PDA

View Full Version : 2009-02-25: Haxorger banned

infoxicated
25th February 2009, 06:12 PM
Haxorger has been banned for creating duplicate accounts, insulting other members, and generally being a pathetic moron.

His PSN ID is also Haxorger, so anyone who had the misfortune of being added to his friends list can act as they see fit - it might well be wise to avoid him in online races, too, as reports are that he has zero interest in actually racing.

archman
25th February 2009, 06:21 PM
It would be ok to report and ask for ban of his PSN ID...

Lance
25th February 2009, 06:36 PM
I don't think it would be right to do that on the basis of his behaviour here, but only on his behaviour on PSN, whatever he does or does not do there.

eLhabib
25th February 2009, 06:40 PM
A rather insignificant suggestion I'd like to make: why is it that when people get banned, the actual offense that got them banned is always deleted? I know it's not really important for everyone to see what exactly they did wrong, but it does interest some people (like me ;)) - also, just seeing people being banned and not seeing the actual offense because it has been deleted does make the mods look a bit totalitarian, if you catch my drift...

Lance
25th February 2009, 06:45 PM
I banned the guy because he was flaming two of our members And Rob in two separate topics, and because he kept creating several new usernames to do it. Do you really need to know the exact words? Almost all of these juvenile self-centered people use pretty much the same words and manner; I'm sure you've seen such stuff already and know its character.

Or do you just need to know that the abuse actually existed, which implies that you don't trust the admin and mods to tell the truth?

Darkdrium777
25th February 2009, 08:55 PM
Zero interest in actually racing? Sounds about right. He sent me a message asking for a Pulse race (I guess he wanted to know if he really was rank 101, in which case I would've gladly showed him he wasn't), to which I replied no less than 10 minutes later. Well, he wasn't there.

As for eLhabib's suggestion, another forum I go to with the same software has these yellow and red cards used to identify posts that committed infractions. These can show the public what happened and where. :)

Lance
25th February 2009, 09:52 PM
Presumably they still don't show what was actually posted?

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't want such offensive crap to remain visible; there's a reason the poster of such stuff is banned. Why leave it up so it can continue to offend.

Darkdrium777
26th February 2009, 12:55 AM
Of course of course Lance. This other forum I go to also removes stuff too offencive, but say someone posted like pictures exceeding the 50kb limit, well you can give them a yellow card. It doesn't have to be for offencive stuff, but also stuff going against the rules without being offencive ;)

KIGO1987
26th February 2009, 06:05 AM
Who the **** is this guy and what did he do?

G'Kyl
26th February 2009, 06:31 AM
Nothing interesting, believe me. He was trying to be insulting on a childish level (in one case he wasn't even being insulting, but someone like him wouldn't know that) - and I'm glad we won't read it again. I'm with Lance on this one: I trust the moderators all the way. Which, by the way, is true for the moderators of this forum like for no other.

Ben

lunar
26th February 2009, 09:22 AM
Kigo, I love your special way of saying things :lol

Asayyeah
26th February 2009, 10:41 AM
Good job mods and Rob ;)

archman
26th February 2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, thanks to Lance and other mods for the excellent work ;)

kanar
26th February 2009, 11:31 AM
This place is amazing. Thanks a lot to the mods & Rob for this impressive moderating work. I've never seen such a mature place like that, with interesting discussion threads everywhere... To the point this website is considered by most of us as a great family. I've just one simple remark in mind. Of course this is not so important, but I've noticed you guys (mods) are not playing wipeout often. I mean the recently released ones, pulse & HD. I've understood you're not ok with the street skater influence, but I would be glad to share some races in a near future, with you Xeik, Lance, Infoxicated... And of course Task (the only one still in activity -on pulse-, as far as I know).

