PDA

View Full Version : Who else has a PS2 Network Adapter as of now?

Sven
29th August 2002, 04:19 PM
I got mine yesterday. Almost didn't though; they had 4 left in stock after mine with 8 still on reserve. I was able to hook it up and connect last night, and it works like a dream for the most part.

Wamdue
30th August 2002, 07:23 AM
was this network adapter sheduled for release now or is this some suprise attack from Sony against its competitors? anyway , ill buy one when theres enough good online games without individual monthly fees for every game, if that doesnt happen Ill just concentrate on xbox live.

Wiseman
30th August 2002, 09:54 AM
Unfortunately they were all sold out by the time I got to my EB, but I'm going to be getting mine soon.

Asche XL
30th August 2002, 02:38 PM
Do you need to subscribe to anything to be able to connect? Or can I just plug in my cable modem and be ready to go?

Sven
30th August 2002, 10:17 PM
They only thing you need to subscribe to is an ISP. If you already have one, you're good to go.

Wamdude: There are at least 4 good online games available right now, with a good nother 10-15 (at least) arriving by christmas. And the first games that are going to require monthly fees are EverQuest and FFXI, which aren't even releasing until next Spring.

Asche XL
3rd October 2002, 08:13 PM
I got it. Even tho the only game I really play with it is THPS3. IF they make a new wipeout it better be a remake of XL cause that's the best one and they better make it online compatible :lol:

Wamdue
4th October 2002, 06:43 AM
Ive read that cheating players exist on the ps2 network, specifically modem users using their laggy movement to their advantage

Sven
6th October 2002, 02:14 AM
there'll be cheaters anywhere you go.

Also, I just picked up THPS3 a few days ago, so if anyone wants to play, talk to me on AIM or somehting. I also plan to get ATV2

Asche XL
6th October 2002, 04:18 AM
What's ATV2?

Sovokor
6th October 2002, 04:35 AM
I'm definetely getting Final Fantasy 11. I know it sounds costly, but I don't care, i love the series.

Sven
6th October 2002, 03:40 PM
I heard FFXI might not make it over here to the US....

ATV2 is ATV Offroad Fury 2

Feisar
10th October 2002, 08:32 PM
is this Network Adapter DSL/Broadband only and how much is the little nessy?

Feisar
10th October 2002, 08:39 PM
scratch that, if your are interestested come here, i dont know if this is spaaming or not:
FOR INFO PURPOSE ONLY!!!!!
http://www.us.playstation.com/hardware/SCPH-10281/index2.html