kanar
1st November 2008, 03:29 PM
Kanar's AvAlOn

teasers:
http://files.filefront.com/CHDAT011AVI/;12290210;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/CHDAT010AVI/;12290198;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/avalonpreviewAVI/;12120587;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/avalonpreview2AVI/;12120611;/fileinfo.html

(All tracks), phantom class, 3 races per track, only the third with guns. Best no guns times quoted. I've added 2 kind of trophies lol, best player & best bling brigade of the week-end. Hope to see you all!

GMT
friday : 19:00 to 01:30
Saturday : 14:30 to 01:30
Sunday : 14:00 to 20:00[/B]

Direct feed/chatbox :
http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/ (arena chatbox if you're logged)
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4 (avalon racing league)
FINAL times :
vineta k : Wellington86 1.44.98
anulpha : Mr_hypnos 1.53.82
moa : Mad Ice 2.02.89
shenghou : Mad ice 2.06.24
metropia : mad ice 1.48.75
sebenco : elhabib 2.03.81
ubermall : pirhapac 1.53.80
sol2 : il_Nik 1.46.83
REVERSE

vineta k : mad-ice 1.43.63
anulpha : Mad ice 1.54.82
moa : Mad Ice 2.03.66
shenghou : mad-ice 2.02.59
metropia : pirhapac 1.49.44
sebenco : pirhapac 2.03.12
ubermall : pirhapac 1.54.08
sol2 : pirhapac 1.51.40

Overall Mvp : oh 2 wipers : Mad-Ice & Pirhapac
Bling Brigade (best 8 wipers) : Pirhapac - Mad-Ice - Haydn - Wellington86 - Leungbok - Amorbis - KIGO1987 - Kaori714
BLING BRIGADE 2 : Emwu23, Il_Nik, hunk83, chaos80, lunar, xtriko, stin, avenger2197

BIG thanks to : Amorbis, Wellington86, leungbok, ferrariman, aurelien1978,haydn, ronyfight, pirhapac, jeppo99,chboing,spartiate,il_nik, mad-ice, akro2, chaos80, rushinmonkey, gtp_fruitcakegt, vieuxst3f, psihodel, scooby876, redash, xtriko, denmanjohn, rorider, tyrion75, frozenmandarin, function13, darthpt, aramis1522, hunk83, lunar, avenger2197, rexfarucao, derckie, vreeswijk, tusman, emwu23, kyella, clemvst89, ifds, kocur13, stew, KIGO1987, kaori714, warlook, joce71, kenheine, marydean, z1r0rEI, azog, pat59200, isao tanaka, gortika, salmantino23, nyctalopian, spoon56, speedymaxou, reyhimself, blackwiggle, angelseb1972, yabbadabbado, le centre, michalovic82, gr44ny, cooliceman_dk, stin...

lunar
2nd November 2008, 01:05 AM
Great format, Kanar, this is going to be a lot of fun. MVP and Avalon Bling Brigade are great ideas and should motivate pilots! ;) I will be a little bit busy that weekend, but will drop in and race when I can. :beer

eLhabib
2nd November 2008, 04:09 PM
Shame I won't be able to participate :( sounds like a lot of fun!

SuperNova
3rd November 2008, 07:27 AM
Same as eLhabib here, Not good for my timezone.
Sounds like a great format

kanar
3rd November 2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your support guys, Elhabib too bad you can't join! Yeah, my hope is to host a huge format. I'll do my best to pass through all timezone saturday (extended host time), I can't organize a worldwide competition without my australian friends. I need at least 6 red bull for that+ coffee+food near my ps3+phone turned off lol. So in three words :

YES WE CAN!