WipeoutZone :rock

Lance
26th February 2009, 03:55 PM
I don't race with the new games because I don't have the new consoles. I had other things I needed to get first or to pay for first. Still do. And I developed a couple of new enthusiasms that get a slice of the money, too. :)

xEik
26th February 2009, 11:03 PM
I don't have a PS3 yet and xlink kai works like shÃ*t for me, so no Pure.
This leaves me just with Pulse, but I'm afraid I'm a below average pilot on that one. So you aren't missing much by not racing me. :P
If we could play wo3 online, then I could certainly provide a good challenge.

Seraph
26th February 2009, 11:50 PM
Like a friend of mine told me in the past:
"It doesn't matter. Just play and enjoy!;)"

You don't have to be first to enjoy a flight with someone ;)

Lance
27th February 2009, 01:14 AM
We seem to be wandering from the topic.

AG-wolf
27th February 2009, 04:41 AM
Or do you just need to know that the abuse actually existed, which implies that you don't trust the admin and mods to tell the truth?

When someone holds themselves above others with wording and attitudes like this, it often promotes skepticism and diminishes respect.

infoxicated
27th February 2009, 10:55 AM
I'd like to see your statistical data and sample size, because I'm skeptical of that sweeping statement myself. ;)

Bottom line is that if someone posts offensive, inappropriate, or spam material to this site it'll get deleted and they get punished accordingly. The policy is transparent, even if the offending material has already been cleared.

Elhabib, you'll just have to trust us on this - it's worked for eight years, through thick and thin.

Also, if we did behave akin to a totalitarian dictatorship, why the heck do we allow our community members to comment on an announcements thread?

Darkdrium777
27th February 2009, 12:54 PM
It's a secret strategy of yours... :banzai

eLhabib
27th February 2009, 03:57 PM
Rob, Lance et al, don't get me wrong here - I trust you all the way, and I know damn well that you are doing one heck of a job in keeping this the best forum on the interwebs. I'm just trying to see this from the standpoint of someone new to the 'Zone, who will probably receive a strange 'vibe' when someone is being banned without a chance to see the actual offense. Not to scare anyone, eh?

But once again, you're doing a great job, so don't even listen to me (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way) - it was just a random thought.

AG-wolf
27th February 2009, 05:54 PM
Bottom line is that if someone posts offensive, inappropriate, or spam material to this site it'll get deleted and they get punished accordingly. The policy is transparent, even if the offending material has already been cleared.not questioning that at all. Though if there are grey areas, sometimes a form of evidence is reassuring if nothing else, to allow people to form their own opinion, regardless of the fact that it wouldn't necessarily change the outcome. Maybe have a "Trash" forum where all offensive/inappropriate/spam posts and threads are moved to, perhaps? A handful of the established forums I've gone to for years often have something similar.

Also, if we did behave akin to a totalitarian dictatorship, why the heck do we allow our community members to comment on an announcements thread?Who said anything about a dictatorship?

Darkdrium777
27th February 2009, 06:26 PM
About the last comment: someone who was forced to leave recently and had a slightly disproportioned e-- *. Play hangman and you'll figure it out. ;)

*ego

KGB
28th February 2009, 02:41 PM
Are the 15 posts Haxorger submited on here before being banned a record or does someone else hold that record?

infoxicated
28th February 2009, 03:00 PM
It isn't really the kind of thing we keep a track of, but we've certainly had to ban spammers in the past after just one post. Not sure if they count as members, though.

Velocitar64
5th March 2009, 08:28 PM
Anyone who has actually made someone need to ban them must be an idiot. What a loser.

Whats the point of creating duplicate accounts? Whats the point of offending other members?

I may have just offended this guy, but he asked for it by getting banned.

Seraph
5th March 2009, 11:35 PM
All of this is in the past. Let us try not to be like those people and not talk about this anymore. A lot of thanks to the administrators of this wonderful forum for their excellent job. Keep it up and remember we are supporting you ! ;)

Respect...
Seraph

Xavier
6th March 2009, 07:06 PM
At first (when he was being warned and not yet banned) I thought Haxorger would get into the spirit of things, but this is just ridiculous. Ban the clown and erase all 34 (?) of the pieces of drivel that he's infected the site with.

