PDA

View Full Version : wipEoutHD-ghosts.com

eLhabib
2nd October 2008, 05:36 PM
Hi everybody!
As some of you know already, I have been working on a way to easily share ghosts for wipEout HD - and here's what I came up with:

www.wipEoutHD-ghosts.com (http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com/)

Everyone who has played the game should be pretty familiar in navigating the site, I guess ;)
I recommend reading the INFO, it explains how the site, and ghost sharing in general, works.
Some of the top pilots here have already been posting ghosts (or promised to do so in the next few days... ;)), but there are still lots of empty tables for you to be the first available ghost time.

I hope you enjoy the site, and be sure to drop feedback whenever you feel something needs be improved.

Have fun everyone! :cowboy

P.S.: special thanks goes out to my friend Roland, who did the programming, and to KuroDef, who's Pure ghosting site (http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/) provided the inspiration. :+

stin
2nd October 2008, 05:46 PM
You cetainly made a brilliant job and your mate too!:D:+

I will promise you I will do my best to upload my ghost for you.

stevie:)

kanar
2nd October 2008, 05:59 PM
a really not necessary post by me but I have to say that : Roland, eLhabib you rock guys.

Mad-Ice
2nd October 2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks Martin and Roland,

You did a very nice job! I just uploaded my Vineta K, Phantom, Goteki45 speedlap. I hope it works.

Good luck everyone with uploading, zipping and unzipping stuff!

BTW; I downloaded all my ghosts on my USB and didn't know which was which, so only download one ghost at a time if you wanna know which ghost you are uploading.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Cygnuz
2nd October 2008, 06:30 PM
This is amazing, i will make sure i post some of my Ghosts, Thanks ELHabib

TearsToShreds
2nd October 2008, 06:59 PM
Awesome work guys, and it looks amazing too. :)

lunar
2nd October 2008, 07:22 PM
Great stuff, eL, this is a great facility :)

emwu23
2nd October 2008, 09:34 PM
Fantastic ,Thanks eLhabib&Roland

leungbok
2nd October 2008, 11:09 PM
Great work, i will probably use it.:+
And i did it, i uploaded a ghost. El, tell me if it worked.

Rubix42
2nd October 2008, 11:57 PM
I just tried it out, very cool site. Thanks for the tutorial on the info page, cause this never would have happened without it.

I uploaded my Beat Zico ghost. Cause I only beat him by .01 and thought that would be a good first upload I guess.

Anyways, expect some more tonight or tomorrow of my Sebenco and Sebenco reverse times.

T_Scarface_M
3rd October 2008, 12:57 AM
Nicely done El, love the site.

bazookajoe1
3rd October 2008, 02:38 AM
I love the website design. Great job!

Axel
3rd October 2008, 08:03 AM
Fantastic job mate. Will be using this soon.

Asayyeah
3rd October 2008, 08:33 AM
Fantastique !! you rock Martin and your friends.
I gonna upload that during this weekend ( but you know don't expect amazing scores from me )

lunar
3rd October 2008, 08:43 AM
I uploaded my Beat Zico ghost. Cause I only beat him by .01 and thought that would be a good first upload I guess.

Anyways, expect some more tonight or tomorrow of my Sebenco and Sebenco reverse times.

That Zico ghost is perfect, thanks, I will just have to beat him by any amount! :+

I did some Sebenco Reverse ghosts. They were perfect laps in the sense that I missed all the walls, but I also missed quite a few speed pads!

TenzyXIII
3rd October 2008, 09:12 AM
awesome can't wait to get home and try this out, much appreciated eL.

eLhabib
3rd October 2008, 09:40 AM
... but you know don't expect amazing scores from me ...

Of course I expect amazing scores from you, old boy! ;)

leungbok
3rd October 2008, 10:20 AM
I've just posted some "non-amazing" ghosts on the website. I hope the records will last at least...one day, perhaps;)

crawdad62
3rd October 2008, 11:01 PM
As a new aspiring pilot I'm appreciative of the lower classes being there for me to check out. Thanks for not forgetting the newbs!:hyper

TheFrostE
3rd October 2008, 11:06 PM
wipEout could never forget newbs. its a big loving family here at WZ and we like to accept all newcomers into the world of WO with open arms :). Hopefully ill be able to post some ghosts this weekend!

