PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD Online Issues?

Pages : [1] 2

DeepMix
5th January 2009, 12:38 AM
whats up everyone.

hey i got issues with the online since a week ago, everytime i want to start the online it says me "cant connect with the server try again later", and if i try again later it says it cant connect cause im already logged in... wtf anyone having same problems or how did u solve it?

thanks for the help, ill really appreciate it cause i only need the bling brigade trophy for the platinum and the bad part is i cant use the online lol :cold

if ur asking... ive played a lot wipeouthd online dunno why im having issues now,oh and i have nat 2 btw.

forgive me if i made a mistake by creating this thread in this seccion, i did read the rules and didnt find another thread like this one.

yeldar2097
5th January 2009, 01:09 PM
i had that problem a few days ago after accidentally pressing square whilst logged in (which lets you change location). then i got the can't connect thing. got angry, restarted ps3, only to find the already logged in message. rinsed and repeated. got angry, had a sandwich. i decided to do some offline racing just to pass the time. couple of hourse later, i tried to log in expecting a failure, and it worked!
sadly the only fix i know is the waiting game. i have NAT 2 as well btw.
i'm sure someone will have a more adequate solution but i thought i might as well share my experiences

chboing
5th January 2009, 01:18 PM
hed exactly the same as yeldar2097

except i didnt have a sandwich

Darkdrium777
5th January 2009, 05:17 PM
I've had that a few months ago when I changed location as well. Waiting solved it, because there was no way to log in after switching from EU to US.

yeldar2097
5th January 2009, 08:22 PM
by the way, what does switching location actually do? does location matter much?
i never quite got why it was there.

chboing you missed out! it eased my pain a lot.

rdmx
6th January 2009, 01:11 AM
I think all the location does is what region it says you are hosting from in the 'join game' screen. It's only really there to aid other people in joining a low-ping game.

eLhabib
6th January 2009, 12:25 PM
I think it might be more than that. A couple of months ago, I was racing someone from Germany, and the game was REALLY laggy. When I left his room, I noticed that his location was set to Korea, for whatever reason. I wrote him a PM telling him about the lag I experienced and asking why his location was set to Korea. He then changed it to EU, I rejoined him, and all the lag was gone completely. So, I don't know, maybe there are some kind of servers behind this?

Soccermom
6th January 2009, 01:48 PM
I always assumed localized WO servers for each of the region. If you take over hosting a game localized in a region different from your own, the game will remain localized to the original game creator until you are the only one in the room.

rdmx
7th January 2009, 12:25 AM
Hmmm, I guess I was assuming matches were player-hosted like most other console titles. Then again, if the host leaves, the game doesn't conk out.

DeepMix
7th January 2009, 05:11 AM
i dunno if changing location will solve it, i cant change it anyway cause i cant log in lol

yesterday i ask a friend to use my account in his ps3 and play wipeout hd online, for my surprise he couldnt play aswell so i guess its a problem with my account.

tomorrow ill upgrade my hard disk from 40gb to 250gb hopefully the backup and restore will solve it, if not ill try redownloading the game lol

blackwiggle
8th January 2009, 12:13 AM
Anybody else unable to connect today?
I keep getting the error message and I think it's not just a local server problem.

Might be another patch or something else happening from SL....it is Thursday,the day they add stuff to the PS store.:sonar;)

klocki LEGO
13th January 2009, 06:39 PM
whats up everyone.

hey i got issues with the online since a week ago, everytime i want to start the online it says me "cant connect with the server try again later", and if i try again later it says it cant connect cause im already logged in... wtf anyone having same problems or how did u solve it?

thanks for the help, ill really appreciate it cause i only need the bling brigade trophy for the platinum and the bad part is i cant use the online lol :cold

if ur asking... ive played a lot wipeouthd online dunno why im having issues now,oh and i have nat 2 btw.

forgive me if i made a mistake by creating this thread in this seccion, i did read the rules and didnt find another thread like this one.

Hi Guys!!
I have this same problem
When i'm choosing online mode it says me "an error occurred withlst server try again later"
it is about 72 hours since 11.01.09 sunday morning up till now 13.01.09 evening and still dosent work;/
I notice that
1. My other friends in my country can play online
2. Other games like Tekken DR, Warhawk are fine (i can play them online mode)
3. My Sister on hers account can play online W HD so its something wrong whit my accout
4. I think it can be something wrong with the friends list. My list reach 100 friends (100 is max) on 10.01.09 Saturday day before it happend;(

I deleted some person on list but still can't connect
I like Wipeout so much but i can't play
Thanks for any help!!

Sorry for my english
klocki LEGO ;)
Greetings

IH8YOU
13th January 2009, 08:33 PM
May be completely unrelated - but I had several dropped chats with my friends across the pond. (in the UK)

Like both of our connections were severely limited. (they dropped any time I tried to show a picture or anything bandwidth intensive)

Though my interwebz worked just fine.

Related? IDK.

blackwiggle
13th January 2009, 08:45 PM
Kloki LEGO :Check your account details,I had the same problem so I just re entered all my account information and that got it working again.

You can check if it's ok by going to the Playstation store,have a look at the WOHD download,if your account is recognized you will have the little red logo showing you have already downloaded it,it won't appear if your account information is corrupted.

klocki LEGO
14th January 2009, 08:48 AM
I checked my account details, all is fine i have the red logo in download section Now i'm downloading again Wipeout HD. After downlload i will write again.

edit:
Re-install game dosen't cure this problem

eLhabib
14th January 2009, 10:40 AM
I've been unable to connect to the HD servers for the whole weekend (missing Avalon in the process :(), and now it seems as if it's related to my profile. There is no way I can connect to the HD servers, however PSN, other games, and the PSN Store work perfectly. So, I tried to log in with one of my other accounts, and it worked just fine! What does it mean? Is my [eLhabib] profile corrupted? I honestly don't know what to do now - don't wanna have to sacrifice my savegame! :?

klocki LEGO
14th January 2009, 11:37 AM
So we have to wait for next patch;/;/??

blackwiggle
14th January 2009, 08:06 PM
ElHabib and LEGO:With the error message that comes up, does it say "Your are already logged in"? and have you both recently [last few days] been on HOME?

When I had this problem I first thought the worse [somebody had accessed my account] but then I thought the only way anybody could/might of got the info was via HOME.
I remember that I went into HOME to see if I could launch WOHD from there,NO,so I just exited HOME straight from that screen,it's when I got back and tried to launch WOHD from the XMB I got that error message.
I then re enter my account details to see if that made a difference,I'm still not sure if it did.
It wasn't until I went back into HOME and checked a store or something and then exited HOME less abruptly, that the error message had gone next time I tried to go online with WOHD.

I have no idea why this would happen,and I'm not even sure if this procedure was what fixed it,but since your both unable to get online I suppose it's worth a try.

eLhabib
14th January 2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks, I will try that as well, even though I don't think that's the problem - haven't been on HOME for ages...

I've tried pretty much everything by now. I even backed up my savegame and deleted it from the PS3, deleted wipEout HD, re-downloaded it, and it still won't connect to the servers with a brand new savegame!

What's even more strange is that if i switch my PS3 profile (I got 3 extra ones which I use only for US/UK/JAP PSN Stores), I can connect to the online servers just fine!

Please, anyone from SL - tell me what I can do, I'm running out of ideas here :( No online since last friday... :brickwall

lunar
14th January 2009, 09:42 PM
I had a problem with HD where it wouldn`t work at all with my main PS3 user account that I use (the one associated with my PSN ID) but it would work fine with the sub-accounts on the machine. I had to delete the broken user account from the PS3 itself and after that it was fine with my usual PSN sign in on a newly created PS3 user account. The problem was caused by changing my PSN sign in email address, and sounds slightly different because HD wouldn`t work at all, but this may be worth a shot for you. Hope you can fix it and keep your save game, I understand your frustration :bomb

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 07:23 AM
So you mean I should delete my [eLhabib] user account from my PS3? And then what? recover it from the internet, or how does it work?

lunar
15th January 2009, 08:10 AM
You can`t recover the deleted user account, but after deleting it you can make a new one on the PS3 with the same details, and then also use your eLhabib PSN sign in with it. I think you should do this as a last resort because it can be a hassle.

