PDA

View Full Version : Any tracks you want to see make a return?

ChazFox
1st March 2009, 06:56 PM
So, I was looking through the threads here, and I noticed nobody asked this (There was a *new* track design thread, but nothing else), but anyway:

If you could ask the Wipeout creators to bring back a track from -any- of the previous Wipeout games for their PS3 version, which would you want to see return?

Personally speaking, I'd like to see Gare d'Europa make a return, if only because it was the very first Wipeout track I ever played (From the demo of Wipeout 2097).

Of course, more experienced players will have better ideas of what their most and least favourite tracks were, so the mic is open, so to speak. :D

~Chaz

Darkdrium777
1st March 2009, 08:22 PM
Outpost 7

yeldar2097
1st March 2009, 10:21 PM
gare d'europe ftw!!
vostok island's good too.

blackwiggle
1st March 2009, 11:36 PM
Valparissa from 2097,I used to hate this track until I understood it,then it became one of my favorites.

eLhabib
2nd March 2009, 08:53 AM
Altima. First track ever, best track ever.

KIGO1987
2nd March 2009, 09:02 AM
Outpost 7

Oh ****, hell no:paperbag:lol

gare d'europe ftw!!

Yes, always a good old favourite:D

Vertica from Pulse would be nice.

Also so would Mandrashee Part 3 from Fusion would be nice to see in HD:D that was a nice long marathon of a track to race on, for any of yous who dont know this track, well its a very long version of VinetaK.

Also, if Basilico Black makes a return. Someone might get stabbed:blarg:lol

TearsToShreds
2nd March 2009, 10:43 AM
Altima. First track ever, best track ever.

This.

Asayyeah
2nd March 2009, 12:32 PM
Spliskynanke for the dark ambiance and blue Ridge for the brightest track

Chill
2nd March 2009, 10:57 PM
all ps1 Wipeout tracks... =P no really, I love every one of them...

and agree on blue ridge, and want citta nuova and I don't care what anyone thinks... just get rid of the bilboard please... ;) After that, all Wipeout Pure tracks other than the euro only pack... cause those i seriously don't care all that much for... they're weird...

Darkdrium777
2nd March 2009, 11:49 PM
just get rid of the bilboard please... ;)They added more of these "obstacles" in HD. For example on Metropia, the turbo jump BR before the end (White in Pulse, Reverse in HD), well now there is some sort of steel construct hanging low over the track. :blarg
Keep your head down! :lol

subtotal
3rd March 2009, 12:39 AM
i think we deserve every track from every game in glorious hd...
...does that still count as one wish?!

ok ,if i can only pick one it would be Korodera from the original wipeout and Valparaiso from 2097

does anybody know how many tracks there are in total??
-silly question i expect most of you know

and while i'm here why are we referred to as wipers? sounds like someone who works in an o.a.p home

outers is less confusing

feisar rocket
3rd March 2009, 02:46 AM
wat about sol 2 in pure but add a loop then an up side down part under the part wit no wall.(man i lov doing rols ther of that little wall)

Xavier
3rd March 2009, 12:37 PM
Kigo, I too love all those long tracks from Fusion. Mandrashee is just a joy to drive (and after getting hammered by it in Zone mode over and over, was really, realyl easy the first time I took it on in a regular race!).

Florion Heights is also a lot of fun. Is this supposed to be the place (western American desert) where Pierre Belmondo demonstrated anti-gravity? You'd think that as the birthplace of AG racing, there would always be a course there. Maybe in 2207 it could be newly reconstructed with scaffolding all over the place.

darkfaerytales
3rd March 2009, 07:01 PM
K this is my wish, and is long

P-mar project
Gare D' Europa
AltimaVII
Hi-Fumii
Firestar
Staten Park
Blue Ridge
Modesto Heights
Tech De Ra
Vertica
Exostra Run
Fort Gale
Florion Heights ( althought i don't own a fusion copy, i play it once on this track and i've see it many times around, and i like very much it)

and if you want
Stanza Inter
Sampa Run
Manor Top
Korodera
Orcus
Gemini Dam
Valparaiso...

