PDA

View Full Version : Is my Ps3 broke?

micky1984
29th December 2008, 12:22 PM
ok just got back from holiday and booted up my ps3 for some little big planet action. it asked me to update a new patch which was fine. i played for an hour or 2 and the quit the game via the xmb (i made sure the HDD light wasnt flashing befor i did this). the next time i booted up the ps3 i got to the main menu as normal i can connect online and see my friends. . . . but the system crashes wen i try to see there profile or:frown: run a game, go on the playstation network ,check game settings etc. everything appears to be normal but i cant do these things. also the ps3 knows i have 8 games on my HDD but it wont let me get them. so has any1 had any similar problems or heard of anything like this. it wud be greatly appretiated if any one cud help.

blackwiggle
29th December 2008, 10:12 PM
I've had problems with mine since yesterday but I think mine are heat related as it's very hot here ATM.
Your problem could be really simple to fix.
Go to settings accessory,have a look at reassign controller,make sure controller is No1.
Now go back and everything should work.

If not,well it's something more serious.

Your best place for an answer would be the Playstation forum in your area.
Post the question under Technical Problems and you should get a answer from one of the Mods or Beta Trial people that could tel you exactly what the problem is

stin
29th December 2008, 10:48 PM
Or possibly air vents which you look at, just to be on a safe side.

Because, I always check on everything I use, the likes my big tv, my computers, even my old playstation.

I know, these are expensive material and that is why I always conscious with my things and last longer life.

I`m only try to help here, you know.

stevie:)

micky1984
29th December 2008, 11:05 PM
yeah im also rather obsessed with the air vents lol always watchin for pesky dust. i will try the controller thing but i think its buggered. i rang the helpline and they said they wud repair it luckly im still within my warranty but sadly it does mean i cud be without my ps3 for a month :frown: i guess ill have to make do with pulse and super stardust for now. cud be worse i could of dropped my psp in the bath today as well :paperbag

KIGO1987
30th December 2008, 03:51 AM
Yeah. When i was online, before there was a minor power blackout (first one this summer). I could see you jump on and offline again, again and again.. Was thinking somethings wrong with Micky's PS3. The last resort you can do is speak to Sony themselves. Theres a different helpline phone number, dependind what zone your country is in.

blackwiggle
30th December 2008, 08:55 AM
I think HOME and all it's implementations have stuffed the messaging system up.

micky1984
30th December 2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah kigo that was me repeatedly trying to get my ps3 to work, just blindly reseting it, I must of done it like 10 times. sorry if i distracted u during any races lol.iv tried taking the hdd out and putting it back in but no luck there. i think its well and truly pooped. nothing to do but sit and wait for sony to come and repair it :frown: which is a shame cus i had a week planned of HD till uni started up again, At least i have no excuse to do no work now ( sighs and sits at desk with pen in hand)

chaos80
30th December 2008, 02:31 PM
Join the club! Sorry about your PS3, though. Mine died totally, and I have been without one for nearly four weeks now... and still waiting for my new one to arrive! :frown:

KIGO1987
30th December 2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah kigo that was me repeatedly trying to get my ps3 to work, just blindly reseting it, I must of done it like 10 times. sorry if i distracted u during any races lol.iv tried taking the hdd out and putting it back in but no luck there. i think its well and truly pooped. nothing to do but sit and wait for sony to come and repair it :frown: which is a shame cus i had a week planned of HD till uni started up again, At least i have no excuse to do no work now ( sighs and sits at desk with pen in hand)

Thats a bitch! The PS3 did a windows vista on you. If your bored during the christmas/New Year season without the PS3 working, just PM on these forums and we can do some Wipeout Pulse online instead:D You still got a PSP right?

micky1984
30th December 2008, 04:54 PM
ok the plot thickens ! so i tried turning it on today and this time my ps3 informed me the my HDD system was corrupted and that it wud restore the system ( cant remember the exact words but it was on that line) it went thought a brief loading bar and then reset. The same message came up again and it went throught the same loading bar. this time when it reset it worked and i can now use the ps3 normally. iv loaded HD and that works as does little big planet. everything seems ok :lol just to be on the save side tho iv backed up all my save files to my laptop just in case it all get nasty again.. anyway has anyone else had the same message as me about the hdd being corrupted i havnt come across this befor on any forums. cheers for the offer on pulse Kigo i still have my psp lol ill let u know if im on pulse

Darkdrium777
2nd January 2009, 08:35 AM
The recovery system of the PS3 worked :) Good to hear. :+

I've had a message show up about my HDD as well, what it ended up doing was remove any special formatting and file organization, as well as all the PSN messages. It left all the other data untouched though. If you've had the same, your PS3 is fine. It's just a message about the file organization thing being corrupt, it fixes itself on startup...
However if you really lost everything (All the data like music, photos, videos, saves and games), I'd format the disk using a PC and do a check disk on it do see if it is damaged (Since you would have lost everything in that case there would be nothing to back up so formatting wouldn't hurt). If it is damaged, well consider changing HDD ;)

micky1984
3rd January 2009, 07:32 PM
Everything was still intact nothing missing to my knowledge so all is good