PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout World Cup 2009

EPSILON
24th January 2009, 08:07 PM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4710/worldcupwt2.jpg

WIPEOUT WORLD CUP 2009

This the thread on Wipeout HD World Cup 2009.

I wish to organize a Mondial Cup about Wipeout HD :rock

But, I'm not alone for this International Competition, I need the best Organizer like Kanar, Osama Bin Haydn, Kaori etc...

We must organize the cup with international support. Without you, I can not so it is with all of you that we will organize this event that is dear to my heart.

It was TEAM Worl cup !

I think 4 racer/Team.

We have a lot of fan who posts on this forum and lot of country !

Just, We can create few Team/Country.

Example :

Team France : Kaori, Leungbok, Wotan, Kingheim or EPSILON, Spoon, Nyctalopian, Sami_fr...

We need :

- England
- Australian
- US
- Sueden
- Japan
etc....

it's time for you to this gathering manisfester interplanetary !

I contact some people who is used to hold tournaments and I am persuaded that we can organize together this world cup ! :rock

So, I creat a real Wipeout Trophy ! (to my charge, I rassure some Readers)
and Every Year This Trophy Turn to the Country Winner !!
Like a Football World cup ^^

TRAILER WipeOut HD Worldcup 2009 (thx to Osama)

http://www.wegame.com/watch/wipeoutHD_World_Cup_2009_Teaser_Trailer/

Thanks to KGB too, this is the List of Worldcup Pilots

ENGLAND

kgb1971 ------ OLOuk ---------- Judas
Hellfire ------- Andybob35 ------- Peh-Hok
Greenix ------- Wellington
Amorbis ------- Lunar(English not Italian:))

FRANCE

EPSILON ------- Nyctalopian
Kanar ---------- Spoon56
Kaori ---------- Wotan998
Asymeel ------- Kingheim

SCOTLAND

Stin
Osama bin haydn
Mus
Tarquin Farqhuar

PORTUGAL

Xtriko

CANADA

mjolnir74
Redscar
Darkdrium777

NETHERLANDS

Mad-ice
SaturnReturn
Luxoflux

AU-NZ

Blackwiggle
KIGO1987
djKyoto
trentdf

JAPAN

Aka-sho ------ suurenko
rerealm ------- ossama
Edelweiss ---- reach-big7
hn9354

U.S.A

TheFrostE
cerium
feisar31
LOUDandPROUD

ITALY

alterego
il_NIK

NORDIC

Tordmulen ------- Zoth-Ommog
Chaos80
JJPAP
Soccermums

SaturnReturn
24th January 2009, 09:54 PM
This would be awesome if you could pull it off. I for one will support in any way I can. There might be too many England players for me to make the cut though. Actually, I'd quite like to play in Team Netherlands as I'm half dutch on my mum's side. Wonder what the rules are for that kinda thing...hmmm. I can eat a hell of a lot of poffertjes, that's gotta qualify me.

Anyway, good luck EPSILON, it's a cool project.

Darkdrium777
24th January 2009, 10:17 PM
You have my support :) :+

yeldar2097
25th January 2009, 12:31 AM
lol, poffertjes. gotta love em. i'm also rather partial to frikandel speciaal. i for one would have you in the dutch team. one condition; orange while you race.

great idea epsilon. awsome logo too!. full support from yeldar

blackwiggle
25th January 2009, 02:14 AM
Where's Sueden?
Do they even have electricity in Sueden, let alone PS3's and Wipeout players.:lol

There was a grammatical error as well,a best organizer and Osama bin Hayden should not be use in the same sentence.:lol
A best racer maybe.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

In all honesty Epsilon,if this tournament want's to be REALLY big and replicate the soccer world cup, I think it would be best if one person from each country that has a official Playstation forum in their own language, were to post a thread about this upcoming event.[or any other forum that they might frequent]
All contestants would have to join the wipeoutzone.[The WOZF would become F.I.F.A]
Then each country could hold elimination trial/contest amongst themselves to see which 4 pilots would end up representing their country.
This way we would pull in a broader spectrum of players/talents that previously others might not know about.

Just a thought.

Sugar_from_OTW
25th January 2009, 03:49 AM
Not everyone checks the boards. I'm thinking about creating a e-newsletter with tourney information, results etc.

Feedback please?

blackwiggle
25th January 2009, 05:02 AM
It's early days with this,whatever works and gets a legit team together for each country,how each country wishes to hold trials,what format and at what time,I imagine would be up to them to sort.

Bottom line is headquarters are here for the main event.

stin
25th January 2009, 10:59 AM
I decided to participate Scotland but one problem is...looks like I`m going to struggle for Scotland IF foxy can join it for us.

Mind, it`s a start, always start at the bottom then builds it up!

Good luck guys!

stevie:)

Hellfire_WZ
25th January 2009, 01:33 PM
Count me right in for this! :)

kanar
25th January 2009, 01:46 PM
I'm with you too. If you think I'm useful LOL, because like you said, France has already a bunch of wipeout freaks. I'll do my best to pass the French Qualifying Series :lol. Anyway, you can count on me for some crappy teaser stuff if needed (at least that, if I can't make it).

Mad-Ice
25th January 2009, 01:48 PM
Very good idea! I really missed the Netherlands in your list and what about the Canadian team: with Darkdrium777, Flashback_Jack, SpaceboyGajo, Task, Medusa and TreAtzTMA

As for a real life tournament, with some of the best players around check the European Wipeout Convention 2009 thread in the Pilots Lounge.

Full list of Dutch Wipers:

1. AnErare
2. cnmth
3. The Muse,TearsToShreds
4. MarcoM
5. Cloudwind23
6. PX9, de tike
7. KEI
8. Chrono11
9. DjManiac
10. Laloquilla
11. Yeldar2097
12. Luxoflux
13. SaturnReturn
14. PereHD
15. Mad-Ice

djKyoto
25th January 2009, 01:54 PM
Me, Kigo, trentf and blackwiggle will show you's all.

Huzzah!

TreAtzTMA
25th January 2009, 02:33 PM
Would this be NASCAR style with 4 vs 4 teams? One team could be silver skins and the other a darker skin.

chaos80
25th January 2009, 02:56 PM
Hey hey, EPSILON! Sounds like a great idea. :+
Count me in!

Zoth-Ommog
25th January 2009, 05:18 PM
Sounds ace! i'm definitely willing to participate on this one. ( i just dunno what my team could be :D)

Greenix
25th January 2009, 05:43 PM
Love the logo and the idea! You should force SL to change their online anouncement message (which has been about the same thing since last year) to something encouraging players to check out WipEout Zone and inform everyone of an upcoming WipEout World Cup!

Pere_HD
25th January 2009, 08:27 PM
We'll be having some trouble to find 4 racers for Team Uruguay...haha! As far as I know...DjManiac and me are the only ones from Uruguay.

Anyway...stick to this great idea guys, I'll support it as much as I can 'cause it's just great...but you got to work a lot to get this running. It won't be an easy task. ;)

RJ O'Connell
25th January 2009, 08:28 PM
France will be the "Group of Death".

yeldar2097
25th January 2009, 08:59 PM
uraguay eh? in that case i may have chance at the dutch team if djmaniac goes for that, even if it does destroy the pace of the dutch team. better get practicing...

SaturnReturn
25th January 2009, 10:11 PM
...i'm also rather partial to frikandel speciaal. ... one condition; orange while you race.

Orange always, even in the office on casual fridays :D It's just a shame my clogs don't fit me any more. I'm not a huge fan of the frikandel, prefer the Nederlandse kroketten. Also, stop being so modest, you're giving me an inferiority complex. Besides, if the world cup ends up anything like EPSILON's ASTRAL tournaments then it will be more about survival than pace.

EPSILON
25th January 2009, 10:28 PM
The least we can say is that the idea of organizing a World Cup is far from indifferent and let the contrary would have surprised.

I'm very Proud to collect as much enthusiasm.

But talking specifically :

1/ In fact, The first step is to Know Which countries are participating in this event !

Off course, England sure (tell me how many racers would join the Worldcup) France too (Idem), Australia (idem), Netherland (idem), Japan (???), etc...

To Simply, it was a good thing to Choose Country spokeman, a man who represent the country and tell the number of team (4 racer/Team)

2/ Organization :

once the first step is completed, we will organize the pool for different races and playoff qualifiers. then the 16th final, 8th Final, quarter-final etc ...
I can make a Board like Football World Cup.

But first of all I would like to know precisely the teams of each country and the names of the pilots. After we notify ^^

Sorry for my bad english again, i try my best and google traduction is not the best :beer

Ps For example the list of French Racers :

- Kanar
- EPSILON
- Nyctalopian
- Spoon
- Kaori
- Leungbok
- Kingheim
- AKRO2
- Kut59
- Le_trou_noir
- Wotan
- Expitarius
- Sami_fr
- Spartiate
- R-13A

etc....I think you can create 2 Team/country (TeamFR1, TeamFR2)

@Kanar : Explain me your teaser idea ^^

SaturnReturn
25th January 2009, 10:49 PM
Perhaps it would be good for this to have it's own board, either within the zone forums or external. It definitely requires more than one thread to organise properly I think. Either it's own board with an individual thread for each team where players can register etc - or maybe the other teams should create a social group as per Team England, Team France, etc. This would seem sensible as a few teams already exist.

EPSILON
25th January 2009, 11:08 PM
Sure SaturnRetrun, but not impossible ^^

Also, I can create few thread on Play3-live Forum, One thread/Country. but i hope we find a other solution ;)

blackwiggle
25th January 2009, 11:47 PM
Well that would be up to each country to make it's own group message board within the zone forum,which most of the larger areas have already.

If a particular area has the ability to divide into smaller,separate entities,[say team ANZAC wants to have a Australian and a New Zealand team ]they should keep those under the same banner,otherwise I can see a lot of sections opening up that will ultimately end up as dead spaces within the teams forum after the event.
Team UK,with England ,Scotland,Wales...Ireland?

With the teams that have a high amount of pilots,ok ,have a team "A" and "B",but make it so that ONLY team "A" is in the actual WC,let all the "B' teams fight out their own sub tournament,otherwise it's it's like having an extra attempt over the other countries and that is clearly not fair.

So whats needed is IMHO.

1]Each individual country has a spokes person,they are in charge of their country and all trials/race offs to decide their team[s]

2]A time frame to allow the gathering together and final choice of each countries team[s] [allowing racing time]

3]A "HEAD" of the WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT [a Seth Blatter] who will
[a]Conduct the draws to see who plays who.
[b]If the country is either home or away[home decides final racing time [within reason] and hosts]
All this could be video captured and posted on YOUTUBE.

4]Have a clearly defined set of rules that all agree on regarding possible technical/default situations that might occur.
Players not showing up/waiting time allowed before compulsory start,servers going down ,etc.

5]Decision on possible penalty situations [I'm sure somebody will come up with something] and what/how that penalty will be carried out.

6] If team colours are to be used [away team decides if they want to race in CHROME or not,other team have to abide this call]

Those are just a few rudimentary ideas that I think would need to be taken into consideration.:lol

EPSILON
26th January 2009, 12:14 AM
Fisrt i need a Translator :lol Anybody ?

You're right ! Your rudimetary idas are Fondamental.

1] Ok, This spokes person is more simply if we had some organization problem or questions etc...

2]I'm not sure to correctly understand your post. You talk about time before the race where the pilot come to the wipeoutRoom (windows who host can select track and the other the craft) ?
About time, If the Race start at 21HOO (GMT Paris), pilot waits 10 Minutes max, PS3 message can tell or invite absentees.

3] save the races with VIDEO is a great way to review the courses (In ASTRAL, SaturnReturn Record it ^^) and especially to show other teams weaknesses and strengths of each and to entertaint ;)

4] I Work on it.

5] Idem 4]

6] Personnal Country Skin would be excellent but it's just a dream ^^ WipeoutHD can't. But the Wipeout HD SKin must be Free, each country choose simply.

TheFrostE
26th January 2009, 01:56 AM
Il jump in for the US team :D

blackwiggle
26th January 2009, 05:03 AM
Here is what I have just posted at the Aus/NZ Playstation forum.
Anybody that might be trying to muster a team together might want to word it like this in thier own tounge to gather interest.

There has been very little input from Wipeout HD players at this forum since before Xmas.

I just wanted to give a general HEADS UP to all those that might of just recently got the game and to those who have been busy racing but not posting.

There is a Wipeout HD WORLD CUP being organised [There is a REAL TROPHY going to the winning team]

This will be an yearly event with the trophy passed on [or kept] by the winning team.

It is being organised by the WIPEOUTZONE.

This website for all things wipeout has been going since 2002 and has many of the Top Studio Liverpool design team as forum members,quite a few members have helped in the design and playability of the game you are playing now.

A general call to arms for a TEAM AUSTRALIA and a TEAM NEW ZEALAND

What we are asking is for anybody that is interested,knows somebody that might be,has raced somebody that could be, eligiable to race for either of these teams.

It is in early stages of organisation ATM.

We are looking for pilots,speed class does not matter [I'm assuming that a team can be mustered for each speed class from each nation]

A trial competition will be organized by the head of the individual nations to determine which racers race for their countries and at which speed level [a contest within a contest]

This will determine the final team selection that will play in the WORLD CUP.

Don't be shy,a good plazma bolt up the ring of the person infront can win you the race,so can a gravity wave decimate the front running field just before you pass them by to take the win.

Please direct any interest in this tournament by becoming members of the wipeoutzone and mentioning this thread as an introduction in the "Pilots Lounge" area of the forum.

Hope to see you there,the more the merrier.

Link Below.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/index.php

Darkdrium777
26th January 2009, 06:18 AM
Which doesn't make sense, at all :lol

blackwiggle
26th January 2009, 06:37 AM
Can you sort it then please as I know you type French 777.
I'll delete the above and show a thread that I have just started at the AUS/NZ Playstation forum instead.
How to get others involved and make it HUGE.
We should have a WC for each speed ,then a lot more would be interested.
Well that's what I've alluded to so we get a bigger reaction.
Organizing that won't pose any more problems than just Phantom speed.