Cyberio
4th March 2009, 02:27 PM
I like to see in WipEout HD all the first WipEout tracks.
Specially Altima VII, Korodera (in Rapier lighting), Terramax (in Rapier lighting), Silverstream and Fire Star, the unlockable one.
Putting the OST of WipEout there will be a revival experience!

KIGO1987
4th March 2009, 02:59 PM
Kigo, I too love all those long tracks from Fusion. Mandrashee is just a joy to drive (and after getting hammered by it in Zone mode over and over, was really, realyl easy the first time I took it on in a regular race!).

Florion Heights is also a lot of fun. Is this supposed to be the place (western American desert) where Pierre Belmondo demonstrated anti-gravity? You'd think that as the birthplace of AG racing, there would always be a course there. Maybe in 2207 it could be newly reconstructed with scaffolding all over the place.

Florion Heights was in the state of Arizona i think. But its great to see other people agreeing that there where some fantastically made Fusion tracks out there, and that they should be highly considered to be put into a future expansion pack.

K this is my wish, and is long

P-mar project
Gare D' Europa
AltimaVII
Hi-Fumii
Firestar
Staten Park
Blue Ridge
Modesto Heights
Tech De Ra
Vertica
Exostra Run
Fort Gale
Florion Heights ( althought i don't own a fusion copy, i play it once on this track and i've see it many times around, and i like very much it)

and if you want
Stanza Inter
Sampa Run
Manor Top
Korodera
Orcus
Gemini Dam
Valparaiso...

Another, agreeing with Florion Heights. You hearing this Crob, Colin?? It should be reasonably easy to drop a Fusion track in HD, im sure the textures are very similar.

But i got to say that Australian Wipeout track in Fusion, Trechsma Bay or somesht, expecially part 2 was a ****ing disaster to play on. Even in real life, the geological location of that track would be sht too, heat, flies, heat, coons trying to stab and steal your wallet. lol.

One Fusion track i got to give complete credit to the design team. Was that final track on the moon. I remember seeing the graphics for the first time, and said, holy **** thats incredible. Imagine than in 1080p, good idea aye? :+

DawnFireDragoon
4th March 2009, 04:32 PM
all of them. i'm not kidding.

i seriously wouldn't mind them putting out a game inferior to HD in graphics, but with a massive ammount of content.

imagine 2097, looking a bit sharper, smoother. all tracks, split screen, online, online split screen...everything. trophies too.

mwaaaaaaaaaaaa.

darkfaerytales
4th March 2009, 06:02 PM
yes,that big abyyyyyysmallll jump is ace:+
if the in game phisics weren't bonded to only 1 barrel roll per jump...barrel rolls galore!!!

i was thinking about katmoda 12 me too friend, indeed another i like very much, i'm pretty sure an HD ports would rocks, this track is pretty amazing, but just redesign it in pure wipeout hd style and visuals, hi tech elegant and sophisticated

maybe supported by lunar parks company :+ heheehehe

Darkdrium777
4th March 2009, 07:19 PM
mwaaaaaaaaaaaa.Here are some paper towels... ;)

DawnFireDragoon
5th March 2009, 12:36 AM
ha, thankyou.

Sausehuhn
5th March 2009, 11:54 AM
As the whole data of the PlayStation1-WipEouts is lost, I'll focus on Fusion here. Even though I like Pure's and Pulse's tracks, they're far too short for a new WipEout in my eyes. And even though I like WOHD, I really would have liked to see longer tracks.

I just put WOF into a PS2 again and saw how detailed the tracks are. Really. Think of that: no matter which track you chose in WOF (may it be the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd version), every time the whole track is rendered. That means: Even though you've just chosen the 1st track variant, the others are rendered, too. (I'm pretty sure here).
That gives you a pretty good example of how many polygons even the PS2 can handle at a time.

This being said, I'm amazed how damn detailed the track environments are. Scaffoldings here, pillars there.
I think you could pretty well just port them 1:1 to the PS3, give them new textures and a bit of bump-mapping and then carefully give it a few more polygons here and there (for the track sourrounding: Making rocks more rounded or circles more round, stuff like that).

