PDA

View Full Version : North American Team WO Team

TarotCardKiller
19th June 2009, 07:08 AM
I haven't seen an official public thread for this subject and thought Canada, US, Mexico, and other countries on this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_countries should make one team. A North American Team. What do you guys think of that idea.

If agreed, then we can find some candidates and figure how to select the 8.

Here is a list of potential pilots. I don't know too many wipers so let me know if I missed someone. To find out the mains/reserves, we'll do tourneys similar to KGB1971's "qualification" procedure if we have enough people. Qualifiers would be the pilots split into 2 groups. Each group of pilots would have a 8 race(forward or reverse) tourney or all 16 tracks . From there, the top 4 from each group can go on to have a 8 player tourney. 8 is fine if all 16 tracks is too long. From that tourney, we'd have the team, 1-4 mains with 5-8 the reserves. The races can either be w/ or w/o weapons. Selecting pilots for each group can be random, alphabetical order, or by geographical location.

If agreed, we can set a date. It'd be great to have the team by the 30th; if not, we'll work fast. I'll continue to contact the pilots and maybe others. Thanks for you input/help guys.

As of right now, this Friday the 3rd is the set date. I hope to see you guys there.
AG-Wolf
-BlochNWhitey
-Cerium
-DividedXZero
-Evolite
-Feisar31
-IH8YOU
-LoudandProud
-Mjolnir74
-RedScar
-RJ O'Connel
-TarotCardKiller
-TheFrostE
-Vartazian

- --> confirmed they would like to participate (helps me remember) =]

OBH
19th June 2009, 09:13 AM
great idea :)
twice we tried to race you guys, and twice it failed miserably :)

LOUDandPROUD
19th June 2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds good to me! :+

KIGO1987
19th June 2009, 10:34 PM
Some new guy from Jamaica joined here. He can join the North America team. I thought there would be heaps more North American pilots here, with there own team/social group.

What about Frost and Darkdrium777? They could organise something.

TarotCardKiller
19th June 2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up KIGO. There is a post about a N. American team in the group but it doesn't get any traffic and hardly gets responses. As for the Jamaican, (what's his sn) since he joined yours, I'll let him decide whether to join Australia or the N. America team (assuming there is one).

As for DarkDrium and the FrostE, I believe there is a big gathering in the Northern US this weekend so it'll probably be settled sometime next week. I know Vartazian wants in for sure. LaP -- I'll add you to the list.

I do wonder if there are wipers in the Southern US.

KIGO1987
19th June 2009, 11:20 PM
The Jamaican guy joined here a few weeks ago. Dont remember his name. He created a thread here somewhere.

Vartazian
21st June 2009, 11:42 AM
We should really find out whos the Main 4 and the 4 Back ups,

We dont want the Europeans laughing at us.

tug_14
21st June 2009, 11:47 AM
too late :)

TarotCardKiller
21st June 2009, 03:31 PM
Ideas and suggestions from the other side of the Atlantic ocean would be greatly appreciated.

SaturnReturn
21st June 2009, 03:45 PM
I though GTP_Rorschach was Irish for some reason. Have you asked BlochNWhitey? He doesn't play online much but if you could convince him then he could be a good addition to any team.

Darkdrium777
23rd June 2009, 09:17 PM
I will participate as long as it doesn't interfere with anything else...
That anything else still has to be defined so for now it seems all right.

Vartazian
23rd June 2009, 11:23 PM
A tournament, We should just have a Vote IMO. One lucky Race shouldnt determine the team for our Continent,

People know who are fast, we have all raced eachother.

The problem is with that it becomes a popularity contest, (I hope some of us are more mature then that) Im sure we can discuss alternate methods here.

SaturnReturn
23rd June 2009, 11:39 PM
I saw Evolite online today. He quit the game just after I joined so I didn't get to play him, but I've heard he's really quick. Might be worth seeing if he's interested and including him in the process. Not long to decide now fellas. Registration closes June 30th.

TarotCardKiller
24th June 2009, 01:57 AM
I used the thread in the NAWT group to add more players.

We don't have to use the tourney method; a vote will get the job done. (just an idea) We can vote 4 starters and 4 reserves. I'm not sure if everyone has raced each other though. I haven't raced a few: RJ O'Connell, DividedXZero, RedScar and Avenger2197. I will send out some PMs to make sure everyone is aware and find out what you guys want. We have til' the 30th, any idea is welcome.

Thanks for the heads up Sat'. I'll ask Evolite and see if he is interested.

Feisar31
24th June 2009, 04:24 AM
I'm still interested in participating, but if we have a qualifying tournament before the 30th I'm not sure if I could make it. I would be happy to just be an alternate though (if that's possible).

It might be good to show who has confirmed their interest and who hasn't in that list in the first post. Thanks for taking the initiative on this TCK. :cowboy

Mad-Ice
24th June 2009, 06:21 AM
Good to see thing are picking up in team Nawty. Thanks TCK. I hope we will have enough teams very soon. The Japanese team is almost ready too.

Good luck and see you all in the WWC 2009.

DJ Techno
24th June 2009, 07:28 AM
I haven't seen an official public thread for this subject and thought Canada, US, Mexico, and other countries on this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_countries should make one team. A North American Team. What do you guys think of that idea.

If agreed, then we can find some candidates and figure how to select the 8.