Deleting the user account removes all of the game save data on the account, so first back up all of your game saves and Wipeout HD ghosts. Game updates downloaded on that account are also sometimes deleted, so when you have made the new account you might have to redownload them; a bit of a pain with games like Pain or Everybody`s Golf which have a lot of updates.

I also had to re-download the Wipeout HD unlock key, though this only takes a moment and I didn`t have to download the full game again. The symptoms and cause of your problem sound slightly different, so I think you should exhaust other possibilities before doing this.

Another long shot, but have you tried using a different internet provider? I`ve heard of individual games being blocked for some reason in the past. Maybe you could take your PS3 to someone else`s house. Also you could try signing in as eLHabib then downloading and playing HD from another PS3, if you have access to one. This might show if the problem is on your machine or not.

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 08:28 AM
As I said before, if I use one of my other 3 PS3 accounts, wipEout HD online works just fine! It's just the [eLhabib] account that doesn't work, no matter if I use my savegame or not :( So it's definitely not the provider, and not caused by a corrupted savegame either.

lunar
15th January 2009, 08:37 AM
Oh sorry, :brickwallyou did ;)

Maybe then you should try to play as eLHabib from another PS3 if you haven`t done that. If it still doesn`t work I guess you can try to contact Sony as the problem is not on your machine. If it does work on another PS3 try the delete user account option perhaps.

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 09:40 AM
I don't mind deleting my [eLhabib] account and creating it again, I don't have that many game updates installed anyway. I'm just scared that my savegame won't work with the newly created profile :cold

lunar
15th January 2009, 10:19 AM
Perhaps try copying the save game from eLhabib to a new and fresh user account on your PS3, and see if it works with HD. That might give you some idea of whether your save game is going to work or not if you delete the user account, but I know what you mean, it`s scary. I think you should try all other possibilities first, and I`m not confident this is going to work as my problem was different. Some people fixed the problem I had just by re-syncing their trophies.

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 11:02 AM
I know that my wipEout HD savegame that I created on my [eLhabib] profile will not work with any other profile, which naturally has a different name - I tried that already. However, if i delete the [eLhabib] profile and create a new one with exactly the same name, who knows? I can't really test that either, because I can't have 2 profiles with the same name...

lunar
15th January 2009, 11:26 AM
I suppose you can test the process, and see if save games will survive, by deleting and remaking your spare accounts if you`re not worried about losing the save games on those. I`m not sure if the name of the PS3 user account matters as it appears this can be changed without any consequences, but the PSN sign in attached to the user account should be the same. It all sounds like grief and fairly risky for a long-shot at a solution though. You can get corrupted PS3 user accounts, which is what happened to me, but hopefully someone will come up with another idea :?

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 12:40 PM
Ok, I'll leave that as a last resort then. Big thanks for your input though, greatly appreciated :+

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 06:00 PM
Ok now.
I actually went through the hassle of testing out wether a new profile of the same name would recognize my old savegame - and it does. So I backed all my savegames up to USB, deleted my [eLhabib] profile, rebooted the PS3, created a new [eLhabib] profile, recovered all my savegames, re-set all my settings, fired up the game, and you know what? It STILL won't connect to the wipEout HD servers! AAAARGH! My nerves!

All this strain on my nerves, not knowing wether my savegames will really be ok, wether my friendlist will be there on the new profile (luckily, yes), and then all this only to realize it's actually the only part I can't do anything about: my PSN account! :blarg

Great, so what do i do now? Who can fix that? I feel like collapsing.

blackwiggle
15th January 2009, 08:54 PM
Have you tried selecting a different server area other than EU in the WOHD online options?
Who know?,worth a try.
Actually that might be the problem,the game might have you logged in online on a different area's server,that's why it won't let you log into the EU one.

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 10:08 PM
Nope, that's not it. It won't even get as far as letting me choose a server. Anyway, I'm calling Sony support tomorrow - let's hope they have a fix for that...

YouAreFubar
15th January 2009, 11:24 PM
Let us know how that goes. Ive also been having problems intermittenly with connecting to WipEout online. I either get a cant connect to server message or theres an error on the WipEoutHD servers and im already logged in. I usually have to leave it a few hours before it works again.

eLhabib
16th January 2009, 02:53 PM
This is SHI*T. I called sony support today, and they checked everything, every possible source that could cause a problem, and they simply can't find anything wrong! My PSN account is perfectly fine, I can access every other game's online mode, the PSN Store, everything except the wipEout HD online servers. The game install on my PS3 isn't the source of the problem either, as I've already re-installed it, re-set my very profile, still, no dice. All other profiles on my PS3 can connect to wipEout HD online just fine, only the [eLhabib] account doesn't work, not even with a brand new savegame.
I have now tried to contact SL, as it seems they are the only ones who would be able to find the source of this problem. I'll keep you posted, since some of you also seem to have occasional connection errors - only that mine is permanent :(

yeldar2097
16th January 2009, 03:26 PM
i feel for you man, it's annoying enough when i have 1/2 of trouble let alone permanent trouble.
i feel like i shouldn't complain but i will anyway... does anyone else ever go through the floor after the BR straight after the split in ubermall? last lap, danterich and alejess up my chuff...until i went through the floor and didn't respawn for a good month or so. argh. it happened twice more after that so i tried offline and it was all gravy. anyone else?

i really hope they can get this sorted for you soon eLhabib. i'll ask my guru to see if he knows anything...

eLhabib
16th January 2009, 03:35 PM
I've contacted SL directly now (although I really hate to bother them with it - not to distract them from working on DLC ;)), and those amazingly nice fellas are looking into it - let's hope they find the cause of this problem and beat the crap out of it :mr-t

Will report on the outcome. Everyone having connection problems with wipEout HD only, watch this space.

YouAreFubar
16th January 2009, 04:11 PM
i feel for you man, it's annoying enough when i have 1/2 of trouble let alone permanent trouble.
i feel like i shouldn't complain but i will anyway... does anyone else ever go through the floor after the BR straight after the split in ubermall? last lap, danterich and alejess up my chuff...until i went through the floor and didn't respawn for a good month or so. argh. it happened twice more after that so i tried offline and it was all gravy. anyone else?

Ive had problems round there online. After where the track splits and before the hill, I set off a quake a second before I got there and the quake just dissapeared. This has happened twice. Also at the same spot I was stopped dead and thrown into the air like id just hit an invisible bump.

eLhabib
16th January 2009, 04:23 PM
Please post these issues in the 'Random Questions' thread or the 'Bug Reports' thread, seeing as they are not really online issues per se. Thank you.

blackwiggle
16th January 2009, 07:34 PM
I noticed you were trying to get online again yesterday,I tried to get online myself a few times and couldn't, and from looking at my friends list nobody else could either.

DeepMix
18th January 2009, 06:51 AM
im sorry for u elhabib.... u have the same problem as me, dont bother deleting ur savefile cause i did, i tried deleting my savefile and creating a newone but... ok id log in, id read the user agreements and accepted it, i choosed the region and then It showed the same error as always... argggggg i just dont know what to do... i tried out everything...

i dont mind waiting more days for fixing this issue..... i just want to play wipeout online again cause i love the game.....

ill add u to my friend list, so we can talk each other if one of us find the solution

H3avyM3tal
18th January 2009, 09:15 AM
I'm having the same problem eLhabib. Exactly the same problem.

blackwiggle
18th January 2009, 09:36 AM
Which server are you using H3avyM3tal ?
Just trying to work out if the people who are actually stuck with not being able to get online are all on the same EU server.
I had the problem but I don't any more,I'm on the AUS server.

eLhabib
18th January 2009, 12:00 PM
DeepMix and Tomeru, I'll send your PSN IDs to SL and tell them that you are having the same problem as me - if that's ok with you?

klocki LEGO
18th January 2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks for Your help eLhabib;)

DeepMix
19th January 2009, 01:37 AM
DeepMix and Tomeru, I'll send your PSN IDs to SL and tell them that you are having the same problem as me - if that's ok with you?

no problem man, thanks

Futurespect
25th January 2009, 07:21 PM
Hi all,

I've joined the forum to add my name to the list. My router's fine (Type 2, wired, free IP and the rest), and it's only this game that can't connect.