Sooo. Here we go:
- Florion Height 3 forward
- Mandrashee 2 reverse
- Mandrashee 3 forward
- Cubiss Float 3 forward
- Alca Vexus 2 forward
- Alca Vexus 3 forward
- Temtesh Bay 1 forward
- Vohl Square 2 forward
- Vohl Square 3 forward
- Katmoda 3 forward

Especially Florion Height and Alca Vexus as well as Vohl Square must look phenominal in HD.
But they really should not change the geometrics of the existing data too much. And please don't overdo it with the neon and lights. I love neon signs, but HD has gone too far here and there (I mean: lamps on the guardrails?!).

I think you got it ;)

Xavier
5th March 2009, 12:46 PM
Sausehuhn, is that list in the order of how much you like them? If so, I agree with you about having Katmoda at the bottom. :) I never really got into that course, whereas most of the other ones were just beautiful. Why was the gravity the same as on Earth? What was with the red caves? The whole thing seemed like a course that was half-finished and thrown in at the last minute; nothing like the polished greatness of Florion Heights or Alca Vexus or Mandrashee.

I haven't played HD yet, but I do hope that the courses are a bit brighter and easier to see. Pure did a great job on this; Pulse seemed to cheaply increase the difficulty by having dark environments. Fusion did this, somewhat, on Vohl Square.

Kigo, I think you're just upset because Tetmesh Bay is such a mess and it's in your native country! :) While those caves were a little too chaotic, I liked the "outside" areas a lot. Even the red-and-white borders on the track gave it a feel of being a popular, "professional" circuit.

Sausehuhn
5th March 2009, 01:03 PM
Hah! No the list doesn't represent how much I like them, just the order they're in the game (though I mixed up Temtesh Bay and Vohl Square).

But yeah, I agree on Katmoda. Even though I like it, it has a few aspects to it that make it 1. unlogical (if you can speak of logic conercing WipEout ;)) - flamethrower without air? - and 2. not that nice in terms of attention to detail.

What I like about Fusion's tracks (environments) is that each track really has an atmosphere of its own that is not only made by the track itself but also of its sourrounding. The environments really gives each track a specific feeling.

darkfaerytales
5th March 2009, 04:14 PM
if you can speak of logic about WIPEOUT FUSION not wipeout in a whole

unlogical (if you can speak of logic conercing WipEout ;)) - flamethrower without air?

and speaking about...gravity, anyone?

on moon? antigravity racing, ok:+

Velocitar64
5th March 2009, 05:59 PM
Hmm, well, down to my name, Velocitar would be a good track. A Velocitar II with more of an uncontrollable Wipeout Fusion style would be great. Since WFusions tracks were no less than insane.

Toy Dingo
16th April 2009, 05:13 PM
I know this is a tall order for the Devs, but I don't have any hated tracks in the Wipeout Series as a whole (maybe a few Fusion tracks). I would like to see EVERY TRACK EVER MADE FOR A WIPEOUT GAME.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have close to 100 tracks to cruise around on? Though I'm not sure how many of those tracks would be suited for the HD era...

Mad-Ice
17th April 2009, 02:03 PM
I know what you mean Sausehuhn! Especially about the short tracks in HD! Fusion really did good on the lenghts of the tracks. So tracks from Fusion in HD is a superb idea. And if not in the coming DLC, than for sure in the new version of Wipeout PS3.

leungbok
17th April 2009, 07:38 PM
I fully agree, mate ! And megamall from wip3out too !!

archman
18th April 2009, 11:09 AM
Even though I wouldn't buy it if it was released out for PS3, I would like them to do an Outpost 7 White, so I can cry to your videos, 'cause even on Pulse that track is a jewel. One of my favs!

jaminjack
20th April 2009, 06:03 PM
Wipeout XL tracks and fusion tracks. Also joining tracks together making them longer. Adding a few more and faster weapon pickups.

WolfKill01
9th July 2009, 08:32 PM
Mega Mall, Stanza Inter, Manortop, and Terminal from wipeout 3. Maybe Terramax and Korodera from the original.

GalacticSpartan
12th July 2009, 09:19 PM
Mega mall, and Terramax for the win :3.

