PDA

View Full Version : International Doubles

yeldar2097
26th February 2009, 06:27 PM
I. Ladder

The ladder will be a ranked listing of all the teams currently participating in International Doubles.

The ladder will list the following information for each team:

The team name
The team status (active or inactive)
The PSN names of each player on the team, along with their respective countries (e.g. Feisar31 )
The win/loss record of the team
The ranking score of the team

Each team will have the status of Active or Inactive. Only active teams may challenge or be challenged by other teams. Teams that do not play a match with another team for 2 months will be automatically changed to Inactive status. Inactive teams that do not play a match for 3 months will be automatically removed from the ladder.
Teams will be ranked on the ladder according to their ranking scores (or "ratings"). International Doubles uses an Elo rating system, like the one described on this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_ranks_and_ratings#Elo_Ratings_as_used_in_Go). Each team starts with 1500 points, and will be unranked until it has played 1 match. After each match, the ratings of the two participating teams will be updated according to this Ranking Calculator (http://www.animara.com/wohd/ranking.htm). The lowest possible rating for a team is 1000.
All match races will be at Phantom speed with weapons on. If there is enough interest, separate Flash/Rapier ladders may be created.

II. Challenges

Eligibility:

An active team may challenge any other active team on the ladder to a match, under two conditions. Team A may challenge Team B if:

Team B is within 500 rating points of Team A
AND
Team A has not played Team B before OR 2 months have passed since the last match between Team A and Team B.

Challenge Protocol:

All challenges should be coordinated through the WipeoutZone PM system. All messages about the challenge should be sent/copied to all members of both teams.
Challenges should be made at least 3 days in advance of the intended match.
Pay attention to the countries of the members of the team you're challenging (so you don't challenge someone to a match at 3:00 in the morning in their time zone). You can use the Time Zone Converter (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html) to help you figure out a good time.
Teams that have been challenged must give their response within 48 hours.
Teams may decline a challenge for any reason.

The challenge process is as follows:

1. Initial Challenge
To make it easier to distinguish messages related to International Doubles, challenges should be made with the subject line:
" Team A challenges Team B". The challenge message should contain:

The name of the challenging team (e.g. Team A)
The PSN name of the host (one of the members of Team A)
Proposal for the match format (8-FWD, 8-REV, 8-CUS, 12, or 16 races)
At least two possible times for the match, including dates and stated time zone.

2. Response
ONE member of Team B should reply with the following:

A statement indicating whether Team B accepts or declines the challenge.
If Team B accepts:
A confirmation of the match format (including track selections if necessary)
A confirmation of one of the offered times, or the suggestion of at least 2 alternate times

The reply message should quote the initial challenge message underneath. Obviously, more messages may be needed for both teams to agree upon a time. Once the match time has been agreed upon, we get to ...

3. Final Confirmation
ONE member of Team A replies, confirming one of the original times or one of Team B's suggested times. If necessary, the message should list the final track selection for the match (including Team A's choices). The previous messages should be quoted below. This message should be sent/copied to the International Doubles organizer(s) as well as the members of both teams. The organizer(s) can update a list of upcoming scheduled matches.

[u]III. Matches

Matches consist of one or two tournaments at Phantom speed with weapons on. The winner of the match will be determined by summing all the points earned by the players from each team: the team with the most points at the end of the tournament(s) wins the match. Matches may be 8, 12, or 16 races. (Each match counts the same amount towards a team's ranking--the number of races is simply a matter of preference.) The match options are:

8-race Forward: One tournament of all Forward tracks, raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2.
8-race Reverse: One tournament of all Reverse tracks, raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2.
8-race Custom: The challenged team (Team B) selects 4 tracks in its response message. Then the challenging team (Team A) selects the remaining 4 tracks in its final confirmation message, such that each track is represented by one version. (If Team B chooses Metropia Reverse, Team A cannot choose Metropia Forward.) The races are played in one tournament in the order they were listed, with Team B's tracks first and Team A's tracks second.
12-race: The challenged team (Team B) selects 6 tracks in its response message. Then the challenging team (Team A) selects the remaining 6 tracks in its final confirmation message; Team A may choose any track version not chosen by Team B. (If Team B chooses Metropia Reverse, Team A can choose Metropia Forward.) The races are played in one tournament in the order they were listed, with Team B's tracks first and Team A's tracks second.
16-race: One tournament of all Forward tracks followed by one tournament of all Reverse tracks, each raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2.

Match Protocol:

Prior to the match, members of the challenged team (Team B) should ensure that they are PSN friends of the host (one player from Team A).
A member from each team should login to WipeoutZone on the day of the match in case the other team needs to cancel.
The match host (from Team A) should start a Friends-only, 4-player room at least 5 minutes before the agreed match time. If both players from the challenged team (Team B) have not joined the game within 15 minutes of the scheduled match time (or they have not communicated their cancellation to Team A), the match is forfeited by Team B.
When all players have joined, the host should begin with one single race to ensure that there are no connection issues for any of the players.
After the single race, the host should set up the tournament agreed upon beforehand. Then all players should indicate they are ready for the match to begin by "flashing" their ships--going to the ship selection screen and choosing their ship again. The host should be the first player the "flash" his or her ship; then the 2nd player listed on the lobby screen should go, and then the 3rd player, and then the last. During this time the host should make sure the tournament does not start automatically due to the timer. Once all 4 players are ready, the host may start the match.
For 16-race matches, a 5 minute break should be taken between the first and second tournaments. The same system of flashing ships should be used to start the second tournament.
At the end of the tournament(s), a player from each team should take a clear photo of the tournament results screen. These images must be sent to the International Doubles organizer(s) within 24 hours of the match. If only one team submits their images, the result of the match will be determined from those images. (* [i]Since most if not all members of this forum are trustworthy, I don't think it would be a problem if the two teams agreed upon just one photo taker beforehand.) If no images are submitted, no result will be recorded.
In the case of a tie after the normal number of races, an 8-race tournament (all Forward tracks) should be held immediately to determine the match winner.
When the match is over, Team B's players should feel free to remove themselves as PSN friends from the host (so as not to accumulate a ton of friends).

Network Trouble:

If a player disconnects/is disconnected during the match, the tournament should be stopped and restarted immediately, if the player is able to rejoin. The host may be switched to Team A's other player if that might help.
If the disconnected player cannot rejoin, or if he or she becomes disconnected again, the match should be rescheduled.
Each team should notify the International Doubles organizer(s) of any match cancellations or postponements, so that they can keep an updated list of scheduled matches.
If the same team has disconnections during the rescheduled match, that team forfeits the match, receiving a loss. The other team is awarded a win.

Pairs:
kgb1971 + feisar31 --- Voodoo Rage
Soccermums + OLOuk
yeldar2097 + Asayyeah --- Asayyeldar
GTP_Rorschach + JJohnEames
EPSILON + Nyctalopian
TarotCardKiller + SaturnReturn
Kigo1987 + djKyoto
Wotan998 + Luxoflux
Zoth-Ommog + JJPAP ---Enthropic Decay
kaori714 + leungbok ---AG-Rapides
Greenix + andybob35 ---green sponge ninja's
Chboing + Elois-13
AnErare + Wellington86
eLhabib + Amorbis
designer_79 + Blackwiggle
subtotal + mr-rico84

Spares:

DrMannevond
Chaos80
Connavar

TRIAL SESSION SATURDAY 21st MARCH 1200GMT

PM me or post here if you can make it
so far:
JJohnEames
GTP_Rorschach
yeldar2097 (saturday)
Amorbis
anyone else?

AnErare
26th February 2009, 07:56 PM
I think it's a great idea!

Racing multiplayer is already neat, racing in "big" teams is awesome. But racing in 4 teams sounds pretty wicked :)

In light of the WC and everything surrounding it this should be ample opportunity to really train in paired multiplayer racing. And advance everyone even remotely interested into progressing their overall tactics. To me that is a nice prospect in itself.

It could also prove to be even more fantastic than 2 teams fighting in a filled out field ;) Count me in anyway!