FrostE

bazookajoe1
4th October 2008, 04:26 PM
I have a suggestion for the website. You should add a comment section under the ghost details section so people can discuss eachothers' ghosts.

mdhay
5th October 2008, 08:04 AM
Great site, although I can't log in on PSP.

eLhabib
5th October 2008, 10:16 AM
would be quite useless anyway, since there is no way of handling zip files on your PSP, don't you think? ;)

mdhay
5th October 2008, 12:30 PM
They're stored on a common folder.

eLhabib
5th October 2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah but you would have to download the zip file to your PSP, then get it over to a PC to unzip it, then get the file on your PS3 - what's the point? I'd rather have a site that looks decent on PC than have it work on PSP when really there's no practical use for that.

mdhay
5th October 2008, 01:47 PM
Didn't think of that.

eLhabib
5th October 2008, 02:15 PM
Nevertheless, many thanks for the feedback :)
If you have any ideas, be sure to tell me - I'm very much looking into expanding the site's capabilities (if there is enough traffic to make it worth it). Right now, it's rather calm on there, but then I guess it's still a little early for hardcore ghosting.

GalacticSpartan
5th October 2008, 02:35 PM
That looks awesome ^^ nice work. I`ve got to get a PS3 for this, if I can.

Asayyeah
5th October 2008, 03:42 PM
Martin i tested your site yesterday by uploading 2 ghosts : Vineta K racetime and vineta K black laptime and also DL Matthijs' 18.53 ( insane :D) and your Metropia and ubermall Martin.

2 suggestions :
Would it be possible to have in your 1st page the 10 or more recent ghosts uploaded? it's not really easy to notice if someone beat or not one of your lap or racetime.

If there's a program like SDviewer ( perfect for pure and pulse) for pc to let us know exactly the name of each savedatas ( npea00.....) on our pc cause here you need to select one by one and copy one after one on your pc : that's a lot of waste of time if you want to upload multiple ghosts

eLhabib
5th October 2008, 03:52 PM
I know it's rather impractical that you can only transfer 1 ghost at a time right now, because you can't see what's in the file. I hope we'll find a solution to that problem soon...

As for the most recent uploads - we are working on that, don't worry :)

Asayyeah
5th October 2008, 03:53 PM
thx ;)

Will practice more :P

Mu5
5th October 2008, 04:04 PM
Taking the ghost info out the param.sfo file was a real bad idea :(

Anyone know what these are?

NPEA00057-GSL816CC9
NPEA00057-GTT2112E8A9
NPEA00057-GTT23277E5E
NPEA00057-GTTDD70CA25

Oh and El - I had a look at your site and there seems to be a bug.

Venom / speed lap / Vineta-k - Time is being shown as 00:00:00

Asayyeah
5th October 2008, 04:10 PM
Oh and yes i forgot MArtin , you can't enter a laptime ( maybe also a racetime) with a double zero finishing : my lap time vinetaK reverse (19.00) couldnot be written that is why i choosed 19.01 ( 18.99 could have been a better choice lol but this is not what i did :P )

Mad-Ice
5th October 2008, 06:36 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaahhha, I got crazy uploading 40 ghosts! First time I got it all wrong and I had to delete everything again.:brickwall

I have uploaded ghosts from venom to phantom, SL and TT on normal direction tracks. Some with only 1 try and some with more!!

Good luck to all.

eLhabib
5th October 2008, 09:13 PM
Wow, thanks for you contribution! And thanks everybody for the feedback - will look into the bugs ASAP.

EDIT: Just checked the site - Matthijs, you're a madman! And you broke my Sol2 time, you bastard! It's on now! :twisted

TearsToShreds
5th October 2008, 09:24 PM
18.53 on Vineta K. :o

I'm 00.40 seconds too slow. Back to speedlapping. :D
And still no Moa Therma Phantom times...

Norfolk'n'Clue
6th October 2008, 09:00 AM
To view these ghosts, you upload them to the PS3 - will they overwrite your ghosts of the given track?

eLhabib
6th October 2008, 09:03 AM
It asks you if you want to overwrite, if you klick yes, it will. Read the INFO section on wipEoutHD-ghosts.com, should answer pretty much all the questions.

Norfolk'n'Clue
6th October 2008, 01:05 PM
Cheers man, I did have a quick squiz at the info page - but didn't see that bit. I will look harder :)

eLhabib
6th October 2008, 07:40 PM
Matthijs, you are really tough already! On Sol2 and Vineta, I can't get within half a second of you, grrrr ;)

But I got a nice present for you: just uploaded some new ghosts for Chenghou, Sebenco, Ubermall, Anulpha Reverse and Metropia Reverse - all Phantom :D:P

Mad-Ice
7th October 2008, 05:25 AM
Thanks Martin, but luckely you can download the ghosts.:) About the presents; thanks for those, I will unwrap them later on.:g

I already unwrapped Chenghou SL yesterday, but then the game frooze. At least I thought it did! I rebooted my PS3 and the record was gone of course! Stupid me, it was my controller battery which was empty, that is why the game didn't respond.:brickwall Don't tell anybody. :rolleyes:

eLhabib
7th October 2008, 07:06 AM
Btw there's a new kid on the block, by the name of Larikun. Came out of nowhere and seems to be quite talented. He said I beat his SL time in his favorite track, Sebenco, so he came back and took all the other records from me :( (except Metropia R :twisted) - so it's definitely starting to heat up!

