11th October 2008, 04:21 PM
Okay guys, same as before, post a pic as proof.:p

darkfaerytales
11th October 2008, 04:34 PM
cool!

...i'm not able to get over zone 38 yet:frown:

mdhay
11th October 2008, 05:08 PM
Well don't worry, this thread is just to see how far you can go:) I got to 50 merely by chance.:p

Asayyeah
11th October 2008, 05:56 PM
Martin not sure this thread belongs entirely to HD one's : The Arena would suit better imnsfho :cowboy

mdhay
11th October 2008, 06:27 PM
Hold on, I put it in the Arena section!

//looks//

Apparently not.:?:

Lance
11th October 2008, 11:58 PM
Have another look. :)

Wip3ou7
12th October 2008, 01:35 AM
What track is that? If it's Anulpha, then I'll post my Zone 75 shots ;) (looks like moa therma?)

mdhay
12th October 2008, 07:56 AM
It's Moa Therma. but post your shots anyway.:):+

@Lance: You:pirate, you.:p

AnErare
14th October 2008, 01:37 PM
I don't own a PS3 so can't join in yet :/

What tracks does HD feature in zone mode anyway? I've searched youtube for video's and mostly Anulpha Pass is featured with some nice and very fast ones. The rest of the internet appears somewhat oblivious of details..

I really like the somewhat improved spread of speedclasses with the addition of Super Zen, subsonic, Mach I, and supersonic. Is there anything after that? Hypersonic, Mach 5 and faster, is something we wont reach so I guess not :) At zone 75 the colors change for I can only guess the last time again and in my opinion track and scenery layout are very nicely demarcated to assist perception.

Cheers!

LilMaggot
14th October 2008, 04:44 PM
It's not on Moa Therma, but I was quite proud of this. Zone 65 with 100% sheild. :D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/lilmaggot2005/WOHDZone65.jpg?t=1224002526

cnmth
15th October 2008, 12:58 AM
You can play zone on all the tracks in wipeouthd,

so i suggest that u buy a ps3 asap AnErare and get some new records done :p

somewhere into zone 60 (mach1) @ moa therma :>
http://members.home.nl/keyl/xdFgei/wohd_20081001_201042.jpg
black n white \o/

will make some better screens soon.

Greetz cnmth.

AnErare
15th October 2008, 07:25 AM
Another flying dutchman! We should set up a dutch gathering sometime :)

I've suspected so much, that's awesome! Cant wait to try Sol2 and Ubermall :robot
Asap will not be that quick, as there's no hd or ready tv in my home yet.. and I'm not going to fluke wipeout HD with a silly tv, so that'll be a tad expensive right now :D

I'm happy to see there already are some very awesome scores being pulled off :)

Mad-Ice
15th October 2008, 02:08 PM
AnErare, I know for sure that you would rock the zone in HD!

About that dutch gathering I am in and I know; DjManiac and Chrono will be too, what about; cnmth and The muse. Just sent me a PM and we will talk some more.

BaldyCurly
16th October 2008, 08:59 AM
My 9 year son has managed Zone 50 now on Anlpha Pass!!!

I think a year or two from now he will be kicking my arse, not good, I am proper old now!

AnErare
26th January 2009, 11:03 PM
All right!

Here we go!

Finally bought a ps3 last thursday and surely my first game to even start on the console would off course be wipEout HD ;D

Been going at it for 10 hours now and made my first pr on Moa Therma with 61 zones 124k which ranks me at about 36th at my third attempt. Sorry for the inconvenience but the thrill is still far too great to pause and shoot photo's of it :P

Be afraid, be very afraid! :banzai

eLhabib
27th January 2009, 08:10 AM
61 zones on Moa on your 3rd attempt!? I AM scared! :cold

lunar
27th January 2009, 08:28 AM
Congrats on your new PS3, AnErare. Wipeout HD Zone is amazing eh? :hyper
i think it really is very likely to cause some mental disturbance in those who play it a lot, but in a good way. :dizzy

Mad-Ice
27th January 2009, 05:14 PM
Congratulations AnErare with your new baby! Take good care of it. I will look out for your scores in zone mode. :lol

AnErare
27th January 2009, 05:16 PM
Lunar, yes indeed, the gameplay and graphics are phenomenal :)

I sure hope it does, competition should be kept itching on it's toes :)

Mad, thanks, I sure will!