SaturnReturn
26th February 2009, 08:13 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly the kind of thing I want to try out. Thanks for picking up on the idea. Now go run with it and I look forward to taking part :D

yeldar2097
26th February 2009, 08:36 PM
thanks for the feedback.

that said, i wonder if it's just a coincidence that only flying dutchmen have commented.
are we the only people on my wavelength or is the title just confusing people?

completely multinational was what i was going for but us flying dutchmen can have all the fun if nobody else wants to ;)

thank YOU saturn for inspiring the idea :)

it doesn't really have to be a tournament as such, it could just be arranged on the fly.
OR
we could have a doubles league table of some sort....

AnErare
26th February 2009, 08:47 PM
I have no idea what double dutch means!

I reckon us dutchgirls suddenly are just way into the team spirit :)

SaturnReturn
26th February 2009, 08:56 PM
Hehe. Yeah, maybe taking the dutch part out of the title would be a wise idea. I think given that there's a flying dutchmen thread and a flying dutchmen vs. team nordic thread already, people might think we're trying to take over or something.

AnErare
26th February 2009, 09:10 PM
Apart from the taking-over-deal, which is absolutely true, people should also be prepared we are really digging the vibe and are pretty dangerous ;)

yeldar2097
26th February 2009, 09:18 PM
ok well if a mod sees this could they please change the title to "International Doubles" or something along those lines.
(that doesn't mean we aren't still trying to take over ;))

Sugar_from_OTW
26th February 2009, 10:19 PM
can you link connavars site?

sounds like a good idea. I'm putting this in the news.wpa newsletter.

OBH
28th February 2009, 11:37 AM
i like the sound of this one

Amorbis
28th February 2009, 12:50 PM
I'd be interested in participating. I like the idea of having two teams versus another two teams, maybe even four teams of two! It would be quite hard to stop yourself from eliminating your team mate :P.

KGB
28th February 2009, 01:27 PM
count me in, sounds like a good idea to me as well. :P

yeldar2097
28th February 2009, 03:04 PM
kula shaker, good to see some positive feedback :)
what do you guys reckon is best: doing it like a league/cup OR just arranging a couple of matches on the fly?

considering there don't seem to be that many people interested (god knows why), i reckon it would be simpler to just arrange matches whenever (either with or without fixed pairs), and then if more people join in then we could sort out some kind of competition...

:)

SaturnReturn
28th February 2009, 03:55 PM
I reckon give a couple of matches a try. Then post videos and results to get more interest, then start maybe a mini league, then if the league goes well have a mini knock out tournament....or something. It's not like I've thought about it much or anything :p

yeldar2097
2nd March 2009, 10:26 AM
groove armada.
all we need now is some dates...

seeing as you haven't thought about it at all saturn, you could always organise proceedings, you're dead good at that sort of thing ;)

anyone got any ideas who they want to go with? or should we just test the water first and have random pairings?

archman
2nd March 2009, 11:50 AM
Interesting idea. If someone is in for Pulse, I'm willing to host. ;)

Actually, this is awesome idea. Can I buy the license? ;););)
You thought about making a Group?

OBH
2nd March 2009, 12:12 PM
Me and Amorbis are all set to take on the world :banzai

Asayyeah
2nd March 2009, 12:15 PM
I am interested in your great idea ! my own problem is just a matter of finding time to let me play online with you guys. I know ill be at home for 3 weeks in April ( working the day but free at night ) so i bet i ll be more often online.
Count me in for April

yeldar2097
2nd March 2009, 01:04 PM
ok asa, good stuff :+
any idea who you want to race with?

congrats haydn, you and amorbis are the first pair off the mark. now we just need to find someone to humble you ;)

OLOuk
2nd March 2009, 01:26 PM
Sounds good to me, count me in. If someone need team mate just let me know... :banzai

Wotan
2nd March 2009, 01:27 PM
Count on me yeldar ;).
However I'm alone for now , so i'm searching a team-mate who wants to create a little team with a young french man ^^

Luxoflux
2nd March 2009, 01:32 PM
awesome idea, count me in :) I wouldnt mind teaming up with Wotan ;)

OBH
2nd March 2009, 02:52 PM
Dutch and French together as one? What an unholy concoction that is :g

JJPAP
2nd March 2009, 04:08 PM
Good idea, Yeldar :+. There´s something about these team-matches.
I´m checking in :D.

yeldar2097
2nd March 2009, 04:52 PM
holland + france makes for a lethal combo methinks.

we have 10 people interested so far so we can at least have a couple of tests sometime soon.

anyone who wants to pair up with someone who hasn't posted in this thread and/or isn't a member of WZ just let me know ;)

archman
2nd March 2009, 05:47 PM
OK, guys, if someone wants to try this on Pulse, PM me, and we'll see.
Maybe this friday and saturday?

SaturnReturn
2nd March 2009, 06:14 PM
awesome idea, count me in :) I wouldnt mind teaming up with Wotan ;)

I'm sure everyone would think the same. SHOTGUN WOTAN!!! Does that count or are there crazy rules just like shotgunning the front passenger seat of the car - like, you have to touch the car when you say it, or you have to be able to see the car?

Anyway, I think it'd be cool to make it as even as possible. Maybe Yeldar's idea of using Connavar's site would be good if we were gonna do a tourney. I would proudly pair up with Yeldar, as long as he has some warm up time before we start ;) So for the sake of testing the water, if you'll have me then that's another pair.

seeing as you haven't thought about it at all saturn, you could always organise proceedings, you're dead good at that sort of thing ;)

Nah, that's cool. I'll let you organise it as I'm trying to sort the match against France out right now, but....

Actually, this is awesome idea. Can I buy the license? ;););)
You thought about making a Group?

...if there be any money making from this then don't forget where the inspiration came from (we can arrange commision later :p)

archman
2nd March 2009, 06:41 PM
...if there be any money making from this then don't forget where the inspiration came from (we can arrange commision later :p)

;) :d

kaori
2nd March 2009, 07:09 PM
Good idea, we have played like this with leungbok, Epsilon, Nyctalopian & others french guys, it's a good way to race.

Luxoflux
2nd March 2009, 07:18 PM
I was just trying too make things easier. but if you two want to create the teams thats fine too. its your call

yeldar2097
2nd March 2009, 07:22 PM
I would proudly pair up with Yeldar, as long as he has some warm up time before we start ;) So for the sake of testing the water, if you'll have me then that's another pair.

well at least someone will have me :). too right, last sunday was embarassing until a couple of hours in...

does racing with me not count as payment then? ;)

@kaori: cool, would you guys be interested in joining in? you're more than welcome :)

@Luxoflux: for the moment i think it would be fine to have you two as a pair, my superior tactics will be the downfall of you all! has wotan agreed yet (just so i can update the thread)

kaori
2nd March 2009, 07:28 PM
Yes of course you can count on us

yeldar2097
2nd March 2009, 07:58 PM
cool :+
so there's you, leungbok, epsi/nyctalopian (;))
anyone else??

Amorbis
2nd March 2009, 10:04 PM
I think it's already been covered earlier in the thread, but I'd like to confirm my status as Osama-bin-haydn's multiplayer partner. I look forward to the doubles games, team based racing will be extreme!

Now all we need is edgy/witty team names. Too bad I'm not witty enough to think of anything original :|.

archman
2nd March 2009, 10:15 PM
Damn I gotta steal a PS3!

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 09:16 AM
@Amorbis: yeah you're already set to be paired with o-b-h

anyone else thought of who they're planning to go with yet?

Asayyeah
3rd March 2009, 09:29 AM
Dutch / french alliance Yeldar ? if you ok we can be paired you & I
:P

Zoth-Ommog
3rd March 2009, 09:40 AM
Spare me a piece of this!

OBH
3rd March 2009, 09:55 AM
Now all we need is edgy/witty team names. Too bad I'm not witty enough to think of anything original :|.

My votes either "Someoneone better slap me", or "Thats right, I slept with your mum". :g Thats some fear instilling names right there! :D

chboing
3rd March 2009, 12:29 PM
/me wants to be a part of this too :)

yay ! 2 on 2 is fun !!