Aeroracer
12th July 2009, 10:55 PM
Korodera and gare europa

slimjim
12th July 2009, 11:51 PM
Terramax and Korodera

willsgb13
19th July 2009, 01:06 PM
i was first going to do a drawn out write-up of which tracks i would want back and why; this included most tracks from wipeout, 2097, 3, the few from fusion that i've raced so far, almost all from pure - including most of the downloadable pack ones - and most from pulse.

then i considered just saying all of them, upon which i thought to say that they should be unlockable as either classic packs of tracks as seen on pure, or as a revisiting old ground plot with possible divergances by pilots and the AG league and owners, but then i realised that i simply want to play the old games. for example, the garish, wide-tracked reimagining of altima in pure is very welcome and fun, but it's not the same experience as altima on wipeout, with an auricom or a qirex as they were on wipeout. porto kora's wide-tracked, techno-industrial new face on pure - excellent (but very, very easy) but it's not the sunny seaside romp/cruise/blitz it is on wip3out.

i don't know. this should be left to the discretion of the guys at studio liverpool. i'm happy with their re-introductions so far in pure, and i'm happier with the outstanding new tracks they continue to come up with in each new title. :banzai

Ravyn
29th July 2009, 11:08 PM
Definitely Firestar and any track from pure not currently in WOHD.

Rubix42
30th July 2009, 01:49 PM
If they took the quick and easy approach and just gave us classic track packs ala pure, that would be great. Single color courses for racing would be sweet.

But if they are bringing them fully to HD, I'd love to see Outpost 7 and Fort Gale. Another couple Pure tracks would be nice as well.

Lightlord
31st July 2009, 12:11 AM
should just do all the fusion tracks they were really good especially the 3rd versions of those.

CJS
2nd August 2009, 08:14 AM
Exsotra Run, Staten Park, Blue Ridge, Sinucit, Citta Nuova, Sebenco Peak. The whole Ascention League in HD would be nice :nod

kaori
2nd August 2009, 10:47 AM
I agree, two days ago, I've looked wipeoutpure.com website, and these tracks are awesome.

ACE-FLO
2nd August 2009, 12:05 PM
It was like the easiest track on Pure from the DLC content, but 123KLAN was probably the track I raced the most, the BR's were a rush! A very clean looking track with graffiti here and there... awesome!

btw, a thought here. How do you feel about being able to BR on the retro tracks if they were included in a new wipeout?

willsgb13
2nd August 2009, 04:02 PM
certainly adds an extra element to old favourite racing lines and tracks :rock

swift killer
4th August 2009, 11:00 AM
When a full proper original WipEout comes to ps3, it should be more of an anthology mashed with something new and I'd like to see the following tracks back :) :

Manor Top, Gare D'Europa, Vostok Island, Spilskinanke, Odessa Keys, the whole Ascension League, the whole Delta league, Moa Therma, Metropia Black, Arc Prime White, Basilico Black, De Konstruct, Amphesium, Fort Gale and Vertica...

...as well as some of the tracks from the disowned bastard of the series: Fusion:

Florion Heights 2 & 3 forward and reverse, Madarashee 2 forward & 3 forward and reverse, Vohl Square 2 forward and reverse, Temtesh Bay... the one with split tracks & Katmoda 2 & 3 but with less rank looking surroundings.

RJ O'Connell
8th August 2009, 06:55 AM
Altima VII on a next-gen console needs to happen and it needs to happen, like, seven years ago. And I don't mean the Pure version, it was ok, but I would much rather see the track in all its majestic, Canadian wilderness-ness than the bright red Tron setting.

