PDA

View Full Version : Imagine a new WipEout team....

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Mu5
18th September 2009, 06:13 AM
To the Mu5mobile! :g

lol :beer Cheers!

XpanDrome2097
18th September 2009, 08:56 AM
Ehy wonderful models mates! This thread rules :clap!
I feel surprised....this thread was started as a unserious topic, and now is full of creativity!YEAH :)!

Veleno Technologies - NEWS UPDATE: READ WITH CAUTION!

The recently founded AG Racing team Veleno Technologies, probably will never release a definitive ship with "Veleno" team name.
The Veleno name remains, but only as a AG researches laboratory that will create the propulsion system of the defintive ship.
Some young Veleno supporers says: "We're worry for this....".
This is the answer of Giulio Galletti about this:

Giulio Galletti:

"Hello mates! Am Giulio Galletti, from the elaboration center of Veleno AG Center.
After two prototype models, now we're working at the new definitive model of the ship. I know that some Veleno supporters are still sad for the strange notice....the Veleno initials will never appears again in our history, for the good name of the AG-Racing league...don't worry about us! One month ago I was invited at the AG-Researches laboratory Magmatech, situated in Sicily, into a volcano and, guys, I was impressed by the quality of their researches and extraordinaty resources about the AG-Racing technology. Since my first visit in their laboratories I have decided to start a definitve collaboration with them, and also for my great expectations about them I have decided to change the definitve team name.
From now we don't wanna have any "Vendetta" against anyone, the relations with Feisar from this moment will be adjusted, and we wanna be friends and in peace with every team of the planet, this is the main reason that make me suspend the "Veleno" and "Vendetta" names.
I can say only a good news about the new team, the first and the last letters of trhe team will remains "V" and "O"....but for now I can say only this, ehehehe!
I hope that this will help you to believe again in our force."

Guilio Galletti.

Now, the team and the ship name remains unknown, but we're still waiting for a great notice.

Mu5
18th September 2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks to you :)

You created a great thread mate congrats :clap

yeldar2097
18th September 2009, 09:55 AM
Is this a....ehm, stupid....thread :lol?

I hope you've re-thought that question after reading through 26 pages of awesome :P

designer_79
18th September 2009, 11:20 AM
It's pure creative force unleashed with the power of a hurricane onto the wipeoutzone ... keep going guys.

@ DjK: you are quite the speed modeller , and with amazing outputs!!

@ Mu5: I invented the term 'cyber camouflage' for the painting scheme of the Tez , maybe that's something that could stimulate your idea for the painting of the Cobra Triakis (though I have NO idea what it ACTUALLY is ;) )

@ Venom: another thank you for this thread , it's inspiring anyone!! And let me know about the ideas for the latest yet unknown ship, guess after doing the Tez I would be honored to lend you a helping modelling hand

@ Ace, you created just the right group for all of us 'artsies' ;)

Happy to be a member of this community , D79

Mu5
18th September 2009, 01:11 PM
Cyber camoflage sounds cool mate! OK, it is in the pipleline :D

I think im going to try a 'dark triakis' first before I UV it - perhaps hang some missiles off it :)

@Venom : I will build your Veleno ship for you mate, as thanks for a great thread! :beer

Ive been experimenting, trying to get the sensation of speed...

Cobra Triakis 'Hardcore'

ACE-FLO
18th September 2009, 05:04 PM
@Mu5: Try blurring objects around the ship a bit more, as this will give the impression of camera movement, which is altogether a lot more realistic, But not a bad effort Mu5.

@Venom - VictoriO??? lol - whatever it is, I commend you on your ability to change the direction of your team from Vengeance happy - to just happy to be happy... Pretty cool imo! Guilio Galletti has a lot of confidence in the future! And now with Mu5 offering to help you with the ship, hey - big things are happening for you! Well done!

Designer_79, Cyber-Camoflage... ok, here it is. Cyber Camo is a relatively simple technology which incorporates the use of nano cameras. Basically, If a wall is fitted with millions of tiny cameras, each one recording the image it sees, then projecting that image from the back of the wall, someone standing on the other side of the wall (the side where the image is displayed/projected) - would look but see no wall - therefore the wall would in effect be camoflaged... at best it would seem that the wall was "see through" !

The first time I heard of this technology was in the game series of Metal Gear - Snakes' Stealth suit employs this very same technology.

I have suggested its implementation into future craft composites, but for now this technology is speculated to be a possible new activated pickup from the weapons pads of the FX500. The last time this technology was used in the world of Wipeout was in the F9000 (fusion) league... After which it was outlawed. However, we're talking FX450/500 seasons now and things are not what they used to be; there are rumours circulating that the weapon pads, will enable ships with this technology to engage the "Stealth" (Cyber-Camo) weapon for a period of 5 seconds during races.

Details of the cyber-camo are being held back by AirLicker Group as we havent to date managed to make this technology lighter, and if incorporated into the Tez, will increase ship weight by 21.9% - we don't believe the ends justify the means, not yet... but we are working on this technology which is wholly owned by AirLicker Group post the F9000 leagues dispersal.

And, thanks Designer_79, I wouldnt have made the group if there wasn't sufficient reason to do so. I can hereby confirm that more teams will be entering the various AG seasons, I have had a lot of very positive feedback regarding A.L.T.E.R.N and members of this site have expressed an interest in developing their own model/ships. I say "Let's be Friends"... the tutorials in the group ensure that help is readily available for members of A.L.T.E.R.N social group. And help is always available... Peace to all,

Ace - AirLicker Group! :rock

Mu5
18th September 2009, 06:43 PM
Your right, here is a better effort this time. I tried to add some blurrage in and around the ship as well.

'Shoot the core'

ACE-FLO
18th September 2009, 09:08 PM
Man, it looks good!!! :) The Triakis is looking sleek!!! :rock

Mu5
18th September 2009, 10:18 PM
Cheers :beer

You were right - much more blur was needed! :D

Danger Ahead

XpanDrome2097
18th September 2009, 10:22 PM
Hey mates thanks to all, I appreciate all this enthusiastic tone from everyone of you, you make me feel very embarassed :beer :redface:!
I'll say it again: thanks to all :).

The new team/ship ehehehehe....only a bit of time again, and the definitive model of the italian ship will be definitvely released! Only a bit of time mates :).
But the stats, the model and the name of the new team from the Veleno AG Evaluation Center (from now Veleno will be only the title of the laboratories of Giulio Galletti about the AG-propulsion researches) will be unknown until the definitive release.

Thanks again ;):rock.

necrith
19th September 2009, 07:42 AM
I always liked making abstract names.
Here is something I made, feel free to edit it of course.
It's a first attempt for a team, it's not nearly as good as you guys are making, but there is a start :)

SAGER
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/307/sager.jpg
first idea was to make the sages, but the S and E made nice <R> so, i went with that ^^

KYRATH (driver)
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1069/kyrath.jpg

Speed 8.5
Thrust 7.0
Handling 9
Shield 2
Weight 2.5

Mu5
19th September 2009, 07:43 AM
Nice font mate :+ You need to get onto Fontstruct (http://fontstruct.fontshop.com/) and make that into a TTF ;)

@Venom : Look forward to seeing your new ship mate :)

Mega

ACE-FLO
19th September 2009, 10:34 AM
Necrith, Welcome to the zone! :) Your first post - and it's in this thread! Excellent, we look forward to developments with your team.

XpanDrome2097
19th September 2009, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the zone mate!
Very great idea to introduce yourself in this topic, welcome :beer!

billychanxtr33m
19th September 2009, 03:58 PM
font looks great necrith :+ btw thanks for that tip on fontstruct mu5, im totally gonna give that a whirl later

Mu5
19th September 2009, 04:54 PM
No worries m8 - Its great Im sure you will enjoy it :beer

It was Nathan Coldecott (http://nathancaldecott.deviantart.com/) that introduced me to it. Ive been loving his HD font its great :+

XpanDrome2097
20th September 2009, 12:58 PM
Mu5, your model ship is too much better than the original Triakis ship, and when am saying this am serious :+.
You model is very futuristic.

Mu5
20th September 2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks mate I appreciate it! :D :+

Ive got to give credit to Jan for drawing it - I love the design :)

Ive been trying to think of a story behind this 'Dark Triakis'. Im thinking along the lines of it used to be a drone i.e piloted by computer, as it was too fast for a human to pilot (until of course, someone opens it up and installs a cockpit and flight controls ;) )

Im going to render a few of these on-track when I complete the 'Triakis Test Facility' :+

Dark Triakis vs Feisar

Lance
20th September 2009, 03:56 PM
Re: DarkTriakis > oooo... how very nicely wicked.

billychanxtr33m
20th September 2009, 05:49 PM
what are you rendering those 3d pics in mu5? they look amazing :+

andy
20th September 2009, 08:33 PM
great models mu5 :D

my model is really starting to take shape now, I've got the main back wings on and an engine. :)

ACE-FLO
20th September 2009, 08:58 PM
Awesome, watching GEIST develop into the superbly designed ship it is in the pics above, has been a fun ride, Andy - the design is refreshingly different. I'd like for you to explain where weapons are shot from, Air brakes are, etc... I'm quite a fan of team GEIST tbh. :rock

slimjim
20th September 2009, 09:14 PM
wow that ship looks great good work

Motorsagmannen
20th September 2009, 09:34 PM
geist=awesome
loooking good andy :+

Mu5
20th September 2009, 10:30 PM
@Andy - Thats looking great :beer Respect mate :+

@Billy - Im using Luxology Modo 302, there is tutorial links of my DA Journal if your interested

Im back building track segments - progress is slow, but liking the effects.

Triakis Test Facility 01

slimjim
20th September 2009, 10:38 PM
wow thats good too how long does it take to do your tracks

andy
20th September 2009, 11:24 PM
thanks guys :D. that track looks excellent mu5 - nice and shiny.

I can probably finish mine off tomorrow but I'm too tired now. :P

Got a picture which I've annotated with some stuff for ace-flo.

Some of the stuff probably isn't clear and is gonna be on a smaller resolution on the attachment so I'll talk through what it says on here too.

The back panels have airbreaks that pops up to create a bag or pocket which would be hydraulically opened and closed, to trap air in. Gills would be inside, at the bottom of the pocket to bleed air out enabling quicker closing, as well as directing air inwards to create turning force.

Variable geometry used wherever possible on almost all panels to create the cleanest cut of air for straights or corners. Panels direct air downwards and create uplift so the AG unit can work less at high speeds, and this freed up energy can be spent on the engine, shield, energy weapons or other moving parts.

Some panels in wings can unlock and channel air like rudders.

Flaps on the front wings can aid cornering.

Forgot to mention that there is a huge air break / scoop underneath the front segment for heavy airbreaking.

The main body is wrapped in a special rubberised fabric to reduce air resistance and reduces stress on internal parts.

The main body also has a spine with ball sockets and joints which allows the body to flex and change shape to aid cornering and pitch control.

The engine is force vectoring and the cockpit is stronger than average.

Weapons are stored internally behind panels underneath the craft.

Green paints glows in the dark. :)

hope that makes sense

there you go ace =]

Mu5
20th September 2009, 11:57 PM
Great work - Andy Love the cockpit, texture mapping overall design :beer :+

@SlimJim - That render took 2 hours today. Ive lost count of the amount of hours it took to create though, including the ships :)

ACE-FLO
21st September 2009, 12:32 AM
Andy, nice technology! pocket air brakes man! :D That's remarkable. The pic is plenty clear!

Slimjim: How you getting along in SketchUp?

slimjim
21st September 2009, 12:49 AM
its plodding along xD im still learning the tools that i need and what they do

Mu5
21st September 2009, 01:37 AM
More triakis test track...

Motorsagmannen
21st September 2009, 01:54 AM
whoa those aussies sure have a nifty test facility... lucky bastards :P

djKyoto
21st September 2009, 01:55 AM
That is totally kick ass Andy.

Makes mine looks generic. :p But then it is a more traditional design.

Mu5
21st September 2009, 09:12 AM
Andy, cant wait until you put more detail in the engine - I would love to see some boost power coming out the back as well ;) :+

If anyone fancies attempting a logo/back story for 'Dark Triakis' or 'Triakis Test Facility' I would love it see it :D

Ive added the final touches -hope you guys like it :beer

TTF 04a

mdhay
21st September 2009, 09:46 AM
:o:o:o :clap

ACE-FLO
21st September 2009, 12:21 PM
Mu5: Very professional and visually compelling work mate! ;) Are there plans to animate a short racing sequence? I know it involves a tremendous amount of work, but it is something I think your designs are worthy of! It would look too awesome - the Triakis and the Feisar gunning eachother for position!

Haywire_Guy
21st September 2009, 01:19 PM
Holy macaroni that craft looks EPIC... only thing is that i thought the original dual contrails looked really cool (esp in motion), but then i remembered that no wipeout craft in existence had dual contrails, so i guess itd seem more realistic.

On a side note any idea where the new research facility is based? Itd be nice to fantasize having a cybernetic testing facility situated in future sydney =P.

XpanDrome2097
21st September 2009, 02:04 PM
andy: your team project is absolutely excellent, the green/black contrast looks awesome, and the ship design is one of the best positive points about it (for me it looks like a midway between Feisar and Icaras), it's very unique under this point fo view and if you look it with more attention....it can says "drive me" at your eyes :p.
AWESOME WORK mate :clap!

