PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Dutchmen vs. Team France

SaturnReturn
1st March 2009, 12:57 AM
EDIT:
The Flying Dutchmen vs. Team France
1st Round
Phantom Fighter Tournament, 8 Forward Tracks, 8 Reverse Tracks, Weapons On, Same Ship Throughout
Sunday 8th March 2009 - 1500 GMT/1600 GMT+1

Teams:
The Flying Dutchmen
Mad-Ice, SaturnReturn, Yeldar2097, Luxoflux (jaller65), 1st reserve: AnErare

Team France
pirhapac, Asayyeah, kingheim, ExpitariuS, 1st reserve: G-Superpilot

It's time once again to unite against the forces of another mighty anti-grav racing team. This time we face the greatest single supplier of anti-grav pilots - France.

Dates

1. Kaori has suggested Friday 13th March to me as a date when he personally is available. Firstly, please let me know if you are available on this date.

2. As per the previous match I also ask you all to declare your availability over the next 3 weekends in case the 13th is not suitable. So that will be 7th-8th, 14-15th, 21st-22nd.

To members of Team France - I think Kaori is going to post on the french forums but if you can let me know via this thread when you are available so that all can see then that might help organise things better.

Format
Format is to be decided. Against Team Nordic we only did weapons races but I think Kaori would like some Avalon style races as well. He has also suggested 2 teams for each nation if we have enough numbers, with each team playing each other team from the other nation in a round of 8 races, e.g.

Normal weapons and Reverse avalon tournament : France A vs Dutch B & Dutch A vs France B
Reverse weapons & Normal avalon tournament : France A vs Dutch A & France B vs Dutch B

If you have a preference for format then let me know. I personally would like to do a weapons only for direct comparison with the Team Nordic match, but there is no reason to not include weapons races as well, maybe even over 2 different days.

This will all be a bit more ambitious than the last time so please register as early as possible stating your availability so that we can try to get it all going smoothly.

Thanks

EDIT:
Availability:
The Flying Dutchmen
SaturnReturn - Preferably Saturdays or Sundays
Yeldar2097 - 8th March
R3BU5ER - 13th and probably Sundays
Mad-Ice - 6th, 8th, 15th, 20th, 22nd March
Luxoflux - 7th-8th, 13th-15th, not 21st-22nd.
AnErare - 6th-8th

Team France
kaori - 13th, not 7th-8th, unsure about others

yeldar2097
1st March 2009, 10:55 AM
GAHHH!!! not available on friday 13th :(

i'm available 15th and so far that's all i got.

sorry boys, looks like yeldar2097 is going to be sitting this one out...

at least they won't be able to crucify me 'a la plasma', i may have come top in a tourney rife with frenchies and i don't think they were too happy...
safe for the moment :)

R3BU5ER
1st March 2009, 10:56 AM
Count me in! :beer Going to be some ruffness...the French i've raced are tres TGV :p

SaturnReturn
1st March 2009, 11:23 AM
Yeldar - I like the idea of having this over 2 days so that you can take part. Maybe non-weapons on Friday and weapons races on Sunday. I'd rather race on Sunday as I'm usually ultra knackered on a Friday night, to the point where I'll go take a 'nap' at about 8pm and wake up at midday Saturday morning. I've PM'd kaori asking if we can at least have some racing on Sunday as you missed out last time.

R3BU5ER - Cool, thanks for signing up already. Can I take that as available the 13th and generally weekends?

OBH
1st March 2009, 03:51 PM
C'mon you crazy dutch! :beer

SaturnReturn
1st March 2009, 04:02 PM
Hehe, thanks for the support mate :D

Mad-Ice
1st March 2009, 05:55 PM
Aye! I'm in. On these days in march I am free atm: friday 6th, sunday 8th, sunday 15th, friday 20th, sunday 22th.

See y'all there.

R3BU5ER
1st March 2009, 06:47 PM
You can count me in on the 13th for sure :)

Not generally the weekends, cause on Saturday I am always working till midnight...but Sundays shouldn't be a problem cause i'm 99% off. So generallt half a weekend :p

yeldar2097
1st March 2009, 09:30 PM
c*ckfosters. i may not be available after all.
i'll see what i can do but i have no way of getting home that day; parents doing an exhibition in france.
sorry to let the team down, i feel like a sinking dutchman :(

kaori
1st March 2009, 09:37 PM
I can't play 7th-8th.
I can play 13th
I don't know for the 14th-15th
I don't know for the 21st-22nd

Yeldar - I like the idea of having this over 2 days so that you can take part. Maybe non-weapons on Friday and weapons races on Sunday.

Good idea

SaturnReturn
1st March 2009, 09:57 PM
c*ckfosters. i may not be available after all.
i'll see what i can do but i have no way of getting home that day; parents doing an exhibition in france.
sorry to let the team down, i feel like a sinking dutchman :(

Is that day the 15th? So you mean you can't make any of the next 3 weekends? That would suck. Can't you take a train or something? Helicopter? Private jet? ANYTHING? We need you if we're gonna win this thing.

Also, Cockfosters is my nearest tube station, what a coincidence.

yeldar2097
1st March 2009, 10:05 PM
Also, Cockfosters is my nearest tube station, what a coincidence.
that's where i stole it from :D. you have NO IDEA how much i want to go there.
god i'm juvenile...

back on track. ok, here's when i'm free:
8th march: 00:00 - 20:00
15th march: potentially 12:00 - 20:00 IF (thats a big if) i can't get home somehow.
21st march: 00:00 - 05:00(22nd march so 25hrs after my freedom begins)
23rd march: 00.00 - 20something'th of april :)

hope this helps, sorry my life is such a mess

Luxoflux
2nd March 2009, 09:34 AM
Any of the dates suit my well. Except for march the 21-22.

