PDA

View Full Version : 'Zico Liu' is a very popular person

KIGO1987
31st October 2008, 10:02 AM
It seems like Zico's now infamous venom record on Analpha Pass has gained him a fair bit of celebrity status, just by reading few of my friends PSN user comments, i see he is a very popular individual now.

Here are a few comments some people have above there PSN IDs,

Fck Zico
Fcking Zico
I Fked Zico
Zico up the ass

and my fav

Zico is my bitch

Looooool.

Colin Berry
31st October 2008, 08:36 PM
Thats a bit of a shame to be honest, because he didnt really want a trophy named after him but we twisted his arm :)
He's one of the nicest people anyone could hope to meet and is so dedicated to Wipeout its untrue.

Still he is very good, so I guess he deserves some stick :D

Darkdrium777
31st October 2008, 08:49 PM
I've got some of his ''fans'' in my list as well :D

''I beat fckin Zico!!'' ;)

Well what do you want, every celebrity has his or her haters. :)

KIGO1987
31st October 2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe thats why he didnt want his name in the trophy list, unwanted additional attention. But hey he is probably one the most well know people that are apart of the Programming team and/or possibly the entire SL team, thanks to his Analpha pass record. Type Zico in google and you gets tonnes of hits, videos, etc.

There is a really funny photo, i recieved a few days ago of someone who completed the Zico trophy, it is probably one of the most funniest photos ive seen all year. But hey its all in good spirit. Some peoples PSN comments are just hell funny to read along with the dodgy avatar they have with it.

blackwiggle
1st November 2008, 12:26 AM
And then there is when you can say "your a zichole "

xtriko
1st November 2008, 10:31 AM
I'm one of the psn members with a message to Zico. It's not on a bad way :S I respect everyone. I only did that because he made my hair become a little more white XD In fact, I think that the photo was talking about is mine.
So if Zico is reading this, man, YOU ROCK! :D I don't wish to you and to no one any bad luck ;)

NeilSmith
1st November 2008, 12:33 PM
Share the photo? :)

JABBERJAW
2nd November 2008, 11:38 PM
what is the zico medal anyway? tt single race? and what was the time?

funny stuff

Darkdrium777
2nd November 2008, 11:50 PM
Equal or beat the time of 30.82 in Speed Lap Racebox with the Piranha at Venom Class.

leungbok
3rd November 2008, 07:45 AM
...on anulpha pass forward ;)

KIGO1987
3rd November 2008, 09:41 AM
Share the photo? :)

Share the photo Xtriko, that photo is a classic, got me laughing big time when you sent it, instant classic, those of you who understand how much of a cnt Zico is to complete, the photo sums up all the emotions in one picture, lol.

----

Did elhabib get zico in 2 barrel rolls? Anychance you have that video to share with us, im pretty sure im missing one barrel roll somewhere, wouldnt mind seeing an actuall video how to do it properly, cause getting the barrel roll onto the skybridge is an absolute cnt to get.

eLhabib
3rd November 2008, 10:01 AM
I got him with 2 BRs, yes. Turbo up to the skillcut, 1st BR there, then drop down to the left with sideshift after the last speedpad on the skillcut, BR No.2 on the drop, catch another speedpad on the landing.

EDIT: yay 3000th post, thanks for pointing it out KIGO. Now, where's my trophy? :rolleyes:

trentdf
3rd November 2008, 10:43 AM
wow, 2?!?!?! i only scraped in with 4, you must have been following a helluva line.

good job :+

KIGO1987
3rd November 2008, 10:46 AM
I got him with 2 BRs, yes. Turbo up to the skillcut, 1st BR there, then drop down to the left with sideshift after the last speedpad on the skillcut, BR No.2 on the drop, catch another speedpad on the landing.

Thanks alot, ill give that i try when i have a moment.

BTW your 3000th post.

kanar
3rd November 2008, 10:51 AM
I've just beaten him this morning! Damn that was hard! I really hope zico haven't tried phantom class yet!

Lance
3rd November 2008, 03:48 PM
"EDIT: yay 3000th post,..."

You are sO far behind. :g

But actually you are gaining on me. So are a lot of you.

Zackdem
4th November 2008, 09:24 AM

EDIT: yay 3000th post, thanks for pointing it out KIGO. Now, where's my trophy? :rolleyes:

By the skillcut, you mean the bridge on the right in the end of the lap ?
a turbo to jump on the bridge & br ?

I tried several times with other places for the br and my best time is only 31''90 :brickwall

eLhabib
4th November 2008, 11:34 AM
yes, turbo onto the narrow bridge. hit the turbo as soon as your ship is around the inner apex of the lefthander before the jump, then pull up and BR, and try to land before the first speedpad on the bridge. After the last speedpad on the bridge, sideshift left (without turning) and BR, you should land right on the banking of the lower track, get the BR boost, then drop off to the left onto the right speedpad.
It is also worth mentioning that I didn't use a single airbrake for that line, only sideshifting. I also used sideshift to catch the 3 diagonal speedpads on the straight after the first lefthander - no turning of the craft required.

chboing
4th November 2008, 03:52 PM
i tried your line during like, 99 laps eLhabib :) i only managed a 31.1x something. And i took 16 speed pad, on the record page, it says you took 14 ... i dont understand where i stole 2 more speed pads, maybe first left turn ?

though, i finally managed to beat zico with the 4 BR technique, with motion sensor to nose up. otherwise this 3rd BR to get on the overbridge is too dificult.

took me like 250 laps, maybe 300 ... i was HAPPY with my 30.69 !!