Larikun
7th October 2008, 07:12 AM
I just don't like the reverse tracks lol, you probably won't be seeing my name anywhere near the top 10 on most of them, the only ones I can stand are Anulpha R, Moa Therma R.... and.... well that's it honestly, guess I'm just too used to the front layouts... too stubborn to learn them backwards.

leungbok
7th October 2008, 08:34 AM
Oups ! I think i did it for métropia reverse, El (by 00.03s);)

Asayyeah
7th October 2008, 10:11 AM
Ive DLed several phantom ghosts ( Mad & El) , so i ll have time this week to try to beat them.

Talking about the blacks i really like them ( except maybe anulpha ).

Competition is tough

leungbok
7th October 2008, 11:21 AM
To update his ghosts, it's important to finish a session (SL=99laps):?. I made a good time on sebenco climb reverse at the lap 27, and i quitted. Result : my ghost is the previous one 00.30 slower:brickwall

Larikun
7th October 2008, 11:29 AM
You don't have to finish all 99 laps, when you pause the game in a SL session, look in the menu you should see End Session, that works just fine. (Don't choose quit however, unless of course you don't have a time to post so meh)

leungbok
7th October 2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks Larikun :) I just realised that "end session" saved the ghosts. I'm too stupid:brickwall

well it will motivates me to beat it again;)

Virtical
7th October 2008, 12:23 PM
Wow! very nice eLhabib, the ghosts will be a great way for pilots to hone their skills too!

Rubix42
7th October 2008, 03:05 PM
@Larikun

Any chance you might update that Sebenco SL ghost? 23 seconds is crazy impressive. I hit 23.85 in my Mirage last night doing a TT (which doesn't count towards SL for some reason, hmmm) But shaving a full second off that seems really tough, I couldn't figure it out.

Nevermind, it's already there, I didn't see it earlier. Thanks! Wonder who will be the first sub 23 SL here. . .

I'm betting it won't be me :)

Larikun
7th October 2008, 04:35 PM
I'm already sub-23 sebenco, just haven't uploaded that ghost yet, lol

Sausehuhn
7th October 2008, 04:49 PM
By the way:

Someone should - maybe - make this thread sticky?
With the addition of something like "- upload and discuss your best times here".
I noticed some people overlooking the thread. But then that's maybe only my subjective perception.

eLhabib
7th October 2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry Larikun, Sebenco is my bitch now :P 0.22.67 - ghost uploaded

;)

Rubix42
7th October 2008, 06:07 PM
Seems like your site is blocked from my office. What team were you using?

Man, I wish I had more time to play, missing out on all the action stuck at my desk today. I know I can nail a 22 and change lap, I hit 23.85 with only 1 turbo and it wasn't a perfect lap last night, plus I missed 3 of the 5 BR's on that lap.

Larikun
7th October 2008, 06:09 PM
Just took it back =D 22.50, this is why I didn't update the ghost I knew my line was imperfect haha, still is I think I missed a speed pad, but meh... I'll be uploading all my refined ghosts excluding Sol 2 I want to see how that one pans on the leaderboards first, kinda iffy on that particular one.

leungbok
7th October 2008, 06:23 PM
Sorry Larikun, Sebenco is my bitch now :P 0.22.67 - ghost uploaded

;)

Funny, for now it's the same time for both forward & reverse

eLhabib
7th October 2008, 06:34 PM
Larikun, how the hell did you manage to beat that time in under 10 minutes??? I worked almost an hour for that one! This is ridiculous! You can have Sebenco, for now :P

Lance
7th October 2008, 06:38 PM
'Task' used to do that to me on WO3. Luckily, it was the other way round much later when I played XL. :)

leungbok
7th October 2008, 06:40 PM
Really Larikun, i hope you'll not change your mind and stay on the forward tracks. Your records are very impressive, congrats :beer

Larikun
7th October 2008, 06:48 PM
Ok, I've uploaded my updated Sebenco ghost, my Ubermall Ghost, and updated my Metropia ghost (by a whopping 3 hundredths of a second :rolleyes: )

And the reason I was so quick about it is that I did it earlier this morning down to 22.82, and I knew I did something wrong in the run, then you said you beat the time, so I just went back and corrected my mistake from earlier, didn't have to "warm myself" up for the track again so to speak.

eLhabib
7th October 2008, 08:14 PM
btw the time bugs have been fixed, you are now able to enter times ending with 00.

