasional white parts.
Racing skills:

Max Speed: 10/10
Accelleration: 6/10
Handling: 7/10
Shield: 7/10

The third is:

CANCER, from Hawaii;

Ok, this is a bad name....!
In my projects, it presents an unique style (it looks like a cancer) and the colours gotta be light green and red with some occasional blue parts.
For its great dimensions, it don't presents a great top speed, but its unique technology can permits an excellent handling and a very good shield at the same time.
The racing skills are:

Max Speed: 7/10
Acceleration: 8/10
Handling: 9/10
Shield: 8/10

There's nobody that has created a new WipEout team?
Don't make me feel 'so lonely :lol!!!!

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 01:41 PM
Interesting idea here,

CANCER, from Hawaii, oh dear,

as Mark Chopper would say, Cancer, you've fukin caught something bad, either youve got cancer or crabs, either way say goodbye to puibs, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OkP3l7AMJs

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 01:54 PM
Chopper is a class act man! LOL.

Wouldn't mind seeing a team from India (being an Indian and all)

Maybe the team can be called "Team: Monsoon" this is a helluva cool name for an AG team imho... SL/Sony, take notice!!!

Ship colours: Green / White / Orange (Like the Indian flag)...

This is something I wanna see!!!

archman
13th July 2009, 02:01 PM
I'd like that Veleno ship for sure. The fastest ;)

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 02:03 PM
I think that team would be called TATA i think.

I'd like that Veleno ship for sure. The fastest ;)

A Croatian team would be great, the team would enlist 10year old pilots.

Your 10, you dont have problems..... yet XD!

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 02:06 PM
You sneaky clever git Kigo - that was the first name to pop up in my head too (the many TATA trucks in India) actually, the more I think on it, the more I believe it to suit the Indian AG team - TATA it is then!

(humph) nice one Kigo!

note: Pilots surnames will not be Patel.... Let us not discriminate here lol

Aeroracer
13th July 2009, 02:08 PM
1 make a team with robot pilots call it skynet or something

2 make a team with a retro style 1970's type rocket with a chimpanze or dog as a pilot.just like the russians and americans did in real life.

3 have a arabian team they use flying carpets and fling fireballs at other drivers.call it AB systems (ali barber sytems)

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 02:13 PM
HAHAHAHA - the Arabian Pilots hurling fireballs whilst riding magic carpets - hahahahahahah.... the imagery, turbans and long beards flowing back...

NightArh
13th July 2009, 02:21 PM
Lol! Lift me from the floor! ROFL! :lol

btw they might be like bonus crafts

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 02:24 PM
I can't - I'm kinda on the floor myself Night.... I got a belly cramp now aswell form laughing too hard/too fast!!! ;)

Aeroracer
13th July 2009, 02:30 PM
Other new teams that have never been included in wipeout

Paddy roach and sons (irish travelers team):turd
Special move
They use a anti grav caravan when they pass other ships they steal their weapons

OG systems (original gansters systems):turd

Team based in NY they have a really old crap ship worth a 2 on all categories

special move

When they fly by your ship they can jack it and throw you out

essex police team:turd

There ships have

handling 0
speed 10
shields infinate
thrust 9

Special move
They crash into everything and all other ships take double dammage

Mg rover:turd

special move

finish the race in under 2 minutes or your engine blows up

Pisshead technologies

handling 0
speed 12
thrust 12
shields 2

special move
Assisted pilot disabled
double points for crashing into any grandstand on the track

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 02:33 PM
Everyone - rep her positive for that post - I need to spread some around still dammit!!!

That has to be the funniest thing I've read in Wipeoutzone since I've been here LMFAO ROFL, Love that humour!!! Hehehehehe:hyper;)

NightArh
13th July 2009, 02:34 PM
please move this thread in the humour act ! :lol

heh I must spread some Reputation around :(

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 02:42 PM
You know i was thinking, you know what country still doesnt have a team yet in the Wipeout Universe;
The French:o

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 02:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHA so damn true - and they have some of the best pilots around??? How ironic? :o well spotted Mr President!!!

Aeroracer
13th July 2009, 02:50 PM
ok here it is. i work in paris so i am an authority on the subject

pigalle technologies

Pilots all wear black.white striped jumpers with necklace of onions and a gay mostache, all called pierre.

Special move
They can use airbrake to turn thir ship sideways and block the road and hold up traffic

10 in all categories for ship as they are top pilots

djKyoto
13th July 2009, 03:00 PM
Top Anti-Gravity'ear. - UK.

"Ambitious, but rubbish."

Speed - 10 POWWWEEERRR!
Accel - 10 0-700 in 2.5 seconds
Handling - 5 Yes, we forgot about the brakes.
Sheild - 5 We just use some old Renault Airbags kindly donated by the BBC and volia!

NightArh
13th July 2009, 03:18 PM
...with this label (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQ6Z-HmAqY) on the craft :lol

GalacticSpartan
16th July 2009, 07:00 AM
http://uranus15.deviantart.com/art/Titan-129685396 This is my idea for a ship.

eLhabib
16th July 2009, 09:09 AM
@ link: TITAN URANUS!

:D

ACE-FLO
16th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Hahaha that was a good one.

NightArh
16th July 2009, 11:10 AM
South or North Korea? Define more exactly please ;) Or it will be united in the future?

RJ O'Connell
17th July 2009, 10:39 PM
You know i was thinking, you know what country still doesnt have a team yet in the Wipeout Universe;
The French:o
They get FEISAR every nine years or so. And they've adopted AG Systems as a home team in HD, if the number of French pilots using AG-S online is any indication.

My idea for a team is a small, small, SMALL Indian outfit known as "Siva Engineering". They have about 20 full-time employees and they run on a shoestring budget with just enough sponsorship to get them on the track regularly. But their ship designs are some of the most radical in the league - including an "X-Wing" machine with handling that rivals that of FEISAR's. I haven't put much thought into the stats though. They're kind of like all those F1 teams that popped up in the late 80s and early 90s that lasted for about 2 years but only managed to qualify for one race.

Lance
18th July 2009, 12:00 AM
And all of which had chassis's built by March?

GalacticSpartan
18th July 2009, 05:39 AM
Actualy a United Korea, they would unite after the start of the first tornament (the 1st wipeout.) . They would build the weapons for the entire series since then until Kim Jong XII, the Director and presedent of Titan Corp made a huge anouncement durning the FX400 league.

"In the past, when the racing league didd`nt exist were 2 countries that hated each other brutaly, mainly because of our kinds of governments and beliefs. Thanks to our past leaders, this is one whole country, hoping to show our oppertunties by making the weapons introduced to the F3200 league, peacefull but deadly weapons, intruducing weapons like the Thunder Bomb, the Quake, and our most importantly, the Repulsur. These were unique weapons, but it was`nt enough for us. We wanted to be in the action ourselfs, but with all the stuff we were doing was not quite enough. But, we made a contract and alliances with our nearby allies AG-Systems, and Triakis. Thanks to these 2 great teams, we are proud to say that we will introduce our own kinds of craft in the FX 450 League. We will show that not only we can make unique weapons, but also a champion. EG-X and Harimau might have inteminated us in the past because of our idea of partisiparing, but when they find out in the next League, they will surly find out what they have unleashed.

Titan, A strong word equals strong respect.

(anything else? XD)

Kyonshi
18th July 2009, 06:55 AM
Here's my idea of a new team;

Harfang Technologies
- Country of origin: Canada
- Research and developement facilities: Québec City
- Catchword/Tag: "Ravenous"
- Emblem: Snowy Owl

Specs:
- Top Speed: 7/10
- Thrust: 9/10
- Handling: 8/10
- Shields: 8/10

Closest competitors being Goteki 45, Mirage, Feisar and AG-Systems.

Brief history:
- Former members of the Canadian team associated to Auricom project went back to Canada after seeing their contribution terminated by the American research team, shortly after Auricom revealed the brand new, top-secret AG craft. Once they got back home, they developed a new craft based on swiftness and durability, the last feature being taken in consideration regarding testing the craft during harsh Québec winters. Harfang Technologies leading scientists, engineers and investors believe control and handling could lead to true "speed" on the racetrack. Having this in mind, they sacrificed brute top speed for respectable thrust power and durability. The hull is in fact made of space-craft materials able to withstand enormous G force encountered when taking off and entering Earth atmosphere, thanks to precise molecular alignment in the alloys themselves. This gives a lighter craft as well as being durable.

Harfang Technologies is proud of its new-born predator and confident it will accomplish considerable achievements during the oncoming FX-350 series.

Ship final design is for now being held secret. At least its possible to take a glimpse at Harfang Technologies logo and tag.

XpanDrome2097
18th July 2009, 08:27 AM
Kyonshi, very nice work!
I absolutely like the two logos that you have created (the use of the colors is perfect) :+!

But now I want to know how the ship is ;)....

Kyonshi
18th July 2009, 01:46 PM
Hehe thanks. I also would like to see the ship! But unfortunately, i dont have a 3D design program and even if i had one, i dont think i'd be very good at it :lol I could give it a try drawing it by hand, but again, i'm not the best in technical drawing or industrial design. I might try someday because i can see it perfectly in my head, at least!

Mu5
18th July 2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds interesting :D

If you can draw this ship as orthographic views (top, front, left etc).. like blueprints, I will attempt to build it for you in 3D :) :+

Kyonshi
18th July 2009, 02:37 PM
Sounds interesting :D

If you can draw this ship as orthographic views (top, front, left etc).. like blueprints, I will attempt to build it for you in 3D :) :+

Thanks! I might consider this, sounds interesting as well!

Thats what i had in mind. With those 3 points of view that would be "easier" for me hehe. I dunno how much time it could take me though... :P

KIGO1987
18th July 2009, 02:59 PM
AutoCAD software is the quickest way to do that.

Mu5
18th July 2009, 09:35 PM
@Kynoshi : It doesnt have to be 'exact' views (only if you want an exact model). If you do a rough isometric sketch of it, and/or perhaps a side-view I will be able to produce a basic model.

I created a ship from a drawing before and it turned out pretty cool.
Here is the drawing (http://alien99.deviantart.com/art/triakis-look-craft-42767499) and here is the resulting ship I built (http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art/Cobra-Triakis-v1-1-109191234) :D :+

I know its not 100% - I am going to re-work it at some point :D

willsgb13
19th July 2009, 05:20 PM
some good lulz here from jasmin-jade and djkyoto, hehe

haven't got any lolteams in mind, just some suggestions based on very limited racing knowledge, observations on world manufacturing and economic power and racing traditions, and ideas i've largely gleaned from others here, like a ninja :banzai

- we need an italian team IMO - they are always in the racing mix IRL from what i know. sure, we have FEISAR, but we have an EU now and each member state is still its own nation, despite that political entity; many states in the US have a well developed sense of independant identity too from what i know, and many countries are racked by conflict based on cultures/religions/tribes/groups who want autonomy; anyway, despite the european alliance/union that FEISAR represents and is run by, that didn't stop xios - although they've merged with the shady chinese EG-R now - or burnston's icaras, or ze jurmans of van uber. a breakaway tycoon of the berlusconi or pirelli mould could form a team to rival piranha and icaras for speed and aerodynamic quality, to revive the glory of italian racing and motor refinement in the AG league.
- an indian team should be on the cards too. where they are interested in our modern world, sport is massive business - cricket for example - and with the number of people there and projections for them as a future power, as well as the traditional imagery, labels etc. that could be used to give them an identity, they could fit right in. besides, asia is a rich source of teams in wipeout - we already have the japanese AG-systems, malaysian eco-warriors harimau, as well as piranha and EG-R - now merged with xios - who both started out in china, and now mirage from the UAE; it seems obvious that at some point india should enter a team themselves.
- perhaps a lunar or a martian team, or one of each? wipeout has that firestar martian track and apparently fusion has lunar tracks, so why not human colonies there, and why not technology developed on those colonies by those who've made their homes there, based more on thrusters then airbrakes etc. something new and different, slightly alien to what we already have, to shake things up a little
- a zone ship; piranha did the maxed out thing awesomely in 2097 and the zone ship in pure was fun and useful for time trials but as a racing competitor... i'm not sure, it doesn't have much personality, perhaps as a reward for beating most or all of the games obvious, main challenges, an AG league built supercraft maxed in all departments but shield, or in all but unable to use weapons, normally only used for zone mode, given to the best pilots to tear up the tracks? and would some teams try to pilfer information, specs, equipment etc. for their own teams in acts of thieving subterfuge?

other possible ideas

- france? perhaps, i'm thinking of something elegant and focused like ag-systems on wip3out, or perhaps something as agile and flitting as assegai also of 3. not sure if that would work since those teams have those identities already, but it's an idea. they could shoot bagels at you. or not. i love france by the way, i've been to paris and lourdes. i adore the country ;)
- greece? again, the mythology could really assert it as a team with an identity. it could be called titan, perhaps? based on ideas of hercules, the grand gods of the ancient greek tradition and the brutish, efficient, defensive, behemoth football team that won euro 2004, it would be... a lot like triakis, which i originally thought was greek - name - so perhaps there wouldn't be too much point.
- a korean team beset by infighting from old factions of north and south? topical, interesting plotwise, and the ship skins could be distinctive, but doubtful that it could bring anything substantial to the playing front, i don't know
- a team based in the antarctic or arctic, with development stations in space, based on making the most of limited energy, using freezing weapons and particle technology in reverance to the stillness of cold, cool customers etc. :cold the idea seemed fun in my head but it sounds pretty stupid now i write it down :o

i don't think they need to add too many new teams though, we have a good spread already, we could do with a little more identity for the current teams, as well as assegai assuming insanely responsive handling - top, as much as possible - once again, qirex getting really fast and hard to handle and heavy once again etc. and other factors such as ship weights, aerodynamic designs making a slight difference - not sure if they do already on HD - and perhaps a personalised weapon or something for each team

and no more mergers please, if possible, xios and EG-R is a pretty good one but i wouldn't like to see anymore, all the teams have too much identity, it would suck if they started linking up, IMO

jan709
19th July 2009, 05:44 PM
wipout really needs a bright orange dutch team :o

Kyonshi
19th July 2009, 07:12 PM
@Kynoshi : It doesnt have to be 'exact' views (only if you want an exact model). If you do a rough isometric sketch of it, and/or perhaps a side-view I will be able to produce a basic model.

I created a ship from a drawing before and it turned out pretty cool.
Here is the drawing (http://alien99.deviantart.com/art/triakis-look-craft-42767499) and here is the resulting ship I built (http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art/Cobra-Triakis-v1-1-109191234) :D :+

I know its not 100% - I am going to re-work it at some point :D

MY GOD dude you're an awesome artist! :clap This Cobra Triakis ship KICKS ASS! I wish i could learn to do that... Kigo mentioned AutoCad, true, but i dont have a clue how to work it out :(

Yeah i could do at least a side-view, maybe also top view, you could start on that. Then you show me and we make additional adjustments. Who knows, maybe SL could show some interest :P

We keep in touch about this :)

Mu5
19th July 2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks mate :D

Im looking forward to seeing your ship design :D :+

Haywire_Guy
21st July 2009, 01:37 AM
Hi all this is my first ever post here, i only ever got into to Wipeout after playing the PC version of Wipeout 2097, and loved it ever since =P.

Anyway i would like to introduce 2 new teams into the Arena:
__________________________________________________ __________

Kaishi Systems (Pronounced Kyshir - Rhymes with Kaiser)
- Country of origin: Administrative Republic of China (ARC)
- Research and developement facilities: Hai-Nan
- Emblem: Cyclic Star

KAISHI (Start, In Mandarin)

Craft Specs: Twin turbo engine. Primary colors Red, Gold and Black.

Max speed: 7/10
Accelleration: 7/10
Handling: 8/10

Brief History:

After the fall of the Communist ruling in 2370, in the short space of 4 decades we have risen from the ashes to support our own racing league, free from State ownership and substandard Vehicle parts. The breakaway from our partnership with Finland during this period was regretable, but our strong partnership has allowed our team to access past craft files and blueprints. Our scientists based in Beijing and Hainan have developed this craft with one statement in mind: Weapons Efiiciency. After years of research we have found the answer:

The ZaBen* engine 3. While this engine will cut down on craft performance in all aspects, the extra fuel will be used to overpower any weapon shift picked up. This means that any weapon obtained (offensive or non-offensive) will be 150% the damage of its usual counterpart. This also means that shields, boosts autopilot will last 50% longer as well. Lockon times will also be decreased, and previous manual firing weapons (Plasma, Machine gun) will also exclusively support lockon with our intergrated chip.

This leaves the scope of human error lessened and while we may not be the fastest, strongest, nimblest team around, we can always creep form behind taking teams out one by one.