AnErare
2nd March 2009, 07:29 PM
I'm definatly available the 7th and 8th, not the 14th and 15th and pobably not on 21st and 22nd :/ But by the looks of this thead I don't think that's going to ba a problem :)

SaturnReturn
3rd March 2009, 06:08 PM
All, kaori has informed me that the French can play Sunday 8th march at 1600 GMT+1. I believe that's 3pm in English time.

So are all the Dutchies good for that time? If so then we probably need a qualifying match. Maybe as Mad-Ice and Yeldar didn't get to take part last time they should automatically play? Especially as Yeldar couldn't make a qualifying match before Sunday. Then the rest of us could fight it out for the remaining places? Let me know what you all think is the best way to do it.

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 06:17 PM
good plan.
if you do have a qualifying session and one you has an absolute blinder then feel free to replace me with them, good form could be a deciding factor. mad-ice is a necessity though

are we having an A and a B team or just one quad?

AnErare
3rd March 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm entirely up for that. Thursday eve from about 1800 GMT+1 until 2100 and friday from 1900 until the early hours saturday morning I'm available for sessions which could decide who will race and who won't. A and B teams would really be superb! Otherwise I'd seriously leave a spot for anyone up for the races since I've already made it into the tour against the Nordicks :)

It's awfully quiet at the French Fries side though, what's up with that uncharacteristic silence :P

SaturnReturn
3rd March 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure. Maybe they're scared? (Oh the trouble that statement could cause). I'm counting on kaori to get a team together. There are plenty of good French pilots so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

AnErare
3rd March 2009, 08:43 PM
I think it isn't and or won't, and it's only tuesday yet..

pirahpac
3rd March 2009, 08:58 PM
:cold

SaturnReturn
3rd March 2009, 09:41 PM
It looks like pirahpac will take us all on :D

leungbok
3rd March 2009, 11:15 PM
Lol pirha :D
No mates, no fear from us ;)
For my part, i don't know if i'll have time to play against the fast dutchmen, because i have a very busy month. :(
I think i'll participate as a backup pilot.

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 06:00 PM
do the french have a team yet, quiet as a mouse over at WO.arena?

pirahpac
5th March 2009, 04:58 AM
pirhapac very ready :hyper and ..and ..akfurtif too :nod :lol

Asayyeah
5th March 2009, 07:40 AM
I ll be there on sunday 4pm GMT, i ll delay my departure to Beauvais in order to participate at that cool competition.
So you can count me in for team France A or B.

pirahpac
5th March 2009, 08:47 AM
oh yeah cool asa ..french is very very ready now :banzai

kaori
5th March 2009, 01:33 PM
Team France players.
present (4) : pirhapac ; AkFurtif ; Asayyeah ; kanar
50% (2) : leungbok, kaori714
absent (1) : chboing
i wait answers of : ExpitariuS, Epsilon, Nyctalopian, spoon56, kingheim, wotan998, G-Superpilot, Samy_fr, AKRO2

kanar
5th March 2009, 01:37 PM
If it's confirmed for the 15th, we'll make a break here at avalon, in order to send Asa & Leungbok (depending on his train) into the backdraft. I'll be a substitute, recording the war from the bench. Or I'll eat your mines guys, depending on the attendance.

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 01:45 PM
why do i have a bad feeling about this...:cold

is there nothing happening this coming sunday then?

Wotan
5th March 2009, 04:21 PM
Finally i'm ok for the 15th ;)

pirahpac
5th March 2009, 04:25 PM
:clap:guitar

SaturnReturn
5th March 2009, 05:26 PM
I ll be there on sunday 4pm GMT, i ll delay my departure to Beauvais in order to participate at that cool competition.
So you can count me in for team France A or B.

Asa - It should be 4pm GMT +1 I believe. That should be 3pm GMT. Unless we need to make it an hour earlier?

To all Frenchies - I'm glad to see you all here. Now we just have to arrange for Dutch qualifying so we can tell you what team you will be facing :)

Mad-Ice
5th March 2009, 05:34 PM
This looks like an interesting race.:banzai I confirmed in my first post the data, but I do not see my name in the confirmed list?

Let the race begin.

SaturnReturn
5th March 2009, 06:08 PM
Mad-Ice - I was just waiting to confirm people for the specific time. Maybe you did and I missed it. Sorry if I did. Anyway, good to see you can make it :D

Mad-Ice
5th March 2009, 06:36 PM
No problem mate, now let's try to kick some french arse!:mr-t

kaori
5th March 2009, 07:06 PM
Team France players.
present (7) : pirhapac ; AkFurtif ; Asayyeah ; kanar ; Wotan998 ; ExpitariuS ; kingheim
50% (2) : leungbok, kaori714
absent (2) : chboing ; AKRO2
i wait answers of : Epsilon, Nyctalopian, spoon56, G-Superpilot, Samy_fr

I hope the flying dutchman can find 8 players.

SaturnReturn
5th March 2009, 10:15 PM
If it's confirmed for the 15th, we'll make a break here at avalon, in order to send Asa & Leungbok (depending on his train) into the backdraft. I'll be a substitute, recording the war from the bench. Or I'll eat your mines guys, depending on the attendance.

kanar - I'm trying to confirm something for the 8th. That way yeldar can play as he missed out last time. So did Mad-Ice

Team France - Please can someone confirm who is available specifically for Sunday 8th March @ 3pm GMT. Thanks.

To make this simple for now as it's a bit last minute - if we get a Dutch team of 4 and a French team of 4 then we can face off in a match the same style as we played against Team Nordic. That is all 16 tracks - weapons on. If we would like to play again another time for avalon style then that's cool too. But I'd rather stick with weapons on for now. Also, no-one has really expressed much opinion either way so I'm making the decision for you all. This way there is much more of a team aspect and I can also use my scoring spreadsheet from last time, which took me bloody ages to get right.