Mad-Ice
8th October 2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks El for the good news! Welcome to Larikun, yet another fast pilot and luckely not from France!!! Joining us here in the zone in our pursuit to the perfect race.

captain howdy
8th October 2008, 05:05 PM
wow. i haven't really checked out the site yet, but the layout is beautiful. nice and clean, exactly like the game menus.

well, except for that unsightly google ad at the top, but what are you gonna do. (:

eLhabib
8th October 2008, 06:28 PM
That money don't make itself, y'know? ;)

DrTrouserPlank
8th October 2008, 07:11 PM
nice site, should be useful for pushing those times down a bit.

eLhabib
12th October 2008, 11:22 AM
'Latest ghosts' Feature has been added.

There's not much activity on the site right now, but I realise it's probably too early for serious ghosting...

Asayyeah
13th October 2008, 08:37 AM
loll if you think the 1.37 Goteki from the Mad-bad-pad-man Vineta TT phantom is not serious , give it a try : it's a scary one :twisted

Thx a lot MArtin for that new feature on the ghost site : you rock !

JABBERJAW
16th October 2008, 08:45 PM
very nice, how long did it take you to put this together?

eLhabib
16th October 2008, 09:55 PM
well, the decision to do it came pretty close before HD's release - it was about 4 days! :D It's not a very complicated site though, the design and content (my part) took maybe 5 hours total - Roland, who did the programming - maybe spent about twice that, don't know exactly...
glad you like it!
hope it will see some good use in the near future...

Darkdrium777
17th October 2008, 01:45 AM
The website accepts only 1920x1080 right? I haven't seen shots of another size.

Anyways, excellent shot (http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com/screens/57_1-wohd_20081008_134908.jpg.jpg) by Yome Net San :O

EDIT: Two actually (http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com/screens/50_1-wohd_20081007_000549.jpg.jpg). Color saturation for the win :P

eLhabib
17th October 2008, 09:57 AM
You can upload shots with any resolution. However, if it's a 4:3 ratio resolution, it will be cut to fit in line with the others.

rejj
19th October 2008, 12:53 AM
g'day eLhabib,

Just tried to sign up an account on the ghosts site, and it tells me that my username needs to be at least 6 characters long :( Any chance of getting that changed, or possibly having a special-case exception made? :)

rdmx
19th October 2008, 12:58 AM
Make it rejj_au maybe?

eLhabib
19th October 2008, 02:40 AM
Usually I'd say we'll look into it, but is it really that hard to come up with a username of 6 or more letters? The above suggestion ain't half bad either...

kanar
29th October 2008, 04:30 PM
Hi Elhabib,

I signed up, & uploaded my anulpha reverse time. But I'm having trouble with Larikun & Flashback ghosts; do you think ghosts are region free? Hope my ghost will work. see ya!

eLhabib
29th October 2008, 06:42 PM
What trouble exactly are you having?
If you're not seeing the ghosts at all, you might have to delete your own ghost for the respective track.

kanar
29th October 2008, 07:30 PM
I've tried that, no ghost for the track, & downloading new ghost. result, no ghost. It's probably my fault. I'll try again.

Asayyeah
30th October 2008, 10:23 AM
I got the same problem Kanar mentionned : seems it's region locked ghosts :(
or maybe El can you test it with the new Flashback Jack laptime Moa reverse?

Are my racetime & laptime Vineta K working for euro pilots as well as ntsc ones?

eLhabib
30th October 2008, 10:27 AM
I will test that out. Would be quite stupid though if the ghosts were indeed region-locked... :?

klax75
3rd November 2008, 05:00 PM
I just registered for the Ghost site, was uploading some of my screen shots. It says upload successful, but how do I see them, or now what I have already uploaded?

eLhabib
3rd November 2008, 05:35 PM
you'll see what you have uploaded on your profile screen, and the screenshots will appear in the screenshot rotation on every page.

blackwiggle
19th November 2008, 03:07 AM
I just tried loading a ghost into my PS3,it loads in but won't ask if I want to overwrite the old one.
So I copied the old one onto the usb stick,deleted it from the PS3 saved data and loaded the new one again....it shows up in the S/D on the PS3 but doesn't appear in the game.
So I deleted both ghosts from the PS3,had a lap or two so something will show in saved data and tried to overwrite with the ghost from the site,no overwrite option again and I have two ghost saves in the PS3 saved data [same track-event-craft] but only the one I did is accessed by the game.