Mu5: the beautiful track of your project for me looks like a re-interpretation of Talons Reach....I don't know the reason, but it makes me this effect, am 'so mad :robot?

VELENO Researching - NEWS UPDATE

Giulio Galletti: "C'mon guys! In the next days we will reveal some important details about the ship model created in our Magmatech Laboratories and, naturally, the name of the team that we have created to celebrate our powerful collaboration. Stay connected and sweet cheers for all!"

ACE-FLO
21st September 2009, 02:25 PM
DjKyoto: Have you thought about what colour / texture schemes you will be using? I'm totally waiting for that!

The BoostAkira would look too damn good with those complete, maybe even all logo'd up? with sponsorships? :) :rock

Lance
21st September 2009, 02:43 PM
Once there was a nameless evil who hid from the light. In his secret underground lair, his minions worked with inhuman tirelessness to perfect technology unknown to the forces of good. At last the evil one was ready to begin his war against the world. He started in the most seemingly innocent way by investing in a type of human entertainment, a racing league. He infiltrated one of the teams and built into its products his technology of evil. The team became... Dark Triakis. muahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

haaaaaaa

ACE-FLO
21st September 2009, 02:51 PM
Sounds like the intro to an anime! :rock :D

andy
21st September 2009, 05:11 PM
I think I'm going to finish on this, :). The first two are hidden line pictures to show the craft with no livery, while the last 3 have liveries.

I had some pictures of 2 on a red track, but the upload decided it would jpeg itself up bad. :P

I think I'll draw up some pilots or something too.

http://www.2shared.com/file/7951635/e6d6638a/geist.html - sketchup file - 6,385 KB

:)

billychanxtr33m
21st September 2009, 06:12 PM
that geist ship is starting to look really good :+

Mu5
21st September 2009, 07:32 PM
@MDHay : Thanks mate :D

@AceFlo : Yeah for sure- The main thing holding it back is processing power. At HD resolution it is taking up to 40 minutes to output a single frame on my dual core laptop. I need some serious processing power. I had some great ideas when TTF 4a (http://ringospoon.deviantart.com/art/Triakis-Test-Facility-04a-137739982) came into fruition this morning...A huge spiralling track with about 20 Dark Triakis racing about,lol. The next animation in the works is the Dark Triakis at a standstill first - just hovering on air..then boosting off :+

Even this animation (http://www.youtube.com/user/RingoSpoon#play/uploads/1/AxMcM2Wtrsg) took quite a while to render, and its pretty short. Im thinking also how to do a boost effect, as this is new territory :)

@Haywire : Great story and nice work :+ I posted it up on my journal in DA and gave you a mention - Do you want a link on it to point somewhere specific?

@Venom - Nice idea! I need to get some screenshots of structures/bends from Talons Reach. :) :+

@Lance - LOL, sets a great tone..it will be transferred into the story somehow :D

@Andy : Thats looking great :clap

Dark Triakis - Part One
by Haywire_Guy (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=5088)

During the abolishment of the workers union act in 2425 the employment climate of the vast island nation was in disrepair. Arid sandstorms and barren wastelands had battered much of the Western coastline due to rampant industrialisation and pollution, causing much of its small population to leave in the millions. By 2400 it had the population of only 15 million.

Shops were closing, major corporations were moving off Australia’s shores, and it was joining the list of Industrial failures of the 24th century. Of course the Australian AG racing league was in huge financial debt having, having sacked over 75% of its employees in an effort to cut costs.

But just as the Macross Rockwell was about to dissolve the iconic Racing team indefinitely, a bid was offered that was impossible to refuse. Unknown to its implications of control over the company Mr. Rockwell hastily signed the holo-contract in a last ditch to save the dwindling company. It was later known that the contractors was a private metal ore and Fibresteel manufacturer, selling various minerals and metals to various nations at a fraction of the price.

Team Triakis were ordered to test a newly developed armour created by these “contractors”. It was said to be the equivalent of “hardened shadows” and was purported be stronger than Fibresteel, lighter than Whitegrain. Under orders Team Triakis implemented this newly created metal into future craft designs in an attempt to test it out in the modern worlds most brutal environment: The AG race track. In no less than a decade, showing the new, swifter face of the great Aussie outback, the Dark Triakis prototype RX001 was born.

Dark Triakis vs Feisar 02

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd September 2009, 11:51 AM
If I made a new team, they'd be called Quickfire.

SPEED: 8/10
HANDLING: 9/10
THRUST: 9/10
SHIELD: 6/10

mdhay
22nd September 2009, 12:48 PM
its plodding along xD im still learning the tools that i need and what they do

I'd do more on that tutorial, but I can't right now.

Lance
22nd September 2009, 02:27 PM
If I designed a new team ship, it would have:

Shield ----- 2/10
Speed ----- 10/10
Handling --- 6/10
Thrust ---- 10/10

If there were a points scale that had to be matched, then I would up the shield to the required level, but leave everything else untouched. The idea is to max speed and acceleration through lightness, and to keep handling stable and aerodynamic resistance low by keeping control surfaces small, and "all-flying", which means that the entire control surface moves on a pivot and is fully streamlined. Only exception to that would be 'vertically' symmetrical airbrakes.

slimjim
23rd September 2009, 01:51 AM
@mdhay no need to do that ill just spend some time messing around with the tools other wise ill never kearn:P:P

ACE-FLO
23rd September 2009, 02:03 AM
:rock Lance - I hopE you're itching to gift us zoners with a cool backstory for your team! Love the ship synopsis, well thought out! I'm sure others feel the same. We'd love to see a ship design in development :) naturally, A.L.T.E.R.N facilities are there for members to utilise. More tutorials will be up there soon. So, yeah! Say 'yes, i'll write the story and design the ship' - this would be awesome! :)

[peepz - the dot represents - respect the "."] ;)

Lance
23rd September 2009, 02:28 AM
I might very well do a back story, but no promises. Doing the graphics might be beyond me. So dEFinitely no promises there. [not to mention there is always my sheer laziness to consider. :g ]

I suspect that my team's racecraft would look suspiciously like the one in my avatar, slim, sleek, light, and with a honkin huge thruster!

djKyoto
24th September 2009, 07:48 AM
Oh hey going on in here guyz.

Crappy BAI renders (http://dj-takahashi.deviantart.com/art/BoostaKira-WipEout-Craft-138058432) :rock

ACE-FLO
24th September 2009, 10:47 AM
djKyoto - the BAI ship is looking ready to go on track mate :) Totally love the colours you used (I'm an AG-SYS monkey) and you can't call it crappy rendering dude, it looks pretty cool imo!

Lance, awaiting the team backstory :)

Lance
24th September 2009, 12:38 PM
Don't get your knickers in a twist, coz it could take months before I get round to it if ever. I am totally undisciplined as a writer [and as a lot of other things], very impulsive.

Mu5
24th September 2009, 02:11 PM
I tried to add some elements into Haywires Dark Triakis story last night, and it wasn't easy :) This is definately work in progress - I could not help myself from changing it around..... constantly.

It rains a lot in Australia in 2425 :)

Lance
24th September 2009, 04:18 PM
The story has some logic breaks, so introducing new material needs to address that to produce a continuous integrated sequence of "fact".

---------

Won't the aboriginals and other interested beings be concerned that the all that rain may wash away some of the relics of their history and dreamtime?

abukii
24th September 2009, 05:03 PM
@Mu5: Those pictures are excellent. I especially like the second one.:+

Mu5
24th September 2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks mate, I appreciate it :) :+ You can get full-size images here (http://ringospoon.deviantart.com)

@Lance : Your right - you really need to sort a sequential set of events.

As for the Moari people - they are ok :D There are some parts of New Zealand above the sea level in 2425, where as Australia is competely engulfed under water. I just checked and there is around a thousand metre difference in highest points :)

KIGO1987
24th September 2009, 10:24 PM
Moari people??? WTF

Who the **** are Moari people?

Im going to have to call up the Noongar patrol and ask them who are these people? :D

Dark_Phantom_89
24th September 2009, 10:34 PM
If there were a points scale that had to be matched, then I would up the shield to the required level

I think the points value is 32 as far as I can remember

Kyonshi
25th September 2009, 01:23 AM
(Excerpt from the Tribune de la République Québécoise, 24 septembre 2202. English version will follow.)

Nouvelle identité et nouvelle équipe chez Harfang Technologies

Dans un impressionnant remaniement de son personnel de la Section Recherche et Développement d'Harfang Technologies, le PDG Daniel Rondeau a voulu rassurer ses investisseurs et justifier le long hiatus de la corporation au niveau du développement du Rapace 1.

"Kyon Chi Seung est désormais * la tête de la Section Recherche et Développement. Il remplace donc l'ancien directeur Sam Tantpa conséquemment * son organisation contre-productive quant * la mise en chantier du Rapace 1. Afin de promouvoir l'intention d'Harfang Technologies d'atteindre les objectifs visés et de devenir la prochaine écurie championne du monde de la série FX-500, une nouvelle identité visuelle et un tout nouveau design officiel et approuvé, la Tempête Blanche ou White Storm, seront dévoilés devant vous. Il a été redessiné pour pouvoir se conformer aux nouveaux standards de courses AG de classe Fury. Nous avons aussi fusionné les traditionnels châssis en pointe de flèche et double-coque pour obtenir le meilleur de la performance aérodynamique de ces deux habitacles. Les traits et courbes de la Tempête Blanche diffère du design aggressif des autres vaisseaux de classe Fury par leur conception affinée pour un rendement phénoménal au niveau de la poussée et du contrôle.

De plus, une approche de partenariat de recherche avec les dirigeants d'A.L.T.E.R.N. a été mise sur table. Nous espérons donc les accueillir dans notre progression vers un brillant futur comme ils le feront pour nous avec les meilleures intentions."

New identity and new team at Harfang Technologies

In an impressive reworking of his staff of the Research and Development Section of Harfang Technologies, CEO Daniel Rondeau wanted to reassure his investors and justify the long hiatus of the corporation in the development of Rapace 1.

"Kyon Chi Seung is now Head of Research and Development Section. He replaces former director, Sam Tantpa, consequently to his counter-productive management in the construction of the Rapace 1. To promote the intent of Harfang Technologies to achieve its objectives and to become the next world champion team in the FX-500 series, a new visual identity and brand new, officially approved ship design, the White Storm (from french Tempête Blanche), will be unveiled before you. It has been redesigned in order to comply with new AG racing standards of Fury Class.
We also merged the traditional arrowhead and double-hull frames to get the best aerodynamic performance of the two cockpits. The lines and curves of the White Storm differs from the aggressive design of other Fury Class ships by a refined design to yield a phenomenal level of thrust and control.

In addition, a partnership approach with A.L.T.E.R.N. research leaders was put on the table. We therefore hope to welcome them in our progress towards a bright future as they will for us with the best intentions. "

djKyoto
25th September 2009, 02:54 AM
Moari people??? WTF

Who the **** are Moari people?

Im going to have to call up the Noongar patrol and ask them who are these people? :D

They're basically the Aborigines of NZ. Natives. Don't be so quick with your words Kigo.

Unless you're just taking the piss, then I dunno. lol

ACE-FLO
25th September 2009, 03:28 AM
Kyonsh, as a valued member of the AirLicker Group Enterprising Research Network, you have our support :)

The new chassis and hull do indeed look much improved upon; the craft is most definitely stunning by design, I must say!

I'm glad the team at Harfang have managed to work on revolutionising thrust/control combination technology. This will most definitely help the White Storm craft in getting out of corners quite rapidly. Very Useful.

Let's see where this goes, it looks promising!

Very promising:rock

Mu5
25th September 2009, 03:47 AM
Kyonshi - that ship rocks mate :) Great lines :+

I thought it was so good, I thought I would edit it while my new youtube vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9L9BsnleU) was uploading - I had to see what it looked like with the cockpit slightly modified - hope you dont mind :+

Thumbnail image removed on request from Kyonshi

ACE-FLO
25th September 2009, 04:15 AM
Mu5, cool vid? I haven't seen it yet, but will tomorrow. It's 5am here at AirLicker HQ London, and I need to catch some Zzzz :D

I think Kyonshi placed the C-pit centrally to enable a better sense of balance/lateral stability, but I could be wrong.

Another thing, my team at A.L.T.E.R.N noticed that your reworking of the White Storm is not equalateral - a simple edit could fix that, I'm sure! Nice attempt at re-modifying though!

Mu5
25th September 2009, 04:24 AM
Yeah I know its not perfect ;) it was just a quick edit I done in 8 mins while my vid was processing. Had to see what it looked like with a bit more detail :D :+

Hope you like it Kyonshi, and lm looking forward to more pics ;)

ACE-FLO
25th September 2009, 04:36 AM
8mins? :D you work fast, I give you that ;) shouldn't take a minute for you to get it fixed then should it? ;) :D

Mu5
25th September 2009, 04:38 AM
LOL :D

I seen what it looked like with the cockpit reversed..........Job done! :beer heh

Oh and Kyonshi - I done the edits before reading D79's comments on your page :D

Anyway - here is the vid incase you missed it .....