Zackdem
4th November 2008, 08:24 PM
argh, it's coming closer, 31.52, but i miss 1 br each time i make a good lap...

Thanks for the tips eLhabib :)

blackwiggle
5th November 2008, 12:50 AM
Elhabib.
From the start line and before you side shifted across the 3 diagonal S/Pads,did you take the tightest line around the corner[which would means 1 or 2 less S/Pads hit] or did you hit all the S/pads by taking the corner wider?

And if it was the tightest line,was there a specific way you took the first corner? :Side shifting.

I'm starting to think the tighter line might be the option,as even though you hit more S/Pads you are actually having to travel further across the track to line up for the 3 diagonal S/Pads,which actually costs you time.

Is that the case?

Zackdem
5th November 2008, 09:01 AM
Personnally, I tried to side shift in the first left corner, it help me to gain a few time. after I use the 4 br lap. The 3rd br before the bridge makes me going :bomb since I'm still not able to perform it each lap, but it's better than before.
I reached 30.97 so I'll continue this way to beat it (soon 8)

KIGO1987
26th January 2009, 09:32 PM
Right,

This trophy is beginning to give me the immense ****ing ****s. 3 BRs to get under 30.82 is BS, 4 BR is possible with a perfect racing line, but 5 BR is the way a certain trophy.

Where about can you get the 5th BR on the course? And what are the best ways to get that nasty bitch of a BR onto the skybridge? If anybody has got a video of the way i love to see it.

IH8YOU
26th January 2009, 09:41 PM
I feel it's somewhat of a cheat to use videos - but I'm sure that hasn't stopped 90% of players from looking. Just look up "zico" on Youtube. :blarg

yeldar2097
26th January 2009, 09:55 PM
Where about can you get the 5th BR on the course? And what are the best ways to get that nasty bitch of a BR onto the skybridge? If anybody has got a video of the way i love to see it.

i haven't got a video (there's a truckload on the 'tube), but i'll do my best to explain.
1. after you boost off the bump to catch some air.
2. land as far to the right as possible and aim left when you take off to do the 2nd BR
3. the bost should kick in on the crest of the hill which gives you more air for a 3rd.
4. people have told me you can sideshift the left-hander (before the 3 pads in arrowhead formation) and get a BR here. i couldn't do it cos i'm rubbish but it's not crucial.
5. the toughie: take as tighter line as possible and then get as high on the bank as possible so that your sort of diagonal when you take off. i used motion for pitch here to help but you don't actually need it but it greatly improved my consistency. get the LRL off as quickly as possible. if it helps, switch to d-pad (if you're a stick user). this makes it somewhat easier.
6. standard procedure: drop and BR onto the pad
7. crack open the champers.

Alternatively, follow a ghost so you get the line right.

Darkdrium777
26th January 2009, 09:59 PM
cygnuzy was the first one to post the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTmo2EMWQ8&feature=channel_page). I thank him many beaucoup a lot of times :lol

Connavar
26th January 2009, 10:03 PM
KIGO: even without the hard BR (onto the bridge) you can get 30.55 with only 3
BR, if your lines are perfect that is, trust me on that, I did many 30.45 with
only 3 BR (with Icaras, add maximum 0.10 sec for Piranha).

But yeah, I suggest you do that 4th BR, the 5th BR is completely useless, it
doesn't give you any boost advantage.

LOUDandPROUD
26th January 2009, 10:40 PM
Well, all I know is that I made a valiant attempt yesterday. On lap 97, I did everything perfectly (or so I thought), nailing 4 BR, including the last while dropping onto the speed pad from the bridge, and I still didn't beat Zico's time. I believe I got 31.48 or something...I forget. I was bewildered and have no clue why I failed (maybe I thought I hit that last speed pad, but just missed it?). At least I got my 99 laps trophy...lol. I'll attempt the feat again some other time for sure though...

blackwiggle
26th January 2009, 11:57 PM
I can see another controller coming to a early demise in Western Australia shortly.:paperbag

Connavar
27th January 2009, 12:28 AM
LOUDandPROUD: use tighter racing lines

IH8YOU
27th January 2009, 12:56 AM
Jason - Connavar is right - taking the corners as tight as possible (without contacting, over steering, or airbraking) is KEY. I've had laps with all barrel rolls but bad lines - that gave me a slower time than a lap with GOOD lines and missed BRs.

LOUDandPROUD
27th January 2009, 02:35 AM
Gotcha, fellas...thanks for the tips!

atat23
27th January 2009, 02:04 PM
I was trying this over the weekend, I'm down to 30.86! it's a killer. I'm sure if I do another session I will get the time though. Tried about 30 laps last night and got around the 30.90 mark so I'm quietly confident.

It's really all about my line now, it's never tight enough when I come off the pads at the start (when I hit them all that is). My line from the three speed pads all the way to the overpass jump is dire and the barrel roll on the overpass jump is 50/50 at this stage.

KIGO1987
27th January 2009, 03:50 PM
Is it possible to complete zico without that BR roll onto the skybridge?

yeldar2097
27th January 2009, 03:58 PM
not sure, it bags you quite a lot of time. you could try and get your lines perfect and turbo onto the bridge instead but i don't know if that'll be fast enough.

silverfoxy
27th January 2009, 05:32 PM
I think it is possible to Beat Zico and not do the roll onto the bridge by sideshifting instead of turning and tight lines.