Darkdrium777
8th August 2009, 02:51 PM
Well you know, it's possible they take the track data of the PurE version, but create the realistic decoration instead of using the "classic 2" style ;)

swift killer
8th August 2009, 07:00 PM
I loved the Classic 2 style :$

CJS
15th August 2009, 11:16 AM
Since it looks like Pure and Pulse are the only games being PS3'd, Vostok Reef and Vertica would be cool. Maybe Arc Prime, too

Aeroracer
24th August 2009, 06:59 PM
gare europe=happy players=more cash for SL

billychanxtr33m
25th August 2009, 12:04 AM
of the pure and pulse tracks-
PURE:
blue ridge // love the architecture around the course, and the long sweeping tunneled turns remind me of altima vii.
sinucit // a fun track with some nice splits in the track. it looks amazing on the psp and should really wow in hd.
exostra run // hd could use another open track, and this one would fit nicely. the environment on this track is great, of course modesto and talons junction look completly different than their psp counterparts theme wise.
khara descent // barrel roll madness!! short and open, i doubt this will ever make its way to hd. still, this track could be really fun.
PULSE:
fort gale // hd doesn't have the storm effects but i would still love to see fort gale on the big screen. the spinning machine vertigo tunnel would look amazing, especially in zone.
basilico // they would need to keep the gritty look (which i doubt they would) for it to work but basilico is one of my favs.
platinum rush // a great technical track with a sharp, clean look that will go well with the other hd tracks. the flashes of green with all the grey cement is a nice look.

abukii
29th August 2009, 01:17 PM
Karbonis (WO)
Sagramatha (XL/2097)
Valpariso (XL/2097)

3 of my original favs:cowboy

Anomaly
21st September 2009, 08:42 PM
I liked Stanza Inter for some reason

Also Manor top :)

q_dmc12
29th September 2009, 05:07 AM
gare d'europe definitely! I know its just a mirror but I'd like to see Qoron IV as well..:bat

AG-wolf
5th October 2009, 12:41 PM
All of them?

I mean, come on... that pretty much sums up this entire conversation :P

Honestly I'd like to see more from the first 5 games in the series... there should be a classic DLC pack for WOHD that has like 2 tracks each from 1, xl, 64, 3, and fusion... but it's still too hard to pick out only a couple good tracks from each game.

Koleax
7th October 2009, 11:44 PM
Valparaiso, not just because it's a great track, but Wipeout HD could really use some trees. Maybe they haven't done it because the sheer number of trees in Valparaiso would task the processor too much. They could make simpler-looking trees, but they wouldn't look good in screenshots. They'll probably do Odessa Keys before Valparaiso, because it has simpler geometry.

Tracks from Fusion are impractical because they were designed with different gameplay elements, namely wide open spaces, doors, and track switch pads. The steep hills could be remedied with magnetic track, but then it would become a repetitive design element. Can you imagine Cubiss Float 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-56XaUKnH4A)? Actually I wouldn't mind a Fusion remake, but you can run it in HD using PCSX2, so it's not high on my list of wants.

I really want Valparaiso. :xtree

Nick Burcombe
8th October 2009, 02:48 PM
Hi all, long time no post....

I'd love to make a new PS3 version Altima that finally gets rid of the awful tunnel at the top of the mountain and have the massive drop I envisaged in the first place. The idea for this as an opening track was to have a Wow moment. In the original paper design, the first half of the track was winding it's way up the mountin - as it did in the final game, but instead of cresting the hill and banging your head on a tunnel, this was a ramp into oblivion - a bit like taking a base jump.

You were suppose to leap off the mountain and then whilst plummeting to the floor, you'd be lining youself up in terms of pitch and angle for a perfect scooped up landing on a super-wide landing area. Sadly PS1 didn't have the draw distance to pull it off, so we HAD to put in the tunnel to restrict the view. Shame really - would have been an amazing moment. Wipeout HD for PS3 would be able to pull it off and it'd be spectacular....

The other thing I'd do is change that final bend onto the start/finish straight. I begged and begged to change the width of the exit on tunnel to fix it. Awful mistake, and it made it WAY too hard for an opening level.

Another favourite of mine would be Gare D'Europa. Again largely in tunnels coz of hardware.

Thanks for your time.....

Nick B

Lance
8th October 2009, 03:41 PM
That would have been spectacular, Nick. And yeah, that lead-in to the finishing straight was a real b... uh, it is difficult.

Good to see you here again. :)

And by-the-way, those thousand-times-accursed bumps before the Great Leap on Gare D'Europa? GAAAAAAAAHHHHH.
Whose idea were those bumps? ;) Did the racecraft have to be slowed down due to inadequacies of the the console?