Our team slogan: "Create to Destroy"

(Craft blueprints and emblem for public release shortly)

*ZA BEN: Book of Demons
__________________________________________________ __________

Gyomang Advancements (Pronounced Gi-yo-m-uh-ng)

- Country of origin: Federation of Korea (FOK)
- Research and developement facilities: Kaesong
- Emblem: Yin-Yang Forza

Craft Specs: Single Hulled Craft. Primary colours: Red, Blue, Black

Max speed: 8/10
Accelleration: 8/10

Brief History:

With the fall of Communism in 2370 The North Korean Puppet regime was destroyed and Korea was once again re-united. The proved to be a highly beneficial economic result for both sides, as the combination of South Korea's intuition and Industrial plants with North Koreas vast pool of untouched resources and cheap workforce drove Korea into a golden age for the past few decades in terms of out financial assets.

Alongside talks with China and Japan upon their views of being in the FX Racing league for a large period finalised our decisions of our entry. Which brings us to today.

Utilising a modified version of AG Systems Ryagaku Engine we have developed a well balanced, jack of all trades type craft. Our scientists in Pyongyang and Kaesong decided not to try anything too extreme being our first entry into the global sport. Being very similar to the Arabians Mirage crafts we would like to point out that although statistically the specifications may seem the same (save shielding), our craft does have the slight edge with Fuel management inspired by the Chinese and as a result out weapons are 110% stronger than normal.

Our Team slogan: "United we are Supreme"

(Craft blueprints and emblem for public release shortly)

GalacticSpartan
24th July 2009, 07:30 PM
some good lulz here from jasmin-jade and djkyoto, hehe

haven't got any lolteams in mind, just some suggestions based on very limited racing knowledge, observations on world manufacturing and economic power and racing traditions, and ideas i've largely gleaned from others here, like a ninja :banzai

- we need an italian team IMO - they are always in the racing mix IRL from what i know. sure, we have FEISAR, but we have an EU now and each member state is still its own nation, despite that political entity; many states in the US have a well developed sense of independant identity too from what i know, and many countries are racked by conflict based on cultures/religions/tribes/groups who want autonomy; anyway, despite the european alliance/union that FEISAR represents and is run by, that didn't stop xios - although they've merged with the shady chinese EG-R now - or burnston's icaras, or ze jurmans of van uber. a breakaway tycoon of the berlusconi or pirelli mould could form a team to rival piranha and icaras for speed and aerodynamic quality, to revive the glory of italian racing and motor refinement in the AG league.
- an indian team should be on the cards too. where they are interested in our modern world, sport is massive business - cricket for example - and with the number of people there and projections for them as a future power, as well as the traditional imagery, labels etc. that could be used to give them an identity, they could fit right in. besides, asia is a rich source of teams in wipeout - we already have the japanese AG-systems, malaysian eco-warriors harimau, as well as piranha and EG-R - now merged with xios - who both started out in china, and now mirage from the UAE; it seems obvious that at some point india should enter a team themselves.
- perhaps a lunar or a martian team, or one of each? wipeout has that firestar martian track and apparently fusion has lunar tracks, so why not human colonies there, and why not technology developed on those colonies by those who've made their homes there, based more on thrusters then airbrakes etc. something new and different, slightly alien to what we already have, to shake things up a little
- a zone ship; piranha did the maxed out thing awesomely in 2097 and the zone ship in pure was fun and useful for time trials but as a racing competitor... i'm not sure, it doesn't have much personality, perhaps as a reward for beating most or all of the games obvious, main challenges, an AG league built supercraft maxed in all departments but shield, or in all but unable to use weapons, normally only used for zone mode, given to the best pilots to tear up the tracks? and would some teams try to pilfer information, specs, equipment etc. for their own teams in acts of thieving subterfuge?

other possible ideas

- france? perhaps, i'm thinking of something elegant and focused like ag-systems on wip3out, or perhaps something as agile and flitting as assegai also of 3. not sure if that would work since those teams have those identities already, but it's an idea. they could shoot bagels at you. or not. i love france by the way, i've been to paris and lourdes. i adore the country ;)
- greece? again, the mythology could really assert it as a team with an identity. it could be called titan, perhaps? based on ideas of hercules, the grand gods of the ancient greek tradition and the brutish, efficient, defensive, behemoth football team that won euro 2004, it would be... a lot like triakis, which i originally thought was greek - name - so perhaps there wouldn't be too much point.
- a korean team beset by infighting from old factions of north and south? topical, interesting plotwise, and the ship skins could be distinctive, but doubtful that it could bring anything substantial to the playing front, i don't know
- a team based in the antarctic or arctic, with development stations in space, based on making the most of limited energy, using freezing weapons and particle technology in reverance to the stillness of cold, cool customers etc. :cold the idea seemed fun in my head but it sounds pretty stupid now i write it down :o

i don't think they need to add too many new teams though, we have a good spread already, we could do with a little more identity for the current teams, as well as assegai assuming insanely responsive handling - top, as much as possible - once again, qirex getting really fast and hard to handle and heavy once again etc. and other factors such as ship weights, aerodynamic designs making a slight difference - not sure if they do already on HD - and perhaps a personalised weapon or something for each team

and no more mergers please, if possible, xios and EG-R is a pretty good one but i wouldn't like to see anymore, all the teams have too much identity, it would suck if they started linking up, IMO

I already did made a Korean team >>.

willsgb13
24th July 2009, 08:46 PM
well galacticspartan, a good idea is a good idea. and i did say i largely gleaned ideas from others here, and i did it like a ninja, see, if you read my post again, you'll see i even said so. but you missed that part, because i'm crafty, like a ninja.

ACE-FLO
24th July 2009, 11:46 PM
@ Haywire_Guy,

Team Kaishi Systems needs to happen! awesome!

RobCoxy
25th July 2009, 12:31 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it would be good to create your own team. Name it, pick the type/ shape of the ship, logo and customise the colours etc. And distribute it's stats to what you think suits you best as a pilot :).

There's an idea for you SL. ;)

willsgb13
25th July 2009, 04:03 PM
yeah actually having read haywire guy's post i concur, both teams sound very good, perhaps the korean team needs a little less similarity to mirage but his story telling and balance of specs and novel ideas are excellent, nice one sir :clap we do actually need a chinese team, since piranha and eg-r have moved largely away from chinese beginnings, and that kaishi team sounds excellent, the 150 % pickup boost system is a novel and yet balanceable and viable injection to the wipeout formula :nod make it happen!

Haywire_Guy
26th July 2009, 05:34 AM
(This post is in relation to my earlier post upon the 2 "new" WRL teams)

Sorry about the quality of the images, i had the draw them cuz i dont know how to use photoshop xD.

First of all if anyone could turn these drawings into 3D it would be greatly appreciated, but i realise that there are people like me who cant do crap with mspaint so its not rly neccesary/urgent.

*NOTE the Chinese/Korean words that are written below the logos are RANDOM GIBBERISH. I tried looking up google translate but they still probably dont make any sense, and since i dont know a scrap of either languages i let it stand.

Anyway hope you enjoy, i have to find some something constructive to do now =/.

Kyonshi
26th July 2009, 08:31 AM
I can at least conceive your teams logos if you'd like :) Those would look pretty cool once they're set up!

willsgb13
26th July 2009, 11:16 AM
very good stuff haywire_guy, was going to say your chinese one looked a little bulky, but then it is built for overpowered weapon and boost and shield play so it actually looks the part for that :nod good logos and slogans and ship designs - very impressive stuff, i think the devs should seriously consider your ideas personally

and we do need a chinese team, and they should be the one to really mix things up again and push boundaries further out, they did it first with the piranha supership in 2097, no weapons apart from some gatling gun i think for maxed out stats and sleek aerodynamic design, and then i don't know because i haven't played that far in fusion yet but i believe eg-r were the outstanding team in that one too, and of course piranha are now owned by brazil and eg-r merged with finnish xios to make eg-x, which the pulse website and wipeout-game say the finnish plant is where production and development takes place for that new team;

and the korean idea is good too, and topical. :clap very good ideas that should be considered i feel :!

XpanDrome2097
26th July 2009, 01:24 PM
Very Good Idea and cool design Haywire_Guy I like it :nod!
I've tried to make the Veleno's Team logo, what do you think about it :)?

And the ship design (and logo) was inspired by a Scorpion.
Racing parameters:

Max Speed: 9
Accelleration: 9
Handling: 7
Shield: 6

Haywire_Guy
26th July 2009, 02:12 PM
To Kyonshi: Sure digitising the Logo for any of them would be awesome =D. Also if u have a deviant or something feel free to post it up there without my permission, i dont give the pancakes to intellectual property, etc (but a quick mention would be good xD). This goes for my ship designs as well.

To Venom: First off your logos amazing as a team slogan, but i think the stand-alone should be a little simpler, maybe arching the tail over its back in striking position? The integration of the individual letters of "Veleno" is a cool feature too, and the image would look great overall as one of those billboard/catchphrase things you find on various tracks throughout the Wipeout Series.

XpanDrome2097
26th July 2009, 10:13 PM
Haywire_Guy, I know that logo and slogans must be separated, but this image contains all because it's only an example :).
Thanks in every way, I appreciate your advice :nod.

Other slogans can be: "Have a fast race", in contrappositions with the Auricom's slogan "Have a nice day" :p.

Haywire_Guy
27th July 2009, 05:02 AM
(This post is in relation to my earlier post upon the 2 "new" WRL teams)

Digitised logos and catchphrases, Kaishi Systems + Gyomang Advancements.

- All images digitised, courtesy of Kyonshi: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=5034

XpanDrome2097
29th July 2009, 12:36 PM
Haywire_Guy, good work, the logos are fantastic, very nice, you're very creative :)!
My new Idea: Isis Advancements, from Egypt.
This is the ship line and its racing skills.

The colors of the team are golden yellow and white.
I don't have created any slogan for this team, this is a very recent idea (2 hours ago :)).

Kyonshi
29th July 2009, 10:33 PM
Hey Venom, what do you think about this idea i had for your ISIS Advancements team logo? In the center its a stylized ankh of power, one of the most known and the main symbol of the goddess. On each side of it, 2 stylized wings symbolizing the wings of Isis. All along with the main colors you mentioned on a darker golden background to see the white elements. All there's needed is that you find a catchword/phrase for your team!

Feel free to express whatever opinion you may have :)

XpanDrome2097
30th July 2009, 12:31 PM
Amazing mate, simply amazing :clap!
Your logo is powerful, it represents the perfection, very innovative to be a WipEout logo....
Perfect logo (i love Ankh's simbol), perfect work :beer:rock!!!!

Between Auricom pilots there's a perfect intention (at this time Auricom is my second choice in Pulse) :).

Mu5
30th July 2009, 01:18 PM
@Kynoshi : Nice Logo mate - love the font :D :+

You done any ship designs yet?

Kyonshi
30th July 2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys! I just love to do that kinda thing :D If you have some more ideas to illustrate, keep going on!

@Mu5

No unfortunately, with my real-life job taking me lot of time, i didnt had a moment yet... But im thinking about it almost everyday not to lose my main idea :) I'm gonna let you know when i got something!

XpanDrome2097
30th July 2009, 09:56 PM
Mu5, the ship design is in this image that is showed in the previous page of this thread: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6454&page=5
For now is just a prototype, but the line probably will be this in the final project....in this period I've got a bit of free time to workin'about :).
It is a midway between AG-Systems and Assegai, and it was inspired by a scarab and the egyptian art.

Kyonshi, i will say it again....the logo that you've created represents a perfect work, an authentic piece of art....everytime I see your creation I feel the same sensation about it :rock.

Haywire_Guy
31st July 2009, 12:29 AM
@Venom: WOW the ship design looks really snazzy, coupled with Kyonshi's spectacular logo, i think the devs should really consider making Egypt a standalone team from Assegai. (perhaps a cool story can be derived from that =P?) Also the logos i posted in my previous post were created solely by kyonshi, you might've missed that ><. He really does have a knack for creating digital pieces.

XpanDrome2097
31st July 2009, 12:04 PM
Haywire_Guy, thanks.
The logo is a masterpiece indeed.

The slogan?
- "We're divine!";
- "Between past and future"

Ok, they sucks :paperbag....

Kyonshi
31st July 2009, 12:24 PM
Venom, Isis is the deity of the Home and Protection in Egypt. She also brought back to life Osiris. Maybe you should find a catch phrase inspired from those concepts. Even your ship should have particularities like regeneration or something special about shield power or something.

Me i thought about "The High (eye) in the Sky" but maybe its a bit too much like Icaras's "Flying High"?

Haywire_Guy
31st July 2009, 12:37 PM
Hm...

"Our lifeblood is speed"

"The greatest attack is the perfect defence*"

"Godspeed from the heavens"

"No Crisis like ISIS"

*lol yes we spell defence with a "c" back here in aus =]

Mu5
1st August 2009, 02:18 AM
Heres the first pic of the Isis 'Scarab' :D :+

http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art/Isis-Scarab-WIP-v0-09-131662040

Hope you like it :)

KIGO1987
1st August 2009, 03:06 AM
Thats a F-Zero ship Mus. Wipeout ships are a bit bigger than that.

Mu5
1st August 2009, 03:10 AM
[Kigo Filter De-Activated]

Its not my design, its Venom's ;)

Why dont you go and troll somewhere else? :D :+

[Kigo Filter Re-Activated]

Haywire_Guy
1st August 2009, 07:33 AM
lol mu5 you can always do some little tweaks to a design when your going to digitise it, like what Kyonshi did to my logos and it looked couple hundred times better after.

Regardless it looks fantastic, and to be able to get a 3d model out of the single blueprint is amazing. The isometric view looks rly professional, i honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it in the next wipeout game later in the future =D. (though the craft would probably look a bit more elongated)

Haywire_Guy
1st August 2009, 08:58 AM
Was looking through the past posts and i realised there was never an Indian team created thoughout any of the wipeout games, so im advancing this:

Helicon Developments
- Country of origin: Republic of India
- Research and developement facilities: Goa
- Emblem: Illuminated Sun

Craft Specs: Twin turbo engine with exposed core. Primary colors Orange, Red, Green

Max speed: 9/10
Accelleration: 10/10
Handling: 6/10

Brief History:

With the final amendment to abolish the Caste system standards of living simultaneously exploded thorughout the country. Without the issue of population welfare to worry about our government started to inject massive amounts of money into various economic fields, and we were able to support our own racing league within months. Development started almost immediately with our wealth of highly skilled scientists based in Mumbai and Goa. The rest as they say, is history.

Our first year into the Racing league we would like to launch off with a bang. Sporting a completely exposed engine allows the craft to reach incredibly high speeds while keeping the craft temperature relatively cool. This applies also to acceleration, able to reach these speeds lightning fast without the danger of overheating engines or heat-sinks. But with the lesser amount of space to install compressed air thrusters handling is minimalistic, and shields weaker than average due to lesser armor. But before they can even target us with a weapon, we'd already be a speck in the horizon with the only team carrying perfect acceleration.

Our team slogan: "No Friends on the Track"

(Also included discarded draft logo, Shion Tech)

willsgb13
1st August 2009, 10:44 AM
this could make up a downloadable content pack, a new roster of 4 teams with ambitious, tenuous and progressive designs from world powers looking to enter into the lucrative and once again thriving sport, with tracks from these countries too, entered as football tournaments compel governments and football associations to build stadiums to high standards and revamp cities and infrastructures?

- kaishi systems of china
- gyomang advancements of united korea
- helicon developments of india
- isis advancements of egypt - good idea

possibly a greek team? titan? hades? zeus? too obvious? and am i confusing them with roman mythology? i know they have the same gods. still, excellent work. i think i'll bow out of the thread unless i have some ideas to supplement the work you lot are doing

ACE-FLO
1st August 2009, 12:28 PM
@ haywire_guy, well done mate! I'll be working on an Indian Team aswell, being an Indian myself, I feel like I should do something to put my country on the map of mayhem.

Keep up the good work peeps!

EDIT: @ Haywire_Guy, your idea is awesome - I have some cool ideas too. We can either work together on this idea or separately, but I believe 2 heads are always better than one, so let's partner up and create a team for India!

ACE-FLO
1st August 2009, 04:02 PM
Either Way, I'll post my idea here anyway. Before I do though - I just wanted to say that this is one my favourite threads - it's great seeing like-minded individuals using their imaginations to create new teams with a history and diving into the realm of fan fiction in doing so... Let me join you fantastic people!

My Team name is: Tez Dharkan Technologies which translates to Potent Fear Teachnologies... enjoy

Synopsis:

FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League New Team Entry

Team: Tez Dharkan Technologies “Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained”

Country of Origin - New India (Formerly India and Nepal)

Research and Development Facilties – A.L.T.E.R.N Head Quarters, Mount Everest, New India (formerly Nepal).