OBH
26th January 2009, 10:23 AM
what an excellent idea!
you could get so many zoners in one event.

im all for this :g

blackwiggle
26th January 2009, 11:33 AM
Just make it a practice of telling every person on your "Players Met" list that this comp is happening.
My usual one ATM has been.[I have wipeoutzone.com entered into my dictionary so I don't have to type it each time]

Wipeout world cup
Join the wipeoutzone.com and check it out.

Got 2 bites out of 7 so far.:lol

Wellington86
26th January 2009, 04:42 PM
It looks like your idea has gone down well EPSILON, which is good, because I think it's a great idea.

Lol at getting a real trophy. The winners will have to agree upon a period that they can each display it in their trophy cabinets :lol.

Darkdrium777
26th January 2009, 08:06 PM
Post of blackwiggle, in Francais pl0x :D

Les pays participants devraient créer leur propre section dans le forum (NDLR: Groupes sociaux / Social groups), certains pays l'ont déjÃ* fait.

Si une région particulière désire se diviser en plus petits groupes (Par exemple la team ANZAC désire se diviser en Australie et Nouvelle Zélande), je pense qu'elle devrait quand même rester sous la même bannière, sinon beaucoup de sections risquent de s'ouvrir dans le forum et pourraient ne servir Ã* rien une fois la compétition terminée (NDLR: Les groupes sociaux peuvent être fermés par le créateur je pense / Social groups can be close by the creator I believe)

Avec les équipes qui ont un grand nombre de pilotes, la subdivision en équipe A et équipe B est possible, sauf que seule une des deux équipes devrait avoir la possibilité de participer Ã* la compétition, l'autre équipe participerait dans son propre sous-tournoi, autrement c'est injuste pour les pays qui n'ont pas le même nombre de pilotes.

Ce qui est nécessaire IMHO:

1) Chaque pays a une personne affectée Ã* la gestion de l'équipe, cette personne s'occupe des courses de qualification et d'essai lors de la formation des équipes.

2) Un horaire acceptable pour réunir les pilotes des équipes et permettre aux courses de se dérouler.

3) Un chef de la coupe qui doit:
a) décider de ce qui se produira lors des égalités
b) décider si le pays est ''visiteur'' ou ''local'', local décidant de l'horaire des courses (De façon raisonnable) et les hôtes des sessions
Tout pourrait être capturé en vidéo et posté sur Youtube.

4) Avoir des règles bien définies et que tout le monde a accepté advenant des situations exceptionnelles, comme des joueurs ne se présentent pas aux courses, etc.

5) Décisions sur des pénalités possibles et comment ces pénalités seront mises en application.

6) Si des couleurs d'équipe doivent être utilisées (Comme l'équipe ''visiteur'' courant en skin chromé, ou pas, etc.)

Ce ne sont que quelques idées qui je pensent devraient être considérées :lol

And Lance, if you ever come back, I hope you don't mind mistakes I might have made in the translation.

And here's a quote for you:

:g

blackwiggle
27th January 2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks Darkdrium777 your a legend. +1:+:+:+

KIGO1987
27th January 2009, 10:35 AM
Oh dear an entire post like that all in French. Lance will **** you over side ways for sure if he where to see that along with your other post on the other thread, lol.

Luxoflux
27th January 2009, 08:29 PM
Great idea EPSILON. Ill be joining the the dutch team for sure. And beware, Were going to take this one ;)

yeldar2097
27th January 2009, 08:45 PM
fighting talk from luxoflux...with you all the way my dutch amigo!

EPSILON, if you need any help spreading the word i'll help. just let me know.

Lance
27th January 2009, 09:09 PM
Oh dear an entire post like that all in French. Lance will **** you over side ways for sure if he where to see that along with your other post on the other thread, lol.

Lance has seen these posts and taken notes for future reference. :g :evil

OBH
28th January 2009, 11:52 AM
im making a trailer for this seeing as my internets still down.
Thisll be huge!!

and no flying dutchmen will be taking england down! :g

EPSILON
28th January 2009, 12:02 PM
Maybe French osama bin haydn, Maybe :g

@Yeldar2097 : Thanks, it's very cool !

blackwiggle
5th February 2009, 01:42 AM
This needs to be [I hate to sound like a 2 bit group motivator] ,but some "Pro Active" people, driving to get each team mates to race for each country.

I see nothing of the kind ATM.

Don't let this lapse into a non event.

It needs participation from the forum members to get this thing happening.

A PUSH is needed.

Do IT.

kaori
5th February 2009, 08:31 AM
lol I am motivated but I'm french too, I like to know if France is allowed to have two teams or not, and what happens for UK team / England Team / Great Britain Team (same question for Connavar's ranking website)?

rdmx
5th February 2009, 08:51 AM
They'd have to be on the same side of the draw so there isn't two french teams facing off against each other in the final - that'd just be anticlimax :P

kanar
5th February 2009, 08:55 AM
Kaori, I think it's better to have at least 5 substitutes (and a team of around 9 players). We all have a real life & obligations. Regarding the teams involved, maybe we could start the process by creating national teams in the social group, like the flying dutchmen & Italy did recently. Of course INFAXSU should leave the ANZAC team & join a future TEAM USA lol (some kind of pilot migration/social group clarification is needed) I've heard a Japanese team is on its way, sounds good. But sadly, we have a real life to manage too.:|

JJPAP
5th February 2009, 10:30 AM
For Blackwiggle:
Yeah, you´re right. Something has to happen. (I think Epsilon´s idea is too brilliant to be forgotten).
At the moment we´re trying to put together a Team Nordic (at the moment participants from Finland, Sweden and Denmark - check out the user-created group Team Nordic if you´re interested).
Zoners from Norway, Iceland and Faroe Islands are more than welcome too.
This World Cup-event could be perfect if a lot of countries participate.
Uptill now, I´ve seen only France, England and The Netherlands start talking about making teams.
Where´s Germany, USA, Canada, Italy, Spain, South Africa, etc.?
User-created groups are a a good place to start "collecting" racers, making country/area-specific race-sessions and - when the time comes - make selections on who will participate on the team for the specific country/area.
By the way: Is there any way to do a search on member-nationality at wipeoutzone?

RedScar
5th February 2009, 02:43 PM
If Canada needs some racers then add me in. School still take priority but just give me a time and place and I should beable to make it.

OBH
7th February 2009, 02:50 AM
A good start would be a massive list of what nationality people are so we know whos who.

KIGO1987
7th February 2009, 03:06 AM
Kaori, I think it's better to have at least 5 substitutes (and a team of around 9 players). We all have a real life & obligations. Regarding the teams involved, maybe we could start the process by creating national teams in the social group, like the flying dutchmen & Italy did recently. Of course INFAXSU should leave the ANZAC team & join a future TEAM USA lol (some kind of pilot migration/social group clarification is needed) I've heard a Japanese team is on its way, sounds good. But sadly, we have a real life to manage too.:|

Yes. My Uni year starts in a few weeks. Gotta concentrate more this time round. Everyone will need to talk about what times suit each other around there real life timetables.

Yes Blackwiggle. Enthusiasm is needed here, alot for this even to start snowballing.

We need a chatbox on WipeoutZone like in WipeoutArena so its alot more easier to organise times for these sort of events.

INFAXSU you can piss off to the US again. lol. He should create a USA social group while he still can have the opportunity to be the Social Group leader, before someone else gets the opportunity.

So what teams do we currently have? Correct me on this so we can get an idea as a whole of how many teams will participate;

Team France
Team England (Team Britian, Team UK???)
Team ANZAC, features Australia and New Zealand
Team Nordic
Team NAWTY (maybe it can be segregated into 2 teams, 1 USA, 2 Canada)
Team Japan
Team Miscellaneous (The one or two races from the lesser Wipeout populated nations can congrigate together to make one universal team, like that guy from China, the one from South America and Swift from South Africa)

Mad-Ice
7th February 2009, 05:34 AM
Well in your post you copied two teams which are not in your list!

The flying Dutchmen are preparing their races to form the fastest team out there :banzai;) We will have substitutes too!

Proposal:

To determine the fastest racers of a country, I think you'll have to fly all tracks from HD with weapons on and with weapons off. So in total you will fly 32 races which will give you your total points. The 4 fastest pilots will form the country team.

If all the teams are formed we can choose to let all the teams fight each other or we can make pools of teams, just like in football.

Because it is the first time we are going to arrange this world wide tournament I think every team should have equal changes to fight all other teams and not being eliminated at once when they fight the dutch team ;)

Greetz Mad-Ice

EPSILON
7th February 2009, 07:44 AM
Actually we can begin the national selection :banzai

12 Races Weapons should suffise, We can also include 12 Races no Weapons but I think 3 Rounds of 12 courses with weapons would be ideal, The 4 Fatest pilots become the Official Team of a Country, the others pilots become substitutes of the Official Team.

For example, In France, We have Many Pilots betwenn Wipeout ArEna and Play3-live, We can Organize a Tournament to Begin this national Selection.

At the end, we communicate here the result of this qualification by a Official List a 4 Fastest Country Pilots and the others Substitutes too.

it would be best to give a timely for this Selection, Beginning of March the national selections must be completed and posted on this thread.

KIGO1987
7th February 2009, 08:41 AM
Well in your post you copied two teams which are not in your list!

Which ones are they? Most of these teams on this list are official as well as there are some unofficial ones also, which are a suggestion. Just changed the list then. Now what other teams are still out there? It'll good to have an even number of teams.

Right here is the list again, with new edit:

Team ANZAC (Official)
Team Canada (Suggestion)
Team England (Official)
Team France (Official)
Team Flying Dutchmen (Official)
Team Japan (Suggestion)
Team Nordic (Official)
Team Miscellaneous A (Suggestion)
Team Miscellaneous B (Suggestion)
Team USA (Suggestion)

Let me know of ideas or changes, so this list can be constantly updated.

djKyoto
7th February 2009, 08:50 AM
In all honestly, I could see france and maybe one or two other nations needing to do this, getting four in the first place in reality is the first task.

Aka-sho
7th February 2009, 08:58 AM
TEAM Japan enters WipEout World Cup 2009.

the list of Japanese Racers :

- Aka-sho
- hn9354
- reach-big7
- ossama
- regate-nikoras
- rerealm
- EdelWeiss
- heinz-ketchup

* Japanese Racers real life time table.

Aka-sho - I wish after 22 pm Friday, to 23 pm Sunday. (Japan - GMT+9)
reach-big7 - He comes to online at midnight.
EdelWeiss - Substitute pilot. He is busy from February to April.
heinz-ketchup - Substitute pilot. He is skillful Rapier class racer.

I and hn9354 are recruiting the member of a Japanese team, and try to make it finally two Japanese team.

We love WipEout all over the world! :)

Aka-sho.

WipE'out'' Japanese fan site.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/

KIGO1987
7th February 2009, 09:06 AM
Nations that have more than 4 good players could always have 1 or more of there players going into the Miscellaneous along with a few mixtures. That could keep people happy;)

Mad-Ice
7th February 2009, 09:44 AM
12 Races Weapons should suffise, We can also include 12 Races no Weapons but I think 3 Rounds of 12 courses with weapons would be ideal, The 4 Fatest pilots become the Official Team of a Country, the others pilots become substitutes of the Official Team.

Together those races are 36, so even more then I suggested and in this way you have to some tracks more then others. Still I think to find the fastest pilots of the world is to fly every track two times in total 32 races. 16 with weapons on and 16 with weapons off.

At KIGO: In your first post you forgot: The Flying Dutchmen and The Italien Flyers

KIGO1987
7th February 2009, 11:19 AM
At KIGO: In your first post you forgot: The Flying Dutchmen and The Italien Flyers

****.... i though i forgot something, the list again.

Team ANZAC (Official)
Team Canada (Suggestion)
Team England (Official)
Team France (Official)
Team Flying Dutchmen (Official)
Team Italian Flyers (Offical)
Team Japan (Official)
Team Nordic (Official)
Team Miscellaneous A (Suggestion)
Team Miscellaneous B (Suggestion)
Team Russia/East Europe (Suggestion)
Team USA (Suggestion)

EPSILON
7th February 2009, 11:58 AM
Together those races are 36, so even more then I suggested and in this way you have to some tracks more then others. Still I think to find the fastest pilots of the world is to fly every track two times in total 32 races. 16 with weapons on and 16 with weapons off.

Ok no problem, 16 Races With Weapons and 16 Races weapons off, Perfect !

I tell to Kanar and Kaori to Organize this Qualification.

@Kigo1987 : Perfect job ;) so we have 12 Official Country for this Wipeout Worldcup 2009 (for the moment)

@Aka-sho : Good news, Japan love Wipeout, France Love Japan ^^

OBH
7th February 2009, 12:45 PM
i dont like the idea of countries battling themselves to determine the team. not everyone is available at same time anyway.

countries should have a squad of 4 / 8 or 9 pilots and pick amoung themselves whos playing.

if countris like FRA or ENG have too many players split them up. im half scottish, and would proudly be in a team GB if we have many other scottish or irish pilots :) if sure you french have some heritage elsewhere.

we should have a league then knockout (ie football world cup) so each team can have a good number of races before people start getting knocked out.

world tournaments are rarely settled in one day, and thisll be fantastic. im happy to built up points over the days and add more tension

stin
7th February 2009, 12:52 PM
yes, we have few scottish players but not much!

stevie:(

EPSILON
7th February 2009, 01:33 PM
i dont like the idea of countries battling themselves to determine the team. not everyone is available at same time anyway.

countries should have a squad of 4 / 8 or 9 pilots and pick amoung themselves whos playing.

if countris like FRA or ENG have too many players split them up. im half scottish, and would proudly be in a team GB if we have many other scottish or irish pilots :) if sure you french have some heritage elsewhere.

we should have a league then knockout (ie football world cup) so each team can have a good number of races before people start getting knocked out.

world tournaments are rarely settled in one day, and thisll be fantastic. im happy to built up points over the days and add more tension

We try to find a better solution to select the best pilots to represent country but nothing is definitve, everything remains to be done ;)

kaori
7th February 2009, 02:10 PM
I think each team should do how it want to select its players.
Choose a captain / a coach, or call him how you want.