Asayyeah
3rd November 2008, 01:47 PM
My name is Asayyeah and I support this message

Lance
3rd November 2008, 04:07 PM
Oh bloody hell, you've been affected by American television. ;)

Darkdrium777
4th November 2008, 01:03 AM
My name is AsayyeahNo it isn't.
:D

Hmm halfway through November seems like a good time, if I'm available I'll try to come. We had great fun when I removed the remaining two or three weapon pads that were still working the other day. Solid races, I like that :)

Lance
4th November 2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, it is! :D

Darkdrium777
4th November 2008, 02:07 AM
Not his real name, which was the point I was trying to make. ;)

Lance
4th November 2008, 06:22 AM
IMO, "Asayyeah" is even more real than his given name, since he chose it himself. Names one chooses for oneself are truer expressions of one's character than anything else can be. Names chosen by a parent represent their own character rather than that of the child. Other than that, the official given name is just an instrument for government and businesses to keep track of you.

Mad-Ice
4th November 2008, 03:06 PM
Avalon in full effect! I'll try to be there as much as possible! Looking forward to it! Big thumbs up for Kanar.

I totally agree with you Lance (is that your real name?) :lol I think the original people who lived on the land that is called the USA, gave their children their real names when they were around 4 or 5 years old, when the character was clear enough to fit to a name. Always like it very much.

We should have a thread about names, gonna make it now.

Avenger2197
5th November 2008, 02:56 PM
I'll try my best to be there, as I have to work all three days. Spare moments? Who needs 'em, when there's Avalon to be had! lol

And yes Native Americans chose the name of children based on personality. It sometimes would take 10 years for a name to be decided.O_o

kanar
7th November 2008, 05:50 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the support, you give me strength for this -really crazy/insane-special week-end I've planned lol
I was just wondering, what do you think of the idea to open an "emergency host" when we're full, hosting reverse tracks? The second host just have to quote the best times, if they're better compared to the current ones. This is just an idea. Maybe we'll never reach the 8 players limit lol. Anyway, if you're interested, just let me know!

chboing
14th November 2008, 06:22 PM
i'm interested cause i cant enter your game right now !
:)
it says 6/8 though .. i should have room !

cu later for sure !

Mad-Ice
15th November 2008, 08:00 AM
Yesterday evening I enjoyed Avalon once again. When I began I was so tired and I made so many stupid mistakes. After a while I was warmed up and in full effect.

I had so many wonderful races with all of you guys: Pirhapac, was very fast yesterday. I am glad you could make it here. Wellington had a few really good races on some forward tracks, respect mate, I am happy that Lunar introduced you here, I think we will hear more from you! Leungbok, thanks for racing I think whenever I am online you are there, so good. Amorbis was there only for a few races, next time I hope for more races with you. Chboing, nice to meet you and I think you enjoyed Avalon very much! il_Nik, my italien friend, you were too fast on Sol2.

Last but certainly not least; Kanar, our superb host. You are becoming faster and faster my friend. You left your Piranha and found your new ship with Icaras.

Races with weapons off in HD are more difficult than in Pulse. Collisions between ship are heavier, your shield drops very fast and your racing line is disturb immediately! Also your starting position on the grid is very much important. If you start in the first four starting positions you might have a chance to win, but if you start in position 5, 6, 7 or 8 you can forget the win.

See you all soon greetz Mad-Ice

OBH
15th November 2008, 02:22 PM
Sorry i couldnt hang around longer last night. company turned up. Will deffinitly be about more over the weekend.

Had some very good races at first, got straight into it and was banging out some first places. Wellington and chaos80 are very fast. Though the amount of times i got shot by a missile while in first, just to then take rockets from second and third as im against a wall, i got tacken out loads!

Only got 2 races with Mad-Ice, and didnt have my best. Every time youve been involved ive been pretty dier :D

Though what was the funniest thing - realising Leungbok is a dirty, dirty racer :):):) you ruined so many of my races barging my into walls and mines. Though twice i had a great last 2 laps to rob the win right at the end.

great stuff.

KIGO1987
15th November 2008, 05:58 PM
Whatya know, the servers are being themselves again, just before Avalon starts:

NETWORK ERROR:
An error occured whilst joining the channel. Please try again.

