PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 4 VS Virtua Fighter 4 !

Asche XL
29th October 2002, 01:31 AM
For those of you who played both which would you say is better? Im looking to get one of them and cant decide, i havent played either. So give your opinions! ( ps looking foward to mk5)

Wiseman
29th October 2002, 06:29 AM
Don't have much time now, so I'll start off with the main point.

If you plan on playing it more by yourself than with friends, go with VF4. IMO, it's a more fun game to play by yourself than Tekken 4 is, it's Practice mode totally destroys Tekken's. Also I say this due to the fact that a lot of people don't like/don't understand/have never played Virtua Fighter.

If you plan on playing moreso with friends then buy yourself, go with Tekken 4. Most have played it in arcades already, and since the basic move concept hasn't been changed much from TTT, it's easier for even those who haven't played T4 but have played the previous Tekkens to jump in.

Also the, erm, "interactive" (using the term loosely) arena's from T4 just generally make a 2 player duel more interesting (not quite as thought provoking as VF4, and it's more interesting for your friends who aren't playing to watch) than a bout of VF4.

Besides that, although Tekken 4 has better graphics from a technical standpoint, VF4 is just such a more interesting game to look at than T4 is... this even further enhancing the 1 player experience. While Tekken features a Mall (WOW), a airport (WO-HA) or a forest (oh how original), etc. VF4's beackgrounds are a 100 times more original and interesting to look at. Although they're not really interactive or anything (it follows more along the lines of VF2 than VF3).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to MK:DA as well.

Zebula77
29th October 2002, 10:36 AM
Definately Tekken 4. I had VF4 for 4 months and it was very unimpressive. It's a good game, but Tekken outshines it in every area. Get Tekken 4. Better graphics, characters and gameplay, and the story mode's pretty cool too.

zaarock
29th October 2002, 04:02 PM
tekken4 of course! i have played vf4 in a store and poopy it wasnt fun but i own tekken4 i love it tekkens are in my opinion are the best fighting games ever! jin is my favourite character.

rhys
29th October 2002, 04:38 PM
i have only played tekken 4, but i must say that i never regreted buying it :D

Lance
29th October 2002, 04:42 PM
i'd say to get Soul Calibur!
:D

DJ Techno
30th October 2002, 07:13 PM
Tekken 1-4
Virtual Fighter 1-4
Soul Caliber
Mortal Kombat 1-4
Robotech
Dragon Ball-Z

All them, and Tekken was still the best.
The graphics are awesome
The characters are... to me like real-life people. If you ever go out, see any of the Martial Arts tournaments, It's kind of like watching Tekken in real life
Tekken
Tekken 2
Tekken Tag Tournament
there all great.

You will not regret buying Tekken 4.

Piranha Advancements
16th November 2002, 06:09 AM
Arcade,I prefer Tekken 4.I find VF4's hit damages to be quite high and I don't really like the G,P,K system.However,ported over for the console systems,T4 seems to be severly lacking compared to VF4.

Vasudeva
16th November 2002, 02:30 PM
Fighting games eh? :D

About Tekken:

Wonderful games. BUT. You can never master all characters in detail; you just have to pick a "cluster" of characters and become masters with them. This of course shows the gameplay depth there is to be found in Tekken, but it can also become dull when you happen to fight with a character you know virtually nothing about. Secondly, Tekken is infamous for its button slammers. Any idiot can beat your King's Rolling Death Cradle with a simple Phoenix Smasher and bash your head it. Too bad. The strings are too fragile, and skill isn't always rewarded.

About Virtua Fighter:

Probably the "cleanest" and most lifelike fighting series made. Still doesn't get the respect it actually deserves! Of course, the game not having blood, weapons or weird fighters (although Dural is weird enough...) it often gets the tag of being boring. To an extent, that's true. But it's the closest thing you can get to a fighting sim with fairly straightforward controls.

MORTAL KOMBAT RULES.

V.

Asche XL
16th November 2002, 02:40 PM
MK:DA comes out in 2 days! Woot woot.

Piranha Advancements
17th November 2002, 06:20 PM
Urgh.Phoenix Smasher.Ever so cheap.I had an embarassing loss to this challenger.Not a good Paul user and I was using Nina,won me on the first round.Did a perfect on him on the second.As with Nina,you gotta mix up combos to do a fairly high damage.He just pulled 2 lucky Phoenix Smashers and all was wasted.I even did her Special and he stood there on the receiving end and all I needed to kill him was just a low kick.I did it,the button didnt respond and he countered.Aaah..to lose and to a Paul user at that.He gave this "I'm-the-real-deal" look and I swore I wanted to give him a faceplant if it werent for my girl.Ah well.

Whoa?MK:DA soon already? Coolness.Now if only Soul Calibur 2 were coming over to the PS2..