I normally use the D-pad to control but found the barrel roll onto the bridge easier with the analogue, in fact, I found it a lot easier generally to BR with the stick.

I found the best way to roll onto the overpass was really tight to the left hand side and then you seem naturally to go right. Go as far right as poss and turn 45 degrees left, I pull down and then hope like feck that it works.

Have to say that Beating Zico was a proud moment especially after a 30.83 4 laps previously. I really thought after that lap I'd never do it but got a 30.69 in the end I think.

That and Zone Zeus have been the hardest trophies (so far) to get. 50 online kills is hard for different reasons for me.

yeldar2097
27th January 2009, 06:09 PM
I normally use the D-pad to control but found the barrel roll onto the bridge easier with the analogue, in fact, I found it a lot easier generally to BR with the stick.
really? the stick? i find it so much less consistent. each to his own though. i got desperate so i ended up using two fingers on the pad, one left, one right. i'm pretty sure it's doable without the bridge BR if you get 3 from the turbo as opposed to just 2. i'll have a go this weekend

Greenix
27th January 2009, 06:27 PM
Is it possible to complete zico without that BR roll onto the skybridge?

Yep, I did it that way. Doing the barrel roll onto the 'skill cut' was just bugging me off to bad

KIGO1987
28th January 2009, 12:58 PM
Sweet. I might try that. So 2 BR on that jump into the dip, and one off the skybridge, so 3. Is that even possible... I guess you got it. Did you happen to knock it up in 3 or 4 BRs? Cause i can only seem to find 3 with your good strategy.

yeldar2097
28th January 2009, 02:11 PM
i'm not sure if it's that much faster but you can chain 3 from the turbo jump. it's in an earlier post in the thread.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O877da7BrTs&feature=related this shows the x3 chain but it might be faster to just do 2 and get the lines/float perfect. hope this helps.

blackwiggle
28th January 2009, 09:26 PM
If it's possible to do it without that one onto the overpass,well even I might give it a try.
My success at that one BR is abysmal and the reason I've basically given up on beating zico,not that I've really put much time into it as it just gave me the Sh1ts.

Greenix
29th January 2009, 12:07 AM
I'll double check my ghost, but I'm sure I did it with just the 3 rolls - the first from the boost off the litte nudge before the 3 speed pads, the second when landing from that and the third off the overpass. Can't remember how many laps it took though, forget laps, more like days.

zeeZ
29th January 2009, 05:07 AM
I got it down to 31.16 that way. Out of my about 400 attempts yesterday, I managed to get like 4 barrel rolls onto that overpass... after a gazillion of respawns (half of them ending up useless because it put me back upside down)

RedScar
29th January 2009, 10:06 PM
HA, take that zico, it only took me 120ish laps but I'm teabaggin you now

LOUDandPROUD
9th May 2009, 10:02 PM
I hate Zico. Decided to give it another go today, ended up getting ahead of my ghost (which was at 31.08 or something) and felt I did everything pretty damn near perfect. Crossed the line and heard "new lap record" and I'm waiting to hear the chime and see my pretty trophy pop up, but, no...30.86. 4/100th's of a second behind. I want Zico dead. I WILL beat him. :mad:

Vartazian
9th May 2009, 10:09 PM
Took me 4 laps to do it today.

Its alot easier when you put your nose "up" :beer

Axel
10th May 2009, 01:07 AM
He is the sole reason why I have given up the chase for that platinum trophy. Bollocks challenge if you ask me :(

PS: Yes I would also like to punch him in the face :P

IDReaper
10th May 2009, 02:45 AM
I beat Zico on May 1st, on version 1.3. Used boost from previous lap to start, hit all speed pads and side shifted left, nose up and boost, barrel roll, barrel roll again, side shift after the narrow part, side shifted again onto two of the three speed pads, cut low then moved up high for the jump onto the higher tier. Aimed for the very edge to the right, barrel roll. Hit all speed pads, jump off to the left and barrel rolled onto final speed pad. Took me 115 laps to do it right, in the end got a time of 30.77. Also did airbraker and arcade perfect that day, but Zico drove me crazy, it kept me up past midnight ><

ProblemSolver
10th May 2009, 07:51 AM
... I want zico dead.
r o f l

OBH
10th May 2009, 01:18 PM
Does Mr.Zico Liu race phantom? Or does he even race under the same name??

Honestly I dont think ive ever seen him, and i really dont race/pay attention to leaderboard times other than phontom.... so i cant say ive ever come across him. :|

TaroBarkhan
10th May 2009, 02:50 PM
I bet he uses a totally different name as online ID.

Otherwise he couldn't join any online game without getting eliminated 10+ times every race. Especially with all those racers that are :bomb, because they can't get the trophy. ;)

KIGO1987
10th May 2009, 05:15 PM
That would be a smart move for him.

Its like you see in a race

ZicoLou has entered the room

Then you see. a few hundred times.

ZicoLou has been eliminated

then later on

ZicoLou has left the game ..... then he creates another stupid time for people to break there controllers over.