Nick Burcombe
9th October 2009, 01:13 PM
The bumps are a pain - just not enough polys. Should have been perfectely curved so that if you Turbo'ed off the upslope of the first bump, you'd land smoothly on the downslope of next in the sequence. It didn't turn out like that sadly, but yeah - I'd fix that.

lunar
9th October 2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Nick, welcome back. Great to hear the bumps explained - I always wondered how those bloody things got there.

I'd love to make a new PS3 version Altima that finally gets rid of the awful tunnel at the top of the mountain and have the massive drop I envisaged in the first place.

I`d love you to be able to do it too, but with something of the aerodynamics and handling of the original game to make it really work, and no barrel roll on the way down before the lovely smooth landing you described. Sounds like you were imagining something like the Florian Heights drop, which didn`t quite work either. Maybe one day....

The other thing I'd do is change that final bend onto the start/finish straight. I begged and begged to change the width of the exit on tunnel to fix it. Awful mistake, and it made it WAY too hard for an opening level.

I don`t know what is the right way to take that turn; I have at least 3 methods of varying riskiness involving different use of pitch, thrust and brakes, that can all work. The worst thing you can do is doubt that you will make it, I suppose. It is a very hard corner and it can be very cruel if fear of it makes you crash at the end of a decent race, because it really makes you very nervous sometimes, but it`s part of the character of the original game too. :)

Lance
9th October 2009, 03:47 PM
"...and it can be very cruel if fear of it makes you crash at the end of a decent race,..."

And it has. sigh

"Should have been perfectely curved so that if you Turbo'ed off the upslope of the first bump, you'd land smoothly on the downslope of next in the sequence."

I never did manage that. Sometimes, on bumps in other tracks like the ones in a tunnel on Valparaiso, I could lift the nose and if I had enough speed I could air-cushion over them.

DawnFireDragoon
14th October 2009, 02:31 AM
Valparaiso, not just because it's a great track, but Wipeout HD could really use some trees. Maybe they haven't done it because the sheer number of trees in Valparaiso would task the processor too much.

i agree so much with this, wipeout hd has waaaaay too many cityscape tracks. every other game in the series has much more variation.

if they cant do tree's with the eight million processors in the ps3 then that's a bit suprising. sure it might be difficult, but it'd be worth their time for sure.

yeah, the future is gonna be dark, polluted and apparently flooded with neon signs...but there's still gotta be the odd tree!!! :)

Valparaiso is one i have wanted to see updated for a long time. even it not been in wipeout 3: special edition was a real shame. i agree with a lot of other people that the first few games have some real gems, that need to make another appearance.

Koleax
29th November 2009, 04:07 PM
Sausehuhn mentioned it very briefly, but everyone reading this thread should know this:

Digital Foundry: The Fury expansion once again mines the rich vein of content you created for the PSP WipEout titles. A lot of people will be wondering why the focus has been on those tracks as opposed to the Psygnosis-era games. Will we ever see 2097 tracks within the WipEout HD universe?

Studio Liverpool: This is without doubt the most commonly asked question: why do we not have tracks from the PS1 era? The answer is pretty simple really, we don't have the art assets readily available for the PS1 tracks and as a result the amount of work required to recreate them for HD would not be cost effective. We have 30-plus tracks from the previous PSP versions that we can choose from all of which provide us with the assets required, [but] even with these assets it still takes the art team eight months of solid effort to get one HD/Fury track to look like it does.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-wipeout-hd-fury-interview

plasma_king
22nd December 2009, 11:55 AM
1 - Phenitia Park for those insane 90 degree corners.

2 - Gare d'Europe for the awesome tunnel and jump bit

3 - Silverstream for just how cool it was

4 - Alca Vexus (without the natural terrain section) for the scenery, the wicked short cut, and the awesome rainbow section under the waterfall

5 - Vostok Island or Spilskinake for the level of difficulty

Dan Locke
4th January 2010, 02:53 AM
Sampa Run, because HD needs more night/rainy tracks (the Amphiseum just doesn't cut it for atmosphere).

Hi-Fumii, because it needs gritty industrial tracks as well.