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 10:22 PM
i feel like such a trouble maker...
i'll be making up for it on the track, watch out frenchies ;)

kaori
5th March 2009, 10:37 PM
All, kaori has informed me that the French can play Sunday 8th march at 1600 GMT+1. I believe that's 3pm in English time.

OMG, no, I've just said you by PM "ok for the sunday", but I wanted say sunday 15th!!!

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 10:41 PM
cockfosterscockfosterscockfosterscockfosterscockfo sterscockfosterscockfosterscockfosterscockfosters

no worries, i'll keep my skills for a special occasion - it'll be like armageddon :lol

SaturnReturn
5th March 2009, 10:54 PM
OMG, no, I've just said you by PM "ok for the sunday", but I wanted say sunday 15th!!!

Ah, I see. When you made the comment about going to Disneyland Paris it made me think that you wanted it on the 8th. Oh the confusion. I blame that Mickey Mouse fella.
OK. Well, in that case we have 2 options:

1. Play on the 8th anyway. There are a lot of french players so maybe we can still do it? Let me know.

2. We can have a Flying Dutchmen only game on the 8th instead and postpone The Flying Dutchmen vs. Team France.

kaori - what would you prefer?

kaori
5th March 2009, 11:28 PM
This sunday (8th), we can do a 4 vs 4, 16 races, weapons on.
And the next, if you have 8 players, the big meeting, 16 races weapons, 16 races avalon.

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 11:34 PM
that'll do me nicely! mickey mouse's plans have been thwarted :lol

SaturnReturn
5th March 2009, 11:37 PM
Cool. That's great. So we're still on for this weekend for a "Phantom Fighter" tournament. Or Phantom Phyter if we wanna get all modern and start making up words just because it looks cool. Actually I quite like that "Phantom Phyter" thing.

Flying Dutchmen - Our team for Sunday will be Mad-Ice, yeldar2097, and the best 2 from a qualifier this saturday who are also available for the Sunday. 3rd best will be backup.

Dutch qualification match - Saturday 7th March @ 3.p.m GMT. 16 races, all tracks, weapons on.

Be there or be....somewhere less awesome.

yeldar2097
6th March 2009, 01:09 PM
just a quickie: are we planning on doing single races again in case of connection issues or are we just doing a straight tourney?

Asayyeah
6th March 2009, 01:30 PM
I ll be there for the sunday test match 4 vs 4 :)
and for the biggie at Kanar's place with Leungbok next weekend !

SaturnReturn
6th March 2009, 05:27 PM
just a quickie?

For the last time Yeldar - NO! I'm just not into you that much. It's not you it's me, etc etc. (Just kidding, it's totally you)

Back on topic I feel it necessary to once again suggest that we do single races in case of any connection losses.

Team France - Who out of the French will host the 8 reverse tracks? Please let me know once you have decided the team.

Dutchmen - Does any other Flying Dutchman want to host this time? I'm happy to do it again if I qualify but if anyone else wants to for any reason then it's all good with me.

Qualification - Will try to confirm more people tonight via various media.

yeldar2097
6th March 2009, 05:45 PM
thanks for that saturn, you've just single-handedly obliterated my self-esteem :(

if you don't qualify? haha! well if you don't then i reckon mad-ice is probably the best bet because his internet conection is probably the fastest. when i host ghosting is permanent (which i personally love but apparently others don't). the average connection speed in holland is obscene.
good luck with qualifying tomorrow :)

SaturnReturn
6th March 2009, 06:28 PM
Yeldar - no worries. Any time! Don't worry though, I'm sure someone will love you some day :p

As for qualifying - I've invited more people, DjManiac, cnmth, TearsToShreds, anderkovver, FrenkyV, R3BU5ER. So I could easily not qualify. That would suck as I wouldn't get to do vids or post results etc, not to mention missing out on racing France, but fair's fair.

We shall see. I'm a bit gutted as I could see on PSN that I just missed FrenkyV. Damn!

AnErare
6th March 2009, 06:35 PM
I'm in both saterday 7th and sunday 8th.

Weekend of the 14/15th I'm working the entire weekend :paperbag And it is far too late to get rid of that batch..

Oh well, that leaves an extra spot for a much better opponent against them bloody fast french fries :D

SaturnReturn
6th March 2009, 06:39 PM
AnErare - great. See you tomorrow then. Next time we'll need 8 players to achieve kaori's idea so the more the merrier probably. But if you can't make it then that's OK. I'll forgive you :D

AnErare
6th March 2009, 06:48 PM
I'm 100% sure next weekend is a no go for me.. :/

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 03:12 PM
Confirmation of team for The Flying Dutchmen to play Team France in the Phantom Fighter 16 race tournament on Sunday 8th March @ 1500 GMT:

Mad-Ice, yeldar2097, Luxoflux (a.k.a. jaller65), SaturnReturn.

1st reserve of awesomeness - AnErare

AnErare
7th March 2009, 03:19 PM
I'll be a proper backup by making sure I've got HD running and am waiting for messages should anything unduely happen.

This also brings up a question. If anything might happen during the races which disables one of our pilots, will we have the right to replace that pilot or is this not an option? Just a thought..

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 03:33 PM
I hadn't really thought that through. It would be reasonable as it's only a short session so having someone properly on standby wouldn't be too much to ask, specially as they could still be playing the game elsewhere at the same time. And it would be a bit unfair if a team went a man down due to a network error or something.

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 12:40 AM
Team France - Can you please confirm your 4 players and 1 standby for the match? Can you also confirm who will be a host for the 8 reverse tracks? We need to know so that the appropriate people are on each others's friends lists.