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 01:49 PM
groove armada, another pilot joins the fray.

how about "you've been hayd 'n' Amorbis"
too convoluted? yeah i htought so too. i really need to work on those...;)

any idea who you want to go with chboing?

KGB
3rd March 2009, 04:08 PM
Two questions.

When are we going to do this? weekends, weekdays, afternoons or nights?

Secondly, which poor sod is going to partner me? I'm racing like a pile of ****e at the moment. :paperbag

I think I am going to get hammered tonight in this Astral thing. :(:lol

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 04:15 PM
well people can test it out whenever really, just arrange a matchup or something
once (because it will) it picks up a bit of steam we can create a league or do some sort of tournament or something along those lines.

i'm only really available on sundays but i have loong school holidays. shouldn't disturb procedings too much, just have matches whenever people are free.

i'd gladly race with you but i've got two people gunning for me already (i feel so special:D).
or we could just put you in the 'dross' pile for now;)

go get em KGB!!! you can do it!!

KGB
3rd March 2009, 04:19 PM
hmmm! What happens in the dross pile?

Sounds my kind of thing. :lol

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 04:22 PM
to all intents and purposes it's like getting pooled by oxford/cambridge.
we'll just pick these teams out of a hat or something.
my advice: kick some serious a*se in ASTRAL and people will come running :D

KGB
3rd March 2009, 04:29 PM
Not in the group I'm in I won't. I could do some serious damage to the other group though;)

Yeah, I'll try and prostitute myself tonight Yeldar. Good idea mate. :P

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 05:02 PM
well just in case (not that it would ever happen) you make a fool of yourself you could try asking someone before your reputation goes through the floor :+

catch my drift?

besides, people know how good you are so it doesn't matter.
99% of the time i race like a blind person without a PS3. still been asked by two top racers despite this fact :)

archman
3rd March 2009, 05:14 PM
...well people can test it out whenever really, just arrange a matchup or something
once (because it will) it picks up a bit of steam we can create a league or do some sort of tournament or something along those lines...

Once again, I'm doing a test night on Friday or Saturday (or both) on the PSP, so anyone interested, PM me please ;)

KGB
3rd March 2009, 05:16 PM
Well I have PM'd chiryu007 and Haxorger, neither have replied yet. Bastards! :frown:

archman
3rd March 2009, 05:22 PM
Haxorger??!? He's banned.

He playing HD?

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 05:33 PM
i'm sure chiryu007 would be glad to help ;)

SaturnReturn
3rd March 2009, 05:40 PM
yeldar2097 + SaturnReturn ??
yeldar2097 + Asayyeah ??
(depends who i like more ;))

:frown::frown:Breakin' my fragile little heart over here.

TarotCardKiller
3rd March 2009, 05:41 PM
I need to get in on this...

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 06:02 PM
cool, i'll add you to the list TCK

well i just thought i'd keep my options open ;) also i didn't want to make asa cry because i said no; we all know how awesome i am :D
actually i never predicted being asked by anyone at all, let alone two of the 'big boys'. i was most shocked...
also i thought mixing it up a bit might add a bit of variety to things (seeing as we're teammates anyway ;)).
that said, you did ask first so prority goes to you.
we'll sort out the teams in due course

SaturnReturn
3rd March 2009, 06:19 PM
Fair enough then. Maybe a mixed up international flavour would be cool. Make some new bonds with members of other teams. Could be good.

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 06:24 PM
(and then we can gather info on their racing style in order to beat them 'a la dutch')
god i'm sneaky...

maybe i should have put in a clause to do with not going with someone from the same country...
ah well, we'll see how it pans out.

GTP_Rorschach
3rd March 2009, 06:50 PM
This sounds super, I'm in :D

OLOuk
3rd March 2009, 06:51 PM
Me and Soccermom will be another team... count as in mate!

archman
3rd March 2009, 06:52 PM
Guys, anyone thought up some scoring system?

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 07:34 PM
erm....that'd probably be a good thing to sort out.
could we not just use the in-game scoring system?

archman
3rd March 2009, 07:57 PM
Ok, well, I'm talking about HD AND Pulse also, but...does HD has some team option or do you want to sum the points of each team member and compare them with another teams points?

Actually, the sum is the simplest idea, and it's good :)

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 08:03 PM
no, HD doesn't have a team option (yet...)
i think just adding the points up is the easiest way of doing it

archman
3rd March 2009, 08:41 PM
Sure, the less philosophy, the better. ;)

Soccermom
3rd March 2009, 10:35 PM
Me and Soccermom will be another team... count as in mate!

YES WE ARE :banzai:banzai:banzai
Looking forward to fun team matches :P

SaturnReturn
3rd March 2009, 10:40 PM
Maybe we should set a date then confirm people? Then see who we can put into teams.

In the long term we could maybe make it a regular Sunday event or something. I'd really like to do something that was a regular event. That way after a while it would take less planning - hopefully.

djKyoto
3rd March 2009, 11:10 PM
Me and Kigo would probably been keen for this.

2v2 would be fun.

KGB
3rd March 2009, 11:25 PM
chiryu007 says I'm a noob and feeble, so it's a no from him. :lol

I have to agree. :paperbag

yeldar2097
3rd March 2009, 11:32 PM
i'll just give you some 1-on-1's, they'll make you feel lots better.

got anyone else in mind?

KGB
3rd March 2009, 11:46 PM
LOL, not at the moment mate.

I have calmed down sufficiently now to go to bed I am up at 5am for work.

I'll be replaying Moa Therma in my head all night if I don't watch it.

Put me firmly in the Dross pile please:lol

JJohnEames
4th March 2009, 12:37 AM
sounds great, ill pair up with gtp, this site is great,cant believe i only found it

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 01:05 AM
ah so you've found us at last. why not make an intro in the pilots lounge, i'm sure plenty of us will recognise you ;)

@kgb: well i'm not available either so no worries.
up for a 1o1 someday though? trust me, you'll feel better afterwards.
dross pile it is ;)

EPSILON
4th March 2009, 11:48 AM
Hi everybody ^^

I announce the creation of a new team :banzai

Nyctalopian + EPSILON

Is it ok Yeldar ? ;)

KGB
4th March 2009, 02:06 PM
Yeldar, I have found someone daft enou.. Sorry!!! Cool enough to be my partner in crime.

Feisar31 & KGB1971.

Befriending a world superpower is always a good idea. More Americans should do it. :lol

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 02:18 PM
good to hear kgb! i never knew that sympathetic wipers existed ;)

i'll add you to the list. nickname?

KGB
4th March 2009, 02:34 PM
We haven't got that far yet, but I'm thinking "Yeldar2097-2009 RIP" :lol

What do you think? :P

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 02:48 PM
well i can't say i'm too fond of it. it's also inaccurate ;)

KGB
4th March 2009, 02:52 PM
It won't be. :lol

(Is this turning into a two way conversation thread, We should maybe start insulting each other privately)

archman
4th March 2009, 03:05 PM
Geez, this thread is super popular :)

OBH
4th March 2009, 05:40 PM
We haven't got that far yet, but I'm thinking "Yeldar2097-2009 RIP" :lol

What do you think? :P

them fighting words! :g

should also say "Amorbis & OBH Champions. Farewell yeldar"! :beer

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 05:44 PM
i'm feeling quite a bit of hatred at the moment.
don't you worry, i'll rise to the occasion, you're all going down, big time :)

do any of the people without partners have any idea who they want to go with yet?
just so we can get things moving

SaturnReturn
4th March 2009, 05:49 PM
Sorry to be all dull and whatnot. But do we have a date yet? And a time? I'd hate for people to get into teams only to find they couldn't both be there at the same time.

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 05:56 PM
yeah true. i can't do a test run this weekend (due to the match (i hope)) but i could get someone else to host it i suppose.

weekends the best time you reckon? i'm free for a month after 22/03/09 so i can host whenever.

also, do we want avalon style or just normal weapons on races? personally i think weapons on works best because it makes it more of a team effort.

whaddya think?

