PDA

View Full Version : Who loves Icaras?

WolfKill01
28th March 2009, 11:34 PM
I DO! Always have, always will. Who agrees with me and why?

Lance
29th March 2009, 12:02 AM
See my avatar. Sleek. Fast. Beautiful.

stin
29th March 2009, 12:20 AM
I also loves Icarus because, it`s fast, hard to steer and strong, but almost similar to Qirex(2097or XL).;)

AAaand welcome to the Zone!!:beer

stevie:)

Nadia Elenova
30th March 2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah, the 2097 Qirex... I'm missing it. If only the Icaras shield could be a bit stronger, but who needs a shield once everyone is far behind, right? ;)

KIGO1987
30th March 2009, 09:38 AM
Quite a good ship to fang around in... even with a ****ed controller ;)

andy
30th March 2009, 11:05 PM
I do =D I think its excellent, i haven't mastered it yet but it's really fun, it really has a sense of speed that no other craft has and feels nice and weighty through the bends. It has a nice internal view too =]

AG-wolf
31st March 2009, 02:14 PM
Shield is piss-poor; I like Qirex because they were still heavy in WO3 and with their shield you could just plow right through the pack.

kanar
1st April 2009, 04:47 PM
sorry I saw the title of this thread, so I couldn't restrain myself : OMG Icaras is holy s**t. :lol One word : SPEED. don't care about the rest. And of course Lance, stunning design.

Velocitar64
8th April 2009, 01:31 PM
Assegai and Icaras are godly.

SonicChaos
22nd June 2009, 07:37 PM
Indeed they are. I need to play more before I'm any good though.

Motorsagmannen
23rd June 2009, 12:02 AM
ehmm sry missed the part wit W3O xS

SonicChaos
23rd June 2009, 12:10 AM
I love Assegai and I will continue to race it, but Icaras will always have the top scores.

AnErare
23rd June 2009, 12:19 AM
Ewps, missed the part where this thread was about w3o.. :>

</text deleted>

ACE-FLO
23rd June 2009, 01:07 AM
wakes up, goes into garage, sees icaras resting on mag-pad, walks over... "Hello sexy" runs hand along the right wing... "when did I wash you last?" gets electro-ladder, moves it to icaras, climbs to entry hatch, can't help himself, gets in to cockpit... "baby, we should go out more often!"... de-activates mag-pad, activates AG stabilizer, revels in the momentary sensation... "ooh, I really did miss you Icky darling"... checks all is ok. feels like a champ!

wakes up with his head in a bowl of Cornflakes!

KIGO1987
23rd June 2009, 02:16 AM
Someone did a post somewhere of an Icarus ship with a black outlining around it, look at it closer, the user drew a cock around the Icarus's ships boarders, quite funny. Its somewhere here, i think its in the HD Online Meetings thread, or on one of the last Avalon event threads.

ACE-FLO
23rd June 2009, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I've seen it!

It's an 'image pun' - relaying the owners carnal desire for the icaras... you gotta love icaras...

btw, my last post - was based on a day dream I had, the morning after my first avalon on pulse... awesome huh?

djKyoto
23rd June 2009, 06:21 AM
I love Icarus also.

On the side with some potatos, they're lovely.

SonicChaos
23rd June 2009, 03:00 PM
lol. Assegai is good with some Ice Cream and cookie dough pieces drizzled with caramel and fudge. Now you made me hungry. *Goes to get Ice Cream*

TheFrostE
24th June 2009, 11:12 PM
meh icaras, :rolleyes:...excellent in WO3 if you can handle the raw power...in HD its a childs toy in terms of difficulty compared to 3. The design is certainly awesome though.

FEISARRRRRRRRRRR

SonicChaos
25th June 2009, 07:30 PM
Feiser has always been the beginner's craft, but most of the others have changed around from game to game.

XpanDrome2097
28th July 2009, 01:40 PM
The original one, the fastest!
Very stronger line, 'so challenging to pilot well, but....it can gives a lot of satisfaction :).
I think that Icaras in Wip3out is one of the most realistic ships in the WipEout history.

DividedXZero
28th July 2009, 01:53 PM
A thread focused on Love for Icaras...and i've missed it this long..LOL
WO3 Icaras was a favorite, HD and Fury is only a shadow of its original conception. Much like piranha is now compared to its XL incarnation. But d@mn that is a sexy craft...i always loved the forward sloped wing design.

Slacker
29th July 2009, 06:24 AM
And if all above wasn't enough, the song Icaras kicks hiney just as much. :rockHowever, I think I will forever be an Assegai pilot.

SonicChaos
2nd August 2009, 01:56 PM
I've found a love for it in HD and Fury. I now race consistently with it and love it. Though Assegai will still be the ship for me in Wipeout 3.

WolfKill01
6th August 2009, 12:58 AM
Really wish i wasn't poor as **** so I can afford a PS3 and the awesome-ness that is WipEout HD. I've played at a friend's house but that just made it worse. Now I have an uncontrollable urge to master that game and compete online. I never got to try the icaras at my friend's house. Kept blowing up, so I stuck with Goteki and triakis most of the time.

Anyway, Icaras's place in my heart was being threatened by assegai the last time i played wo3. Though that was weeks ago so the feeling has probably gone away. :p

SonicChaos
6th August 2009, 03:54 PM
Lol. The superb handling is just too much to ignore.

WolfKill01
7th August 2009, 12:00 AM
Indeed it is. Especially now that I suck after that HUGE metroid break I took, from wipeout. Though I think Icaras will still hold that..."special" spot in my heart.

SonicChaos
7th August 2009, 07:41 PM
Wait, Metroid break?