I did have more than 50 friends when I bought it, which stopped me from going online until the patch arrived. I didn't need to delete my save after the patch, as everything was fine. I've deleted and redownloaded HD from the Store, but it doesn't work with a clean save.

I've restored my old save from a backup now. Please add my tag to the problem pile! Thanks.

blackwiggle
25th January 2009, 07:44 PM
I had problems last night unable to join in games,I had just bought a Sony headset and had the recharge cradle plugged into one of the PS3's USB ports.
As soon as I unplugged that I could get online again.
I also had a wireless keyboards transponder plugged in to another port,this was always causing the controllers assigned number to change,as soon as it was removed that problem ceased.

Have you guys with the problem got any equipment connected to your USB ports?,if so remove it and see if the problem is still happening.

eLhabib
25th January 2009, 09:02 PM
Nope, no equipment attached here...

Futurespect
27th January 2009, 08:46 PM
Patch 1.26 has failed to fix this problem.

kanar
31st January 2009, 12:34 PM
I'm suffering now of the same problem since yesterday 4h am. network error. can't connect anymore to the HD (euro) servers, they say my account is already signed. Great. Happened during a psn chat session, just before launching the race

Zoth-Ommog
31st January 2009, 12:56 PM
I also had a wireless keyboards transponder plugged in to another port,this was always causing the controllers assigned number to change,as soon as it was removed that problem ceased.

Have you guys with the problem got any equipment connected to your USB ports?,if so remove it and see if the problem is still happening.

This happens also with Guitar Hero's transponder.

kanar
31st January 2009, 04:13 PM
I can sign up through a different account, & play online. Elhabib could you pm me the SL address, I want my kanar tag back. My name is now ferenzina, flying with an AG-sys instead of my locked icaras & I'm canadian. WTF

Asayyeah
31st January 2009, 04:20 PM
Canadian ! Ahahah FBJ will be honored to host your new citizenship :P

Seriously though , i am F***in sad what is happening to you ... total crap :turd ... i will try to find one slot on the 100 from my buddie list to access to you tonight for Avalon.
Hope SL will work soon on your problem as well as Martin's one and the 2 other he mentionned earlier.

eLhabib
8th February 2009, 02:04 PM
Hey, have been on holiday for a week, need to catch up with the forums again... I'll report your issue to SL when I write them on monday, kanar. I know they are already working on it.

Connavar
10th February 2009, 12:53 AM
I have the same problem now, can't play online with "Connavar" but another account works fine.
How is this possible?? Should I redo everything with the other account?

blackwiggle
10th February 2009, 03:08 AM
Oh great,this thing is getting worse.:frown:

Your the 7th person that I know with the problem now.

Connavar
10th February 2009, 08:28 AM
Apart from this problem, what do these 7 people have in common that others don't?

blackwiggle
10th February 2009, 01:31 PM
Did you all have multiple user accounts on your consoles before you got the problem?

Darkdrium777
10th February 2009, 01:36 PM
Did you turn off the console while being at the online menu? Thus not disconnecting from the server before logging off the PSN (Possibly, no idea if it's possible to glitch the server like that)

Silly question, probably entirely unrelated, but if it is related... :blarg

blackwiggle
10th February 2009, 01:40 PM
I had the same error messages that these guys are stuck with,problem is I can't remember exactly what I did that got rid of it.

The WOHD server has been down for hours now,don't know what's happening with it now.

Connavar
10th February 2009, 01:58 PM
Did you turn off the console while being at the online menu? Thus not disconnecting from the server before logging off the PSN (Possibly, no idea if it's possible to glitch the server like that)

Silly question, probably entirely unrelated, but if it is related... :blarg
It happens sometimes yes, I'm in the game then the PS3 crashes, usually because
I'm using the XMB at the same time.
But still they probably use a timeout system...

And yeah I had myself multiple accounts before buying the game.

anderkovver
10th February 2009, 11:05 PM
i had the same problems this day and i can tell you that everyone had that problem because its a wipeout server problem....today i was racing kgb1971 and lost connection after that i couldnt get in anymore but i could chat with kgb1971 so he told me he could log in either...a new update should do the trick

chboing
11th February 2009, 11:46 AM
ok, so it is 12h46 GMT, and i cant login
is it down for everyone ?

oups, sorry, it's up now :)

Connavar
12th February 2009, 12:59 AM
No more problem, phew, thanks SL!

Constrictor
12th February 2009, 06:52 AM
Hi, did a quick search on this but couldn't find anything, so I give it a try.

Since some days now I experience strange things esp. when flying MoaTherma fwd/rev and I'd remember that on CP rev, too. Some weapon pads are deactivated for the whole race ... and there are no other races near or in front of me. Anyone did experience the same?

I don't have that much statistics on this but I experienced that on -well - phantom online and as far as I could remember the games were hosted locally (EU).

blackwiggle
12th February 2009, 12:34 PM
The none functioning weapons pads are a well known problem.

It's not quite as bad as it used to be [some people used to have no pads working for the whole race] while other pilot were getting them.
Some tracks are worse than others in this respect,but they can all suffer it to some degree.

Some have put it down to a lag problem,most likely caused by the hosts internet speed.

It varies,just like you will find that you can sometimes pass straight through bombs without them exploding.

Constrictor
12th February 2009, 02:39 PM
THX! It's some extra-special-thing added to the online meetings. I'd handle that

klocki LEGO
13th February 2009, 05:36 PM
I'm still offline today is 33 day off;/

kanar
13th February 2009, 07:16 PM
klocki, please don't let hd down! I'm still offline too, but I found I could still upload my profile! You can upload your times, & use another psn idea you created, unlock quickly the Icaras dude & you're online again, ready for March Attack!!

klocki LEGO
13th February 2009, 08:28 PM
Yes its true;) My Friend thanks for good words

DeepMix
15th February 2009, 06:01 AM
im still not able to connect :( its been around two months since the last time i could play it online, damn this is bullsh!t :(

eLhabib
15th February 2009, 05:05 PM
same here :( checking my mailbox every day for a word from SL, but nothing so far. They do have all the names of people with the same connection issue, though.

eLhabib
20th February 2009, 03:34 PM
Update:

The guys from SCEE were able to fix my connection problems today! YAY! :hyper

I've also given them the PSN IDs of everyone else with connection problems I know of:

DeepMix

Tomeru

klocki_LEGO

kanar

leethax21

shibobo

If anyone else is having problems, please tell me, so I can tell them.
SCEE told me that everyone's connection problems should be fixed very soon.

BIG THANKS to Tony, Anuj, Chris and Brian for looking into this (and to everyone else I don't know of).
Now, who's gonna join me for some easy wins - I'm out of training! :D

kanar
20th February 2009, 04:33 PM
I'll try that tonight! thx a lot for your efforts.

Futurespect
20th February 2009, 10:57 PM
If anyone else is having problems, please tell me, so I can tell them.
Can you forward my ID? Thanks.

Have they told you what kind of error it is?

eLhabib
21st February 2009, 09:28 AM
Nope, they didn't say, and it probably wouldn't mean much to us anyway...

I reported your problems.

kanar
21st February 2009, 11:22 PM
bad news, I'm still down. I heard klocki & Luxoflux are still down too...

DeepMix
21st February 2009, 11:51 PM
bad news, I'm still down. I heard klocki & Luxoflux are still down too...

im still down too and i hope they fix my account without any problem cause my account is from usa

eLhabib
22nd February 2009, 12:43 AM
I think they have to fix the problems individually, rather than patching it generally. Because of this, it is important that you post here if you are experiencing login problems, so the guys at SCEE / SL can take notice and look into it.

YouAreFubar
22nd February 2009, 03:15 PM
I still got the occasional connection issue about once a week or two where I get an error which says im already signed in to the servers and cant log on, but its nothing permanent and if I leave it for a few hours itll usually work again. Once I had to leave it overnight though. It even happens if its the first race ive played that day, so its not like ive logged in previously and not disconnected from the server correctly. Im glad its getting sorted for you though, it would frustrate me not being able to get on at all!

My PS3 is freezing online more and more though. I have to turn my PS3 off and then back on as even the controller wont respond at all. It happens mid race and also at the end where it shows your times. This is happening at least once a week but again is intermittent.

