PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can buy Wipeout 2097 'BRAND NEW'?

xbeanx3000
20th October 2002, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I really, really need to know. Please give me a list of shops if that's possible. I 'do not' want it second hand. Thanks. :-?

Lance
20th October 2002, 04:09 PM
hi bean, welcome to the WZ forums

about 2097, unless you have a Macintosh computer, for which a new edition of 2097 was just recently issued, you will have a hard time finding a new copy, since that game has not been published for anything else in a long time. it's possible that you might get lucky and see an unused copy offered on E-bay, but to find a still unused and originally-wrapped copy in a retail store will probably take a near miracle. but it could still happen. i don't know of any such, or i would own it myself now! :)
maybe someone here has seen it unused, but the odds are very against it. good luck

Sven
22nd October 2002, 11:33 AM
I thought it was a greatest hit...

Thruster2097
22nd October 2002, 11:49 AM
:o

errrr..... youre going to have to settle for pre-owned.
sorry, friend...

Roger
23rd October 2002, 01:15 PM
When I visited my old home town and went shopping, I of course checked the supermarket's game department. There on the shelf were a copy of Wipeout 2097 and a copy of Wip3out SE!

The 2097 cost something like 27 euros, and the SE was 32 euros. Quite pricey, I reckoned, since I'd picked up the original WipEout and Wip3out for 10 euros each. So I passed on them both (a rare attack of price conciousness)

I later got 2097 second hand (mint condition) for 20 euros. Should I buy the SE for 32 euros, to complete my collection? Is that too pricey? Let me know, fellow wipers within the EU!

The games were still there last time I checked...

infoxicated
23rd October 2002, 01:49 PM
SE is priceless at any amount! ;)

Get it while you still can! :D

zargz
23rd October 2002, 10:30 PM
DITTO!!!! :o

xEik
23rd October 2002, 11:07 PM
Today I saw a copy of WipEout (the original) for 8 €. It wasn't wrapped so it was either second hand (very good condition) or the shop used it to show off in their screens a long while ago and now they're selling it.

I already have mine, though, so I'm not buying it. Quite cheap if it had been first hand.

Should I buy it for link playing's sake? (I would need another playstation (no PSOne) and a link cable but I have none of them)

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

lunar
24th October 2002, 02:26 AM
[quote="Roger"]. Should I buy the SE for 32 euros, to complete my collection? Is that too pricey? Let me know, fellow wipers within the EU!

quote]

Definitely buy it. 27 euros seems damn good value for what will be a new wipeout game for you, especially as there probably won`t be another one for a few years. And you could probably sell it on at a profit. But you wouldn`t want to do that of course. :wink:

Roger
27th October 2002, 01:00 PM
I visited my parents over the weekend, and while I was there, I went to the supermarket and bought the SE. It was 33.50 - cheap! 8)

Believe it or not, but they'd stocked up on Wipeout games since I last visited: I counted four WO 2097, four Wip3out and three SE copies! Brand spanking new, all of them.

Lance
27th October 2002, 01:40 PM
woohoo. it looks like Finland is the place to be!
well, maybe if it weren't so cold and swampy [they don't call it suomi for nothing!]
i'll stay with hot and humid
probably

i'm still wondering why i can't just go to the supermarket and buy new copies of old wipEouts

Roger
27th October 2002, 02:45 PM
woohoo. it looks like Finland is the place to be!
well, maybe if it weren't so cold and swampy [they don't call it suomi for nothing!]
Well, we've got a few things going for us. 8)
Mind you, with winter knocking on the door and all, it's good to have something fun to do indoors (AG racing!)

And for y'all who don't know Finnish like Lance and myself, "suo" is Finnish for swamp. "Suomi" = land of swamps/lakes. Or so I think, anyway...

i'm still wondering why i can't just go to the supermarket and buy new copies of old wipEouts.
A "Wipeout anthology" box would be sweet. Something in the way of Bungie's "Marathon trilogy". Petition, anyone? Naah, it'd probably be futile... :(

Lance
27th October 2002, 06:38 PM
er... actually, the only finnish words i recall at the moment are ''suomi'' and ''perkele''. no, i don't equate those words with each other. :D

Roger
27th October 2002, 08:41 PM
er... actually, the only finnish words i recall at the moment are ''suomi'' and ''perkele''. no, i don't equate those words with each other. :D.
"Perkele" :evil: is a word I used quite a lot this evening. Tried desperately to finish better than sixth on Odessa keys (WO 2097) - no go :x

Confusion
28th October 2002, 11:53 PM
hi bean, welcome to the WZ forums

about 2097, unless you have a Macintosh computer, for which a new edition of 2097 was just recently issued, you will have a hard time finding a new copy, since that game has not been published for anything else in a long time. it's possible that you might get lucky and see an unused copy offered on E-bay, but to find a still unused and originally-wrapped copy in a retail store will probably take a near miracle. but it could still happen. i don't know of any such, or i would own it myself now! :)
maybe someone here has seen it unused, but the odds are very against it. good luck

Errrr if he's buying for the OG PS, then he could always get a platinum edition... OG wipeout is in the Gold range or whatever it is (the one that costs half the price of a Platinum). Which reminds me... I have to complete the colection by gettng the OG wipeout.

Consortium
29th October 2002, 10:37 AM
er... actually, the only finnish words i recall at the moment are ''suomi'' and ''perkele''. no, i don't equate those words with each other. :D.
"Perkele" :evil: is a word I used quite a lot this evening. Tried desperately to finish better than sixth on Odessa keys (WO 2097) - no go :x

I was recently in Helsinki and learned some fun words (please forgive spelling errors, it's all brand new to me). "Lasipalatsi" is a reading place or library. "Apteeki" is a pharmacy, or an "apotek" here in Sweden. I was watching a film in the hotel, and I am not sure if it was translated right, but "ikken pikkejuttu" seems to mean "no big deal". I'd love to know how to pronounce it! I think Suomi (Finnish) is a great looking language. Helsinki is beautiful, as well...

As far as Odessa Keys goes, I remember when I couldn't place higher than 5th and it was driving me nuts! My advice is: race the Qirex and learn to smash your way through that last chicane before the pit lane. I initially did it by discarding or immediately using all weapons I picked up until I got the autopilot, then engaging it at the very last second before that turn. Eventually, you'll be able to consistently beat that track, so keep trying!

Good luck,
c.