I'll try some others and report back,but I think the reported region lock thing might be correct,if so you might have to add which region you are from in the download/upload page under comments.

blackwiggle
19th November 2008, 09:05 AM
Ok,others seem to work.
I downloaded and used Leungbok's Sebenco reverse 24.74 with Harimau because I sucked at that last weekend playing against Kanar and co.

Well after seeing the lines he was taking it took about 5 laps to better that,then had a look what the best time was...Asayyeah with icuarus and beat my previous best with that craft.....Asayyeah could you download your ghost of that,I think I know where I'm going wrong but I would like a reference if you would be so kind.

Anyway,went back to either AG/s or Harimau and beat my previous best again,so now I'm in the top 20 with a 23.68 which I'm pleased about since I haven't really put much time or effort into it and I can get consistent 24's or less now.

Elhabib ,you do realize you have just released a monster within me starting this website ;)

Hopefully soon I can put some reference times up for the tracks that have none,got to make them decent times first,I haven't really worried about it till now,I have been pre occupied with getting most of the trophies out of the way.

leungbok
19th November 2008, 06:42 PM
Glad my poor ghost was of a few help :D
I 'll try to upload all my sl ghosts in the top 10 (i have a better sebenco reverse at 22.15 with harimau, just to wait Asa's ;)) , no world record for now, but some are not too bad.

Just did it, some tracks have their ghosts now8)

dobyblue
20th November 2008, 05:05 PM
I tried using Speed Lap ghost for Sebenco (R) and Sol2 (R) last night, ghosts #44 and #45.
They loaded in just fine, showed the correct logo, nothing happens.

Has anyone determined if the ghosts are region-locked yet or not?

leungbok
20th November 2008, 06:43 PM
Oh, i think i updated this 2 ghosts (with the "edit" fonction).
And when i update, there's not the message "upload succesfull" which usualy appear when i upload the ghost of a new track. I improved my ubermall reverse sl (phantom). I'll will delete the old one and upload the new one can you try to download it and say if it works ?

blackwiggle
20th November 2008, 08:32 PM
dobyblue,Check to see if you have your own saved data [Track-Speed-Race Type],then when you go to load the ghost from the site which is the same T/S/Rt it should say"This Data already exists,do you want to overwrite",if it does that means it will be ok.
If this warning/option doesn't come up,that means either that there is no previous saved data to overwrite,or that the data you are loading is region locked and will be listed in saved data [along side you original,so now you have two for the T/S/Rt] but not accessed by the console.
We are guessing this is the problem,it might be something else,[NTSC/PAL convert problem],either way,some work some don't.

dobyblue
20th November 2008, 08:48 PM
But the ghosts are all imaged at 1080p60 right, so there should be no PAL/NTSC problem.

I know I definitely don't have any Speed Lap or TT times for those two courses, or any of the reverse courses yet. I will try a different ghost tonight and see if I get any better results. I will try Ubermall (R)

Asayyeah
22nd November 2008, 01:41 PM
Well after seeing the lines he was taking it took about 5 laps to better that,then had a look what the best time was...Asayyeah with icuarus and beat my previous best with that craft.....Asayyeah could you download your ghost of that,I think I know where I'm going wrong but I would like a reference if you would be so kind.

No problem mate ill do that for you ( i planned to did it a couple of days before but i ve been busy ) count on me for next week.

OBH
24th November 2008, 03:01 PM
Uploaded a few ghosts for the first time today. Decent times, with Vin K the current fastest one on there. Hope someone finds them useful.
SL Sol 2 rev, harimau - 0.20.71
SL Vin K rev, harimau - 0.18.73
SL Anulpha Pass re, harimau - 0.21.18

kanar
24th November 2008, 03:03 PM
Haydn,

I find that useful! BIG THANKS for vineta k & sol 2 reverse, really needed that. I will download them right after work.

dobyblue
24th November 2008, 07:19 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a region A wiper with some ghosts up that I can try and see if they'll work?

kanar
25th November 2008, 07:51 AM
lol. (If you meant by region A the americas) you should give a try to Mr Flashback's ghosts, he's Canadian too

dobyblue
26th November 2008, 12:54 PM
Cool I will try and give that a shot before the Avalon league meeting on Saturday morning.

I'd show up Sunday too, but I'll be at tailgating for the Buffalo Bills game getting good and drunk around the time you guys start your first race.

pirahpac
30th November 2008, 07:57 PM
I m just write on this site .. which is very good, but not enough ghosts! isends 2 in Scout:sonar if it can interest to some drivers

kanar
1st December 2008, 09:02 AM
thanks Pirhapac for your contribution. Really, really helpful!