Emblem: TBA

Formed when India and Nepal united to become the worlds latest superpower, the combined Govt of New India saw fit to invest Trillions of Rupees into the FX-500 league by developing a brand new team. Combined with the might of A.L.T.E.R.N (AirLickerTM Technologies Research Enterprise Network) the impossible has been realized. By combining maxed out top SPEED and THRUST ratios, we have essentially given ourselves the winning ticket into the season. No other team can boast the stats we have achieved to date. The Shield Management Systems used in previous tests and in concept stages was the Ion-Shield RepellantXL-90+ range developed by Graviton Base Advancements (New Jersey), but after being disallowed the use of this technology by the FX-500 Racing Board for being over budget, we have found ourselves back at the drawing board.

The AirLicker Group funded a new technology which draws power away from the shield and re-invests that power into the weapons engine onboard, giving weapons a 35% boost in impact measured. This does leave our ship open to all threats when we engage a weapon, as our shields are ineffective at point of weapons engagement but it is a risk we are willing to take. Nothing ventured, nothing gained is our motto… We like to take risks here. Details of our revolutionary shield technology remain the intellectual property of A.L.T.E.R.N and cannot be revealed.

The Handling of our AG-craft is our biggest pride of place. Appearing to be an average stat when compared to some of the other ships, do not be fooled. The AirLicker Group are notoriously known to create the lightest composites for use on AG-Craft as seen in the FX-400 Pulse circuits with the modifications to AG-Systems and the EG-X Technologies AG crafts respectively, and as we have joined forces with A.L.T.E.R.N, this technology is exclusively ours. Our proudest achievement lies here, employing reverse polarity lateral stabilizers, and the revolutionized "AirLicker Super-LightsTM" composites used in making the ships hull lighter than its nearest competition by 31.17%, ensures that our pilots can essentially pilot this craft with relative ease. This stat is the most misleading stat in our portfolio – we warn all teams in advance – we’ve broken our boundaries, now we’re coming to break yours!!!

Speed 10
Thrust 10
Handling 7
Shield 5

Pilot Information

Lead Pilot:
Preeti Roopa
Pilot Tag: the Troopa
Sex: Female
Experience: Test Pilot and Engineer for AirLicker Group UK, author of “The Art of Guerrilla Warfare” and “Bio-Mechanics, and Me”

Secondary Pilot: Arjan Tankaria
Pilot Tag: the Tank
Sex: Male
Experience: Born with an abnormally large brain, Arjan can switch his nerve sensors off at will, enabling supreme concentration and heightened response leading to endorphin release, giving him total control over his craft and total enjoyment in doing so. When asked why he entered the FX-500 he replied "There's only one thing which takes my attention away from the awesomely sexy Preeti Roopa, and that is piloting my Tez Dharkan"

Concept images will be posted here at a later date...

End
___

Kyonshi
1st August 2009, 06:55 PM
(Excerpt from recent article from the Tribune de la République Québécoise, August 1st 2202. English version will follow)

La division Recherche et Développement d'Harfang Technologies est fière de d'annoncer sa participation Ã* la série FX-500 pour la prochaine année Ã* venir. La divulgation du vaisseau complet est pour l'instant reportée Ã* une date indéterminée, due Ã* des séances intensives de recherche en profondeur visant Ã* perfectionner la capacité aérodynamique et la durabilité du Rapace 1. La fiche technique du modèle 0.5 est cependant révélée, ainsi qu'une vue aérienne de ce dernier. Prenez note que ces documents sont classifiés "Données de développement temporaires" et que les détails du project Rapace 1 sont pour l'instant en cours de réalisation.

Harfang Technologies R&D division is proud of announcing its participation in the FX-500 serie for the year to come. Disclosure of complete craft design is for now postponed to an indefinite date, due to deep and intensive research sessions to improve aerodynamic capacities and durability of the Rapace 1 [Editor's note: Rapace 1 is said to be called "Ravenous 1" in english by HT officials]. Technical specs of model 0.5 are however revealed, as well as aerial view of the said model. Please take note that these documents are classified "Temporary Developement Data" and that details of project Rapace 1 are for now under way of completion.

Motorsagmannen
1st August 2009, 07:18 PM
it looks awesome, sleek and elegant yet vicious.

btw is it possible to get a side view of that :)

Kyonshi
1st August 2009, 07:25 PM
I had time to conceive the top view only xD It took me 3 hours in Illustrator :lol

I will get on the side view as soon as i can, but for now, i need a break, my brain was melting :D

Mu5
1st August 2009, 07:29 PM
I like the design - well cool mate :D :+

Ive noticed in the last couple of designs the cockpits have been situated at the front of the ship. Its making them look more like aircraft than Wipeout ships - Just a thought.

Kyonshi
1st August 2009, 07:52 PM
It was intentional :D Since Harfang is the name of a bird of prey, i wanted to give it this aspect. Also, most WipEout ships are arrow-head shaped or dual hull. I wanted to differ from this and try to design a ship with frontal cockpit. When you'll see the side-view of it, it'll be more related to general ship design from original WipEout crafts :)

Mu5
2nd August 2009, 12:55 AM
Sweet :D

I love the name 'hayabusa' - I beleive its a japanese bird of prey :)

Anyway - Look forward to the next sketches :D

Mu5
2nd August 2009, 01:10 AM
here is a helicon mockup - http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=18&pictureid=968

Haywire_Guy
2nd August 2009, 01:49 AM
@ Mu5: Holy Macaroni that was fast O.O i only posted up the sketch like... yesterday,,, and it was a messily drawn sketch at that.

Awesome work, the playdough effect is probably a startoff thing but im guessing it itll look like metal in no time. (btw looked at the other stuff you made in ur album and they all look like gold bona-fide SCREENSHOTS. Whatever you use to make those things you must be awfully good at using it xD)

@Ace-Flo: Great idea for the Indian team alternative, and ive responded to your private msg with some improvements i think would be worthwhile. Hope the devs pay attention to this thread sometime.

Dr. Angryman
2nd August 2009, 02:19 AM
Team Name: IPAG D

Team Location: IPU SpaceCenter1

Motto: "Hello World."

Team Colors: Silver and Bronze

Emblem: A silver square with a bronze hand inside. On billboards the hand waves then writes "HELLO" in squarish font.

Stats:

Speed - 4/5
Thrust - 5/5
Handling - 4/5
Shields - 2/5

The SpaceCenter1 is the capitol of the IPU (Inter-Planetary Union), a network of MegaStations scattered around the Solar System. The IPU was created in 2099 by Albert Hammond, a British entrepeneur who believed that the only way for humanity to have any influence in the universe was to create permanent metropolitan areas in the vacuum of space. Having officially declared independance from Earth in 2156, the IPU have kept good distance from the blue planet as to avoid any extraterrestrial conflict (the only major battle they have had with Earth Forces was over the occupation of Phobos, a Martian moon). Having seen broadcasts of Anti-Gravity Racing from the IPU Planetcast, an entertainment network focusing around terrestrial topics, the citizens of the IPU have demanded participation in the sport. For over a century the IPUG (the 'G' is for government) have denied these demands due to their iffy relationship with Earth. Many have lost hope that the Union would ever be able to leave a mark in the world of speed that is Anti-Gravity racing.

But now everything has changed.

Due to the lack of support that the IPU needs, Earth has agreed to let SpaceCenter1 move permanently from its home (anywhere between Jupiter and Neptune) to Earth orbit. In exchange, the IPU needs to compete in the AG Racing League and host a race each season on a circuit housed within SpaceCenter1. With this, the IPU can finally establish an ongoing relationship with Earth through economic partnerships and allied endeavours. The IPU's IPAG D (Inter-Planetary Anti-Gravity Development) has been training its pilots thoroughly, both in flying the silver and bronze IPAG D craft and in handling the intense gravity experienced while sitting during press conferences. With speed and agility taking priority, the citizens of IPU can be, for the first time, proud of their AG Racing Craft, the Terres.

The craft, with an experimental Mono-Beam design that is sure to turn heads, was put through many trials at the official SpaceCenter1 circuit. IPAG D, taking their precious time, tweaked every performance aspect of the craft to near perfection over a course of several months. Shields, however, have been notably lacking. IPAG D has no worries though, making sure that even weapon fire can't touch the quick-reflex handling of the Terres. Surely fellow AG craft will have trouble dealing with IPAG D's AG machine. This is going to be a great year for racing. Earth, meet IPAG D.

Mu5
2nd August 2009, 08:31 AM
@Haywire - 'Holy Macaroni' <-- LOL :D

Cheers mate :)

ACE-FLO
2nd August 2009, 02:07 PM
@Ace-Flo: Great idea for the Indian team alternative, and ive responded to your private msg with some improvements i think would be worthwhile. Hope the devs pay attention to this thread sometime.

Just read your PM Haywire, and taken onboard - the new stats to the Team Tez Dharkan are as follows:

Speed 10
Thrust 9
Handling 7
Shield 6

btw, just seen the scarab design ship which MU5 designed for Haywire_Guy, looks coooool!!! Nice work there!

Also - I thought I'd add here that concept models for Team Tez Dharkan will be available for viewing some time soon - member affiliates of A.L.T.E.R.N have been working on something...

Would like to express my thanks to Mdhay for helping me with this!

Haywire_Guy
2nd August 2009, 09:47 PM
@ Ace-Flo: lol the Egyptian Scarab design was created by Venom and digitized by Mu5, credits go to each respectively and i took no part in any of it.

Mu5 graciously digitized the helicon craft, if your referring to that.

XpanDrome2097
2nd August 2009, 10:15 PM
Venom, Isis is the deity of the Home and Protection in Egypt. She also brought back to life Osiris. Maybe you should find a catch phrase inspired from those concepts. Even your ship should have particularities like regeneration or something special about shield power or something.

Me i thought about "The High (eye) in the Sky" but maybe its a bit too much like Icaras's "Flying High"?

No, it's perfect :+!

"The greatest attack is the perfect defence*"

This is another good slogan, mate :).

Heres the first pic of the Isis 'Scarab' :D :+

http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art/Isis-Scarab-WIP-v0-09-131662040

Hope you like it :)

Mu5, am so impressed :g!
This is f****n' perfect mate, this 3-D design is perfect, very perfect, fabolous, you're awesome mate :rock:beer:guitar:clap!
The other design is very stilish, but probabbly I prefer this only because is the my original design, not for other reasons :beer.
Thanks for all the contributes mates, very thanks, this means that am not the only WipEout maniac on this planet :beer!

ACE-FLO
2nd August 2009, 11:13 PM
keep up the good work guys!

Mu5
2nd August 2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah I was thinking about it today and you were right. I would like to do the designs for your ship, but after reading that post I dont think I will bother ;)

ACE-FLO
2nd August 2009, 11:29 PM
Special thanks to Mdhay and Designer_79, Tez Dharkan is coming on nicely.

Mu5
2nd August 2009, 11:37 PM
Mu5, am so impressed :g!
This is f****n' perfect mate, this 3-D design is perfect, very perfect, fabolous, you're awesome mate :rock:beer:guitar:clap!

Thanks mate I appreciate it! :beer :+

I thought his reasoning was childishly flawed for a 37yr old lol

I was really just using that as an excuse to tell you the truth. As I said to you in PM, I do the work on these ships when I want, in my own time.

What I really was not happy with was this - how you signed off after asking me for help

Yours faithfully, hopefully, demandingly lol (a lil cheek)

Ace
Chairman, AirLicker Group

As I said, I build what I want, when I want, how I want. That is fun. To do it for someone else, is too much like work ;)

ACE-FLO
3rd August 2009, 02:58 AM
A concept Sketchup of the Tez Dharkan will be made available for viewing within 24 hours! I thank Mdhay for his expertise and help in creating it. Well done!

Haywire_Guy
3rd August 2009, 05:54 AM
Let us all put aside our differences and talk about something sweet, like how much we all love Wipeout =D?

..i mean, that's why we registered in the first place right?

@Ace Flo: btw what craft are we using? I dont mind using the Tez Dharkan Team name (sounds rly cool actually =) but if possible could the craft name stay as the Helicon engine? As for my logos honestly theyre both pretty bad so we can make one up as we go. We'll stick with ur "Venture..." catchphrase thing too, sounds a lot better than "...No friends on the Track" xD.

Darkdrium777
3rd August 2009, 06:13 AM
I like this thread, keep going with the designs guys. They look very professional. :)

ACE-FLO
3rd August 2009, 12:00 PM
@Ace Flo: btw what craft are we using? I dont mind using the Tez Dharkan Team name (sounds rly cool actually =) but if possible could the craft name stay as the Helicon engine? As for my logos honestly theyre both pretty bad so we can make one up as we go. We'll stick with ur "Venture..." catchphrase thing too, sounds a lot better than "...No friends on the Track" xD.

We can use your craft as a lot of effort has gone into it, and tbh - I love the design of the Helicon too. So the team name "Tex Dharkan Technologies" stays and the ship/craft is the Helicon. This is good because if Tez Dharkan create new ships - they can be given different names, awesome concept eh?

As for the Slogan, thank you mate - the "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained" slogan sits well with a team like Tez Dharkan, it's a bloody menacing team.

Well, the logos can be made at a later dfate, some time soon though I guess, but yes - we can work on this to make it an instant recognition icon for Tez Dharkan.

With regard to the background/history of the team, I was thinking that the synopsis I wrote out was very good (blowing own trumpet lol) and if yopu agree, we can keep it for the storyboard?

Let me know what you think, thanks for partnering up with me on this.

Speak soon...

Anyways peeps - as promised, here's the sketchup of the Tez Dharkans mk1 as created by Mdhay: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=974

The above image is a concept and has since been approved by the FX500 racing board - however, Tez Dharkan has decided to use the Helicon Engine as this craft is showing all the traits of a sure fire winner!

Haywire_Guy
3rd August 2009, 12:43 PM
Lol perfect, im glad we could find agreements so easily on the future team, especially such core issues as mentioned before =D.

But um... i dont like to lie to people... so im really really sorry if this offends you or the digital artist =(.

To the digitizer MDhay; you possess huge amount of digital prowess, which is apparent in the very stylised prototype for the craft you have drawn. But to whoever made the design... i think the craft looks stubby, unwieldly and rather generic, and to borrow a quote from Kigo "...Thats an F-Zero ship. Wipeout Ships are bigger than that..."

Again im really sorry if that was you Ace-Flo or MDhay, but put simply i dont like the craft one bit =(((.

ACE-FLO
3rd August 2009, 01:21 PM
Prototypes always need ammending - either way, I like it so I guess it's ok for me anyway lol...

Yes, Haywire_Guy - I think we have come to a good compromise here and SL should take notice of these teams we have all created in this thread so far...

Hopefully, the background stories will interest them enough to maybe reward us wipers with a rather cool back story or a story mode in the future?!?

One can hope!

XpanDrome2097
3rd August 2009, 01:46 PM
Hello mates, I've created the first Veleno prototype.
Veleno Technologies, from Italy :).

This is my "older" creation (one month ago :p).

mdhay
3rd August 2009, 02:11 PM
Lol perfect, im glad we could find agreements so To the digitizer MDhay; you possess huge amount of digital prowess, which is apparent in the very stylised prototype for the craft you have drawn. But to whoever made the design... i think the craft looks stubby, unwieldly and rather generic, and to borrow a quote from Kigo "...Thats an F-Zero ship. Wipeout Ships are bigger than that..."

Again im really sorry if that was you Ace-Flo or MDhay, but put simply i dont like the craft one bit =(((.

Wow, complimenting and critisizing the maker - never had that before.;)

No worries about not liking it - it isn't finished and I had tried a new shape for the first time when making an AG craft. It is true, though:

It is nowhere near as good as my previous work;) (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=8)

ACE-FLO
3rd August 2009, 02:44 PM
Yes, very true - His work is conceptual and revolutionary - but I think this will pass over most peeps heads as they don't understand the process in which a ship is designed a certain way... Not for aesthetics - NO - but to Win, and Mdhay has designed some cool FTW types so far.

Haywire_Guy
4th August 2009, 02:19 AM
wow that is quite good, looks like an anime take on a future Qirex craft or something. I can almost see the little machine gun rotating along its spindle, taking out another nearby animated Feisar... As you said the craft was the prototype, but i still think the whole foundational shape should be replaced, hopefully im wrong and itll look stunning by the time i finish complaining ><.

@venom: The Veleno logo looks much more smoother and stylised now, a remarkable improvement to the logo you submitted before. Im not rly qualified to say this, not knowing pancakes to do with digital artworks, but i think ur Egyptian Isis advancements concept was slightly better, i was pretty taken back with your impressive craft design and subsequent logo /craft creations by Kyonshi and Mu5.

mdhay
4th August 2009, 05:28 PM
Just thought I'd share this with you guys:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=979

I haven't radically changed the Chassis, just shortened the back, added some back wing stubs, the boost tailpipes, and off course, the the weapons:)

ACE-FLO
4th August 2009, 07:40 PM
BlooOOOOOooooOOOooooOOOmin heck - is that the tez dharkan? WOW - you sure know how to make a dangerous specimen my friend!!!