BlochNWhitey
10th May 2009, 06:24 PM
Haha, the frustration with beating this trophy is gonna be legendary. The only problem I had with the trophy is that you had to do it on Venom speed. D<

As far as the way I beat it, I used a boost from the previous lap, hit the boost pads, and the boost jump+barrel roll before the other three boost pads. Just keep your lines tight and smooth, as I only did one side shift the whole lap to avoid the wall after the first three boost pads. As far as getting the barrel roll before the shortcut pass, is to pull the nose up before then.

TwIsTeD
17th May 2009, 05:06 PM
31.09 at 99 lap:brickwall.I'm gonna break my ps3 now...

KIGO1987
17th May 2009, 05:22 PM
break the controller its less expensive than the PS3:)

Darkdrium777
17th May 2009, 07:47 PM
Break nothing, it's even less expensive :lol

I know the feeling though. ;)

leungbok
17th May 2009, 07:58 PM
Don't think i'm kind of masochistic, but i'd love a new challenge like zico's coming with the future dlc ;). Maybe with a best reward than just a trophy (a new extra skin or something).

kaori
17th May 2009, 08:23 PM
Oh yeah, beat Connavar on all 16 tracks in Venom! ANd Flash too! & Connavar can update his time in order to cancel your trophy :twisted

leungbok
17th May 2009, 08:31 PM
I thought about a hard but possible challenge :lol

Connavar
17th May 2009, 10:14 PM
LOL!!

Seriously, the Zico challenge was my favorite along with Zone Zeus, i think it
forced us to really go deep into the speed lap and zone modes, which is a very
good thing, then some players will start liking those modes and not just
multiplayer.

Also, the time of 30.82 was a very good one, and the 75 zones for Zeus was
also a very good number, really had to push yourself to reach it!

silverfoxy
17th May 2009, 10:34 PM
I think trying to beat Zico now would be a lot less challenging than before the update. The thing that really p1ssed me off before was that you could only try and do it every other lap which meant hundreds of pointless laps round AP. At least since the update you can cancel your boost and save it for the end of each lap. The other thing that annoyed me was it was venom class - i'd have much preferred any other speed class for this one particularly on AP as zone zeus is (pretty much) only achievable on AP, or is definitely easier on this track.

With Zeus it was a much more gradual progression towards the trophy. Each time you got a higher zone or super zen, subsonic, mach1, zone 70, you knew it was possible to do and its so satisfying when you finally hit zone 75.

KIGO1987
18th May 2009, 04:25 AM
Zone Zues is possible on Moa Therma, a few have achieved this, im getting fairly close to it.

kiwiatlarge
18th May 2009, 07:23 AM
Is there any other Platinum trophy that is 'technically' more challenging to get than Wipeout?... thanks largely to these two trophies?

There are many games require you to spend 60 hours in a week to get trophies... *cough Killzone 2, or play for a billion years... *cough Warhawk... but % for % this game must rank as one of the hardest to me..

Connavar
18th May 2009, 08:54 AM
There is probably more challenging than this, but certainly not better, those
trophies are perfectly crafted, and cover all the aspects of the game.

afatsuoM
18th May 2009, 11:10 AM
Is there any other Platinum trophy that is 'technically' more challenging to get than Wipeout?... thanks largely to these two trophies?

There are many games require you to spend 60 hours in a week to get trophies... *cough Killzone 2, or play for a billion years... *cough Warhawk... but % for % this game must rank as one of the hardest to me..

Some of the Super Stardust HD trophies are really challenging as well. Especially "Late Boomer" and "Shock and Awe".

kiwiatlarge
18th May 2009, 11:17 AM
Some of the Super Stardust HD trophies are really challenging as well. Especially "Late Boomer" and "Shock and Awe".

Funnily enough I have all the SSHD trophies except those two... ;)

S&A I think is quite achievable, and have come close on occasions... usually to be undone by everything turning to custard in the space of only 5 seconds.... but LB... wow, that trophy is something else.

Spece2goin
18th May 2009, 04:08 PM
As connavar said, wipeout platine trophy suits well to the game itself.

Some games require you to buy an extension, wich is 10€, to get all trophy, that's not acceptable!
Others need you to finish them so many times that it's not even funny.

Spece2goin
24th May 2009, 07:54 PM
ARgh : I HATE ZICO!!!

with a session with lot of laps (over 50) i reached the time of 30.98!!!
maybe there is a better place to use the turbo (i use it befor the 3 speed pads, nose up, to get a BR, and another after.)

my main problem is the BR before the upper part of the track (the line!) i can't make it each lap, and need more practice with it to have more succesfull laps, then i could work on imporving the time!

silverfoxy
24th May 2009, 08:17 PM
That is (IMO) the best place to use the boost but make sure that you don't put your nose too far in the air. You ideally want just enough air to be able to pull off the BR.

With the one on the bridge it is just practice, stay tight left on the bend until you naturally pull away, go as far right as possible, nose up, aim 45 degrees left and then it is a bit easier to pull it off.

Also try and sideshift as much as possible as this will save fractions of seconds and it may be just enough to do it for you.

Keep going, at least if you mess the lap up you can cancel your speedpad and not have to do it all over again.