Here is a list of potential pilots. I don't know too many wipers so let me know if I missed someone. To find out the mains/reserves, we'll do tourneys similar to KGB1971's "qualification" procedure if we have enough people. I think it'd be ideal to have this team by June 28th but the sooner the better.

AG-Wolf
Avenger2197
-BlochNWhitey
-DarkDrium777
DividedXZero
-Feisar31
IH8YOU
-LoudandProud
RedScar
RJ O'Connell
-TarotCardKiller
TheFrostE
-Vartazian

- --> confirmed they would like to participate (to help ME remember) =]

what the hell.....

their some tryouts for this olympic team or just find an information book...

TarotCardKiller
24th June 2009, 03:07 PM
I'll admit. I'm not great at organizing, but I'm trying my best. I listed the pilots that I know are N. American but am asking all of them to make sure they want to participate. From there, a tryout date will be set.

If you have any ideas that will help. I'm open to suggestions.

DividedXZero
24th June 2009, 05:53 PM
I'm more than happy to participate. I just need to know the qualification procedures, and what day and time.

OBH
24th June 2009, 06:11 PM
Great to see you guys getting the ball rolling :)

TheFrostE
24th June 2009, 06:14 PM
ill get into it once HD doesnt suck so hard...unless the old Wipeouts are included as well.

TarotCardKiller
24th June 2009, 07:23 PM
As of right now, we can hold 2 tourney's with the 12 people we have now to pick the spots or we can do a flat out vote for the spots. I'll try to find a way to give you a shot at the team Feisar31.

FrostE - This team is mainly is for WOHD. Another team may be created for other Wipeouts if you guys enjoy those too.

I'm still waiting on a few replies from other zoners.

RJ O'Connell
24th June 2009, 09:35 PM
Absolutely would love to be a part of this team. :g

TheFrostE
24th June 2009, 10:43 PM
ill go with DD on this one...if it doesnt interfere with my work schedule or my "away from wipeout life" then im in.

PSS- dont invite evolite...no offense but hes a tool. your lucky you never played him saturn...hes a quitter who couldnt take losing and has often sent numerous rude msgs to ppl here in game when he did lose.

Vartazian
25th June 2009, 02:19 AM
Me And TCK were Talking about this on HD last night and I told him My Picks for the Team.

* Are Main Racers
- Are Backups

TarotCardKiller*
DarkD777*
Vartazian*
Feisar31*
RJ-
Bloch-
L&P-
Frost-

Thats just my Personal opinion. Some people may not agree.

Darkdrium777
25th June 2009, 02:46 AM
Personally I think we should hold qualifiers. In some way, shape or form. It would prevent any form of outcry and be as just and fair as possible.
Don't know when though, or how it should work exactly.

TarotCardKiller
25th June 2009, 03:09 AM
DD777 & FrostE - I'm sure the team won't interfere w/ priorities you have.l If anything, races/events will be scheduled to accomodate everyone.

If everyone prefers not to vote, here is an idea. (assuming all 12 pilots participate) Qualifiers would be the 12 pilots split into 2 groups. Each group of 6 would have a 6-8 race tourney. From there, the top 4 from each group can go on to have a 8 player tourney. 6-8 races is fine if all 16 tracks is too long. From that tourney, we'd have the team, 1-4 mains with 5-8 the reserves. As for tracks, we can have each racer select a track (same ones being discouraged) or all 16. The races can either be w/ or w/o weapons.

What do you guys think ? If agreed, we can move on to selecting a date.

btw, selecting pilots for each group can be random, alphabetical order, or by geographical location.

Darkdrium777
25th June 2009, 03:14 AM
Sounds good.

Feisar31
25th June 2009, 03:49 AM
I tend to prefer the qualification idea, but starting tomorrow I'll be out of town for a while, probably until after the 30th. If you guys want to go ahead without me that's fine; it's no big deal. I'll provide moral support. ;)

I would recommend that the tournaments be 8 or 16 races (forward/reverse or all tracks) for simplicity's sake. Apparently each round in the WWC will have both weapons on and weapons off, so I'm not sure what to suggest there.

By the way, the original World Cup thread had Cerium listed for the US and Mjolnir74 for Canada. We might want to try to contact them too. Obviously someone will need to get in touch with AG-Wolf elsewhere since he's currently banned.

TheFrostE
25th June 2009, 03:59 AM
well if im a ringer then i dont have to worry about timing since i probably wont be playing lol :p...i also dont think any of us should have to qualify for the team...since HD is based much off of luck and hoping you get Brs and a million quakes :D . we are all very good pilots, cant you just go by who is on their PS3 at the time of the match? just have fun with it.

actually what would be easier for me is to give the organizer my cell # or something...i ALWAYS have my phone around the house with me or with me when im out...and wont be on ps3 or PC 24/7...sooooo if you need me you can text/call really quick and ill be more readily available that way.

TarotCardKiller
25th June 2009, 04:30 AM
That is the fairest way to deal with events/races. What do you guys think about doing it that way ? I don't want to anyone's ideas to be ignored.

Feisar31 - Thanks for suggesting those pilots; I sent them messages.

JABBERJAW
25th June 2009, 01:14 PM
Froste = backup :(

Lets leave Jordan on the bench for the fourth quarter

Avenger2197
25th June 2009, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately, my work has me there close to the whole week for the next few weeks:frown:, so I won't be able to attend. Or, act as reserve, or anything. Sorry guys. Hopefully when summer in the US goes away I'll actually be able to participate in WO events again.

Ahh, the joys of working in a movie theatre.

DividedXZero
25th June 2009, 02:02 PM
Well i'm still up for this, i like the tourney based qualifications.

RJ O'Connell
25th June 2009, 07:06 PM
I actually like being a "backup" pilot right now since I may be out of town without a PS3 (or at least a way to play it online) for the latter part of July, not to mention school in the afternoon (Euro evening). The next month will be a busy time and I'll try to find time for Wipeout.

TarotCardKiller
26th June 2009, 05:57 AM
RJ - Euro evening ? Are you going overseas ?
Avenger - At least you get to see movies a lot earlier. I haven't seen Terminator or the new Transformers yet.

It seems everyone is ok with the qualiifiers idea. I was able to get in contact w/ Evolite (he has joined the forum - don't forget to welcome him) . Would this weekend be a good date for qualifiers? Saturday or Sunday ? If we wait til' the 30th, Feisar31 can participate. I'm sure it shouldn't tkae more than a couple of hours; the timezones are at a minimum =].

Avenger2197
26th June 2009, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=TarotCardKiller;133135]Avenger - At least you get to see movies a lot earlier. I haven't seen Terminator or the new Transformers yet.QUOTE]

It's a perk I rarely take advantage of, trust me. I haven't seen the new terminator either. Go figure;)

OT: About the end of July/ beginning of August my schedule should free up some so keep me in mind. Would love to help out where I could.:g

LOUDandPROUD
26th June 2009, 06:20 PM
Whether we do qualifiers or a vote doesn't really matter to me, as there's both pros and cons to each method, but either will get the job done. I will be out of state and unavailable for qualifiers all this weekend though. My availability on Mon-Thurs next week would be between the times of 5PM and 11PM US EST.

RJ O'Connell
26th June 2009, 10:34 PM
RJ - Euro evening ? Are you going overseas ?
"Euro evening" is my term for the afternoon with regards to online races. I know some people like Asayyeah don't require sleep though so they can fly any time of the day ;)

BlochNWhitey
27th June 2009, 07:49 AM
It can go either way, a vote just happens to be easier and less painful. ;P Willing to participate for sure, I work all days this week though, but I get home at 8pm EST, if that helps.

RedScar
27th June 2009, 09:29 PM
I've very game for this, don't know how well I will do against that list of other great racers but I'll toss my self at the challenge anyway.

Darkdrium777
28th June 2009, 12:30 AM
I have to remove my candidacy, as something has occurred at the personal level which will most likely occupy most of my time for the following days. I'm sorry.
Good luck to all the participants.

TarotCardKiller
28th June 2009, 03:36 AM
DD777 I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you.

I added you to the list RedScar. As the registration deadline nears, would it be alright with you guys to do the qualifiers Monday or Tuesday ? 8PM EST either day work out great as it'll probably take 2/3 hours at the max depending whether or not we're doing all 16 tracks each tourney. We'll make arrangements if there are conflicts. I'll continue to keep the list updated and accurate.

BlochNWhitey
28th June 2009, 05:04 AM
I'll have to try to rush home from work then if it's Tuesday, I should be okay on Monday though.

Vartazian
28th June 2009, 06:09 AM
Monday and Tuesday dont work for me, Wednesday would be much prefered.

LOUDandPROUD
28th June 2009, 01:01 PM
Those days/times work fine for me.

RedScar
28th June 2009, 04:43 PM
Being unemployed leaves those days open for me, but lately my internet has been on its period so to speak. Fingers crossed that it works. Send me some friend requests if you can, I have like 1 WO-Zoner on it.

DividedXZero
29th June 2009, 01:20 PM
I would prefer Tuesday/ or Wednesday if that's still an option. But Monday (today) isnt available to me. I'm in central time btw, so any time after 5 pm is good for me. :)

Cerium
30th June 2009, 04:23 AM
Sorry for the late reply (Just got back from Origins :D), but I can give this a shot; assuming I've not already missed it.

I'm in central time, and so long as I know about the event in advance I can probably make it.

RedScar
30th June 2009, 04:04 PM
so when is this happening TCK

TarotCardKiller
30th June 2009, 09:01 PM
I think it has to be postponed for a few days due to the short notice and a blurry date. Sorry guys.

I spoke with Mad Ice and he gave the go ahead for this weekend. I found my mistake last time was not being clear on a date/procedure. This Friday at 9PMEST sound good ? Let's decide it by tomorrow/Wednesday to make the date concrete giving ample time to prepare.

In the qualifiers, we'll see who wants to participate at the time of the tourney. A pre emptive list will help. If there are more than 8, then we'll decide the groups by splitting them down the middle in alphabetical order. 16 tracks each tourney should be sufficient as it is the weekend if you guys don't mind 32 races.

Lets get the date/time settled quick! For those of you that don't reply, I'll send you a PM tomorrow to make sure you're aware. Sorry about the hassle guys.

LOUDandPROUD
30th June 2009, 10:59 PM
Friday at 9 works for me. :+

BlochNWhitey
1st July 2009, 04:56 AM
Won't be able to make it Friday or Saturday, as I won't be home till Sunday at about 7:30pm(EST).

But you guys can decide either way.

KGB
1st July 2009, 07:44 AM
:lol Your having more trouble than I did TCK! Good luck everyone when you get to it.