Mu5
7th January 2009, 12:46 AM
I posted a ghost on Moa Therma / Phantom / Speed Lap - and it appears underneath the existing ghost, but it is faster. Could you sort the times in ascending order so that the fastest ghost appears first?

Cheers :)

eLhabib
7th January 2009, 07:50 AM
I just checked, and your ghost time is slower than the other time for that event, so it naturally is listed below the other one.

Mu5
7th January 2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry man my mistake :)

Asayyeah
15th January 2009, 12:40 PM
Your site MArtin is great but VERY insulting sometimes !!

Check this guys it's from a PM i sent to El Habib ( the traitor :P ) :

Originally Posted by Asayyeah
Look at that Martin : it's a copy & paste from your site which generated me a new password ...

Hi Asayyeah!

You have requested a Passwordreset for your Account!
We have generated a brand new Password that lets you login again!:

Username: Asayyeah
Password: prik38

Lmao, Am I a prick ? and i am 38 as well :cold

Bloody site ;)

Martin's answer : " BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's incredible! that has to be the funniest coincidence I've ever seen! those passwords are created absolutely randomly!!! I promise you I've got nothing to do with it! ;)

Oh dear, I was laughing so hard! You have to post this on the boards mate! Hilarious!
Cheers Arnaud, you prick :D "
http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/images/buttons/forward.gif (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&forward=1&pmid=21157)

Thx for being honored as a 'prick' by your site :D

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 12:45 PM
Hahaha man, that is so funny that this happened! I just thought again about how these codes are being generated, and it simply throws together letters and numbers randomly. If you look at the code, it consists of 6 positions, so it's like lottery really, only that here we have numbers 0-9 and letters A-Z!!! I don't dare to even think about how slim the chances are of actually getting a word out of this random process, let alone your age as well! Consider yourself an incredible lottery super jackpot winner! :D

Darkdrium777
16th January 2009, 12:27 AM
Heh :lol
Got something similar on Youtube myself one day, was watching a comedy video and it was about sex jokes (Comedians are weird sometimes :D). Lo and behold, the password I had to enter on Youtube to comment had to do with sex. :lol
It's the lottery man you should buy a ticket xD And watch out for lightning if you win it, because the odds are greater for lightning to hit you than for you to win the lottery... :cold

eLhabib
16th January 2009, 03:41 PM
I am proud to announce that www.wipEoutHD-ghosts.com has broken the 100 ghosts uploaded mark (thanks to Mus, you'll receive a free pat on the back). I have to say I was actually hoping the site would attract more people, but hey, as long as it serves those who want to use it, that's fine :)

yeldar2097
17th January 2009, 05:45 PM
i have some ex no.1 ghosts on several venom tt's. they are easily beatable but i suppose they might help some people. would you like me to whack those ones up (i could always improve them first if you'd like;))

eLhabib
17th January 2009, 05:49 PM
It's your choice, not mine. I say the more the merrier ;)

yeldar2097
17th January 2009, 05:57 PM
who'd pass up a chance for glory? not me that's for sure. i'll have a proper tt/sl fest on sunday and i'll post them when i'm done :). fame and fortune here i come!

Wellington86
18th January 2009, 03:30 PM
I don't know if it's the site or if pirhapac uploaded it incorrectly, but I just downloaded his ubermall SL ghost only to find that it was his CP rev ghost. Typically, I only noticed this after I had copied it, so I lost one of my best ghosts :(. A quick 99 laps has only been able to restore a ghost within two tenths of the old one :|.

eLhabib
18th January 2009, 08:59 PM
You can look at the details of any ghost save while it's still on your USB stick, before you copy it to your PS3. Pirapac probably uploaded the wrong ghost... sorry for the inconvenience :paperbag

Wellington86
19th January 2009, 01:17 PM
It's ok. I also downloaded two of Asayyeah's ghosts yesterday, both of which worked fine. One of them shows the 'grind' (as pirhapac calls it) on Chenghou forward. I actually got to first in the TT the other day without using it (after many many hours of struggle over many sessions), but Mad-Ice destroyed my time the very next day, so thanks Asa for putting this up. I expect to improve my time with it, so in return I'll try to put one of my own on the site.

It's a shame to see Chenghou become yet another Icaras-fest, I will see what I can do in the Feisar, but I expect to end up adhering to that not-so-honourable adage, "if you can't beat them, join them" ;).

lunar
19th January 2009, 01:28 PM
what`s the grind?

eLhabib
19th January 2009, 01:35 PM
I was just gonna ask the same thing.