Addition:
In fact, I just tried to get online after posting this and im getting: 'An error occured whilst joining the channel. Please try again' I click retry and nothing happens. I tried signing out then back in of PSN and it didnt work either. I loaded COD4 online though and it worked fine. Ill leave it for a bit and try WipEout online again later.

Zoth-Ommog
22nd February 2009, 03:44 PM
Yeap.. same here, and seems like several players has that issue atm.

Racsol
22nd February 2009, 05:16 PM
Nope, they didn't say, and it probably wouldn't mean much to us anyway...

I have the same problem about a month, please report my problems. ID = Racsol. Thanks :)

blackwiggle
22nd February 2009, 08:58 PM
So lets update the misery list.

Kanar

acrooklyn

bambobanga

Luxoflux

DeepMix

Tomeru

Kloki_LEGO

leethax21

Futurespect

shibobo

Racsol

Zoth-Ommog
22nd February 2009, 09:11 PM
Naww it works for me again. Problem lasted about an hour.

I was referring to this one:

Addition:
In fact, I just tried to get online after posting this and im getting: 'An error occured whilst joining the channel. Please try again' I click retry and nothing happens. I tried signing out then back in of PSN and it didnt work either. I loaded COD4 online though and it worked fine. Ill leave it for a bit and try WipEout online again later.

eLhabib
23rd February 2009, 11:50 AM
I sent the updated list of affected PSN IDs to the troubleshooters at SCEE, and they said they will be looking into fixing all of them by the end of the week. *fingerscrossed*

Futurespect
23rd February 2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks.

It's still not working for me, but I feel better knowing that the issue's been identified.

Axel
23rd February 2009, 09:44 PM
If this many people are having the issue in the zone, imagine how many others are experiencing the same issue. Hmmm I'm afraid this may be a bigger issue that SL must address,

RobCoxy
23rd February 2009, 10:08 PM
Hopefully they'll address a few other things too... like the messed up AP Zone leaderboard, the glitches and a small matter of downloadable content....;).

Futurespect
24th February 2009, 10:55 PM
If this many people are having the issue in the zone, imagine how many others are experiencing the same issue.
Hard to say, because I joined up here after Googling for the problem and finding WZ.

I'd like to know if SL can patch it for good. Logically, it looks like telling the server we aren't connected should cure it, but that leaves it free to bite again.

CaptainWipeout
25th February 2009, 12:39 AM
Naww it works for me again. Problem lasted about an hour.

I was referring to this one:

This is happening way too often - I've been kicked off again tonight and can't get back on.

In fact it's pitiful and getting on my t!ts now - that and a lack of people online anyway..................maybe they're just fed up with not being able to get online.

DeepMix
27th February 2009, 06:02 PM
still not able to connect :( but now it just tells me that cant connect to the server

Racsol
1st March 2009, 08:16 PM
Any news from LS?

chboing
2nd March 2009, 08:34 AM
i had some problems yesterday to get online too

around 22-23h something like that

eLhabib
2nd March 2009, 11:25 AM
Well guess what: my wipEout HD online is broken again :( I informed the guys at SCEE, and also asked them about their progress with fixing the other users' issues. Here's hoping they find a way to patch the problem. Crap :mad:

djKyoto
2nd March 2009, 11:44 AM
Try a different PSN this time elhabib.

Mateo
2nd March 2009, 04:24 PM
Well guess what: my wipEout HD online is broken again :( I informed the guys at SCEE, and also asked them about their progress with fixing the other users' issues. Here's hoping they find a way to patch the problem. Crap :mad:

this sucks :rolleyes:

explains why you were playing yesterday evening killzone 2 instead of wiepout hd... ;):frown:

eLhabib
2nd March 2009, 06:24 PM
that, and because Killzone2 is awesome ;)

Luxoflux
9th March 2009, 03:19 PM
Anyone heard anything from SL or SCEE yet? Cause I still havent. I even begin to wonder if there even trying to do anything about it, since only about 15 people seem to have this problem. Also, i feel a bit like a ****head for wining about it cause my connection is down for "only" 3 weeks now :(

Danterich
9th March 2009, 04:57 PM
It´s so sad, but i´m "infected" too. Got the "disease" since 2 days now. Still seeing global records, but no online racing :?: I guess after a very intense wiping week(including ASTRAL) i´m forced to go "on vacation" from wipeoutHD.
Too bad that i´ll probably miss upcoming AVALON and ASTRAL sessions.....:frown:
PLEASE SCEE and SL, give us THE ANTIDOTE:!

kanar
9th March 2009, 05:08 PM
hey Danterich, I've been infected too for a while. You can still upload your records with you danterich ID, & as I said to Klocki_lego (infected too), I'll unlock the campaign with my kanar_is_back ID for this we, in order to host with my icaras lol. Seriously, with your level the campaign will take you about 4/5 hours, more or less. Unlock the ica & join Astral & Avalon & whatever you want, don't let hd down! lol I know, killzone is good...

eLhabib
9th March 2009, 06:04 PM
I just sent off another e-mail to SCEE, asking for the status on this - hope they fix this soon...
For now, I'll probably create another profile (called angryhabib ;)) and rush through campaign to unlock Auricom... meh :/

Darkdrium777
9th March 2009, 11:50 PM
You are jinxed guys... Seems it happens only with Euro accounts?
Have you tried setting your location to US (Well now you can't try...)

blackwiggle
9th March 2009, 11:56 PM
It's happened to US accounts as well,and to a second ID on the same console.
[acrooklyn/bambobanga].
The really worrying thing is that we only know of the ones reported here.
God knows how many others out there are suffering the same problem.

eLhabib
10th March 2009, 12:02 AM
I've now created a secondary account [angryhabib], just for playing wipEout HD online - let's hope this one lasts a while...

I was really surprised that it took me only about half an hour to unlock Auricom - it's only about 15 events required...
Anyway, feel free to add my temporary PSN ID to your buddy list :)

EDIT: Got a mail from my contact as SCEE saying this: Just been talking with the techi guys today and hopefully will get a fix out for everyone by this week.Will give you a update towards the end of the week.
So there's hope...

Danterich
10th March 2009, 03:26 PM
Hope, yeah, well, we´ll see:eek. I read a rumor elsewhere, where´s said that Firmwareupdate 2.70 is about to be released soon !!!
I´m not a very patient gamer(anyone ever driven GT5prologue online?), so i also made me an extra account for online races: "Danterich_clone". Of course i´ll delete it if the "original" is fully "rehabilitated" :nod

kanar
10th March 2009, 05:15 PM
lol Danterich, I hope they could fix that this week-end. If not, it will be a great clone war!

lunar
10th March 2009, 05:23 PM
:lol

"Clone Wars" could have been a great Avalon weekend title.

I really hope they can fix it - it sucks for you guys (I would be hopping-mad) and it sucks for Wipeout HD generally. Also I don`t wanna run into an "angryhabib" because even a not angry one is already scary. :cold ;)

Eloï
10th March 2009, 05:45 PM
That's good news. At least we don't feel forgotten :nod

eLhabib
10th March 2009, 09:24 PM
Actually, Mr. angryhabib would love to run into you once in a while, Stephen! :lol long time no race!

Darkdrium777
11th March 2009, 05:18 AM
10M PSN users, 20 of which are dupes for WipEout :P

blackwiggle
11th March 2009, 12:46 PM
Beg steal or borrow,I can see a MAJOR Wipeout GG this weekend.

Where is my Thumb masseuses,it's twitchin :dizzy

kanar
11th March 2009, 01:24 PM
Where is my Thumb masseuses,it's twitchin :dizzy[/quote]

LOL! In order to secure my VIPs Asa & Leungbok, I had no choice, I asked the military to deploy the Charles de Gaulle carrier in the mediterranean sea. They confirmed me a task force of 10 rafales & 20 Leclerc Tanks + GIGN support if needed, assisted by 2 awacs flying over the perimeter 24/24 from friday to sunday. Kanar_is_back. I've posted a satellite view in the march attack thread :lol

blackwiggle
11th March 2009, 01:41 PM
Glad my Broadband limit ticked over just now.[I've been SHAPED for the last 2 days]
It was looking sketchy for a while.
Full on racing against fellow Zoners,got to love that.:+

blackwiggle
13th March 2009, 09:36 PM
I think after last nights Avalon meet when KIGO1987 name appeared TWICE in about 4 to 5 online races,we might now have a better idea of how this dumb error that is locking peoples PSNID's out of the HD servers originated.

