PDA

View Full Version : FUTURAMA is officially dead...

BurnHead
13th February 2002, 10:10 AM
I just read that Fox has cancelled the series Futurama from Matt Groening for no reason!
I am a huge fan of the series and a petition has already been started (but not by me... :grin:) and it already has about 16000 signatures.
If you love or at least like Futurama, then please sign this petition. Thanks folks!

http://www.petitiononline.com/futufu/petition.html

AmigoJack
13th February 2002, 10:41 AM
WTF???

why should they? futurama was the most aced thang ive ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres no need to let Fry & Co die. ive signed in!

Zebula77
13th February 2002, 12:15 PM
I already signed it dude. I love that show.

infoxicated
13th February 2002, 12:42 PM
I'm not surprized, it's already been saved from the axe once before. I just reckon the show doesn't have the same chemistry that the Simpsons has - I've tried watching it and I just cant get to like any of the characters at all.

AmishRobot
13th February 2002, 01:00 PM
They also cancelled The Family Guy, which is a real shame. I think Fox recently got new management, and they're not as animation friendly as they once were.

BurnHead
13th February 2002, 02:24 PM
Oh yes, Family Guy was a$$ cool, too.
But Futurama is definitely the best animated series ever! In my opinion it's way better than the Simpsons ("I will kill all the humans on the world..." :grin:).
And it's a damn shame that FOX wants to cancel it!
Thanx for signing the petition dudes - hopefully it'll help a bit!

btw, the Simpsons are my second favourite... but Futurama is just better :wink:!

Lance
13th February 2002, 03:58 PM
if it's already been saved once, and Fox network has new management, i feel pretty sure it won't be saved a second time. too bad, i love the visual style of that show.

Spaceboy Gajo
13th February 2002, 04:50 PM
I heard about "The Family Guy" and this is the first I've heard of "Futurama." It's unfortunate, I really don't know about Fox's new management but I do know that both shows were given lousy time slots. They've been moved around a lot and when networks do that you are bound to lose some viewers. What killed "The Family Guy" was the threat of "Survivor" and "Friends." That doesn't leave much viewers for the rest.

For those in the petition mood here's one for "The Family Guy."

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefg2/petition.html

Gajo :smile:

Thruster2097
13th February 2002, 04:59 PM
I have made my feelings known as signature number 25243. A fantastic show, that must continue. No matter what guise the characters are in, you will never be able to recreate that digital chemistry between fry, bender and leela. I, like the other 25242 people out there really hope that fox reconsiders its decision.

Lance
13th February 2002, 08:15 PM
the petition is up to 28,935 now.

JABBERJAW
13th February 2002, 11:30 PM
they screwed this series by putting football over it all the time. This show was great. It should have played following the simpsons

science
14th February 2002, 02:42 AM
signed em both.

futurama isnt quite as good as the simpsons, but its still a great show. same with family guy. i guess they needed to make room for Fear Factor, which is one of the most godawful pieces of crap ive ever seen in my life.. anyone who even remotely enjoys that dumbass show is a wanker.

Wiseman
14th February 2002, 05:16 AM
futurama isnt quite as good as the simpsons, but its still a great show. same with family guy. i guess they needed to make room for Fear Factor, which is one of the most godawful pieces of crap ive ever seen in my life.. anyone who even remotely enjoys that dumbass show is a wanker.

Amen to that! :lol

You've pretty much just summed up my thoughts on it exactly.

Although I'd also stick that MTV show Jackass in the "one of the most godawful pieces of crap ive ever seen in my life" category.

Anyway, signing both petitions now. :wink:

Zebula77
14th February 2002, 07:44 AM
Dudes, some good news, though. The first season of Futurama is coming out on DVD. Better get that.

BurnHead
14th February 2002, 11:17 AM
I already have the 1st season DVD box... :wink:

I agree to Thruster: they will never be able to recreate the chemistry between Fry Bender and Leela in another show!
And I don't understand why FOX wants to cancel a show with such a huge fanbase!

Hyper Shadow
14th February 2002, 01:15 PM
37113 Signatures and counting, Fox have to listen to the people!

Oh and by the way, Jackass is one of the greatest shows on TV at the moment, Bam Margera is a god. I bet you don't like it cos its 'childish' do you??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hyper Shadow on 2002-02-14 14:18 ]</font>

infoxicated
14th February 2002, 01:51 PM
I'm not keen on the way he kicks in his dad all the time... seems a bit nasty, as he gets kind of carried away.

Bam's a demon street skater, though - after watching him ollie onto a fun box on an ice rink, I was kind of impressed!

Pontius is my favourite on the show, though - he's very funny! :smile:

Lance
14th February 2002, 04:26 PM
Bernhard, FoxTV is like every other corporation, they will go with what they expect to make the most money; the fanbase doesn't matter to them at all, no matter how big it is.

science
14th February 2002, 06:52 PM
On 2002-02-14 06:16, Wiseman wrote:
Although I'd also stick that MTV show Jackass in the "one of the most godawful pieces of crap ive ever seen in my life" category.

unfortunately (even for me) i love that show, when i manage to catch it. of course, i love big brother skate videos too, so that says something right there. did you guys know that johnny knoxville is from... well, umm, knoxville? good to know that i have someone of that calibur representing my hometown. as for bam margera, ive had this strong animocity towards him since i was a little kid, dunno why.
for those of you that like jackass and wanna kick it up a notch (actually, max it out is more like it) go rent CKY2K. thatll do ya.

Hyper Shadow
14th February 2002, 09:01 PM
Where can you buy skate vids from. I mean, I used to skate back in the day with the 'kipper' boards, and I can definatly get some speed, yet trying to get air evades me. Getting Bams CKY2K video, or any video for that fact, might help. But the only prob is I can't buy off the net, so that is a giant bugger, can only buy from stores.

I want to get into skating again 'cos I've just got this new flat I'm moving into in the summer and its got a huge garden with plenty of props for tricks, 2 sweeeeeeeet!

science
15th February 2002, 01:36 AM
cky2k will not improve your skating ability, this much i can guarantee. its about 10% skating, and the rest is just mindnumbingly dumb **** (but in a good way!).

infoxicated
15th February 2002, 09:13 AM
I ordered a new skate vid, some shoes and a World Industries t-shirt over a week ago from Hoax in the uk.

So far they've taken the money (the wrong amount) and the stuff is nowhere to be seen.

I'm going to call them, but from the above, I couldn't really recomend them. Shame, though - they are very helpful on the phone.

Confusion
21st February 2002, 03:41 PM
make sure you buy First Broadcast! It ranks up there with WFTW as the best of British Skate vids...

And what is it with skaters and Wipeout?! Hyper Shadow skates too?!

HAHA! A wipeout skate team!

infoxicated
22nd February 2002, 08:59 AM
Now that would be cool! :smile:

Feisar
15th October 2002, 08:32 PM
150631 Signatures Total

when i die, i dont want anyone to know.

Confusion
15th October 2002, 10:15 PM
I ordered a new skate vid, some shoes and a World Industries t-shirt over a week ago from Hoax in the uk.

So far they've taken the money (the wrong amount) and the stuff is nowhere to be seen.

I'm going to call them, but from the above, I couldn't really recomend them. Shame, though - they are very helpful on the phone.

So did you get your gear? I just ordered the Girl Boxset from Cide in London... great little shop that... Oh and any new tricks?