Vartazian
1st July 2009, 07:54 AM
This is why I suggest a poll... less messy... and everyone gets a shot... we all know who's is capable of what here.

LOUDandPROUD
1st July 2009, 03:55 PM
As I said before, I think that works just fine too...I have no problem if we just go with a poll. :+

RedScar
1st July 2009, 04:49 PM
TO THE POLLS
Although I think im good with Friday at 9 still

SaturnReturn
1st July 2009, 05:32 PM
If you guys do decide to do a poll then first you'd need a poll to find out whether everyone has raced everyone else enough to really know their ability. I'm sure not everyone on the list has raced everyone else.

You might find it easier to ask more experienced players from other teams to vote for who they'd least like to race against. I'm sure it would be done honestly and you could get a wider range of views to prevent annoying tied votes, or folks voting for friends etc.

Also, if anyone from Canada could get in touch with djv1nc3 and dobyblue (both fast guys) then the competition could have a Canada and a USA team. I was talking to TCK about this last night and I'm not sure if he was going to try as it might just delay things further. But it would be cool to see both teams if they have enough players.

EDIT: There's also a guy called TreAtzTMA who is Canadian and I think he seemed pretty good. Although after only one short session it's hard to tell.

Feisar31
1st July 2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah Saturn, I was just wondering about splitting the team into US and Canada. That way more players could be involved, and it might reduce the team selection headaches a bit. On the other hand, it would suck if some Canadians pulled out and they didn't have enough players. I believe there are 4 on the list right now? If they could convince Dark to rejoin, and maybe find another pilot or two (Kyonshi is another fast Canadian) then they should have enough alternates. I'm perfectly happy with a North American team though, if we stick with that.

And yes, there are some players on the list who I think I've raced with only once or twice. So I would still prefer qualifiers, but a poll would be OK. Like LoudandProud said, there are pros and cons either way.

Friday or Sunday would work for me for the qualifiers.

RedScar
1st July 2009, 06:22 PM
I don't get on to race much thx to WoW but if anyone want to race me just send a friend request over PSN.

kaori
1st July 2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah Saturn, I was just wondering about splitting the team into US and Canada. That way more players could be involved, and it might reduce the team selection headaches a bit...

I think too you may have two teams, USA and Canada, with

possibility to include some pilots of other countries of America (like Connavar entered in Flying Dutchmen)

Darkdrium777
1st July 2009, 06:59 PM
Right now, I don't think I can rejoin. We had plans for vacation but now what's happened has jeopardized this a bit, and I have no idea what will happen next.
And I talked to Mad-Ice, he said the races would take place in September and I don't think I'll have the time at all then.
It's not about convincing me, it's just that for now I don't see it as possible to invest myself in the game this much.

Vartazian
1st July 2009, 07:55 PM
Well I know without Sufficient good Canadian Pilots, we would just be a joke and would have the other countries laughing at us... lets take the best of NA Personally....

SaturnReturn
1st July 2009, 08:13 PM
No-one would laugh at any other team and Canada do have enough quality pilots in theory. It's more of a matter of whether they can play in the World Cup or not. If most can't then a NA team is definitely better to be sure that a team is available and make it easier to arrange matches etc.

DividedXZero
1st July 2009, 09:44 PM
Man...So are we set on 9pm (EST) this Friday the 3rd?
(Which i guess is 7pm my time-Central)

--Kyonshi is definitely fast, seems to be getting faster since i've known him (PSN friend). We go back and forth, and i've tried getting him here to the zone, but hasnt replied to those msgs.

TarotCardKiller
1st July 2009, 09:46 PM
We can split it up into two teams, but as Feisar said, Canada my not have enough. So far Canada has Evolite, Mjolnir74, RedScar, and Vartazian; the US has 9. If you guys can get more pilots or think that is a sufficient amount, then I'm all for 2 teams. If not, then we'll proceed as planned.

I'm not too concerned about the WWC as it is in September. I want to get some side tourneys in with the English, French, and yes Sat', the Flying Dutchmen =] along with other countries if they're up for it.

I'll contact Evolite, Mjolnir74, RedScar, and Vartazian to see make sure you're aware and see if I can reach other Canadians that are interested.

DividedXZero
2nd July 2009, 12:19 AM
Kyonshi wishes to join, but he cant log into wipeoutzone.

Vartazian
2nd July 2009, 12:48 AM
I pray I dont work this friday for tryouts....

RedScar
2nd July 2009, 01:02 AM
How this tryout going to work TCK? Who is going to host?

kanar
2nd July 2009, 06:25 AM
mmm just to let you know, Kyonshi just joined here (just need activation or something). Two teams (canada & usa) would be cool, but I know it's hard to organize qualifyings and so on. I'll try to redirect US & Canadian pilots (if I race some, and if they're real americans lol) to you TCK or you Vartazian this we, advertising 'em there are national selections around.

Mjolnir74
2nd July 2009, 02:16 PM
Why don't we just go with the one team for NA now, and if we have enough contenders after the try out(s), we can split the teams at that time. I don't really see the point of making a decision until we know for sure what we're dealing with.

OBH
2nd July 2009, 04:58 PM
just do qualifications for each race you get involved in surely? if only 4 available on a certain day, great, theres your team :)

SaturnReturn
2nd July 2009, 05:17 PM
OBH - Do you mean they should just find a team in an impromptu fashion for each world cup match? As much as that makes sense in this situation, I think all 'nations' have to register a 'squad' of up to 8 players, so the pack will have to be whittled down somehow. Or do you mean something else?