KGB
7th February 2009, 03:57 PM
This idea sounds great, but along with a few others i agree that we need to include all the best pilots around. I would of thought France could make three very good teams alone, it would be a shame not to include them somehow. Could France not be split into regions. i.e North, south and so on.:|

EPSILON
7th February 2009, 04:02 PM
Yes KGB it was a real problem :|

I know I can't selected in the 4 best pilots and even if I would race I can't....

Hellfire_WZ
7th February 2009, 09:00 PM
Regions would be best I think, gives everyone a fair whack.

KIGO1987
7th February 2009, 09:14 PM
Sub catagories, yes good idea. Divide by north south east or west of region, or by states of the country.

BTW EPSILON there are 12 teams in total (thats the idea), but out of the 12, 7 are official. the other 5 are uniofficial and are subjected to change, by name and type, etc.

This idea is starting to take off which is good.

SaturnReturn
7th February 2009, 09:48 PM
Personally I'm not so convinced about having multiple teams for countries with lots of good players. Yes France has enough excellent racers to field many excellent teams divided by region, but if one country does this then all others could do the same. Surely this stops being a World Cup if it becomes Alsace-Lorraine vs. Bretange. For that reason I would prefer to see b-teams that play against each other if there is enough interest.

I do however support the idea of miscellaneous teams. Otherwise it's possible that some of the best players in the world from a particular country may be left out.

I agree with kanar that it might be better to have a squad of 8/9 and a team of 4. This way there should be more availability and the whole thing should come off a bit better. Let's not forget the trouble that people have connecting sometimes. This could ruin the whole thing if there wasn't a standby player ready.

I also think it shouldn't be pushed too quickly. Clearly a lot of organisation is involved.The first step in my opinion should be for each country to declare itself as a willing participant, along with the number of players ready to participate and a team captain/spokesman, as blackwiggle suggested. This should have a deadline. Then it can be decided what should happen for countries with lots of players. The captains can then discuss what format the competition should take and come to agreement across all the teams. The same thing for rules etc - discussion, then agreement. Agreement will be key.

For me I still think that organising this will require more than one thread. I think one for registration (and possibly also arranging dates once registration is complete), one for discussing rules amongst captains and one for results once the whole thing kicks off. That would be the minimum for me. Otherwise I think there will be too many voices to be heard and information will get buried in one huge thread. If this forum wants to be the home of the World Cup then it has to support it fully, with sticky threads etc. If not then a dedicated forum might be necessary.

I'm not the one organising the whole thing so, EPSILON, feel free to ignore everything I've said. That's just the stuff that I see being important to make it easier to organise.

KIGO1987
7th February 2009, 10:10 PM
I also think it shouldn't be pushed too quickly. Clearly a lot of organisation is involved.The first step in my opinion should be for each country to declare itself as a willing participant, along with the number of players ready to participate and a team captain/spokesman, as blackwiggle suggested. This should have a deadline. Then it can be decided what should happen for countries with lots of players. The captains can then discuss what format the competition should take and come to agreement across all the teams. The same thing for rules etc - discussion, then agreement. Agreement will be key.

Spot on. Organisation is needed here, and alot of it too. Timezones, players inc. etc.

EPSILON
7th February 2009, 11:43 PM
@SaturnReturn : I'm not the one, you, all players and organizer like Kanar or Kaori etc...it will be thanks to you all, if this event occurs.

And you're right, we must take time for this Worldcup, Competition that will be planned and organized way of concrete will be more addictive and perfect, and it is left to be a great adventure :banzai

ps : It's not Bretange mais Bretagne, and you win ^^ Lot of BZH Wiper here :pirate (Nyctalopian, Wotan, Spoon, Me etc....)

Asymeel
8th February 2009, 12:21 AM
I just came back from vacation and I see a wonderful post giving idea of organizing a Windows HD worlcup !
I totally support your ideas !
You can add me in the french team :)

Concerning the numbers of teams, why not creating teams simply defined by a static amount of players per pool.
An example:
We define 6 players per team:
If there are 24 french players, there will be 4 french teams.
And we do the same for all the same for all the other countries.
it would avoid that some good players would be disqualified too quickly.
Just an idea...

SaturnReturn
8th February 2009, 12:35 AM
@SaturnReturn :
ps : It's not Bretange mais Bretagne, and you win ^^ Lot of BZH Wiper here :pirate (Nyctalopian, Wotan, Spoon, Me etc....)

Fine then, Brittany it is :p. Just kidding - it was obviously a typagraphical errer becuase my speeling is inpeccable.;)

EPSILON
8th February 2009, 12:42 AM
The "Little Brittany" was a country no ? ;)

I'm agree with you we can create Different country Team (ex : French Team A, French Team B etc...) and the captain select one of these Team to race one of these Official WorldCup race, simple but tactical ^^

NEW : WIPE MORE ! WIPEOUT HD WORLD CUP 2009

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16

Darkdrium777
8th February 2009, 08:02 AM
How 'bout this for the "too many pilots not enough spots":

Do a tournament ladder between all of these pilots, first four bests are selected for the team, the rest well they're backups (In order of finish of course) if the first four can't make it at a specified date and the face off between two countries cannot be pushed back.

EDIT: Rob, if you see this: upgrading the forum software will allow for multiple "Discussion" threads to happen in the same social groups, thus facilitating the organization of such events within this forum. :)

KGB
8th February 2009, 10:51 AM
Concerning the numbers of teams, why not creating teams simply defined by a static amount of players per pool.
An example:
We define 6 players per team:
If there are 24 french players, there will be 4 french teams.
And we do the same for all the same for all the other countries.
it would avoid that some good players would be disqualified too quickly.
Just an idea...

I think this is a very good idea, it just seems wrong to penalize the bigger country's that have more players, It isn't France's fault it is full of great pilots, if two French teams got to the final it would be because they are the best and deserved to win. (they won't though, because it would be two English teams battling it out :lol).

Any players without a team could join up with friends and form a European/World team.

OBH
8th February 2009, 11:17 AM
Do a tournament ladder between all of these pilots, first four bests are selected for the team, the rest well they're backups (In order of finish of course) if the first four can't make it at a specified date and the face off between two countries cannot be pushed back.

i dont think that would work. plus as many partisipants as possible will make this better.

i think team A / B etc would be best. evenly split up the talent in one nation .

EPSILON
8th February 2009, 11:39 AM
i dont think that would work. plus as many partisipants as possible will make this better.

i think team A / B etc would be best. evenly split up the talent in one nation .

Exactly, I'm Agree too, I think this the best solution to join up to maximum pilot.

SaturnReturn
8th February 2009, 12:15 PM
osama bin haydn - When you refer to Team A and Team B, are you thinking 2 teams of the same skill level competing in exactly the same competition?

When I refer to an A-Team and B-Team I'm thinking along the lines of A having France's best 4 pilots and B having France's 4 second best pilots, with the 2 teams in separate tournaments. To me a World Cup simply means the very best from your country representing everyone in the nation against the very best from another country. Also, I just think to go through all this and see a France vs. France final would be a big anti-climax. Then again, this is all just from my narrow minded POV. I suppose you could easily avoid that by making sure 2 teams from any one nation would face each other in an early knock out stage. That could work. That way if France reach the final then it would definitely be with their best team. But I still think this should only be if they have 16 players who want to join in or something, i.e. so that they have backups ready.

Also, if you consider qualification for your nation a part of the World Cup competition itself, then just by trying to make the team you are taking part in this World Cup - just a thought as this is probably how things will go for me.

OBH
8th February 2009, 03:17 PM
true. qualification for the team adds an interesting dynamic.

Mad-Ice
8th February 2009, 04:57 PM
Hi all,

I have read all the ideas in this thread about how we should organise the World Wipeout HD Tournament 2009. This is my proposal how we can divide all the points in a fair system between all the country teams. So we will find out the fastest country team of the world in Wipeout HD.

Listen up, because some countries will have more then 1 team, we can fight in divisions just like the EWC rules. So each country will do their own qualifier rounds to find out which team will fight in DIVISION 1 and which team will fight in DIVISION 2 and maybe even a DIVISION 3. This means DIVISION 1 will be the biggest and fastest DIVISION because only 1 team from every country will participate in this DIVISION.

DIVISION 2 will be somehow smaller because not every country can deliver two teams. DIVISION 3 will be even smaller and so on.

All teams will race all tracks with weapons on and with weapons off, in total 32 races. They will race in tours consisting of 4 tracks, for every tour each team in DIVISION 1 will receive (96 points) at the start. DIVISION 2 will receive (64 points) at the start. DIVISION 3 will receive (32 points) at the start. Points earned in the tours combined with all the starting points will give the total points of the tournament and a placement within the tournament table.

All the pilots get a chance when they are racing to qualify for the fastest team for their own nation. If the fastest team of their nation is formed then they will fight for the highest honors. So every qualification is already part of the World Wipeout HD tournament 2009.

Reserve players: After the qualifier rounds in every country we know who are the 4 or 8 or even 12 fastest pilots of a nation. We have to know in which order they are fast. Like from fastest number 1 pilot up onto number 12. So the reserve players for DIVISION 1 are the 2 fastest pilots from DIVISION 2. The reserve players for DIVISION 2 are the number 3 and 4 fastest pilots of DIVISION 1 and the 2 fastest pilots from DIVISION 3.

Breakdown of the point system in the best and worst situations:

DIVISION 1, a tour consisting of 4 tracks and 2 country teams

1st place: 32 points earned in the tour + 96 DIVISION points=128
2nd: 24+96=120
3rd: 20+96=116
4th: 16+96=112
The red team wins a total of 476 points

5th: 12+96=108
6th: 8+96=104
7th: 4+96=100
8th: 0+96=96
The blue team wins a total of 408 points

DIVISION 2, a tour consisting of 4 tracks and 2 country teams

1st place: 32 points earned in the tour + 64 DIVISION points=96
2nd: 24+64=88
3rd: 20+64=84
4th: 16+64=80
The green team wins a total of 276 points

5th: 12+64=76
6th: 8+64=72
7th: 4+64=68
8th: 0+64=64
The yellow team wins a total of 208 points

If two teams have the same amount of points in the end. They have to race 1 tour of 4 tracks with weapons on and 1 tour of 4 tracks with weapons off.
The world cup will go to the DIVISION 1 champion, period.

Okay people what do you all think about this?

Greetz Mad-Ice

SaturnReturn
8th February 2009, 05:12 PM
Mad-Ice, I like you proposal for the most part but don't quite understand all of it. Are the starting points just a way of weighting the different divisions to give more importance to division 1 when counting totals? And when is the total counted? For example, if Team X only participates in Division 1 and wins it, I assume Team Y with 3 teams cannot count all their teams' points and be the winners. I think that is what you are saying but might have it wrong.

Mad-Ice
8th February 2009, 05:39 PM
Yes, starting points will give weight to the different DIVISIONS. The total points for more teams from 1 country is only counting together when at least the top three from DIVISION 1 is having the same amount of teams in DIVISION 2 and maybe even in DIVISION 3.

For example: England is having two national teams, 1 team is fighting in DIVISION 1 and 1 team in DIVISION 2. While French is having 3 national teams fighting in all 3 DIVISIONS. Only if England and French are first and second in DIVISION 1 the total points from their two teams will count together. The points from the French Team 3 will not count. I hope everything is clear?

SaturnReturn
8th February 2009, 06:03 PM
Yes, understood. I still think it should be one team per nation. But I understand the intention to not unfairly exclude people, and a proposal such as yours seems a reasonable way to do this while not giving any one nation an advantage over others.

Mad-Ice
8th February 2009, 06:21 PM
It is still 1 team per nation in DIVISION 1. Teams from DIVISION 2 can not earn more points then teams from DIVISION 1. So countries with only 1 team will have no disadvantages.

KGB
8th February 2009, 06:36 PM
Well thought out Mad-Ice.

We need to set this in stone so there can be no argument. Do we do decide amongst our selves who is in which division or do we qualify.

We should act soon as this could still take ages to organize Perhaps EPSILON should have the final say as it's his baby.

We may never agree on everything between us all so there will have to be compromise along the way.

Mad-Ice
8th February 2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks KGB, indeed it is EPSILON's baby! I think each country should be free to chose their way of qualifying!

KGB
8th February 2009, 07:06 PM
ok.

Do we need to list all countrys intending to participate HERE, or do we join Epsilons group and organise it from there. ( I can think for myself normally :lol but would like the majority to agree where this is happening).
There were not many members in Epsilons group ( http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16 )last time i checked maybe people don't know whats happening yet.

EPSILON
8th February 2009, 11:24 PM
@KGB1971 : It is not my baby ^^
I just propose a idea to create this Worldcup and create a logo, it is the Baby of all of you :=)

The Worldcup Group has been created last night so we have time to see in the futur the difference, I hope ^^ This group represent all pilots who wants to participate, to have all name with only 1 click.
if you want to organise it on this group Tell me, what do you think, Here or to the Worldcup Group ? (Question for all).

@Mad-Ice : I try my best to translate your post ^^
I find your Division Idea is Excellent but it make some problem too.

1- The country who have not several Team will be disadvantage. France - 3 minimum Team and another just one...

2- I'm agree with SaturnReturn, a Worldcup include the best National Wiper.

For example :

Division 1 : England Win, France loose
Division 2 : France Win, England loose
Divison 3 : France Win, England Loose

It means that the best team loose and they are saved by the other teams who are less strong.
Is it really representative of a World Cup?
it is a good concept to do this but is anybody agree with it ?

to conclude, your solution will play a maximum of pilots but unbalance countries have less pilots.

but maybe I misunderstood your post, my english is so catastrophic.........:blarg

OBH
9th February 2009, 01:55 PM
i can appreciate only wanting the cream of the crop for each nation, but then we'll either need the same 4 players each game ( with real life guaranteed to interfere ) or we'll have reserve players sitting around doing nothing.

i think divisions will work only if everyone agrees..... im not certain on this, but i dont think many british / french players would willingly want to compete outside the top tier.