Ten out of ten for this effort, truly, a very dangerous ship it is!!!

I love every pixel of it!

mdhay
4th August 2009, 08:41 PM
Now there's a fury version, lol

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=980

ACE-FLO
5th August 2009, 09:48 AM
It's starting to look real violent now. The promise of Potent Fear is now closer to being realized.

Love the way the image is transparent, seeing the innards is a cool. I can see all the weps! Cool work, very very cool!

WolfKill01
10th August 2009, 12:16 AM
Awesome thread. I'll try my hand at this. I've never done anything like this so be nice.

"We have been here since the concept of anti-gravity transportation.
We have been patiently waiting and watching as each chapter of the AG racing leauge unfolds. Collecting, observing, and applying all the data and information we have witnessed to our new prototype craft. We have waited long enough. Prepare yourself, we are coming." ~ Joshuah Hoffman(great-great grandson of legendary Chuck Hoffman and president of Wolfbane R.D.)

Wolfbane Research and Developments

Wolfbane R.D. has always been a part of AG racing. Mostly unoticed by media and opponets, Wolfbane enjoys a great deal of secercy. Wolfbane originally began as a small research team(1 pilot, 2 scientist, 2 technicians, and 1 engineeer) that worked directly under Chuck Hoffman in 2030. After Belmondo's team demonstrated the first AG vehicle in 2035, U.S.A was quick to follow. Wolfbane was directly responsible for the FM-250, the first AG craft developed by the U.S.A.. Once the media had had their fill and the excitment of the discovery of anti-gravity technology died down, Wolfbane was able to focus on their next project, the f-3600. Working closely with Auricom, Wolfbane was able to build the craft used in the f-3600 after days, nights, and months of hard work. Then conflict started to form. Wolfbane was shunned by Auricom who stole their racing desings and research and booted them out the door without so much as a thank you. Furious about this outrage, Wolfbane president, Ron Mcfarlene, took a cool headed approach to the situation. He gathered what he could of their research and began forming a small team of scientist and mechanics. Only a few months after the incident, Ron was able to form a small team of 25 scientist, 16 engineers, 15 technicians, and 5 pilots. Wolfbane was reborn. Seeking funding and facilities to continue their work, Wolfbane found refuge under the wing of Pierre Belmondo with the A.G. Systems team. Shooken up by the incident with Auricom, the team was not quick to trust Belmondo. But after a few months, McFarlene decided to open up to Belmondo and the two began working together. With the help of Wolfbane, AG-Systems was able to take the f-3600 by storm. Winning countless races, Wolfbane could not have prouder. Noticing the great talent this small team had. Belmondo suggested that they try their own hand at AG racing. Taking him up on his offer, Mcfarlene took his research and team, and departed from AG-systems. They later found funding from chinese air brake developer, Piranha.

The year is 2097. The f-3600 has upgraded to the f-5000. Ron Mcfarlene has passed away leaving son of Chuck Hoffman, Andrew Hoffman, in charge of Wolfbane. After years and years of developing and research. Wolfbane and Piranha have worked together to form the prototype craft that blew fans away. Dropping weapon technology for amazing speed and handling, Wolfbane has acheived yet another bookmarked acheivment in AG racing history. Letting Piranha take most of the glory for the craft to avoid being targeted by larger teams. After the huge sucess of the prototype, Wolfbane left Piranha to continue research on their own.

After their disbandment from Piranha, most of Wolfbane's history falls off the radar. It is believed that they had something involved with the Icaras team in the f-7200 but it is beleived to be just rumors and Icaras refuses to release any information about their activities with outside teams. Another rumor is that Wolfbane was directly responsible for the fall of the f-9000. This is highly unlikely since the team said the reason they pulled out of AG racing early was due to the fear of corruption in the leauge. There fears were not in vain.

Now with the rise of the fx-350, Wolfbane has decided to rise out the veil of mystery and show the AG community what they're made of. Based somewhere near the Nevada Desert, Wolfbane has secretly been developing an extremely advanced prototype craft and testing it in the cruel conditions of the desert. No one has seen the sleek craft and pilot rosters are currently unavailable. No one is even sure of their logo or slogan. Though no one has seen this secretive team race in over 108 years, they have already attracted more then their fair share of media attention. They even already have a decently large fan base. Only time will tell wether or not the years of waiting will pay off. Even though they haven't raced in over a century, it's foolish to think they aren't ready. Prepare yourself, we are coming....

I'm still deciding on the colors of the team and their logo. I'm tweaking the ship right now but I'll post sketches later. I hope that wasn't too lengthy. :beer

ACE-FLO
10th August 2009, 01:12 AM
lol, so what if your post was a lil long!?! It was very entertaining and enjoyable reading mate. Can't wait to see the designs now.

djKyoto
10th August 2009, 02:05 AM
Might as well join the bandwagon. Pretty quick sketech tho (not sure if I like it or not).

Boostakira Industries. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/da/wipeout.jpg)

Haywire_Guy
10th August 2009, 06:25 AM
@djKyoto: First off awesome ship design, but realistically Hong Kong getting its own racing league is sort of like Tasmania diverging away from Australia (let alone Triakis), or Florida creating its standalone from Auricom.

Although personally i would like a HK team to come out, having a parent originate from the country /special administrative region.

-EDIT-

Well i guess HK could become independant again in the distant future... but i dont think China's too keen on letting it get invaded a second time xD.

rdmx
10th August 2009, 09:04 AM
Hong Kong? Friendly to the environment? ahahahahaha, have you seen the smog there? It's rather hard to breathe there.
As far as singular small nations getting teams, I think singapore would be more likely than hong kong.

ACE-FLO
10th August 2009, 10:01 AM
@Haywire...

No, I disagree. Hong Kong is the perfect environment for an AG Team to be born from. In the same vein, Hong Kong has many private financiers who would 'part fund' such an ambitious project. Elsewhere in this thread someone talks of a Team from the moon... and other planets. Point is Haywire - this is all fiction. And set in a very different future...

@DJKyoto, a very cool looking ship, kinda reminded me of the zone ship from Fusion. Any back story/synopsis for "BoostAkira" yet?

---------

We can use your craft as a lot of effort has gone into it, and tbh - I love the design of the Helicon too. So the team name "Tex Dharkan Technologies" stays and the ship/craft is the Helicon. This is good because if Tez Dharkan create new ships - they can be given different names, awesome concept eh?

Aha - developments need to be addressed here also.

I have been in touch with my associates at A.L.T.E.R.N and we have news. I am currently in discussions with board members regarding the FX-500 league and its' very stringent rules on budget. Tez Dharkan have been constantly throwing money at developing new their ships but to date have been getting red flagged by the FX-500 league officials for too many reasons to mention here... one of which is for going over budget lol

A new ship is now in development, utilizing the original weapons system management from the concept Tez Dharkan which mdhay had developed (the concept was seen as way too dangerous for use on official FX-500 races - but technologies have been implemented in our new ship design)

At this moment, I can only announce that something special is coming and to watch this space...

It's like we believe - "Nothing ventured - Nothing gained" and atm - we're gaining a lot of attention from all the right places!

AirLicker Group

mdhay
10th August 2009, 05:48 PM
This has been ready for almost a week, but I thought it was about time that I showed you (Original wipEout players will love this):

The Holding Clamp (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1167)

The Holding Clamps' Lights (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1168)

ACE-FLO
10th August 2009, 08:52 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about! Detail like this makes me smile! Nice one buddy!

mdhay
10th August 2009, 10:19 PM
I was trying to do more detail, but I Epically Failed.:D

Lini-R
11th August 2009, 02:59 AM
Might as well give this a shot :P
--------------------------
LINI-R
------------

Founded in 2172, by a few rich ex-AG company owners, LINI-R was one of the first custom teams to be built to race in the FX150 Amateur league. Showing the need for speed, the craft is designed from previous engines cores from old Piranha-A crafts. However to habour these powerful engines, a large outer shell had to be designed which therefore sadly makes the craft quite a pain to maneuver.

LOGO:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/SHMUP/LINIR.gif
CRAFT:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/SHMUP/LiniRship.png
INGAME:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/SHMUP/Ingame.png

djKyoto
11th August 2009, 03:30 AM
@Haywire...

No, I disagree. Hong Kong is the perfect environment for an AG Team to be born from. In the same vein, Hong Kong has many private financiers who would 'part fund' such an ambitious project. Elsewhere in this thread someone talks of a Team from the moon... and other planets. Point is Haywire - this is all fiction. And set in a very different future...

@DJKyoto, a very cool looking ship, kinda reminded me of the zone ship from Fusion. Any back story/synopsis for "BoostAkira" yet?

Hong Kong - 2079. After the overpopulation and overpollution of the small island nation. Maybe people left, leaving behind a crippling economy. The nations leaders decided that if HK was to survive in the future, it would have to dramtically change the way the country was run. Over the next 50 years new systems and regulations whre put into force. Old fossil fuel power plants where destroyed and new cleaner & greener ones where put into place. Large segements of abonded lots and commerical areas where destroyed and turned into National Parks. By 2130 HK had became a world leader in Eco-Friendly Power supply ways with a lot of R&D being pulled into new Power supplies, and Transport. Almost everything was recycled and the county was once again back to the good old days, however Population laws where still enforced and there where large fines for doing harm to the enviroment. The combustion engine was outlawed to the museum.
In 2179, after helping with advancements in weapon and boost pad technology for the WipEout Leagues, with the help with a large commerical conglomutes, the main one being a Large Energy drink manafucter called KiraNRG corp, decided to form a Team for the Nation. One that would be proud of its new, clean future. Over the next few a small but dedicated team, part of which had been working with AG-Craft for comerical use, they worked on a new ship. one that would have awesome power, but clean as possible. In 2185 they finally entered the FX-450 WipEout League with the new Ship and new team (Boosta-Kira NRG Industries). The ship they planned to try and even excel the might Goteki 45 team in terms of outright thrust, but still had an advanced weapon system, which formed their motto "Kind to the enviroment, but not to you". By the end of the FX-450 league, a lot of new methods had been in place so that it would be easier for new teams to enter. The up comming FX-500 league would have the largest field of competitors yet. From the original founders of FEISAR and AG-Systems, to the new guns such as Tex Dharkan Technologies, Lini-R and Veleno Technologies it would be an great series. "After our first few seasons in the FX-450 league, we have home and improved our craft, and after beilng HK's first offical WipEout league circuit, where we could practise and home out skills, we believe that we will be in good contention of doing very well this new FX-500 league with our world leading advancments in Weapons, Aerodynamics and Overboost systems. It is great honor for us all."

Dante Kira - BoostaKira NRG Industries & Systems Tech. - FX-500 League.

There. :p

Love your logo Lini-R. :rock

Haywire_Guy
11th August 2009, 06:42 AM
To Ace-Flo: It doesnt seem like your leaving me with very much to do so im just going to quietly drop out of the Indian creation team, hopefully you two can build an awesome foundation by yourselves =D. Ill still help you guys tho with some brainstorming and images if you want, and ill be glad to return once u have something you need to complete.

On a side note Hong Kong was never really a country, it had only been a city passed around by the United Kingdom and China, then returned back in 1997. But if your telling it through a different reality (and subsequently future) it could make sense.

btw really sleek ship design Lini-R, the micro screensaver looks amazing as well. Keep going with it!

ACE-FLO
11th August 2009, 11:06 AM
I don't think you should drop out, for what it's worth - I value your input greatly and see you as an asset to this team.

Yes, you're right about the era which Tez Dharkan exists... far into the future. At least a couple hundred years from now. Who knows - maybe man colonises Mars by then!?!

andy
11th August 2009, 02:18 PM
Geist
Britain, Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland.

After another disapointing year for Europe at the fx450, Austin Marlin decided with his friend Roberto Bagutti, over a pint of space beer, that they could do better.

They were the owners of fast and exotic anti-gravity super car marquees and they were very puzzled that Europe didn't do very well in the AG racing leagues because Europe was home to some of the very fastest AG car makers in the world.

They realized that they needed to put down a clear idea of what they wanted from their ship, focus on these goals and ensure they communicated well. They decided it should be very fast and have good handling.

So they phoned up all their other AG car manufacturer friends in Europe and asked them if they wanted to help make a racing team and GEIST was formed.

The prototype was designed from step one to dominate the Phantom speed class. Knowles Joyce and Bagutti designed an engine designed to outclass the opposition which would be built by BNW and Norsche, while Marlin, Wonda and Citron designed a highly manoeuvrable chassis made out of carbotanium and other cool sounding materials.

The prototype is now finished in time for the upcoming F500 and test flights are proving it to be very fast and manoeuvrable and a real contender.

The geist team has the pride of Europe resting on its shoulders and is due to start this racing season.

Speed 9.5
Thrust 8.5
Handling 7
Shield 6
Weight 3.5

- - -

I realize this is just a bit of a rehash of one of my old ones but I like it so whatever xD

ACE-FLO
12th August 2009, 03:30 AM
The FX-4OO just got a lot more interesting! good story there...

@ DJ-kyoto, mate - "Kind to the environment, but not to you!" - Just Awesome! The FX-5OO is gonna be something else! Enjoyed reading your synopsis mate! Very entertaining indeed, must say.

ACE-FLO
14th August 2009, 04:42 PM
Tez Dharkan Concept Sketches of its' upgraded FURY vessel as made by Designer_79 - Co-Director of the AirLicker Group...

This is The Promise of Potent Fear, almost realized!!!

:rock BIG THANKS to :rock Designer_79 :rock for all his ongoing efforts here! You rock mate!!! :rock

Kyonshi
14th August 2009, 04:59 PM
Tez Dharkan Concept Sketches of its' upgraded FURY vessel as made by Designer_79 - Co-Director of the AirLicker Group...

This is The Promise of Potent Fear, almost realized!!!

:rock BIG THANKS to :rock Designer_79 :rock for all his ongoing efforts here! You rock mate!!! :rock

That has to be to most awesome ship design i've seen here!!! :D Kudos Designer 79!!

ACE-FLO
14th August 2009, 05:10 PM
Designer_79 certainly lives up to his name... and he hasn't finished yet.

He has to date, designed and engineered the lateral stabilizers which Team Tez Dharkan Technologies have implemented into their ship. It was after the success of the Ion-Drive 4X when Designer_79 was made co-Director of the AirLicker Group.

He also redesigned the "Super-Lights TM" composites. The result of his re-engineering and design of the composites have led the Airlicker Group to take out another Patent (currently pending) as this technology, though already advanced, has now seen anopther breakthrough, resulting in a very light and manuverable ship... More than this, I cannot say atm. But we live up to our motto... "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained!" - watch this space...

@Kyonshi, Designer_79 mentioned to me that he liked your logo design. Do you fancy working together with the AirLicker Group in LOGO R+D? Peace!:rock

Haywire_Guy
17th August 2009, 08:25 AM
Holy macaroni that is INCREDIBLE! Expecially like the slanted arms of the side view: looks really streamlined and sleek, not unlike modern F1 vehicles. If this is the normal ship design, i cant wait to see the fury version O.O.

- 12/10, this would look awesome digitized,coloured.

designer_79
17th August 2009, 10:17 AM
Haywire-Guy, thanks for the positive feedback. Actually the design concept is already based on the Fury crafts. The idea was, because obviously the Fury DC is situated somewhen in between the FX-400 and the next generation racing league, to take that as a start. Obviously the spectators got a little bored and needed more action on tracks :hyper .

It makes sense to me , that the improvements of the Fury crafts over the regular ones will be ported to the FX-500 league. So naturally the design is based on the Fury styled crafts. I was trying to find a mix between the biomorphic shape of the Mirage and the totally transformerish style of the new Auricom and added a distinct tail section ... thats pretty much it.

Details related to Ace-FLO's awesome backstory will be worked out in the next step, which actually consists of bigger and more precise sketches by hand (I need to draw by hand to really use my brain as well ;) ) and then digitize and color it in Illustrator. Finally i'll try to take it into 3D ... so guys stay tuned , more Indian power to follow here soon.

designer_79
18th August 2009, 07:11 AM
OK fellow pilots, I couldn't hold back to give you the first more detailed impression of our TD advanced AG craft. After thankfuly receiving comments about the overall appearance it was time leaving the sketchboard phase and put more thoughts into the overall accuracy, detailing, technical issues and weapon systems.

If the Mirage was the grasshopper of the FX-400 racing league our craft will be the mountain lizard counterpart int he FX-500 league ;) ... and a deadly one it is! So fellow pilots you are gonna watch out for this one on tracks cause it'll very likely send something unpleasant up your thrusters. :rock

I am gonna have a meeting with the board of Airlicker Technology to discuss the question of publishing more insight into the technical aspects in public. Stay tuned ...

D79 with greetings from Airlicker HQ, Mt. Everest

djKyoto
18th August 2009, 02:28 PM
Thats a pretty sweet concept.