OBH
2nd July 2009, 06:28 PM
oh sorry, didnt realise it was for a specific event. I need to learn to read the whole thread before attempting to contribute :)

TarotCardKiller
2nd July 2009, 07:57 PM
Why don't we just go with the one team for NA now, and if we have enough contenders after the try out(s), we can split the teams at that time. I don't really see the point of making a decision until we know for sure what we're dealing with.

That sounds like the best idea for the situation. It may be split later on like Mjolnir stated if we get more contenders. We'll go with a NA Team for now and continue to look for other candidates in the near future. If we get more players, we'll split into two teams. I'd like to continue with this tourney on Friday for now if no one is opposed to it.

It'll start around 9PM EST this Friday the 3rd; if you are early, that's great. Anyone that wants to participate can add TarotCardKiller on PSN and I'll make a chatroom to set up. Like the doubles matches, we'll have 1 race before to test the connections. If there are more than 8 peeps, then Vart will host the 2nd group. I hope there are others who are anxious and want to do this as we have been debating it for quite a while. If you don't want to participate; I understand.

I'll send a PM to everyone.

Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions. This my first and hopefully last time organizing something important. or

Kyonshi
2nd July 2009, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone!

My account is now activated on the forums, so im here to confirm myself my participation to the tourney on Friday.

Thanks to Feisar31 and DividedXZero to mention me as possible contender. TCK, ill had you tonite on my friends list to discuss further infos about this if necessary.

See you all on the race track :P

Vartazian
3rd July 2009, 01:31 AM
Hope you guys are ready to bring your A-Game tommorow!, Ill be ready to represent NA! Gonna have to get through me guys!

Best of luck Everyone!

BlochNWhitey
3rd July 2009, 02:00 AM
Alright, well good luck everyone. I won't be able to make it tomorrow night, so have fun!

Vartazian
4th July 2009, 03:46 AM
After An Amazing Performance by some of North Americas Best Racers, Sub Group B (Vartazian's Group) Came up with their Very CLOSE Results.

After a Grueling 24 Race Circut (the first 8 had to be redone!) These were our Results.

Vartazian - 124pts
Kyonshi - 78pts
Redscar- 81pts
Mjolnir – 59pts
LoudAndProud- 74pts

From Sub Group "B" It was Decided that Vartazian and RedScar should move on to be two of the 4 Mains for The North American Wipeout Team.

Everyone Perfomed Exceptionally Well and I congatulate the rest of our Team-mates that made the team!

TarotCardKiller
4th July 2009, 04:58 AM
We just had the First North American tournament which had a great turnout and great races!

Here are the Results:
Mains: TheFrostE, TarotCardKiller, Vartazian, RedScar
Subs : Kyonshi, Feisar 31, DividedXZ, and LoudandProud

The planning was difficult at first but with the help of everyone, we got it. Lol. My favorite part was the chatroom at the beginning; no one knew what to do. I also forgot to invite FrostE, mid-session he signed on and after being notified the tournament was about to start, he went home.

We DEFINITELY need to have another North American Event. I take back my comment about this event being the last one to organize. If anyone has any ideas for future ones, let us know.

And if you see any more Canadians/Americans/Mexicans, send em' to the forums and here! We have 9,540,000 sq mi of searchable land.

Thanks Cerium, DividedXZero, Feisar31, Kyonshi, LoudandProud, Mjolnir74, RedScar, TheFrostE, Vartazian and everyone else for helping! I hope you guys also had a good time.

TheFrostE
4th July 2009, 05:46 AM
what a blast tonight guys! thanks for the invite and im glad to join the three of you on the main team piloting my feisar baby ;) . i drove home super fast from my friends house after getting the msg on HIS ps3 while drinking and enjoying the company of my brother and friends lol. i actually filmed it driving home..ill have to upload.

RedScar
4th July 2009, 05:52 AM
Awesome racing Kyonshi, L&P, Mjolnir (don't throw the controller just yet), and Vart (even if you do hack :P). I haven't had that much fun racing online in awhile :+ .
That said the Bombs and Mines were INSANE, flying behind any of you is bad for my health, I broke my plastic chair mat by bashing my foot into it :o :lol.

I'm happy I made main but I know it was pure luck at certain cases. Kyonshi, L&P, or Mjolnir could have easily have won it.

Lets get another tourney going either for bragging rights or if new NA users join and wanna chance before Sept/WWC.
I know I'm no where near close to being the fastest in NA, looking at you Dark777 (hope RL going well) and others.
Thx a lot Vart and TCK for setting this up, once we picked a format it was great fun.

Looks like I have to start playing WOHD more, get some more practice to catch up to TheFrostE, TarotCardKiller, and Vartazian. Time to take a break from WoW anyway.

See you out on the track

Vartazian
4th July 2009, 06:02 AM
Hey if I WAS Hacking , I would of had a perfect 128 now wouldnt I? :P

Kyonshi
4th July 2009, 06:16 AM
It was indeed awesome to compete against you guys. I had fun even if i consider having been destroyed 3 times and faced countless shooting weapon hazards while i was first...Grrrrr God i was over-heating :bomb I wish so bad i had made it to the main team. Since i started playing WipEout games i dreamed of taking part in a big championship :)

@TCK

There's a Mexican guy who's ruthless on the racetrack and its CoatlKetzal. He's a solid one and without a doubt could make it to the main team if that would happen again.