Asayyeah
30th January 2009, 08:33 AM
Cool AnErare , i am very happy for your new black monolith :)
Hope to give you a good battle into zone mode ;)

AnErare
1st February 2009, 11:18 PM
I hope so too, it already means though that you need to up your score on Moa because I've made it into z67, 15 pl, 41 pz, 143995 points which places me at 9th :g

The other tracks still give me a hard time, as I'm not acquainted with those in zone mode but I really love Metropia. The ships handling is (are?) pretty wicked (in Pulse they behave according to their specific handling, I'm unsure if in HD they behave the same?) but I am steadily getting used to this :)

Bon voyage :hyper

Asayyeah
4th February 2009, 01:40 PM
you need to up your score on Moa because I've made it into z67, 15 pl, 41 pz, 143995 points which places me at 9th :g
185 K pts zone 76 ranked 1st ( my unique one !! ) i upped my score ;)
Now struggling with Vineta ( i voluntary avoided Anulpha )

AnErare
5th February 2009, 08:15 AM
That's more like it! Awesome :D

You are insane for reaching that far with internal view :sonar

Asayyeah
5th February 2009, 09:39 AM
thx mate :)
I have a question to you , more or less a remark : I dunno if that comes from the size of the screen , but i feel Zone HD harder than pulse's one especially on Moa, maybe it's also due to the colour scheme : that deep dark passed zone 60 is utterly infuriating for my eyes ( and yes internal view does not arrange this situation :D )
But what can i do ? I do LUV zone mode :P and i know you are probably more addicted than me :O ( not talking about our great zoner Infaxsu and the faster HD zoner aka ProblemSolver from Germany 8))

AnErare
6th February 2009, 03:58 AM
I'm unsure but I do experience the same more or less. I think the different brightness impact on the retinas is a mayor factor as well, the large lcd displays are much more luminous than the small psp display. I'm still experimenting with brightness, white and black depth levels though, that may help I hope. My eyes start to dry up pretty fast playing HD zone, used to only have that playing on early mornings or when pretty tired :)

The flashing colours up until zen annoy me quite a big deal, especially on the reverse tracks where the colour schemes are reversed as well... Instead of going from lighter colours towards heavier dark atmospheres it's all tangled, makes me jumpy because most tracks are still unfamiliar :D

Asayyeah
6th February 2009, 09:20 AM
I can see your points mate, funnily enough i really prefer the colour scheme of the reverse tracks i think it's more detailed with the light blue rather than the +zone60 dark from the forward zone tracks but it's a matter of taste :P

Now i am letting aside zone mode for the moment, more focused on racing SR :banzai

Wellington86
6th February 2009, 03:29 PM
I've been enjoying Zone a lot myself in the last few days. I've beaten a couple of scores I gave up on months ago, which has been very satisfying I can tell you, lol.

That's a brilliant score on Moa Therma, Asayyeah! I have had exactly the same problem on that track - during Mach 1 the first corner of the lap is completely invisible to me. I'm forced to guess at it, which at that speed proves very difficult. I wonder if I should turn the brightness up, but Zone hurts my eyes if it's any brighter than I have it, so that's not really a solution. I found a way that seemed to work OK (keep right and turn later than I think) and if I'm lucky I hope to beat the currently listed rank 1 (until Asa synchronises his scores) but I don't think I can make 175k+.

I have to agree that I think the colour scheme for the reverse tracks is better, in that it's so much easier to see. I'm not sure why SL thought Mach 1 needed an extra challenge on the forward tracks. In reverse it's a nice clear blue, which makes it much easier to learn. I reached Supersonic on Moa Therma reverse last night, and there's no doubt the colour helped. Admittedly, however, it is a more boring colour scheme all round.