Building the Triakis Test Facility - TTF ONE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9L9BsnleU)

It shows the process of how I started with a single track, to the finished scene at the end. This is part one in a series :) :+

@Kyonshi - Ah, I read that you were going for the look of an Owl? Nice one :+

designer_79
25th September 2009, 05:31 AM
Hehe Mu5 , mate
We definitely think in similar ways , yeah personally I like the c'pit much better this way, though I guess it's a bit against Kyonshi's initial concept to base his ship design upon a bird of prey (the snow owl) so I guess that's why he always placed the c'pit far front, like a bird's head.

Btw real life was a bit harsh on me the last week(s), so there was absolutely no progress on the Tez modelling (guess I am the total opposite of Mu5-on-speed , ah sorry ''speed-modeller Mu5'' :) ) This will change next week, when I can finally enjoy 10 days of holidays :+ so stay tuned for news from the A.L.T.E.R.N. core team

KIGO1987
25th September 2009, 06:30 AM
They're basically the Aborigines of NZ. Natives. Don't be so quick with your words Kigo.

Unless you're just taking the piss, then I dunno. lol

Thank you kyoto for your correction, ill take that in mind when im having a slash :D

Mu5
25th September 2009, 12:48 PM
@D79 : It was funny that after I done the edits I went to leave a message on Kyonshi's page and seen your comments about the cockpit position, which is exactly what I was thinking :) I think to definately give it the Wipeout feel the cockpit has to be at the back :+

Hope its all good and things get better for you :+

Have a good break - Im looking forward to seeing that Tez ship in 3D :D :+

XpanDrome2097
25th September 2009, 01:28 PM
VELENO AG EVALUATION CENTER: Revealed the ship model and the name of the team.

Finally we're ready to know the details about this new AG Racing team from Italy, through the words of its founder Giulio Galletti.

Giulio Galletti: "Hi mates! Let's be friends eheheh! We're 'so excited, finally the moment is arrived!
We're enthusiasts to presents this honest creation from Italy, builted in the amazing AG-Racing laboratories of Magmatech, in Sicily.
Probably a lot of people doesn't know that the final test for Moa Terma track was made from this amazing Italian center ehehehe!
Honestly I've believed in this company since the first moment that I was entered in their laboratories...the quality and the results of their researches are flawless! And with the collaboration of my Veleno AG-Evaluation center we have created this honest italian creation, under the name of VOLCANO HI-TECH!
Why Volcano? Eheheheh, simple, Sicily is the location of one of the most great volcano in history, the Etna...but from 100 years ago the Etna
volcano is still inactive, and the Magmatech laboratories was situated into this amazing volcano.
The Etna can be wieved as an immortal simbol of power in Sicily.
Our colors will be orange, brown and blue, everyone of them has its meaning into this collaboration:

orange: the Sun, the lava and....the oranges eheheheh (Sicily is still famous for its citrus fruits...);

brown: the earth, simbol of the power of a volcano;

blue: don't forget that Sicily is an island, eh? The blue is a tribute of its amazing sea and beaches.

Please stay away from every negative interpretation! Our logo represents a volcano in eruption, but that can be viewed as a positive circle of life (like our collaboration, for example), sorrounded by four blue angles, that represents the sea that rounds this beatiful island...
but if you look it with more attention you can interpret our logo as two persons embraced, rounded by the blue color, a color of peace and friendship, and this represents our pacific and friendly intentions into the AG-Racing.
A special thanks for A.L.T.E.R.N. reserach, that has believed in our project since the first moments of our studies.

I hope that our tough researches will be repayed by your enthusiasm.

Please remember...we're forged in fire!"

Ship characteristics:

Team Name: Volcano Hi-Tech;
Provenience: Italy;
Motor Engine: Veleno PT-APP, perfected by Magmatech Laboratories;
Weapon System: Magmatech XH;
Shield System: Magmatech HT.

The ship racing skills wil be revealed into a very near future.

Team logo: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1479

Ship design: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1478

For Kyonshi: Awesome work mate! I love the color contrast and the great idea for your ship design....ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC :+!

ACE-FLO
25th September 2009, 02:49 PM
Venom... The craft is taking a new shape, a new form, a new direction. I am very impressed at the reworking of the model so far mate. And for sure, A.LT.E.R.N recognizes all members as pivotal to the Enterprising Research Network, where all technologies are embraced, all ideas are considered and enthusiasm is never curbed.

I, personally think you have created a new scene here at the zone, thus saluting the futuristic world of high speed anti gravity combat racing! :rock

Mu5, our esteemed 3d Model Maniac (:rock) has offered to give your ship a 3d makeover, which is very generous of him. I would like to see, with much anticipation - his effort to give your ship the 3d makeover.

Finally, As head of the AirLicker Group, I have a message I would like for you to relay to Guilio Galletti, "Dear Guilio, I am in awe of your vision my friend, your vision which left most of us in the world of Anti-Grav Racing, in doubt. I, for one - believed in your enthusiasm and charismatic ability to influence and win over, several key figures and businesses to your idea of making a team. There were times when Veleno did indeed look like it had stalled. But I know you Guilio, and know you are indeed a dark horse - you kept many things quite from other, prying eyes. And I commend this, as your team needed secrecy from the harsh reality of Mafia extortion, and corrupt govt. officials, not to mention the interest of other teams wanting to know exactly what direction you were taking VELENO to. Indeed, Veleno re-emerged into the world, born from a volcano, born of a life giving fire, a passion - and much like a phoenix, which rises from its own ashes, Veleno re-emerged as Volcano Hi-Tech. We look forward to working together with you, to perfect technologies in future. You have our support, as much as we have yours, dear friend!"

And for you Venom - I have this sentiment: :rock on buddy, you're backstory is fantastic and hugely entertaining... (this threaqd has all the makings of a sure fire anime hit, if only we all had the right connects, money and influence eh!!!! - still, I dream!) :)

Kyonshi: Top class logo design, very cool man!!!

Kyonshi
25th September 2009, 05:19 PM
@Mu5
I appreciate your designer input for the ship dude, but i placed the cockpit toward the nose on purpose and i'd like it to stay that way. ;) Also, the color pallette is not exactly how i was seeing it, because i wanted to use the ones that are featured in the team logo. Im gonna work on this later.

Also, i wanna differ from all the rest of the WipEout ships in their conception. I wanted to show how a frontal cockpit ship could be featured in WipEout and still looks in accordance with general WipEout ship concept. That's why i mentioned in my fictious story that i fused arrow-head and dual-hull chassis. Anyway, my ship isnt the first one to feature such design, Fusion's Tigron was also a frontal-cockpit ship :)

Second, the ship's strength is based on powerful Thrust and fluid Handling. This is why the reactor is long and narrow, placed from the immediate back of the cockpit to the far end of the tail. For handling, yes i wanted to have a bird-like hull and have the cabin foward the nose to literally dive into the air and let it flow along the fuselage to allow the ship to be sustained by air-flow. Now im not the best in physics and engineering, but that's how i see it :P

Im not really looking for the shape of an owl. In my point of view, it would looks too bulky. Its more about a svelt and slender design that recalls the shape of a bird, how it soars through the air. What can be related to the snow owl is more about the fierce but controlled power this bird has.

Mu5
25th September 2009, 06:33 PM
Cool mate :D :+

When I first seen your design I loved it - but it looked that the cockpit should be set back slightly (I guess, to be more like the design of traditional Wipeout Craft). I knew it was going to be a relatively easy edit, so thats why I just fired ahead with it :D

Your original image rocks mate - its just my brain thinking the ship is back to front the way you have designed the cockpit :D

Regarding colour - the only colour that I love with Blue is orange, so thats why I chose that. I just wanted to add a fresh colourscheme :)

Love your top down view - Are you planning on doing the the side and front views also yeah ? :)

I love the design. Great work :+

Lance
25th September 2009, 06:49 PM
My team name is 'Peregrine'. [pronounced with a long "i".]

}Slowly.... sloooooooooowly the concept takes shape. :g {

Mu5
25th September 2009, 07:34 PM
...as in Falcon? - Cool name! :D :+

Just to say Kyonshi - I just wanted to see what your ship looked like. I didn't mean to say you should change the design, not at all mate :D :+

Im itching to build that white storm ship in Modo :beer

Lance
25th September 2009, 09:19 PM
I just downloaded Sketchup; Google must have some fast servers; through my wireless connection, it ran at an average of about 550KB per second. Only took about a minute to dl.

However, I'm thinking that my little laptop may not have enough horsepower to do things without taking ridiculous amounts of time.

djKyoto
26th September 2009, 12:30 AM
My crappy 3 year old laptop runs SketchUp with no issues. :+

Mu5
26th September 2009, 12:42 AM
I have heard that blender is pretty cool - even if you have a low spec machine :+

Ive yet to try it out - seen some amaizing particle/engine effects in it though :D :+

Lance
26th September 2009, 01:38 AM
djKyoto, that's good to hear. Mine has a 2.16 GHz Celeron, 535 MHz FSB and 2 GB RAM, and it's at the bottom end, the entry level, of standard laptops. I installed SketchUp with no added plug-ins tonight, and it seems to work fine. I don't yet see a curve smoother for freehand lines yet; I hope there is one so I can do compound reverse curves on the Peregrine racecraft.

I watched a few videos earlier tonight and was amazed at what some people have done with animations. I don't know if they used the free or the pro version; they weren't sayin'. :)

edit: I discovered that I can use the arc tool to get a smooth compound curve.

Mu5
26th September 2009, 01:48 AM
Lance - send me a ship design (orthographic views) and I will build it for you :D :+

Lance
26th September 2009, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the offer, but this is something I want to do myself. Having someone else do it would be like giving them a stack of selected words and asking them to write a poem for me. Sorta. :) Can you tell that I'm one of those damned artist fellas? They're all eccentric.

ACE-FLO
26th September 2009, 02:04 AM
X-Zen-tricks! :D

andy
26th September 2009, 11:38 AM
I was gonna offer too lance but college has just started haha, so more homework and less modelling. However, if you need any help on sketchup then I'll be more than happy to help. :)

XpanDrome2097
26th September 2009, 12:15 PM
For ACE-FLO: thanks for all the good words mate :beer!

From Giulio Galletti: "Thanks to your support and friendship! In the past the Veleno laboratories....ehm....am surprised....do you know the "famous" italian mafia, eh? Ehm, yes....am very embarassed, but the mafia was a serious problem for the "old" Veleno technologies and the Italian country in general...extortion, don't you know? But today, with the increasing number of police departments and the original use of some fast AG-Police ships, the problem was totally resolved, believe me...our donation to the italian - corrupted at its times - police departments has involved the Italian police squads from its old bad times....and the corruption form the most powerful positions was totally destroyed....for your help and your friendship, I want to contribute with a serious donation for you all, the A.L.T.E.R.N. group!
Thanks for all the good words! We believe in a new, clean future for our Italian country, and a new, clean and peaceful future for the AG-Racing.

Giulio Galletti, the "dark horse."

Best regards!"

And another incoming information from the founder of Volcano team:

"Ehy mates, do you want to know the Volcano ship racing skills?
Ehehehe, let me show them to you...!

Top Speed: 7
Accelleration: 10
Handling: 9
Shield: 7

Remember guys, we're forged in fire!"

Mu5
26th September 2009, 01:31 PM
@Lance - No worries! I was just offering to build the 3D Model, I would never design it for you ;)

@Ace-Flo: Cheers , you have gave me an idea for a new team name - 'Zen-X' :D Going to start building it this afternoon.

@Venom : Have you checked that fontstruct (http://fontstruct.fontshop.com/)app out yet? You should do your own font in it ;)

Lance
26th September 2009, 01:36 PM
Andy, thanks. I watched a couple of Google's tutorials last night, and it's clear that one of the main things I need to master for this project is the Follow-me tool so I can produce curved forms in solid. I may practice that today, if other things permit.

ACE-FLO
26th September 2009, 02:07 PM
Mu5 - That's cool, X-Zen-Tricks was a lil play on words is all. I'm happy for you to use this name, and look forward to witnessing a stunning new creation from you! :)

Lance, I'll have to start learning SketchUp too. I got some free time next month and aim to get acquainted with its basics.

Venom, A.L.T.E.R.N are eagerly awaiting your contributions! Thank you.

Just wanted to add that the TD-T project has delayed slightly due to real life commitments, but AirLicker Group will be back with more, soon! :)

Lance
26th September 2009, 02:22 PM
It'll probably take a lOt of practice before I can produce "the bloodleaves feathered peregrine in silver wings".

ACE-FLO
26th September 2009, 02:40 PM
I was wondering if designing the Perengine crimson/silver feather effect in Paint Shop Pro with layers, then exporting the file as a merged image, either as a png or jpeg - into SketchUp, would work?

Anyone know if this possible? Andy? djKyoto? Mdhay? Mu5?

Lance
26th September 2009, 02:51 PM
I was wondering if designing the Perengine crimson/silver feather effect ...

EEK. ACE-FLO has misquoted the quotation which was my quotation of myself! Well, he kinda sorta did, maybe. ;) :g

andy
26th September 2009, 03:03 PM
That should be able to be done. You can upload a jpeg or other picture format, and create a material in sketchup, which you should be able to mess around with so it fits to whatever polygon you want filled in. I've not really tried it myself though, mind you.