To confirm the setup for the match:

Races will be setup as friends only.

The event will be all 16 tracks once. I'll host the forward tracks first. Then someone from France can host the reverse tracks.

All points gained by all team members will count towards the final total of all tracks.

Races are to be hosted as single races in case of disconnection. No races should be restarted if a player loses connection, just wait for them to rejoin for the next race.

Races will be recorded buy at least one of us but please all keep track of individual scores as a backup.

Scores will be on the standard wipeout tournament scoring system, i.e. 8,6,5,4,3,2,1,0 points from 1st to 8th.

Only 1 ship is to be used for the entire event. No changing ships at any point. If anyone changes ship then only the points gained in the original ship before the change occurred will be counted.

Finally to confirm the time once more just to be sure:
Sunday 8th March @ 1500 GMT

kaori
8th March 2009, 05:05 AM
pirhapac, Asayyeah, kingheim, ExpitariuS (5th G-Superpilot)
I let you, good luck.

Mad-Ice
8th March 2009, 07:36 AM
Oeps, that is a very strong french team, except for Asa ;)

SaturnReturn, will you keep the total scores this time? And a question to everyone to keep your own score too. So if we miss some scores we can combine them.

Good luck to everyone, I think the Dutch definately need it.

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 10:54 AM
Mad-Ice, I will post scores when it's finished but everyone should make note of their own score in each race just in case something goes wrong with my camera.

That is indeed a very strong team. But that's good, because if we beat them then there'll be no excuses.

kaori, thanks for confirming. I shall add ExpitariuS, kingheim and G-Superpilot to my friends list. So shall I just host all 16 tracks then?

I'm really looking forward to this :D I'm so nervous already, hopefully a bit of adrenaline will help me play my best:rock

yeldar2097
8th March 2009, 11:59 AM
good team...but not good enough :P

adding friends now...

*bricks himself

KGB
8th March 2009, 12:01 PM
Oeps, that is a very strong french team, except for Asa ;)

Funny. :beer

I'm not into all this taking sides thing, it's childish and very shallow, but come on Dutchmen. ****ing slaughter them. :p

Asayyeah
8th March 2009, 02:57 PM
I am there and connected , hope it's not already started ...
Who will be the hoster?

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 03:08 PM
only 3 present for the french and mad-ice seems to have lost connection so we will start with 3vs 3 soon of it doens't change.

AnErare
8th March 2009, 03:29 PM
They are now racing 4vs3. After Mad reconnected there was some time with probably a discussion until they took off again..

I'm very curious about what's happened and why the french aren't full complement!

chboing
8th March 2009, 03:43 PM
i'm here ! .. if needed

AnErare
8th March 2009, 03:48 PM
You've chosen to mention that just a bit too late I'm afraid :P

chboing
8th March 2009, 03:54 PM
yeah well ... mad ice just msged me, i tried to join 2 minutes after but they were gone :)
too bad :p

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 04:44 PM
We got a 4v4 in the end. Elois-13 managed to join. I will post results once processed. It was pretty close. Very exciting!

AnErare
8th March 2009, 04:45 PM
So it became an ever bigger mess.. I hope the tournament was a feisty one! :D

yeldar2097
8th March 2009, 04:54 PM
well i'm considering never playing WO again, that just about sums it up for me.

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 04:54 PM
Whatever happens I think it may be decided by last second quakes that eliminated virtually everyone on the track half a lap from the finish. That was awesome.

We had a bit of a false start with the 3v3. I think that only lasted 4 races but I will post that after as well just for the sake of interest and completeness. We'll call it the warmup match.

AnErare
8th March 2009, 04:59 PM
Yeldar, I think that is too harsh. There probably is a perfectly reasonable explanation.. It sure shows everyone's tensed nerves ;P

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 05:05 PM
Teaser - At the end of the 1st quarter it France 59, Dutchmen 57.
Couldn't be much closer so far!:rock
EDIT:
At the end of the 2nd quarter it's France 108, Dutchmen 124.
Can the Flying Dutchmen hold on to the lead on the reverse tracks?
EDIT:
At the end of the 3rd quarter the French have narrowed the gap:
France 172, Dutchmen 176
Holy cow this is close
EDIT:
Going into the last race it's:
France 216, Dutchmen 213.
I seriously find adding up the scores as exciting as paying the game. Is that sad?

----------------

FINAL RESULTS ARE IN
TEAM FRANCE............................................ . THE FLYING DUTCHMEN
225 points............................................ ................................239 points

WINNERS

THE FLYING DUTCHMEN

Well done everyone. That was very close. Thanks to all for taking part. Thanks to standbys especially the 2 players who stood in for France as without you we wouldn't have had a game.
Thanks to AnErare for being there as stand in the whole time.

And a big wohoo to the Dutchmen on a fine victory.:rock:guitar:rock

Eloï
8th March 2009, 05:42 PM
Bravo to you all ;p
I think asayyeah quake on ubermall r messed up many points xD
Same thing happened on sebenco r but I don't know who launched this terrible quake...

It was great fun, I love this kind of wipeout + destruction derby races :d Thanks for inviting me to join.

will there be a revenge ? I hope so ;p

Wotan
8th March 2009, 05:45 PM
Ouch it was really very tight, 14 points of difference on 32 races is a small margin :eek . You made only weapons races ? I hope there will be a revenge and I could take part in it :)

And congratulations Flying Dutchmens, well done ;)

Mad-Ice
8th March 2009, 06:12 PM
What a mess on the tracks, total carnage sometimes! So many eliminations. I was only killed once and I took 3 frenchmen down!:rock

Every race was a big, big fight. If it wasn't the lag you were fighting it were the bombs, rockets and quakes.

Most cool moment for me was winning Sol2 and the first 4 places were for the Flying Dutchmen!