AnErare
6th February 2009, 05:39 PM
Oh ok, I somehow presumed after Mach I it would return to forward schematic. Rather silly of me, I think that is because from problemsolver his vid I've really enjoyed the zeus scheme. I guess it was more of a wish than anything else :)

Wellington86
6th February 2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Supersonic on the forward tracks looks fantastic. Unfortunately on the reverse it is just a darker shade of the Mach 1 blue, not very exciting :rolleyes:.

AnErare
10th February 2009, 03:03 PM
I will probably give the reverse tracks a proper try tonight, they are still pretty elusive :D

Most of the highscores already are insane, I wonder what the top 5x16 will look like in half a year ;)

AnErare
12th March 2009, 09:37 PM
We are a full month later now, not much changing in the tops...even less in this thread.

But of course I've been going at it still from time to time and progression is fairly steady. Overall into top 15 with a view negative spikes in top 25 and a few positive ones into top 10 (ubermall fwd and rev hooray ;) ). Only on Vinetta fwd and both AP's there are far more pilots who have taken their patience into proper scores. Besides, I've not even reached 75 yet (73!) mainly because of the far less rigid ship behaviour. I'm still getting used to all the intricacies :)

Enjoying it far more than pulse zone mode though!

Asa, I guess you are right, I've taken a liking to SL but the ever increasing speeds are just the perfect thrill for me ;D Only if I'd have more time to spare to master it..

silverfoxy
10th June 2009, 10:55 AM
Right I'll post in this one (apologies MDHay, didn't realise there was already a thread going).

Have posted these in HD photo gallery but thought I'd put them on here as well.

They are Moa z75, Rev Seb z51 and Seb z50. Will work on my photography style and post more pictures now I've bought one of those USB drives !!

Plus there has been some movement in the Zone leaderboards lately. ProblemSolver has hit z63 on Chenghou, Kingheim has 3 WRs, Carro has a couple and me a couple as well and obviously Welly still has quite a few.

mdhay
10th June 2009, 06:11 PM
Right I'll post in this one (apologies MDHay, didn't realise there was already a thread going)...

No worries.:+:D

sh1kamaru-
16th June 2009, 09:49 AM
wow congrats for sebenco I didn't even reached super zen there :o

silverfoxy
16th June 2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks mate, it takes a lot of practice for sure !!

Reverse Sebenco is (for whatever reason) much harder to reach subsonic than forwards. Think only 2 people have reached it so far.

Wotan
8th July 2009, 11:51 AM
Just thought I would throw open the challenge of making either 100,000 on every track or Subsonic on every track.

It's ok for me :hyper . I just managed a 104K on chenghou reverse :D . Now i'll try to reach z50 on every track ( both sebenco , sol2 F and chenghou F :) )

yeldar2097
8th July 2009, 03:05 PM
i did sebenco but i forgot to take a picture..... grrr

mdhay
15th July 2009, 06:32 PM
Don't worry about the pictures - it's just for everyone to re - view their posts and smile at their acheivements.:)

Wotan
20th July 2009, 02:04 PM
Reverse Sebenco is (for whatever reason) much harder to reach subsonic than forwards. Think only 2 people have reached it so far.

Yes , it's true . Sebenco R is my only track under z50 , and i can't see how u , carro and elois reached subsonic . Congrats mates ;)

silverfoxy
20th July 2009, 02:15 PM
If anyone can make it I'm sure you can Wotan with your piloting skills.

No great secrets I can give you for it either other than when I made it I'd practiced solidly on it for about 2 or 3 hours (which I never do, I like to flit about between tracks)
The worst thing is I came within 1.2 seconds of hitting it (my PB score of 107) and lost concentration and grazed a wall (aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhh) and that was on my 3rd go.

It then took me about another 20 tries to get it !!