RedScar
4th July 2009, 06:23 AM
Well you don't wanna make it obvious now do you Vart. I see your mental games. I was able to beat you a couple times during the first 8 which we didn't record, and L&P rocked that CP run we didn't count. PROOF, now I see why you "forgot" to record the numbers :P
jk jk

or am I?

Vartazian
4th July 2009, 06:56 AM
Oh Shi- IM BUSTED. Yeah lol, well I even ackknowledged the losses.... But I can see what you meant, I owuld be about 8 or 10 shourt of perfect if we counted round 1. I really didn forget to record the first 8 ='(

Heres a banner I made for our country when we sign up, I threw it together. Hope you guys like it!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/Vartazian/TeamNorthAmerica.jpg

If you guys want me to make a better one I gladly will. This was just a small idea that I wanted to throw together in 5 minutes.

silverfoxy
4th July 2009, 07:05 AM
After following TCK around for many races last night and having raced Vartazian many times before I can see you have the makings of a cracking team there.

TarotCardKiller
4th July 2009, 07:10 AM
FrostE - Let me know when you upload that video =]

I actually have CoatKetzal on my list. He told me ketzal meant snake; I didn't know he was Mexican though. I'll see if I can get him on the forum. and you need to take a picture of that plastic chair mat RedScar. It'd be cool to see the destruction WO causes. =D

That banner looks good. Slap a cowboy hat on the AGS and you're good to go =]. j/k you don't have to

Vartazian
4th July 2009, 07:46 AM
Suit up Pilots! We got our first challenge on our hands!

Assuming they Accept...

Team : North America

VS

Team : Australia

Lets Not Lose our first match aight guys? Lets Make our team proud!

LOUDandPROUD
4th July 2009, 02:00 PM
Yah, that was a great time last night, guys...even if I'm a bit embarrassed by the fact I just snuck into the last spot as a sub. :redface: My consistency is horrible! Anyway, great racing to you all and congrats to those who made the team, either as a main or a sub. Thanks to the hosts/organizers, as well!

@ Kyonshi - Don't fret, you could still end up piloting on the main team...I mean, you just never can tell when one of the current mains might encounter an untimely "accident"...bwah-ha-ha. :p

TheFrostE
4th July 2009, 02:48 PM
hey vartazian...wheres the feisar in that banner!?!? ;)

and what is the date for first match...i have work mon-fri. 5:30 am-2:00pm est.
so i have nights and weekends off.

Feisar31
4th July 2009, 08:18 PM
Excellent racing last night! It was tough competition with 9 other great pilots, and I'm just glad to get the spot I did. Still, I wish that first tournament had counted, even though it was a fluke. ;) Congratulations again to our main 4. I like our chances with them come September.

AFAIK this was mainly for the WWC qualification: for other one-off matches we should definitely give others like BlochNWhitey a chance to play or qualify. I was thinking that someday we could try a monster 8v8 match against another Wipeout nation: the top 4s and the bottom 4s face off for the most points total. It might be a little tricky to set up, but if it's on a weekend I'm sure it would be possible.

Thanks again to TCK and Vartazian for organizing everything (or trying to :p).

DividedXZero
7th July 2009, 05:14 AM
Man i tried so hard and so quite a few mishaps..but again i'm glad i at least made a sub. I've been playing around with a banner for the NA team...but had some issues and problems with the "right" look. I avoided using any ships just because different pilots use different ships. (i saw feisar, icaras, goteki45, piranha..etc)

But i was trying to incorporate all flags/colors from all 3 countries of the NA team.

Vartazian
7th July 2009, 05:26 AM
I would of Put a Mexican Flag into the Banner but there is 2 reasons I didnt

1: we dont have any official Mexicans ont he team and

2: theres technically 40+ countries in North America, cant include them all.

I put the AG Systems in there for the Red/White (Canada) and the Auricom for Red/White/Blue (duh The United States).

I put them on opposite sides for the "Contrast" factor.

DividedXZero
7th July 2009, 06:14 AM
I see your point on the mexican flag..
But i thought NA team was decided to be Canada/US/and Mexico...
That's why i took that approach with it.
I love where you went with the AG/Auricom color scheme...
But i just didnt want to favor any ship team in the creation of the NA logo

Vartazian
7th July 2009, 07:02 AM
I dont think its Favouring a ship so to say. Just MAtching the color scheme. I know a good chunk of out team used AG SYS anyways.

Hell if we were in Europe I would be using the Feisar. Africa, Assegai, So on and so on...

If you dont like the Banner Ill take it down. but It was just something I thought the team would Appreciate.

Kyonshi
7th July 2009, 09:44 AM
Actually, North America includes Canada, USA AND Mexico. Any countries further down are considered part of Central America. Then when you get at Colombia's boundaries, its considered South America.

I think that's what my geography classes showed me :P

DividedXZero
7th July 2009, 01:14 PM
If you dont like the Banner Ill take it down. but It was just something I thought the team would Appreciate.

I'm sorry if you feel I dislike it or I'm criticizing it... :|
Just expressing creative thoughts and different views/apporaches to the NA logo.

(And IT IS appreciated) ;)

TarotCardKiller
10th July 2009, 12:21 AM
Easy boys.