Connavar
24th May 2009, 08:43 PM
Spece2goin, make sure to finish the session, normally I never improve my time
after 50 laps but today I did a perfect lap on the 99th lap!!!
You can imagine how happy I was :)

I think I ran about 40-50 sessions on this particular event, now I hope nobody
beats me lol... (and I agree with silverfox, sideshifting is very important)

Spece2goin
24th May 2009, 08:59 PM
thanks to both of you for the advice.

unfortunately, i didn't have time to finish the session, i got BB trophy invite.
and there is also a trophy for completing 99 laps, i was going to...

and i use sideshifting too, maybe not enough, for exemple, at the place there are 3 pads in triangle, i use sideshift to got the one on the left + the middle one
i think it's the only turn where to use it, as the others are easy curves, where you go easily on the apex. (except for pads)

then, i got the good idea of what lap to make (fyi : that was my second attempt on this trophy)

i just need to practice...

ty

H3avyM3tal
25th May 2009, 09:42 AM
Its a tricky one, no doubt about it. I always came extremely close to getting the trophy, but somehow it always eluded me. Until I got some tips from reading some thread over at game faqs about side-shifting over the speed pads. And lo and behold I got up one morning, and 15 minutes later the trophy was mine.

It involves skill thats for sure, but some luck as you can see from my case. I did had alot of sessions but on that morning I managed to exceute everything the way it was suppsed to be. So you should also always be at your best.

AnErare
25th May 2009, 11:09 AM
I still can not do it. Venom leaves so much room for mistakes it requires the least interference with the ship it's inertia..

Constrictor
25th May 2009, 02:35 PM
From my experience it's one of the most painful trophies as there is no, btw NO, room for mistakes and in the end so little progress - in comparison w/ the Zone trophies. My hit rate for the BR on the ramp was only 10%, I think. Until I finally got it, I was so 'good' at AP venom (checking every possible location/corner to sideshift) that I nearly made it w/o this BR. In the end I made daily session w/ 20 or 30 laps each. That meant 10 to 15 hot laps before v1.30. And with luck I found that my timing for this pita BR was totally messed up. Overall I think I flew somewhere between 600 and 700 laps :lol to get it.

And the really bad experience was, when I made everything right until the BR down the ramp. I f*cked that BR up 3 or 4 times. But you can and will make it

btw, I usually fly d-pad but for that trophy I changed to stick.

KUKUSHKA
2nd June 2009, 08:32 PM
I didnt find this one particularly hard. Just watched few youtube vids on where to br and then did it in 140 laps :D

yeldar2097
2nd June 2009, 09:04 PM
i literally shat myself when i did it on the 2nd lap on my 2nd account.
luck was certainly with me that day... :lol

LOUDandPROUD
2nd June 2009, 10:00 PM
Well, decided to make another honest attempt at beating Zico today (I've made well over 200 laps in attempts so far)...70 laps gone by...on lap 71 I got ahead of my ghost again...and VIOLA! A 30.73! Frickin' finally! Damn, that felt good! :hyper All I have left is Zone Zeus for transcendence! That's gonna be tough for me, as I'm not much into Zone mode, but if I got Air-Breaker, I should be able to get Zone Zeus, eventually...and who knows...maybe I'll grow to love Zone? :)

Moriarty79
3rd June 2009, 09:50 AM
I beated Zico monday!!!
The key to beat him is the BR at the begin of the brige/ramp.
Do it and beat Zico!!!

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Moriarty79.png (http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Moriarty79/)

Thegide
3rd June 2009, 03:59 PM
Or don't do it and still beat Zico like me :)

I still can't master that BR onto the bridge. But I pulled 3 BR (triple pads, immediately after over the crest into the narrow tunnel, and off the bridge) and finished with a 30.82. Sideshifting works wonders for shaving off time.

Now if only I could get the bridge BR, I could probably get my time down to 30.3 or something.

LOUDandPROUD
3rd June 2009, 04:06 PM
Congrats, Moriarty79! Feels great, doesn't it?!

Seraphim1982
3rd June 2009, 11:55 PM
Wasn't too long ago that I did this but after a few hundred laps I was feeling the frustration, I hit every BR that was needed and got a 30.83!!! If Zico had been in the room at that moment I would have thrown him through my plasma screen :D

Learnt to tighten up the racing line and got a 30.67 in the end so yay me. Really should have used the opportunity to learn sideshifting though, still can't use it to save my life.

Moriarty79
4th June 2009, 12:55 PM
I'm feeling very well...
After Zico's i think will be invincible!!!!!!!!!1
:))

Spece2goin
7th June 2009, 08:36 PM
30''79

omg, what a good feeling, with only 1h of woHD in a month, i decided to give Zico a new try.
and guess what? sideshifting made me gain 0"20
thx to advice i found here!

mcgra
7th June 2009, 10:24 PM
I beat this guy ages ago, took hundreds of laps. :brickwall

Still haven't beat Zone Zeus though.

FatScarf
8th June 2009, 04:25 AM
I beat Zico then an hour later beat Zone Zeus, utilising the adrenaline rush from finally getting that damn laptime beat :P </gloat>

RedScar
8th June 2009, 04:51 AM
I just beat zico for a buddy who couldn't get it, 15 laps is all it took.

mic-dk
8th June 2009, 05:01 AM
I decided yesterday it was time to get serious about this. 100 laps done, 30.97... So close, and yet so far... :)

EDIT. Just want to wave my flag. Another 60 laps and I ended up at 30.82. I'm never doing another Venom speedlap on Anulpha. Ever.