After the 5th race,the KIGO1987 clone suddenly turned into NZlion.

I think if one of the KIGO's had quit before it had fixed itself there would now be two more people unable to log in using their PSNID's.

I'm sure you were still racing Elhabib and would of seen it,I think Kanar-is-back might of recorded it.

eLhabib
13th March 2009, 10:00 PM
yeah, I saw the double-Kigo, was wondering how that came about... but yeah, I also figured it's probably someone else and the display is effed up.

Anyway, sweet action this afternoon - will definitely get a lot more racing time down tomorrow all day, hope to see you guys on track!

Lion
14th March 2009, 02:23 PM
I had no idea that anything screwy was going on with the display of my name, it all looked normal to me :)
glad I'm still OK for HD too... well, other than being so badly out of practise that I was lapped in most races.

Luxoflux
19th March 2009, 03:55 PM
Im very hapy to say that i can race online again :D so i suggest you all try to get online too. cause i doubt that they only fixed mine

kanar
19th March 2009, 04:09 PM
good news mate. thx for the info. I'll quickly try that!!! edit : it works now. big thx to SL.

eLhabib
19th March 2009, 04:48 PM
I received an e-mail from my SCEE contact today, saying that they tried a new fix, and that I should see if it works again today - which it does!

So, could everyone who was/is having issues please test again if it works now and then report in this thread, I will then report to SCEE. Thanks guys!

DeepMix
19th March 2009, 06:47 PM
yea it works for me now :D thanks for letting me know before elhabib.

btw i really need practice lol u guys owned me today lol

Racsol
20th March 2009, 04:35 AM
Thanks you sooooooo much eLhabib!!! I can play online YAY!!! :D

Danterich
20th March 2009, 08:13 AM
No, no. I still cannot connect to WipeoutHD servers as Danterich:frown:, but my clone can.

kanar
20th March 2009, 08:31 AM
wow that's weird mate, you seem to be the last remaining clone! too bad. Hope it will work for you soon.

eLhabib
20th March 2009, 08:52 AM
Danterich, please keep trying. If it really doesn't work, I'll tell the guys at SCEE. Since they seem to have found the problem now, it should be possible to fix you as well.

Asayyeah
20th March 2009, 09:21 AM
I am very happy for those who get back their proper ID(Olivier, Martin etc..), SL did a good job with them but unfortunately like in real life few of us still got problems :( , Danterich, don't loose your faith , you ll get there eventually ( btw your clone is freakin fast, if i had a choice i would prefer to race your old nickname ;) )

Danterich
20th March 2009, 01:55 PM
day 12(or13) of "disconnection":bomb I guess "The devil takes the hindmost!" , or what? Plz, eLhabib, send another request to your SCEE-contact !!
@Asa : Thx, but: Beware of the "Return of the Danterich!! :lol!!!

eLhabib
20th March 2009, 04:12 PM
Danterich, don't worry, I already told them. I think they missed you because you were not on the original list I sent them (you were the last one who reported 'infection'). I'm sure you'll be back online soon.
And don't go complaining either, your profile has had problems for what, 13 days? I've been offline since January... :lol

Darkdrium777
21st March 2009, 02:24 AM
Seems this was caused by my whole internet going bonkers. I'll try again now.

PSN is down. :/

pirahpac
21st March 2009, 03:08 AM
same for me " error 80710092" and all my accounts cant connect ..

Darkdrium777
21st March 2009, 04:23 AM
Playstation Network is back on and I'm relieved to know that I haven't suffered from the "Already logged in" error.

eLhabib
21st March 2009, 03:51 PM
Ok this is really starting to piss me off now - my eLhabib profile can't get online YET AGAIN.

*switching to angry mode*

Luxoflux
21st March 2009, 04:15 PM
after reading elhabibs post i tried to get online again. and guess what, same error again, and again and again :(

Eloï
21st March 2009, 04:16 PM
That angry auricom was pretty fast ;)

I have a very strange problem at the moment, it could be related with luxoflux's one, as I was racing with him before that happened ( a lot of racing btw :lol )

I can go online, but when I race, all the other ships are transparent, like when you start a race. I can be hurted by weapons and I can hurt other players, but I can't collide with them. I pass through, and that gives me a huge advantage in races. So I stopped playing for now, until that goes away. I tried to disconnect/ reconnect, but it's still there. Don't know if other players in the room had the same problem.

Sorry for my english I hope I didn't use wrong words :redface:

chboing
21st March 2009, 04:47 PM
i just played in the same games Eloi, and some of the ships were indeed transparent .. but not all, i came across a few mines too :)

Eloï
21st March 2009, 04:54 PM
So the problem could come from elsewhere! Anyway, I started the game again and it went away, that's good. The "can't connect" problem is very annoying though :/

blackwiggle
22nd March 2009, 12:00 AM
I started a room last night,it filled up then went through the loading procedure,and I don't know if the race went ahead or not as I got booted out of my own room.:|

Tried again and it started fine but got a weird slowdown then my console froze.

Don't know if this is an online problem of signs my console might be about to kick the bucket.

klocki LEGO
22nd March 2009, 01:23 PM
I try today go online and i can connect:) finally for 11.01.09 Thank You so much. i hope You can too.

stinkleroy
22nd March 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm really starting to get fed up of the glitches in this game....seems like more appear as time goes on.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I was just in an online tourni and right in the middle of Metropia rev my screen went completely black for about 5 seconds, but I could still hear the game going on in the background, then it magically reappered and I had lost pole position and was slung to the back of the pack. It happened on the next race too.

Not impressed at all :mad:

p.s. welcome back Klocki, it's been too long!

blackwiggle
23rd March 2009, 01:46 AM
I think online is really starting to show more and more problems,I don't know exactly what's causing it, but atm the number one suspect is the "Home" game launching beta trials that are currently being carried out.

My screen has gone black once,I've also suffered half second white flashes.
[No, I'm not menopausal :dizzy]

Those little nationality flags that used to appear next to a racers name during a race,I haven't seen those since the 3rd week of release.

Online chat is basically fully broken now,It used to work OK rarely,but it just hopeless ATM

I was playing online, Ubermall reverse 2 nights ago and suddenly this light pole appeared jutting out of the track surface ,just before the chicane.
It was like the whole track had moved about 20-30 pixels to the left and the buildings/poles etc had stayed it their original position.

The Ghost racers,two games melding into one,people appearing online as somebody else,people appearing twice in the one race,starting races with a weapon or turbo,getting thrown out of a room you created.......yep,online is cracking up.:rolleyes:

Lion
23rd March 2009, 08:17 AM
Those little nationality flags that used to appear next to a racers name during a race,I haven't seen those since the 3rd week of release.the only place I have ever seen flags in the game is in the lobby.
and even if they were in at some point, that's easily something that could have been patched in, decided to be a bad idea, and patched back out again... ie: a deliberate decision rather than a bug.

I have nothing defensive to say about the rest of your list... I've had some weird visual glitches on ubermall too.

stinkleroy
23rd March 2009, 02:49 PM
Well I'm glad it's not just me, I thought my console was on it's way out there :(

I can still see peoples locations from flags in the lobby so thats definately a bug. Also I was in a league tournament yesterday and on Sol2 rev where you come to the first sharp bend - random explosions every lap....no bombs or mines were placed, the track was exploding on it's own! It didn't blow me up but was just obscuring my view. Seriously I agree with you Blackwiggle - online is definately cracking up.

Racsol
24th March 2009, 11:40 AM
I can play on-line now. Thank god.

yeldar2097
25th March 2009, 05:15 PM
oh dear oh dear oh dear, i just saw myself hosting and was able to join...
what the?!

Darkdrium777
25th March 2009, 06:38 PM
You can play with yourself, that's cool. *

*No I didn't mean like that. :naughty

KIGO1987
25th March 2009, 06:40 PM
Im staying away from HD online for a while. These past few days its been an absolute cunnt in the highest order. If i where to express my complete opinions on the online gameplay, in this post, ill probably get this thread locked, and ill be band in less than a minute.

