8th June 2009, 11:40 AM
Which is the most difficult trophy?

- Legend (elite skill)
- Zico
- Zone Zeus
- Arcade perfect

Glaciuscreations
8th June 2009, 11:43 AM
imo Zone Zeus and Zico , i did arcade under 2 hours .
And Zone zeus i havent done yet and Zico took me 999 laps x3 to get lol

glac

Amorbis
8th June 2009, 12:10 PM
Zone Zeus and Beat Zico are the most infamous of the trophies with their reasons. Even though it took me longer to do I found Zone Zeus was probably the easier trophy, unlike Beat Zico it does not require knowledge of any shortcuts and where you have to barrel roll. Zone Zeus is more getting used to higher speeds and trial and error.

If it wasn't for this forum I doubt I would have beaten Zico so soon, so I think Zico is slightly more difficult than Zone Zeus. But not by a wide margin.

KIGO1987
8th June 2009, 12:10 PM
****ing zico

mic-dk
8th June 2009, 12:14 PM
Zone Zeus - at least for me. I just don't have the patience involved for the first ~40 zones I can do without problems.

Spece2goin
8th June 2009, 12:14 PM
well, i got Zico
i got Legend before (but the silver trophy) : it's gold medal on all cells? whatever teh difficulty?
i'm trying to get gold medal on each cells with hard difficulty.
i thought i won't be able to make it, but in fact, i made only two races (i have 2h of WO in a month) and beat the cpu in hard on both.
of course, i speak of meltdown campaing, with phantom races.
So that trophy, and the Aracde perfect (wich is if i remember well, winning each race of a all tracks tournament in phantom and hard) won't be so hard now.

But definetly, zone mode is not my thing. Maybe because i don't have much practice.
My best zone is 48 on AP, too bad!

i wish i own a PS3.

stinkleroy
8th June 2009, 12:32 PM
I voted for zone zeus because zone mode makes my eyes bleed. I should practice. Also zico I haven't really tried much with either, maybe I'll have another go at that sometime :) Just not really bothered about trophies...had to beat the elite AI though, it just had to be done. They deserved a trashing :lol

Hemicrania
8th June 2009, 01:00 PM
Its funny that you can see that the wipeout HD crew knew that wipeout players are used to extreme conditions concerning gaming. These trophies are still the most hardest to get out out of all the games released to date. With that damn barrelroll on MT I almost broke my thumb hehe. :beer

Cyberio
8th June 2009, 01:32 PM
I played many hours trying to defeat Zico. This was the last hard trophy i earned.
The Arcade Perfect was hard too, only one weapon made me to be from 1st place to 3rd or worst.

JJohnEames
8th June 2009, 01:33 PM
Zico - 700 laps before i got it. :/ pain in the hole. Definitly hardest in my opinion:nod

H3avyM3tal
8th June 2009, 01:35 PM
Zico is harder. If you pay enough, you will eventually get to zone 75, but with Zico you can race tens of hundreds of laps and never get the trophy becuase you missed something small. The worst I think is that when you do get the trophy, telling what you did right THIS time is hard.

djKyoto
8th June 2009, 01:37 PM
Zico. It's just that much more anal than Zeus tbh.

Reguardless, bring on a similar challenge for Fury SL. :rock

silverfoxy
8th June 2009, 02:18 PM
For me Zico was the hardest and its a royal PITA. You can get better times then suddenly lose it again. At least with Zeus its a gradual improvement.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that the new trophies they put in for Fury won't be as "hardcore" as the original ones.

Darkdrium777
8th June 2009, 02:40 PM
Zico. Without that video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTmo2EMWQ8) from cygnuzy, most if not all of us wouldn't have got it.

Connavar
8th June 2009, 03:33 PM
Zone Zeus here, it's the only trophy where you need to stay focused for about
12 min 30 seconds...

silverfox073: new trophies will be easier? That's a bummer :(

silverfoxy
8th June 2009, 03:40 PM
Connavar - Yes I found it on the EU blog posted by Paul

Hi, my name’s Paul Tweedle, I am the Development Manager of the WipEout HD Fury expansion pack here in sunny Liverpool. Tony is away at E3 so I just wanted to log in to answer a few questions.