Motorsagmannen
11th June 2009, 09:53 PM
just got my zico, earlier today i made a major breakthrough and set a new PB of 31.13, which was 0.2 better than my old PB. then after watching BSG for a couple of hours i decided to have another go. 4 laps pass by without any significant result, but on ther 5 lap all hell breaks loose and i hit every sideshift better than ever before, the 2x BR on the mid straight lands perfectly on the speedpad on the hump, went up the hill, and managed the sideshift to get the dubble speedpads. in the last turn before the overpass i look back... the ghost is nowhere to be seen. i dont risk frakking up the overpass BR and go straight for the cleanest line. BR down on the to the ritght side wall just before the speedpad and launch for the finish. on the sixed lap i hear a trophy ding right after i pass the first corner, i stop dead in my tracks on the mid straightand look up to the top right of the screen. there it is the fabled beat zico trophy. i turn my head to look at the time its 30.65...WOOOOT :D:g :beer

mic-dk
12th June 2009, 04:17 AM
:beer for you Chainsaw!

Even though you beat me by almost 0.2 second. That hurts... :)
Ah well, a trophy is a trophy.

leungbok
12th June 2009, 07:34 AM
here some new tactics to increase the chances of making zico history ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mn8hVOwG8

mic-dk
12th June 2009, 09:43 AM
Good work Leungbok! That second method is great - reminds me of my skateboarding days ;)

Thegide
12th June 2009, 02:49 PM
just got my zico, earlier today i made a major breakthrough and set a new PB of 31.13, which was 0.2 better than my old PB. then after watching BSG for a couple of hours i decided to have another go. 4 laps pass by without any significant result, but on ther 5 lap all hell breaks loose and i hit every sideshift better than ever before, the 2x BR on the mid straight lands perfectly on the speedpad on the hump, went up the hill, and managed the sideshift to get the dubble speedpads. in the last turn before the overpass i look back... the ghost is nowhere to be seen. i dont risk frakking up the overpass BR and go straight for the cleanest line. BR down on the to the ritght side wall just before the speedpad and launch for the finish. on the sixed lap i hear a trophy ding right after i pass the first corner, i stop dead in my tracks on the mid straightand look up to the top right of the screen. there it is the fabled beat zico trophy. i turn my head to look at the time its 30.65...WOOOOT :D:g :beer

That's pretty much how it happened for me. I never could get that overpass BR, but suddenly I pulled a clean lap hitting every speed pad, and sideshifting like a god... knew I had a lead on my 31.2s ghost and just went for a new PB not risking botching the BR. Then I crossed the line... looked at my time... 30.82... had a bit of nervousness... heard the ding... and nearly fainted.

here some new tactics to increase the chances of making zico history ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mn8hVOwG8

Wow, that is awesome... 6 barrel rolls! I had no idea that was even possible.

Thegide
12th June 2009, 02:55 PM
[accidental double post - please delete]

leungbok
12th June 2009, 03:57 PM
@mic-dk, true it's a trick similar to an "ollie air" (or a "bunny up", i was a bmx freestyler when i was a teenager ;)).
@Thegide, the actual leader of the anulpha sl venom ranking (a great website creator from belgium ;)), is able to perform 7 and even 8 br in one lap :eek

yeldar2097
12th June 2009, 04:56 PM
8? what the bloody hell?! that's mental :eek

Aero-R
13th June 2009, 11:45 AM
I DID IT !!!

Holy *$!&, I never thought it was possible with my handling because I'm new in Wipeout with this HD (although I played a few hours in 1995 in the original one), and now only Zone Zeus left for the 100% of the trophies !!. Oh %&$"( I'm shocked now, I just arrived sooner than normally from the job today because of a few free hours, and I said myself... lets go with a few tries now that with the patch I can't cancel the lap from before...

I did now 190 laps (before the patch I think I did 340 or so too), and I was stuck in 31:07. Later in 31:06, much later in 30:97, and that was much for me... but later I did a few things better and I was doing 30:89 so I said... OK I'm on a point where it'll be hard to improve, but if I'm going out now that I've the skillz in the hands... it'll be hard to get later into this again...

So I kept trying and later by coincidende I founded that the best thing at the first turn was, after the 3 initial panels on the first turn, not going left by turning but just by double pressing L2 so that saved a bit of time. Then 2 Barrel Rolls without touching the walls (I didn't touch any one of the panels in the group of 3, or the 2 ones at the hill in the other turn, but I did touch the one later when you're "going down"). After that, there goes the part that I was doing worse (the 2 turns before the pass): I was loosing so much time there, and with the time I founded that taking them using only the Analog Stick as much as near to the wall, was the best line (I took 2 panels in the group of 3 before the pass). Barrel Roll before the pass, then the 4 panels, then left with the Analog Atick, Barrel Roll and when falling I did it above the Speed Panel. Result = 30.70. I can't believe it.

I did it using the DUAL SHOCK 3 to pitch up and down the nose. The Barrel Rolls were done with the D-Pad while with the Analog Stick I was doing corrections in the air line.

But the most important: Thanks everybody that is helping here, thanks Studio Liverpool for this gem, and thanks Zico for had put the limit so high, because although it get me mad at the beginning, now I'm proud of what I've done, I never though when I bought this game that I'll be decent at it, and now I'm even looking for designs to do myself a few T-Shirts.

I'll upload the Ghosts to the eLhabib's site to help others if possible.

W'O'', this is the future.