I'll hiff up a v.2 later on. :coffee

mdhay
18th August 2009, 03:45 PM
The TTDt track is now complete. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1221) The circuit is made exclusively for testing the prototype TDt craft (prevoiusly for the Mark 5, but has since been considered for adapting other TDt chassis types). Extensive testing has been implemented to make the chassis (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1217) "all - terrain capable", particularly for Zone events (The track environment is styled in this way to get the pilot used to such an effect).

designer_79
19th August 2009, 04:56 PM
The last meeting of the A.L.T.E.R.N board of directors led to the decision to make some of the technical detailing used in the prototype Tez Dharkan advanced AG-craft public.

It's an honour for our R&D team to showcase the latest inventions which will make our ship a serious contender in it's first season in the fx-500 racing league.

Attached are blueprints of the key technologies.

With greetings from A.L.T.E.R.N HQ, Mt. Everest
D79 Director and leader design and R&D

feisarfan
20th August 2009, 05:58 PM
Wow, these teams and machines look amazing. I've been re-introduced to Wipeout HD after briefly playing Fury, and I might up my arts skills to produce something good if i can.

Teams: possibly a purists team which is popular with the fans, like a team which goes racing as its only means of income, like the Brawn GP team in Grand Prix racing.

By the way, I'm back guys, love the updated forum.:D

Nordschleifer.2200
24th August 2009, 12:03 AM
R.zen (Pron. "Erzen")

Country

Italy

Founded

2191/2211

Overview

Team R.zen was one of the strongest to ever compete in the semi-professional leagues of the dark AG-racing days. As many competitors of those league, when a professional championship was estabilished and the budget required to field a ship arisen, they retired from racings. But now, thanks to the support of the emergent data-cast provider G-CAST, they managed to develop a competitive ship. The Italian team is set to field the young japanese Miko Akita, ex-AG Systems pilot, for 2211 and further.

Stats

Speed: 8
Thurst: 8
Controllability: 9
Shield: 6

TEAM DATA RELEASE
R.zen DATACAST NEWS BY TEAM DIRECTOR GIULIANO BADOER

Our ship, the Z211, isn't ready to be shown yet. We're still improving the chassis and the energetic shield systems, and thanks to our technicians hard work we're obtaining an handleable, competitive chassis with a powerful motor. For the 2211 season, we'll field a ship relying on a brand-new technology, but, instead of many teams have done in the past, we gained the approval of AGRC even before to build a running prototype. We don't want to put all our technical efforts and our hard work just to get disqualified in the end of the racing campain.

I have to admit that our ship is not the best in the AG League. Our pushing engine doesn't give the thurst that Piranha's and Icaras' does; our shield isn't as strong and reliable as Triakis' one. But who need top speed and acceleration when you are less slowed by corners? Who need a strong shield when they can't even lock on you a missle?

The ship will be unveiled during a press conference at Moa Therma, when the first open-to-public test will have place. Be sure to connect to our G-CAST in the next days to know further details on the first public run of the ship!

R.zen - Assault Philosophy

Message Ends

MIKO AKITA
(From Wikipedia - The Free Datacast Encyclopedia)

Miko Akita (Born: 24,12,2192 in Kyoto, JP) is an antigravity professional pilot, currently competing in the FX450/FX500 League. She's the youngest even AG pro pilot to dispute a race.

Early years

Miko Akita was born in year 2192 from Shinji Akita, an AG-Systems employee and, later, engineeer, and Fuyu Asai.

Miko debuted in the world of motorsports just 8, in the Japanese AG Karts Championship. She won her first race by the age of 10. She achieved to win three KJ4 class championship in a row, scoring an impressive 12 races/ 10 wins during the last championship. However, she announced her retirement due to school absorptions, refusing to sign many contracts that well-known national semi-pro teams offered.

When 13, her family moved to Tokyo, where AG-Systems HQ is. She attended Garatsuyama High School; she partecipated to many academic athletic competitions, winning the 2208 softball nation-wide league and scoring podiums in several track & field region-wide events. She graduated with honours, excelling in Physichs; however, the need for speed was still strong.

Debut in AG leagues

She moved her first steps back in the world of AG-racing by the age of 17, when the sudden sack of the AG-System's test pilot John Nakamura left the test ship's seat empty. Her father managed to persuade the testing director to let her daugther to drive the ship during the pre-season tests. Akita managed not only to equate Nakamura's lap times, but even to lower 'em of some millesimal of seconds. She was recruited as the new team's test pilot. She signed the proposed contract, without "deeming about how it would change my life".

She debuted racing during the Anulpha Pass race of the Meltdown event, one of the latest of the 2209 FX400 League. Soichiro Ishibashi suffered of severe wounds when his ship's canopy glass exploded, after beign hit several times by sharpnel and cannon shots during Moa Therma race. Since he wasn't capable to drive an AG ship, he had to left the seat to her young colleague. She scored a 4th place in her first race, and got other promising results scoring another 4th place and then her first career podium on the final championship's race on Sol 2 track. Her young age and strong willing gained her much popularity over the crowds, a popularity of wich AG-System should benefit. She was signed as the main team pilot for the 2210 FX450 League.

But her experience as an AG-System pilot was ill-fated, and didn't least long. After a retirement in the first race on Vineta K caused by engine failure and a 6th place in the second event of the championship caused by airbrakes issues, she suffered a bad spine injuried caused by a ejection system's malfunction: she was expulsed while the ship was going top-speed; the hard impact on the ground of the survivance cell caused her several non-permanent spine damages.

Days after, the sport magazine Tech-G told about an internal sabotage commissioned by the ex main pilot Ishibashi, demoted to the role of test pilot after 4 years of so-so results. The young pilot decided to terminate her contract with a team wich wasn't even "capable to protect their own pilots".

FX500 League

Miko is rumored to be Team R.zen pilot for the 2211 season. Any statement from the Italian team's director, Giuliano Badoer, is yet to be issued.

ACE-FLO
24th August 2009, 01:55 AM
update - bad news i'm afraid

We are sad to announce the death of Arjan Tankaria, a valued team TD-T pilot and celebrity of the FX450 and FX500 leagues.

Communication reports reveal Arjan to have been hiking on Everest when he fell to his death. The Post Mortem revealed Arjan to have switched his pain receptors off, shortly before impact!

The death was deemed accidental, no further investigation is underway. A memorial service is planned for the very near future. We hope you can all attend.

Thank you!

designer_79
25th August 2009, 07:35 AM
Fellow pilots,

Thank you a lot for the suggestions ... evolved design to be found later in this thread.

mdhay
25th August 2009, 09:39 AM
That looks strangely like something very familiar....;) IMO, you should bring the back into one point, like the back of the HD EG-X, an dditch the back wings, but that's just me.:)

Mu5
26th August 2009, 02:26 AM
I agree, the backwings look fragile - The body is brilliant..Great looking ship :D :+

ACE-FLO
27th August 2009, 06:30 PM
FX500 League datacast

Update on Arjan Tankaria's unfortunate demise.

After a thorough investigation, we can now reveal to you details of the accident which led to the death of Arjan Tankaria, pilot to the Tez Dharkan Team.

He fell at the point of Mt Everest where the Anti Gravity track circuit "Startus 4" resides. Strictly speaking, hiking on that quarter of Everest is out of bounds and illegal. It just so happens that he fell to his death at the point of the track named "The Shortcut to Hell"

A.L.T.E.R.N are on the scope for new talent, to replace the legend who was Arjan Tankaria. All applicants are to apply directly via mind - comm.

mdhay
27th August 2009, 09:11 PM
What is "Startus 4"? :lol

ACE-FLO
28th August 2009, 01:57 AM
a typo. sorry mate lol.

it's STRATUS 4 ! Situated on the summits of mount Everest, a custom built race track, placed to be provident of breathtaking views - best glimpsed from the spires of A.L.T.E.R.N head quarters.

STRATUS 4 is poised to be the most fearfully competitive track on the FX500 circuit!

designer_79
28th August 2009, 08:41 AM
- Begin of data omnicast -

Transmission 120001/175: Announcement of Tez Dharkan Technologies racing team

Big news regarding the newest developments in TDT. After being thrown back by the sudden, shocking death of our legendary pilot Arjan Tankaria, the team gained new strength and hope by the discovery of a new talent in AG-racing.

We are proud to introduce Jade Alorea , a young but nonetheless amazingly focused pilot originating from former Nepal. Her special knowledge about cybernetics and computer technologies will definitely define a new interaction between machine and pilot.

The Tez Dharkan Technologies prototype race craft is ready to leave concept stage. A.L.T.E.R.N R&D are proud to showcase the latest designs which are anticipated to have the potential outperforming all contenders within the upcoming FX-500 racing league. Prototype production will soon begin in our new cutting edge production facility hidden within the Mt. Everest base. Worried about the latest data hacking and technology theft happening these years before FX-500 the facility's database and communications channels are totally secured.

Therefor this might be the latest public presentation of the crafts overall appearance before presenting the first built prototype in the next months to come.

With best wishes to all the fans of the sport, the tech-geeks, and especially to our supporters

A.L.T.E.R.N. board of directors

- End of data omnicast -

XpanDrome2097
28th August 2009, 12:55 PM
designer_79, your ship is really cool :+!
The Tez Dharkan style is absolutely unique and I hope that your ship will be taked from Studio Liverpool as a new WipEout team :).

This is the new Veleno prototype ship, with the new logo of the team.

FX500 Season, Giulio Galletti, founder of "Veleno Technologies" AG Racing team, talks about the debut model of his team, with the strange name of "Vendetta":

"We're ready, we've got all...our speed, powered with the accelleration at the top of the rank will be the example to follow in the future racing leagues....ok, this represents a serious sacrifice in terms of handling and shield, but we don't have nothing to fear under this points of view, because we've joined all the best pilots from the the MAGEC laboratory, and some Piranha's pilots leaved the brasilian team to comes in this new exciting speed experience....the shield is low, but we'll be faster than every automatic missile....have any doubt about Veleno technologies? We'll seeing again at the end of the league, at the top the rank!"

Galletti gives an answer about the Auricom and Feisar's provocations:
"Ahahahah the americans....we're mad? Our ship represents a serious risk for the life of the pilots? I can't believe at them words, this don't have any sense, but this probably is happened primarily because Auricom has a lot of money in their banks....they speaks with the money in their mouth uahahahah!!!!! And Feisar? We're too stupid to be indipendent from them projects? But...WHAT THE F....Bah! The European Union has disconnetted Italy from their project without any reason to justify this ridicolous action....yes this is a vengeance, otherwise what's the reason to call our ship "Vendetta", huahahahah?????....they're simply too slow to be compared with our ship, the AG snails!"

djKyoto
28th August 2009, 01:43 PM
I love that ship design designer_79 :g

I'll do a v.2 soon for BAI.

ACE-FLO
28th August 2009, 02:41 PM
Team Tez Dharkan Technologies datacast: 120993675858/ACD99

Pilot Update: As mentioned in a previous datacast, a new pilot has indeed been selected for the team. After vetting the candidates, a clear distinction had been made between those who fought and flown well, and those who excelled in their given tasks.

Jade Alorea, 5ft 9inches of anger, 28yrs of age, a total head for speed. She doesnt talk with you - she screams her lungs out till you cover your ears and cower away. Her pilot tag is "Jaded Blade", sprayed on the hull of her helmet, defying the rules of the FX500 with undue reckless abandon. Her profile paints her to be troublesome, which is why at Tez Dharkan Technologies - we feel she is at home. Her knowledge and use of weapons since childhood, and her insatiable desire and lifelong ambition to be the fastest pilot in the world since the tender age of 3, have more than prepared her for the world of High Speed Anti Gravity of the FX500 Racing League. Coupled with that is her knowledge in Cybernetics and humanoid/bioroid technologies help to ensure that the partnership between "Pilot & Craft" are more than just a matter of POSIX (Positronic Interactive XIOS engine) re-mapping in humans...

"I wouldnt have accepted any less than a position with the Tez Dharkan, If I had it my way, I'd snatch that bitch Preeti's spot and let her be the 2nd Pilot. She aint my senior! So I don't take orders from her - get that straight Ace... and before I forget, once I win my first 5 races - you have to give me her spot, remember that Mr Chairman, or you'll be sufferring not only from an over inflated ego, but over inflated cojones too - comprende amigo?!!!" - Jade Alorea.

Datacast end!:dizzy

Chill
28th August 2009, 08:00 PM
Back in the junior-high school days when i was completely obsessed with Wipeout 3, I came up with a craft named Zytaca, and drew out hundreds of blueprints for it... sometimes on my math homework papers lol... I should probably pick that back up, I had a Wipeout 3 version and a Wipeout Fusion version a made later on...

ACE-FLO
28th August 2009, 08:26 PM
I love this thread, Chill. I did something similiar about 6 or 7 years ago when I doodled the Piranha logo on compliment slips at work. I guess we've all been there more or less.

So Chill, when does your team make a debut on this thread? We need more teams!

Chill
28th August 2009, 08:36 PM
I have a lot of work to do hahaha... will get back to you on that!

ps: I'm in england now man!

Kyonshi
28th August 2009, 08:48 PM
A.L.T.E.R.N officials have acknowledged the launch of the official Tez Dharkan Technologies logo and catchphrase.

The logo features the mighty tiger, symbolizing the way TDT envisions determination to rule above all and achieving domination on the race tracks of the soon-to-come FX-500 AG League season.

The motto of TDT is "Bye Bye Kitty", which is destined to everyone who would dare to challenge TDT top pilots and which evokes nothing less than inevitable doom into a flaming wreckage for the enemy.

Finally, the logo and catchphrase feature the traditional colors of New Indian flag, as a pledge to the ancestral cultural heritage of the Indian empire which can be felt in the fervor that TDT team put into creating the new dominant species of anti-gravity racing.

RedScar
28th August 2009, 10:23 PM
Wow, you guys are going all out with this and with awesome results. I'd love to see 1 of these teams in a DLC/new WO game. Keep up the awesome work.

ACE-FLO
29th August 2009, 02:03 PM
:+:+:+To us all - I re-read the entire thread just now and honestly, I am impressed at the efforts of all who have contributed their team ideas here.:+:+:+

So far we have many teams submitted here, Venom should be real proud of this thread. It has won the imaginations of us wipers after all!

So big up to the following:

Venom: I do like the Veleno team concept and ISIS advancements logo rocks. Kyonshi did well here.

R.J O'Connell - I dea for an Indian team, Siva Engineering was a good one. It was small teams like this one which forced the combined govt. of New India to invest heavily into a world class leading team. So thanks for setting up the ground we now walk on.

Galactic Spartan, Your Team Titan, though briefly described, begs to be exposed in more detail... and excellent idea here.

Kyonshi - Buddy, I am eagerly awaiting your superb new entry into the FX500 in the form of Harfang... cheers!

Jan709 - yeah! I agree with the addition of a bright orange dutch team in the fray... make one dude!!!

Haywire_Guy - your Kaishi Systems is the team which captures my imagination the most out of the other entries. This team needs to be developed further imo. Also, thanks for working with me on the Team Tez Dharkan project, your input helped to shape the team to its current form.

Btw, the Helicon is still an amazing craft...

Dr Angryman - IPAG D, from the solar system, based on the moon right? and why not? this is the FUTURE peeps!!!

WolfKill01, your team "Wolfbane" form the USA is a cool concept imo. I absolutely loved the backstory, any sketches of concepts should be posted here if you have any.

Ah, DJ KYOTO - BoostAkira Industries, wow - from the high rise towers of Hong Kong come a team who defy convention... I must say, the BoostAkira ship concepts look amazing! We are waiting to see your next installment here in this thread buddy!!!

LINI-R, dude, Love the animated Logo mate... It really feels like it should belong up there on the advertising boards! Very very wipeout friendly imo.

Andy - Team GEIST, a good in depth but brief back story to the team, complet with concept logos... nice work here too.

and finally, NordSchleifer2200 who bought us an Italian Team, called R.Zen. another interesting team...

I wanna thank all the people who contributed to Venoms thread here, so far - and would like to add, if you like the teams here, then whats stopping you people from starting your own team here?

Lets see where this goes eh? :dizzy

At this point - I also need to give some thanks to members of Team Tez Dharkan, the AirLicker Group and A.L.T.E.R.N respectively...

SO BIG UP: Designer_79, MdHay and Kyonshi as well as an affiliated partnership with Haywire_Guy too... thank you guys, lets keep Tez Dharkan moving!!!

andy
29th August 2009, 06:40 PM
:Andy - Team GEIST, a good in depth but brief back story to the team, complete with concept logos... nice work here too.

haha, I know the little back story was rubbish but I wasn't exactly taking that bit too seriously, and I got a bit bored, so whatever. xD I was mostly just doing it to revamp my old design, but it needs a bit more in my opinion to make it better, as I really didn't do enough on it - so I'll expect myself to atleast change that front end and make it much more aerodynamic. So, yeah, thanks ace :)

XpanDrome2097
30th August 2009, 02:21 PM
Venom: I do like the Veleno team concept and ISIS advancements logo rocks. Kyonshi did well here.