Mad-Ice
9th February 2009, 05:00 PM
This rule below will only count when the first three or more places are filled with countries which have more then 1 team:

Everybody is speculating about winners and the possible final between French and England. The discussion about some countries are able to provide more really fast teams than 1 and wanting more then 1 team to participate in the World Wipeout HD Tournament wouldn’t be fair compared to other countries that can barely make a team of 4 fast pilots. This is why I created the DIVISIONS. It is safe to assume that the bigger countries with more fast pilots and therefore more fast teams will fight for the tops spots in all DIVISIONS. For example: in DIVISION 1 French is the winner and England is second but in DIVISION 2 England is the winner and French is second, we count the points together from the teams from both DIVISIONS and then we will find out who the total winner is.

I made this rule, because I got the feeling from a lot of pilots that they wanted more teams per nation in the top League. To be honest, I only made this rule to satisfy everybody, but I'd rather not use this rule and would only want 1 team per nation in DIVISION 1 and that this DIVISION 1 will give the fastest Wipeout HD team of the world.

1- The country who have not several Team will be disadvantage. France - 3 minimum Team and another just one...

2- I'm agree with SaturnReturn, a Worldcup include the best National Wiper.

For example :

Division 1 : England Win, France loose
Division 2 : France Win, England loose
Divison 3 : France Win, England Loose

It means that the best team loose and they are saved by the other teams who are less strong.
Is it really representative of a World Cup?
it is a good concept to do this but is anybody agree with it ?

to conclude, your solution will play a maximum of pilots but unbalance countries have less pilots.

but maybe I misunderstood your post, my english is so catastrophic.........:blarg

Eventhough my solution is having a maximum amount of pilots it will not unbalance countries with less pilots!

It is still 1 team per nation in DIVISION 1. Teams from DIVISION 2 can not earn more points then teams from DIVISION 1. So countries with only 1 team will have no disadvantages.

EPSILON
9th February 2009, 07:21 PM
Ok Made-Ice, this is my bad english translation :frown:

I made this rule, because I got the feeling from a lot of pilots that they wanted more teams per nation in the top League. To be honest, I only made this rule to satisfy everybody, but I'd rather not use this rule and would only want 1 team per nation in DIVISION 1 and that this DIVISION 1 will give the fastest Wipeout HD team of the world.

I think it is the only solution to have a REAL Worlcup on Wipeout HD. Off courses many pilots become substitutes but if I compare to Football, One team Represent the country but not all the best country Footballer...

SaturnReturn
9th February 2009, 08:15 PM
Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have an "official" registration thread, e.g. for individuals to state they want to take part and which team they want to play for (with a deadline for registration)? Then someone can compile the countries and we can look at miscellaneous teams and so on. A lot of people have expressed interest already I know, bur several people have options for which country they could play for. In addition, a lot of us are probably assuming that certain people will take part but they might not be available. I know there are the social groups, but these are kind of hidden on the forum.
I just think until there is a definitive list of participants we may be getting ahead of ourselves a bit.

KGB
9th February 2009, 08:22 PM
I hope this is fine with everyone.

Might as well start it off.

ENGLAND

kgb1971 ------ OLOuk ---------- Judas
Hellfire -------- Andybob35 ----- Peh-Hok
Greenix ------- Wellington ------ Axel
Amorbis ------- Lunar

FRANCE

EPSILON ------- Nyctalopian ------ Leungbok
Kanar ---------- Spoon56 -------- Asayyeah
Asymeel ------- Kingheim

SCOTLAND

Stin
Osama bin haydn ;)

PORTUGAL

Xtriko

CANADA

mjolnir74
Redscar
Darkdrium777

NETHERLANDS

Mad-ice
SaturnReturn
Luxoflux
AnErare

ANZAC

Blackwiggle
KIGO1987
djKyoto
trentdf

JAPAN

Aka-sho ------ suurenko
rerealm ------- ossama
hn9354

U.S.A

TheFrostE
cerium
feisar31
LOUDandPROUD

ITALY

alterego
il_NIK

NORDIC

Chaos80
JJPAP
Soccermums

Anyone interested post here and I'll update. It can be moved elsewhere if needs be.

blackwiggle
9th February 2009, 08:36 PM
How's this for an idea?

Each country to have one division 1 team who only plays the other countries division 1 teams.

If a country has too many players,rotate the players.
The countries like France ,England etc.

If a player plays in the first round of the division 1 round ,make it that they can't play in the next division 1 round,they can play in division 2 or 3.
Depending how many divisions each country has,they would have to play in each division before playing in division 1 again.
Likewise after playing in division 1 again,back through the lower divisions before again playing in Div 1.

Keep the divisions separate,you don't want a country with 4 or 5 players [only a division 1 team obviously] having to play another countries division 2 or 3 team.
What would be the point of that once it got to the knockout stages of the tournament?
Say there was an upset and one of the large nations division 1 teams got knocked out.
What are you going to do?
Say it's OK,they can still win the world cup because they still have Div 2 and 3 still in the tournament.
What would be the point of holding the W/Cup in the first place?

I don't see the points system working,mainly because of the sheer lopsided weight of numbers [racers] to some teams.
More division teams = more points it's as simple as that, no matter how you do the pointing system,the small teams just won't be competitive,and I don't think that's fair.

Mad-Ice
10th February 2009, 05:37 AM
At Blackwiggle: I do not understand your post?

What do you mean with small teams?

The point system will work fine! Countries with more teams will not have an advantage.

Each DIVISION will have a winner seperately. DIVISION 1 will be having the World Wipeout HD winner. The best and fastest team of the world.

DIVISION 2 will have a seperate winner too, but not the world champion of course and the points won't be added to the DIVISION 1 team.

There will be no knockout stage, because all teams will race eachother. So all teams from DIVISION 1 will race against eachother.

Also all teams from DIVISION 2 will race against eachother. And so on...

EPSILON
10th February 2009, 07:56 AM
@KGB1971 : Great, this is what I want, A List of Country Pilots to see in 5s the complete WorldCup Pilots Selection :+

For France you can register :

- Nyctalopian
- Spoon56

And I contact Kaori to have a list a Wipeout Arena Pilots who wants to come too ^^ (susch as Kingheim, Leungbok, Wotan, Expitarius and more) but don't register us, I want to have the confirmation before.

Good job KGB1971 :P

KGB
10th February 2009, 08:26 AM
I know people can see a problem with multiple teams from one country. But i still think it is the easiest and most simple way to do it. With a little bit of thought I'm sure by using a knock out system we can eliminate the possibility of two teams from the same country meeting in the final.

What if say we had 4 groups of 3 teams.
Each team plays the other in group once.
8 races with weapons 8 without.
Highest points from these races automatically goes through to next round.
That would mean 4 would go through.
The two next highest points scores who didn't go through automatically would also qualify.

That would then mean we had 6 teams.
They are split into another two groups of 3.
(if one country had more than 1 team through, then they should be put together in a group).
10 races with, 10 without.
Highest and second highest points go through again automatically.

That would give us 4 teams.
(if one country had more than one team through, then they should be put together in semi-final).
12 races with, 12 without.
winners through to final.

The Final
All 16 tracks with weapons, 16 without.

What do you think?

I'm sure something like this could easily work with more teams if needs be.
If i could of drawn it out and put it on here then i would of done it, but i haven't a clue how to do that. Someone could maybe do it or tell me how.
Mind you we are still short of players and teams.

alterego
10th February 2009, 12:23 PM
Hi All.

For Italy you can register 'alterego' (online 'alteregorr'), but I'm soooo lonely in this team! :(

I must/can call il_Nik, but inside the zone I don't know other Italian HD pilots....

read you soon
cdrom

ps I started TIF (The Italian Flyers) and inside the Zone the Team Italy, but as you can see, I'm the only member :(
The TIF is composed by Pure and Pulse Pilots for now.....I think...only me and il_Nik are the HD italian team. I must write some pm.....it's better..... ;)

blackwiggle
10th February 2009, 01:09 PM
alterego:
I have an Italian WOHD pilot that is very good on my friends list called LZRakaMAD.

I haven't seen him racing for a while [I think after he got Transcendence a few months ago he lost interest a bit],try shooting a friends request to him telling him he's needed for the world cup [he might have a few fellow countrymen that can help build a team Italy],and I'll message him saying that I know you from the Wipeoutzone.

MAD ICE: Well I must of read your original post suggesting the points system wrong,the way understood it the points from all of a countries divisions were going to be added together.
I'll reread it again and see if it sinks in this time.

Mad-Ice
10th February 2009, 05:15 PM
At Blackwiggle: I edited my post again. I deleted one of the rules which made a vagueness. I think it is much more clear now and ready to go if everyone agrees? Page 8 of this thread.

At KGB: if you are using groups and a knockout system, some teams might face a very strong team in the first few races. They will not have a chance against other teams to score more points. If we will use my rules every fastest country team will have the same chances and races every other team. This way we really get a very clear picture about how fast teams are compared to eachother.

SaturnReturn
10th February 2009, 05:41 PM
Mad-Ice's system works for me (in my head at least, I've not crunched any numbers on paper or anything). It seems like there is both the expilcit weighting that Mad-Ice mentions, and also the implicit weighting due to naturally having less teams in lower divisions. Less teams means less matches overall which means less points available. Therefore the scores for countries with teams in lower divisions will have a smaller effect and as such should only matter at all if the nations finishing first and second in Division 1 are extremely close on points at the end of it all (and both have teams in multiple divisions), which is how it should be.

If a nation with only 1 team in Division 1 finishes top, they win the World Cup.

This is on the basis that nations consider themselves to have multiple world class teams. That's a decision for each country/region to make itself.

That's how I understand it (I hope I'm not wrong or I will look sooooo stupid).

TheFrostE
10th February 2009, 05:58 PM
i am lonely as well :( i know there are more excellent USA Wipers other than me

KIGO1987
10th February 2009, 07:58 PM
Get INFAXSU and packetmons arses on to HD. They represent the US.

KGB
10th February 2009, 08:27 PM
I've no problem with your idea Mad-ice, just suggesting another way, there are always seeded teams in competitions, which are normally designed to see the best teams through to the final. If that's fair or not, i don't know.

I would of thought this would of eradicated the problem of which players were in which division, it might be conceived as a lower class. I will use France as an example again. Could you pick four of them to be in the top division and leave the others out. there is a wealth of talent there that shouldn't be ignored. I'm saying this as an English man that i would be happy for France to have 4 teams in the comp and England to have 2.

Just an idea mate thats all. :lol

I'm getting the feeling that we should just decide between the few people posting here and everyone else will probably go along with whatever is decided. I hope. :paperbag

Amorbis
10th February 2009, 08:30 PM
You can put me down for team England. I should be available whenever you need me.

I think both Mad-Ice's and KGB's ideas work great. Mad-Ice's idea of having multiple divisions will let everyone that wants to race be able to have a chance of competing in some form. Although the idea of knock out stages in some sort of final would work well, too. Teams with the most points were to compete in a knock out final somehow I don't know if I'm making much sense, but I'm trying to think of an idea of having the best of both ideas.

Feisar31
10th February 2009, 08:35 PM
I'm certainly interested, although I'm also wary about committing to something long-term like this.

I'm afraid I don't fully understand Mad-Ice's proposed system; I think the idea of divisions could work, but in my opinion the World Cup should go to the Division 1 champions, period. A different trophy could be awarded to the team with the most points across all the divisions. I just don't believe those points should be considered too representative since we don't know how many people from each country will even be interested or able to race in the lower divisions. In other words, skill may not be the biggest factor in determining those additional points.

We should also keep in mind that (as in any FPS clan) each team will need to have reserve players available. There are a million reasons why someone might not be able to make a race. If we use a system with rounds then the replacement players could simply move up from the lower division for that round; of course those players probably shouldn't race in both divisions in the same round.

Not to raise yet another issue, but I take it all the races would be 8 players, 2 teams of 4 versus 4? If so that's OK with me, but I do wonder whether that would necessarily be the best way. After all, Wipeout is not exactly a team game like football. I don't know what those other country vs. country tournaments were like: is it every man for himself? I would hate to have to think twice about using a quake. ;)

SaturnReturn
10th February 2009, 08:45 PM
To pick up on one of Feisar's points - I'd rather see 4 players per match. Close races between 8 players become a lag lottery IMO. Any 4 player races I've been in have seemed a lot fairer, still just as close, and generally more measured and tactical. But I'm sure that will be a hugely unpopular suggestion, and it's not so much the case for non-weapons races. If you did 2vs2 by splitting 4 man teams up between weapons races and non-weapons races then each country/team would have to make a tactical decision about who is the fastest and who are the best warriors. I like tactics!

So much to discuss/plan/agree etc.

KGB
10th February 2009, 09:04 PM
I may be dead by the time we agree on this.:lol

At the moment there are only three teams capable of putting out a team.

I will repeat: leave a message here and i will update the list

KIGO1987
10th February 2009, 09:25 PM
Put me down for team AUNZ. I should be available on the weekends, just PM me in advance to inform me. But its going to get busy for me in a few weeks time. But ill always make time for a bit of Wipeout here and there.

KGB
10th February 2009, 09:35 PM
Already entered you mate, you don't have a choice:lol

Ask your fellow countrymen if they want in please KIGO.

OBH
10th February 2009, 10:42 PM
heres an idea, not saying its best, but its different -

Rather than 2 teams of 4 in a race, have 4 teams of 2. Nations with fewer players can then get involved.

Play a few tornies over x number of weeks, and the top 2 teams go through.

Nations with bigger numbers are split into teams of 2, and placed in the same group, guarenteeing only half will qualify from round 1 ( another way would be creating the 2 teams AT THE END of round 1 based on the top 4 positions - pos.1 & pos.2, pos.3 & pos.4 ).

this is the only method i could think of to include every player in every race, and to include rivalries wthin nations :g

djKyoto
11th February 2009, 03:07 AM
Thats a pretty cool idea, teams of two.

Oh, add me for ANZAC, whatever.

Btw OBH, you better get your Head-to-Head Cup races done soon.

Mad-Ice
11th February 2009, 06:29 AM
I'm afraid I don't fully understand Mad-Ice's proposed system; I think the idea of divisions could work, but in my opinion the World Cup should go to the Division 1 champions, period.

We should also keep in mind that (as in any FPS clan) each team will need to have reserve players available. There are a million reasons why someone might not be able to make a race. If we use a system with rounds then the replacement players could simply move up from the lower division for that round; of course those players probably shouldn't race in both divisions in the same round.