So dont expect me to be on the online servers, even if im on Wipeout, ill prob be fanging it around Moa Therma or Metropia listening to some beats. No racing, no anything, until i sort these multiple problems, and change from this stingy cunnt internet provider.

Lion
25th March 2009, 08:12 PM
oh dear oh dear oh dear, i just saw myself hosting and was able to join...
what the?!I had this recently too.
I was hosting a game, but dropped out of it, and when I looked again it was still under my name
out of fear of losing my ability to log in, I ended up continuing to play until the other guy left and I was the only one left in the room. At that point I left and my name disappeared from the list

Racsol
27th March 2009, 12:34 AM
Nooooooo!!! A can't play online again!!!!!!!!!!
Please eLhabib, send an e-mail to SONY to fix this very very soon, I will have a tournament this Sunday!!! No no no!!!

Darkdrium777
27th March 2009, 12:55 AM
Someone else than me fearing that your accounts are glitched forever? i.e. it will always come back, no matter what you do?
The current fix is obviously not cutting it...

Racsol
27th March 2009, 12:29 PM
I need this fixed today. OMG, I can't believe this! :'(

eLhabib
27th March 2009, 01:18 PM
I know, I know, mine's broken again as well, and yes, I already told SCEE and also said I'm not the only account that has gone apeshite again. However, I've lost confidence in SCEE ever permanently fixing this.
Just create a secondary account and you'll be fine...
Sorry, but I can't do anything more than inform them.

Racsol
27th March 2009, 02:14 PM
Thats ok, thanks btw.
I hope they fix this today. I must play with this account because i want the platinum trophy. Only Bling Brigade left...

Darkdrium777
27th March 2009, 02:37 PM
So I take it I've got to add the angryhabib to my friends right? :|

eLhabib
27th March 2009, 03:09 PM
if you like :)

Futurespect
30th March 2009, 08:41 PM
Is it officially fixed (I'll read the thread back in a minute)? It worked for the first time since December for me the other night.

I'd love to get Bling Brigade, if there's a chance of a meet? That and the Kill 50 were my two remaining trophies.

Edit: Ah, so it's off and on again. Not the news we wanted.

Racsol
31st March 2009, 12:55 AM
eLhabib, give me the SONY mail, please.

eLhabib
31st March 2009, 12:08 PM
They know that the problem still exists, so please be patient. No use spamming them from all sides. It's probably annoying enough that I ask them for an update on their progress every week...

kanar
31st March 2009, 12:41 PM
You're right El, no need to mail them every weeks our IDs are up, & down again just after a few races. That's my case lol, Kanar_is_back for the week-end. My kanar ID was abducted again too.

Darkdrium777
31st March 2009, 01:56 PM
As I thought, your accounts are glitched. This sucks for you guys. :|

Any indications as to what is the behaviour on our end that can cause the problem so we can try and prevent it ourselves?

eLhabib
31st March 2009, 02:22 PM
nope, SCEE say they are also tapping in the dark here...

yeldar2097
31st March 2009, 05:10 PM
yeldar2097 is officially dead as well...

SaturnReturn
31st March 2009, 05:15 PM
Me too. Can't get online with any account right now so hopefully servers will be back up soon.

Darkdrium777
31st March 2009, 05:24 PM
nope, SCEE say they are also tapping in the dark here...Uhh... Well if this ever happens to me I'll start using my fake accounts for EU, JAP and HK, then another PSN account I made some time ago. Don't think I'll use the one for buying stuff though.

Well this is kind of disappointing...

kanar
31st March 2009, 05:36 PM
The more you hate. The more you love. My save crashed one time, then my account. Thx to Elhabib's mails SL gave me back my account 2 weeks & again, I tried last night, abducted again. Really, SL we love you like we never loved before -lol-, but please, & once & for all, could you master this code stuff???

yeldar2097
31st March 2009, 05:58 PM
can people get online at the moment???
i've tried 4 accounts and non of them work :(
i'm literally on the verge of tears. ok, not quite but i'm really rather angry...

EDIT: looks like it was just the servers as many people couldn't get online. all fixed for me now though.

Vartazian
31st March 2009, 06:15 PM
Vartazian (The Account) cant get online either... it isnt just you.

DeepMix
1st April 2009, 05:24 PM
well my account is fixed i can login to servers, so it must be a problem of yours

Danterich
2nd April 2009, 04:33 PM
FW update 2.70 didn´t heal my account; Danterich´s still in "WOHD-sickbay" :frown::mad::eek:(:?::-

RJ O'Connell
2nd April 2009, 04:34 PM
Hopefully this will not be a major problem once the Avalon races start tonight/tomorrow.

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 02:52 PM
Just like the sister thread in the Pulse forums. This is another thread to post problems and online issues regarding Wipeout HD on the PS3.

Now...
I have had this fukn irritating problem since Friday now. The problem is that i have not been able to get on to the Wipeout HD online servers since i downloaded update 2.70. When i was downloading the update on Thursday night/Friday morning it fkd up. And i had to restart the console and start again. Second time was lucky and the update did follow through. I can sign into the PSN fine but whenever i try to get into Wipeout pulse online i get this message.

[Network Error

An Error Occurred whilst contacting the server.
Please try again.

CONTINUE]

No Wipeout during the Avalon weekend suck major big time. Really not happy about this.

blackwiggle
5th April 2009, 03:10 PM
I forgot to ask you when you messaged me last night.

Were you logged into the PULSE server at the same time you were trying to get onto the HD server?

I think this might have something to do with your problem if you were.

See my recent Glitch thread and be thankful that you WEREN'T online with HD.
I think you would of broken another controller if you were.:bomb

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah ive tried before and after logging into the Pulse servers, trying to get onto the HD servers. And still got the same message.

Is this the same SL bug that Kanar, Habib and LegoKlock have experienced? Cause im ****ed to know what i should do next.

Lance
5th April 2009, 03:39 PM
Kigo's new thread has been merged with the original thread on the same subject. A redirect link has been left for a three day period.

Darkdrium777
5th April 2009, 03:55 PM
Use the system recovery menu to re-install the firmware update.

To access the recovery menu, do the same thing as the guy in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0SPmkV-jco) (The instructions are available at the end).

Then perform a re-install using the option "Restore PS3 system" (I think that's it).

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 04:02 PM
To reinstall would that mean wipe the PS3 of all its data, or that to reinstall the last update?? Cause i think 2.70 is working ok on my console, its just being an absolute fu ck in cu nt to me this weekend thats all. I might see if i can jump onto my neighbours wireless to see if i can get a connection, cause i think a part of my problem is internal, and might be possilby the sh it yy ness of my speed connection.

I just saw the vid, this wont fuk my PS3 up right???

Darkdrium777
5th April 2009, 08:21 PM
It's a re-install of the firmware only.

KIGO1987
6th April 2009, 03:20 AM
Right...
Out of the six options, what selection do i choose, because i choose option 1, from the video , and i still havent been able to get onto Wipeout HD online.. Day4 now.

1. System Restart
2. Restore Default settings
3. Restore file system
4. Rebuild database
5. Restore PS3 System
6. System Update.

What one do i choose?

eLhabib
6th April 2009, 01:40 PM
5. Restore PS3 System.

Be sure to back up your savegames before you do.
Honestly, though, I highly doubt it will fix your wipEout HD online issues...

KIGO1987
6th April 2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks Habib, i might stay clear of that boot screen, i dont want to loose anything on my PS3 as of yet...

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 03:17 PM
if your worried about it all going tits up use the utility that backs it all for you (onto an external HDD). course if you don't have one then i'm not sure i'm afraid...

KIGO1987
6th April 2009, 04:43 PM
No probs, KigoAngelusRacer is here.

Darkdrium777
6th April 2009, 04:50 PM
Use the one which will allow you to re-install the firmware. Don't format the hard-drive.

Racsol
6th April 2009, 07:16 PM
Any news from Sony? :(

Darkdrium777
6th April 2009, 09:41 PM
Currently trying to redirect people who may be experiencing the error to this thread, from here (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3dlgames&thread.id=113506) and here (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=racing&thread.id=213243).

eLhabib
7th April 2009, 11:26 AM
Hi Martin,

Hope you are doing well.This is very unfortunate for all the users still to be experiencing this problem and the fix to be only a temporary one.