Congratulations Flying Dutchmen a close win but good enough:clap

Next time I would like to do tours of 4 races with weapons on and then the same tour with weapons off. What do you think guys?

Thanks for hosting and keeping scores SaturnReturn:)

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 06:18 PM
Detailed results can be found here as an image:
Results JPEG (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/SitarHero/1b9b3cfb.jpg?t=1236550939)

Or here on google docs (got a bit messed up):
Results webpage (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pz9hww3By3ThcGZM1_yjtUQ)

Mad-Ice, Wotan - Yes, kaori has suggested to try and arrange something with weapons and non weapons races where we each have 2 teams and each team plays both of the opposition teams once. We will have to try and arrange it more in advance and get more players on board though. Or we can just do half weapons and half non weapons. I really wanted to do all weapons this time though because it's what we did against the Nordics and it really makes it more of a team game I feel. If there are no weapons then it's just each man on his own trying to be as fast as he possibly can. No need to think about team mates.

But yes, there is enthusiasm all round for non weapons so we can try and arrange that and give the French a chance for revenge.

AnErare
8th March 2009, 06:23 PM
It seems you've misplaced Mad and Yeldar their places on overall scores, 62 2nd, 63 3rd.

Congratulations guys, I'm looking forward to a rematch :)

Special cheers to Kingheim for ending up with a staggering lead in total points!

Mad-Ice
8th March 2009, 06:33 PM
We are so close together with points. But what do you mean with weapons on and off in the record tables? I think you mean forward tracks and reverse tracks! We did not do weapons off races, or did I miss something?

Big thumbs up for the diagrams SaturnReturn, it looks so cool.

AnErare
8th March 2009, 06:35 PM
Saturn, you've left your sanity on the tracks ;P

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 06:41 PM
Oh dear. So much wrong. I will correct them after dinner. There are weapons on and off as I had used it before for the dutch match where that is what we did.

Mad-Ice
8th March 2009, 06:48 PM
Well, you let us win, so that's the good thing!:p

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 07:01 PM
I left my sanity on the tracks a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. I've updated the links. Please tell me they're fixed now. Please?

AnErare
8th March 2009, 07:09 PM
Yes they are.

Just a little mistake, I guess Mad can live with it ;) It shouldn't wipe your confidence :P

Zoth-Ommog
8th March 2009, 07:33 PM
The numbers say it all again, it had to be intense match between you guys! looking forward to see some videos ;) !

Congratulations to Dutchmen! I can tell by experience, that you are serious contenders to anyone.

And team france, great effort. You got very close! Maybe you'll get the next one ;)

Well done everyone! :clap

yeldar2097
8th March 2009, 07:37 PM
I was only killed once...

yeah i think that was me :brickwall
better a dutchman than a frenchy right? :beer

Saturn:i might be mistaken but i'm pretty sure i was 2nd on sol2 fwd, not that it actually matters (because we won :banzai :hyper).

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 07:50 PM
OMG. You won't believe this. But my screen says you were 3rd. The times for you and Luxoflux though were a dead heat down to 1/100th of a second. Madness!

Here's the first video. It's entirely self indulgent but you can consider it our victory lap or something along those lines.
Video of Dutch 1,2,3,4 on Sol2 Forward. (http://www.wegame.com/watch/The_Flying_Dutchmen_vs_Team_France_Race_8_Sol_2/)

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 08:37 PM
Sorry, double post. Please delete.

AnErare
8th March 2009, 09:03 PM
It's set on the right track, most aerial of all ;D Asa was probably barely blowing in your sails, the rest of you were well on the run ;)

kaori
8th March 2009, 09:54 PM
Congratulations Flying Dutchman. The next time, we won't play on Sol 2 :dizzy

I thanks Eloï to join our team at last moment. You are welcome in Team France.

Thanks SaturnReturn for the results' board.

OBH
8th March 2009, 10:25 PM
nicely done lads!! :g

winners vs team eng anyone? ;)

yeldar2097
8th March 2009, 10:31 PM
nooo, my announcer man said 2nd place. damn you mr announcer for lying to me! grrrr.
can i have 6 points anyway just so i can draw with luxoflux?

nah i'm only joking. good racing lads :banzai

Edit: just saw the updated version, i love you saturn :D
not in that way...

SaturnReturn
8th March 2009, 10:55 PM
Totally in that way. You knows it!

I updated it for 5.5 points each. I stated earlier that it would be the game's standard tournament scoring system, in which case a draw would give you both equal points I believe. However, I changed my mind. This is because I feel that there shouldn't be any benefit from 2 players of the same team drawing as they are not any better placed as a team relative to the opposite team. So I gave you both 5.5 points. I hope that makes sense. It's more of a note for future reference that anything else.

Well done to you and Luxoflux for being joint 2nd best. I mean joint second place :p
I on the other hand will have to buck my ideas up. Although I did break 4 of my race records today which ain't bad goin' for a day's work :D

kaori
8th March 2009, 11:02 PM
If the game gave 6 points to each player, you may keep this score.

kaori
9th March 2009, 08:03 PM
What happens for 15th march and the big 8 vs 8?
I hope flying dutchmen can be 8 players for this.
We've accepted to play yesterday for yeldar, but we want play sunday 15th too, with our best players.
leungbok have taken the last train ticket he could in order to participate.

AnErare
9th March 2009, 08:55 PM
I didn't know in time this could be taking place so I was too late in ridding me of my working shifts next weekend. But even without me we should be able to set up 2x4 for this. Otherwise there's always Avalon ;D

SaturnReturn
9th March 2009, 09:08 PM
kaori - The main reason I tried to do something quickly for the 8th was because we had 5 definites for that date but I think only 3 for the 15th and with all the other upcoming events I thought it would be harder to arrange after that.