Not to raise yet another issue, but I take it all the races would be 8 players, 2 teams of 4 versus 4? If so that's OK with me, but I do wonder whether that would necessarily be the best way. After all, Wipeout is not exactly a team game like football. I don't know what those other country vs. country tournaments were like: is it every man for himself? I would hate to have to think twice about using a quake. ;)

The world cup will go to the DIVISION 1 champion, period.

Reserve player yes. After the qualifier rounds in every country we know who are the 4 or 8 or even 12 fastest pilots of a nation. We have to know in which order they are fast. Like from fastest number 1 pilot up onto number 12. So the reserve players for DIVISION 1 are the 2 fastest pilots from DIVISION 2. The reserve players for DIVISION 2 are the number 3 and 4 fastest pilots of DIVISION 1 and the 2 fastest pilots from DIVISION 3.

To pick up on one of Feisar's points - I'd rather see 4 players per match. Close races between 8 players become a lag lottery IMO. Any 4 player races I've been in have seemed a lot fairer, still just as close, and generally more measured and tactical. But I'm sure that will be a hugely unpopular suggestion, and it's not so much the case for non-weapons races. If you did 2vs2 by splitting 4 man teams up between weapons races and non-weapons races then each country/team would have to make a tactical decision about who is the fastest and who are the best warriors. I like tactics!

So much to discuss/plan/agree etc.

Still we will all be in this so called lag lottery! With 4 pilots a team who are earning points it will be so close and exiting to race. It will be really working like a team, helping each other, with using weapons or not at the right time.

Rather than 2 teams of 4 in a race, have 4 teams of 2. Nations with fewer players can then get involved.

Play a few tornies over x number of weeks, and the top 2 teams go through.

Nations with bigger numbers are split into teams of 2, and placed in the same group, guarenteeing only half will qualify from round 1 ( another way would be creating the 2 teams AT THE END of round 1 based on the top 4 positions - pos.1 & pos.2, pos.3 & pos.4 ).

this is the only method i could think of to include every player in every race, and to include rivalries wthin nations :g

I like your idea about 4 countries in a tour. 2 players from each country! Eventhough it would mean less strategy to use your weapons. If there are 3 other players from your country on the track, you really have to think twice about when to use your weapons or not! I really like that too. However if we do 2 pilots a team, we will have less races, but we can use a knockout system like KGB suggested and the Division system of me.

OBH
11th February 2009, 12:00 PM
Do we really need "divisions" as such? it doesnt give all pilots a fair chance (or any chance at all to be honest!!) at competing for the highest honors.

I thought we should all enter round 1 on a totally level playing field, but filter the slowest into their own knockout system afterwards. Quality players, from any nation, shouldnt need to sit out, or be entered into a lower division just because of the numbers.

Mad-Ice
11th February 2009, 04:36 PM
At osama: All the pilots get a chance when they are racing to qualify for the fastest team for their own nation. If the fastest team of their nation is formed then they will fight for the highest honors. So every qualification is already part of the World Wipeout HD tournament 2009.

But anyway: I think we can discuss the rules untill the end of 2009, but we have to agree at one point in time. Maybe we have to make a pole on who's rules should be used?

I updated my rules on page 8.

lunar
11th February 2009, 05:27 PM
I`m not really involved in this, but this is how it looks to me: In any other World Cup, be it football, rugby, cricket or synchronized swimming, a nation enters one team which is made up of its best available players in order to see which nation can field the strongest team. Surely the Wipeout World Cup should be the same. You don`t get France B or England C in any other world cup because it`s an elite competition. If you get B and C teams its not really a world cup designed to find the best players, it`s an international tournament. I think it`s up to each country to decide its own selection process via competition if necessary. That way everyone gets a chance to play if they want it, but world cups are for the best players or they aren`t world cups. It`s supposed to be elitist. I wouldn`t have a hope of making any England or UK team, but c`est la vie, that`s the nature of such a competition. If I want to make the team I know what I have to do. Anyway I think if people are going to have a world cup that`s the only logical way to do it.

I might try and find some Italian heritage though. I always cheer for the Azzuri in football if England aren`t involved. Rom, does this count me as Italian if you are short of pilots? ;)

I`d also like to add that complex rules and tournaments probably won`t work. In online competitions its hard enough just getting two teams together at the same time to play each other in a one-off contest, nevermind anything more complex. So a simple and "elite" world cup is more likely to actually work. :)

il_NIK
11th February 2009, 05:54 PM
I might try and find some Italian heritage though. I always cheer for the Azzuri in football if England aren`t involved. Rom, does this count me as Italian if you are short of pilots? ;)

I`d also like to add that complex rules and tournaments probably won`t work... (SURE)

I love English football (better than the italians one, like all of us surely know!).

And

You're WELCOME in Italy and into Italian Team!! Obviously...

KGB
11th February 2009, 06:13 PM
I think I might struggle to get in the top four as well Lunar, that is why I'm frantically trying to find a way i can participate. :frown: :lol

In order to get the best pilots in each team we will have to decide amongst ourselves, which i don't have a problem with generally. As it stands at the moment though i wouldn't even say we have all of the ten best pilots in HD signed up for it, I'm trying to be pro-active and asking lots of people but there seems to be a slight reticence to come forward.

Maybe this World Cup as it stands won't get off the ground, perhaps it is best to just have teams of friends together, that way everyone who wants to play can. More of a clan type of thing.

We are not doing very well here are we. :lol

Mad-Ice: I really hope discussing the rules does not go on all year :brickwall. I thought we might of come to an agreement in the next week or so.

andybob35
11th February 2009, 06:22 PM
Hi all! Just my thoughts.. It should be the best 4 racers of each country. I know there some country's which have more than 4 racers, so they should decide amongst themselves who's in and who's out (mini tourney's if needed).

Best 4 players make the team and the rest become subs (granted some teams will have about 6-10 subs others just one or two) as im sure real-life events will take presidence.

@Team England: I would like to take part but i know that im not as consistent as i once was, thus greenix, wellyington should definitly be in. Im happy as a sub 4 the mo... although would love to win against a few country's/players (u know who u are :lol)

@Everyone else: Spread the word, IM, PSN etc. :nod

KGB
11th February 2009, 06:31 PM
Well i have added you to the list Andybob35 now. EDIT: I have added all of team England. Hope you don't mind.

If we could all agree on the 4 pilots per country thing then that would be great. I will go with the flow. Everyone has their opinions which are all valid.

Who knows how to start a vote?

The 4 best pilots OR Multiple teams. which is better. FIGHT!!!!!!

SaturnReturn
12th February 2009, 12:06 AM
EPSILON - I would suggest you take the lead. I know you want it to be everyone's Cup but there has to be someone in charge. It's your idea so I think it would be good if you could make some of these initial decisions. If you don't want to make the decisions alone then appoint a small group of people you trust to make decisions by democratic vote.

Unless decisions can be made, nothing is ever going to happen.

blackwiggle
12th February 2009, 01:51 AM
MAD ICE:
I have re read your proposal regarding the points system.
It makes sense to me now [relief]:lol

So basically this points system should be used in qualifying by each country to get a final ranking for each pilot that races during qualifying for their countries team.

These points [rankings] are then sent to the Word Cup organizers.
Then the WC organizers post a list for each county with those divisions and which racers are in DIV 1 DIV 2 etc and their ranking within that division.

OK,that makes sense.

Then the same points system can be used in the actual WC playoff's for when two opposing countries race against each other,in their respective divisions.

OK,that makes sense too.

I'll agree to that,it seems the fairest way to go about things.

Assuming all other countries agree to this format.

We would need to decide on a few other matters.
Firstly we need a head of tournament that has final decision and will rule on any disputes,preferably somebody not actually racing in the WC [LANCE perhaps]:cold

1]How will the draw go regarding which country plays which?

2]Who will decide what dates and times that these races occur?[it needs to be the governing body of the WC otherwise this tournament will take forever]
I propose a window over 4 days that each country has to decide between them which day/time to race,it must be completed within that time.

3]Who decides which country hosts these races [I propose one country hosts no weapons the other with] it evens the LAG situation up.

4]We need a rule regarding Defaults,[one country not being able to have enough racers for a particular event[subs are not available etc] when the other team has them all]

5]A secondary date for an event[agreed in advance between competing countries] in case the WOHD servers are down.

6]A list of who heads each countries team [this will save time in organization/messaging etc]

That's covers most situations I can think of ATM,except for one.

Will there be a GOLDEN THUMB award for the best individual pilot during the World Cup [WOHD equivalent of the Golden Boot]:lol

kanar
12th February 2009, 05:11 AM
Kaori, I think it's better to have at least 5 substitutes (and a team of around 9/10 players). We all have a real life & obligations. Regarding the teams involved, maybe we could start the process by creating national teams in the social group|

I still camp on that position, after reading some more posts here :

world cup process : phase 1:
-national teams created in the social group section.
phase 2:
-qualifying series for countries having more than 10 pilots.
-announcement of the selected team (1 to 10 pilots)
-(best hope 16 or 32 nations competing) : 4 or 5 officials/referees from different countries in order to fix the event agenda (Mad-Ice, blackwiggle, Epsilon... maybe?)

As you said Lunar, when I heard the words "world cup" I thought about (a team France) Asayyeah, Pirhapac, kingheim, wotan straight away... I mean elite pilots. I'm not even considering myself as a substitute lol. 10 pilots per team (after qualifying series/national selections) seems fair to me. I'm sure all the pilots in the team could at least make some races (coach decisions lol, in order to manage the best pilots conditions)

P.S we need to bring back AKfurtif (ubermall F, SL = 18.97!!!):banzai & daguet_rapide :piratehere (or at wipeoutArena) too, and France will be invincible LOL

OBH
12th February 2009, 10:15 AM
elitist it is then.
lets make a WZ torny for everyone at some stage :g

alterego
12th February 2009, 11:05 AM
Hi All.

....what a mess of ideas on the table!......acc!

Here's what I think about this Wipeout world championship.

I have the feeling that strictly following the division of nations would end up wasting lots of good pilots of those nations that have the most.

In a world where frontiers are and will increasingly be demolished, I hope, the world championships will be increasingly tied to the team rather than to nations.

A fact which is already clearly present in both the F1 than in football.

That said here's how I imagine the participants in this event.

There are pilots that bind to a team in the name of an ideal of friendship or simple choice, while maintaining their national identity.

Then at the end, there will be a winning team in points and a stronger pilot.
He will be the representative of his nation.

The teams are free to bind to a particular nation, they say, but the pilots, who are in no need to be in the same country of the team.

In this way we can have a lot of teams with simple rules of organization and constitution.

You have spoken of France 1 and France 2, as I think, it could fit without problems, because pilots are not within range of A or B, but only pilots who are together for friendship and free choice.

It's less important the level of all the pilots of the team, but the team itself!

It 'clear that if a team is composed of the four strongest riders in the world will be difficult for others to succeed beat.
As only a pilot wins the championship for his nation have within a team of this type a lot more rivalry and lack of cooperation with the hypothetical risk of a poor outcome as a team.

I imagine a team where coexist wellington and pirhapac .... try to imagine if they ever work together to make points to their team....maybe yes, but it's probably not...and this take advantage of the other pilots / teams in the race.

It's goal of all the strong riders to be part of a team with other pilots to help and not obstruct their path, as happens in F1 racing and cycling.

I am convinced that if we leave that to form the team freely without national ties get a better result and all the drivers that will be accepted on a team will have the opportunity to make something useful for the team itself.

I also thought of the simple rules constituting the team:

1) There is total freedom in creating the team, create the unique bond of Wzone social groups.

2) There is not a constraint on the number of pilots it employs. are obviously more difficult to manage the more the desire to participate.

3) When a team is created is elected got a coach / manager who will manage to participate in the final races of the championship.

It's clear that the manager will manage the pilots in the outcome of the team, but also in its strongest and most pilots who have the chance to win the world drivers for nations.

An ideal situation:
Team made up of 6 pilots with at least two elite and four strong gregarious. The competitions are made up of four riders at a time or two pilots of the team at a time. can be put in place strategies for the race as a team to assist the elite pilots to take more points as possible for the team and for themselves.

The programming of the races will be in the form teams in the tournament with a round and a return to give more opportunities to win different teams.

I expect it will be a championship rather long and divided on the basis of as many teams will participate.

will be made an initial entry to the championship that has a deadline beyond which you can not go.
may happen that during the championship that some drivers may be added to each team.

ok.....it's all for now.....but National team Italy it's forming now and we are in two....me and Il_Nik for sure, but i love to think that Lunar is with us! ;-)

Read You Soon
CdRom

kanar
12th February 2009, 12:22 PM
Of course Alterego, maybe we'll have to decide first if it's a nationality-based Wipeout world cup or the wipeout world championship with teams(/clans?) like in formula 1...

alterego
12th February 2009, 01:11 PM
Hi Kanar, hi all.

For me every formula fits well..... :)

.....only I see more smoothly organization in our reality in the second way, teams/F1 style.

Read You Soon
CdRom

Soccermom
13th February 2009, 03:28 AM
Seeing a ton of good ideas for the event in this thread :cake

I see a lot of talk about creating multiple teams, which seems like a good idea for countries like France and England - and should be entirely up to the individual country.

However, from my point of view (haven't discussed this in the team nordic social group), I hope Team Nordic will consist of all the members in that board and it will be my proposal that all of us gets a chance to represent the geographical zone (having a rotation in the team setup). Of course, it is easy for me to say, as our group is sufficiently small for it to work and we are more likely to be in a situation where it will be difficult to put up a full team :).
As I see it, there are plenty of events that cater to the "raw" competion aspect (Avalon etc...) and I really hope this event will be as much a social event as it will be fierce competition (then again, I am a softy).

On an entirely different note, how do those of you, that have participated in team events, train the use of weapons. I would assume, that there could actually be a significant tactical element to racing lines and weapons use, depending on where the rest of your team mates are placed in a specific race - especially since all positions counts.
When to quake, where to put mines, saving that missile to prevent Wellington from getting ahead even if it cost me my own life ;) etc...

Cerium
13th February 2009, 05:55 AM
Wow... That's a whole lot of text.