Lance
26th September 2009, 03:07 PM
So that would be like wrapping a texture? Nice.

Mu5
26th September 2009, 03:15 PM
Great fun when you learn how to do it :)

Yeah definately Paint shop pro will do the job :+ Thats what I use to do all my image processing work. Its great using layers, especially when doing ship skins. Look forward to seeing it :)

ACE-FLO
26th September 2009, 03:24 PM
Sorry Lance :D But that was confusing my poor, slightly groggy, brain :D I got it wrong didn't I? EEK indeed :D

[attempts to move on, swiftly :D ]

Andy, that's good news mate! I'm definitely gonna give this a shot! I was thinking of designing Pilot gear, like G-suits - which modern fighter pilots wear in order to keep them from passing out from excEssive G-Force! :D I have no clue where to start from! :D But not gonna let that stop me!

But first, I need to start... :D

mdhay
26th September 2009, 03:47 PM
That should be able to be done. You can upload a jpeg or other picture format, and create a material in sketchup, which you should be able to mess around with so it fits to whatever polygon you want filled in. I've not really tried it myself though, mind you.

Yep, what Andy said.

Mu5
26th September 2009, 10:07 PM
@Venom : Heres the first hit at the Volcano craft.. .

You had any time to do the side/front view? :)

I watched a few videos earlier tonight and was amazed at what some people have done with animations. I don't know if they used the free or the pro version; they weren't sayin'. :)

I read somewhere last night that you use a special render engine at the end of the modelling process to get a better end result with shadows etc. Maybe one of the Sketchup chaps can shed some light on it.

Ive still to check out Blender - I have seen some engine animations with tremendous particle effects on youtube. I will try and find the link.

This is my favourite Sketchup pic I think - Love the design :) :+

http://marrekie.deviantart.com/art/Anti-grav-Racer-133087308

If anybody has any other cool ones I would love to see them :beer

Lance
27th September 2009, 05:43 AM
Dayum. He did that in SketchUp? Mucho nice. I just made an elongated solid lozenge in SU earlier today. The distance between that and this rather polished image by marrekie is.... substantial. :o

mdhay
27th September 2009, 09:35 AM
You can do animations in SketchUp, though I haven't tried.

andy
27th September 2009, 11:29 AM
http://600v.deviantart.com/art/270309-squid-hover-117264910

I like this guy's stuff, he's got some hovering stuff too. He has the ability to make everything look retro. Most of his gallery is sketchup and he puts them through photoshop afterwards and it looks really cool.

I reckon it could be cool to have a slightly retro team. :P

mdhay
27th September 2009, 01:00 PM
McLaren F1...:g

XpanDrome2097
27th September 2009, 01:26 PM
@Venom : Heres the first hit at the Volcano craft.. .

Hey mate, infinite thanks....and....strange but....I like its gold finish :D!
designer_79, amazing work about the 3-D Tez Dharkan, I want to know the racing stats eheheh....
This thread has amazing teams....Tez-Dharkan, Geist, BoostAkira, the Dark Triakis....and many others, thanks to all again!

Mu5
28th September 2009, 01:57 PM
Cool mate - It was just a quick model based on your top-down view :)

@Andy : Yeah I seen 600v's work before - his gallery is incredible :+

mdhay
5th October 2009, 07:13 PM
I am pleased to announce that we at A.L.T.E.R.N. have a new Eliminator AG Craft, the FireFox [AG] is TT-Dt's Eliminator entry to the Racing leagues.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1503

If you want to get a closer look at a specific part, let me know. ^_^

ACE-FLO
5th October 2009, 07:52 PM
A.L.T.E.R.N have done it again, feast your sights and be prepared to witness a FX-400 revolution...

Mdhay has developed a unique looking ship, go and see! Awesome! :g

abukii
5th October 2009, 10:25 PM
I love it!!

Mu5
5th October 2009, 11:37 PM
Nice work mate :) :+

djKyoto
6th October 2009, 03:52 AM
Hurrr (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/wipeout3d/wipeout3d24.png).

Mu5
6th October 2009, 01:25 PM
@MDHay - A view from the back would be good - can we get some missile's hanging off it also? :) I think it would be cool if the front was more narrow :+

More Dark Triakis love :beer

ACE-FLO
13th October 2009, 03:59 PM
http://600v.deviantart.com/art/270309-squid-hover-117264910

I reckon it could be cool to have a slightly retro team. :P

... and so do I.

btw, good link mate - looks like a Morris Minor got the transformer treatment :D

assoartu64
14th October 2009, 08:44 AM
hallo pilot

here the new feisar ship....italian style
F.I.A.T. Feisar "Frecle"

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1527

Mu5
14th October 2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry for the cheezy sound effects - it felt empty without them, and I couldn't resist :D

Cobra Take-off 01 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jbCr0OuIng)

Just a quick teaser while I render this massive movie :beer

ACE-FLO
15th October 2009, 11:53 AM
Mu5 - that's awesome mate! Now I can't wait to see the finished render, how long is it expected to take? :)

Mu5
15th October 2009, 12:06 PM
Good question :D Im going to render a short version at 640x480 first, which may take about a week. After that a version in HD 1280x720, which may take about a month lol

djKyoto
15th October 2009, 12:11 PM
Three two one go!

ACE-FLO
15th October 2009, 12:28 PM
Well I hope SL are watching - coz what you are doing, MU5, is fantastic - and you work alone. A one man effort, hats off mate! :rock

Mad-Ice
15th October 2009, 04:53 PM
Mighty fine Mu5! Keep 'em coming.

Mu5
16th October 2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the comments chaps, I appreciate it and Im glad you like it! :) :+

I just uploaded a slightly longer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIOUdYVKlpQ) version.

WolfKill01
17th October 2009, 06:08 PM
I FINALLY got enough time to get my sketches to the computer. I posted my Idea for the U.S.A. team "WolfBane" a while ago(pg.10 on this forum if you want to read it). I've been so busy with school I've only been able to draw a few sketches of the craft. Though with fall break I'll be able to post the logo and slogan before too long. Anyway, presenting WolfBane's prototype craft, the "Alpha-Wolf Mk III ver.002".

I really like the side view but I'm still working on making the top view correctly porportioned to the side. But I'll get that fixed soon. As for the speed, handling, thrust, shield, and colors, well, you're gonna have to wait for those ;)

mdhay
17th October 2009, 06:14 PM
I could try and make a rough model for you, if you like.:)

WolfKill01
18th October 2009, 01:22 AM
@ mdhay - I would really appreciate it if you could do something like that for me. I'm not the most artistcally gifted guy in the world :?

XpanDrome2097
18th October 2009, 11:41 AM
WolfKill01, awesome! Your ship looks very aerodynamic, it reminds me the lovely Icaras of Wip3out...

ACE-FLO
18th October 2009, 02:03 PM
Wolfbane mkIII : AirLicker Approved ++

Mdhay, will model it real good! I can't wait to see it :)

I remember the awesome backstory from months ago. The 2dimensional sketches are blinkin' cool! A nice looker, indeed! :)

andy
18th October 2009, 05:20 PM
that sketch is looking really good wolf :D I'd like to do a little sketch of that myself too if you don't mind :P that really is looking very nice.

I've had so much work at college that I've not done anything like this in a while. Gonna have to try and fit something in for this again. :)

ACE-FLO
18th October 2009, 05:35 PM
Andy, good call...

... I better get on with developments to the Tez Dharkan Project.

Designer_79 has been a lil quiet of late, due to commitments with moving flats and having his GF stay over, so he hasn't been able to contribute much recently, though I know he is itching to get on with the 3D modelling of the Tez already...

... all good things happen in their own time I guess, and that aint a bad thing. :)

Keep an eye out for us, we are the promise of Potent Fear... :)

andy
18th October 2009, 05:50 PM
I suppose I'll probably get back into this at half term, it'll be good practice as I'm doing games development so it'd be good to get some practice in on photoshop and general designy-modely stuff. It's just so busy at the moment I haven't been able to get any me-time lol. I forget what your ship looks like, if you want, I could have a little tinker with it, it'd be good practice for me to do any kind of creative design stuff. Up to you guys though. :P

ACE-FLO
18th October 2009, 06:10 PM
I got a good idea for a new team Andy, and a few sketches in pencil, like top and side elevations - I'll post them up soon and you can give them a shot...

...actually, that'll work out quite nicely, so thanks for the offer mate! It's hugely appreciated by me! :)

MetaKraken
18th October 2009, 07:39 PM
Two new ships to be returned (with new locations):

Tigron Enterprises

Description: With the fall of Tigron that is located in Russia (where Qirex-RD was located in), Tigron now resides in a private laboratory facility for FX racing ships located in Singapore City. While they have kept its original designs, they have successfully upgraded the Tigron racing ship that will outrun even the fastest ships there is (hence Icaras).

Speed: 8/10
Thrust: 10/10
Handling: 9/10
Shield: 6/10

Van-Uber Racing Developments

Description: Since Van-Uber have suffered the same fate as Tigron, the FX racing mechanic teams have revived Van-Uber, this time taking place in Seoul, South Korea. They have kept Van-Uber's original looks, but otherwise they have upgraded it to take on against faster ships.

Speed: 7/10
Handling: 8/10
Shield: 9/10

Two New Teams:

LH-58 Motors Inc.
- Country of origin: Puerto Rico
- Research and developement facilities: Hato Rey
- Catchword/Tag: "100% Perfection"
- Emblem: An "H" shaped lizard

Brief history:
- LH-58's new prototype, a lizard-shaped ship known as the LizardWave, will be able to dominate the competition, since it is indeed close to perfection that no other FX racing ship has ever had. They have placed 4 twin-turbos inside the ship, with titanium steel plated armory in order to withstand even the most deadly attacks, two large airbrakes that is intended to navigate through harrowing corners, a new emergency seat ejection that will deploy in an istant (thus causing the parachute to deploy). The team also declares that all other FX racing teams are considered their rivals.

Specs:
- Speed: 10/10
- Thrust: 10/10
- Handling: 8/10
- Shield: 9/10

Nebulus & Urebum Technologies
- Country of origin: Iceland
- Research and developement facilities: Reykjav*k (Nebulus) and Keflauik (Urebum)
- Catchword/Tag: "Forever and Together"
- Emblem: Unspecified emblems for two different ships

Brief History:
- The Icelandic FX racing team have created two different ships within the same location. Nebulus & Urebum worked together to create two individual ships with the same power with different designs. Despite that Nebulus and Urebum are rivals, they do not seem to hate each other. They collaborate each other one after the other, and that two individual ships has identical performance. Nebulus and Urebum are always forever and together, despite their rivalry.

Specs (Nebulus):
- Speed: 7/10
- Thrust: 6/10
- Shield: 6/10

Specs (Urebum):
- Speed: 7/10
- Thrust: 6/10
- Shield: 6/10

Let's see if I can make the LH-58 Motors logo and its ship and Nebulus & Urebum Technologies logos and ships.

ACE-FLO
18th October 2009, 08:21 PM
AWESOME - We got our thread kicking once again peeps!

MetaKraken, nice ideas and well worth posting mate... Cheers. :)

feisarfan
18th October 2009, 09:22 PM
Just in, a brand new ship from the IGLU team that can fold up for either better speed or increased downforce:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=1542

MetaKraken
18th October 2009, 09:25 PM
What is that :eek?! It's like something straight out from a track in Zone!

ACE-FLO
18th October 2009, 09:26 PM
Nice work Feisarfan - the ship is coming together nicely mate!!! Big respect man!

WolfKill01
19th October 2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback on the sketches. One of my goals for fall break this week is to create the slogan and logo for the team as well. Does anyone now any good FREE software/sites to do this on?

MetaKraken
19th October 2009, 12:37 AM
2 More New Teams:

TER-TO-NAI Research Facility:
- Country of origin: Serbia
- Research and development facilities: Belgrade
- Catchword/Tag: "Turbocharged to The Extreme"
- Emblem: Two "T"s (one from the top, the other is upside down"

Brief history:
- If Qirex knows all about High-Speed Revolution, then so can TER-TO-NAI. The TER-TO Serbian team has unveiled their powerful ship, known as HyperThunder, which consists a powerful rocket engine, a small, but powerful supercharger embedded into the engine, and its state-of-the-art racing seat that it is made out of kevlar (which is fireproof/explosion-proof) and twin exhausts from the back. When it comes to oval or straight lined tracks, TER-TO-NAI will always get there first with ease.

Specs:
- Speed: 10/10
- Thrust: 10/10
- Handling: 4/10
- Shield: 10/10

Dronzier:
- Country of origin: Israel
- Research and development facilities: Tel Aviv
- Catchword/Tag: "Always Ready"
- Emblem: Unspecified emblem

Brief history:
- The Israeli FX racing team will do whatever they can to rise Dronzier to popularity, as they work countless days and months designing a ship that no other anti-gravity racing ship can ever outrun their latest design, known as MantaOmega, a hybrid ship which consists an engine that cannot be heard by the crowd and the pilots. This is one tricky ship that other rivals are absolutely unaware whether the MantaOmega is approaching or not, so Dronzier will quietly take home for finish.