SaturnReturn
4th March 2009, 06:03 PM
I think the main aspect of team games is trying not to hit team meates with weapons. So yeah, weapons on would be cool.

I'm torn between 2v2 and 2v2v2v2. We should definitely try both.

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 06:09 PM
with regards 2v2, 2v2v2 and 2v2v2v2 i think they're all awesome so we'll just have to do all of them :D

TRIAL SESSION SATURDAY 21st MARCH 1200GMT
let me know if you (and your partner) are available for that date/time.

if loads of people aren't available then i'll find a different day OR arrange more than one trial :+

Feisar31
4th March 2009, 07:04 PM
I think 2v2 would be the way to go. It will be easier to organize 4 people rather than 8. Maybe 2v2v2v2 could be used for special tournaments or something.

This is just a suggestion, but instead of a normal league sort of thing, why not do this like a clan ladder system? That is, we put up a list of the teams, and then each team challenges one of the others, sets up the match among themselves, and then both teams report back with the result. Of course you can challenge more than one team at a time if you wish. This way would be nice and flexible, and we could also get started more quickly. :g

KGB
4th March 2009, 07:50 PM
That's my team mate Feisar there ^^. Wise words mate. :lol

Got to say before it gets too late, Weapons on. It will be more fun with weapons as then anything can happen. If we go down the Avalon avenue it will become more of a procession, where the best your team mate could do for you is to try and ram the other team.

Also I would like to make a stand for the 2v2 at first.The times that i have played with 4 people of the same skills, it has been some of the best races i have had, enjoyment wise anyway. Also very little lag in small numbers.

Not sure if that time is good for my American brother though, that's got to be 7am at the very least.

Great Idea this Yeldar :+

yeldar2097
4th March 2009, 08:04 PM
I think 2v2 would be the way to go. It will be easier to organize 4 people rather than 8. Maybe 2v2v2v2 could be used for special tournaments or something.

This is just a suggestion, but instead of a normal league sort of thing, why not do this like a clan ladder system? That is, we put up a list of the teams, and then each team challenges one of the others, sets up the match among themselves, and then both teams report back with the result. Of course you can challenge more than one team at a time if you wish. This way would be nice and flexible, and we could also get started more quickly. :g

can we pretend i just said all of that? ;)

everybody follow Feisar31!

we'll see what everyone else thinks but this seems like a good place to start :D

@KGB: fair enough. 1300? later than that?

Ally
4th March 2009, 08:17 PM
I'd love to get involved in this, but I'm a dedicated Rapier pilot and I'm thinking this'll be strictly Phantom - true?

KGB
4th March 2009, 08:23 PM
There are two conversations going on here Yeldar ;) Where are you going to pop up next.

Not sure where Feisar is located in America, he could be over on the west coast which would be even worse for him.

Not to worry, go for which ever time you want, we will sort something out later.

JJPAP
4th March 2009, 09:02 PM
Zoth-Ommog and I will team up for the doubles.
For a start, I think it would be best to start out the simple way: 2 vs. 2. If it´s a succes it can be expanded later on.

TarotCardKiller
4th March 2009, 09:59 PM
I've been having a hard time finding out how to convert CST to the 2100 GMT on March 21st to find out when it actually begins and to find out when the internationals play. I goolged it but found there are GMT+(different numbers). I wonder if anyone understands this dilemma and hopes someone can help.

(the wording is confusing i know)

SaturnReturn
4th March 2009, 10:11 PM
TCK. Sorry if i said 2100 GMT. It's 1200GMT Yeldar's suggesting. I think that's 6am for you. So not great.

Feisar31
5th March 2009, 01:11 AM

RULES FOR INTERNATIONAL DOUBLES LADDER - ROUGH DRAFT

I. Ladder

The ladder will be a ranked listing of all the teams currently participating in International Doubles.

The ladder will list the following information for each team:

The team name
The team status (active or inactive)
The PSN names of each player on the team, along with their respective countries (e.g. Feisar31 )
The win/loss record of the team
The ranking score of the team

Each team will have the status of Active or Inactive. Only active teams may challenge or be challenged by other teams. Teams that do not play a match with another team for 2 months will be automatically changed to Inactive status. Inactive teams that do not play a match for 3 months will be automatically removed from the ladder.
Teams will be ranked on the ladder according to their ranking scores (or "ratings"). International Doubles uses an Elo rating system, like the one described on this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_ranks_and_ratings#Elo_Ratings_as_used_in_Go). Each team starts with 1500 points, and will be unranked until it has played 1 match. After each match, the ratings of the two participating teams will be updated according to this Ranking Calculator (http://www.animara.com/wohd/ranking.htm). The lowest possible rating for a team is 1000.
All match races will be at Phantom speed with weapons on. If there is enough interest, separate Flash/Rapier ladders may be created.

II. Challenges

Eligibility:

An active team may challenge any other active team on the ladder to a match, under two conditions. Team A may challenge Team B if:

Team B is within 500 rating points of Team A
AND
Team A has not played Team B before OR 2 months have passed since the last match between Team A and Team B.

Challenge Protocol:

All challenges should be coordinated through the WipeoutZone PM system. All messages about the challenge should be sent/copied to all members of both teams.
Challenges should be made at least 3 days in advance of the intended match.
Pay attention to the countries of the members of the team you're challenging (so you don't challenge someone to a match at 3:00 in the morning in their time zone). You can use the Time Zone Converter (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html) to help you figure out a good time.
Teams that have been challenged must give their response within 48 hours.
Teams may decline a challenge for any reason.

The challenge process is as follows:

1. Initial Challenge
To make it easier to distinguish messages related to International Doubles, challenges should be made with the subject line:
" Team A challenges Team B". The challenge message should contain:

The name of the challenging team (e.g. Team A)
The PSN name of the host (one of the members of Team A)
Proposal for the match format (8-FWD, 8-REV, 8-CUS, 12, or 16 races)
At least two possible times for the match, including dates and stated time zone.

2. Response
ONE member of Team B should reply with the following:

A statement indicating whether Team B accepts or declines the challenge.
If Team B accepts:
A confirmation of the match format (including track selections if necessary)
A confirmation of one of the offered times, or the suggestion of at least 2 alternate times

The reply message should quote the initial challenge message underneath. Obviously, more messages may be needed for both teams to agree upon a time. Once the match time has been agreed upon, we get to ...

3. Final Confirmation
ONE member of Team A replies, confirming one of the original times or one of Team B's suggested times. If necessary, the message should list the final track selection for the match (including Team A's choices). The previous messages should be quoted below. This message should be sent/copied to the International Doubles organizer(s) as well as the members of both teams. The organizer(s) can update a list of upcoming scheduled matches.

[u]III. Matches

Matches consist of one or two tournaments at Phantom speed with weapons on. The winner of the match will be determined by summing all the points earned by the players from each team: the team with the most points at the end of the tournament(s) wins the match. Matches may be 8, 12, or 16 races. (Each match counts the same amount towards a team's ranking--the number of races is simply a matter of preference.) The match options are:

8-race Forward: One tournament of all Forward tracks, raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2.
8-race Reverse: One tournament of all Reverse tracks, raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2.
8-race Custom: The challenged team (Team B) selects 4 tracks in its response message. Then the challenging team (Team A) selects the remaining 4 tracks in its final confirmation message, such that each track is represented by one version. (If Team B chooses Metropia Reverse, Team A cannot choose Metropia Forward.) The races are played in one tournament in the order they were listed, with Team B's tracks first and Team A's tracks second.
12-race: The challenged team (Team B) selects 6 tracks in its response message. Then the challenging team (Team A) selects the remaining 6 tracks in its final confirmation message; Team A may choose any track version not chosen by Team B. (If Team B chooses Metropia Reverse, Team A can choose Metropia Forward.) The races are played in one tournament in the order they were listed, with Team B's tracks first and Team A's tracks second.
16-race: One tournament of all Forward tracks followed by one tournament of all Reverse tracks, each raced in order from Vineta K to Sol 2.

