PDA

View Full Version : Intro movie!!

BrazilBoy
16th October 2002, 11:26 AM
Hi all!

This is my first post here..

Love the game and i'm looking for the intro of the game.. realy need it.. Anyone know where I can find it?

infoxicated
16th October 2002, 11:57 AM
erm... on the game disk?! ;)

BrazilBoy
16th October 2002, 12:04 PM
Dont have the game.. Iv'e allready played it... I only want the intro...

BrazilBoy
16th October 2002, 12:56 PM
and I don't have a PS..

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 06:26 PM
What game console do you have

if any type in particular?

oh and once a time a go

I found the intro for Wipeout Fusion and I was able to download it
it also came with a cool video that included the intro and some thing more.

I found it on Morpheus version 2.0
I'm sorry I don't have the video anymore but I am gonna try and look and find it
again.

BrazilBoy
17th October 2002, 11:33 PM
ok nice.. I'll try on Kazaa or something...

I do have an xbox..

But if U find it please let me know.. :D

DJ Techno
21st October 2002, 05:12 PM
I will.

Smashing Young Man
8th December 2002, 07:09 PM
It's been years since I've played the original Wipeout (like, back in '95 or '96) and I still remember how much that intro kicked me in the arse when I first put that shiney new Wipeout disc in the playstation. Really pumped you up.

Seeing as how I no longer have a psx or the game, I'd kind of like to see this as well... for nostalgia purposes 'n' all that. :)

Ah.. first post, by the way. Hiyas and all that. :)

Lance
8th December 2002, 08:24 PM
howdy, SYM [boy, that puts a whole new spin on 'symmetrical', doesn't it?]
welcome to the wz forums

DarkTrancer
9th December 2002, 12:33 PM
i converted myself the wipeout2097 and wip3out intros,but since i dont have the original wipeout haven`t got that yet,they are in divx format around 20 megs each if u want them.

Rapier Racer
16th April 2004, 01:15 AM
speaking of intros, is there one if any that you think is better than the others and if so why, I liked the one on WO3 for some reason, i think it's beacuse of the way all the teams logos come up and the cool effects lke the ships going back the way and going back together after being blown up

G'Kyl
16th April 2004, 01:56 AM
SYM (I know what you mean, Lance ;) ): Why not grab a copy of Wipeout for the PC. I never thought the PC version was a bad conversion, plus it runs smoothly on any modern computer. It's got all the intro and stuff that is in the PS-release, except for the two or three pieces from the licensed soundtrack. So, honestly I think it's worth the few bucks you'll have to spend on it today.

Ben

EDIT: Same here, Ricardo. I never REALLY liked the intro from WO. Also, I always thought the 2097 intro pretty much lacked the excitement of the actual game. The intro from 3, however, fits nicely into the simple-yet-effective style that's all over the game.

Cobol
16th April 2004, 02:47 PM
The Wipeout intro can be downloaded from this page (http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?s=6855f25fdb71d96ffcbb0eb5fe9fb35d&p=372400#post372400) (click on the link in the last post).

In case you want more videos, here (http://www.gamezero.com/team-0/video_pit/archive/) you can download a video from a beta version and one from the Saturn version.

And here (http://www.delirium.at/projects/sony/sony02.htm) is the Wipeout 3 SE trailer.

Rapier Racer
14th July 2004, 10:27 PM
People with WO3 SE do you find that the intro sequence is really quiet compared to to WO3 and other games in general?

G'Kyl
14th July 2004, 10:39 PM
You mean in terms of the volume? Then yes, I do, but that's the case with a lot of games. I often have to turn back the volume after watching many intro movies. I wonder why this is so. Could it have something to do with the video format they are using?

Rapier Racer
14th July 2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah I did mean the volume and if it is the format, why did they change it for SE? Really, I've never had that with any other game before.

G'Kyl
15th July 2004, 06:01 AM
Other games rarely get special editions to compare intro movies with. ;-) But you're right, it's strange they would change something like that, and even stranger they made it worse instead of better. *shrug*