Specs:
- Speed: 6/10
- Thrust: 8/10
- Handling: 6/10
- Shield: 5/10

ACE-FLO
19th October 2009, 12:38 AM
@WolfKill01 - I use Paint Shop Pro at home, aka the poor mans photoshop. But it's a cool piece of software man. You should be able to get a trial version of it from Jasc.com - hope this helps.

Oh, and um - on the main WZ page, there's links to free stuff like wipeout type fonts, which are always useful. :) goodluck mate!

MetaKraken
19th October 2009, 12:40 AM
Cool :D. let's see if I can design my mentioned race teams and their ships by drawing ;).

ACE-FLO
19th October 2009, 12:51 AM
Get on it mate, more ships ftw! And help is always at hand!

mdhay
19th October 2009, 04:32 PM
WolfKill, I can't design it. I've tried, but I just can't. Something isn't right with it. Not the sketches, but I don't know, :S

andy
19th October 2009, 05:09 PM
I can see if I can crack it once I've finished my homework if it's okay with you wolf & mdhay. There looks like there are plenty of subtle curves on it, which is something that's pretty difficult to pull off in sketchup - but I've been using sketchup for this sort of thing for longer than anyone on here so I should be able to have a decent crack at it.

If you post what you got up to with mdhay, i may be able to see what's up with it.

mdhay
19th October 2009, 05:33 PM
I'll see to adding the pics later, watch this post.

MiguelX69
19th October 2009, 07:52 PM
An audi xD

no really, i'dd like the zone ships as a skin to normal races in HD like in pulse

WolfKill01
19th October 2009, 08:46 PM
Sorry if those sketches are giving you any trouble mdhay. I don't mind if you try to model it andy. Can't wait to see the results. :+

MetaKraken
20th October 2009, 01:06 AM
Here's a new track which takes place in an isolated volcanic island in Makana:

Track name:
- Volcannus

Track description:
- Makana is back once again, with a fiery scenery awaiting elite pilots to tackle the volcanic island. As racers venture through an actively volcanic track, they will discover the core of Volcannus with dangerous lava cascades underneath it and exiting the deadly volcano will encounter streams of lava venturing throughout the jungle and back in paradise. The heat is always on.

ACE-FLO
20th October 2009, 01:14 AM
Ooh, Volcannus! Scary huh? reminds me of that track in Fusion where you could steer your ship into the lava and self eliminate! hehe

btw, which team does your track belong to? :)

MetaKraken
20th October 2009, 01:17 AM
Since Volcannus takes place in Makana, I would say Goteki 45 (since they are founded in Makana :D).

mdhay
20th October 2009, 03:47 PM
There we go:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1547

Problem is, I dunno how to do the exposed engine parts/ the chassis properly.:(

andy
20th October 2009, 04:54 PM
wow that's a lot of straight lines xD. You're gonna have to learn how to use curved lines with curved follow-me lines and build up shapes to intersect and rub away. Normally I'd tell you how now, but it's quite complicated and I have plenty of homework that needs doing. :P It is a tricky design. If you save his design, you can go to File>Import it into your model so you can get some reference next to the model as you're designing.

MetaKraken
21st October 2009, 10:42 PM
Should we add pilots (for the next Wipeout Future) for each new teams?

andy
23rd October 2009, 07:56 AM
@metakraken: I don't see why not, as long as they're relevant to a team in this thread.

So I haven't done much on wolf's design because I've been busy with coursework.

It is quite tricky, and it isn't looking exactly the same as the design, but I reckon it doesn't look too bad the way I've somehow got it looking so I think I might just go with a stylised render. So far I've done the front part. I know the proportions are off but whatever. xD

I tried an orthographic projection but it didn't work. The reason I couldn't get it perfect straight away was because the drawings weren't symmetrical, but whatever, I wasn't expecting them to be lol. You'd have to be quite serious and use a ruler, measure every single bit and do everything just perfect to get an orthographic projection - and I wouldn't expect anyone to do that for a sketch for here.

Yeah, I've got a week off after today so I'll try and get a model done by then.

ACE-FLO
23rd October 2009, 03:52 PM
DATACAST: 109874747

Hello again, It's been a while since we've had anything to share with the watching world of Anti-Gravity Combat Racing. We've had a few issues with pilots not playing ball, and some other difficulties - but we are here, and we are back!

All is good at A.LT.E.R.N HQ with section D79 and Mdhay has also revealed his secret project for the FX400 league. Viewing his profile album will reveal the ship design he created in SketchUp. Well done Mdhay.

The last datacast from Tez Dharkan, was broadcast by Preeti Roopa, after an incident occurred at A.L.T.E.R.N when Pilot Jade Alorea (Jaded Blade) attempted to set fire to Preeti. I have quoted the end of her datacast in this post, so I can bring you up to speed on what has transpired since then.

I am not at liberty to tell you any technical data regarding this for the time being, but what I can tell you is this - If a pilots sixth sense can tell him or her of a rivals intention to lock a missile onto his/her ship, that would give that pilot a real advantage! We are proud to announce that we are perfecting this technology and I will be the first to uitilize it on a conscious level. I hereby have an important announcement to make, I am retiring from my postion as first pilot for Team Tez Dharkan Technologies and am going to be working full time at A.L.T.E.R.N to ensure our this project goes where it needs to go!

So Jade, if you're watching this datacast, You can come back to Tez, and assume postion of pilot for the team... only now, you got what you always wanted, the no.1 slot!!!" - end of excerpt

Pilot Jade has since resumed position of lead pilot and has achieved much in the past months in way of mastery of the lead craft. She attempted to release a datacast of her own, but I refused her the opportunity at the time as I thought it was unnecessary to air our dirty laundry in public. SInce that time, Jade has maintained that she was not trying to kill Preeti Roopa at all, it was all a ruse - despite her admission. A very clever ruse in fact. I will not bore you with my opinions, instead, I will quote Jade Alorea let you read what actually happened at that unfortunate time.

So, here's what I say. So what if someone is fully prosthetic - doesn't mean they can't feel happiness or sadness. Does it? We all have a soul - yet she carried on as if she was beyond humanity. Humanity has its' advantages, and the most inportant advantage humanity has over technology, is the sixth sense.

I knew she had it all along, but Preeti was playing robot, denying her humanistic tendencies to the point of denial. This is something I felt was totally unnecessary, and it sometimes seemed as if she was superior because of it. She power tripped on prosthetic technology, I couldn't take it. But I knew a way in which she'd behave human once again. Preeti always claimed that the only part of herself which was human, was her ghost/soul, well - nothing like a lil instinct to wake you ghost up huh?

I came up with a clever plan to make Preeti think her life was in danger, and force her to react out of instinct, that's all I wanted her to do - react out of instinct, therefore proving to her that instinct is something which technology cannot replicate, it is an animal condition, a human condition - and by her having to rely on instinct to save her life, it would force her to recognize that humans do indeed have the most advanced piece of technology ever seen. I just wanted her to recognize herself, not deny who she really is. And that is why I really did it. I wasn't going to kill her, how could I? I woulda lost the chance to race with Team Tez Dharkan Technologies.

Anyway, things worked out for the best. Preeti is in D79 wing of A.L.T.E.R.N perfecting the technology she claims she discovered, gah - and I got what I deserved, the postion of first pilot for the FX500s most favoured team - Team Tez Dharkan!

So, there you have it. I hope you didn't think we were finished with her, she's been proving to be a mighty fine first pilot and truth be told - she has already beaten Preeti's Phantom TT lap and race records of Stratus 4. And that was somthing I thought would be impossible...

... We have a lead pilot who is perfect for the FX500 - Jaded Blade is no.1... but we're looking for a no.2 pilot as Preeti will not race again, she is busy with perfecting 6th sense technologies.

Potential candidates can apply through MIND-COMM

That's all for now

ACE-FLO (AirLicker Group Custom Design and Concept skinning for the FX400 / Team Tez Dharkan Technologies for the FX500 league / A.L.T.E.R.N source/research network)

MetaKraken
23rd October 2009, 10:27 PM
Here are the pilots for new teams:

LH-58 Motors Inc. (PRI):

Lead Pilot: Josué Santiago

Biography:

Brief history: Josué is the first youngest FX racing pilot ever to race in the FX500 series. He collaborates very well with LH-58 Motors and has been renowned as the lead pilot, despite his age. Like LH-58 Motors, he declares that every other pilots (whether male or female) in every race are considered his rivals.

Second Pilot: Hector Torres

Biography:

Brief history: As a skilled mechanic, Hector always loves to modify his ship in order to withstand damage and handle well. Even so, he is surprisingly shocked that the lead pilot is a tough youngster known as Josué Santiago.

Tigron Enterprises (SGP):

Lead Pilot: Aaron Smithson

Biography:

Brief history: As a fan of Tigron Enterprises (and Lead Pilot), Aaron will always do whatever he can to win the FX500 race season, and it will take more than missiles, mines and even quakes to stop this tough veteran pilot!

Second Pilot: Glenda Hartford

Biography:

Brief history: While this is her first time signing a contract with Tigron Enterprises, Glenda was an inexperienced pilot. Several months later, she manages to take control of the Tigron racing ship and despite her fear of sharp corners, that does'nt stop her from winning the race.

WolfKill01
26th October 2009, 12:25 AM
Here's a bit more info about the team WolfBane R.D.

" We have seen our years of data collection and extensive testing are paying off. Our ship is, no doubt, the fastest machine on the track capable of mind blowing, and pure white knuckle, speed. Sacrificing a little grip strength for superior speed and thrust without having to take away too much shield stength. Even with the most extensive use of the airbrakes, the craft is able to maintain it's top speed at all times, even on the toughest turns. We are not going public with the craft just yet. But nonetheless, prepare yourselves and join us...join the pack." (public announcment from Joshuah Hoffman, president of WolfBane R.d., at after a race at Tech De Ra, which is near their base of operations)

Here is the craft stats and logo and slogan of WolfBane R.D. I'll post 3d models of the craft later. I've been working with Mu5 on the renderings and they're almost done.

Speed: 10.0
Thrust: 8.5
Handling: 7.0
Shield: 6.0

Too big to fit, here's links:

Slogan: http://wolfkill01.deviantart.com/art/WolfBane-R-D-slogan-141467646

Logo: http://wolfkill01.deviantart.com/art/WolfBane-R-D-logo-141467075

ACE-FLO
26th October 2009, 03:30 PM
Nice logos WolfKill01... Glad to see Mu5 is still managing to exert his influence here at the zone too :) he will be missed by us all :D

WolfkKill01 - your backstory is actually a really good one imo. Ship info is looking kinda cool too, it would be interesting to see the technologies which make you ship so fast... I mean, at Tez Dharkan Techs, we managed to make our ship the fastest on the circuit due to revolutionizing the way composites are manufactured (making them lighter and able to "breathe" wind resistance) thus the patent on the AirLicker SuperLights TM composites were born. Holding this patent has ensured TDT holds the lead positions in all races, but we also comporomised some technologies to stay within the guidelines of the FX500 league entry requirements, as mentioned in one of the first TDT posts on this thread. I'm glad your story has depth to it WolfKill01, and that it continues to impress and entertain.

I would ask you to keep with this as I really do like the idea of a Wolf racing/battling with a Tiger...

AirLicker out! ;)

MetaKraken
26th October 2009, 10:04 PM
Boy I wish I have an animated logo of my own (from my own username :D). I can't create it of my own, though :(. Too busy working on an MCLA vehicle with yet another Wipeout paintjob.

yeldar2097
26th October 2009, 10:42 PM
Potential candidates can apply through MIND-COMM

Well I'm currently working a 09:00 - 17:30 but I'm sure I could fit this into my schedule ;)

teehee

ACE-FLO
27th October 2009, 11:35 AM
Anytime - just keep yer hands off Jade, or she might break 'em ;)

yeldar2097
27th October 2009, 01:27 PM
don't you worry about that - wouldn't want to waste my precious hands on that ;)

don't tell her I said that or she might break me anyway

ACE-FLO
27th October 2009, 05:16 PM
Datacast: 10896565127

Team Tez Dharkan signs up the phenomenal and most talented pilot of the FX350 league - Yeldar!

He shall assume position of 2nd pilot, and will be the main pilot for all ZONE active events!

Pilot Profile and details of his contract will be published and aired in a future datacast!

Watch this spACE ;)

yeldar2097
27th October 2009, 07:44 PM
swish 8)

MetaKraken
27th October 2009, 08:55 PM
A message from LH-58 Motors Inc.:

"At LH-58 Motors Inc., we have worked on the LizardWave ship tirelessly and that we have perfected it with little to no flaws at all. We have released a prototye version of the LizardWave and despite that it works perfectly, there are numerous of bugs that can be possible for our loss of a race. However, three months later, we released our new LizardWave shp and tests proves that it is 100% flawless. Not even Assegai Developments can defeat the flawless ship of ours.

We have heard that since Auricom and Qirex are bitter rivals, it's time that we tell them that we're their rivals as well, including all other different FX racing teams across the globe, and they're in for a huge surprise.

We have recruited two of our elite pilots to take control of our flawless racing ships; the first elite pilot is one of our best we have in the FX500 racing season. Josué Santiago, our youngest lead pilot who is an LH-58 Motors enthusiast ever since. He is only 19, regardless. Josué, like us, declares that all other pilots from around the world for each different FX racing teams are considered his rivals.