Match Protocol:

Prior to the match, members of the challenged team (Team B) should ensure that they are PSN friends of the host (one player from Team A).
A member from each team should login to WipeoutZone on the day of the match in case the other team needs to cancel.
The match host (from Team A) should start a Friends-only, 4-player room at least 5 minutes before the agreed match time. If both players from the challenged team (Team B) have not joined the game within 15 minutes of the scheduled match time (or they have not communicated their cancellation to Team A), the match is forfeited by Team B.
When all players have joined, the host should begin with one single race to ensure that there are no connection issues for any of the players.
After the single race, the host should set up the tournament agreed upon beforehand. Then all players should indicate they are ready for the match to begin by "flashing" their ships--going to the ship selection screen and choosing their ship again. The host should be the first player the "flash" his or her ship; then the 2nd player listed on the lobby screen should go, and then the 3rd player, and then the last. During this time the host should make sure the tournament does not start automatically due to the timer. Once all 4 players are ready, the host may start the match.
For 16-race matches, a 5 minute break should be taken between the first and second tournaments. The same system of flashing ships should be used to start the second tournament.
At the end of the tournament(s), a player from each team should take a clear photo of the tournament results screen. These images must be sent to the International Doubles organizer(s) within 24 hours of the match. If only one team submits their images, the result of the match will be determined from those images. (* [i]Since most if not all members of this forum are trustworthy, I don't think it would be a problem if the two teams agreed upon just one photo taker beforehand.) If no images are submitted, no result will be recorded.
In the case of a tie after the normal number of races, an 8-race tournament (all Forward tracks) should be held immediately to determine the match winner.
When the match is over, Team B's players should feel free to remove themselves as PSN friends from the host (so as not to accumulate a ton of friends).

Network Trouble:

If a player disconnects/is disconnected during the match, the tournament should be stopped and restarted immediately, if the player is able to rejoin. The host may be switched to Team A's other player if that might help.
If the disconnected player cannot rejoin, or if he or she becomes disconnected again, the match should be rescheduled.
Each team should notify the International Doubles organizer(s) of any match cancellations or postponements, so that they can keep an updated list of scheduled matches.
If the same team has disconnections during the rescheduled match, that team forfeits the match, receiving a loss. The other team is awarded a win.

Phew! Of course these are just my initial ideas: feel free to change anything and everything!

Also, I think some rules like this are necessary, but despite all that above I hope people won't take the ladder too seriously. If you end up on top it won't mean that you're masters of the Wipeout universe; if you end up at the bottom it won't mean that you are hopeless and should give up (besides, kgb and I will have a claim on that spot :g).

TarotCardKiller
5th March 2009, 01:30 AM
That'll work just fine.

Asayyeah
5th March 2009, 08:23 AM
sunday 21st march midnight i can't be there for the trial :(
But i am still interested to take part of this ;)

JJPAP
5th March 2009, 11:05 AM
For Feisar31:
What a brilliant job you did :+.
I have a few inputs/ideas, that might be useful.
(Btw, excuse my english - it can be quite difficult to explain these kind of things, when it´s not your native tongue).

Teams will be ranked on the ladder according to their ranking scores. (* Ranking system to be determined.)

My simple idea: The winning team gets 2 points, the loosing team 0. In case of a draw: 1 point for each team.
The team´s ranking is determined by amount of points divided by the number of matches the team has played.
Ex.: Your team has played 7 matches, you´ve got 9 points. 9 divided by 7 = 1.29, which will put your team somewhere (?) on the ranking-list.

All match races will be at Phantom speed.

And Weapons On, I´ll presume :lol.

Matches consist of one or two 8-race tournaments at Phantom speed.

Why not make it one 12 races-tournament?
Team A chooses 6 tracks and then Team B chooses 6 tracks, which are not already chosen by Team A.
In a not so far future, SL might give us more tracks to choose from :P.

If a player disconnects/is disconnected, the tournament should be stopped and restarted immediately, if the player is able to rejoin.

This is a very difficult part to control. In theory: If my team was loosing, I could just shut off my black box. I have great trust in you guys, but it could happen ... (Right, Leungbok ;)).

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 11:12 AM
oh my days feisar 31!!

feel free to take over ;)

great stuff :D 16:00 GMT better for a test?

kaori
5th March 2009, 11:24 AM
Cool rules, but I believed the aim is to play 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2, 4 teams by race?!
I repeat you I've played like this with other frenchies, it's very fun.
I propose too to do teams with a suppleant.

OBH
5th March 2009, 12:44 PM
"We're all jumping and singing we win, We're all jumping and singing we win, We're all jumping and singing, We're all jumping and singing, We're all jumping and singing when we win!

"We're a right bunch of b*stards when we lose! We're a right bunch of b*stards when we lose! We're a right bunch of b*stards, We're a right bunch of b*stards, We're a right bunch of b*stards when we lose!" :g

Team Amorbis & OBH fans singing before the start of the race :g:D

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 01:04 PM
@feisar 31: what you posted is brilliant and it's far more thought out ans sensible than anything i could have come up with.
would it be alright if i put it in my post on the first page? quoted or copied and credited, it's up to you :D
would it be possible to incorporate multiple pair (2v2v2v2) matches into this system or should we keep it separate?

@OBH: you have a fan base already? you work very fast indeed ;)

kaori
5th March 2009, 01:18 PM
If we have 4 teams, 1st win 6 points, 2nd 4 points, 3rd 2 points and 4th 0 points. If you have 3 teams, 4, 2 and 0 point.
In the case of tie, e.g. two team first : 5 points each.

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 01:20 PM
cool. we'll see what others think but it seems like a good plan :)

by the way, do you have a partner yet kaori? just so i can update the list

kaori
5th March 2009, 01:27 PM
Maybe leungbok, I don't tell him :lol

KGB
5th March 2009, 04:15 PM
Well my team mate there certainly has a mind for this type of thing, very well thought out Fiesar31.

I don't want to be a spoil sport, but i still think we should go for 2v2 and see how that goes, or 2v2v2 at least. I have a concern about lag in these things. When playing people of an equal skill to your own, things become very tight and you notice strange things happening to your ship that normally do not happen in usual races. I'm sure we could reduce this a bit with a few less people in each room.

I think the points need looked at.

If it is 2v2 then why not 3 for a win and 1 for a loss. That way you are being rewarded for participation even if you did lose.

2v2v2 then 4 for a win 2 for second place and 1 for last place.

2v2v2v2 then 6 for a win 4 second 2 third and 1 last.

I think this balances out, as winning an 8 player match should be rewarded more than a 2 player one. (not that I want to play an 8 player match, but it could be used for the future).

I couldn't think of any thing worse than Yeldar sitting at the bottom of the pile with no points, we should at least give him some for trying ;) The poor mite. :lol

OBH
5th March 2009, 05:39 PM
I couldn't think of any thing worse than Yeldar sitting at the bottom of the pile with no points, we should at least give him some for trying ;) The poor mite. :lol

:lol:lol:P:P:lol:lol:g:g

aww that had me laughing out loud!

leungbok
5th March 2009, 05:42 PM
Ok Kaori, let's be partners ;)

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 05:58 PM
the only way i'm coming last is out of sympathy for you. besides, asa will protect me with his divine powers :)
*secretly curls up into a ball and begins to weep*

moving on, ok then, we'll start with just 2v2 and see how it goes. more can be introduced and if there's too much lag then we'll peg it back a notch.
groovy

KGB
5th March 2009, 06:20 PM
Your probably not wrong mate. :lol

Excellent leadership quality's there as well, make a decision and move on. good stuff.

I don't think it matters if people can not make the test run, we can all race when ever we want and 2v2 will be so much easier to manage. I am not totally against more players, but I just know people will start to get a bad vibe from losing if they feel it has anything to do with their Internet Connection. (ie. me and Saturn:lol). So I just think to begin with we could make it simple, so no one loses interest or gets sick of being rammed, bombed or missiled to ****.