Altima VII, because everybody loves it.

eoS-Zero
5th January 2010, 04:09 PM
GARE D'EUROPA - all time favorite :nod

PORTA KORA - birds scattering, track reminded me on ridge racer ^^
HI-FUMII - challenging corners
MANOR TOP - rooftops, the cat and wonderful transitions
P-MAR PROJECT - setting, cherry tree petals

ARC PRIME - speedy and fluent

and maybe some mixture from the fusion tracks. the waterfall was an awesome idea. mix that with the rainy forest track from extreme G 3 and it would be great.

IndoorSnowStorm
24th August 2010, 02:17 AM
Sorry to post on this ancient thread, but I'd like to see Vertica or Vostok Reef make another appearance.

Chet_BG
24th August 2010, 02:04 PM
I like Platinum Rush from Pulse a lot. I'd like to see it in HD :)

Xpand
24th August 2010, 02:28 PM
Porto Kora... Pure's version sucks... It's too wide and doesn't resemble the original track...

IndoorSnowStorm
24th August 2010, 02:51 PM
Now that I think about it, maybe Fort Gale from Pulse should be in there, too.

MetaKraken
24th August 2010, 09:07 PM
They should add:

De Konstruct - Geneva
Vertica - George Town
Fort Gale - Gibraltar
Sincuit - ???
Blue Ridge - ???
Basilico - Nova Scotia
Citta Nuova - ???
Outpost 7 - Helsinki

F.E.I.S.A.R
25th November 2010, 06:10 AM
I know that this thread is dead,but just my thoughts.
WipEout
-Altima VII
-Karbonis
WipEout 2097/XL
-Talon's Reach
-*Sagarmartha
Wip3out
-*Porto Kora
-*Manor Top
WipEout Fusion
-**Florion Height 1 and 3

*denotes tracks be revamped like jumps Mag-Stripped in the reverse version.
**Denotes use of Mag-Strip wherever necessary.

XpanDrome2097
5th February 2011, 08:47 AM
Very nice thread, I've lost it :).
One of my favourite tracks of all the times was Silverstream indeed, from the first WipEout: the icy atmosphere was really unique and the details of the background were amazing, as the track design.
Probably one of the most underrated tracks.

Other ones:

- Horodera from the first WipEout: am the only one who loves it? Espacially the final corner was pretty insane!
- Valparaiso from 2097/XL was pretty cool to race, why it was excluded from W3 SE?
- Gare D'Europa and Odessa Keys are known as "the immortal ones" by myself!
- Sampa Run from Wip3out was one of my favourites, very tricky and great to race;
- Mega Mall and Manor Top also from Wip3out: the first has its epic descending spiral, the second has its high height corners;
- Katmoda 12 from Fusion is another good track to race again, especially the 3rd variant with its spectacular "loop the loop" :D!

leungbok
5th February 2011, 11:05 AM
mega mall
manor top
outpost 7
platinum rush
odessa keys
valparaiso
:)

Darloryan94
9th June 2011, 02:45 PM
Firestar from WO1 would be good fun. it's so far the only track in the series not on Earth and it would look awesome with a HD remake.
Valparaiso from 2097, cos i wanna see less city-based tracks. Racing through the Aztec/Mayan pyramid felt pretty cool too.
and either P-mar or Mega Mall from 3.

mdhay
9th June 2011, 03:48 PM
Katmoda 12 was on the Moon.

Sausehuhn
9th June 2011, 04:38 PM
… and Devilia on a planet called „Novon“.

redcheckers
9th June 2011, 06:55 PM
It was?
Staying on topic, I want LS104 back.

JABBERJAW
10th June 2011, 01:14 AM
spilskinanke, and gare d'europa, because of difficulty, would take a while to get those down in HD.