I have discussed a resolution with the tech teams for a permanent fix however this will take some time to implement. Im sorry for any inconvenience caused on behalf of SCEE but we have not forgotten about this one and I will continue to chase them on this.

Regards,

Anuj

be patient guys... (I know, this is taking way too long already.)

Darkdrium777
7th April 2009, 11:49 AM
Well it's gone from the potential dark void of empty space to a potential star shining in the sky. Let's just hope the big bang eventually happens yeah? ;)

Racsol
7th April 2009, 03:14 PM
"...but we have not forgotten about this one and I will continue to chase them on this."

I'm happy to know that.

Futurespect
7th April 2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it worked as a one-off for me last week, but then failed again when I tried to join a group for Bling Brigade on Sunday.

I've been wanting to claim that Platinum since the end of last year!

Racsol
7th April 2009, 09:41 PM
Same here, I seriously hope update 1.70 fix this. :pirate

leungbok
8th April 2009, 06:01 AM
This problem for the first time :( So BADTEST will have to work on the campaign to unlock things it seems ! :?

KIGO1987
8th April 2009, 01:31 PM
Its a bitch doing campaign again. A bit easier than first, but fuk elite in venom speed is irritating. Got my Icarus back though:)

racingsnail
8th April 2009, 06:10 PM
hi all. can you add me to the list please. not had much joy connecting to the servers for the past 3 months and its starting to hurt.

it wouldnt allow me to d/l the 1.30 patch so i decided to delete the entire game in the hope re-installing it would work. i have managed to get the update but still cant connect :( so it seems i am still lost in the depths of the psn :(

KIGO1987
8th April 2009, 06:28 PM
Well my KIGO1987 account is fuked good now. I cannot get on the fuking servers even with the update. Seems like my second account will be my permanent Wipeout account now. Fuking bullsht going through campaign again, fuksake.

eLhabib
8th April 2009, 07:08 PM
I'm really starting to get pissed as well. Honestly, as much as I love wipEout HD, but they really need to get their sh*t together at SL. I mean c'mon, this update has been in the works for how long now? half a year??? and then they release it and it's full of CRAP, causing lag, game freezes, all that jazz. I think it's safe to say that they F*CKED IT UP. :mad:

Racsol
8th April 2009, 07:20 PM
I have freezes in load screen... :blarg :blarg :blarg

chboing
8th April 2009, 07:21 PM
the only problem i had was little freeze during gameplay, but i'm personnaly convinced it's when a spectator come in.
cause for this avalon moa therma 20 laps race, we where 8 and no freezes at all during all 20 laps ...

Nunalho
8th April 2009, 07:31 PM
I cant boot up the game, it wont pass the loading screen....game freezes every f time!

Mu5
8th April 2009, 09:22 PM
Sign out of PSN - then fire up Wipeout HD.....then go into online. Should work now :)

Thanks for Rapier_Racer for that fix :D

klax75
8th April 2009, 10:20 PM
I like the new update just wish they would have put in offline ability to do the 20 lap races. And have track cameras for spectating.

Lion
9th April 2009, 05:47 AM
the only problem i had was little freeze during gameplay, but i'm personnaly convinced it's when a spectator come in.
cause for this avalon moa therma 20 laps race, we where 8 and no freezes at all during all 20 laps ...You might really be on to something there, that makes good sense!

Futurespect
9th April 2009, 06:19 PM
The logging out fix gets me around the new loading error, but I still can't connect to a server.

I think I speak for many of us when I say I'd like that SL e-mail address. Their complete lack of public communication is entirely unprofessional. I don't intend to get pissy with them, but feel that everyone with this problem has the right to go on record.

eLhabib
9th April 2009, 11:24 PM
Believe me, they KNOW about this problem, and are working on it.
No use spamming them with stuff they already know...

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 03:16 AM
eLhabib, please report those PSN IDs to Anuj at SCEE, they say they have the issue (Already Logged In) too, but refuse to sign up here.

Sekoku
Clisp
caliman87

From: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3dlgames&thread.id=113506&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Racsol
10th April 2009, 03:43 PM
Report Big_Jonny and Carnavall too. Thanks.

Futurespect
10th April 2009, 03:46 PM
Believe me, they KNOW about this problem, and are working on it.
No use spamming them with stuff they already know...
I'd like a public admission, that's all. My feeling is that they'll give up trying because a minority of affected gamers don't really matter.

I think they'll patch the new freezing issue and continue to leave us in the cold, both in terms of communication and finding an actual cure. It's been three months now, and without this forum I still wouldn't have a clue; Sony Europe were useless when I originally e-mailed them.

Thanks for your efforts on our behalf.

eLhabib
10th April 2009, 05:34 PM
Again - don't worry, they definitely know this is an important issue. They are looking into it. Yes, their previous fixes didn't work for long, so they have to start all over again, and yes, it will probably take some time. Be patient.

Hell, I've been one of the first 'affected' accounts, haven't been able to go online with my main profile since early January!
I've learned to accept it (for now ;)) - secondary profile works just as well.

RJ O'Connell
10th April 2009, 05:38 PM
Me and my still awesome first account send our condolences to KIGO1987 and eLhabib, now KigoAngelusRacer and angryhabib.

leungbok
10th April 2009, 05:39 PM
Sure, i too can't go online with "leungbok", but my sl/tt new times are uploading ! So, i can wait a little with "BADTEST" ;)

Genesis
11th April 2009, 12:43 AM
Hi there, i got the same problem that can be find there, some network error...

My ID PSN is "GenesisFR".

Thank you if you can make me play online (since I buy WipEout HD I can't play online).

eLhabib
11th April 2009, 01:36 AM
For now, create a new PSN account, you will be able to play online with it.

Genesis
11th April 2009, 02:06 AM
Ok thank you :)

NUD3
11th April 2009, 10:16 PM
hey guys

I can't get online with WipEout HD since January... :/

already tried to delete the game and re-download it, delete the save data (after backup), but nothing works...

the error message is: "An error occurred while contacting the server. Please try again."

the online mode works fine with my other PSN accounts (and its awsome ^^)

I have 99 friends in my main account, PSN id: NUD3_br

oh, and sorry if I wrote something wrong... english is not my 1st language ;)

eLhabib
11th April 2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the club, then ;)
Rest assured that you are not the only one with this problem, and it's being worked on by SCEE. For now, you'll have to race with your other account.

Danterich
12th April 2009, 10:16 AM
just for information: status quo for my account "Danterich" :frown:
Hope, hope, hope, but i won´t pray to the pope....:lol

Connavar
12th April 2009, 12:38 PM
Try to delete some of your friends, and it might work again, that's what I did, I think

KIGO1987
13th April 2009, 03:51 AM
Raced Yelder and Pirhapac today along with several others. And the races where great, but they where unfortunately fuked up due to those Windows Vista Weapons pads that are non responsive, and are sure a pain in the arse.

Soccermom
13th April 2009, 05:09 PM
eLhabib, could you add me to the list.

PSN_ID: Soccermums

:frown:

Wip3ou7
15th April 2009, 11:17 AM
I also haven't been able to play online since the new patch with my PSN ID "Wip3ou7pure" so please add that to the list of disgruntled WipEout fanboys.

DeepMix
16th April 2009, 06:15 AM
ok once again my account is bugged and i cant log in to the servers >: ( this is bullsh....

elhabib could u contact SL again? thanks, also i havent see you online in a while.... is your account bugged again too?

Asayyeah
16th April 2009, 11:30 AM
yes he got again some problems with his 'El Habib' profile : using Angry-habib now ( damn i need to think about adding him to my buddie list since i deleted the old-habib account :) )

racingsnail
17th April 2009, 12:05 AM
used a work around fix last week to get online and i have not had a problem since. not sure if its been posted in this thread so i apologise in advance if it has.

i simply didnt sign in to the psn and booted the game up. clicked the online option (ingame) and was forced to sign in via xmb. as soon i was into the psn i was online racing. i have no idea how this has fixed my 'server connection error' problem but it has worked a treat for me. give it a go and see if it works for you.