We could maybe arrange special meets for 8 players at a later date, a one off weekend where we can try have a few 8 player races over the course of a day, special points given to best performers or most improved, that kind of thing.

SaturnReturn
5th March 2009, 06:33 PM
I'm glad we've gone with 2v2 for now. I was going to try and steer it in that direction with some subtle hints but I didn't have to. Yay! I think it's best from an organizational point of view. Can you imagine trying to arrange a match with 8 players if it had to be the same 2 people in each team every time? I think that would be tough. Not to mention the nightmare of scoring a league, despite the good ideas people have put forward.

As for blaming connection issues for losing. That was initially why I wanted to try 2v2v2v2 as well. Just to see if it made a difference having one less person gunning for me. But as I said, it's good to keep it simple for easy organization.

So, myself and TarotCardKiller are now a confirmed team and ready to take on all challengers. So who's up for it?

TarotCardKiller - we might have to come to some kind of compromise for this. Let's say that in the first match we kick arse. Then in the second match we'll kick ass. Deal?

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 06:33 PM
agreed, a test is just a test after all.

Let's say that in the first match we kick arse. Then in the second match we'll kick ass. Deal?
:lol classic

Feisar31
5th March 2009, 08:40 PM
And Weapons On, I´ll presume :lol.
I knew I forgot something! Fixed.

Why not make it one 12 races-tournament?
Team A chooses 6 tracks and then Team B chooses 6 tracks, which are not already chosen by Team A.
That would be fine, or we could add it as another option. Personally, I find 12 races in a row to be a bit much, but that could just be part of the competition. ;) I think that Team B should get first choice on their 6 tracks though.

This is a very difficult part to control. In theory: If my team was loosing, I could just shut off my black box. I have great trust in you guys, but it could happen ... (Right, Leungbok ;)).
You're right. I think if we have teams notify the International Doubles organizer(s) of any changes to the match times (so they can update the schedule), then it would become clear if any team was intentionally disconnecting. I'll add something to the rules about that. Also if the same team has disconnections on the rescheduled match then I think they would have to forfeit. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the other team that showed up twice to play.

would it be alright if i put it in my post on the first page?
Sure! Although you might want to wait a little longer so we can get more comments and suggestions. The rules still need some work. But maybe you could start collecting team names? Hereafter KGB and I shall be known as "Voodoo Rage". :g

About the rankings: I don't care what ranking system we use, but ... I looked into it a little, and it seems most gaming ladders use some form of the Elo rating system (check it out on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELO_rating_system)). I'll try to give you the basic idea of it.

Everyone starts with an average rating, say 1500. After each game, the ratings for each player are updated. First, you find the expected win percentage for the player, based on the current ratings. For instance, if Team A has 2500 points (top tier) and Team B has 500 points (bottom tier), then the probability that Team A would win is over 95%. For Team B, the win percentage is the opposite--less than 5%.

Then you look at the actual result. Did Team A win? If so, the rankings are correct in this instance, so Team A gets a small amount of points added and Team B gets a small amount of points subtracted. However, if Team B won, that means the current rankings are not as accurate as they should be, so Team A gets a lot of points added and Team B gets some points subtracted.

Of course, there is more to it than that; most ladders vary the amount of points you can win or lose depending on your rating. If we were to use this kind of system, I thought a variation on the Elo system as used in Go (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_ranks_and_ratings#Elo_Ratings_as_used_in_Go) might work well. I could make a simple ranking calculator on a web page if we agreed on a good formula. But again, if you guys want to use something else (something simpler ;)) then that's fine with me.

yeldar2097
5th March 2009, 10:10 PM
wow, thanks so much for this feisar31
doesn't mean i'll be going easy on you but its much appreciated all the same.
good ranking idea, i'm all for it if everyone else is.
voodoo rage it is :D

kaori
5th March 2009, 10:30 PM
Elo system is the best!

yeldar2097
6th March 2009, 01:00 AM
ok so plan is: arrange a couple of test matches, then if all goes well, we'll start it up properly with a badass ranking system and everything!
i'm getting rather excited :D

archman
6th March 2009, 12:11 PM
PULSE:

Ok, so tonight (Friday) on 20H00 GMT we are doing a test team racing.

The Tracks for tonight will be:

Random-made picking of tracks: 11 15 23 14 4 2 21 1 10 17 9 20 24 18 16 7 6 13 22 12 5 3 19 8

Track List:

Session 1:

Tech De Ra White (weapons ON) (11)
Fort Gale White (weapons OFF) (15)
Outpost 7 White (weapons ON) (23)
The Amphiseum Black (weapons OFF) (14)
Moa Therma Black (weapons ON) (4)
Talon's Junction Black (weapons OFF) (2)
Vertica White (weapons ON) (21)
Talon's Junction White (weapons OFF) (1)
De Konstruct Black (weapons ON) (10)
Basilico White (weapons OFF) (17)
De Konstruct White (weapons ON) (9)
Platinum Rush Black (weapons OFF) (20)

---20min pause

Session 2:

Outpost 7 Black (weapons ON) (24)
Basilico Black (weapons OFF) (18 )
Fort Gale Black (weapons ON) (16)
Arc Prime White (weapons OFF) (7)
Metropia Black (weapons ON) (6)
The Amphiseum White (weapons OFF) (13)
Vertica Black (weapons ON) (22)
Tech De Ra Black (weapons OFF) (12)
Metropia White (weapons ON) (5)
Moa Therma White (weapons OFF) (3)
Platinum Rush White (weapons ON) (19)
Arch Prime Black (weapons OFF) (8 )

The participants for tonight will (most probably) be: supersox, seraph, darkdrium777 and me.

For tonight, we'll do a testing between two teams, and see how it goes, and if we need some further tweaks to do there...

Team 1: supersox - Darkdrium777
Team 2: seraph - archman

The ranking system for a 2v2 match:

1st: 7 points
2nd: 5
3rd: 3
4th: 1

...and we sum the each points of two teammates separately at the end and give it to the corresponding team. (awful explanation, but you probably got it already :D)
If you have any suggestions, please PM me or post your ideas here. ;)

-WARNING: the sessions are password protected!

btw.: This is a mirror post to "Online meetings, Pulse".

Wellington86
6th March 2009, 08:49 PM
I will belatedly join this. I think 2v2v2v2 should be better than 4v4.

yeldar2097
6th March 2009, 09:35 PM
groove armada, any idea who you're planning to team up with.
i'll bet there's a long list of people who would gladly oblige :)

KGB
6th March 2009, 09:41 PM
Frankie goes to hollywood :D, It's no good throwing your weight around now Welly. It's all been decided. :lol. And no, I already have a partner.:P

Glad to see you have come out of semi-retirement.

yeldar2097
6th March 2009, 09:44 PM
does he really?
semi-retirement what now? eh? oh never mind.

who is free on the 21st of march? please give times so i can sort out how many sessions there will be/when they will be.

cheers

KGB
6th March 2009, 09:52 PM
Yes he generally will from time to time.:P

What's that saturday? Are we planning on doing this all on the same day or something?

yeldar2097
6th March 2009, 11:03 PM
yeah saturday. i was just thinking that for a test it would be easier to have loads of pairs ready at the same time so we could do a sort of round-robin type thing to see how it works out.
i'm not available on sunday but we could easily sort something out then as well.

archman
7th March 2009, 01:39 AM
Here are the results of the yesterday test night:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=116473#post116473

Thanks everyone for this great idea!

Cheers,
arch ;)

OBH
7th March 2009, 10:36 AM
this sucks. im well up for the doubles matches at 12, yet i cant get my angry housemate off saints row 2.

might have to cancel......... again.

yeldar2097
7th March 2009, 10:50 AM
give him a good old slap :P

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 11:18 AM
I've completely lost track of this thread. So matches are happening at 12pm today? As in, 20 minutes ago? Or we're still talking 12pm on March 22nd?

yeldar2097
7th March 2009, 11:24 AM
well i was thinking getting people together for the 21st/22nd of march.
it's only a test run so obviously not everyone has to be there. just a premilinary set of races

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 11:26 AM
Ok. That's cool. I was just confused by the way various people have been talking as it seemed like it was happening sooner. I will try to be there with TCK.