Also, was thinking that pmar project would be awesome in HD, with turbo placement, ect, could be very good

xtriko
10th June 2011, 08:58 AM
Spliskynanke, Outpost 7, Gare D'Europa and Vertica :)

Oryx Crake
10th June 2011, 03:05 PM
I kinda liked korodera for all that it was hard to see what was going on a lot of the time due to the similarities in all the textures... but then that's one of those things HD-graphics would probably solve

Nexus72
11th June 2011, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone,

my favorite track that was full of snow and ice in the first wipeout, I believe was the last of the season .... beautiful, spectacular!

does anyone remember the name? :rock

cy@ll

WolfKill01
11th June 2011, 06:33 PM
Silverstream. And that track would be a very welcome addition. But I really don't want to see any tracks return. I want all new tracks. All of them diverse with their own personality

Nexus72
12th June 2011, 04:32 AM
great ! me too ! :rock

F.E.I.S.A.R
12th June 2011, 06:49 AM
It's said that the game ends with a race at Altima VII...so that track may get a HD reboot...

jesse9705
12th June 2011, 09:01 AM
I'd personally like all the track's from every game included as well as a lot of new one's too, That way people won't run out of thing's to do

Dusk118
12th June 2011, 10:34 PM
I've been a fan of Odessa Keys ever since Pure (mainly because I can pwn someone's face in on a time trial for lap records). If that gets revamped, I'll pwn someone's face in once again. XD

Zynetic
12th June 2011, 11:02 PM
I never really liked Odessa Keys in Pure, I really think that version took away alot of the charm that stage had (such as the jumps and twists), though I would really like that stage to make a return in its 2097/WO3 version.

Valparaiso, Phenitia Park, Gare d'Europa and Spilskinanke would also be great tracks to bring back, in my opinion. (Yeah, I know 2097 fanboy, woo)

EDIT: On second thought, I'm not sure if I'd welcome the original versions of tracks from the pre-Pure games. The new physics (especially Barrel Rolls) would really kill those stages, in my opinion. Flying around them with a perfect racing line is really what made those tracks great.

noj
13th June 2011, 02:25 AM
It might be a bit greedy but all the tracks from WO 1,2,3+Pure would do nicely for me :)
But if I could pick just 1 it would have to be Korodera, in all its doom and gloomy awesomeness!

OBH
14th June 2011, 07:40 AM
Chenghou! Chenghou! Chenghou! :g

Also De Konstruct & Vertica would be nice :+

Aeroracer
14th June 2011, 10:18 PM
i want to see gare de europe or whatever it was called.not sure what wipeout game it was from but it was a night track with lots of rain and i think it was set in paris..

i want to see russian track too i think that was from wipeout one as i downloaded it from ps store last year.

GameKyuubi
16th June 2011, 01:38 AM
Chenghou
Sebenco Climb
Fort Gale
Manor Top
Vertica
Citta Nuova
Outpost 7

leungbok
16th June 2011, 12:57 PM
Daimion Pinnock interview
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-wipeout-2048/716263

alterego
21st June 2011, 12:13 PM
Hi All.

all the old wipeout tracks are perfect to me, but I love a lot all the tracks from pure.

I think to koltiwa, khara descent, paris hair and 123klan....someone remember them?

read you soon
cdrom

JABBERJAW
22nd June 2011, 02:57 AM
Khara is awesome, we always play that at the tourney

q_dmc12
27th June 2011, 01:26 PM
Karbonis ...it's set in the past, right? :twisted

swift killer
27th June 2011, 04:32 PM
What about the two Phantom tracks from 2097? I think its Vostok Island and Spilskinanke. Also:

Gare D'Europa
all variations of:
Florion Heights
Madarashee
Vohl Square
Temtesh Bay

selected variations:
Cubis Float 2 & 3
Alca Vexis (i forgotten which variations were the good ones)
Katmoda 12 2 & 3

All tracks from Pure and Pulse

q_dmc12
30th June 2011, 07:00 PM
Now that I'm thinking more about it, would be nice to see older tracks come back but with different names. Sorta like Dyroness was Karbonis.

I'd like to see Valparaiso make a comeback as well.

GalacticSpartan
9th July 2011, 02:50 PM
I can see Altima coming back since it is the very first track in WipEout. Sure, I`d like to see that back in all of its largeness, unlike in Wipeout Pure. I`d like to see Vertica come back too, along with maybe Mega Mall?

pask765
14th September 2011, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see Florion Heights Extended, Mandrashee Extended, Alca Vexus Extended and Katmoda 12 Extended making a return as they were really fun course to race on.