When it gets really fast you have to make the corners in to out (if that makes sense) like you do on the hairpin on rev Chenghou but it does get so hard at the speed you're going. Its just trying to keep as much energy as possible going into super zen and then having some luck by not having any major smashes. Wouldn't worry about perfect zones after 40, just minimise damage but I found the big thing was taking 90+ shield into Super Zen

Good luck mate, know you can make it.

Wotan
20th July 2009, 07:58 PM
I recorded a video in the purpose that you give me some tips, and I caught myself has to make a zone 49 lol.
Here is the video, any advice will be appreciated ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6DFFGNiI7Q

ProblemSolver
20th July 2009, 08:18 PM
Nice run. :+

What's you input device? Doesn't sound like an DS3.

Wotan
20th July 2009, 08:25 PM
I play with my sixaxis (analog stick). I never use my ds3, I find her too heavy :blarg

ProblemSolver
20th July 2009, 08:59 PM
Holy, I can actually here the difference. *jesus*

AnErare
20th July 2009, 10:53 PM
I find her too heavy :blarg

That's exactly why I've taken out the rumble mechanism.. ;P

Wotan
21st July 2009, 06:46 AM
Subsonic clear :hyper .

I reached z52 ,just after my video (30 perfect zones) and i'm near to carro-armato now . I'll try to beat him :cold

Idea for a new challenge silverfox ? :D

silverfoxy
21st July 2009, 12:48 PM
Massive well done Wotan.

I know what a biatch it is to get to subsonic on rev Seb.

The only other "unexplored frontier" is Zone 100+ on rev AP.

Or maybe supersonic on Moa or Vineta ??

With your skills, if you put your mind to it you can do it !!!

Wotan
21st July 2009, 01:23 PM
Hum , supersonic on both vineta sound good :) . It's already ok on moa (79 forward and 86 reverse) . But i don't think i can go to 100 on AP reverse oO

silverfoxy
21st July 2009, 01:58 PM
Just seen your score on reverse Moa, again massive well done.

How did you manage that ?? I barely stumbled over the line to get supersonic, let alone another 11 zones !!

I find it a frustrating track as 1 lap is so long and if you make a mistake its hard to get your score high.

Obviously, you're not having that issue Wotan !!

Wotan
23rd July 2009, 12:24 AM
I had a piece of luck for this run. Most hard is to negotiate well the first bend (in supersonic). I would stain to make a video, I moreover planned to record all tracks .

Besides, I improved some scores this evening:D:

Sebenco reverse : 114 846 points (49/33) rank 1
Ubermall forward : 140 893 points (61/41) rank 1

I am rather proud, even if I suspect that kingheim or carro should beat me soon ^^

pirahpac
23rd July 2009, 12:47 AM
ur fast :nod

silverfoxy
23rd July 2009, 08:19 AM
Congrats Wotan - 3 WRs - you're the new Problem Solver !!

Wotan
23rd July 2009, 08:20 AM
Lol pih .

New score on ubermall reverse : 137006 (56/36) rank1 :g

And new video on ubermall : go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b0tkKvW2aY) here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZWo5FNfV4Q)

silverfoxy
23rd July 2009, 09:25 AM
Great effort Wotan

Loved the little jump right at the end there !!

You handle the course really well at the high speeds and congrats on your Uber rev record.

Wotan
23rd July 2009, 09:39 AM
Chenghou reverse : 120967 (57/30) rank 1

I think mach1 is possible on this track

Thanks silverfox . Yes the ship wants to fly without my permission on mach1 ^^

silverfoxy
23rd July 2009, 09:46 AM
Wotan - stop doing any more Zones !!!!

PS has reached MAch1 on the forward so I'm sure it is possible but only for 1% of the population

Wotan
25th July 2009, 08:02 PM
I haven't fury yet (credit card problem) , so i'm improving my hd track ^^

Sol2 forward : 145667 (58/40) rank1
Sol2 Reverse : 146673 (59/39) rank1

I can't wait fury and zone battle mode :D