Oh and Wellington, just rest comfortably in the knowledge that you have the fastest FEISAR on the leaderboards. That's what I do with Auricom, because I think it's useless going up against people like Flashback Jack, who devote their life to crushing every new record within an hour or so. If they feel better doing it, so be it, but i bet they won't do it in an Auricom :P

Darkdrium777
19th January 2009, 01:38 PM
Hohoho the grind. Can't talk about that :D

I think pirhapac wants it to remain a secret for as long as possible... ;)

kanar
19th January 2009, 01:58 PM
Lunar (chenghou forward): after the first jump, boost + nose up, & land on the surface with the blue arrows above, the right border of the track in fact. Pirahpac was the first to perform that. Asa has posted his ghost Darkdrium, that's no more a secret... And seriously, please guys post your ghosts, I'm really not sure everone's is crazy enough to replay such the things you guys are performing... And the grind stuff is not as relevant as some other "secrets" (my opinion). The key of chenghou remains in the turn before the tunnel : I perform a barrel roll right before the tunnel, instead of this supergrind : 22.66. Maybe this stuff isn't necessary.
@wellington : Pirahpac's ubermall forward works mate, you probably missed something. I'm still studying it lol. Another exemple of the crazy stuff some pilots are able to perform. Practice is everything, but talent helps a lot, at this level.

Wellington86
19th January 2009, 02:56 PM
Lol, thanks kanar for posting that, I would have been unsure whether to blow the whistle on something I didn't find myself. Darkdrium is right, I don't think pirhapac wanted anyone to know this one, mostly to keep FbJ in the dark!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'woops' though. Just to clarify, after the nasty hairpin boost off the first jump and nose up over the bridge which crosses the track just before the long left-hander. You will land in the seating on the outside of that corner. Manoeuvre left toward the wall, and watch as the craft goes smoothly around the corner as though it were grinding on the wall (although you do have to steer a bit). Once round the corner you have to side shift off or you will drive straight into the side of the tunnel.

The barrel roll into the tunnel is what I was doing before, but it is one of the most difficult BRs in the game to do consistently, which is why it took me so long to get ahead of pirhapac in the TT, despite knowing that theoretically I could get a low-ish 1.58 without the grind. The grind misses that BR, but it is definitely faster, it didn't take me very long to beat my SL time while I was chasing Asayyeah's ghost.

kanar
19th January 2009, 03:36 PM
Please let me put another exemple guys;

I don't know if you remember the aborted chrono TT challenge for HD. We all tried to lower as much as possible anulpha reverse. Asa & me posted our ghosts (we discussed every day together, with mike too... about the right technique...) ; We worked like freaks an entire week on this track. No regrets on the fact I've posted my ghost.
thread here :
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5312&page=4

leungbok
19th January 2009, 03:42 PM
On that long left turn (wich ends at the tunnel), you can pull a double br the best is to succeed the first one at the begining of the turn and the other with nose down if you don't want to hit the tunnel's wall. I will try to improve my poor sl with this technique. The double-br is not that difficult, but to keep his line doing it is very hard !

pirahpac
19th January 2009, 04:00 PM
wellington..i sempt you photo who show that grind like 1 month ago..and i thought u understood..and for fbj ..i said all my secrets and asa madice and more who can beat that too..moa?ihave 22.28 i found a br..i said too that to "wotan998" and he beat me ..maybe i forgot u but mad asa fbj and other know that new br too..and i dont see why i must say that at pilots who say about me "loner racer " and they cant get a top 20 sl or tt..cuz for me that player who are happy to get a online recor and only this dont need know that..so for me just pilots(like u) who can beat new sl need to know this( sorry for my bad english)

Wellington86
19th January 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah I remember you sent me that picture pirahpac, lol, but as I told you at the time I couldn't see what exactly you were doing or how it was faster. Then shortly afterwards I found I could reach your time without doing anything different, so I never really looked for it.

I didn't mean to imply that you are always secretive, just that in this case I thought you were since you've shown a lot of your stuff in videos, but you hadn't shown this (at least not to my knowledge). I was only being playful anyway, you can say as much or as little as you like.

kanar
19th January 2009, 05:05 PM
Pirahpac, all the guys who tried to put their name in the ranking boards noticed you're a sort of pioneer. The s****y remarks you heard by the past : Jealousy. Nothing else. I'm still a rookie here, but I lived the pulse controversy in direct. That was sad. You want to push the limits of this game : Be sure -the guys who are actually trying to push the limits too- respect you so much for that. But as I told you, you can be confident in your skills too; The phantom SL ranking tables are already unreachable for the majority of us. This is already an alien's struggle mate. And I know this is just the beginning... not sure so many wipers could follow this rythm.