Our second pilot is a veteran for several years is known as Hector Torres, as this is the first time he decided to join with us since being with FEISAR. for only five years. Hector Torres is a mechanic, best known for repairing ships and inspecting them. But despite being a skilled mechanic, he has trouble piloting the LizardWave ship we designed, so its best that we have installed our latest Pilot Assist feature to get it started for him.

If you are in the mood to collaborate with us at LH-58 Motors Inc., feel free to join us, because with LH-58 Motors, we are 100% perfection."

CEO and Founder of LH-58 Motors Inc., Alfredo Vasquez

ACE-FLO
28th October 2009, 05:01 PM
Pretty cool storyline there MetaKraken. I notice that we now have ships and teams which have taken their influence from animals, I mean Tez Dharkan Tech are Tigers, WolfBane are obviously Wolves right? and now, with MetaKrakens' latest contribution, we are seeing Lizards... have I missed any? :D

Anyway, I'll be posting up Pilot Yeldars' stats soon - though those of you who have raced him on the FX350 league, already know what a legend he really is!!! When it comes to pilots, we at Tez Dharkan Technologies, sure do attract the best! ;)

Tiger Style, AirLicker Out :D

MetaKraken
28th October 2009, 06:02 PM
Haha yeah. Lizards are my favorite animals, ACE-FLO :D.

F.E.I.S.A.R
6th November 2009, 08:26 AM
Two new ships to be returned (with new locations):

Tigron Enterprises

Description: With the fall of Tigron that is located in Russia (where Qirex-RD was located in), Tigron now resides in a private laboratory facility for FX racing ships located in Singapore City. While they have kept its original designs, they have successfully upgraded the Tigron racing ship that will outrun even the fastest ships there is (hence Icaras).

Speed: 8/10
Handling: 9/10
Shield: 6/10

Gee,I thought that Singapore(a.k.a Lion City)would not have a Team,but I was wrong!Is it a private team or a corporate team?

This is a continuation of my "Name your own Wipeout tracks!" post.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6935&page=2

Team Singa

Background Story:The Singapore government decided to form an AG-Racing Team named Team Singa(a mascot of courtesy in singapore).Yes,the nation that has "always" been a stop-over and an unknown quantity need not rely on Harimau(Malaysia,neighbouring country) anymore! As Singapore is a new entrant,the Team has decided to not risk it by going for max handling.(the ship's home course is the Marina Bay Circuit and (the old track) Thomson Road GP Circuit.

STATS
Speed:8/10
Thrust:8/10
Handling:10/10
Shield:7/10
I know that the stats are quite similar to FEISAR,except that one point from Shield has been given to Speed.

There is(are)another (few) team(s) that I have been fantasizing about(they are from an alternate reality where,strangely,AG-tech was not invented,but given,by a strange entity.I will be making a blog about it.(link be here,watch this space.)this fantasy involves almost everyone I (kinda)know like relatives,classmates,including WipEout Zone friends and everything I like "integrated" into(some of) the characters.)
each team has at least one pilot.

ACE-FLO
6th November 2009, 11:58 AM
good going man, I'm looking forward to reading more :)

XpanDrome2097
11th November 2009, 02:09 PM
VOLCANO HI-TECH - Very important news

Giulio Galletti talks about some important news for his "Volcano Hi-Tech" racing team:

"Hi mates! We're still alive!
We have decided to definite list of our pilots, that will be:

First Pilot - Mario Andretti

Our first pilot gotta be an italian! No, uahahah, we're not racists! Mario lives in the U.K. and is extraordinary, and you will note this since his first race.

Second Pilot - Markoz Kwazak

Markoz is another blazing angel! He comes from the U.S.A., but he was born in Germany, with a brillant past in the AG racing researches...

And this is a new exciting news: we have recently founded our first fanclub, called "Thrusters". Please join it if you are a Volcano enthusiast!

Best regards for you all, Giulio Galletti."

ACE-FLO
11th November 2009, 04:04 PM
AirLicker Group are big fans of Guilio, and we are pleased at Volcano HI-TECHs progress. Keep up the good work my friend, My team and I wksh you the best, and look forward to future developments from V-HT!

With support and admiration, Ace.

F.E.I.S.A.R
12th November 2009, 03:28 AM
Tigron Enterprises (SGP):

Lead Pilot: Aaron Smithson

Biography:

Brief history: As a fan of Tigron Enterprises (and Lead Pilot), Aaron will always do whatever he can to win the FX500 race season, and it will take more than missiles, mines and even quakes to stop this tough veteran pilot!

Second Pilot: Glenda Hartford

Biography:

Brief history: While this is her first time signing a contract with Tigron Enterprises, Glenda was an inexperienced pilot. Several months later, she manages to take control of the Tigron racing ship and despite her fear of sharp corners, that does'nt stop her from winning the race.

Wow.Australian and Canadian go to Singapore.And I thought the pilots would be locals.

Lance
12th November 2009, 03:37 PM
Team Peregrine news:

Team Peregrine must report that development of our racecraft is on hold due both to underfunding and that our chief designer/test pilot, Yumiya Naginata, is currently occupied with other projects requiring more immediate completion.

For those of you as yet unfamiliar with Mr. Yumiya, he is a Japanese-born American who emigrated to America with his parents when he was seven years of age. He was quite taken with the sport of anti-gravity racing even at that age, playing videogames based on it. As he grew, young Nagi discovered in himself a great curiosity about how things work and in the course of events became a technologist. Despite dropping out of Bunatao Technical University [in Dunedin, Florida, an institution little-known to the general public, but greatly respected amongst the highest level technical professionals] a full year before graduation, he was quickly hired for his very original thinking by Global Magnetodynamics Corporation. However, being a person of wide-ranging interests, he soon became disenchanted with the excessive compartmentalisation of technical disciplines at the company. It was very fortunate for Team Peregrine to have obtained his services whilst still in the earliest concept stages. His plethora of interests and talents make him ideal to both design the racecraft and to oversee the subgroup developments needed for the task ahead.

Lancelot Price, IV

ACE-FLO
12th November 2009, 06:35 PM
oh man! Lance, you got some skillz :) nice update btw... team Perengine huh? i remember you mentioning it here, in a previous post. I'm pleased you followed up on it... and looking forward to future posts/datacasts from you, Lancelot Price IV (is that your name Lance?)

Lance
12th November 2009, 06:51 PM
Not the IV part.

ACE-FLO
17th November 2009, 02:58 PM
... not the IV part, humbug! That part was too cool, but not as cool as Lancelot - uber! :)

anyways, i believe Designer_79 from A.L.T.E.R.N's TD-T wing has an important announcement to make...

... i've been anticipating developments here for a while, and I know this revelation will be a benchmark in the history of Team TEZ-DHARKAN-TECHNOLOGIES...

Take the stage Designer_79 :rock

designer_79
17th November 2009, 02:59 PM
Announcement: source undisclosed

- Anonymous Datacast 23971117-xx21y -

So, A.L.T.E.R.N thought their lines are all well secured ... not the case!

For the matter of my own safety I will not give any hint of identity and this datacast is untraceable.

After hijiacking A.L.T.E.R.N.S R&D sector D79 database, newest blueprints and schemes of the Tez Dharkan Prototype Race craft are showing progress. The following main schemes should help any rival team looking for particular weak spots in the design of this ship. Seems once it's finished, there are not gonna be too many of them. Be prepared!!

---l33t---

- Datacast end -

ACE-FLO
17th November 2009, 03:05 PM
I LOVE YOU, Designer_79! ... but baby Tez gets more luvvin' lol. Seriously, it's just... purrrfect, growl.... :)

i can't believe the Tez is turning out better than i'd hoped... WOW

MetaKraken
17th November 2009, 03:20 PM
Dronzier (from Israel) pilots:

Lead Pilot:

Name: Vladimir Gustav

Biography: A Russian pilot who will do whatever he can within his arsenal to pilot the Dronzier and zoom into first before everyone else does.

Second Pilot:

Name: Fengjai Tharang

Biography: Fengjai was a well-known chef, best for making the finest cuisines in expensive restaurants. Now, 20 years later, he retires and decides to fly the latest racing ship from Dronzier. Once he gets the hang of it, he will participate in the FX500 racing series and will accomplish his dream, just like he compelted his dream of becoming a chef expert.

@ F.E.I.S.A.R. Tigron is a private team held in Singapore ;).

designer_79
17th November 2009, 03:20 PM
Honestly the back end looks pretty shite though ... this will need some serious improvement :) maybe our tiger had a too good winter sleep and grew a fat ass ...

ACE-FLO
17th November 2009, 03:40 PM
dear me, well the time for hibernation is over :D Time for baby Tez to start hunting for its next meal, being the predator that she is!

Metakraken - good going man! :)

designer_79
18th November 2009, 02:05 PM
Further announcement: source undisclosed

- Anonymous Datacast 23971118-xx22y -

A.L.T.E.R.N. still having all their digital data channels wide open for someone who knows how to get in there.

So the ship design shows fast progress, wicked fast ... And it seems it enters a crucial phase of development, but then what? It seems The Tez-D research team is using 20th century technology?? The implementation of a spaceframe is a wise move though, together with their patented super-lights composites this ship will be a true lightweight. This cannot be said for the implementation of weapons though, the schemes show enough space for weapon bays in various spots of the front wings ...

The ship starts to look like a ship now, though it will be interesting to see the final build perfoming on the racetrack , judging from the schemes it looks very very balanced and agressive as hell ...

---l33t---

- Datacast end -

Mu5
18th November 2009, 07:45 PM
Thats looking great mate! :clap

Cant wait to see the finished ship :D

mdhay
18th November 2009, 07:55 PM
Good to see you back. :)

Thought I'd post this - taken half an hour to do. :D (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1699)

ACE-FLO
18th November 2009, 07:59 PM
MU5? excellent! i speak for all when I say 'We wanna see the Dark Triakis'... any developments here?

XpanDrome2097
18th November 2009, 10:38 PM
Excellent works for all mates,everyone makes a extraordinary work inside this thread...Go Dark Triakis and Tez Dharkan :rock:+:nod.
All the works (mdhay,you're included) are very revolutionary and i hope that someone from Studio Liverpool wants to try a look inside this thread, and...damn, dreams only dreams :paperbag!

MetaKraken
18th November 2009, 11:51 PM
Tez Dharkan, Wolfbane and LH-58 Motors are'nt the only ones that are based on animals. Introducing...

Scorpius Corporation!

Research and development facilities: Tijuana
Catchword/Tag: "Sting It"
Emblem: Scorpion tail and stinger

Top Speed: 10/10
Thrust: 5/10
Handling: 7/10
Shield: 10/10

Brief history:

The Mexican members of Scorpius Corporation will give the FX500 racing season a true meaning of stinging when they are around. They have built a spine-chilling ship that is based off on a scorpion, with functional pincers and a stinger on its back. Their latest ship, ScorpioProto, will send chills to the audience and other team pilots, because of its functional tail that can inflict damage against other ships by 10%, right after trapping its "prey" with its working pincers.

However, a flaw that cannot be fixed that, once it activates its pincers and its striking tail with a stinger on its back, it will deactivate up to 25 minutes before it can reactivate. Nevertheless, it is a menacing ship that even the strongest ships will feel its wrath of the ScorpioProto.

ACE-FLO
19th November 2009, 02:42 PM
Scorpions... wish i'd thought of that!!! "Sting it" - cool slogan too... MetaKraken, i'm seeing some crazy cool logos in my mind for the ScorpioProto... nice :)

update: A.L.T.E.R.N data hacked

As Co-Director of AirLicker Group, Designer_79, has recently revealed regarding the successful accumulation of vital R+D data from Tez Dharkan Technologies, i can confirm that an unknown source has indeed somehow, managed to infiltrate the A.L.T.E.R.N HQ at Mt. Everest. What i can reveal is, that the intruder remains within a hidden location, inside Mt Everests' many hidden entry routes. It is from this location that they are acquiring sensitive R+D data and releasing it on the net. They cannot leave as a perimeter has been established around the base. Flushing the intruder out will simply be a matter of time. We don't, at this time beleive the intruder to be sent from a rival team. We suspect that they are actually from the Goki Tengu Group, responsible for bringing down large organisations from within...

designer_79
20th November 2009, 08:57 AM
Official announcement: A.L.T.E.R.N. R&D sector D79

- A.L.T.E.R.N. Datacast 23971120-HQ79-8 -

Fellow teams, pilots, and beloved fans

As already informed by our esteemed chairman ACE-FLO our central database has indeed been infiltrated. So after an emergency meeting of the board of directors we decided to make our research public. We are proud of our development, and though this is a possibility for our rival teams to exploit the information given, we stay certain that the Tez-D is gonna be a contender hard to beat on the tracks of the FX500 league. So we have nothing to fear.

We go through virtual aerodynamics test recently to shape out the optimal cockpit. also structural integrity tests have proven, that the one weak spot of the ship could be the connection of the wings to the main body/cockpit/engine unit. our designers work hard to find a durable, functional yet aesthetically pleasing solution.