Firstly, yes, there will be new music. We’re still in the process of determining and licensing exactly which tracks we will use so I can’t really say any more on that at the moment.

There will be new trophies to earn, most of which are a lot of fun and, perhaps, not as “hardcore” as those in the original game.

Also, exact price and release date are not yet set. We will update with this information as soon as we can.

Hopefully I can answer most questions that crop up here,

Paul.

Knew I had seen it somewhere and best to post actual quotes so no confusion is caused.

I think with the grief Zico gave me its for the best that they are less hardcore. I can remember the sense of achievement (and relief) when I transcended so not too fussed about unlocking a load more personally.

Glaciuscreations
8th June 2009, 04:22 PM
Zico. Without that video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTmo2EMWQ8) from cygnuzy, most if not all of us wouldn't have got it.

thats true, i was inspired by his to make mine =) its all help tbh

glac

LOUDandPROUD
8th June 2009, 04:29 PM
I voted for Zone Zeus, but that was done based on the fact that I KNEW how to beat Zico and it was just a matter of execution...I always felt I could do it, it was just a matter of when. On the flip side, I just recently set a personal best of zone 55, but I still have my doubts as to whether or not I'll ever reach zone 75, regardless of how much I practice. So, that was my reasoning for choosing Zone Zeus.

Now, if I hadn't had the knowledge of how to beat Zico, then I think the clear answer of which is hardest is Zico. I think the chances of anyone, under those circumstances, having a better/faster shot of getting Zone Zeus is much higher.

blackwiggle
8th June 2009, 04:50 PM
I voted Zico ,it's probably caused a lot of people to give up trying to get it.
I tried again today,got the closest I have yet, just .09 too slow :brickwall

Still haven't got Zone Zeus either,I'm not into zone mode,if it wasn't for the need to race them to open up Campaign cells and other zone trophies I doubt I would of played it at all.

yeldar2097
8th June 2009, 05:04 PM
personally i find zeus the hardest but that's mainly because it involves concentrating for an extended period of time, not because it's too hard.
zico i usually do first time round (except when i first tried back in the day...)

both of them caused me much pain and anguish when i first went for them. nowadays it's the french wipers that fill that gap :lol

zeeZ
8th June 2009, 05:20 PM
What's "Legend (Elite Skill)"? I don't know of such a trophy

Darkdrium777
8th June 2009, 05:32 PM
Elite Campaign Legend, get gold on all tracks on Elite difficulty.

RedScar
8th June 2009, 06:46 PM
lol dead heat between zone zeus and Zico.
For me its zone zeus, I can't seem to break 55.

Connavar
8th June 2009, 07:05 PM
silverfox073: well that's REALLY sad then, Wipeout HD trophies were like the
best ever because they were hard while being fair, forcing you to become good
(but not great) at every mode of the game. I found the limits to be very well
chosen, like zone 75 or 30.82 for Zico, and yet with a lot of margin (look zone
100+ has been reached and sub 29.50 is possible for Zico).

Now if they bow down to users complaining about the difficulty, then the game
loses something that made it special; at its core Wipeout is a hardcore game.
Also when you transcended, you would be really happy and friends would
congratulate you. Did anyone congratulate me for getting 100% on Uncharted?
NO, and when I got it I was "hmm ok it's done" instead of "WOW I did it!!!"

NeilSmith
8th June 2009, 07:23 PM
I still haven't been able to get Zone Zeus, the closest I can get is 57. Though I haven't been trying too hard to get it either. I wanted to get all the other trophies before attempting Zone Zeus.
Zico was hard aswell, probably took me 150 rounds to get it right, but mostly because I just couldn't nail the BR up to the ramp, but as soon as I did I got the trophy, and believe me, it was very satisfacting. The sudden rush of fulfillment that hit me when I saw the notification in the top corner can't be described :)

I'll probably crap my pants the day I get Zone Zeus.
With that said, I'm very excited about the upcoming trophies for the Fury expansion pack. Bring on the challenge!