Whatever, I'm in. Just tell me where and when and I'll throw my ship down whatever track you guys want.

blackwiggle
13th February 2009, 09:01 AM
It's all gone pear shape,so it seems.

Unless a conclusion on how this event is sorted in the next week I will no longer be interested.

Please take the words to this song to heart

http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=the+weepies&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=6EGVSda1I4iO6gPO_Ki2Dg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

It's meant as everybody has an opinion for those that can't fathom it.

The "Let's Be Friends" Wipeout tribe call rings true.

OBH
13th February 2009, 10:27 AM
why must it be sorted this week??? theres a whole lot to sort out.

you make the decision then if your so impatient.

KIGO1987
13th February 2009, 10:37 AM
reading all these posts is making my head ****ing hurt. Bloody hell. This thread is an idea/concept with no time frame. Maybe a quite down period with some thinking time before we post again guys. We've got some good ideas. Which is good.

GTP_Rorschach
13th February 2009, 12:23 PM
I find myself agreeing with Kigo - where are we with this? I'm an Irish pilot, I know only a few others from this small land - should I gather the troops or are we going ahead without national boundries?

could someone provide a synopsis of the current staus of this World cup please?

KGB
13th February 2009, 08:26 PM
Rorschach: we are not really anywhere with it at this moment in time :frown:

We seem to of reached a point where we have to agree on a few things.

Is it going to be.

1, a 4 player team event (one team per country)
2, multiple teams from one country in one single tournament
3, multiple teams from one country in separate divisions
4, a clan type arrangement for friends of any country in one team
5, 4 pilots who use the same ship in a team

That's just to get the team set up........then

Are we

1, having one single tournament
2, having a division system
3, having one big league

And then we probably will discuss the intricate rules that will no doubt follow. If anyone noticed EPSILONS initial Post it did say Wipeout World Cup 2009 :lol. I still think we can easily get it organized and ready to go by early summer.

Also mate I could do a Haydn and claim Irish heritage on my mothers side if you are short of pilots (to be sure :))

kaori
15th February 2009, 12:38 PM
I speak for the first time here!

Here are some of my ideas:
- A long qualification phase for several months
- A final phase for one or two consecutive days

Phase of qualifications : 2 groups.
Meetings home & away, once home, once away, the home team will host 2 tournaments (one of 8 normal tracks and one of 8 reverse) : one phantom with weapons and one choosed by home team (from venom to phantom, with or without weapons).
Sum of the points of 2 tournaments, the winner gets 3 points, 1 point for the loser, 2 points each if equality. (I put one point for the loser to encourage them to play games even if they lack a player).

It is the teams who agree to an appointment to play their matches, and it will be a good idea to play home & away matches the same day. For the number of players, 4 against 4 at the base, if a team is at 3, she found a replacement, if not replacing, 4 against 3, the sum of points of all players. This avoids that a team can force another to play 3 because a player very good is absent.

It will set a deadline to play this qualification phase, if matches were not played, while the worse for the teams involved, they will lose points. However, if is really a team of bad faith does not argue its matches, for example, to penalize another team, like "it does not play against the French, so they will not score any points, :evil", and in this case, all these matches will be considered late lost package (0 points), and won by the opponent. This will be discussed of course with a jury.

This qualification phase will allow some nations to involve several teams. The teams of the same nation will be placed in the same qualifying group, only the first will be qualified for the finals. Others can be paid in a final phase B (called eg Nations Cup).

Final phase : the number of qualified depends on the number of teams at the beginning of the qualification. But I thought of 8 teams (it can also walk to 6). All tournaments will be armed!
The first 4 of each qualification group will be qualified, but only one team per nation, so if France and France B in the first 4, the lower will be replaced by the fifth or more, etc..
The teams will be ranked from 1 to 8 (or 6) according to their place and number of points during the qualifications. We will do a draw, the first teams 1 and 2 are separated in each pool, then 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8, to balance. When 2 teams that were in the same qualification are still in the final group, we stop the run and complete with teams from the other group qualifier, I don't know if you understand me, but it's in the aim to have 2 teams from each qualificatiob group in each group.

2 Pool 4: here the competition becomes intense. I name the teams A, B, C and D (A is 1 or 2, B is 3 or 4 ... you follow me forever?)
Match 1: D receives A and B receives C
Match 2: A receives C and B receives D
Match 3: A receives B and C receives D
A and B will host 2 times, advantage won during the qualifications. The matches will take place on a single tournament of 8 courses, to be defined before. (If there is group of 3 teams, C receives A, B and C will receive a B.)

Then, just after or the next day, the first of each group will receive the second of the other in semi-final, with host the first of each group. Only one tournament of 8 or 12 races.
The finals and classification matches (between the 3rd and 4th) will take place in 2 tournaments alternate host. 8 races in each tournament.

Cup of Nations: The non-qualified teams to participate in a similar tournament on the same day or the day before or the same weekend.

In case of equal points at the end of qualifications or groups in the final pool (3 for win, 1 defeat and 2 for zero), we will take into account the total points scored by players from team).

PS : If you want this post in french language, I can send it you by PM.

OBH
15th February 2009, 12:46 PM
Alright, hows this for a familiar setup -

* 4 groups consist of 4 teams. ( 16 teams total )
* Each team plays one another in a 4 vs 4, 8 race torny, forward tracks, with weapons.
* Once you play all 3 teams, you do the same again with backwards tracks.
* You recieve points for your country depending on your final position ( 1st 8 points, 2nd 6 etc....) a single pilots points are irrelivent ( making not shooting friendly pilots more important :g )
* Tally up your score, and the top 2 teams qualify for the knockout stage. ( the winner of one group, is pitted against the runner up of another ).

The problem was always how to include pilots from largely represented teams. I imagine splitting them up would probably be best OR letting no pilot compete in more than 3 consecutive races.

Reading back through this, people may see this as a longwinded tournament, but hey-ho, here's my 2 cents worth.

edit:
Didnt see your post mate.Your way sounds good... bit confusing (one of your slick diagrams will fix that :g )

KGB
15th February 2009, 12:52 PM
I was thinking this was going down the pan.

Could we do a vote on what everyone wants in a new thread?

ima_gin_e
18th February 2009, 12:35 PM
Some things to consider in configuring the tournament:

-Whom should we select as arbitraters/officials/organizers?
-Can we get Collin's input as to what is feasible?
-Is internet service uniform across all regions?
-What about timezones, and how should we decide on race start times?
-What about speed classes,weapons options, number of competitors in race?
-How should we implement registration?
-Are there other Wipeout Sites that we may want to involve?

I suggest we get a survey going to find out how many people are willing to participate and who is willing take responsiblity before we decide what is feasible, and I hope that the site admins take an active responsiblity to make this possible!

OBH
18th February 2009, 04:42 PM
As mentioned in the videos thread Ive made a trailer to try and rekindle some interest in this thing :g

@ima_gin_e
read through the thread a bit. most your concerns have been brought up, though decissions have been lacking.....

Darkdrium777
18th February 2009, 04:58 PM
Incorrect skin!
I use the yellow and black one ;)

No idea what's going on, just saying I'm still participating whenever this happens. :)

OBH
18th February 2009, 05:05 PM
now thats just being picky! :g admit it, you love the pinkl!

Wotan
18th February 2009, 05:25 PM
Wow , very nice job osama :clap .
Now , i can't wait anymore the world cup :rock

P.S : mistake in my skin too ^^ (i use blue skin most of the time)

SaturnReturn
18th February 2009, 05:39 PM
P.S : mistake in my skin too ^^ (i use blue skin most of the time)

Ahem! Mine too, Osama. You seem to think I go for the magic invisible skin :(. You still bitter that I shunned Team England?

Greenix
18th February 2009, 06:23 PM
wow, very nice Osama :D

Lucoflux? :lol

KGB
18th February 2009, 06:54 PM
ima_gin_e: Who is Collin?

Haydn, that's a brilliant video, while you have been getting everyone's skin wrong you have managed to get me in the wrong ship entirely :lol, still i think I look quite good there, sat on the start line.......brooding.........waiting.......thinking who is going to eliminate me next.

Darkdrium777: I will put you on the list, do you know any other Canadians that want in?

KIGO1987
18th February 2009, 09:43 PM
As mentioned in the videos thread Ive made a trailer to try and rekindle some interest in this thing :g

@ima_gin_e
read through the thread a bit. most your concerns have been brought up, though decissions have been lacking.....

Good video though:+ I noticed the concluding scene on that video, that the audio was from Crash Bandicoot 3:D nice one.

Thats my Pulse ship though lol. I would only really need to use it in HD on that Sol2 track.

In HD when i use Goteki45, i use the 3rd skin. when i use EG-X i use the 2nd skin, and when im flying around in Triakis i use the 2nd skin.

So what is the latest update on TEAMs? KGB, where is your list?

blackwiggle
18th February 2009, 11:14 PM
By the way,the person who coined the phrase "It's Wipeout,We Race We Die" was Nadia Elenova.
Got to give credit where it's due.:lol

Greenix
18th February 2009, 11:14 PM
Crash Bandicoot 3.... just before the level loads Tiny Tiger's face talks to you in that blue swirly vortex. Wow that seems so long ago ^^

OBH
18th February 2009, 11:37 PM
alright i got a fair bit wrong.... it was kinda filling gaps at the end!!!
still, was done when i had no internet for a while, still pretty good guessing! :g

illl do a proper team based one if it gets moving :g

Darkdrium777
19th February 2009, 12:41 AM
I am NOT a gap filler. Please treat everyone equally. :)

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 12:42 AM
I think a poll is the only way any of us are going to come to any sort of agreement and actually get this thing off the ground.

Cut the options to 4 basic ones that have been proposed,and take the one that gets to 50 votes first.

Apart from a core group within the Wipeoutzone, there doesn't really seem to be that many that are very interested in participating in the decision making process on how this WC should be organized.

I've posted the proposed concept of a WC at the Aus/Nz Playstation forum a few weeks ago and didn't even get one response,or general query regarding it.
The silence was deafening and I can only conclude that it holds no interest to those that visit that forum.

Hopefully once an agreement has been made on the operational structure of the WC interest will pick up.
I'm just getting a general apathetic vibe ATM concerning the whole thing.
A sort of "Well you guys organize it and I MIGHT participate if I can be bothered" or "I don't think I'm good enough to race in a WC" response.

It has been construed as something solely for the Elite class racers by many HD players from the messages I've received,hence their understandable reticence in participating.

I don't know what can be done to cater for the less technically proficient pilots,but this needs to be addressed so it seems more appealing to them and get them involved,they are after all in the majority.

I have just this moment had a EUREKA moment on how we could rank players without the need for qualifiers.
Have everybody that wants to race in the WC put all their times for everything into Connavars records site,then use the rankings from the site to sort racers into ability groups.

LOUDandPROUD
19th February 2009, 02:41 AM
Please count me in to represent the USA! I promise to do my best not to embarrass my country or myself! :D

Constrictor
19th February 2009, 06:01 AM
The teaser/trailer brought me here: I want to, wait - have to be in!

But what team could I join?

a) Germany
b) German speaking racers (Danterich, Mateo, are you in?)
c) Most senior W'O'' racers (I think I'm very close to the top :lol )

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 06:09 AM
I'll be 49 April 25th,I think only Lance and one other are older.

I love HD,keeps me going.
It got rather boring trying to rope people in to race against with 2097,WO3 and Fusion,can't blame them,getting thrashed is not something you would want to do regularly.

At least I have some people better than me to race against now.

LOVE IT.:lol

rdmx
19th February 2009, 06:52 AM
I hardly play online but I was hoping I'd get name checked in the video :frown: :P

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 07:02 AM
EURO centric.

Good video none the less,guess I can't blame Hayden for exclusions,the video would of gone on for ages.+1

Mad-Ice
19th February 2009, 07:35 AM
That is one sweet and hot teaser! Lovin' it!

KIGO1987
19th February 2009, 07:48 AM
Crash Bandicoot 3.... just before the level loads Tiny Tiger's face talks to you in that blue swirly vortex. Wow that seems so long ago ^^

Yes long time. First time i beat Tiny on Crash3 was 10years and 2months ago now. Good old days:)

Naughty Dog buy back this franchise now! before this great game of the 90s go to complete ****.

I am NOT a gap filler. Please treat everyone equally. :)

You got fuking owned bad... Haydn did fuk up a bit there i gotta say honestly. You can always get back and create a new Wipeout World Cup video featuring every player in the know Wipeout universe minus Haydn:lol

I think a poll is the only way any of us are going to come to any sort of agreement and actually get this thing off the ground.

Cut the options to 4 basic ones that have been proposed,and take the one that gets to 50 votes first.

Apart from a core group within the Wipeoutzone, there doesn't really seem to be that many that are very interested in participating in the decision making process on how this WC should be organized.

I've posted the proposed concept of a WC at the Aus/Nz Playstation forum a few weeks ago and didn't even get one response,or general query regarding it.
The silence was deafening and I can only conclude that it holds no interest to those that visit that forum.

Hopefully once an agreement has been made on the operational structure of the WC interest will pick up.
I'm just getting a general apathetic vibe ATM concerning the whole thing.
A sort of "Well you guys organize it and I MIGHT participate if I can be bothered" or "I don't think I'm good enough to race in a WC" response.

It has been construed as something solely for the Elite class racers by many HD players from the messages I've received,hence their understandable reticence in participating.

I don't know what can be done to cater for the less technically proficient pilots,but this needs to be addressed so it seems more appealing to them and get them involved,they are after all in the majority.

I have just this moment had a EUREKA moment on how we could rank players without the need for qualifiers.
Have everybody that wants to race in the WC put all their times for everything into Connavars records site,then use the rankings from the site to sort racers into ability groups.

Stop typing large posts Blackwiggle. You are giving me headaches reading them all the times. lol.

Good idea though, we could put that into action.

-------

Right.

So players skills will be split up in to skill cataglories?..

Elite very skilled players.
GROUP A
Mid Range players.
GROUP B
Newbie and not phantom players
GROUP C

This way we can solve very big teams with too many player.

