PDA

View Full Version : LBP Crystal Cavern level...ideas?

TheFrostE
19th December 2008, 07:56 PM
well i was hit with inspiration today for my upcoming level, and AG wolf is coming tomorrow for the day to help me get the framework off the ground...any ideas are welcome

heres the intial concept we are going to be working off of:
you start off at the base of a snowy mountain...or maybe even a little snowy village . and you are in seacrh of a "Crystal Shard" (the dark crystal knock off) you leave the starting point...and stumble across the cavern ( maybe falling through a trap door in the ground...covered in a snowy material) and you find yourself in this massive crystaline labyrinth. im thinking of having enemies that look similar to the crystals themselves.almost like the surrounds of the cave come alive, symmetrical shaped enemies, like hexagons, circles and squares that kind of move towards you slowly in patterns possibly.( think shmmups). maybe a crystal like monster at the end...something that looks like a scorpion? but made with shards of glass material. the boss contains the crystal shard and emits it once defeated. you grab the shard and drag it onto a platform that makes the backdrop dissolve and you are back in the village ( i think i can make the effect, ive seen it in some other levels online.)