Darkdrium777
8th June 2009, 08:00 PM
Actually Uncharted is quite hard too, so it's a bad example :p
I was congratulated, mainly because I was among the first ones to get this done in my friends list (We were having a race right after the patch came out :g)
But I agree WipEout is harder. But imagine this: if the trophies are made as hard it will turn off people from the game AGAIN. We don't want that... ;)

Connavar
8th June 2009, 08:45 PM
The only difficulty in Uncharted was locating the treasures, but with Internet
it becomes easy!

Not only do we want more players, we want more players who keep playing
he game, and become good, right? Having hard enough trophies
will ensure that many people will keep playing the game until they're good
enough to beat those trophies, so many hours spent and he might really like
the game afterward. Now if you have easy trophies, maybe a lot of people will
get them easily and then stop playing ("what's the point since I got all the
trophies").

Glaciuscreations
8th June 2009, 08:52 PM
So after a bitchin time i finally got to zone 78 :D so happy right now even filmed it , il edit and post it on youtube later if anyone is intrested =D i LOVE the colours after 75 sersiously they are STUNNING :D

glac

leungbok
8th June 2009, 09:39 PM
You're right Conna, just look at the amount of people still playing wipeout-hd because of zico or zeus !
Nice Job, glacius ! ;)

Seraphim1982
8th June 2009, 09:51 PM
Zico was more frustrating for me than difficult, Zeus is the one that I'm working on right now. Would make me a very happy boy if a patch were to come out to let me pick up a zone race from the last zone that I hit with full shields.

ProblemSolver
8th June 2009, 11:25 PM
I voted for Zone Zeus.

Zico is simply based on tricks. What is the *skill* of Zico anyways?
To find where to do the BRs? Once you know where to do the rolls it
is not that much of a problem. C'mon! Just get the BRs right. That's it.
Yes, many people got frustrated beating Zico because they stupidly run
around AP to just get the BRs right for just one round. xD
On the record: Not me.

It took me ~150 laps to get Zico (WipEout HD v1.2x). My feelings were
something like; "Nice."

Not so with Zone Zeus. Zone Zeus is much more thrilling. First off, you
really do that trophy on your very own, no tricks involved. Secondly,
you have to balance an entire run over a period of time under an ever
changing environment. And finally, one is much more involved (mentally /
psychically) doing Zone Zeus in comparison to Zico. Last but not least,
entering SUPERSONIC for the first time is far more breathtaking than
beating Zico. Not?

However, I don't want to judge both trophies on difficulty, because they
are fundamentally different.

Zico is a hard trophy with an easy solution.
Zeus is a hard trophy with a complex solution.

So after a bitchin time i finally got to zone 78 :D so happy right now even filmed it , il edit and post it on youtube later if anyone is intrested =D i LOVE the colours after 75 sersiously they are STUNNING :D
Good work! :beer

... There will be new trophies to earn, most of which are a lot of fun and, perhaps, not as “hardcore” as those in the original game. ...
A call this a decoy. xD

I guess there will be some really hard trophies. :D Why not? Those
new trophies don't influence the platinum trophy in any way. Hence,
they can implement lots of trophies tailored for the fans!

Thegide
9th June 2009, 03:03 AM
Well I voted Zone Zeus simply because it's last on my list.

I achieved Zico with probably 400-500 laps total. In the end I did it with only 3 BR because I never could get the roll to bridge. Zico was my first WOHD gold, so it's hard to say if it was the hardest, especially when I consider how it's only Venom class.

Elite Campaign seemed harder because it took longer and caused me much more frustration and aggravation. Phantom Elite AI plays dirty and I'm not the cleanest racer, so I had upwards of 30-40 race attempts for some of the tracks.

I just finished up Arcade Perfect tonight and while it didn't seem bad since I had already done ECL, I had to learn the reverse tracks from scratch.