But I have sent PMs to all Flying Dutchmen on PSN so am hoping we can get something going on. We will definitely do your idea. If it can't happen on the 15th then we can do it later. But I am trying my hardest to get enough players for the 15th. I know you want your revenge French stylee :guitar

kanar
9th March 2009, 09:15 PM
Of course the whole country is ready for revenge, march 15th. Wipeout week-end, 'til sunday 19h00 GMT (leungbok & asayyeah trains :?). we'll be ready to deploy, search & destroy. I hope the whole Arena family + our friend akfurtif will be around to rock the avalon, and win this match sunday!

yeldar2097
9th March 2009, 09:45 PM
well if i can't make it then hopefully djmaniac will make a guest appearance and show them frenchies how it's meant to be done ;)

kanar
9th March 2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah! DJmaniac! I love that! Can't wait to race you mate! Yeldar, you dutchman guru!, I hope you could join us for some races this week-end!

AnErare
9th March 2009, 10:54 PM
Before I didn't think I would be up for races like that yet, don't like to spoil by being too slow.. Now I know better than that it's too late and has become an entire weekend filled with wicked awesome races!

I'll be on the look-out for the next big event's weekend to know early enough..

SaturnReturn
10th March 2009, 12:28 AM
Guys, it looks like we'll struggle for 2 teams of 4. We only have 12 in our social group. Some of those aren't really Phantom racers, some unavailable and some busy and not really around right now. But we can easily do 4v4 again if you wanna try and take us on :p Maybe mix it up with some avalon stylee races? You up for that?

Mad-Ice - Any idea if DJManiac would be available for this on the 15th?

Mad-Ice
10th March 2009, 06:43 AM
I will call DjManiac today! Is it possible to do the races during the afternoon? Or what other time do you have in mind, guys?

kaori
10th March 2009, 07:12 PM
16.00 (GMT+1) is okay for us.

SaturnReturn
10th March 2009, 07:56 PM
I think that should be cool for most people.

kaori - what would you like the format to be?

Sugar_from_OTW
12th March 2009, 10:54 PM
can someone email me at my events news letter once you confirm? news.wpa at gmail dot com

SaturnReturn
13th March 2009, 12:11 AM
As far as I can gather this is the deal:

Sunday 15th March 1500 GMT/ 1600GMT+1

Team France vs. The Flying Dutchmen - The 2nd Pwning

The Flying Dutchmen
Mad-Ice:pirate, Luxoflux:banzai, SaturnReturn:rockyeldar2097:brickwall

Team France
Asayyeah:dizzy, pirhapac:robot, kingheim:cowboy, Wotan9988), AkFurtif:evil, leungbok:bomb

Format - Same again? Mix of avalon and weapons? French decide if they let me know before 9pm Saturday evening.

Oh, and thankyou for mentioning Leungbok's train ticket. The devotion he has shown has inspired yeldar to fork out for a taxi home especially to be there on this unmissable occasion. I tried to get more Dutch folks but we just don't have enough for 2 teams this time I'm afraid. Still not heard about DjManiac but if he wants in then he's got my place.

yeldar2097
13th March 2009, 01:25 AM
Still not heard about DjManiac but if he wants in then he's got my place.

considering you're doing all the admin for this (not to mention your awesome score-sheet+videos) it'd probably be more appropriate if he took my place instead of yours. it's only fair, all dutchmen being equal and that :)

kaori
13th March 2009, 07:29 AM
format : (GMT +1)
16.00 : Avalon normal tracks
16.30 : Weapons reverse tracks
17.00 : Weapons normal tracks
17.30 : Avalon reverse tracks

host 16.00-17.00 Flying Dutchmen
host 17.00-18.00 France

Players : Asayyeah, pirhapac, kingheim, Wotan998, AkFurtif, (leungbok)

We can change players in the tournament (because they are waiting this meeting for 2 weeks, I can't tell them : "you can't play!")

SaturnReturn
13th March 2009, 06:29 PM
considering you're doing all the admin for this (not to mention your awesome score-sheet+videos) it'd probably be more appropriate if he took my place instead of yours. It's only fair, all dutchmen being equal and that :)

Let's put this simply - I've had 2 races and you've had 1. Others have had none. We should share the fun around. As the French are swapping players in and out then there's no reason why we can't too if other Dutchmen want to play. I'll send a message to our latest recruit too.

kaori - sounds good. That's a mega session :D I can only apologise that we don't have more players available. How shall we keep track of the scores with players changing?

Calling all Flying Dutchmen - One last time guys. If you want to take part then sign up and join the fun. We'll work something out.

yeldar2097
13th March 2009, 07:42 PM
scorewise we could allocate each player a number or letter
i'm simple so i can't think of anything better...

i see your point saturn: new recruit ftw (never said that in my life but what the hell)
:D
count me in

kaori
14th March 2009, 11:50 PM
16.00 : Avalon normal tracks
Host : a Dutchman
France : Asayyeah, pirhapac, kingheim, AkFurtif, (Wotan988 )

16.30 : Weapons reverse tracks
Host : a Dutchman
France : Asayyeah, pirhapac, kingheim, Wotan998, (AkFurtif)

17.00 : Weapons normal tracks
Host : Asayyeah (with what ID?)
France : Asayyeah, kingheim, Wotan998, AkFurtif, (pirhapac)

17.30 : Avalon reverse tracks
Host : Asayyeah (with what ID?)
France : Asayyeah, pirhapac, Wotan998, AkFurtif, (kingheim)

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks kaori. Shall we specify that people should use the same ship for all races? Or 1 for avalon and 1 for weapons races? Or not? Up to you.

I'm looking forward to this. I've been practising especially for this match.