Regarding the infiltration of our base, I am in charge of the investigation myself and will travel to Beijing the capital of the Pan Asian Union this upcoming days. It is rumored that the government of the Pan Asian Union is keen in bringing down the Goki Tengu group, which is inflicting massive damage to major GDP contributing corporations. Therefore they are more than willing bringing me in contact with informants knowing who might be the leak within A.L.T.E.R.N. HQ

Be ready for a next update around the first half of next week.

Designer_79 , chief designer Tez-D and head of A.L.T.E.R.N R&D

- Datacast end -

Mu5
20th November 2009, 10:18 AM
Top work mate, its looking excellent! :beer :+

ACE-FLO
20th November 2009, 01:53 PM
D79 wing has uncovered some vital information as to which international organisations the Goki Tengu Group will be targeting next. I have been asked to inform Venom and Guilio Galletti of Team Volcano HI-TEC that we have uncovered plans which reveal that the Goki Tengu Group will be targeting you guys also. We at the AirLicker Technologies Enterprising Research Network have enjoyed great business with you, Venom, and we have your back as much as you have ours. The leak which Designer_79 speaks of is yet to be identified, but we are closing in on them. We are confident in our investigations and progress is evident (thank you D79).

also, TDT is revealing its retro league (FX150) ship in development for the amateur graded pilots. We have plans to manufacture the ship en masse, and to sell them on to anyone with an AG-r licence in the near future.

Ship stats will not be revealed as yet, but concept images will be posted here by Co-Director of A.L.T.E.R.N, Mr MdHay soon!

peace to all... ACE

MetaKraken
20th November 2009, 02:25 PM
How do you design you own Wipeout ships? Is there a link to this?

ACE-FLO
20th November 2009, 02:50 PM
there are a few links to help you design your ship in the A.L.T.E.R.N social group threads. You should be able to download some design software (trials) from these links... start a thread there and post up any questions you have pertaining to ship design, and A.L.T.E.R.N members will help. Good luck Metakraken! fare well! :)

MetaKraken
24th November 2009, 07:08 PM
The fifth and possibly a deadly one, known as...

Predatorius Research Productions!

HQ: Charlotte Amalie
Catchphrase: "Keep Out"
Emblem: A large upper shark fin

Brief history: The Virgin Islands team no longer has any affiliations with Auricom Research Industries (due to their ships' handling issues). Now, they have resides in the city of the U.S. Virgin Islands with a little something that they love the most: Sharks. They have built their own ship (name not confirmed) that resembles as the Great White Shark, with three fins on both sides and on the top, a tail of its own from the back and a real-life like shark teeth.

With their debut torwards the FX350/FX500 league, their ships can force all other racing ship teams behind the pack, as this team can easily trigger a feeding frenzy at the start of the race!

ACE-FLO
24th November 2009, 07:17 PM
Sharks teeth :) have you started with any ship design/sketches yet?

MetaKraken
24th November 2009, 07:53 PM
No :(. I'm stuck with excrutiating homeworks from college.

ACE-FLO
24th November 2009, 07:56 PM
gah! well theres always xmas holidays...

MetaKraken
24th November 2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah.. but I will start drawing my own team logos tommorow (hopefully) :).

ACE-FLO
24th November 2009, 08:06 PM
Excellent, i can animate them for you if u like. lets see what you come up with, and we'll take it from there :)

Mu5
17th December 2009, 03:03 AM
@D79 - I have been checking every couple of days to see if you have posted a new Tez model :beer :+

...Any progress? :)

ACE-FLO
17th December 2009, 11:39 AM
He's busy with work atm. Thanks for asking :)

Lazokaeи
22nd December 2009, 01:45 AM
Hello. just popped in after a re-direct in my "intro thread".

i went old school and whilst bored at work, with no inet access etc. a few years back i did some "posters" in paint. W/O style. There are more, but these were the best 3:

Sidi.Digi Corporation (http://www.polarity-gaming.co.uk/Werk/SDc.png)

Futurtek-2 (http://www.polarity-gaming.co.uk/Werk/FT2.png)

Verz Technology Industries (http://www.polarity-gaming.co.uk/Werk/vt.png)

I guess I'm just posting here as I love the series and want to get involved with creating something out of respect for it. However useless that creation might be! lol. - I guess if anyone can get inspiration from them or do anything with them, go for it.

My main thing is working on an "accompanying soundtrack" to HD/Fury called 'Wipeout X'. Think I may use some of these 'posters' for that actually.

Good work from the logos I've seen on previous pages and the effor behind the teams, looks class guys.

mdhay
22nd December 2009, 01:29 PM
Ding! (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1830) Fusion players will love this! :rock

abukii
22nd December 2009, 03:00 PM
@mdhay-- Awesome work on the Feisar. Not a huge Fusion fan, but I do love it :)

ACE-FLO
22nd December 2009, 03:24 PM
Ding! Dong! :D All in 15 minutes too... You constantly amaze me with your skill in sketch-up :)

mdhay
22nd December 2009, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately, the Wings and engines were off - measurement, so I have to redo them. :/

mdhay
24th December 2009, 12:52 PM
After redoing the engines and wings, I've began working on the actual designs on the chassis. I've tried to stick closely to the original, going only off of small pictures from google images that had the part I was working on visible (which still wasn't good enough). Here's the main motif. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=1833) The cockpit is next, unfortunately, this will not be fully detailed, i.e with a seat, etc, as:

1: I really can't be arsed;
2: There isn't enough depth to the chassis;
3: Who cares? :P

Still, there's also doing the front burn - out colouring, so I need to learn how to do that. :/

ACE-FLO
24th December 2009, 09:01 PM
3: Who cares? :P

Since it's xmas, i'll let you get away with that! :g

mdhay
24th December 2009, 09:28 PM
I've actually added a seat. :g

ACE-FLO
24th December 2009, 10:42 PM
I got my own seat :g and an eye on your 3D imaging ... some of the stuff you come out with just makes me wish I could do that... I'm bit of a fan actually of you Sir - and I do wish I had the time to learn some sketchup and stuff but ehm - better left in more capable hands like those the Co-Directors of A.L.T.E.R.N, Mdhay and Designer_79... awesome.

Mdhay, Going to see your album pics now man :rock checking up on that FEISAR... :g

Mu5
26th December 2009, 08:27 PM
@mdhay : Great work on that Feisar mate :beer Your modelling skills are getting better and better. Im looking forward to seeing the cockpit :+

andy
27th December 2009, 08:07 PM
those are looking really good :)

Airrider
29th December 2009, 11:52 PM
(I'm on a Fury kick and dammit, I'm gonna make the most of it! This is my personal case for a Zone team...)

Velos Escudo

Base of Operations: Airborne facilities near Sol 2

Team Manager: Dr. Helmut Van Derwesten

Team Bio: Dr. Van Derwesten was the mastermind behind the worldwide energy drink phenomenon known as Escudo in 2287, and after more than a decade of success, the good Doctor decided the best way to celebrate was with an AG racing team. However, his corporate advisors told him creating a team from the ground-up was going to be a drain of resources from his recent diversifying into other properties such as Escudo-branded candies, apparel, and other merchandise, so he needed a way to make a good team quickly and uniquely.
Enter Alicia Norn, a friend of his from the AG Racing administration very closely tied to the workings of competition in Zone and its sister competitions in the current league, who found him connections leading to a concept twin-hull Zone ship design that greatly resembled the more-practical current Zone design, narrower and with rear fins and, radically, tiny canards at the front of each hull. The Zone commission needed a way to get rid of a craft that was essentially a bunch of dead weight and a rather faded memory for them, and miss Norn decided the best way was to put the design to work as a racing vehicle. With fine-tuning, some design changes here and there and a spiffy new paintjob, Dr. Van Derwesten had a team to be proud of without having to break the bank.

Ship Bio: The VR-500Z v.2.3 is Velos Escudo's competition craft. Designed with speed in mind because of its tight connections to Zone's development, this craft is fast and nimble, but its shielding is still quite deficient. Dr. Van Derwesten specified in his pilot search that he wanted thrillseeking types who already had experience in dangerous situations to avoid having pilots who fell back on shielding and tried to use their ships as battering rams like he had seen in previous leagues, and if at all possible, to help advertising for the Escudo corporation, anyone who could live "The Escudo Lifestyle," which is an active life associated with extreme sports and modern culture. While the craft and the team were mocked during their debut at an offseason exhibition race in Metropia as being "the next Icaras," a bunch of paper dragsters that would crash more than they would finish, their strong 1-and-3 finish quickly silenced any naysayers.
It would seem that winning, too, is part of The Escudo Lifestyle.

Lead Pilot: Maria Cristabella
Secondary Pilot: Tetsuo "Momo" Domo

Ship Stats:
Thrust: 9
Top Speed: 10
Shield: 5.5
Handling: 7.5

andy
30th December 2009, 02:18 PM
I came back to this because I couldn't stand those forward swept wings in the middle, so I've chopped them off. I changed the colours a bit too, and I have taken away the gap in the middle of the body. I've uploaded a couple on my gallery, but this is the only one that hasn't fuzzed up. :d

http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=120&pictureid=1840

Unfuzzy large files
http://img64.imageshack.us/g/126h.png/

:)

SaturnReturn
30th December 2009, 02:33 PM
That looks amazing.:+

ACE-FLO
31st December 2009, 04:37 PM
Andy - I checked out your new incarnation for GEIST!!! I loved the concept from the initlial stages and following the progress of your ships throughout this thread is entertaining to say the least. For me, I've drawn inspiratrion from teams such as yours, especially yours... well done man! :+

the new GEIST can be posted up in the A.L.T.E.R.N group images, it will make a welcome addition! :rock

XpanDrome2097
1st January 2010, 12:30 PM
Awesome ship, the GEIST team!
Nice colours and shape, it looks very fast mate.

andy
1st January 2010, 07:17 PM
thanks guys :)

yeldar2097
2nd January 2010, 11:41 PM
Sexy-Ass :+

WolfKill01
3rd January 2010, 12:34 AM
Nice andy. :rock
Only those were the colors I was going to use for my Wolfbane team :lol

XpanDrome2097
3rd January 2010, 01:15 PM
A.L.T.E.R.N. Evaluation Centre

ISIS Advancements returns again.
By the words of: Thaamtar Sehmunathi, founder of the Egyptian racing team Isis Advancements.

“Our first words must reserved for the serious contribute of A.L.T.E.R.N. Laboratories.
Without their interests in our researches probably Isis Advancements has never see any light!
At the first passes of our researches, the Isis team was only a very weak light, a dream that probably…oh, please don’t make me thinkin’about….unrealizable dream, ugh!
Some money problems, great passion but without any contribute from our government or from every evaluation centre that can be interested in our project…absolutely no one!
At the first times, we have send our e-mail project to the A.L.T.E.R.N. laboratories without any hope or similar…but…what?!
Oh my…oh love…A.L.T.E.R.N. is...what?…interested? At the first times we have thinked about a joke or similar, but the day after…another e-mail…a confirmation of a conspicuous, serious donation from A.L.T.E.R.N….oh, on that moment all the members of the Isis team was at the seventh heaven…probably the best moment of our existence as Isis Advancements!
Thanks a lot! Thanks again! We have promised all our best works to you, A.L.T.E.R.N.!”

Talking about the A.G.-Ship model:

“Oh, the new model…?!
Yeeeessss!!
We have a lot of hope in this new model of ship…the project is absolutely new!
Do you remember our first take, the “scarab” ship?
Yes? Well…delete it, uahahah!
That ship was excessively expensive to be realized…and, honestly, the final result wasn’t very good for ourselves!
The reason in simple, very simple: our team was born to offer the greatest relationship between top speed and handling, and honestly the previous model was a true delusion under that points of view, from this we have took the decision to start a new project, with a new, awesome model!
The ship will be called “Goddess.01” and can represents, without any doubt, one of the best incarnations of our racing philosophy: the greatest relationship between an awesome top speed and a very great handling, those are our greatest interests!
And we know, as firsts, that to offer this relationship we must sacrifice a lot of thrust, but we believe that with our handling we won’t have any problems to find the right way to reprise the right speed in the hardest curves of the tracks, eheheh.
Our shield level is good, and probably we can’t offer a better shield, if we consider that a greater shield protection will represents a serious sacrifice in terms of handling, and this for us is not a great parameter, because is the opposite of our racing philosophy, and, honestly, we don’t have a great lot of money hihihihi…
The name of the ship, “Goddess.01” is a serious tribute to the figure of Isis mythological figure and the Ankh symbol at the same time, as a tribute to our ancient traditions and a good hope for ourselves, and, believe us, we need this a lot, because at the first times the difficulties was very excessive.
But under this pint of view our ship represents a piece of art, because its unique and particular shape style is designed to offer the best aerodynamic possible (take a look at the lateral wings, they’re not casual), and in our tests we have see that its awesome handling is the best cure against its poor thrust.
Eeehh, thrust…without any doubt, under the thrust point we are the weakest team, but the adversaries must be able to understand our racing trajectories, because a great handling like this is very difficult to offer with those valour of top speed and shield.
At the first times, our studies was to design a top speed ship (marked as 10), but the money was not sufficient for this and this represents a very poor shield, and we believe that this definitive model is the most balanced ever possible!
What a long discussion, we love to talk about our work, uahahah!
Our definitive refinements for the ship model are not complete and our logo can be changed, but we are very excited to offer to you a panoramic vision of our model: ok, it’s not a masterpiece, but there’s a lot of honestly and passion beyond this work, believe us!
Our first pilot is…mmmhh…Tyna Kymathawav, a very sexy Egyptian lady, and the second pilot is a component of our team, Muhammad Sergazatanov, from Morocco.”