Connavar
13th June 2009, 09:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBhO9OvHuKI

(beat zico with internal view, no tricks involved)

Aero-R
14th June 2009, 03:52 PM
I did it also with internal view, but you did it in one second less, good job. My lap was exactly like yours recorded in the video, except for 2 things:

- You do 3 Barrel Rolls after the first turn. I never knew how people do three there, I only can do two, I don't get the air (even up-pitching) to do a third. I think that my problem is that I'm used to do the first one so soon, so I don't leave space for two later but only one.
- After falling from the pass, I used one of those 2 speed panels before the finish line.

I've been always wondering why most of the WipEout pilots use the external view. Is easier from that one to them? I've tried it but I honestly don't like it, with the internal one I've a better speed feeling and I get crazy with the Barrel Roll movements or while driving through an explosion, I do love it. In fact, I've done everything in WipEout HD always with this view.

Most of the high ranks in Zone are with the external one, but I use all the "racing" games in internal view or cockpit view always to get more realism, so I think I'm always used to it and that's maybe why I can't handle the external views (I need to see the turning point as soon as possible).

Connavar
14th June 2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks, I used internal view for the first 3 months, then switched to external
far, and I play much better now with external than internal, including BRs and
racing lines... but that's probably because I got used to this view.

Here I did the video with a friend, just for fun, even if one plays worse with
internal, it looks phenomenal, that's really the way Wipeout should be played :)

Don't forget that the default view is an external one ... that matters a lot,
if default had been internal, you would have seen many more internal cockpit
players.

Aero-R
14th June 2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah you're right. I still remember how my first seconds in WipEout HD were when I bought it: I was in the start line of Vineta K and before the GO moment, I was already asking myself if there wasn't an option to change the camera. Seconds later I founded the right button by pressing many of them and I the dream started there.

leungbok
14th June 2009, 06:24 PM
Here I did the video with a friend, just for fun, even if one plays worse with
internal, it looks phenomenal, that's really the way Wipeout should be played :)

wasn't that the perfect oportunity to make a video of your 8 brs ? I'm so disapointed ! ;)

Connavar
14th June 2009, 08:02 PM
Lol I understand your disappointment, but let me explain the reasons why
I decided to do it this way:

1) I didn't have much time, and 2 of the extra BR are near-impossible to
execute unless I'm really IN the game (and lucky), and right now I'm barely
playing 30 minutes per week, so I'm completely lost!

2) I chose the internal view because it LOOKS good, and I wanted to honor
people like Asayyeah and blackwiggle for choosing this view

3) Also wanted to give hope to some internal players who are maybe stuck at this
trophy, or might believe the view is a handicap.
By beating Zico with >1 second margin, with a normal method (0 tricks and 0
superHARD BRs), I think it shows the internal view is powerful :)

4) The video coming from this camera was so crappy, it wasn't worth the effort
doing anything mind-blowing, since it wouldn't be visible ... you can barely
see anything on my video :(
First I just wanted to show a screenshot, but the friend insisted on a video.

Oh yeah the decision was made in 0.5 seconds, but what I explained is really
what I felt then (I didn't have to think, it came naturally).

leungbok
14th June 2009, 08:14 PM
Don't care mate, you did a great stuff with that video and it's already a nice entertainment ! :beer

blackwiggle
12th July 2009, 07:44 AM
Finally beat ZICO ,with internal/cockpit view today.:hyper

I was SO close so many times,surprised I didn't break a controller.

Ironic thing was that I kept messing up on was the drop off from the bridge :brickwall I was doing it just a fraction too late instead of dropping off exactly after the last speed pad.

Thank god that's over. :lol

JFthebestJan
17th July 2009, 02:16 PM
Spece2goin, make sure to finish the session, normally I never improve my time
after 50 laps but today I did a perfect lap on the 99th lap!!!
You can imagine how happy I was :)

I think I ran about 40-50 sessions on this particular event, now I hope nobody
beats me lol... (and I agree with silverfox, sideshifting is very important)

yes, Connavar is right, make sure to do the whole 99 laps! i need it to get into the "flow". btw. i defeated ur time Connavar(6BRs), and im very proud of it, cause ur lap of 28.65 is close to perfection! there is a guy called "SmithCommaJohn" who defeated ur time with a FEISAR(28.62)! this is really awesome.

phaeton_pl
17th July 2009, 05:07 PM
To Connavar and JFthebestJan:

Did you guys use a "Boost-select-boost" method?

JFthebestJan
17th July 2009, 05:19 PM
yeah, i used the boost-select-boost-barrelroll into lap, and landed the BR onto the inner speedpad of the first leftcorner. i suggest that Connavar did the same. :)

phaeton_pl
18th July 2009, 07:17 AM
I just laced 29.01 in my Icaras, no Boost-Select-Boost and 5 BRs only. I'm gonna make a video soon :)

JFthebestJan
18th July 2009, 09:57 AM
@ phaeton: u just boosted into lap? then 3BRs in the tunnel-section; 1BR on the bridge; 1BR off the bridge? then ur time is really amazing! :) try my new ZICO-challenge i posted here in this forum, u will have alot of fun with it. ;) btw. my new WR is 28.15 with ICARAS and 6BRs.

djKyoto
18th July 2009, 12:35 PM
So after all this time, I tried for shits and giggles to see how long it would take me to beat Zico again (considering it took 300 odd laps the first time back in October).