I have a feeling Zone will be the worst simply because I haven't developed the finesse for it yet and I buckle under pressure. I anticipate this one being the most frustrating.

blackwiggle
9th June 2009, 04:14 AM
I think when Paul said the trophies won't be as hardcore he was most likely referring to the new Campaign,remember how they eventually made it easier for people to progress,it got a lot of people playing HD again where they had given up previously due to frustration ,and probably gave them some much needed to confidence to push themselves for Arcade Perfect.

leungbok
9th June 2009, 07:19 AM
Maybe mate, but i dislike that people plays wipeouthd for trophies and not for the game itself ! :?

blackwiggle
9th June 2009, 07:35 AM
Well those people are few and far between at the Zone.

I can imagine that there still will be some trophies that non zoners will still find a PITA to achieve,but for the vast majority here they shouldn't pose as much as a effort as Zico or Zone Zeus did.
Wipeout HD got awarded a difficulty level of 4.5/5 at the playstation trophies site,equal first as far as I know.

LOUDandPROUD
9th June 2009, 04:38 PM
Haha, no surprise there. Based on all the reviews I've read, it appears that WOHD is considered to be one of the hardest games out there to beat and master, in general. That only makes doing well in it that much sweeter though! :)

Thegide
9th June 2009, 04:58 PM
True, although I think Zen pinball may quickly be replacing WOHD in terms of difficulty in obtaining trophies.

jameskkelly
11th June 2009, 12:06 PM
Zico - 700 laps before i got it. :/ pain in the hole. Definitly hardest in my opinion:nod

What's up man? Just happened to find ya here on these forums, I heard about you through your bro Will, I'm his flatmates cousin. Tells me you're pretty damnn good at wipeout. I must add you on the PSN soon. Bastard trophy I agree.

JJohnEames
11th June 2009, 12:24 PM
Madness, i had no idea you were here. Must race soon. Will is my twin bro for those who want to know:p. Anyway back on topic, i think i agree with problemsolver, zone zeus is more rewarding when you get it cause it's so pretty when you hit it but zico still harder in my opinion:robot

Asayyeah
11th June 2009, 01:24 PM
" win a race with pilot-assist on "
:g

ProblemSolver
11th June 2009, 01:49 PM
" win a race with pilot-assist on "
:g
lmao!

ProblemSolver
11th June 2009, 01:55 PM
Honestly, the hardest trophy for me was 'Smile Please: Use Photo
Mode to take a photo'. rofl

silverfoxy
11th June 2009, 01:59 PM
Judging from the results Zeus and Zico are the 2 most troublesome trophies.

For the 3rd I would have the airbraker one just for the sheer annoyance of it.

Wotan
11th June 2009, 02:10 PM
I voted for zico : 300-400 laps and some hair less to beat him :robot .
BB trophy is also a difficult trophy because it is hard to find a room well organized .

silverfoxy
11th June 2009, 02:14 PM
Yes I got bling brigade early on by stumbling into a room where it was being organised.

Judging from the bling brigade thread on here and chats with Blackwiggle I can see it must be a right pain in the backside to organise.

djKyoto
11th June 2009, 03:30 PM
If I had the choice of either Zico or Bling Brigade being removed from my trophy list (ie having to do it again), I'd take the former.

FrenkyV
11th June 2009, 06:48 PM
For me personaly it wasn't Zico nor Zeus. It was Legend.

It took me about 140 laps for Zico.
Zeus was hard, but when you fail, you had yourself to blame.

But man o man, ik can even begin to count how many times i've tried to beat de Elite AI on phantom, on these two tracks: Chengou Project and Sebenco Climb. The horror.

After i finally beat them, Arcade perfect wasn't that hard.

So, legend for me :nod

yeldar2097
11th June 2009, 06:51 PM
on second thought...AG-Assassin...
It's hard to kill people when you're always at the front (bombs and mines are just rude) :lol
Joking of course, but it probably took me the longest...

Motorsagmannen
11th June 2009, 11:12 PM
after finally beating zico i now feel like its my right to say that IMO zone zeus is the hardest. :P

Moriarty79
14th June 2009, 03:52 PM
I voted for Zone Zeus. It is less frustrating than Zico's but is more difficult.
The worst trophies are Bling Brigade and AG Assassin.
For Trascendence i have to do Zeus and Assassin... Zeus take me time, AG assassin lucky...