Genesis
17th April 2009, 02:16 AM
Doesn't works for me. Still an error...

Only way is to play with an other account, too bad...

DeepMix
17th April 2009, 03:13 AM
used a work around fix last week to get online and i have not had a problem since. not sure if its been posted in this thread so i apologise in advance if it has.

i simply didnt sign in to the psn and booted the game up. clicked the online option (ingame) and was forced to sign in via xmb. as soon i was into the psn i was online racing. i have no idea how this has fixed my 'server connection error' problem but it has worked a treat for me. give it a go and see if it works for you.

hmmmm its pretty weird cause thats what i do after updating wipeout to the lastest update otherwise my ps3 would get freeze at the loading screen

racingsnail
17th April 2009, 07:07 PM
ummm strange one. i am half expecting it to give me an error sometime soon tbh. just hope they get this sorted because they have had enough time with it. SL its time to put down the coffee and donuts and get a fix out pdq

Wip3ou7
21st April 2009, 04:21 AM
I am extremely frustrated that this hasnt been fixed yet.

DeepMix
22nd April 2009, 06:51 AM
im just sure that im not buying any addon they sale until they fix the online mode, and im talking about a permanent fix not temporary.....

cause this server bugs sucks

LOUDandPROUD
23rd April 2009, 03:06 AM
I'm upgrading from a 15mbps (max) internet connection to a 30mbps (max) connection tomorrow. I'm very curious as to how this will effect my online gaming and, specifically, the lag issues with WOHD. Anyone that knows more than me about this stuff have any thoughts? I play wirelessly using a pretty nice g-band router...

IH8YOU
23rd April 2009, 04:31 AM
Yeah - you want the biggest performance increase - go wired - not wireless. Dropped packets, missed pings, parity errors cause random delays and drops that wouldn't happen if you had wired. (everything from cell phones, motors, microwaves and other wireless networks can wreak havoc on your connection integrity) What you wouldn't even notice while browsing the web or streaming audio/video via wifi - can still hurt an online game plenty in terms of response.

Speed upgrade won't help as much as you think - as the game bandwidth *should* operate the same providing you reach the minimum requirements. (meaning if the game uses 30kbs data stream and you're using a 15000kbs internet connection - a 30000kbs connection won't really matter)

The biggest issue, which is often overlooked is your PING - data travels in "packets", the ping is the delay time between these packets. Meaning the server sends your PS3 a packet - and the time it takes your PS3 to reply is your ping. Faster ping is always better - and upgrading your connection speed won't necessarily mean you get a faster ping. I'd ask, to be sure.

Faster pings rule - ask someone who is a FPS nut - or wiki for moar. :)

Wip3ou7
23rd April 2009, 06:03 AM
Why in the world can I not sign into the Online Mode under my PSN name Wip3ou7pure? I can do it from the same machine on other names, but not on my main name. I also tried signing in from my account on a different PS3 to WipEout HD online and it still wont let me play! What the f is going on here?! Someone please help me get playing again.

kanar
23rd April 2009, 07:57 AM
Wip3ou7, I understand your pain, I was abducted myself (kanar ID) in february. I'm obliged to play online through my kanar_is_back ID. A lot of us were abducted (leungbok, kigo, habib, Danterich, Acrooklin...) Maybe they'll fix that in the near future... Elhabib had contacts with SL, they're working on it. Sometimes I'm wondering if this game hates us or what. I mean, erased saves, Ids abducted by the servers, & now 1.30 lag issues... Crazy. No! I won't play any other game!

Wip3ou7
23rd April 2009, 12:06 PM
This is so discouraging. Seriously you havent been able to play for that long? I really dont want to spend time playing online and investing ranks in an ID that isnt my main ID which I platinumed the game on. I want to use my main name, this is unacceptable. I know it might sound selfish but fixing the online for people who are unable to play due to some kind of server-side issue should be their top priority.

eLhabib
23rd April 2009, 12:51 PM
yep, and it is. But afaik the people at SL can't do much about it themselves - SCEE people are working on it, since it seems to be a problem with PSN itself.

blackwiggle
23rd April 2009, 01:16 PM
There must be some common denominator [all having similar settings/info on your PS3's] to have caused this problem.
Something that differs from those who have not suffered it.

LOUDandPROUD
23rd April 2009, 03:16 PM
@ IH8YOU - Yah, I know wired is best, but that would require me boring through walls and/or ceilings and trying to snake a cable from upstairs to downstairs...major PITA...sure, I could run a cable down my stairs and all around out in the open, but that would be unsightly and having to look at it would drive me nuts. So, wired isn't much of an option for me. Anyway, I'm upgrading my speed today, so we'll see if I notice a difference. I'll be sure to report my results...

stinkleroy
23rd April 2009, 03:29 PM
I've switched back to wired since the 1.30 patch to see if it helped with the god awful lag but to be honest it doesn't seem to have made much difference at all....still crap! ;)

IH8YOU
23rd April 2009, 11:15 PM
LoudandProud - I live 20 minutes away, have cat5e splicers/crimpers, a wall snake, and best of all, a 42" drill bit. :g

You know you want to. :nod

RedScar
24th April 2009, 02:56 AM
Still running wireless (all be it though the router is about 2 feet from the PS3) and don't have to many freezes from lag. I get more freezes from my PS3 freezing now-a-days

LOUDandPROUD
24th April 2009, 04:53 PM
@ IH8YOU - I must say, that is VERY tempting, my friend... Hmmm... I wasn't able to get my internet up and running with the new modem yesterday (damn Comcast), but I should be good to go tonight. I'll be testing it out vigorously this weekend, wireless-style. If I'm not thrilled with the results, I may take you up on what seems to be a generous offer to help me out big-time...I'll provide the pizza and beverages, of course. I appreciate the offer and will PM you if I feel your services are required! :+

Mateo
27th April 2009, 11:40 PM
User cleaner13 is now affected too for abaout a week. Please report him to SCEE too eLhabib, if possible.

KIGO1987
28th April 2009, 03:00 PM
Racing blackwiggle earlier. Alot of Vista pads around. Especially the one on the right path on Ubermall forward. Not fun at all:(

blackwiggle
2nd May 2009, 04:06 PM
Elhabib could you add another PSNID Tezasauraus to the list that gets set to SL please

silverfoxy
2nd May 2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah I had a couple of races with Blackwiggle earlier with the old "vista" pads. Very frustrating. I was even nosing down to see if that made any difference but alas not

Had to race elsewhere as no weapon pads not working = no fun for me.

KIGO1987
2nd May 2009, 08:01 PM
Yep:( Now us see how i experience online racing now:(

xtriko
2nd May 2009, 08:05 PM
Silverfox... didnt i raced you today? :) Xtriko2097

silverfoxy
2nd May 2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah had some good races with you and Zoth but in those races everything was fine my end.

Happens to me the most when Japanese or Australian people are hosting

blackwiggle
3rd May 2009, 12:13 AM
The weapon pads were dead this end of the connection as well,trust me on that.:frown:

Racsol
4th May 2009, 02:14 PM
More four to the club eLhabib:

- Carnavall
- dragao90
- Onil80
- Big_Jonny

:|

d4onps
5th May 2009, 04:56 AM
Was anybody else in the US today having "An error occurred while contacting the server. Please try again."

I fear I might have to be added to this list with hopes of it being fixed. Haven't been able to connect today with 'd4onps', but I was able to with other accounts...

I read through the thread and it looks like there's really nothing I can do besides I think somebody mentioned deleting everything (account, game), but I would like to hold off on that if possible.

If there's nothing I can do, eLhabib I'd greatly appreciate if you could submit my ID as well.

Thanks

(for the meantime I'll be using 'D4_wo')

eLhabib
5th May 2009, 12:59 PM
There's nothing you can do but wait for SCEE to fix it. Don't go deleting your account, that won't help in the slightest.

I'm writing an e-mail to SCEE about this issue right now, it's been a month since I last heard from them :(

d4onps
5th May 2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks so much!

Danterich
6th May 2009, 11:41 PM
Patch 1.40 arrived, but...deja vu...Danterich still cant fly online:frown:
Shame, shame, but who the hack is to blame:?: we´ll see if SCEE is about to do something in near future...LOLCRY:turd