Darkdrium777
6th March 2009, 07:10 PM
This is when you wish someone more regular to the site would be a moderator... He's going to keep making spam threads until he's banned again.
Then fox will probably disable registrations for a while... :/

KGB
6th March 2009, 07:15 PM
I Agree with you, can a moderator ban someone or is it just infoxicated?

RJ O'Connell
6th March 2009, 07:18 PM
It's Rob and Lance that have that privilege at the moment.

To say I'm disappointed about this situation, is an understatement. I'll leave it at that.

andy
6th March 2009, 07:22 PM
ignore him for, what, a couple hours, mods'll come on sometime.

GreenPhazon
6th March 2009, 07:30 PM
I'm fairly new to these forums, and thus far it seems to be a really good online community. It's a crying shame to see someone completely fill it with crap and ruin a perfectly decent forum for all its' welcoming, friendly and helpful users.

Xavier
6th March 2009, 08:15 PM
This is a *great* online community. Isn't there even a member who's something like nine years old? I want to see him calmly and rationally explain civility to Haxorger. :)

eLhabib
6th March 2009, 08:41 PM
Was he really just babbling something about trojans implemented in his forum threads?! :lol
that's probably one of the worst cases of idiocy I have ever seen on the internets...

andy
6th March 2009, 10:05 PM
whey, task is on, can he do anything about this guy?

q_dmc12
6th March 2009, 10:06 PM
Woohoo! Task to the rescue!!:pc

infoxicated
6th March 2009, 10:28 PM
Wow... you have to work long hours for a few days and some ****wit with a tiny dick tries to compensate for it. Typical!

Anyways, he's banned again and I'm going to see about getting on to his service provider. I'm working pretty much all the time right now, so I can't be as vigilant on morons as I'd like to be - please bare with us if he crops up again.

Velocitar64
6th March 2009, 10:38 PM
Don't worry. He's just an immature idiot who likes to spam instead of making friends.

We can bare his *cough* attacks ;)

andy
6th March 2009, 10:44 PM
nice one infox. maybe you could appoint somebody as a temporary mod or something just in case he comes back.

Velocitar64
6th March 2009, 11:06 PM
Maybe, one of the older members.

I wish it would be me, but i've been here what, 3 days? Haha, not happening!

Task
6th March 2009, 11:08 PM
And of course Task (the only one still in activity -on pulse-, as far as I know)8 ) It's Pure I'm most active on. Pulse as well, but to nowhere near the same degree.
Not that I've played in the past two months, but it's been an exceptionally craptacular two months. 8 (

I'll definitely be getting back into that shortly I assume.

Velocitar64
6th March 2009, 11:30 PM
but it's been an exceptionally craptacular two months. 8 (

We understand, and we hope things improve.

Have one of V64's famous Cappuccino's or Hot Chocolates, on the house good sir!

Scruffem
21st March 2009, 12:00 AM
Hehe. I've been racing this guy quite a bit recently on Pulse. He actually isn't a bad racer and can beat me on Vertica Black on Phantom; he's quite skilled. However, he does seem to just stop in the middle of the track if he thinks he's going to lose and smash other ships and he entitled one of his games his rank to show off or something. :) But, I kinda picked up on the vibes even through Pulse's limited communication. Funny how he was mentioned in this way on the forum.

Edit: What a coincidence, I'm racing him now, right after I posted the above message. Finished in .2 seconds ahead of him. Man, he is one tough cookie to beat on that track. :/

GreenPhazon
21st March 2009, 03:02 PM
He wooped me by nearly 10 seconds last week, and I was on top form! It seemed a bit fishy to me.

Velocitar64
21st March 2009, 11:48 PM
Well he is a hacker, so I wouldn't be surprised if he won unfairly.