PDA

View Full Version : My personal 2097 Elimination Mode

Danterich
24th February 2009, 09:37 AM
Hi freaks! I just had a nostalgic Wipeout2097 neggie session, which always(since more than 10! years) ends up with my personal eliminator mode:
Single Race, Phantom Class, Valparaiso, Qirex, goal is 1st place and at least 7 Eliminations!! take a look at this example! I´m curious what you "Diehard-2097-fans" think of it ?

I just found an old video i recorded long time ago with fraps and played on PC with emu and PS2-digi-pad:
Wipeout2097 Valparaiso Phantom Qirex 7 Eliminations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsLGl4Xkcw&t=10s
------
edit:

just updated videolink, nostalgic reasons

In memoriam Psygnosis

designer_79
24th February 2009, 09:45 AM
Hehe I am back to Wipeout 2097 too ... so just on the way to unlock Phantom class. But this Eliminator mode idea sounds fun, i slightly got the same idea yesterday as I got 4 Eliminations on Gare d'Europa ... You use particularely Quirex because of its shield statistics? (well ok it's the fastest weapon equipped craft in the game as well)

Danterich
24th February 2009, 02:10 PM
YES Qirex, of course that´s my ship of choice! Team-loyalty is top priority, means never eliminate ships of your own team! And i forgot to mention that NO CHEATS (unlimited weapons or machine gun) are allowed!!!
As you might know in Phantom the 14 contenders are divided in 3 groups: 1-5, 6-10 and 11-14 are in this order: AG-SYS,Auricom,Qirex,Feisar and Piranha.
My strategy:
I turbo-start and head to group 2, hunt 6 and 7 (AG and Auricom) down in lap 1 and two. In lap 3 i catch up a Plasma for 5(Piranha), with luck i got an extra Plasma for overlapped 14(Piranha). In lap 4 i concentrate on 4(Feisar) and/or overlapped 11/12(AG/Auricom) or in some cases on 2(Auricom). Lap 5(final) is for 2(Auricom) and of course 1 (AG). With luck you can eliminate AG-SYS witha single 3-rockets-broadside-shot!!!
If all runs fine the goal of at least 7 Eliminations is reached ( i think my record is 10!)

AG-wolf
24th February 2009, 02:39 PM
I'm too impatient to lag behind in XL just to eliminate people :3

designer_79
25th February 2009, 04:11 AM
Talking about funny 'play modes' in 2097/XL ... Just read the 'backward quake' thread for Pure and Pulse ... ever tried to back-quake or back-plasma in 2097 ? I need to give that a try in a session tonight :P

Danterich
25th February 2009, 09:09 AM
LOL, no. Backward-plasma should work firing, but hitting successfully is another thing. and Backward-quake won´t work at all IMO. Besides one turn and back eats about 8-10 secs which is wayy too long to reach 1st place in the end. With cheat "unlimited weapons" on, i freaked a lot sometimes i flown "blindly" through races shooting weapons without breaks -> all contenders eliminated in lap 2 :dizzy