Dutchmen - who wants to be host? I can if you like or someone else can for a change if they want to.

Everyone - Please keep track of your own points in case anything goes wrong with video. There are a lot of races and it's possible that myself or yeldar might not get them all.

kaori
15th March 2009, 11:27 AM
OK for keeping same ship during the meeting, I'll send them a PM on PS3.

The french host is Asayyeah, but I don't know if he will play with kanar or leungbok ID!

:cold H-3.30 :cold

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm so freakin' nervous. You're team basically is the top 5 in the world (excluding wellington). But we'll give you a good fight.

So the times posted are GMT+1 right? So in GMT it all starts at 3pm, and GMT+1 it starts at 4pm. Awesome!

I should go and try to eat something now. Then I need to start setting up (camera, score sheet, balance all my chakras, the usual)

p.s. Connavar is now one of The Flying Dutchmen. He will be our backup today but is being all modest and will probably not play because he thinks he's not good enough. But if anything happens to one of us then he will step in so wil need to be on Asayyeah's list, which he probably already is anyway.

kaori
15th March 2009, 12:12 PM
yes GMT +1, we have the same time!

:cold H-2.45 :cold

Mad-Ice
15th March 2009, 01:33 PM
Okay guys, DjManiac is with us for the Flying Dutchmen. Shall I host for the Dutch, because I think Dj doesn't have all of us in his friendlist?

See you in 1,5 hour :banzai good luck to all.

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 01:52 PM
Cool. You host. I'll be on standby then. Let me know if I'm needed. I won't be able to score the match so you'll all have to take note of your won scores and then submit them on here and we'll add it all up.

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 02:13 PM
OK. Double post but it's to attract attention and confirm the last minute Dutch team.

Host:Mad-Ice

Team: Mad-Ice, Luxoflux (playing as jaller65), DjManiac21, yeldar2097. Standby - Connavar

Now that's one badass team.

kaori
15th March 2009, 02:18 PM
Our host will be Asayyeah with leungbok's ID!

:cold H-45mn :cold

Connavar
15th March 2009, 02:19 PM
Hi, yeah SaturnReturn, I have no problem playing but I don't play online as much
as you guys do, at least on Phantom, so I think I'll practice time trials and
races until I can do all of them without hitting a single wall, then I shall be
ready ;)
Should take me 2 weeks.

Also I've never played in a team so I need to do some sessions to avoid shooting
at my friends! I'd like to follow the whole process, starting with practice,
qualifications etc...

Hope you guys have fun, cya!

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 05:14 PM
Oh dear. I think we got spanked. The lag was horrific for me. Wasn't all that enjoyable really.

Still, well done France. I expect victory is yours and you are definitely the faster team on this occasion. :+ Looks like we have some serious training to do.

My points for forwards weapons were: 4, 2, 3, 6, 3, 1, 5, 4 = 28

For reverse avalon were: 1, 2, 2, 5, 4, 0, 4, 3 = 21

kaori
15th March 2009, 06:18 PM
The next time you should do a tournament, kingheim has said me he often started in the top 4, and pirhapac often started 6 or 8.

pirahpac
15th March 2009, 06:34 PM
yes first tournament for me : still 6 or 7 or 8 at the start..unlucky pac :frown:

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 06:42 PM
I think overall team positions are still fairly equal though in single races. If we do tournaments and someone drops out then the whole thing would be ruined. I've heard the similar positions are when the same people play a lot in the same ships etc. So maybe next time we should reselect the same ship everytime to try and prevent it happening.

Anyway, well done guys. Anyone got scores?

Mad-Ice
15th March 2009, 06:44 PM
I also think team French was the faster one this time, mostly because of Kingheim. Normally I do tournaments consisting of 4 races, next time I will do this again. The moment I was hosting and put up a race, everybody was already in. Big thumbs up to everyone!

DjManiac21 left because I think he thought it was done, too bad! We had to do some more tracks, eventhough, thanks for being there mate! Cool to race with you again.

SaturnReturn took his place, first I was looking for you Connavar, because you were back-up pilot. Unfortunately you were off-line.

When it was the turn for the French to host, it was unclear what was going to happen. It took a while for the French team was complete again. I experienced a lot of lag and ships just went through me, I think I lost every battle for racingline in Avalon. The moment a ship hits me, my ship goes 90 degrees left or right and there goes my race. Anyway, enough complaints!

Avalon
VK 0 points
AP 4
MO 6
CH 6

MT 3
SC 6
UM 4
S2 8
total 37

Weapons
VK 2
AP 5
MO 4
CH 3

MT 3
SC 4
UM 4
S2 4
total 29

Weapons
VK 2
AP 6
MO 2
CH 8

MT 6
SC 5
UM 8
S2 3
total 40

Avalon
VK 3
AP 6
MO 2
CH 1

MT 6
SC 3
UM 2
S2 5
total 28

total 134 points

Connavar
15th March 2009, 06:52 PM
Really sorry, I had left the PS3 on but it somehow got disconnected without me noticing :(
Next time I'll give you more ways to communicate with me, to avoid this problem.

Mad-Ice
15th March 2009, 06:56 PM
Okay Connavar, that is cool! So what is your adress, e-mail, phone number, creditcard numbers and pin-code?

kaori
15th March 2009, 07:03 PM
You should share with more people your creditcards number:P

yeldar2097
15th March 2009, 09:08 PM
i apologose to the dutchmen for being utter crap today, it wasn't my time to shine.
in the 2nd avalon i got respawned 6 times from dutchmen (i blame lag, not you guys, don't worry ;)) i also only started 1 race in first place during the ENTIRE match! wtf??
anyway, here are my scores:

tournament 1:
8 8 0 1 6 2 5 1 = 31

tournament 2:
6 4 8 4 4 2 8 6 = 42

tournament 3:
5 5 1 3 5 2 3 2 = 26

tournament 3:
5 5 1 2 0 2 1 1 = 17 (then i broke my controller)

total = 116

sorry dutchmen, looks like it's time for me to step down...