Spece2goin
14th June 2009, 04:49 PM
Zone Zeus is definetly the hardest.

I had a good session of wipeout this week end, and i managed to get almost all elite gold medals.
I also made some nice entries in leaderboard with some ~#50 ranked places in TT/SL. I think with time i became a true wiper now!
So i decided to play some zone. Since my last zone record was 48 on AP, i was not very optimistic.
But, i got own the zone and airbraking trophies in one time. That was the first time i saw Sub-Sonic.

Then i restarded, and with steering, Mach1 came without i noticed it. Now i'm at 64, in few hours.

Cause of exams, i think supersonic can wait a moment, but i'm sure i'll get it soon.

ProblemSolver
16th June 2009, 08:51 PM
It's good that these two trophies are as hard as they are, because it is
rewarding. It is rewarding in the sense that (most of the time) only the
true WipEout AG-Pilots will have it. So all these trophy whores will pay a
little bit respect upon looking at your list. xD I know a guy who has 25
(twenty-five) platinum trophies! Guess what, WipEout HD completion:
~33%. :cold xD

Quite interesting, there was a news on N4G.com a few days ago with
an entry called 'Top Ten Hardest Trophies (http://www.nextgn.com/2009/06/15/top-ten-hardest-trophies/)' (in no particular order). You
know what?! Two of these trophies belong to WipEout HD; Beat Zico &
Zone Zeus. This shows!

Spece2goin
16th June 2009, 09:07 PM
ah, nice stuff ProblemSolver.

Agree with you that Wipeout HD is not a good game for platinum hunters.

and i agree with the Mirror's Edge trophy : reaching 3 stars on each time trial is like beating Zico on each trials, damn hard, your jumps need to be perfect, like Barrel rolls in WO.

Plucker 2409
27th August 2009, 09:21 PM
I think that zone zeus was the hardest to do. It took me four tries on anulpha pass. After I completed my hands were shaking and my heart was beating fast. An hour later I got arcade perfect and now i have all the golds. All I need is Bling Brigade.

Aeroracer
27th August 2009, 09:49 PM
no no no..rico is hardest chalenge for me cos i cant be bothered to do it.if only it was a phantom challenge.

I spend my time on phantom i just havnt got time or inclination to waste that small time i have on a venom challenge which i have been told is very hard.

zone zeus isnt hard it just take a lot of practice and time, and you get everything back you put into it when your ability to steer improves in online races

Ask problem solver the zone champ, he has just got into online racing and is racing super fast already.:dizzy:dizzy

RedScar
28th August 2009, 07:41 PM
My buddy brought this up when I last talked to him, that early in WO's release that to get zico would put you in the top 200 on the record tables. Now it only puts you in the top 2130ish, but that is still a very small number compared to the total number of player that play WO

"Ah, Wipeout HD again, to some, the hardest Platinum Trophy out there. Let me state the following: I don’t know who Zico is, but I hate him."
aahahahaha, that is so priceless even if most people say it.

Plucker 2409
28th August 2009, 08:56 PM
im number 81 in the world for anulpha pass venom

jimsin
30th August 2009, 02:03 AM
For me it was definitely Elite Campaign Legend - Managed to get Zone Zeus and Zico after a few evenings of trying, but those last few Elite Phantom races - esp Chenghou Project and Sebenco Climb took me a disgraceful amount of time to get gold.

jan709
30th August 2009, 02:14 PM
I dont know what to vote, i cant get past zone 60, and because of the horrorstories i havent even tried zico:-

finngers
30th August 2009, 06:49 PM
Zico was probably the worst for me having done the rest of the trophies over the last fortnight that i didn't pick up just by playing the game, the barrel roll up onto the ledge took me ages to get down all the time and after that I spent ages (like 40 laps) stuck a hundreth of a second off zico's time. The trophys icon was cool though :lol

wipeout will be the first and last game i get all the trophies for haha