They can organise this on there social groups, because im ****ed if i will, too much time is involved. Right now im going to talk with fellow members of my Social Group "TEAM AN-NZ" to see where we can organise these players in our area.

To get this idea going, each social group will have to organise there own thing first.

EPSILON
19th February 2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah Osama, Very Good Trailer :+

I Edit my firt post of this thread to include it ^^

But I admit that the English Language is a problems for me and for the organization of this World Cup and to discuss with you :frown:

Especially when there is a long long post....

Right.

So players skills will be split up in to skill cataglories?..

Elite very skilled players.
GROUP A
Mid Range players.
GROUP B
Newbie and not phantom players
GROUP C

I'm agree with this repartition ^^

Lot of pilots can participate and it was a good news to have a maximum players for this event.

rdmx
19th February 2009, 08:02 AM
Then it's settled! We clone a nocturnal version of darkdrium777 for french->english translation purposes!

KGB
19th February 2009, 08:29 AM
I must be seeing things through sleep deprivation, have we actually agreed on something. :lol

Still a slight problem with this :paperbag i am afraid, we have only 6 countries with a group of 4 or more pilots, if there are 3 groups then that is 2 in each, which would mean everyone is in the final! Hooray!!!!:P

The list of participants are on page 10.

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 09:18 AM
It seems we have.
Use Connavars website where people have entered their records in.
That is used as a basis of ranking.
Each player/racer is/should be with an individual country[the flags are there]

You race in the rank that the filters give you.

Easy,everybody can see where you rank.

Points given to the country you race for against others in your same rank.

Divide the amount of players for one country with points achieved.

It would have to be no more than one player from each country in each race.

Each player would race in their division,on each of the 16 tracks ,both with and without weapons.
A tournament would be unfair I think,major reason why is that the winner of the previous race would automatically be placed at the rear of the field.
Each race would have to be raced as a single event.
Pot Luck as for grid positions

rdmx
19th February 2009, 09:34 AM
Even though some of my times are already in there (thank you!), I don't quite fancy entering in 240 updated times.

Nyctalopian
19th February 2009, 09:34 AM
Excellent Video I love thanks OSSAMA... I'm just disappointed I am not my nickname ... :lol

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 09:48 AM
I'm sure Connavar could come up with a filter that only used Multiplayer times entered over the 4 speeds.
So that's only 64 times that need to be entered.
After all,you will only be playing online.
Those will be the only times that matter.

REDUCE it to ONLINE MULTI PLAYER TIMES to sort who races who, and how the divisions are sorted.

EPSILON
19th February 2009, 09:51 AM
I edit my first post again to include the list of KGB (Worldcup Pilots), thanks KGB, great Job !

ENGLAND

kgb1971 ------ OLOuk -- -------- Judas
Hellfire ------- Andybob35 ------- Peh-Hok
Greenix ------- Wellington
Amorbis ------- Lunar(English not Italian:))

FRANCE

EPSILON ------- Nyctalopian
Kanar ---------- Spoon56
Asymeel ------- Kingheim

SCOTLAND

Stin
Osama bin haydn ;)

PORTUGAL

Xtriko

CANADA

mjolnir74
Redscar
Darkdrium777

NETHERLANDS

Mad-ice
SaturnReturn
Luxoflux

AU-NZ

Blackwiggle
KIGO1987
djKyoto
trentdf

JAPAN

Aka-sho ------ suurenko
rerealm ------- ossama
hn9354

U.S.A

TheFrostE
cerium
feisar31
LOUDandPROUD

ITALY

alterego
il_NIK

NORDIC

Chaos80
JJPAP
Soccermums

leungbok
19th February 2009, 10:01 AM
Ohh, i realise that i didn't said i was interested :redface:
You can add me :banzai

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 10:09 AM
I know of 2 others that intend to fly for USA and they are both damm fast.

Same for Italy.

Where the hell is the Spanish Team?

yeldar2097
19th February 2009, 11:12 AM
count me in if there's room :)

TearsToShreds
19th February 2009, 11:24 AM
Same here, hope there's still enough space in the Dutch Team?

djKyoto
19th February 2009, 11:35 AM
I don't remember using the Blue AG-S livery. :P

KIGO1987
19th February 2009, 12:16 PM
I know of 2 others that intend to fly for USA and they are both damm fast.

Same for Italy.

Where the hell is the Spanish Team?

It seems like PORTUGAL and Xtriko is the only player there. Hey Xtriko, does Spitfire2097 play HD as well?

OBH
19th February 2009, 12:25 PM
This diagram sums up my idea for the tourny setup.

* Groups of 4 play each other twice, groups of 3 play each other 3 times.
* The winner of one group, plays the runner up of another.
* as you can see there are multiple teams of the same nationality in the same group, but only the highest ranking team can go through, even if they finish 1st and 2nd, guarenteeing theres not multiple teams of the same nationality after round 1.

As you can see ive included flags that currently arent present, and used the european flag to replace portugal as theres only 1 player!! obviously the nationalities taking part can change.

If anyone else with tourny setup ideas can make an image from it, we might actually come to a conclusion very quickly.

AnErare
19th February 2009, 12:29 PM
I'll also race this potentially fantastic cup for team Netherlands if the setup and qualifications allow me :)

Awesome video Osama!

djKyoto
19th February 2009, 01:42 PM
If it's nation based, why not do it like the Super 14 Scoring system?

Every nation team plays everybody (say over teams minus one weeks), and the team with the most total points gets 2 points (1pt for a draw).

Then at the end of it the top 4 nations vs each other in sudden death (1v4 and 2v3), then the two winners vs in final.

Gives a chance for everybody to play everybody, no?

OBH
19th February 2009, 02:39 PM
Lets say for sake of argument, that all teams propsed are filled (including multiples) then thats 16 teams.

We'll need to play 15 games before leaving round 1. :paperbag

Im all for as many games as we can get away with, but if people want to race all 16 tracks against each team... thats a REALLY long tournament.

Axel
19th February 2009, 04:55 PM
Can I be in the tournament? I fly for England :D

Constrictor
19th February 2009, 05:01 PM
@Epslion: Well, I'm in, too! Plz

Though, Need to find some mates for what ... a joined Austria/Swiss/German team, maybe.

btw, IMO 1st round(s) should be something like soccerworldcup setup: n groups w/ m teams. First 2 or 3 teams advance to the next round. Than next n group w/ m team or direct head-to-head depending on teamcount. Would prefer a 2nd group round with semi and finals following the group phase. Maybe for the losers of round 1 and 2 there could be a special loser racing cup so it's not so boring out there. my euro cents. I that was already said ... >/dev/null

Mad-Ice
19th February 2009, 05:03 PM
I am sorry to say this Osama, but I totally do not like this system. If you are in a group of very strong teams, you can be knocked out very early. Or I don't understand it at all? :paperbag

Especially because it is the first World tournament, we have to know how teams are compared to each other. See page 8 of this thread.

KGB
19th February 2009, 05:54 PM
I suggested something like Haydn is proposing a while back. Personally it is my favorite of all the idea's. I have never seen a world cup where everyone plays each other, this will be a logistical and organizational nightmare and will take ages, lets just keep it simple PLEASE!

The whole point of a world cup is to see who is the best in the competition, if you get knocked out first round, tough! The favorites do not always win, the underdogs do not always loose (Denmark, Greece both came from no where in the Euro's). If England go out first round then fine, good luck to whoever beat them, it is their fault for not performing on the day.

Why do we have to make this so complicated, it is just meant to be a bit of a laugh.

EPSILON: Have you taken control of the list or am I still updating mate. :)

Darkdrium777
19th February 2009, 06:24 PM
Then it's settled! We clone a nocturnal version of darkdrium777 for french->english translation purposes!:lol Come and get me! :p

IMO for simplicity's sake, have each country hold qualifier rounds from which the four best pilots will emerge (And backups for when real life takes precedence), and then from a random draw pit two different country teams together, have them climb a ladder this way until the finals.

And for those countries who have just too many pilots, use the division idea. The points don't add to those of the team competing for the world cup, but they still can be crowned winners of their division, with say an honourable mention.

OBH
19th February 2009, 08:23 PM
@mad ice
to each their own :) no problem bud.

as exactly half teams qualify, we could easily continue the knockout system to determine 9th to 16th position. thats a minimum of 7 games each and a maximum of 9.

we'll then have larger nations coming in 2 positions though.

i guess i dont like pre-determined divisions. that means someones classed a weaker nation before we even start doesnt it?... unless im seeing it wrong.

Darkdrium777
19th February 2009, 11:56 PM
Right well I've had enough of online for five years, not going to waste my breath screaming at bull****.

Not participating anymore, don't count on me. I'll stick to AI, at least stuff doesn't randomly happen with them on screen.

It blows, but I've had enough. Until something is done about laggy bombs don't count on me for any races.

LOUDandPROUD
20th February 2009, 03:30 AM
It seems like PORTUGAL and Xtriko is the only player there. Hey Xtriko, does Spitfire2097 play HD as well?

Well, though I was born and raised in the USA, I'm actually 100% Portuguese, so I'd like to volunteer to fly for Team Portugal if that will help to even things out at all. I'll leave it up to you World Cup Organizers...Portugal or USA...either is fine with me. :+

EPSILON
20th February 2009, 08:46 AM
EPSILON: Have you taken control of the list or am I still updating mate. :)

2nd solution, I Update my first post when You add some new pilot ;)

KGB
20th February 2009, 04:43 PM
Well i am not bothered either way EPISLON, though it makes more sense to have the list on page one. So if you want to do it then great, kind of silly doing it twice. I won't take offense.

By the way do you steer while Nyctalopian takes the airbreaks? :lol;)

EPSILON
21st February 2009, 08:03 AM
Well i am not bothered either way EPISLON, though it makes more sense to have the list on page one. So if you want to do it then great, kind of silly doing it twice. I won't take offense.

By the way do you steer while Nyctalopian takes the airbreaks? :lol;)

Sorry KGB but i don't understand your post, can you explain please ^^

Amorbis
21st February 2009, 12:25 PM
I personally favour Osama's system with the knockout style table. It might not be the fairest system but it'll be the most efficient.

I do have another idea to bring to the table, it is the idea of a tournament/league hybrid. Instead of going straight to a knockout where teams can get eliminated with only racing once, it'll give everyone a chance to score points and the teams with the most points move onto the knockout stage. I think this could be much fairer on the 'weaker' teams and still give every team a chance at the title. But with this would come lots of organisation and could potentially be very time consuming. I'm thinking of something like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_tournament_ranking_system) with a knockout stage to finish it of the highest scoring teams.

Maybe more awesome trailers could entice more people to join in :lol.

I've attached a visualisation of my idea courtesy of Osama's already made table. There would be 15 races if every team raced each other, points would be awarded for a win or a draw. Very similar to a football league but with a knockout final. This is just an example and could do with some more thought, but I hope you get the general idea. The points on the table are not intended to favour anyone in particular, except for maybe Team England :).

KGB
21st February 2009, 03:27 PM
EPSILON: Which bit do you not understand?

EPSILON
21st February 2009, 04:21 PM
EPSILON: Which bit do you not understand?

This one "By the way do you steer while Nyctalopian takes the airbreaks?" ;)

KGB
21st February 2009, 04:59 PM
:lol I think you know exactly what I mean.

What about the list though, It is up to date as of today.

If you would like to do it that is fine, I will delete the one on page 10. As I said It makes more sense being the first post on Page 1, and not hidden away where we can't find it.

Maybe it's: You are the weapons man, while your workmate is in charge of thrust and direction. :P

EPSILON
22nd February 2009, 08:19 AM
:lol I think you know exactly what I mean.

What about the list though, It is up to date as of today.

If you would like to do it that is fine, I will delete the one on page 10. As I said It makes more sense being the first post on Page 1, and not hidden away where we can't find it.

Maybe it's: You are the weapons man, while your workmate is in charge of thrust and direction. :P

OK, I see (EPSiNYCTA) lol, yes we have no time to work at job...Oups, no time to play at work lol

and for the list of page 1, yes it is more easy to see on this page. If there are a new pilot, post me a MP and I add it ^^

Asayyeah
22nd February 2009, 11:49 PM
Epsi / Kgb you can add me for french team future qualification.

** et pas la peine de quoter mon post si tu postes juste après moi c'est inutile, tu vas t'attirer les foudres des mods **

advising Epsi to not quote me or someone else if he answers just after the one who posted ;)

OBH
25th February 2009, 03:59 PM
im amazed no one else has posted an image outlaying their idea for how this should.

im not saying this needs to take place next week, but please, please, lets not leave this dead in the water.

Amorbis
25th February 2009, 06:47 PM
I do have another idea to bring to the table...

Don't be surprised Osama, I already did! Looks that it was overlooked. I was thinking of combining that with your idea.

Another thing we should be thinking of doing is a loser's bracket. If a team got knocked early on then they could still get a chance against the other losing teams. It would be a mini tournament for the losing teams or something similar.

RJ O'Connell
25th February 2009, 07:33 PM
+1 For the USA! USA! USA!

SaturnReturn
25th February 2009, 09:40 PM
I've started preparing a thread which I think desparately needs to happen. But I don't want to post in case I'm stepping on toes. I'm hoping that if all goes according to plan that the proposed thread text can be viewed here:
Proposed thread at GoogleDocs (http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dnz6w67_0hqst6hhc)

If enough people second the motion then I will edit the thread to make it as short as possible and post it soon. What do folks think?

blackwiggle
25th February 2009, 11:48 PM
That covers the basics.
I'll second it.

I really think we should use Connavars records site as a basis for rankings,it will cut out SO MUCH stuffing about with qualifications.

Just make it that those wishing to race in the World Cup have to have a certain minimum amount of records entered in the system.

What the minimum requirements would be to make ranking appropriate I'll leave open for further input from the forum members.

Mad-Ice
26th February 2009, 05:38 PM
That looks very good SaturnReturn. I am in, anyway, anyhow.:banzai

EPSILON
28th February 2009, 11:34 AM
It's time to Take some descision about this Fantastic EVent !

I'll tell you the truth ;)

I Want that this EVENT must be organize with best condition with best organizer.

My big problem here, is the language, in fact I have some difficulty to understand correctly in detail some post here.

