PDA

View Full Version : Small changes

Mateo
18th June 2009, 01:07 AM
I couldn't find an other thread where this would fit in: What small changes do you think would be cool in Wipeout HD?

I would love to see after I finished an online race how much I was away from my personal best time. I'm sure this time would have place somewhere on the "race finished" screen.
Also I think it would be cool to get a little reward for maxing out all ship's loyalty. Just a small reward, so that people who don't have time or desire to do this don't miss anything special, but still something thats nice to have/see/whatever.

RedScar
18th June 2009, 02:04 AM
hit square twice to show your best time and compare it to the time you got by hitting square a third time :P

I'd like a 4th skin for 100k loyalty

jan709
18th June 2009, 06:00 AM
i agree, 100k loyalty is hard work and it should be rewarded. But not with a golden skin i hope;)

mic-dk
18th June 2009, 07:40 AM
I want a matte black skin for my AG-SYS!

(and I also very much miss the possibillity to compare my time in individual races in a tourney)

Mateo
18th June 2009, 10:35 AM
hit square twice to show your best time and compare it to the time you got by hitting square a third time :P

I'd like a 4th skin for 100k loyalty

I just get "rank worldwide" with hitting square once and "comparison to friends" with hitting square twice. Hitting square twice works just if you don't have many wipeout people on your friends list.
And comparing the time in individual races in a tourney would also be really helpful.:hyper

stinkleroy
18th June 2009, 10:46 AM
Yes that's a good point Mateo...when you hit square it brings up the global result of the time you just raced not your PB. I think that would be a really good feature to add :)

guillaume
18th June 2009, 01:17 PM
I'd like Zone rankings to use the maximum zone reached as the first sort criterium, followed by score. I said that before, but I like repeating myself. I said that before, but I like repeating myself.

GreenPhazon
18th June 2009, 02:36 PM
Custom skins would be nice.

LOUDandPROUD
18th June 2009, 04:23 PM
@ guillaume - :lol

mdhay
18th June 2009, 06:13 PM
I'd like Zone rankings to use the maximum zone reached as the first sort criterium, followed by score. I said that before, but I like repeating myself. I said that before, but I like repeating myself.

Redundant, Redundant Redundant.:D (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Redundancy)

RedScar
19th June 2009, 07:45 AM
@stinkleroy
When you look at ur "friends" best times it shows the time you just ran and ur PB. That said you can't do that while in tournies, only single races.

guillaume
19th June 2009, 08:01 AM
Are you sure it's always the case? I believe it only happens if your time is close enough to your previously uploaded record. Close enough meaning that there are not too many of your friends' records between your uploaded record and your new time.

mic-dk
19th June 2009, 09:38 AM
Exactly Gillaume. Usually my PB is a couple of pages up, since only one in 50 races actually results in a decent time :)

KIGO1987
19th June 2009, 10:27 PM
Great thread Mateo:+

I hope some of the SL crew are looking at this. Small updates are good updates, offering small improvements on the game, instead of waiting for long periods of time for a large update.

My idea of a small inclusion which really really really needs to be added onto Wipeout HD is to be able to choose you music soundtrack in the online lobby when selecting a ship. Just like when in the online lobby in Pulse when selecting a ship.

This would be great id it could be done:)

Rapier Racer
29th June 2009, 09:37 PM
I second that change being able to choose your music from the online lobby would be pretty swell.

username
29th June 2009, 11:36 PM
Heres something i would like added to the online mode.
Well as you may or may not know, once the host starts the game there is a three second countdown bar. Once the timeout reaches zero the race begins to load. However - during the countdown period you are unable to leave the game.
I would like to see the timer extended to five seconds and the ability to leave during this period added.

This way if the host disables weapons, changes to a lower speed class, or changes to a nasty track quickly then starts the race, you would still have the chance to quit the race.

Currently if I am in the lobby expecting an Anulpha pass, phantom, with weapons - and then it changes to an Uber mall (yuck), phantom, weapons off and the timer starts i have to wait until the race begins, goto the pause menu, and then select quit.

What do you lot think of that idea?

Mu5
29th June 2009, 11:56 PM
That idea is sweet. I hate when I only want to play single races and then the host changes to tournament mode then instantly starts the game. So annoying.

Also I think the games speed level should be locked so that they cant change it.

Rapier Racer
30th June 2009, 01:19 PM
I tend to keep an eye on the speed class and weapons boxes I only like Phantom and weapons on. If they go blank when the host goes to change the game I usually high tail it out, need to be quick tho but hey this is Wipeout so that shouldn't be a problem ;)

lunar
30th June 2009, 05:28 PM
I hate when I only want to play single races and then the host changes to tournament mode then instantly starts the game.

I completely agree and I also strongly agree with Username. Players need to be given a small window of opportunity to leave in the countdown. Hosts who do things like changing a single race to a 12 race tournament then start it straight away suck. They suck and there`s no nice way of putting it. :) I think a good host always gives people a few seconds no matter what the change.

Also it would stop people who try to trap you in a never ending Anulpha Pass session by hitting start again as soon as the race is over - these sort of people are just weird. Pulse let you escape during the countdown and HD pilots would really benefit from the same.

XBARNSTERX
30th June 2009, 05:53 PM
Its the same with choosing ships, you go to put ag or whatever but the race starts suddenly and your struck with triakis or another ship you dont like also to add to what kigo said about music choice in the lobby, top idea by the way . a option for cds in the drive would be nice or alternatively usb port for your mp3 player . this would save memory on your ps too.

GreenPhazon
30th June 2009, 06:41 PM
I want a track skip button for bgm.

Mu5
2nd July 2009, 01:00 AM
I want ships that are sitting on the start line not to be mistaken for targets while racing - Ive lost a few matches due to firing on the person in front and my missile hits a ship which is not in active play. I would say that this is a bug that needs fixed, more than a small change.

LOUDandPROUD
2nd July 2009, 03:54 PM
I completely agree...sucks when that happens.

RedScar
4th July 2009, 06:54 PM
New online option, NO collisions. I'm seriously tired of following my racing line and getting shunted off it and losing 50% of my ships energy.

Mateo
5th July 2009, 03:31 AM
I would like to change the % volume for menu music and ingame music seperately. Often the loudness of menu misuc doesn't fit with custom ingame music. When it's ok ingame then, the menu is super loud and i'm tired of adjusting it manually on my TV everytime an online race is finished and I'm waiting for a new one to start.

GreenPhazon
5th July 2009, 01:52 PM
I have the oppostie, quite menu music, fine BGM

Rapier Racer
5th July 2009, 04:22 PM
You know there's a volume leveling option I assume you've tried turning it on and off?

Mateo
5th July 2009, 08:30 PM
Yes tried that already, but still it doesn't fit with the menu music...

NightArh
7th July 2009, 02:01 PM
My main suggestion is to add Russian language in the game ;)

TheFrostE
9th July 2009, 07:12 PM
track skip option for BGM would be a very nice small addition :D

guillaume
16th July 2009, 12:07 PM
It's probably been said before: being able to see the global rankings at the end of a race during an online tournament, just the way it is possible during an online single race.

Aeroracer
9th August 2009, 12:41 AM
that would be good to see.

Also i would change things like when u hit some of the scenery like a silly little sign you ship destroys it and dosnt just bounce off it directly backwards in slow motion..thats so annoying and unrealistic.:nod