Yeah mate, Kyonshi is an artist :+!
Thanks for the compliments, Giulio Galletti gotta be happy for this (:dizzy) and...GO Tez Dharkan :D!!!!!

ACE-FLO
30th August 2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah mate, Kyonshi is an artist :+!
Thanks for the compliments, Giulio Galletti gotta be happy for this (:dizzy) and...GO Tez Dharkan :D!!!!!

Thank you. Guilio has our kindest regards. We New Indians will not forget his rather sizable, charitable donations, which contributed to the relief effort during the Rajanathan Valley flooding. Many people owe a debt of gratitude to Guilio Galletti... I personally know him for his famous AG-CruiserCar brand. I drive one - an AL75 ...

yeldar2097
31st August 2009, 02:30 PM
wow! really love some of the stuff that's coming out of this thread. ship designs and logos are fantastic! :D
thumbs up to everyone involved :+

designer_79
3rd September 2009, 07:00 AM
- Begin of data omnicast -

Message 1220/134-100758: Announcement of the official Tez Dharkan Technologies team colours

A.L.T.E.R.N. representatives are proud to announce, that the development of the FX500 prototype racecraft is fast. All planning related data has been completely digitized, and further discussions about the main theme and colour scheme yielded first results.

The color scheme will represent 3 main topics:

- Based in one of the most remote areas of the world surrounded by ice and snow the undertone of the skin represents our homebase location. On contrary, our weapons are hotter than those of our opponents. Orange and blue, hot and cool!

- The emblematic color scheme of New Indias flag: orange, green and white ... we transport the glory of our nation onto the racetracks of the world.

- In addition to our achievements in technology, our newest pilot Jade brought her knowledge of cybertech into the company. Our ship will get a design we relate to as cyber camouflage. To further stress the aspect of the battle in races.

May our competitors be worthy a challenge, we hope not to get bored on the tracks ...

A.L.T.E.R.N. board of directors, Mt.Everest HQ

- End of data omnicast -

ACE-FLO
3rd September 2009, 03:37 PM
SO, the 2D version is almost complete - just the composites to be added, and some minor ammendments and the ship we shall be ready for the final phaze - 3D modelling for the Tez Dharkan !!! Designer_79 really went all out on this one!;) big hand to the man!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

More developments regarding the team TD-T will be posted here in the near future. There is a lot I need to make public - but for now, I am still gathering intel before I make the datacast!!! Cheers, Ace!

designer_79
4th September 2009, 04:21 AM
I was just dreaming a bit ... but seriously, how realistic is the idea of a future download pack that consists only of teams created in this thread? ... :hyper ... Hear us SL , make contact with the creators :) I mean there were a lot of downloadable packs for Pure featuring corporate models, European only models, ''concept art'' models. Why not doing another one with fan art models??? Would be awesome!!

XpanDrome2097
4th September 2009, 12:08 PM
What a strong idea designer_79 :D:+!
But for this we gotta have someone involved into the 3-D modelling programs (ehm...Mu5?) and....ehm....teh SL approvation :|?
But....if this can be realized, why don't we gonna try ;)?

ACE-FLO
4th September 2009, 01:14 PM
...I mean there were a lot of downloadable packs for Pure featuring corporate models, European only models, ''concept art'' models. Why not doing another one with fan art models??? Would be awesome!!

Yeah, now that would be something huh? ;)

SL/Sony need to keep a look :sonar out for this thread right here.

@ Venom, Personally, I think a Manga or anime of wipeout would be better recieved, but hey - if I can pilot the Tez D in an online race - then I'm all for it.:)

Venom, the 3D stages are the next step for designing the ship - and we've got that covered already;)... Designer_79 will be doin the 3D modelling!8)

Lance
4th September 2009, 02:54 PM
Sony need to, or you need/desire them to? ;)

ACE-FLO
4th September 2009, 03:00 PM
Lance - I'm gonna attempt to explain this, my way lol - so it may not necessarily make any sense ok? ok!

I want sony/sl to be so passionate about it that "they need to" take notice of the teams in this thread..

(er, swivles chair 180 degrees, faces south) I am so passionate about this new teams malarky, that "I need for them to" take notice of this thread, and the teams which reside here... ;)

Mu5
4th September 2009, 03:09 PM
But for this we gotta have someone involved into the 3-D modelling programs (ehm...Mu5?)

My work load is pretty full at the moment im afraid..

Im building a new track and attempting a Pilot/inner cockpit for the Prototype Triakis. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxMcM2Wtrsg) :beer

Good luck to Designer_79 with the modelling - look forward to seeing it when its finished! :) :+

Lance
4th September 2009, 03:12 PM
Sony are passionate about profit. Unless someone at SCE or higher thinks that amateur/outsider design of teams would be extremely likely to produce more profit, they will not see a need. The dlc that they did release was all solicited by Sony from professionals in the game or the famous in the art 'business'.

[waxes philosophical]> I am not trying to squash idealism, but am pointing out potential for denied hope. The designing of itself is worth the effort for the satisfaction it brings to the designers and their fans. That should always be its raison d'être. The stuff that's done only for acceptance or profit is worthless. To me. :D

ACE-FLO
4th September 2009, 03:27 PM
Yes, Lance I agree - SOny are most definitely thinking with their pockets and not their hearts - lol, so its probably highly unlikely that they'll take notice - but they should!!! It's worth their while imo - get the opinions of the pilots themselves, and their ideas on what constitutes a good ship design. Anyway, we're in the right place - Wipeoutzone! And I know that peeps from SL are on this site. ISo, ya never know...

Anyhow, we do this team design/team history malarky, because we love it! And a thing borne out of love, can only bring happiness (unless you're an impressionable young lady who fell in love with the devil and got preggers ;):o)... )

Yes, I desire for Studio Liverpool/Sony to take notice of our efforts here. I think that this thread also serves as a sort of a tribute to Sony/SL for bringing us the wipeouts , I guess. A way of saying "We liked what you did so much, now we're having a go".

Ofcourse - to nowhere near the level that they did, we're just amateurs here lol. But, we do like what we're doing here, and it's a great, I mean - 4 members of this site have contributed to the Tez Dharkan project already and ya know what ? Wipers banding together to make something happen like this - is really cool imo. So well done guys!8)

designer_79
4th September 2009, 03:30 PM
Beautifully said Lance ... that's exactly how a creative life / profession should work. But sadly enough, profit is what runs every business nowadays ... so although creating something is satisfying deep within oneself, if you do it for a living there's always the need to deal with clients and their sometimes not-so-idealistic view of the world :D ...

Of course it's just the tiniest of hopes that SL might take something out of this thread (and if its just the Idea for a new team , not necessarily the designs) but we all know Wipeout is no Little Big Planet, so user generated content will always just stay fan art. So this thread's particular raison d'être is to inspire the audience ... we hoped it might be an ongoing thing to keep ideas coming what future teams might be like :+

Mu5
4th September 2009, 03:44 PM
Maybe one day we will get Little Big Wipeout :D lol

Track / Ship / Texture / Billboard design........that would rock :D :+

Perhaps more likely to happen would be for a new 'homebrew' wipeout to be developed by the gamers themselves? :)

ACE-FLO
4th September 2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah, well the thread is called "Imagine a New Team for Wipeout" - we are!!! ;)

Even I was surprised at some of the team ideas in this thread. And it made for such interesting reading, I started to day dream - next thing I knew, I had envisioned an Indian AG-Combat Racing Team, The Tez Dharkan...

One post led to another and before I knew it, The Tez Dharkan really was a team - Mdhay, Haywire_Guy, Kyonshi and Designer_79 all helped in ways I wouldnt have guessed at.

And wow, the Tez Dharkan Technologies ship is a beautifully aggressive "violent by design" example.

Lets keep the momentum going guys, with or without Sony/SL - we keep rocking :rock

@Mu5:
Ah - now that's an avenue worth exploring isn't it!!! Nice one MU5! :)

andy
4th September 2009, 04:21 PM
I changed the front end to make it at least look more aerodynamic and it is now longer, and I changed the colour scheme a bit too.

Mu5
5th September 2009, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know the best place to get information on the back story for a particular team?

I want to dig up info on Triakis, so I can try and create a credible backstory for the prototype :) :+

Cheers

KIGO1987
5th September 2009, 08:43 AM
Its an Australian ship built in Adelaide South Australia :D

Kyonshi
5th September 2009, 04:44 PM
@Mu5

You can find some more elaborate background history on Triakis on the WipEout Pulse website :)

Mu5
6th September 2009, 12:10 AM
Sweet as - cheers :D :+

feisarfan
6th September 2009, 05:42 PM
My new team, hope it's a good idea...

Team Name: Iglu

Country of origin: Arctic/Antarctic Regions

Team story:

Founded in the year 2220 by a few bored scientists, technicians and transport/survey pilots, IGLU was designed as a team on a budget, in other words, one of those teams which aims to do a lot from limited resources.

Flying for the United Nations, on behalf of the UNAPT (United Nations Arctic Protection Team) has already given them some interesting sponsorship offers, with the eco-supporting Harimau team reputed to be waiting in the wings with anti-gravity reactor units and other critical parts that may be available on loan.

For now though, the team are gearing up for their first season of FX350 AG racing with their first design, the ICE-R 001, which features innovations such as 5 flap adjustable V-Brakes by the Stop/Start Corporation, a sophisticated flight computer, as well as pilot adjustable underbody flaps, which use technology provided by MAGEC Corporation to either keep the craft at a good height, or to change altitude quickly.

Haywire_Guy
7th September 2009, 11:14 AM
Team TDT: Its been abt 2 weeks since my login, G'day all, yearlies are over and i have a bit of time on my hands (sept for some minor gatherings later in the term). If its ok I would like to rejoin the production team from this point onwards.

If the Helicon craft is still classified under prototypes of TDT ill be happy to start making a backstory and possibly some minor changes. (But reading previous posts i understand if the corporations getting cluttered up with numerous craft being in production simultaneously (all done awesomely if i may add =P), so dw abt it if it gets cacelled xD.) Ill probably drift to do something else by then.

Also to the post above i like the Antarctic/Arctic team, 2 continents each respectively on either sides of the globe creating a craft in unison (especially with ur economic backstory regarding Harimau and stuff) sounds like a rly good foundation to build on. Keep going with it =DDD!

ACE-FLO
7th September 2009, 10:31 PM
So good to have you back with us, Haywire! The AirLicker Group can definitely do with your expertise atm. Your timing is pretty damn awesome! 8)

Team Iglu, what a nice history! This team holds real promise for the future! Watch this sp-ace! :rock

Edit: Oh, and Andy, you got any more pics of the ship? That one angle is a bit of a tease, looks pretty cool though! :)

designer_79
8th September 2009, 12:15 AM
Updates on the other viewports to follow soon, sideview is almost done ... As for the front and back I am not sure if I should post them. But as they are crucial for the 3D-modelling too I have to do them anyway ;) .. The pace of the project slowed down a bit due to quite some workload in the office :?

Edit: Haywire_Guy , it's a pleasure having you back on board, hope the exams went well!

djKyoto
8th September 2009, 06:39 AM
Hey guys, Just got a Redesigned craft design from some of the team working on the new F5000 craft from Boost-Akira Industries. They wanted it to be be a bit more modern and edgy than their first design, it fits in more into the Fury scene/season that just ended a few years back. This shows mostly on the re-designed nose and wing complex. They're still designing a paint scheme for it, but it will take pride of their national colors/flag.

BAI GT-RX F5000 MKII (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout2.png). :)

XpanDrome2097
8th September 2009, 01:15 PM
Awesome design djKyoto.
But now....can you post the racing parameters of the ships?This is a question for all :).

I want to see the Tez-Dharkan racing parameters :rock!
But....the same is for all the teams created in this thread,c'mon,let's be friends :banzai!

djKyoto
8th September 2009, 01:51 PM
Can you explain what you mean by 'racing parameters' ?

Is that like it's stats or something? Sorry.

ACE-FLO
8th September 2009, 06:09 PM
Racing Parameters... would be the track we race on I guess??? :? :p

If you mean our ship stats - then the Tez Dharkan has already posted our stats, but if you are talking technologies Mr Venom, then I'm afraid I can't divulge too much information as most of this technology is the intellectual property of AirLicker Group and A.L.T.E.R.N... sorry! :!

XpanDrome2097
8th September 2009, 09:53 PM
Can you explain what you mean by 'racing parameters' ?

Is that like it's stats or something? Sorry.

Don't worry, mate :).
I mean the racing stats....the value of top speed, accelleration, handling and shield, only this.

ACE-FLO, I respect your secret plan, ok, am waiting for the final surprise :rock!

djKyoto
9th September 2009, 12:27 AM
Ah, Ok.

The MKII stats are unknown, but the original craft had parameters of 7/10/9/7.

designer_79
9th September 2009, 02:30 AM
DjKyoto, the MKII looks damn cool! Especially like the split nose and the F1 like back spoiler ... this craft looks pretty mean, seems like the TezDharkan will get some serious competition now. Well done :+

pilots, lets keep the ideas rollin' , this thread is awesome

Haywire_Guy
9th September 2009, 06:48 AM
@DJKyoto: Wow that looks amazing! Those air vents on either side of the craft look very signature wipeout, and though craft though looks slightly less streamlined than the MkI, it looks 1000x better on the awesomeness-scale.

If this is only the 2nd stage of devlopment the final model should look mega cool =DDD. Good work, keep up with it.

andy
9th September 2009, 04:46 PM
Edit: Oh, and Andy, you got any more pics of the ship? That one angle is a bit of a tease, looks pretty cool though! :)

I made a few changes on some things I wasn't happy with, so now I like it.

I've also started work on a fury type of geist too, dunno if it actually will look like a fury ship though, xD but it'll be cut up into sections and stuff which I think should look good enough.

and that mkII is looking very nice djkyoto =]

designer_79
9th September 2009, 04:51 PM
Andy ... Geist is looking better and better although the concept is still the most radical of all. You are cranking this all out of sketchup, right? great work man ... the black 'drone' is this some kind of supportive craft? That's a cool idea too, because with all the focus on the main racers all the other hovering stuff in the background gets forgotten , while there are some interesting ships to be found in fact. Keep it up!! :+

ACE-FLO
9th September 2009, 06:09 PM
Andy, looking real good mate! I love the idea of making it 'nose heavy' - which seems to have worked really well with the GEIST ship. 8)

DJKyoto! - BoostAkira MKII is a very very cool design. Almost reminiscent of a Fury ship! Will the MKII get the 3D treatment? will you post the other elevations too? We'd all love to see them! :)

andy
9th September 2009, 08:04 PM
Andy ... Geist is looking better and better although the concept is still the most radical of all. You are cranking this all out of sketchup, right? great work man ... the black 'drone' is this some kind of supportive craft? That's a cool idea too

That black thing is the front of the fury style geist I'm trying to do, pretty cool idea to have the whole backup team done and all, I think I'll try that once I get this fury craft done. :)

attached progress so far

billychanxtr33m
10th September 2009, 12:30 AM
first of all, this thread is amazing and there are way too many great things to give kudos to in one post so :clap to everyone.

here is my go at making a team, hope you like it.

team name: Cumulonimbus
team location: nunavut province, canada
motto: we bring the thunder
ship stats:

speed- 9 / fury- 9
thrust- 9 / fury- 9.5
handling- 6 / fury- 6
shield- 7 / fury- 7.5

founded: 2223
backstory:

team cumulonimbus is the brainchild of two men, Ezekiel Danielson and Marsellus Riemer. Ezekiel was once a military contractor but left his job to pursue ag racing full time. he made huge waves when he raced in the FXA350 amateur league with his own team, "danielson racing." though usually populated by wealthy hobbyists and retired professionals, the amateur leagues are an important sector for ag racing. this is because it is a prime testing ground for new tracks and weapon systems for the professional leagues. danielson racing was a prime supplier of new weapons, and mr. danielson made a name for himself by having most of his innovative weapon systems banned from sanctioned races. such banned weapons include: the DRJ-A5 (auto pilot disrupter), a sticky targeted missile, which would confuse an enemy ship's subsequent auto pilot systems and frequently send these ships off track, the DRJ-AG2 (grav flipper) which sent out a small range signal which would confuse the orientation protocol of the ag systems in other ships; this would cause enemy ships to flip upside down, causing their disoriented pilots to frequently fly off track, and the notorious DRD-AG4K (grav disrupter) which would disable the anti-gravity systems of nearby ships much like the infamous grav bomb from the f9000 league. unlike the grav bomb however, ships hit with the AG4K would maintain their current velocity, often resulting in effected ships flying off track. these weapons were banned not only because of the danger they posed to pilots, but also the fact that mr. danielson would often have countermeasures for these weapons on his personal ship.

with large profits from race earnings and endorsements, Ezekiel Danielson bought some stock in the FXA350 league. his brash personality and constant butting of heads with other owners made him loathed among amateur league executives. that, and the fact that he continued to race, which was generally viewed as improper and shady to say the least. when danielson refused to have his shares bought out, he was eventually banned from ownership and racing by the FXA350 league interests committee. not long afterward, ezekiel was involved in a near fatal accident in a non-sanctioned ag race. though he was initially paralyzed from the neck down, spinal/nervous reconstructive surgery was mostly successful and he was able to walk and have full body movement again. unfortunately, his slightly reduced mobility meant that he would never race again.

mr. danielson knew that the only way he would be able to participate in ag racing now was in management. because he had been banned from amateur racing, ezekiel figured there would be no better way to stick it to that organization than to field a winning team in the professional league. what he needed now was massive financial backing. he found it in Marsellus Riemer.

riemer realestate is the largest housing builder in the americas. they are most famous for their ag housing complexes. completely disconnected from the outside world, the astronomic costs to maintain such a building make these the homes of only the most wealthy customers. riemer had a passion for ag racing and tons of money, just what danielson was looking for. it wasnt hard for ezekiel to convince riemer to come on board. danielson was already known and popular among ag racing fans so he was the perfect figure head for the new team which was dubbed cumulonimbus, because danielson wanted to roll into professional ag racing like an ominous storm. team RD and headquarters were set up in a secluded area of northern canada. the cold weather made extensive ship system testing possible, while still being in mainland north america made development supplies readily accessible.

with several years of development and still no official ship specs released, people have began to wonder if cumulonimbus will really field an ag racer in the near future. after a few financial backers left the project, some people felt that cumulonimbus was falling apart before it had even began racing. this perceived tension was heightened with the release of an interview with ezekiel danielson in a recent issue of ag weekly. in the article, he said of riemer quote: "he has more money than sense" and that he was "disturbingly easy to manipulate." riemer, known for his easy going and jolly nature, just laughed it off saying: "thats zeek for you." danielson, not surprisingly, wouldnt back down from his comments.

despite the turmoil, whispers of a race ready ship being tested have flooded the datanets again. the air of secrecy around the facility (loving known by fans as area 51) has led to these kinds of rumors before. however, the fact that the team has begun filling out official entrant paperwork with the racing league has really started to ramp up the hype for a new team.

