PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 64 Soundtrack Questions

DawnFireDragoon
6th December 2008, 08:10 PM
Hey all.

liking the wipeout 64 soundtrack, but i can't find much about it online.

i know fluke did a couple of tracks and the propellerheads did 'bang on!' but what about the others, are these cold storage tracks?

any info on the track list would be awesome. thanks.

G'Kyl
6th December 2008, 10:05 PM
Some musician/s called PC Music. Though I have to admit, I don't know much about him/her/them. Unfortunately, neither Google nor Wikipedia are of much use if you enter "pc music" as a search string. ;) Even Mobygames doesn't really have a clue. The best I could come up with is this http://www.last.fm/music/PC+Music. So maybe it IS Tim Wright after all - although I wouldn't think so. :)

Btw: Do buy Fluke's Risotto album, if you like their soundtrack pieces. I did after I heard Goodnight Lover from WO64 and it's a great CD! I now have Reeferendrum in my WOHD playlist, which makes for an unusually relaxing atmosphere during Zone sessions. :)

Ben

DawnFireDragoon
6th December 2008, 11:56 PM
interesting, i suppose it could be tim if it is indeed in-house, as PC Music seems to be. whatever/whoever it is, i like it.

i will indeed check out some more fluke. :)

Ah, just noticed someone has put the wipeout 64 soundtrack on youtube.

Though some tracks over run and you get silence for a few minutes.

And as there's no legal way to get this soundtrack, i'll be converting those video's to mp3's then re-editing out the over run's and cut-off endings...to get myself this soundtrack!!!

great! :)

Darkdrium777
8th December 2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.pcmusic.org/about/team.php?lang=en

Also I sent you a PM

DawnFireDragoon
8th December 2008, 11:10 PM
thank you Darkdrium!

rdmx
9th December 2008, 03:29 AM
That PC Music website doesn't look remotely correct. That website appears to deal with people making music on PCs using programs such as Cubase or using synthesizers, etc.

Darkdrium777
9th December 2008, 05:22 AM
Well it's Google, the copyright is correct time wise (PCMusic.org copyright 1997, WO64 came out in 1998.), and it's about music!
So I don't know if it's that one or not. I don't see anything discrediting it, Tim Wright wasn't really ''well known'' before WO, so it can be the same for PCMusic...

Anyways, no problem emerald :)

G'Kyl
9th December 2008, 07:02 AM
Yes, that's what Google spits out, but to me it doesn't even look remotely like what we are looking for. There's so much "wrong" about the site, starting with "PcMusic" instead of "PC Music". Just look at the kind of content they offer - it's an informative site that's mostly about the technical process of making music and not about the creative output. And don't you think the information about a bunch of community dwellers being responsible for the WO64 soundtrack would have slipped SOMEwhere during the last ten years? ;-)

Yes, you never know... but one needs to be careful researching the internet. Not everything that sounds right in Google IS right. After all, you're mostly entering search terms that are highly suggestive! As a matter of fact, I figure that a somehwat reliable way to search the internet is by honestly trying to falsify your own supposition. But I digress. :)

Ben

Pico de Goroh
4th June 2009, 01:19 AM
just unlocked velocitar and the pirhana. There is a special song that plays during those two unlock screens. Shame that's the only time you get to hear it, its the best song in the game.

Anybody have any info on the artist/name?

AG-wolf
5th June 2009, 03:53 AM
You sure it's not "Miles Ahead" that plays in the credits screen?

Autechom
12th March 2010, 11:31 AM
Just found this: CD for 2.75 pounds on ebay uk,new.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wipeout-64-soundtrack-CD-1998_W0QQitemZ350327127049QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CD sDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL?hash=item51911fbc09

Ok,forget it. Told me it is a self-made CD.

Dan Locke
14th April 2010, 12:37 AM
Why bother with low-grade recordings when you can listen to the actual files through crystal-clear emulation? Get the soundtrack and a Winamp plugin here. (http://mediafire.com/?ntazgwzjqmm)

AG-wolf
14th April 2010, 12:44 AM
is that the "64th note" plugin? if it is, it has a few inaccuracies unless you tweak a couple of its settings. I remember playing with it a couple years back

Dan Locke
14th April 2010, 03:04 AM
Yes, it's 64th Note. It's also the only N64 music player that I know of.

By the way, "PC Music" is actually two people: Rob Lord and Mark Bandola. They also did the bonus tracks on the Saturn version of the first game.