And the WorldCup Buzz is not a joke, not a wind but it is REAL and this is why it is important to take the best descision about it !

This is Why I will delegate to members organiganiqation more able than me.

I Love Wipeout and It very Important to continue organizing the best this EVent with best possible conditions.

you have all participated in the development of this Worlccup and I do not live up to pursue it as I would like. Google traduction is a base but it is not enough for me to organize seriously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

New organizer is :

- Mad Ice
- Kanar
- Osama (I wait his answer)
- EPSILON (I try my best)

and off course I'm not abandon this Worldcup but I want to appoint people to the challenge and especially skilled and at ease with English.

Now It's time to choose the best way, the best form of organization !

I hope you undersdtand my point of view of delegate it. ;)

WorldCup must live and lived !

If you have some problem, I propose to organize a big meeting between the organizers to make the best decisions and define the rules in detail.

to begin to be concrete, I propose to set a date (for details of this World Cup) in April ^^

OBH
28th February 2009, 11:36 AM
If im needed, of course ill help out. :g

SaturnReturn
28th February 2009, 11:43 AM
Damn, I needn't have bothered with my previous post then. Oh well, good luck guys. I'm sure you'll do a great job. Looking forward to the event :)

EPSILON
28th February 2009, 12:26 PM
@Saturn : Off course not, your post is very Good and thanks to make this page ! :+

SaturnReturn
28th February 2009, 12:40 PM
No worries. If you like you can use any of it in any future organistional posts. Good to see you taking the lead EPSILON. I'm looking forward to more of osama bin haydn's videos too.

KGB
28th February 2009, 01:36 PM
New organizer is :

- Mad Ice
- Kanar
- Osama (I wait his answer)
- EPSILON (I try my best)

No pressure or anything, but hurry up :lol

Glad to see some forward movement, good luck gentlemen.

OBH
4th March 2009, 11:34 AM
me and mad-ice appear to be getting somewhere now :)
watch this space

kanar
4th March 2009, 12:42 PM
yeah sorry guys I had to withdraw from the organization stuff, due to my private life & job, definitely less & less wipeout compatible. I'll try to attend to the French qualifications anyway...

KIGO1987
4th March 2009, 02:42 PM
Now if you want people from Australia and New Zealand. It would wise to wait for us to go out of daylight savings (end of March), and from what ive been told you guys in most country's in the northern hemisphere go into daylight savings around the same time as we exit. That mean there will be a 2 hour time gap closer, and thus bringing the time difference issue lesser of a problem.

SaturnReturn
18th March 2009, 01:34 AM
Has there been any exciting progress on this recently? I'm watching this space but currently it seems a bit...spacious.

Mad-Ice
18th March 2009, 10:27 AM
I will post something about the rule coming weekend! Osama and I had a lot of pms about this. We will come up with a final version of the rules.

Greetz Mad-Ice

OBH
18th March 2009, 11:37 AM
We were going to bring in a few other people to help with the final decission.

Fingers crossed we'll be moving this one forward very shortly

SaturnReturn
18th March 2009, 01:32 PM
Cool. Thanks for the update.

LOUDandPROUD
18th March 2009, 11:20 PM
Yes, thanks! :)

Mad-Ice
23rd March 2009, 07:39 PM
I made a new diagram and Osama and I are going to discuss this one to hopefully come up with the final rules at the end of this week.

Mad-Ice
8th April 2009, 08:47 AM
Okay mates, be ready very soon! All national teams have to register in the official thread made for it. The thread will be made today. Osama, Kaori already have agreed on the rules and diagrams I've made. We only have to wait for Leungbok to agree on too and we are set to go.

Finally we are gonna race for immortality!

Asayyeah
8th April 2009, 11:27 AM
I'd like to participate to the WC HD starting in June but my name is not listed by Epsilon into the list of french pilots, shall i deduce i am out from that one ?

alterego
8th April 2009, 12:53 PM
hi all.

Asa! Dear friend and sensei! I've an idea!

We make a international team! Hybrid, but strong i hope..... ;)

like an xxl-team or 'old and wise' or 'old(all) stars' team we can call:
You, Lunar, me, Il Nik, (maybe) Sartwell and so on.....what do you think about?

Read you soon
CdRom

kanar
8th April 2009, 01:43 PM
mmhm. I'm on the list myself, but I think it's a better idea to organize some kind of french qualifications first, like the Flyin' Dutchmen did. There's too many super fast frenchies (& REALLY faster than me lol) who could be interested by this awesome competition.

EPSILON
8th April 2009, 02:13 PM
@asayyeah : My list is not update it ! (If Mad Ice or others can give me the new list I can update it)

don't worry, I give the Idea of a MONDIAL OFFICIAL EVENT Like a REAL World Cup 2009 of Wipeout HD but it's Mad Ice / Osama / others (Kaori, etc...) who organize it, send a MP to have more information.

@kanar : I'm agree with you ;)
I'm not really fast for participate it too ^^

ACE-FLO
8th April 2009, 02:26 PM
I would love to participate but dont have a PS3... (wouldnt be as good as you guys anyway)

Anyway, MY Question Is....

Will videos be available of the online matches? I would love to be a spectator even.... Please clever organisers and net geniuses of this forum... Can you please fix it for us to watch the online tourney...PLease????

Asayyeah
8th April 2009, 02:29 PM
I am very interested in Romano's idea but maybe we can use this brilliant one to play this new BR-off tourney , Epsilon did created today ?
And stay stricly to the World nation cup ?

EPSILON
8th April 2009, 02:36 PM
what do you mean assayeah (it is the Worlcup thread here not the PRESSURE one) or maybe I don't understand ^^

Please send me a Mp to explain me ;) (in french off course lol)

alterego
8th April 2009, 04:59 PM
hi all

I am very interested in Romano's idea but maybe we can use this brilliant one to play this new BR-off tourney , Epsilon did created today ?
And stay stricly to the World nation cup ?

my idea start from the military corp legione straniera....... ;)

french affiliate but international origin :)

read and see you soon
cdrom

Mad-Ice
30th May 2009, 02:01 PM
At the moment there are only 4 countries participating in the World Wipeout Cup 2009.

Team England
Team France
Team Nordic
The Flying Dutchmen

I have made a sketch for the tournament organisation. SaturnReturn is helping me out with a nice presentation for it. But we need more national teams in this WWC 2009. You can only participate when you have officially registrated in the thread made for it.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6071

Come on pilots all over the world, get your ass in here.

Greetz Mad-Ice

LOUDandPROUD
30th May 2009, 08:05 PM
Well, if I understand correctly, each country is required to register as a team, which would essentially require someone from a particular country to step up and recruit/organize for their country...is that right? If so, I think that's why you're seeing a lack of registrants. I mean, I know I would love to be involved, and I expressed as much in the official registration thread (before it was made clear you had to register as a team), but I have no interest in any additional responsibilities other than simply showing up to compete when races are scheduled. I have a feeling many others feel the same way, hence the lack of participation. Now the question is how to solve this dilemma? :?:

SaturnReturn
30th May 2009, 08:18 PM
Every team needs a leader. Someone just needs to show the initiative. If you don't have the time to commit to organizing everone else then you just need to go find someone else who is willing and able. There are relatively fewer players in the US than Europe so you guys have it a bit tougher when it comes to putting together a team, but I'm sure there must be someone willing to take up the leadership role.

OBH
30th May 2009, 08:48 PM
isnt hard. start a social group - invite loads of your country - pm them - see whos interested.

we'll do the rest :g

Mad-Ice
31st May 2009, 07:06 AM
I have send PMs to all team leaders of the remaining national teams. Team Italy, team AU-NZ, team USA, team Canada. We are waiting for your registration!!

I do not know who to ask for the Japanese team? But I also want them to participate. Furthermore, am I forgetting a national team?

Come on all Wipers of the world we wanna race you!

Wotan
31st May 2009, 07:37 AM
i saw some great pilots with poland ,german and austria flag . Maybe they are able to complete a team :cowboy

Mad-Ice
31st May 2009, 07:55 AM
Oh yes of course, how could I have missed those countries?:paperbag

Anyway, thanks Wotan.

So we want these teams to register:

Team Italy
Team AU-NZ
Team USA
Team Canada
Team Japan
Team Austria
Team Germany
Team Poland

Here please: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6071

blackwiggle
31st May 2009, 08:46 AM
The problem exists that nobody has posted the rules and who will arbitrate .

This is a BIG problem with the current online problems various people are suffering.

It still seems a bit Ad Hoc atm.

Please link me and others to the final decision "post" [if there is one] on how/who/when this WC is supposed to be run .

LOUDandPROUD
31st May 2009, 12:41 PM
I have send PMs to all team leaders of the remaining national teams. Team Italy, team AU-NZ, team USA, team Canada. We are waiting for your registration!!

Who is the team leader for USA???

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2009, 01:04 AM
Apparently it's me that is in charge of Team USA at the moment, but honestly, I'm terrible when it comes to organizing for these types of events. I'd appreciate it if someone else could take over and select a team (or devise a good qualifying method to form a team).

LOUDandPROUD
1st June 2009, 02:44 AM
See what I'm sayin? :lol

Mad-Ice
1st June 2009, 09:18 AM
I sent PMs to the team leaders. They are the ones that started their social group. Everyone is responsible for registration or not. We were supposed to start this event in June. But we still don't have enough teams. Registration will close on the last day of June 2009.

I will make sure the final rules and the overview of who will fight who, will be presented asap.

stin
1st June 2009, 07:16 PM
I will let you know ASAP!

stevie:)

rdmx
2nd June 2009, 07:21 AM
kigo or kyoto or blackwiggle, you guys wanna take charge of organising this?

blackwiggle
2nd June 2009, 07:43 AM
KIGO is holding the torch,and he's trying to get people motivated and organized but we either seem to generally short of players atm or a complete lack of response from those he has messaged.
I'm trying to get some others to join the zone through the AUS/NZ PS forum,but they all seem to be of the opinion that they aren't good enough to compete in the WC ,which they are probably right unfortunately.

KIGO1987
2nd June 2009, 10:55 AM
Getting alot of Vista responses from people these days. Ill get back into after ive done the last of these exams.

Just going to put at the end whoever really wants to race, ive got a fair idea who the main contenders are.

OBH
2nd June 2009, 11:23 AM
all the japanese pilots were really enthusiastic about it when we first mentioned the idea. surely they're up for it?

Cant not have them involved, when hes on fire reach-big7 is a mad man :)

yeldar2097
2nd June 2009, 11:32 AM
and they shoot like snipers too :P
they've defs got enough for a great team: Aka Sho, heinz-ketchup, HISHOJP, reach-big7, hn9354 etc....

OBH
2nd June 2009, 04:20 PM
Oh yeah! I remembered thinking hn9354 was one of the fastest harimau pilots id ever come up against :)

Mad-Ice
3rd June 2009, 12:26 PM
FINALLY.

That's great Mad Ice.

Now WHAT are the rules?

Who are the impartial referees?

I can't find anything [link]?

THIS IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM.

Hi Blackwiggle, here we can continue the discussion.

I hope I can answer some of your questions. What kind of rules do you want to include? Give examples please. The only thing I can think of now is: Never restart a tour unless there is a disconnection. If there are vista pads than that is too bad. Lag or no lag we all have to deal with this.

If there were any referees needed, what I don't think, it would be Leungbok, Kaori, Epsilon, Osama and I.

What exactly are you looking for? There is a link for the diagram, I have written down an explanation and the way we are going to organise this.

Greetz Mad-Ice

blackwiggle
6th June 2009, 02:32 AM
Don't worry about it.

I've been doped up on pain killers and red wine try to kill the pain of a cracked wisdom tooth,my thinking has been a bit blurred :(:redface: .
I forgot that this had already been discussed and decided on.

Mad-Ice
4th July 2009, 09:32 PM
With all new teams coming in and registering in the official thread we are almost set to go! The only minor set back is for this Cup to start; I am going on a holiday. I will be back around 15th of August. I propose to start this WWC 2009 in the beginning of September. If you all want to start now while the fire is hot contact: Osama, Kaori, Leunbok and SaturnReturn. There are enough Fast Flying Dutchmen, so no problem.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Mateo
5th July 2009, 01:51 AM
I guess September is a good idea, in July and August always many many people are on holiday... at least I think it is so (I'll be away 3 or 4 weeks in august myself).

kaori
5th July 2009, 11:16 AM
To resume, we have 10 teams who will take part at the WWC 2009

The Flying Dutchmen
Team England
Team France
Team Scotland
Team Austria
Team Japan
Team Nordic
Team Italy
Team AU-NZ
North American WipEout Team

Representing 16 nations and 4 continents.

Aeroracer
20th July 2009, 11:55 PM
A few questions Haydn,
how is it some teams have more member's than others.
Why are there many top players missing.
Can i apply to the world cup
Can other counrties enter.

Whats the prize gonna be. (maybe the winning team can have their names apear on the main page in the banner or something.:hyper

Vartazian
21st July 2009, 11:52 AM
Registration closed a while ago. It would completley mess up the Schedule Jasmin

As for the top players, we need them to register their teams, plus they might not want to play.

OBH
21st July 2009, 01:56 PM
A few questions Haydn,
how is it some teams have more member's than others.
Why are there many top players missing.
Can i apply to the world cup
Can other counrties enter.

Whats the prize gonna be. (maybe the winning team can have their names apear on the main page in the banner or something.:hyper

Its been an on-going idea for months and months now. At first it was 16 teams, then 8, now 10.

If 2 more teams entered we can always make room for them. Its slightly difficult with an odd number.

As for the number of players -
Many nations organised their own races to determine the team which would enter. Bigger nations(ie. France & England) have way more players than would ever be needed, so it was by fair the fairist way to get a team together.

Smaller nations such as Italy and Scotland had the bare minimum number of players needed - 4 - but still showed a keen interest to get involved, so in they went :)

KIGO1987
21st July 2009, 08:24 PM
How will it work with the Aussie team? There is a massive time difference that'll needed to be taken into account.

OBH
21st July 2009, 08:25 PM
For sure.

Though only you guys know when you'll be free. I can't organise your races for you :)

edit:
If its easier try and get 1 or 2 done in the same day maybe??