Whizzer The Hawk
10th September 2009, 12:41 AM
I've thought of one:

Levikas, pronounced as (leh-vee-kas)
Region: Denmark.
Slogan: Forever Without Gravity.
Colour of Ship: Red, Purple & White.

Max Speed: 7/10
Acceleration/Thrust: 10/10
Shield: 6/10

Another high-thrust ship that's simluar to Goteki in the current game, but I pictured it a bit different from Goteki: Levikas will have great handling instead of shields. However Goteki still has the great shields instead of handling which makes the two different :+

Morally I structured this ship in my mind for something like the model of EG.X's look in fury, but it could be made a tad different. :)

djKyoto
10th September 2009, 12:53 AM
DJKyoto! - BoostAkira MKII is a very very cool design. Almost reminiscent of a Fury ship! Will the MKII get the 3D treatment? will you post the other elevations too? We'd all love to see them! :)

I don't have any 3D software. What does everybody else use (i.e andy / designer_79) ?

ACE-FLO
10th September 2009, 01:29 AM
Co-director and Head of R+D is Designer_79, as far as i'm aware he uses Modo.

Studio Liverpool use Maya and custom coded tools.

Another good one is 3DS Max. hope this was helpful. :)

djKyoto
10th September 2009, 02:33 AM
Messing with Google Sketchup atm. Since it's free ya know.

Long time before i'd be able to model my BAI craft tho. :beer

designer_79
10th September 2009, 05:30 AM
To give you guys some idea about the 3d modelling programs ...

ACE-FLO posted

Co-director and Head of R+D is Designer_79, as far as i'm aware he uses Modo.

That's unfortunately not the case, Mu5 is using Modo as does Sumimasen who started a Wipeout project a long time ago and currently remodels the Fury Auricom in all detail , he posted this in a thread here where you could see the full power of Modo. Modo is very intuitive and all modelling happens in 1 viewport (3d view). Unfortunately the demo of the newest Version 401 is not yet available. Despite it's power it's one of the ''cheaper'' packages out there.

As for me I am using Cinema4D (4D because of it's animation powers) a 3d program by German developer Maxon ... it's a classical 4 viewport modeller (side top and front view as well as the 3d view). It's also one of the ''easier to learn packages'' but yet very powerful. Use it since my time in university.

Sketchup is free and easy but in terms of modelling techniques pretty limited , but if i see what andy and mdhay do with it , this statement is becoming somehow untrue :)

the high-end modellers used in most movie effect companies as well as game developers are Maya (Colin Berry informed me that SL works with it) or 3dStudio Max) but these progs really demand quite a lot of time to get the hang with them. But as a general suggestion: every 3d project gets a lot easier if you have thought about what you want to do in 2d first :) every 3d modlling prog can import 2d pictures for reference. its also common for example in the car design industry to design in 2d first , then do the modelling according to the blueprints. This workflow is highly recommended. I am afraid I can only provide help for Cinema4D but gonna change to Modo soon. For modelling tips in general feel free to ask (but Mu5 and Sumimasen are defenitely the masters here)

2d staging of my first WipEout model (dont laugh) : http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=26&pictureid=175
And how the 2d reference in 3d works : http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=26&pictureid=172

djKyoto
10th September 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm having a blast with SketchUp atm. Should have a Model done of BAI by tomorrow or the weekend. :rock

abukii
10th September 2009, 03:07 PM
WO HD is done using MAYA?? Thats awesome!! Gives me some ideas.

@Dj Kyoto-- There is also Z Brush (that works in conjunction with Maya). Excellent program. In fact my coder slapped together a wipEout ship using Pulse only as reference, animated a track section, and gave it a back-drop, in about 30 mins, using Z Brush.

Im loving this thread too.

billychanxtr33m
10th September 2009, 03:10 PM
for 3d modeling, there is also gmax http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax which you can get for free. its kind of a simplified 3ds max, but the basic modeling process is the same.

mdhay
10th September 2009, 04:12 PM
Yoink!
....... This is, er, going to take a while.

@D79:
I use Sketchup too, you know, so it is very untrue.:D

andy
10th September 2009, 05:11 PM
haha, thanks designer :)

got a bit of a rough plan done of what I should end up with - could well change though. :P

It's gonna use a little variable geometry (is that the right phrase?) and change it's shape mid race depending on what is needed (ie, speed or handling).

mdhay
10th September 2009, 05:13 PM
:o:o:o
Me likey.:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

That's the right phrase, by the way.:D

Lance
10th September 2009, 08:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember a program called Bryce, and could vehicle design even be done in it? I know it was much loved by some visual artists.

mdhay
10th September 2009, 08:44 PM
Can't say I remember of it.

billychanxtr33m
10th September 2009, 10:44 PM
here are some sketches of the cumulonimbus symbol and a wo3 style top down view of the mk I ship. as you can see, im no graphic artist but hopefully these will inspire one of the more talented on this thread to offer an interpretation.

designer_79
10th September 2009, 10:57 PM
Lance Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember a program called Bryce, and could vehicle design even be done in it? I know it was much loved by some visual artists.

Yeah I do remember, some time ago Bryce was like the fav of some car designers as well ... but I dunno why Bryce ceased to continue developing, or maybe just changed the name? Modo was called Lightwave before ;)

Mu5
11th September 2009, 12:07 AM
Good shout Lance - Yeah I remember Bryce it rocked. Looks like Corel bought them over ...but its alive and well and the latest version is over at Daz3d.com (http://www.daz3d.com/) :D

@Andy : Thats looking great mate :)

@BillyChan : Nice work :+

designer_79
11th September 2009, 05:55 AM
OK, I have been quite busy last week, so this update on the Tez Dharkan is rather late and rather lame. Well, glad to say that at least the 2 main views are done now and 3D modelling is ready to begin. I heard rumour from the directors board, that there will be a news announcement regarding the latest activities in A.L.T.E.R.N HQ so stay tuned in this thread and enjoy the following paint scheme presentation ;)

With best regards D79, Co-Director A.L.T.E.R.N. head of R&D division

Mu5
11th September 2009, 07:09 AM
Looking cool mate :) :+

djKyoto
11th September 2009, 12:38 PM
Not bad for my first attempt at SketchUp only using a reference from the pic from page 17, but heres my crummy 3D attempt. Still got plenty of work to do on it, but the basic shape is done. :)

Still, BAI is taking form. Watch out Tez Dharkan!

Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d1.png)
Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d3.png)
3rd time lucky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d2.png)

yeldar2097
11th September 2009, 01:15 PM
whoa whoa whoa!! hang on a second!!

that's your first sketchup attempt ever?!! :eek

I want what kyoto's drinking, seems to do the trick :g

Very tasty :+

love this thread...

ACE-FLO
11th September 2009, 01:25 PM
Still, BAI is taking form. Watch out Tez Dharkan!

TD-T is keeping a firm eye, peeled on your progress. Of this, you can be assured!!! Well done DJKyoto, the ship looks awesome mate! Look forward to racing BAI in the near future :)

billychanxtr33m
11th September 2009, 02:09 PM
:+ looking sketchup work djkyoto!
my sketchup work hasnt fared as well... it would be nice if i could just make a sphere

Lance
11th September 2009, 02:46 PM
"3rd time lucky": Pretty nifty luck. Good one.

d79 and Mu5: Thanks for your responses. I've seen quite a bit of non-engineering art done with Bryce that looked really really good.

ACE-FLO
11th September 2009, 03:57 PM
No.10978785737001/12BX1 "DataCast // AirLicker Group // Sponsorships

I am pleased to announce an affiliated sponsorship between AirLicker Group / A.L.T.E.R.N, who will be sponsoring the eco-friendly team IGLU and their revolutionary ICE-R ship. Currently, all logos and billbaord splashes are undergoing extensive proofing processes. Requests have been submitted via Mind Comm to elongate the front hull and nose of the ship to fit in with the FX350 leagues requirements.

As approved by the international Anti-Gravity board of Professionals (AGPX), the AirLicker Group, have agreed to loan technologies developed by A.L.T.E.R.N to team IGLU, for the upcoming FX350 season. We are confident that the weapons engagement systems employed in the ICE-R 001 through our sponsorship deal, will leave the competition a scrreaming "no fair" - oh, but it is fair... as mentioned above, it has all been APPROVED by AGPX.

The uniquely developed Reverse Polarity Lateral Stabilizer technology (patent protected / AirLicker Group) has also been donated, and re-fit to work in conjunction with the on-board MAGEC developed, Elevation-Kernel. The newly developed E-K device takes the guesswork out of cornering and allows the multiple Airbrakes on the ICE-R to work independent of humanoid input. Together, the Lateral Stabilizers (Reverse Polarity) and the E-K device ensure the ship stays off the walls! This is not the Pilot Assist feature as seen in previous seasons, but a more riskier offset solution. The implementation of the RPLS/E-K system reduces shield by 2.5% each time the system is employed. So largely, the pilot needs to do the work here, as under-par piloting can see the ship destroyed through its continual use of the RPLS/E-K system.

Further details to follow, pending approval.

_______

Tez Dharkan Technologies: Update!

Team testing in VR simulations is proving to be difficult at this time, our pilots are in huge competition with each other, that's me being modest. Truth be told, I thought, having two female pilots in the Tez team was going to be good thing, "girl power" and what not. But I was wrong, Preeti Roopa and Jade Alorea are chalk and cheese, they hate each other. I don't mind revealing that, as it is no secret.

During VR Simulations, Jade sabotaged Preeti's attempt at her Stratus 4 lap record by setting Preeti's hair on fire. This jealousy has really gone too far and I have been forced to ban Jade from Mount Everest HQ for a month. Preeti suffered no harm at all, save for a bruised ego... She is due to appear at a press conference in the near future, to reveal details of the developments from A.L.T.E.R.N, namely reporting back from the D79 wing of developments (composite testing). I know you are all anticipating the next revelations...

We also have a press report from Mr Mushashi Yamamoto, a journalist from Mind Comm, who communicated with Jade Alorea after her temporary dismissal from A.L.T.E.R.N HQ earlier this week. As follows:

Mr Yamamoto: "Jade, we hear disturbing rumours are circulating about whether you have been fired from Tez Dharkan, any truth in this?"

Jade Alorea: "Oi, fack off you silly wanker! You know what mate? Get this straight - the only firing that's ever gonna get done is when I'm sitting in the Tez, lining up my rockets for my competitions thrusters - ya getz meh? and let me put your moronic speculation to bed right here, right now - I've been suspended from active duties as 2nd Pilot due to a mishap at the VR Simulation bays ok? now f**** off and let me pass!"

Mr Yamamoto: "Jade, one more question, is it true that you have been baiting Preeti Roopa into a fight ever since you joined Team Tez Dharkan?"

Jade Alorea: "Oh you sly motherfukker! OK - listen up, here's the deal - I hate that bitch, it's no fukkin' secret - I got suspended coz I set her hair on fire - I know it seems childish - but the truth is this, I tried to kill her, I hate the bitch! I tried to set fire to her actually, but the bitch is full prosthetic - and modern prosthetics are fire retardent, so only a part of her hair caught fire. ACE saw everything and held me totally responsible, I'm not sure if I wanna be part of a team which doesnt recognize that I'm better than that bitch. SO there you have it Mr Yamamoto, I gotta go go!!! Laterz"

abukii
11th September 2009, 04:26 PM
@D79-- Lightwave is still around. The latest incantation is Lightwave 3-D. Pretty good program :)

mdhay
11th September 2009, 09:50 PM
I have just owned all of my previous work.:rock:rock (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1332)

And again... (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1333):rock

XpanDrome2097
11th September 2009, 11:09 PM
Ok, this is not my best project, but I will post it as the same (Veleno team is my favourite project)...

Team name - Blitzkrieg
Provenience - Liechtenstein
Name of the ship - Jawbreaker

FX500 Racing League - New team entry

Looks strange, but this can be described as a "strange fact" in the AG Racing history....this moment must be recorded in history, because the famous delivery system based on the anti-gravity ships, Blitzkrieg, makes its debut into the professional AG-Racing tournaments.
This looks strange, but this is the thruth.
But we have some doubts about the Blitzkrieg ship, probably because it have the slowest top speed ever, compared with other ships, Feisar included....and this is another strange notice....but the ship presents the best accelleration systems ever existed in the AG-Racing history and this a very positive point of this ship, called "Jawbreaker"....looks very strange that the ship it's only a classic (and famous) Blitzkrieg delivery ship, upgraded with the propulsion engine, a decent shield of protection and, naturally, the weapon system.
But after the pre-championship tests the ship represents, indeed, a surprise....in despite of its monstrous propulsion engine (only Goteki45 can be "sufficiently" compared with this blinding system, simply we can't believe at our eyes), the ship presents an excellent handling, that can make the difference in the strongest curves of every track....and another surprise is that its shield system is pretty decent!
What a strange surprise!!!!
Good luck!

Gustav Choppenswurt, founder of the AG-Racing Blitzkrieg team division:

"Yes, we're present, for this time we don't have any pack to to deliver, the only object at this time is the finishing line, only this.
We are the absolutely number ones in the global delivery AG-Ship delivery system, why we can't try to improve our job with a great object like this?
We have the best propulsion system ever created, and also our ship is one the most manovrable in history, what's the problem about our mission?
Our watchword must be: "Blitzkrieg: our destination will be our victory!"....
Great Cheers"

Ship model: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1335

Team Logo: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1336

Ok mates, this team presents two refers to 2 famous heavy metal bands: who are they :p?

P.S. It's not a great project, I know, in fact Veleno ship is my most important project :).

Whizzer The Hawk
11th September 2009, 11:29 PM
If anyone needs a person who is good at thinking up names or slogans, then I'm the guy for the job. ;)

ACE-FLO
12th September 2009, 03:09 PM
I have just owned all of my previous work.:rock:rock (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1332)

And again... (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1333):rock

You most certainly did own! The ZONE ships are making me drool :D

to anyone who hasn't seen Mdhay's work - you don't know what you're missing!

the man got mad skills! :rock

Venom: :D what a cool team! lol, totally unique from all others! :)

mdhay
12th September 2009, 03:13 PM
Heh, and Studio Liverpool used Maya...;)

XpanDrome2097
12th September 2009, 10:01 PM
Venom: :D what a cool team! lol, totally unique from all others! :)

Hi ACE! Thanks a lot! I feel very surprised, you have appreciated this strange idea :beer!