Greenix
7th March 2009, 01:09 PM
OOO this sounds like fun :D
I wanna take part if thats ok, just gotta find a team mate.

Maybe I can get Andybob to join me in my quest for wipeout world domination, wouldn't want to give Haydn and Amorbis all the fun..

yeldar2097
7th March 2009, 01:46 PM
great! i'll stick you on the list.

world domination? pah! that's my job.

OBH
7th March 2009, 01:57 PM
If this was a betting game, TarotCardKiller + SaturnReturn would be my outside bet :beer
sods law says ive jinxed your chances now!

edit:
also, we'll go with team name someone better slap me :g

leungbok
7th March 2009, 01:58 PM
greenix said : "Maybe I can get Andybob to join me in my quest for wipeout world domination, wouldn't want to give Haydn and Amorbis all the fun.."

family link with infaxsu, no ? ;)

pirahpac
7th March 2009, 02:24 PM
maybe im blind?? : http://194.183.224.38/rank/index.php?myid=&session=&page=0&results=&mode=0&track=0&classe=4&player=&filter=4&submit_apply=APPLY&comment=Log+in+to+comment

yeldar2097
7th March 2009, 02:34 PM
:lol
maybe as individuals, but as a team? who knows :P

pirahpac
7th March 2009, 02:38 PM
individuals?like sl or tt ? ^^

andybob35
7th March 2009, 02:52 PM
Ill join ya Greenix, looking forward to racing good oppersition! :rock

Int. doubles certainly beats wasting hours on TT/SL :beer

Roll on the 21st!

Greenix
7th March 2009, 03:04 PM
Who's INFAXSU? Come across him on the forum a couple of times but never paid too much attention. He hasn't already stolen the role of world domination-er has he...? Blast... :p

I suppose I'll have to change my quest to stop team 'someone better slap me' :D

If you are blind Pirahpac then that raises the question of how you can do so well in TT and SL :o
PS. Regarding the time you said TT and SL was too hard for me, well I have now set a time on VK TT for you to beat, shouldn't be too hard for you right?... :)

Great! Me and Andy are ready to race :banzai

OBH
7th March 2009, 03:10 PM
maybe im blind?? : http://194.183.224.38/rank/index.php?myid=&session=&page=0&results=&mode=0&track=0&classe=4&player=&filter=4&submit_apply=APPLY&comment=Log+in+to+comment

i hate to break it to you mate, but theres more than just boosts and an empty track in these races :beer
think this is the one your after :g (http://194.183.224.38/rank/index.php?myid=&session=&page=0&results=&mode=4&track=0&classe=4&player=&filter=4&submit_apply=APPLY&comment=Log+in+to+comment)

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 03:30 PM
If this was a betting game, TarotCardKiller + SaturnReturn would be my outside bet :beer
sods law says ive jinxed your chances now!

At first I thought, "Score! Go Team!" And all of a sudden I had massive faith. But then I read the small print. Note to self - always read the small print. Jinxing players is some sneaky tactics. I'll just have to wear my lucky thong to counter the jinx's effects. That'll do it!

KGB
7th March 2009, 03:47 PM
This one alone will instill the fear of god into you!!:):p:?8)

http://194.183.224.38/rank/index.php?myid=&session=&page=0&results=&mode=4&track=16&classe=3&player=&filter=2&submit_apply=APPLY&comment=Log+in+to+comment

Greenix
7th March 2009, 04:08 PM
:lol you've just dealt a punishing blow KGB!
I'm so distraught I'm.. not sure if.... I can....race.... now....
Damn you and your Sol2 Rapier time! I hope you know that you've caused me to lose sleep now :beer

pirahpac
7th March 2009, 05:32 PM
lol greenix know only 1 or 2 race ( vineta sl ? 18.28? :beer...anoobpha? :clap) what about others?? maybe im blind ..i see 16 tracks in this game :nod..and for ur " tt online " with ur mate = lol? and osama ?where a u here ?http://194.183.224.38/rank/index.php?myid=&session=&page=0&results=&mode=6&track=0&classe=4&player=&filter=2&submit_apply=APPLY&comment=Log+in+to+comment ha ok im again blind ..but dont worry ..i understand, one boost by lap for all players is not enough for u ..u like luck lol!

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 05:35 PM
On the other hand... How's about we don't make this another unnecessarily long thread full of pointless bragging/slagging, the likes of which we've all heard plenty of times before? We can all see the records. We can all sort them to make ourselves or our country look better or worse. Get over it, seriously!

Greenix
7th March 2009, 05:48 PM
Agreed Saturn, I said wipeout world domination (this seems to be the start to this?) as a joke for on the tracks blowing people up, not as a starting point for more of this rubbish. Seems things are taken so seriously on here by some players. Try to have a joke and all that seems to come from it is constant bragging.. SL this TT that, don't say well done or anything encouraging just slander it further and yap about your supreme ability. It's getting tidious now.

As far as I would like it, can this be the end of this subject now? Can we get back to chatting about International Doubles?
Bottom line is wipeout should be having fun..

Feisar31
7th March 2009, 07:14 PM
OK, I'm not sure if we've agreed on using an Elo ranking system, but I made a ranking calculator anyway:

International Doubles Ranking Calculator (http://www.animara.com/wohd/ranking.htm) (needs javascript)

You can play around with it and let me know what you think. In the final version the two constants will be fixed, or based on a simple linear function. If we do vary them according to the team's rating, we probably don't want to vary them too much.

We should also have a ratings floor of 500 or even 1000 so that no one can get too far behind.

Any more suggestions about the rules? ;)

SaturnReturn
7th March 2009, 08:50 PM
I can't make any suggestions about rules because I haven't set any time aside to read that other long post :p

But the calculator and general concept looks pretty cool to me. Good stuff.

KGB
7th March 2009, 09:51 PM
I hope you rigged this like i said Feisar ;) otherwise we may need more than voodoo to help us.

I still have plenty of rage though. :brickwall

rdmx
7th March 2009, 11:53 PM
As a side note, it looks like the Frenchies don't see sarcasm very well...:?
We should all start talking in idioms!
"It's raining cats and dogs", etc

chboing
8th March 2009, 07:34 PM
i have no teamates ! maybe wellington ? :p
or maybe eloi ? are you somewhere man ? :)

as a side note : insertcoin, plz don't generalize

Eloï
8th March 2009, 09:07 PM
I'm ok to be with you chboing ;)

yeldar2097
9th March 2009, 12:59 AM
feisar you are my hero, shall we add that to the rules?

are there any events already scheduled for the weekend of the 20th-22nd?
if not then i was hoping to do a test then.

feel free to check the list and ask people if they want a quick game whenever you want to, nothing official going down yet.

happy racing :D

KGB
11th March 2009, 06:37 PM
What's the state of play at the moment? Are we free to organise a race that will be official or are we still at the planning stage. Is our leader (yeldar) gonna list the definitive rules and points scoring soon. It would be cool if we could get the ball rolling on this as soon as pos, I can feel a bit of form coming back. Lets hurry up before it goes again......Damn! it's gone.:bomb

eLhabib
11th March 2009, 08:34 PM
Since I'm now online again with my (hopefully) temporary profile called angryhabib, I would like to join this event, given that someone has the mercy to take me as a wingman ;)

OBH
11th March 2009, 08:38 PM
me and amorbis are ready to start the arse whoopin' whenever your ready :beer

Greenix
11th March 2009, 08:50 PM
:lol angryhabib! love it lol

If we dont hear from Yeldar maybe we should temporarily organise something between ourselves as a last resort cause this could be a lot of fun.

yeldar2097
11th March 2009, 11:07 PM
final draft of rules etc... being finalised, will be up on friday.
hope that's enough to tide you over....
if it's not, arrange some races and tell me how they go :+

archman
12th March 2009, 10:03 AM
yeldar2097, you tried 2v2v2? I did one 2v2 night (Pulse) with 7-5-3-1 points (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th), and it worked really fair enough.
So what's the case with 2v2v2? Or 3v3?

