PDA

View Full Version : WipEout RTS (Real-time Strategy) i.e. ?

INFAXSU
8th March 2009, 09:41 PM
Halo Wars-like? Basically, a high-speed mind game (no physicality at all)

Personally, an RTS would be nice to wind-down to after high adrenalin races. Probably for hardcore WipeEout fans only.

I have Ideas but let's hear your's first.

This franchise has been around for a long time and the only taste/hint of something different/new to come is Eliminator Mode. Every Wipeout is the same, so there's not many new fascinating things to talk about, thus not many peeps even know WipEout exists.

- INFAX

mdhay
8th March 2009, 09:49 PM
Oh god no, the wipEout Text Adventure is back again!

GreenPhazon
8th March 2009, 09:58 PM
Eliminator is bloody good though.

BARTgai
8th March 2009, 10:30 PM
How would a WipEout RTS work? Sending a squad of FEISARs armed with turbos into the enemy base doesn't really sound right. :?

Darkdrium777
8th March 2009, 10:50 PM
I like RTS games, like Starcraft, Dawn of War, etc.; but:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7227/lolwhuttranslated384267dn3.jpg

Please post your ideas friend, as I, like the others before me, have no idea how said Wipeout RTS would work.

Feisar Ltd.
9th March 2009, 12:08 AM
Like a football manager dealie? You manage teams, trade pilots, organise races and upgrade R&D. That could work, kinda.

rdmx
9th March 2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah, if WipEout were to expand into another genre, RTS is probably not the way to do it :P
As someone above suggested, a football manager style thing would be the only way. I certainly don't see an FPS game coming out!

INFAXSU
9th March 2009, 12:35 AM
Very basically... Team Base Strongholds/fortifying strongholds by winning races i.e. the amount of time you defeat your opponent by will add to the stronghold's shield energy equivalently (seconds converted to shield energy %) (maybe a tenth of a second=5% shield energy). Victory condition: take over all enemy strongholds. Item/Weapons/ (randomized)can be found scattered on the world map, not in races, but some are traps! Also, miniature hovercraft combat outside of strongholds would be cool!

Velocitar64
9th March 2009, 12:46 AM
No thanks, i can't see this working personally. Wipeout without the high speed racing?

I've always felt WipeOut should have a story esque mode, instead of just racing. A carreer mode possibly? You can even customise your ship? Thats always been my WipeOut dream.

INFAXSU
9th March 2009, 12:55 AM
WipEout Hybrid: RTS+the core high speed racing.

Velocitar64
9th March 2009, 01:09 AM
Oh, forgive me. I misread.

AnErare
9th March 2009, 06:11 PM
This RTS idea is taking all the racing out of the game. I highly doubt SL are up for something like it. There's other games available one can play to find that sort of thrill.

Xavier
10th March 2009, 03:15 PM
How about "Sim City: Makana Island", in which you're the mayor of Makana (newly elected, 2192) and in you have to design a new layout for the island and get it ready for the upcoming Wipeout Pure tournament?

You get to put up all those cool futuristic buildings down by the Vineta K beach and in Citta Nuova, you've got your low-value residential zones in the Chenghou Project, and you don't want to spoil the nature too much at Blue Ridge.

Make things too ugly and your islanders will move away. Tax them too much and they'll vote against bringing Wipeout to the island.

Can you redesign Makana and install the new tracks for the upcoming tournament, while still maintaining the citizens' approval and, of course, keeping the budget in the black? Find out in "Sim City: Makana"!

BARTgai
10th March 2009, 10:36 PM
LOL, "Sim City: Makana Island" :lol That would be pretty interesting to see. Perhaps have it start during the dawn of the F3600 and progress through to the FX400. :)

Vartazian
15th March 2009, 07:14 AM
Why not something where your sponsored by a team and you can pick like what engine, Anti grav Device, offensive performance and Defensive performance and the like? you know but you only get a certain amount of points (For balance sake) Make your own AG Craft!

For your units that is.

willsgb13
19th July 2009, 11:49 AM
i personally think the RTS idea wouldn't work, eliminator seems to work towards the same destructive ends, and it's simply more fun. fair play though, it's good to throw ideas around, and i am slightly biased because i've never really played RTSs, played a few demos before like red alert and stuff, watched starcraft being played at uni, i only own one - halo wars, and i haven't even played it yet because my 360 is on the blink

the sim city idea was fun, but feisar ltd. mentioned a champ man kind of game - that's something i'd play, playing through wipeout seasons, you could train pilots, negotiate contracts, barter and bid for improved parts and specs, manage budget to develop your team's ships, manage agents and media exposure and try to keep your best pilots happy, or pilfer better pilots from other teams, whip up accusations of industrial espionage and sabotage, and then watch the races unfold with your finely tuned ships and pilots on the go as prepared meticulously by you in the off-season.

of course this won't be made; it would be very difficult to see how anyone beyond hardcore wipeout fans would be particularly interested. but i'd play that!

Haywire_Guy
2nd August 2009, 12:49 PM
Creative idea but i dont think there will be much of a market tho.

willsgb13
2nd August 2009, 04:13 PM
yeah, i'm sure all of us would enjoy these divergances of the wipeout formula but they certainly wouldn't find a keen larger audience :!

swift killer
4th August 2009, 10:35 AM
Eliminator is bloody good though.

lol... a Worms style eliminator game!

mdhay
4th August 2009, 10:50 AM
I can't see a Triakis using a Banana Bomb.:D;)

KamatsuKyoto
5th August 2009, 02:59 AM
Zone Battle with a RPG Turn Based System. :dizzy

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 08:41 AM
Vartazian Activates Boost
*Speed Increased!*
Vartazian is Attacked by Barrier
Vartazian Takes 40 Damage from Barrier
Vartazian Dies!
Vartazian Loses 20EXP
Vartazian Gains "Humiliation"
Use Pheonix down? Y/N

Aeroracer
6th August 2009, 09:05 PM
Oh god no, the wipEout Text Adventure is back again!

hahaha..

:turd:turd:turd:turd wow this sounds hot