Anybody else having these problems?

kanar
15th November 2008, 06:05 PM
yeah that sucks. I'll keep an eye on it. I hope to race online tonight

kaori
15th November 2008, 06:36 PM
I can't join the online too.

leungbok
15th November 2008, 07:42 PM
realising Leungbok is a dirty, dirty racer :):):)

Lol, Haydn
I was innocent before. But racing with rude boys like RR, Asa, Kigo, Hellfire...and many others here) perverted my heart ;)

KIGO1987
15th November 2008, 08:27 PM
Well i made it for a few races, VinetaK, Anaulpha Pass, Moa Therma, Metropia and Sebenco Climb, untill the stupid game bugs made my PS3 get stuck on the message screen while typing a return message to Kanar, dumb game bugs, always there to ruin a good event:(

Well thanks for organising one of these Avalon events again Kanar, this was the first Avalon ive actually attended since the last one in Pulse, many months ago. Triakis did a good job on most of the tracks. Did i get the record for Moa Therma no Weapons??:g Need to sleep now, early hours here.

Amorbis
15th November 2008, 08:34 PM
I've had some great races over the past two days. Everyone here on WipEout Zone are very fun to race with and very competitive! I've been able to race with familiar faces such as Kanar and Leungbok and getting to know even more pilots such as Mad-Ice, Kigo, Wellington and lots more.

The races that have taken place have been so fast and close. I know I've had one or two victories taken by cheeky pilots :P Racing with no weapons is a big challenge with taking the right line and trying to avoid costly mistakes without any means of using a boost to get back.

I might be back tonight, but I can't guarantee anything. I should be able to race tomorrow, I look forward until then.

OBH
15th November 2008, 09:37 PM
Lol, Haydn
I was innocent before. But racing with rude boys like RR, Asa, Kigo, Hellfire...and many others here) perverted my heart ;)
Asa is something else.
I managed to put a good shift in against hellfire, but asa.... except anulpha pass reverse, i was always a ships length behind.

sorry mate, out of everyone ive ever met online, ive never wanted to beat anyone more than yourself :D:D

looking forward to the banter ahead!

Lance
15th November 2008, 10:22 PM
About that beating Asa thing, good luck with that. ;)

---

Many have tried; many have broken
Many a curse was loudly spoken.

:g

stin
15th November 2008, 10:24 PM
Which I can...;)

stevie:lol

il_NIK
15th November 2008, 10:56 PM
Many thanks to all of you, mates.

Racing with you is simply insane! Wellington :sonar is one of the fastest racer ever... Feisar is a really strong ship on his hands...

I want to excuse me because of my poor ability on racing with you (and for my poor english above all), but I promise you a strong drive-training of mine in the next weeks...also on reverse tracks

Thanks to Mad-Ice :clapfor his congratulations about my races on Sol2 :eek :redface:, and thanks to all of you for your friendship :clap

Thanks again Kanar, your Avalon Project is simply brilliant :beer

leungbok
16th November 2008, 08:00 AM
sorry mate, out of everyone ive ever met online, ive never wanted to beat anyone more than yourself :D:D
So, that means i'm famous !:robot :lol

Mad-Ice
16th November 2008, 08:04 AM
Racing etiquette in Avalon; during the races with weapons off I encounter a lot of bumping and pushing from others, which I don't like. I wonder if some of you also encounter this? Is it because of lag or is it on purpose?

If I race in Avalon I will always try to take my own racingline and avoid other players. I will do everything not to hit other ships. Of course there are always some situations where it is happening but not on purpose!

What I would like to know is; have you been pushed a lot by me to the walls. Because if so I know the pushing from others is more because of lag then a way of racing.

Thanks in advance.

leungbok
16th November 2008, 08:28 AM
It happened to me a lot of being pushed by other ships (had some dnf because of it :eek). To be pushed by your ship Mad-Ice, is very scarce, for that it's needed to be before you;)
I, too, always try to follow my lines, but it's not easy with 7 great pilots all the time right next.

kanar
16th November 2008, 09:03 AM
wasn't on purpose I think, there was more a crazy fight for the best racing line & -of course- a bit of lag too. The "ghost thing" should be more activated, in order to avoid ship collisions : when KIGO joined his australian connection turned him into a ghost, so I saw I had the same moa racing lines as him lol. I found some tracks really tiny yesterday night for 8 insane wipers. I remember anulpha forward or reverse, everyone had the same racing line, wich means a real mess on the track lol. Mad-Ice, I think it's just a matter of practice, again. Gt5 prologue slamming races have no excuses compared to our Phantom class lol, I mean sometimes it's just too fast, you can't control your turn &... collision/weird jump/DNF. I have to train more to avoid that!