AFAIK this was mainly for the WWC qualification: for other one-off matches we should definitely give others like BlochNWhitey a chance to play or qualify. I was thinking that someday we could try a monster 8v8 match against another Wipeout nation: the top 4s and the bottom 4s face off for the most points total. It might be a little tricky to set up, but if it's on a weekend I'm sure it would be possible.

I like your idea about the 8vs8 tourney. If we can get all 16 pilots available at once then I'm sure it'll be fun. We can hold different tourneys before other matches like Feisar31 mentioned. I'll leave that up to you guys to decide; that would include more North American Tourneys which would definitely be fun =D. If there is a lot of interest then we can do that. Let me know.

We might be able to start a new kind of tournament if the feedback is good. Here is a Grand Tour match outline using 4 pilots from each team. The idea is to use both Weapons/No Weapons and create unique events while minimizing lag. Just in case you can't understand the diagram, I'll explain here as well.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/SitarHero/MatchFormatTFDvsNAM.jpg?t=1247010264
There will be a total of 32 races.

At first, the nation teams will split up into teams of 2 and have 8 track tourneys simultaneously. One 2vs2 group will race 8 tracks with weapons while the other 2vs2 group races 8 tracks without weapons. The 8 tracks with weapons will be all forward tracks while the 8 tracks without weapons are the reversed tracks or vice versa.

The second part of the tourney will be an all out 4 vs 4 race to the finish on all 16 tracks with weapons. After all 32 races are over, the team with the most amount of points will win.

This will help make a well-rounded tourney. If my math is right, there are 464 available points in the 4vs4 tourney with an additional 368 in the doubles part. In case you feel you'll have a bad run in the 4vs4 races, you can make up for it in the 2vs2 part. You can use this to your advantage by strategically picking which event a pilot races in. This will take little longer to organize but in the end, there will be less lag, less vista pads, and more fun.

What do you guys think ? Any questions?

Vartazian
10th July 2009, 09:27 AM
I love it TCK.

We would need to Strategically Decide who we want where though. As Determined b our Qualifiers. We definatley excell in Weapon Events!

Ill gladly help you organize this tournament if you so decide you need the help. hopefully we get off on a better foot this time. We know what happened last time....

Now we just have to pick the Roster.

GET ON MSN TCK

RedScar
11th July 2009, 03:50 AM
I like it although im not sure if I understand it correctly. Would this be a second type of qualifyer, practice, or just a tourny for the sake of having one?

Vartazian
11th July 2009, 09:56 AM
I would say we pick best of the best.

Whoever specializes in certain roles should race in that sector.

TheFrostE
11th July 2009, 07:28 PM
i am for sure a much better battler than avalon pilot :D lots of ship wreckage in my wake of fury.

TarotCardKiller
11th July 2009, 10:35 PM
I like it although im not sure if I understand it correctly. Would this be a second type of qualifyer, practice, or just a tourny for the sake of having one?

The Grand Tour match design would be against other national teams or any other 4 pilots that decide they'd like to have a match. There are no qualifiers involved with it. Does that answer your question?

When you said qualifiers, I think you might have been referring to when I said, "We can hold different tourneys before other matches like Feisar31 mentioned." In an earlier post, it was suggested that we have North American tourneys before any match to have a rotation of pilots that represent the NA continent. It would allow for more NA tourneys. I'll leave it up to you guys. If there is interest, we should definitely do it. I wasn't quite clear before, sorry about that.

When it comes to picking the pilots for no weapons/ weapons races, qualifiers are not needed I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to choose.

I'm giving you guys this information early so you can have it and hopefully there will not be any confusion when the time comes to race another team. We can just pick a date and race. I will mention SaturnReturn (the mastermind behind the GT design) and I would like to test this Grand Tour design using the North American Team and The Flying Dutchmen. We'll let others know how it works out.

For now, there is nothing planned. I'll keep you guys updated and will let you know if I need help Vart, thanks. Any questions ? let me know

RedScar
12th July 2009, 04:45 PM
OK, sound good. Just let me know if something is to happen and I shall say if I can show or not.

Vartazian
21st July 2009, 11:50 AM
OKay Guys listen up.

We got 2 months to get our practice in. WipEout World cup is closing in on us fast.

I want to organise some team practices to prepare for the imminent close races we are going to have.

I want to Send France, The Netherlands, Italy and Austria Crying home to their mommies!

If you are on the team send me a few PM's with times you are available. Lets get training folks, Victory comes with practice.

Darkdrium777
22nd July 2009, 10:33 PM
Hire me if you need some additional competition (Like when a spot is open) during your training, when I'm on. Just use a nudge (zomg a useful feature that is) :)
But no, doesn't mean I can return to the team, as uni starts just befor World Cup and I want to have the least distractions at the time.

RedScar
31st July 2009, 07:14 AM
My situation is the same as dark's, Uni starting on the 8th. I will be moving into my apartment on the 4-6th and prob will have my internet on the 6-7th. Work load shouldn't be that heavy first month of the semester, but school > wipeout.

That said, im so down for some "practice" if it means we can do another tourny.

Vartazian
31st July 2009, 07:46 AM
We Desperatley need practice, We need Frost as well. Lets take advantage of everyone playing fury and get some solid practice in.

TarotCardKiller
31st July 2009, 07:47 AM
Same here although school starts the 25th for me. Thanks for letting us know in advance.

Another tourney/practice session would be great. We can start by setting a temporary date and see the availability. Would next weekend, maybe Friday or Saturday be good ? or would you guys prefer a couple of weeks to get settled first?