Connavar
13th March 2009, 12:21 AM
Wow just heard about it, great idea!!
Yeah it could be integrated in some sort of website, would be nice...

I wouldn't mind being with (for instance): AnErare or pirhapac, well any good player I had
fun with online.

Feisar31
13th March 2009, 12:59 AM
Alright, I decided on the final ranking score formula. If you play a team of equal strength (like everyone will be at the start), your rating will change by 15 points for a win or loss. The biggest possible change is 28 points. You can go to the revised Ranking Calculator page (http://www.animara.com/wohd/ranking.htm) and look under "Notes" for a few more details about the system.

I also updated the rules to state that you can only challenge teams that are within 500 points. With that difference in points, the most the higher team can win is 1 or 2 points (depending on its rating). I think it will also be nice if a team really has to "climb up" the ladder by beating teams in its own range. 500 points is quite a lot though, so it may never even come up, but please let me know if you don't like that rule.

Keep in mind the differences in points won't mean much at the beginning; as more matches are played, the rankings will become better and more "accurate".

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 01:22 AM
ok, rules 'a la feisar31' now on front page. they might be updated in the near future but this should suffice for now.
let me know if there are any issues that need sorting.
ranking stuff nearly sorted

JJohnEames
16th March 2009, 03:56 AM
ill be available, cant wait

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 11:27 AM
regarding the people without partners: elhabib + anerare/wellignton86/we need one more for another pair...

OBH
16th March 2009, 12:01 PM
dont forget a Mr. JJohnEames showed interested only a meer one post before yours :beer

yeldar2097
16th March 2009, 12:03 PM
he's already in there with GTP_rorschach.
we'll find someone, it's only a matter of time before this thing will be plastered all over picadilly circus and times square.
too ambitious?

SaturnReturn
16th March 2009, 07:01 PM
Sounds about right ambition wise :+

yeldar2097
18th March 2009, 03:26 AM
rightyho chaps, pay attention.

i might not be available this coming weekend but i'd quite like to give the go-ahead on the whole test thing so please either let me know if you're available so i can whack it on the front page OR challenge some pairs to matches and post the results when you're done. that way we can put your scores into the system and then get everything fully up and running.

groovy

SaturnReturn
18th March 2009, 01:40 PM
I'm available. TarotCardKiller - If you're available then let us know your preferred times and we can try to coordinate time zones with another team.

yeldar2097
18th March 2009, 02:16 PM
ok, nice to know you'll be joining us
so far we have:
JJohnEames
GTP_Rorschach
yeldar2097 (75%)
"Someone Better Slap Me"
SaturnReturn

bit thin on the ground at the moment but i'm sure people will be online anyway so i'll just ask as and when i'm there.

archman
19th March 2009, 12:35 PM
Anyone wants to join @ Pulse on Friday night (tomorrow)? (2v2 or 2v2v2, we'll see, depending on feedback)

;)

yeldar2097
19th March 2009, 10:01 PM
ok since people haven't really let me know whether they'll be available or not i'll just PM people on the list when i'm online and we'll go from there.

i look forward to seeing (at least all of) you :P

Eloï
20th March 2009, 10:07 PM
I'm available too. Don't know about chboing I didn't see him in a while... Or we don't have the same play times.

chaos80
20th March 2009, 10:23 PM
I'm interested or am I too late to the party as usal?? :) And who will race with me???

DrMannevond
20th March 2009, 10:53 PM
Is it still possible to join? Pretty please!!

yeldar2097
20th March 2009, 10:54 PM
yeah sure, the more the merrier! :D
i'll add you to the list

TarotCardKiller
20th March 2009, 11:30 PM
I'm going to attend as well.
and as far as preferred times, would this be a weekend ordeal or daily? I'd be free anytime during the weekend "for sure" as long as its 1200GMT or after (I believe that is my 6am). I hope living in the states does not cause any burden; I'll do my best to accommodate.

OBH
20th March 2009, 11:32 PM
i have to sell my ps3 on the 28th....
amorbis needs a new partner

Amorbis
20th March 2009, 11:42 PM
I'm very sad tat you have to leave Haydn, we were destined for great things. I'll partner up with anyone that'll take me on.

yeldar2097
20th March 2009, 11:54 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooo haydn!!!! don't leave uss!!!
:(
you're off the list now, nickname and all.
elhabib,chaos80,drmannevond and Amorbis, you reckon you could come to some sort of arrangement for teams or just invite other people?
groovy
sorry to see you go haydn.

archman
21st March 2009, 12:10 AM
i have to sell my ps3 on the 28th....
amorbis needs a new partner

Pulsing then maybe? ;)

GTP_Rorschach
21st March 2009, 01:35 PM
Very sad to see you go Haydn - you are a genius in that Mirage

Connavar
21st March 2009, 01:38 PM
Please add me to the list of participants.
I already mentioned it 1 week ago but you didn't notice I guess...

eLhabib
21st March 2009, 02:46 PM
Haydn, you have to sell your PS3?! Oh NOES!!! how come?
We'll definitely miss you on the tracks! I hope you're coming back eventually! :(

As for the doubles - answering Amorbis' request, I'll fill in the spot of Haydn, yay!

andybob35
21st March 2009, 05:20 PM
Any idea when this is likely to start? and is there anywhere we can see a full breakdown of players? gonna be good!

@greenix... are logo is underway courteous of ZoNeS... green sponge ninja's it is!

Look forward to racing u all!

yeldar2097
21st March 2009, 06:07 PM
the list of people is on the first page.
i was hoping people would sort out some matches whenever they could/felt like it.
at the moment the tv that my ps3 is connected to is being hogged by my father who's watching the rugby.
who the hell watches rugby anyway?

SaturnReturn
21st March 2009, 06:37 PM
Myself and TCK will be available for challenges at 7.30pm. That will give me enough time to charge up my camera and eat something.

Anyone wanna challenge us?

EDIT:
Our name is still being negotiated :p

yeldar2097
21st March 2009, 06:46 PM
pick me pick me. if i can't find asa then can i just borrow someone else's talent?

Eloï
21st March 2009, 06:48 PM
That means in one hour right? I'm ok for it.
Today was wipeout day...

* half an hour

KGB
21st March 2009, 08:10 PM
Why do you have to sell up haydn?. I have never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life. Sell a ps3!!!! :frown:

Sorry Yeldar couldn't get on at the moment.

kaori
21st March 2009, 09:03 PM
leungbok and me will be called... team "AG-Rapides".

KGB
22nd March 2009, 12:21 PM
The TEST ;) run we had last night/this morning I thought was a great success, I enjoyed it loads, had some very close games and some not so close, it worked very well. Are we free to challenge teams now Yeldar?

yeldar2097
22nd March 2009, 12:29 PM
yeah they were great, mostly because my team won! :P
course you are kgb, go mental challenging ppl

KGB
22nd March 2009, 12:35 PM
LOL It was just a test mate, i will not take it so easy on you next time. :g

SaturnReturn
22nd March 2009, 12:43 PM
True! Just a test. Although the 2x4 race tours in a row that were a draw were a lot of fun to see. Shows how important it is that it's close racing. If one team spanked the other it probably would have been a bit boring for everyone.

We did a bit of a test earlier; me, elois, z1r0rEi, TCK. Unfortunately that wasn't so sucessful. At least it wasn't great from my point of view as everyone was permanently ghosts and all bombs and mines were invisible. Is there a rule for that kind of thing happening? (I haven't read the rules yet....long!)

designer_79
23rd March 2009, 02:29 AM
Nice to hear, you could give the international doubles idea a succesful try this weekend ... I will defenitely pair up with Blackwiggle, forming some South-Western Pacific team bringing you guys some heat from this corner of the world. I'll study the rules now , before asking dumb questions ;-)

subtotal
24th March 2009, 01:05 AM
me and mr-rico84 are up for it - what do we get if we win ?

once everyone has got up off the floor from laughing so hard- let me know whats happening and then i'll tell mr-rico what i've let us in for