Amorbis
16th November 2008, 12:30 PM
I get bumped and knocked around the track quite often, not just in Avalon but in any race online. With 8 players all going on similar racing lines it is going to be hard to avoid each other. I agree with Kanar about the ghosting of ships and that maybe it should take the Gran Turismo approach to try and prevent accidents.

Ship bashing is annoying and can ruin some races but on the whole isn't that big of a deal. Maybe if the game ghosted ships more often, then things might be a bit smoother.

lunar
16th November 2008, 04:50 PM
I think most of the ramming is accidental. Anyone who has been rammed by me can be sure that it was - I`m just too busy trying to hang on to some sort of racing line. I found out that you can fit two Gotekis side by side on the ramp at Anulpha Pass, not sure how though, and there was no ramming, fantastic.

Would be nice if we could race without ship collisions, but then it`s up to us not to make a mistake and get gang-banged by the pack if we are in the lead. It`s not easy to forget about that pack of lunatics within a couple of seconds of you when you are leading, and you can drop from first to last so easily.

Cheers Kanar for another great Avalon event. The standard is now so high it`s amazing. Often every name on the grid is a rocket-pilot. I was angry at my stupid mistakes in my first session, then got it together better for the next and really enjoyed it, thanks, Avalon rules. :rock

kanar
16th November 2008, 06:06 PM
THANK YOU so much guys. This event was great THANKS TO YOU ALL. More than a competition, it was a fantastic gathering between excellent wipers. Everyone made his "historic" race (il_Nik, emwu, Lunar, chaos80, Haydn, Avenger, Gortika, Hunk83, Xtriko, Kaori, Leungbok, Kigo & Blackwiggle : in the middle of the night for them!... Amorbis, Stin...Chboing... so many awesome phantom wipers!), I was so happy to host so many people just for fun/wipeout. First post updated. I hope to race you more soon! now back to SL training.

& pssst guys check it out : nov. 28/29/30 : back 4 more!

OBH
17th November 2008, 03:24 PM
good times.

i did well on most tracks, though my ubermall reverse, chengo reverse, and moa therma skills = :turd:turd:turd

question though - on your first post you have your best 8 wipers. is that based on wins/times or anything?

kanar
17th November 2008, 04:06 PM
lol, no, but it was my first idea. I've finally decided to be more subjective... every wiper who entered the room was impressive somewhere or sometime... I just made a -partial- choice of 16 fantastic wipers. And it was so hard to choose because this tournament was -kind of- a fantastic international meeting, everyone who joined contributed to the show.

Nadia Elenova
18th November 2008, 10:26 AM
****, I missed it. All my house is upside down right now, hope everything is in it's place for the next meeting. :dizzy
What? I can't say "****"?

KIGO1987
18th November 2008, 11:19 AM
Rob turned the **** filter off. Bad isnt it, so you cant say **** ****ty **** ****ed ****ing **** ****y bitch bastard dickhead dumb****, you get the picture, lol.

rdmx
18th November 2008, 11:21 AM
People used to have more self-control pre-filter y'know :dizzy. Be nice and it might get turned back off.

Asayyeah
18th November 2008, 12:32 PM
After reading you , i am pissed of not to be able to make it last weekend :( i was expecting so much on that weekend and all comes wrong to me, i don't want to enter into any further details but i had a ****ty F****ing weekend , except friday evening when Dag came at home.)

Hope things will turn better for me next Avalon round :?

kanar
19th November 2008, 08:24 AM
I hope so too Asa!!! last week-end was a blast. But after the race, I had a thought for you, Flashback, Expitarius, alterego, darkdrium, del stepho (we MISS you!), djmaniac, elhabib, nadia elenova, RJ, The muse... I really hope to share some crazy online sessions with all of you nov. 28/29/30! http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5507 (my last scheduled online event for 2008, I need a break after lol)