This will be a more-organized session. Since we're practicing for the WC, we'll do weapon races with the older ships/tracks. It'd be a great idea to have some Zone Battle, Eliminator, and Avalon tourneys too. Maybe a mini-tourney of the new Fury tracks? If you guys are interested, I'll find ways to include those. =D We can do a points-style ranking system to up the ante and bring out the best in everyone.

If you can, please direct some North American pilots to the forums/thread so we can have a bigger pool of pilots to practice with. I know CoatlKetzal, Pngthk, Texus009 and RedAlrt are good pilots.

If this sounds like its too much, let me know. I'm trying to make it fun training session.

TarotCardKiller
1st August 2009, 06:00 AM
I thought about it and realized we don't have to make it that complicated. LOL Lets just play Wipeoout soon. I know FrostE, Vartazian, and RedScar are down for practicing

LOUDandPROUD
1st August 2009, 10:49 PM
I'd definitely be up for some practice, as well. :nod

TarotCardKiller
3rd August 2009, 11:32 AM
It seems a lot of the NA players are up for some practice sessions. We can hold some this coming Thursday 7th and/or Friday 8th. We can make the NA Team chatbox again, share tips/tricks, and make an 'invite only' room lol that doesn't work. It seems to hold of a couple of people off though when they see its 'invite only'. Though many zoners are kind enough to ask to stay =].

I think Thursday or Friday should work, RedScar mentioned his internet should be up by then. If you guys would like to practice/after by yourself, we can post some NTSC ghosts on el habib's website. If you don't know about it yet, you can find out more info in his thread http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5335 .

If Thursday and/or Friday work, how about setting up a time. I've looked a couple of your timezones (I'll finish writing the rest in a bit); this'll help setting up future events more easily. Most of you seem to be in the East so the timing will be in your favor. Maybe 10-11PM GMT-5?
GMT-5 BlochnWhitey, DarkDrium777, Feisar31, Kyonshi, LoudandProud, Mjolnir, RedScar, theFrostE
GMT-6 Cerium, DividedXZero, TarotCardKiller
GMT-8 Vartazian

Again, if you know anyone else that'd like to play/practice with us, let em' know we're here. =]

How's this sound? Any questions, objections, and/or suggestions ? The more we can get, the better.

LOUDandPROUD
3rd August 2009, 04:24 PM
The earlier the better for me...10-11pm is gettin near my bedtime lol. If that's what we settle on though, then I can prob play for a bit anyway.

RedScar
4th August 2009, 04:14 AM
Ya TCK, that is in September for those dates, there is still all of augest left for me to play WO hassle free.

Vartazian
4th August 2009, 04:58 AM
Im up til 5 AM everynight anyways. Ill be there when the teams there.

TarotCardKiller
4th August 2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the replies, this gives me something to work with. =]

From what I've gathered, it might seem best to just set a time, maybe this can be done regularly each week. The practice session will last from 9-12EST, join and leave at your leisure. If you can sign in around those times on Thursday, it'll be great. We'll have a game/chat room up. We can have one on Friday too if you guys are up to it. It'll be nice playing with the NA pilots. I'll send some messages out just to make sure everyone is aware.

RS - Thanks for letting me know

DividedXZero
4th August 2009, 08:52 PM
Sounds Good TCK, perhaps exchange tips to strengthen the NA team as a whole (not only practice for the main pilots but for the subs and any upcoming new NA pilots around).

RedScar
5th August 2009, 01:19 AM
Buddy might wanna hang out on Thursday, but I should be home around 11ish anyway. Friday is cool also.

TarotCardKiller
5th August 2009, 01:33 AM
Alright, we can have sessions Thursday and Friday. You can come in when you want/available. We may do this weekly. This'll help out both the mains and the subs AND any other NA racer that would like to practice.

TorquedSoul
17th August 2009, 11:19 PM
when is the next meet up for this ... I've been the process of relocating and haven't been around.

Vartazian
18th August 2009, 01:23 AM
Teams have alreayd been selected for this years WWC. But we should be having another Meet after WWC (November)

DividedXZero
18th August 2009, 03:12 PM
But we still gather Thur/Fri evenings for practice (...usually...)

TheFrostE
18th August 2009, 07:08 PM
sounds good to me...just hit me up on psn or my phone if im not online! im ready to roll some countries next month :p

Vartazian
18th August 2009, 11:37 PM
Challenge Has been issued.

Team Italy
August 28th (Friday) 3 PM EST.

DividedXZero
19th August 2009, 04:01 PM
3pm Est?

Doesnt that = 2pm Central (or am i doing it wrong?)...because i will be @ work till 5pm.

ShawnFrecle
19th August 2009, 07:03 PM
Well, just got response quickly... The 28th is too early, almost 3 members are unavailable for this date... We must move forward the date... The 4th or the 18th Of September can be? For us friday is the best, but we are open to your time too :D. I think 5pm and 23pm for us will be a good time if you got some problem for the hour

Kyonshi
20th August 2009, 03:28 AM
Hey guys, sorry for not keeping myself more informed about NA Team whereabouts...

Im available during the week after 6pm Eastern, and i always have my week-ends off. Unless i already have something scheduled, im always free during those times. If you ever need me, you can also leave a message on PSN :)

Vartazian
21st August 2009, 11:22 PM
Match Against Italy. CANCELED.