Got it on lap 6 (attempt 3) with a new lap time of 30.63 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/zicooooooo.jpg), hahaha. :rock

blackwiggle
18th July 2009, 02:12 PM
POST THE GHOST.

See if I can beat it.

djKyoto
18th July 2009, 02:21 PM
Tell me how and where to post it and i'll do it tomorrow night for you, cheers. :)

blackwiggle
18th July 2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5335

It's a sticky,I thought you would of noticed by now,honestly dj ,you might be fast but you can be non observant at times.

Go on ,give us all a challenge .

djKyoto
18th July 2009, 02:41 PM
It's late and I'm tired, leave me alone XD

Need more coffee.... :coffee

Wait, I dont drink coffee... /sleeps

blackwiggle
18th July 2009, 02:44 PM
Fair enough.

I did actually noitice that you beat your previous PB for ZICO while I was trying to do the same.

Good on you. :rock

KIGO1987
18th July 2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like cross town rivalry going here

blackwiggle
18th July 2009, 02:53 PM
Sticks -near view V's D-PAD cockpit [me] :lol

All good fun .
Plus djKyoto has at least 15-20 years youth on his side.

djKyoto
19th July 2009, 10:01 AM
Here you go Blackwwiggle (or anyone else who finds this useful).

http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com/download_djkyoto_piranha_anulpha-pass_venom_speed-lap.html214

KIGO1987
19th July 2009, 10:05 AM
you use the BR boost Select BR thing to get this lap time?

djKyoto
19th July 2009, 10:30 AM
No. I've never tried doing it.

okam
19th July 2009, 10:56 PM
I just beat Zico 5 minutes ago... not having played for a few months, it took me a good hour to get from 32-something to around 31.15, getting into the groove again and also getting used to external view (because it makes the BR onto the bridge easier), and I was stuck around that time for a while despite nailing all the BRs and racing a clean line, side shifting, etc.

Then I realised something - when doing the 2nd BR over the little hill (the place where you see some people do 2 BRs back to back), I was getting too much air, missing the speed pad on the downward slope!

/facepalm, I should know better ^^

After my realisation it took just a few more laps to go from 31.05 to 30.70, bagging the trophy. So my tip for those who might be struggling with the last 0.5 seconds is to keep airtime to a minimum for the first two BRs, and definitely make sure you land on the speed pad after BR#2 - its easy to go past it if you arent careful. It looks kinda cool to fly high over that whole hill, and it feels fast, but your ship is faster on the ground than in the air. Set motion control to pitch and you can easily control how much air you are getting.

Hope that helps, good luck to anyone still working on this one, it feels pretty damn good to hear that trophy "bling" sound when you finally succeed :)

Medusa
24th October 2010, 02:09 PM

EDIT: yay 3000th post, thanks for pointing it out KIGO. Now, where's my trophy?

yes, turbo onto the narrow bridge. hit the turbo as soon as your ship is around the inner apex of the lefthander before the jump, then pull up and BR, and try to land before the first speedpad on the bridge. After the last speedpad on the bridge, sideshift left (without turning) and BR, you should land right on the banking of the lower track, get the BR boost, then drop off to the left onto the right speedpad.
It is also worth mentioning that I didn't use a single airbrake for that line, only sideshifting. I also used sideshift to catch the 3 diagonal speedpads on the straight after the first lefthander - no turning of the craft required.

Ahhahhahh, eLHabib totally wins this contest in my opinion!! Nice job. And I know I'm super late and necro-posting, but I wanted to say thanks to all who posted their methods.
I really wanted to beat Zico with 2 BRs, because that's just lovely...but to heck with it, I'm lazy. I just tied him with the 3 BR method, just not consistent enough with the bridge roll.

Storm_FF
2nd November 2010, 01:32 PM
I defeated Zico just 5 minutes befor leaving for holiday... I still remember my dad shouting at me "Mario, switch off that ****ing playstation, is time to go!!" while I was doing the last BR... one of mine best wipeout memories :)

Yeah, zico sucks :g

F.E.I.S.A.R
2nd November 2010, 01:59 PM
I kept having problems on the part where the path splits.Which is the part where a BR HAS to be done to get Beat Zico.Was a real effer of a trophy.
But I got it last year...:g

WizardPlayHD
2nd November 2010, 07:03 PM
I don't know how to possibly to any better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswsInDnl6U

Anyone see a spot where I could shave a second off? It's been bothering me for a very long time. tex told me I should be doing 3 BR's on the straight, but I can't do it.

blackwiggle
2nd November 2010, 11:20 PM
If you can keep steering to a minimum, or not steer at all by using side-shifting instead [it is possible] you should be able to knock off a bit of time.

Sad reminder to see of the two comments to your YouTube video that one was from LurifaxFlux.:frown:

JFthebestJan
2nd November 2010, 11:29 PM
@wiz:
nice video, but ur racing line is not very clean, u must get more SP to lower ur time, that's essential! try to get 14+.
there's no need to do 3 BR on the bridge to get a 26.67!
i did the WR without the triple BR on bridge (with the triple BR a 25.9 is possible!)
my setup:
X=accelerate (10%)
O=absorb
triangle=change camera
square=fire
R2=SSright (90%)
L2=SSleft (90%)
d-pad=steering (100%)
i dont use sixaxis, so no motion pitch.
if u want to train the triple BR on bridge, use EG-X HD, best ship for me to do BRs