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 09:27 PM
Dude. Just cos we got beat don't mean we're beaten. Go fix that controller!

yeldar2097
15th March 2009, 09:30 PM
i think i'll stick to flower or KZ2, WO is too depressing for words

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 09:45 PM
True on this occasion. But when it goes right it's too awesome for words. The Team Nordic match we lost but that was still awesome fun. This one I think was just an anomoly. Plus the ass whooping we got didn't help :p

KGB
15th March 2009, 09:53 PM
I've been checking this for ages to see what the score was, i take it didn't go well for the Dutch. Never mind we all live to race again.

Yeldar, you are far too good to be thinking of hiding away, get back on the horse mate.

yeldar2097
15th March 2009, 09:58 PM
i'm scared of horses, their eyes freak me out a little.
i also blame starting about 20 races from 7/8th place.
maybe i'll boost all my tt/sl times and leave them as my legacy, who knows.
for now i'm hanging up my online AG-gloves

SaturnReturn
15th March 2009, 10:09 PM
Yeldar, you're such a drama queen. You say that every weekend. Then as soon as they let you out for another day you're back again. You know you love it too much to give up now.

KGB - I'm hoping one of the french guys got scores or maybe yeldar took photos of results. Yeldar? Of course if they don't submit scores then obviously we take the win by default because as far as we'll know they'll have zero:lol

yeldar2097
15th March 2009, 10:20 PM
i like drama, what can i say? it's why i watch cheesy teen drama series like OTH and gossip girl. yes i'm sad, i can deal with that :)
i'm also severely pissed off because the toilet next to my room at school is currently leaking water into my room and it smells/looks like ****.

no doubt i'll be playing WO next week, but i might take a break and get some serious sl/tt sessions in.

couldn't take photos, left my phone at school. i was anticipating the presence of the camera but my father decided to steal it...

kaori told the french to note their scores in the post on WA but i don't know if they actually did. i'll ask.

Wotan
16th March 2009, 07:42 AM
I also think we should do a tournament and if anybody freeze , we can restart the game without races we do before ;) .

My scores :

Tournament 2 :

4 2 2 1 5 6 5 5 = 30

Tournament 3 :

8 4 5 4 8 8 6 8 = 51

Tournament 4 :

4 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 = 60

kaori
16th March 2009, 07:47 AM
kingheim had 40 points in first tournament, 57 in second and 46 in third.

Mad-Ice
16th March 2009, 08:24 AM
Amazing scores Wotan! Big thumbs up! I thought Kingheim was even better, but luckely not, otherwise it would have been really bad for us!

Anyway, Luxoflux did have 85 points for the whole tour. Now we only need DjManiac's points to complete the Flying Dutchmen points.

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 11:08 AM
oh bloody hell we got crucified.

wotan?!?!?! can i have what you're drinking please? i need some :lol

as wotan said on arena: 928 points in total so over 464 is a win.

without djmaniac's score we need 80 points to reach 464. who knows, maybe we edged it...

Mad-Ice
19th March 2009, 06:30 PM
Hi all, do the french know all their points? Because, DjManiac did not respond yet! If the total points from the french team is known, we will know how many points Dj had and with how many points we lost or maybe even edged it? If we lost, I wanna know with how many points!

yeldar2097
19th March 2009, 10:03 PM
well apparently pihrapac didn't take note of his scores and nobody knows about akfurtif (going from what i've read on arena)
let's just call it a draw eh? :lol

leungbok
19th March 2009, 10:06 PM
(going from what i've read on arena)
Ouch ! a spy ;)

yeldar2097
19th March 2009, 10:13 PM
****, looks like i've been found out! :lol
am i correct in what i said leungbok? i don't know if anyone has found out from akfurtif so i might've been wrong...
i really should've taken videos/pictures... bugger
a draw is fine by me ;)

leungbok
19th March 2009, 10:29 PM
With Kanar and Asa we have noted some of the french results, we'll looks at some of the videos we made to complete that :)

Asayyeah
20th March 2009, 10:16 AM
A belated comment about that cool competition we had last sunday. Being at Kanar's place with Leungbok we tried to compete us 3 into the same ID but actually i started the 1st tourney and did few races on the avalon stuff then i let Christian finishing the races and the rest of the tours , i think i went over the edge of my addiction of HD : i simply couldn't race anymore : sore thumbs and too much HD over the weekend lol, my fightin spirit disapeared to let the place to the friendly spirit to be together into the same appartment.

In the future it would be really cool to have a tour and not single races linked like we did, i remember the 1st 8 races we did , i shared rank 7/8 into the grid with Pirahpac. At least with a tour if you misraced one you can start in good position on the next race which is more fair imo.

SaturnReturn
20th March 2009, 07:49 PM
There must be a way to prevent the grid slot thing, surely. I see it as the only downside to single races. I've played in ASTRAL a lot and disconnections have happened frequently. What then? You're out for the rest of the tour.

I guess there is another downside in that single races aren't as easy to score. But that really shouldn't cause problems if people put the effort in to record or write down race finishing positions.

But yes, if no-one gets disconnected then tours are better. As for restarting, I could see that being "pain in the arse"-ville.

leungbok
20th March 2009, 07:58 PM
If someone's disconnected from a tourny, it's always possible to restart a new tourny without the races already done ;)

SaturnReturn
20th March 2009, 08:20 PM
Yes, but if it happens again? And again? Hence why I suggested single races for the Team Nordic match. Doesn't matter. If I have a point it will be proven next time when tours are used. If not then not. :)