Your final words:

“What? Our slogan?
Mmmh…

(He waits a time)

.Mmmhhh…ok…Legendary Wings!
Our wings are legend, the wings of destiny: our destiny is the victory!

It’s a imminent idea…it’s not that bad!”

Ship model/racing skills: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1849

Isis logo - not definitive: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1850

Lance
3rd January 2010, 04:55 PM
Yikes. Lance's crazy brain suddenly has a vision of racing sarcophagi piloted by their very own reanimated mummies ["I can smEllll a royal mummy." Zahi Hawass]

You wouldn't belIEVE the difficulties of carving a low-mass outer sarcophagus. Sure, the AG can lift anything, but all that mass makes them harder to handle than the original Qirex. And another thing, the carved figures induce tons of aerodynamic drag, but we must do them because it's traditional.

Currently the young and energetic Tutankhamun is leading the race, but the wily old Seti II is setting him up for a pass in the next corner following the loop. I hope the mag-strips can handle the load on that loop, or the pharaohs are in biG trouble.

OneAVGNFan
3rd January 2010, 06:45 PM
Imagine that Feisar union in the future has shuted out Italy and Greece....
Well, I've created the first All-Italian WipEout Team:

VELENO (In English: Poison, Venom), from Italy;

You do know that FEISAR's operational headquarters are in Bologna, Italy?

http://wipeout-game.com/html/content/TeamInfo?team=Feisar

Kyonshi
3rd January 2010, 07:53 PM
Feisar's HQ are located in Italia, yes, but the ship is made under the banner of the European Union, hence the signification of the consortium name F.E.I.S.A.R.: Federal European Industrial Science And Research.

Its not really an all-italian ship, but a collective of European governments, investors and developers. :)

OneAVGNFan
3rd January 2010, 08:03 PM
Other than Feisar's hq location. the new all-italian team is a good idea.

Lance
3rd January 2010, 08:40 PM
I suspect that there's sufficient room in Italy for more than one team. Even enough room in one city.

XpanDrome2097
3rd January 2010, 09:53 PM
Yikes. Lance's crazy brain suddenly has a vision of racing sarcophagi piloted by their very own reanimated mummies ["I can smEllll a royal mummy." Zahi Hawass]

You wouldn't belIEVE the difficulties of carving a low-mass outer sarcophagus. Sure, the AG can lift anything, but all that mass makes them harder to handle than the original Qirex. And another thing, the carved figures induce tons of aerodynamic drag, but we must do them because it's traditional.

Currently the young and energetic Tutankhamun is leading the race, but the wily old Seti II is setting him up for a pass in the next corner following the loop. I hope the mag-strips can handle the load on that loop, or the pharaohs are in biG trouble.

:g

Hi Lance, very psichedelyc vision :P.
Please send me a private message when you've got another vision like this :hyper.

Lance
3rd January 2010, 11:28 PM
I swear that I was not under the influence of any drugs whatever. Maybe it's just because I was [and am] cold. [down around the freezing point of water at night here for several days in a row. Florida should not be like this.]

wipeout rocks
4th January 2010, 09:30 AM
I made a new one called TIGER

stats:

top speed 9/10
acceleration 6/10
shield 10/10
handling 7/10

picture(s):
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=2169

abukii
4th January 2010, 10:56 AM
Nice ship, wipeout rocks. I, personally, would give it high Speed, Thrust and Handeling and nerf the Shields. Its more of a real life tiger. But the design looks pretty slick :)

wipeout rocks
4th January 2010, 12:54 PM
ive been deciding where its base is and i think it will be lancashire

mdhay
4th January 2010, 12:58 PM
Are you in Lancashire? :hyper :hyper

wipeout rocks
4th January 2010, 03:44 PM
yep i am

mdhay
4th January 2010, 03:50 PM
Good to know somebody else here likes wipEout. :g

ACE-FLO
4th January 2010, 04:26 PM
A.L.T.E.R.N. Evaluation Centre

At the first times, we have send our e-mail project to the A.L.T.E.R.N. laboratories without any hope or similar…but…what?!
Oh my…oh love…A.L.T.E.R.N. is...what?…interested? At the first times we have thinked about a joke or similar, but the day after…another e-mail…

Yes, I remember calling you at your office to ensure you that this was indeed, no joke! Since then, Team Isis Advancements have gone from strength to strength. A recent poll survey from the FX500 showed that Isis does indeed have the largest fan base - an excellent acheivement from a team with very humble beginnings... You made a very good impact! And we're proud to be partners in technologies together with you! :) and now we have the latest incarnation for ISIS - I bet you are a proud man! :hyper

Goki Tengu Group - A.L.T.E.R.N Update

Not broadcast on official datacasts, I've chosen to keep low profile. As you are all aware of the Goki Tengu Groups intentions to sabotage any globally recognized organisation related to power industries. The targets of their most recent attacks were A.L.T.E.R.N and Team Volcano Hi-Tec Engine Core Research Laboratories. Good news at last, we figured out their modus operandi, thus we ascertained the culprit responsible for the data leaks across the net. Now, the culprit (who cannot be named for legal reasons) is being interrogated by a secret govt. section.

I am confident that the danger of data leaks are a thing of the past for A.L.T.E.R.N and Volcano Hi-Tec.

Team Tez Dharkan was affected by the data leaks, R&D had been grounded until the issues surrounding the sensitive nature of the leaks was resolved. Work still resumed but not on the FX500 model. Mdhay, CO-Director of A.L.T.E.R.N, managed a project so secretive, that even I was unaware of its' nature. I am ofcourse talking about the new ship entry for the FX150 - Mdhay kept AirLicker Group on the map during our 'quiet' time - cheers buddy :) Meanwhile, Designer_79, also CO-Director of A.L.T.E.R.N - engaged his time and energies into the sixth sense project (officially named The Roopa-Instinct Project or T.R.I.P) mentioned in previous datacasts. Preeti is heading it now. The time has come, and Designer_79 and his team have resumed works on the ship once again.

We hope to share more with you soon. ;)

Ace
A.L.T.E.R.N

Lance
4th January 2010, 04:40 PM
mdhay: Such Lancashirians [reluctant to say Lancastrians, whole 'nuther barrel of koi] are extremely rare?

mdhay
4th January 2010, 04:43 PM
No, just that not many admit it. :g

ACE-FLO
4th January 2010, 04:49 PM
it's true! Thing is, with all those hills - you could lay a helluvan AG-track there... [Mdhay - I know you're getting ideas to sketchup a track over BlackBurn :g]

mdhay
4th January 2010, 05:04 PM
You're in my head?!!??! Don't tell the russians about what's in there, they would be able to build a Metal Gear with that! ;)

ACE-FLO
4th January 2010, 05:35 PM
hihi equation: Google earth + Google sketchup = Mdhay occupied (making/designing a track over Blackburn) :g

... and why not? Credit where credit due man - you rolled out some awesome ships in sketchup, my fave has to be the zone ships - just love 'em!!!

EDIT: As for the whole Metal Gear thing and the Russians... schitt... they're probably reading this thread right now - sending reinforcements! :g

WolfKill01
4th January 2010, 11:00 PM
WolfBane R.D. *UPDATE*

WolfBane's lack of participation in the FX350 and FX400 were no less shocking. To retort to the general public's surprise, Joshuah Hoffman released the following statement at the 2208 AG Purity Festival:

"Our absence from the FX-350 and 400 leagues may have been surprising to you. And some big, un-named racing companies have beleived we're running scared. We have attended this festival in order to prove them wrong, and prove to you that our craft is as strong as ever, as is our motivation to show them what we're made of. We have taken the extra time to re-assess our crafts performance and have re-engineered our craft to become one of the strongest contenders on the track. We present you with the new AlphaWolf ver. 009 along with the first public demonstration of our craft. Pepare yourselves...we are here."

Speed: 9.0
Thrust: 9.0
Shield: 7.0
Handleing: 6.0

You can thank mu5 for the renders. He did an awesome job. :rock
The paint skin is only tempoary until I can Make a new one in Paint Shop. (should've done that months ago befor my trial expired :paperbag)

Hopefully there won't be a two month gap between my updates either :lol

andy
5th January 2010, 12:28 AM
That's looking excellent :D i did try to do your design a while ago but it was a bit rubbish lol. Well done to mu5 as well :)

ACE-FLO
5th January 2010, 01:12 AM
Nice renders Mu5, and good to have you back here too Wolfkill01. The alphawolf looks very faast! :)

XpanDrome2097
5th January 2010, 11:57 AM
WolfBane R.D. *UPDATE*

WolfBane's lack of participation in the FX350 and FX400 were no less shocking. To retort to the general public's surprise, Joshuah Hoffman released the following statement at the 2208 AG Purity Festival:

"Our absence from the FX-350 and 400 leagues may have been surprising to you. And some big, un-named racing companies have beleived we're running scared. We have attended this festival in order to prove them wrong, and prove to you that our craft is as strong as ever, as is our motivation to show them what we're made of. We have taken the extra time to re-assess our crafts performance and have re-engineered our craft to become one of the strongest contenders on the track. We present you with the new AlphaWolf ver. 009 along with the first public demonstration of our craft. Pepare yourselves...we are here."

Speed: 9.5
Thrust: 9.0
Shield: 6.5
Handleing: 7.0

You can thank mu5 for the renders. He did an awesome job. :rock
The paint skin is only tempoary until I can Make a new one in Paint Shop. (should've done that months ago befor my trial expired :paperbag)

Hopefully there won't be a two month gap between my updates either :lol

Oh...

:eek

THIS SHIP LOOKS ABSOLUTELY F*****G GREAT :rock:rock:rock:rock!
Sorry for the enthusiasm, mi face is still this --> :o, but I love its thin, sleek and fast style, it has a bit of Icaras...and I LOVE Icaras:+.
You have all of my compliments!

Rock On WolfBane :+:hyper:rock:beer!

Dan Locke
6th January 2010, 07:02 PM
It would be cool to have a secret unlockable Designers Republic ship. Picture the ship from the European cover of the first game, completely blank, but with the Angry Man prominently displayed somewhere on it (maybe the nose or one of the fins). It would be a great way to honor the original Wipeout and The Designers Republic, and it would make up for Wipeout Fusion's "G-Tech"!

The only problem would be getting the rights to actually include the ship in the game.

ACE-FLO
6th January 2010, 07:27 PM
(I'm on a Fury kick and dammit, I'm gonna make the most of it! This is my personal case for a Zone team...)

Velos Escudo

Sorry to quote it all but - How did I manage to miss this new entry? :? Nice work... :rock

I made a new one called TIGER

stats:

top speed 9/10
acceleration 6/10
shield 10/10
handling 7/10

picture(s):
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=2169

... Yeah, missed this one also - good going peeps! I think I'm nearing the time where I need to re-read the thread from beginning to end - long, I know, but hella entertaining! :hyper for example:

Currently the young and energetic Tutankhamun is leading the race, but the wily old Seti II is setting him up for a pass in the next corner following the loop. I hope the mag-strips can handle the load on that loop, or the pharaohs are in biG trouble. ... for everything else, there's MASTERCARD! :D

A.L.T.E.R.N FX400 Files

Here is the link to the work from the AirLicker Group featured on the AG-sys and EG-x models for the FX400 Pulse seasons, enjoy: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=40

Mu5
7th January 2010, 12:33 AM
@Dan : Nice idea for a skin bro :)

I think I will do a DR skin for my AG-Sys :D :+

Mr Phlanj
8th January 2010, 06:13 PM
eeeeeeeeey

after seeing the awesome ship wolf made it inspierd me to give sketchUp a go. i dont really know what im doing :D its just trial and error but I call it "the tank"
thats the 1st half of it. i still need to make the back and some detail

SaturnReturn
8th January 2010, 08:52 PM
That reminds me of a Seacat ferry.

Thruster2097
8th January 2010, 09:04 PM
hehe... the seacat ferry useful after all!!!!!! love it! yeah kinda does... needs to have deeper... ummmm hulls?????? and a little more work on the back of that ship and you have yourself a mighty fine racer there!!!!!!!! oh soooo different from the days of my bitmap images :P

and if your talking track locations you could quite happily flatten most of orpington and as much of bromley as you could get away with.
yup.
:paperbag

Lance
8th January 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi, Thrusty. :) Do you have a bit of a grudge against Orpington and Bromley? Surely they are lovely and innocent paradises?

Thruster2097
8th January 2010, 09:42 PM
hey : lance!! nope no specific grudge as such, just feel that london could do with a new car park. it would be ideal (after the ag-racing is finished, of course!!) bsides it is essentially one giant field. not much work needs to be done and being selfish, its quite close :)

Lance
8th January 2010, 09:48 PM
London might be better off with a snowstorm-proof rail system. But I digress.

Thruster2097
8th January 2010, 09:54 PM
to see people, friends, colleagues around me start to become physically scared at the sight of more snow today just....... oh people are not what they used to be :P
speaking about my old bitmaps im pretty sure I transferred them over to my new compy! will have to have a little search...