WolfKill01
9th August 2009, 10:09 PM
Wait, Metroid break?

Yep. After I got the news of metroid: other m, I've played all three metroid primes(again), hunted down Metroid fusion(still haven't beaten it yet), and downloaded and played Super metroid and the original metroid from the wii's virtual console. So yeah, I've been busy.

SonicChaos
10th August 2009, 11:06 PM
Ah I've preordered Metroid Prime Trilogy (even though I own all three already) and beat all of them and the first 1 cleared on hard mode as well. Fusion I've beat consistently with no deaths and an average time of 1:30 with 42% of the items (beaten over 15 times now). So yea, I've played it alot. Wipeout HD will still be played frequently until then.

WolfKill01
13th August 2009, 12:43 AM
I've also preordered the trilogy. :) I just beat mp3 on hypermode difficulty last night with 100%. Beat fusion the other day. Got 55% items, but it did take me 5:04 hours :p Right now i'm working on 100% on mp1. I'm also waiting for metroid 2: return of samus to arrive in the mail. Gettin' a little off topic, aren't we :p

SonicChaos
13th August 2009, 03:53 PM
yea, but no one else is around. I played a little of Metroid 2 (don't ask how) and didn't like it at all. I'm only missing all the logbook scans in Mp1 and almost beat Mp2 on hard mode. working on Mp3 on hyper.

Lance
13th August 2009, 04:15 PM
*coff*

Someone else is around.

SonicChaos
14th August 2009, 05:23 PM
oh umm heh *ahem* yes Icaras is an amazing team and I hope they stick around for a long time.

WolfKill01
15th August 2009, 12:07 AM
oh...ummmmm....my, this is quite the awkward moment, heh...:redface:

You've got no idea how long it took it me to stop laughing to post this message. Pretty much how my luck has been since school started wensday.

SonicChaos
15th August 2009, 03:31 PM
It does seem that way. Everyone's arguing over eliminator taking over the online games in HD so it seems this forum is getting neglected.

Lance
16th August 2009, 09:56 PM
If this thread is being neglected, that's because no one has anything to say about Icaras fandom at the moment. But that's okay; threads don't mind being neglected. When someone wants to talk about the excellent Icaras, they will come here again.

If you guys want to talk about Metroid, why not start a Metroid thread in the 'Offtopic' section of the WZ?

SonicChaos
16th August 2009, 11:44 PM
I meant WO3 Forum, still I kinda want to, but procrastination has taken over.

kanar
21st August 2009, 02:54 PM
not entirely wip3out related, but Icaras fan related for sure; I know I've already posted in the pilot lounge for that, but I'm so happy to announce you here too that I've opened a new social group dedicated to the Icaras die hard fans. On a side note, I'm considering to get tattooed soon with the beautiful Icaras logo :dizzy. Maybe I love too much this ship ah ah. Especially the Fury one now (well not the rear, but the rest is beautiful)

Social group link here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=33), featuring awesome Icaras wallpapers all made by Kyonshi!

Nordschleifer.2200
21st August 2009, 05:21 PM
Assegai and Icaras are godly.

Do i need to say more?

Lance
21st August 2009, 05:36 PM
Seemingly not. ;)

Aeroracer
24th August 2009, 01:13 AM
dont really use it but it looks very nice shape and colours are good:)

Chill
28th August 2009, 08:30 PM
Icaras is the best... my respect for the team is backed up by it's brilliant release in Wipeout 3... No newer Wipeout has ever matched the difficulty of flying the Icaras on phantom in Wipeout 3, yet feeling so glorious yet! Icaras = # 1!

Slacker
1st September 2009, 12:28 AM
Just read the exchange on page 4, and now I can't get the image of Samus flying in an Icarus out of my head.

XpanDrome2097
1st September 2009, 10:15 PM
Icaras is the best... my respect for the team is backed up by it's brilliant release in Wipeout 3... No newer Wipeout has ever matched the difficulty of flying the Icaras on phantom in Wipeout 3, yet feeling so glorious yet! Icaras = # 1!

Yeah mate! Great post, have a race on Wip3out in Phantom class with an Icaras ship is a unique experience....for the first time that I've used in Talon's Reach (SE edition) I've said "what the f..k? This is great!"....but I know that the handling of Icaras in W3O is 2, and in SE is 3....but the version don't have any importance, flying an Icaras at the faster classes remains a unique experience ;).
The debut of Icaras in Wip3out is probably the greatest debut in WipEout history: very fast, very slow accelleration, sufficient handling and very poor shield but....what an incredible ship at the same time!!!! And probably can be the same for Assegai (the only ONE and ORIGINAL Assegai), but, under the "surprise effect", Icaras wins.

Chill
3rd September 2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks venom! I haven't even played any of my 2 copies of Wipeout 3 SE yet, but will as soon as I get a PAL PS1, which won't be long!!! ;)

Flint Fandango
25th November 2010, 07:50 PM
My absolute favorite team! I love this machine, even it is not easy to fly in Wip3out!
Have also joined a suitable Social Group in this forum!

:rock ICARAS ROCKS! :+

DjM1zw1z
22nd December 2010, 08:10 PM
MEEEEE!!! i ♥ it

RJ O'Connell
8th April 2011, 04:30 AM
Slickest looking ship in the game, I just wish they weren't so dominant some times :lol but that's only when we get into high-level play. Icaras isn't recommended for novice players at ALL, except at Vector and Venom classes...all they have is raw speed

ag assassin
18th December 2011, 10:06 PM
Yes I understand that icaras is GODDDDDDDDDDDDDLLLLLLYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock