PDA

View Full Version : i got to call out for help on a suzuki gsx 600

DJ Techno
5th October 2008, 10:17 PM
For some of who might be Krotch Rocket Riders, speed bikers, etc

I got to ask anyone for a hand on some questions to un puzzle a mystery to the bikes problems.

Just recently purchased the bike has and does. Give a loud hard shift sound after the clutchs rellease and moved into a new gear.
Theirs been some play with the linkage adjusting on the cable to the handle. But no change in anything.

Today the bike is left at a church in beaufort, sc. Over a hundred miles from columbia.
It would not turn over, when starting the bike, opening the choke, and applying a bit of gas.
Their is signs of fuel loss. A leak from either the tank, above the head cover, and other spots.
A discovery of a cable out of place below the choke manifold, and its connection found between the choke and intake manifold.

Their is more I'm discovering.

So if anyone is personal on suzuki bikes. Drop a call or response.

This bike, after all is a friend of mine. And today. This things were found and all.

Flashback Jack
5th October 2008, 10:31 PM
I owned two GSX-R's -- a '99 GSX-R600 and 2000 GSX-R750.

Tough to say what your problems are though Techno. Have you checked to see if the bike isn't leaking oil? Peer through the little window at the bottom of the engine and make sure there's at least some level of oil in the bike. That's the only thing I could think of that would cause what I assume is engine knock. Other than that, I suggest you take the bike to a qualified Suzuki dealer for a throrough checkover since you say there are multiple issues with it.

- F

ZenDJiNN
6th October 2008, 07:42 AM
I sold my GSXF600 about 6 months ago..... :( A sad day for sure. But i agree with Flashback...... with all those faults, your best course of action would be to take it to someone who is qualified todo the work. You could of course try to repair it yourself, but it may be quite frustrating, take ages, and end up costing more than if you take it to a reputable person/garage etc.

DJ Techno
8th October 2008, 06:33 AM
Well I'm on the way back to columbia with the bike.
Thanks. This will help him, my friend who is the actual bike owner.

But we got the thing.
And we ( the actual tech me and the tech/biker my friend chris ) will be going thru this thing.

The best as possible and I'll have time to help him do all thing properly.

Even though. I'm not. not to be the best body cosmetic -\-
But good one.