ACE-FLO
12th September 2009, 10:53 PM
@ Venom: The fact that your team is not making itself out to be a super bad a$$ mother is what endears it to my way of liking something. It's like an underdog - and everyone loves the underdog - we British are famous for it :D (England football results - gah!)

Team Tez Dharkan Datacast: 1087979587 X-Priority
: New Zone Ship for Tez Dharkan Technologies.

The AirLicker Group are pleased to announce that we have now completed all modifications to the Tez Dharkan Concept mk7. It has been approved for usage in ZONE class events and we shall be competing on all organized ranking ZONE events, in the near future.

Viewings of the Tez Dharkan Zone Ship can be viewed by clicking the following link http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5

Big thanks to the Co-Director of AirLicker Group, Mdhay - for all his time, effort and energies in undertaking this rather large responsibility! We at the AirLicker Group are very proud of his work!

Press Conference: Preeti Reports on new technological advancements

Excerpt:

"... and as you already know, I have been full prosthetic for over 7 years now. Ever since my accident I have had to endure a life of hardships, in and out of tech centers, having my legs and half my body replaced, followed by the rest of me. Seven years ago I had my last fitting, and I am now in this shell. However, it bodes well that I have studied Prosthetic technologies, Bioroid as well as cyborg technologies and advancements as what I'm about to reveal is groundbreaking for our universe of High Speed Anti Gravity Combat Racing!

There's no easy way of approaching this subject because it relates to a recent incident at our Everest research center. Yes, I'm referring to when Jade Alorea tried to set me on fire. You know, for the first time in my employment at AirLicker Group, I regretted the fact that AA Category AirLicker Group employees are above the law.

No - seriously, Jade may have had selfishly inspired intentions, but the outcome is something I can only thank her for. I cannot burn, prosthetic technology is made to be fireproof as we all know, hahhaha!... but this did lead to a conclusion on a rather mind boggling scientific problem which has been plaguing me for a while now. Let me explain.

Prosthetic Physicians and Engineers have been trying to find a link between the "ghost in the shell" for years now, what makes a persons spirit/soul/ghost adapt to a body not made of flesh and bone? How is the union achieved? Although this technology was manufactured via dubious means, we never understood how it worked so well. Yet it didn't stop us from questioning it - it was generally accepted to exist within society, and although lifespans are pre dictated dependant on model, we went out in search for these parts. Full Prosthetics are rare, I am one of only 43 people on the earth to be FP, I cannot reproduce, I do not eat meals, I have no need of sleep, but must be charged daily for 6 hours etc. However, in my quest to be accepted as normal I was still looking for answers. Answers to questions I guess no-one could answer, but only time would tell... Well, the day Jade tried her stunt, was my lucky day.

I sensed Jades intent before she even executed her plan to set me on fire. At the instant she fired the flare weapon, I had already spun the Vrrtual-Reality Cockpit 180degrees, and stepped out of the hatch. I sensed her intent!!! I didn't know I still had this ability, this 6th sense, after going full prosthetic.

Now here's the interesting part, after Jade's restrainment - She was told that she had burnt some of my hair and I had to be taken into observation. She was then suspended from all active duties with the Tez Dharkan and AirLicker Group respectively. I, however, was not in observation at all... well not in that sense anyway. I was fine, unscathed I think is the word.

But I couldn't think of anything else but the 6th sense thing - so I went to A.L.T.E.R.N and with section D79's help, I had my memory of the incident recorded, got placed in the "recall observation" machine, which makes FP's relive a certain experience whist under stasis - therefore being able to collect vital data on how certain actions were achieved. In my case, we monitored my synapse, and reflex connections - and we found something amazing. We found the 6th sense!!!

I am not at liberty to tell you any technical data regarding this for the time being, but what I can tell you is this - If a pilots sixth sense can tell him or her of a rivals intention to lock a missile onto his/her ship, that would give that pilot a real advantage! We are proud to announce that we are perfecting this technology and I will be the first to uitilize it on a conscious level. I hereby have an important announcement to make, I am retiring from my postion as first pilot for Team Tez Dharkan Technologies and am going to be working full time at A.L.T.E.R.N to ensure our this project goes where it needs to go!

So Jade, if you're watching this datacast, You can come back to Tez, and assume postion of pilot for the team... only now, you got what you always wanted, the no.1 slot!!!" - end of excerpt

djKyoto
14th September 2009, 05:08 AM
Oh hai guys.
New cockpit / Interior Shots (still a WIP but theres stuff in there now). You can see the main mechanisms to piloting the BAI craft using the 2 Multitudinal Controls.
Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d4.png)
Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d5.png)
Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d6.png)
Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d7.png)

And something for OBH. ;)
Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d8.png)

/bonus edit : New redesigned propulsion system. Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d9.png)
Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d10.png) / Click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d11.png)

:rock

abukii
14th September 2009, 11:14 AM
Wow. That is amazing, djKyoto!

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 03:28 PM
The cockpit is a bit meh to be honest. Think more jet airplane, not some kind of quad screen desktop pc setup.

djKyoto
15th September 2009, 02:01 AM
Working on it, it's just what I have for now.

djKyoto
15th September 2009, 06:28 AM
Just for you DR777, here you go. Still got to sort out stuff like the seat/harness etc.

Interior 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d12.png)
Interior 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d13.png)

Also more redesigned stuff (including GUNS! :rock). Might design a AG-S Engine through the transparent rear cover. Anyone know what they look like? :beer

Underside (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d14.png)
Front (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d15.png)
Rear 3/4 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d16.png)

Love feedback anytime, thanks. :nod

Mu5
15th September 2009, 07:14 AM
I have just owned all of my previous work. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1332)

That Zone ship is looking great mate. Im not sure about texture mapping in Sketchup, but if you applied some logos to the side of it, made the cockpit more realistic and smoothed out the front I think it would rock! :)

Great work :clap

mdhay
15th September 2009, 02:10 PM
That one is old - check the album.:D

Mu5
15th September 2009, 03:59 PM
Thats cool mate - I you texture mapped a bitmap to make it look like exposed engine parts/logos it would rock :)

If anyone needs a person who is good at thinking up names or slogans, then I'm the guy for the job. ;)

Nice one - fancy creating a name / back story for this (http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art/Triakis-Prototype-2X-137116711)?

I know its a bit triakis like, but I could change the colour scheme etc to create a new team :)

andy
15th September 2009, 04:24 PM
I saw a video on youtube of the wipeout dynamic skin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVk5cbf6CYY&feature=fvw and I was amazed by it - didn't know all those body panels could work like that and it never occurred to me.

Soooooo, I'm scrapping my fury ship. I think mine can be done much, much better - I didn't like the looks anyway - I started without a plan that time but I'll make sure I use one this time. Thought I'd let you guys know =]

+

Edit - threw something together on paint.net of the new fury craft

Mu5
15th September 2009, 06:17 PM
Cheers for the link - best thing Ive seen in a long time :D :+

Cool ship design also :+

mdhay
15th September 2009, 06:19 PM
Thats cool mate - I you texture mapped a bitmap to make it look like exposed engine parts/logos it would rock :)

I'm guessing you want it to look even more like the Zne ship on HD? :lol Stil going to do it though.;):D

yeldar2097
15th September 2009, 06:51 PM
Love feedback anytime, thanks. :nod

I LOVE the "how are you today?" in the cockpit :P

mdhay
15th September 2009, 07:05 PM
Ding! (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1362)

andy
15th September 2009, 10:41 PM
nice one mdhay :) something you might want to try is select the whole thing, right click and click on intersect with model - it just makes sure you don't have overlapping panels, making them easier to work with. :)

A little update, working my way up the craft in sketchup and everything is going fine. Using a proper reference is much easier and I can see I would have had a lot of headaches working this one out without one. The only problem is the colour scheme at the moment which is a bit dodgy but I'll sort that out later. Starting to look a bit menacing, :P much more in keeping with the original design too.

The last picture is tiny, dunno why and I'm sorry for that, but its got a gradient on it (again, very hard to see ¬.¬) to show which parts of the drawing will have the background showing through/aren't there (sorry if that's not very clear).

so yeah, thanks =]

Edit: one more to show it with the reference picture thing.

Mu5
15th September 2009, 11:10 PM
You are throwing great shapes Andy :D

I know it can be difficult modelling from one view - thats looking promising :+

Need help building a team / home circuit from New Zealand for FX-Custom League

I have got an idea for a track - all I need is the :

- ship design
- track name
- team logo
- pilot

The track is going to be kind of like Sol2 hovering over water.

Think Sol2 extended, long fast straight with tight corners. The track design will be looping / twisting, and be in a similar style to the one shown here (http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art/Feisar-Test-Facility-009a-129023955). It will dip in and out of the water through a glass tube (also in a tube underground where it meets an island). All this with lovely reflections from the sea, mirroring the track for that special effect :+

The story about the track is regarding the water rising in the future when the ice caps melt. There are only small islands with cool buildings with similar architecture to those seen in Sol2 . I was thinking at places where the track meets the sea having sprays coming up from the water if you are flying past at 1000 kph :D

The track is current work in progress - it would be really good to finish off some renders with a cool ship and logo :) :+

ACE-FLO
16th September 2009, 12:48 AM
Andy you are rocking mate ... the GEIST is coming along nicely!

Mu5 - hats off to your idea for an underwater track section! I loved the underwater tunnels in Fusion - and wondered why this theme never migrated to future releases.

Though the idea itself isn't original, I anticipate the differences you aim to highlight in your version of an underwater track. :) You can even call it "Hydropia" - I'm quite pleased with that name :rock ...

... and yeah, about time you bought a team to the table dude! :D

DJKyoto: Mate, the cockpit has some nice touches mate... loving that! :)

Also, the AirLicker Group will be making a very important announcement soon. Something which I hope will have all team creators/contributors, working and bouncing ideas off eachother, in true wipEout unity!

Watch this sp-ace! :rock

djKyoto
16th September 2009, 06:57 AM
Drinks up Yeldar (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d17.png) :beer

Yours looks really cool andy. Not sure if you would call my design generic or not.

designer_79
16th September 2009, 07:31 AM
@ DjKyoto, the can holder in the cockpit must be the coolest detail ever included in an AG-ship :D !! not sure though when the pilot is gonna find the necessary milliseconds to have a sip out of it.

Tez Dharkan team announcement:

- A.L.T.E.R.N. Datacast 23970918-1440 -

Finally the production facility is up and running ... due to an attempt of sabotage at our HQ by a yet unknown team or organisation, the production of the first Tez-D prototype got delayed ... Step 1: we forged the underbody of the ship to include the deadly proton weapon bays and our unique targeting and particle overdrive computer / generator.

The A.L.T.E.R.N R&D Section D79 would be pleased sharing some of the insider information about the modelling techniques and general knowledge of the virtual 3D workspace to selected subscribers of this datacast. You will be able to follow a step by step description of the Tez-D production, get insight in basic concepts of 3d modelling and be invited to ask any questions.

ACE-FLO our esteemed chairman will announce details on this topic here soon.

With greetings from A.L.T.E.R.N HQ, Mt. Everest
D79 co-director, head of R&D

- Datacast end -

Mu5
16th September 2009, 07:38 AM
Looks cool mate - Nice detail on the side :+ Did you you draw the front view? Just wondering what it looks like head-on :)

designer_79
16th September 2009, 07:42 AM
Mu5 mate, no ... haven't drawn the front view yet because so far the basic modelling works well with just side and top view. But I'll do that soon, and to answer your question from earlier ... yes I will do it with old school construction / projecton technique :D . Honestly, my feeling about the front view is not a good one I sense there might be some proportion issues: The Tez could end up looking too 'flat'.

XpanDrome2097
16th September 2009, 12:09 PM
designer_79, amazing, absolutely amazing :beer:rock!

Mu5
16th September 2009, 04:24 PM
Cool mate - It looks great, cant wait to see more :) :+

mdhay
16th September 2009, 04:45 PM
@ DjKyoto, the can holder in the cockpit must be the coolest detail ever included in an AG-ship :D !! not sure though when the pilot is gonna find the necessary milliseconds to have a sip out of it...

Bendy straws??:lol

ACE-FLO
16th September 2009, 04:47 PM
As mentioned previously, A.L.T.E.R.N have extended their hand in friendship for the mutual benefit of all who have contributed to this thread so far. I have created a new social group in the social groups section, please go and view it. In any case, I have sent out invites to this group to all who have contributed here also. If I have missed someone, I apologize as it was really late when I was sending the invites out.

Here is the text from the groups intro:

"UNDER CONSTRUCTION"

Learn how to design and develop New ships, Technologies, Track design, Q/A. Find links to useful software and tutorials/guides for these!

Learn/Share/Bounce/Brainstorm

If you ever felt like giving something back to the world of wipEout - here's where you need to be!

Ace, Founder and Chairman - The AirLicker Group.

Co-Directors: Designer_79 / Mdhay
Affiliates of AirLicker Group: Kyonshi / djKyoto / Haywire_Guy

Most Wanted Members: Sumimasen / Mu5

Lance
16th September 2009, 04:47 PM
Bendy straws??:lol

Built into the helmet. It's already done for astronauts. Dunno about military aircraft pilots.

mdhay
16th September 2009, 04:52 PM
They've got that big one.:g

andy
16th September 2009, 07:33 PM
Riiight. Much better, much clearer pictures this time. I'm still not 100% on the colour scheme, but its much better than before. It's starting to take shape now and I'm feeling quite happy with it. :)

djKyoto
16th September 2009, 11:23 PM
That looks so cool :rock

Mine needs some serious modifications now. :nod

designer_79
17th September 2009, 09:10 AM
Fellow pilots , I am gonna give you the updates on the modelling process regularely now. This could be beneficial for both sides: For you because it will be almost like a step by step guide to give some insight into the modelling techniques (an even more detailed process will be posted in the A.L.T.E.R.N. social groups discussion board that should have tutorial character) and for me because I hope to get critical feedback wich might help avoiding general mistakes regarding the basic DNA of an AG-ship ... so here we go: 2nd step in the Tez-D modelling process

- added the AG-pads under the 'knee' of the Tez, the glowing effect is not an effect added in Photoshop, most 3D programs allow to generate a glowing or illuminated material
- removed the strange looking pipes behind the targeting computer, gonna replace that in the next step with more detailed wiring / tubing because supposedly the energy needs to be distributed to the AG-pads and to the computer system simultaneously ---> some connection between those area is needed. still haven't found a easy way to model realistic 'not too rigid' looking tubes.

stay tuned, D79

Mu5
17th September 2009, 03:56 PM
Cool :)

Ive done a couple of new renders with some speed blur effects. Im going to lose the shiny triakis feel and create a new team for the cobra ship - Anyone got any ideas for a colour scheme? I need to stop being lazy and go back to texturing logos and scratches etc :beer

ACE-FLO
17th September 2009, 04:55 PM
Damn - that ship looks tasty Mu5 - and your Zero_Gravity Corporation is pretty cool mate!!!

Mu5
17th September 2009, 06:03 PM
Cheers :beer

I made a schoolboy error on the second render :) I will fix it later - Im away to the pub :D

mdhay
17th September 2009, 06:14 PM
To the Mu5mobile! :g

andy
17th September 2009, 07:04 PM
little update, cockpit added. :)

Mu5
17th September 2009, 10:06 PM
looks sweet mate :D

djKyoto
18th September 2009, 02:38 AM
Hey guys, Major update. Finally ditched my bland as cockpit exterior and reoverhalled it. Now it finally looks like a proper true WipEout craft, so sleek and aggresive looking. Bit more interior fidding around also (fire/absorb triggers making an apparence) Really happy with it. Also modified the wings and undercarrage a bit more and added some large rear stablizer fins (in classic hexagonal wipeout shape and to give the craft a bit more 'depth'), which also houses a couple of missles (one's for you OBH ;)). Random curve lines are just preparing it for a paint job. At this point the Design has now reached the 'Mk III phase'.

Sexy Cockpit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d20.png)
More interior nonsense (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d21.png)
Back end of the business (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d22.png)
BIA GT-RX F5000 MKIII Overall shot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d23.png)

Have a album on my profile now, bit i'll still post them here. :beer

yeldar2097
18th September 2009, 02:43 AM
But it's not asking me how I'm feeling anymore... :P

Nice work djk :+

ACE-FLO
18th September 2009, 02:49 AM
Andy, it all makes perfect sense now! What a unique design - full respect to your vision mate!

Ok, Raw Power, Unrivalled Agility, Brute Strength and Flawless Finesse - I'm talking Tiger Style... The Tez Dharkan Technologies are uniquely engineered to stringent specification. Some of us want to know what these technologies involve, so in the near future I plan on revealing tech data on our patented 'SuperLights Composite Technology' in the A.L.T.E.R.N group. I hope others will follow suit and share also!

djKyoto - WOW! :rock... see you on track Mr BoostAkira Industries! :) Damn! your ship is looking amazing man! :)