Asayyeah
20th January 2009, 09:23 AM
You can cumulate the 2 techniques : boost and BR over the structure but do not land outside on the curved left to grind but land onto the track ( try to land as far as possible on the left ) with the boost induced by the BR you can up your nose and BR right before the tunnel entry : the major problem is to not hit the right wall when you land after the boost+BR.
I was gaining like 2 or 3 tenths on my ghost (judging by rear view) but i miserably hit the left pillar on the big jump ... 22.30 possible :robot.

Pere_HD
20th January 2009, 10:39 AM
eLhabib: The site is great. Easy and very useful for the whole Wipeout community. :rock

I will start downloading some of them when I have time! I love to chase other people's ghost and struggle to find out things like "how did he barrel-roll there?!" :brickwall

I always give up and ask how they do it ...

stin
20th January 2009, 08:55 PM
bought Flash Key tonight, took me ages to understand how to this damn key to work.....*check his so-called stupid website and all that stupid ghosts!, who the hell anybody believes in Supernatural stuff?!!, weird peoples:nod

Strangely, found this very interesting ghost, downloaded, unzipped, then into key, pulled key out of my pc, put key in my precious PS3 and presto!, ghost uploaded!

Thank you mate! ;)

stevie:g

eLhabib
20th January 2009, 09:02 PM
ok at least now we have confirmation that any drunken baboon can figure out how it works! ;)

just kidding! have fun chasing some supernatural astral-projections, Stevie! :D

OLOuk
27th January 2009, 12:09 PM
Great site, not only for a beginers... for me spot on.

Wellington86
28th January 2009, 02:36 AM
OK I have uploaded some ghosts. At the time of this post all of them are Rank 1 on the leaderboards, although kingheim will probably have done away with the Metropia one before he even reads this. The ghosts are as follows:

Anulpha Pass TT
Metropia TT
Sebenco Climb Reverse TT (a long-standing record and one of my favourites, go easy on it :P)
Ubermall Reverse SL

I followed the instructions carefully but I might have made a mistake, so do tell me if anything is wrong.

Anyway, I hope you find them useful!

pirahpac
28th January 2009, 04:33 AM
[thks wellington!!! that sebenco rev tt will be very interesting to see.but very hard to catch lol

kingheim
28th January 2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks Wellington :rock
I'll try to upload my last alive Rank 1 TT before you kill it too :blarg Nice done for Metropia :+

kanar
28th January 2009, 11:27 AM
Guys, HUGE thanks for posting your ghosts. I've just 2 days to improve my skills, so this is the kind of stuff I need right now. AND : Congratulations for your amazing/supernatural records.

edit : damn, haven't read carefully your post Wellington, was so excited lol, it's more TT than SL ghosts. Thanks a lot anyway

Wellington86
28th January 2009, 01:27 PM
Sorry kanar, I know you only really do SL. If it's just what you enjoy doing then that's fine. But in terms of practising for the weekend (or just in general) I think TT is much better for improving yourself. SL is a fun competition and can be useful for testing out what works and what doesn't, but TT actually trains you to race a race.

Too much time is spent in SL just circling round the track to regain the boost and/or to start the next fast lap. In TT you are always doing fast laps so you get much more practice in, while the practice you get is more useful for a race because it teaches you consistency. Nailing the perfect lap once in 300 attempts is definitely not as useful as putting in 5 good laps, each a couple of tenths slower than the perfect SL lap. That's my experience anyway!

@pirhapac and kingheim, enjoy!

kanar
28th January 2009, 02:12 PM
yeah I totally agree with that Wellington. Asa told me the same... But I'm completely addicted to this mode now. Hard to leave this 99 laps cycle with the great music Arnaud gave me LOL. I really feel like a test pilot sometimes. I'll probably move to zone mode soon, regarding my gaming profile.

kingheim
28th January 2009, 03:58 PM
I've just uploaded my Metropia Reverse SL and TT (special thanks to Pirhapac for this one ;))

Maybe it's already known but if you open param.sfo (one of the 5 files of the ghost) on your computer with a wordpad, you'll be able to see the track, ship, time... so not really necessary to upload ghost 1 by 1. It can save you a little time if you go to upload several ghosts.

pirahpac
28th January 2009, 04:50 PM
yes lol kingheim.very nice war during maybe 5 days for get rank 1 .and i agree.that ghost is amazing to catch(like sol2 rev with welli ;) .;gl all

Wellington86
29th January 2009, 01:55 AM
Thanks very much kingheim! Even after seeing pirhapac's video ages ago I'm still far behind you two, it will be interesting to chase this one.

leungbok
14th April 2009, 09:05 AM
Ok, because of my recent bug on one of my ghost (maybe due to the new patch), i've just uploaded a bunch of my fastest's speedlap phantom ghosts. :)

yeldar2097
14th April 2009, 02:51 PM
woohoo! :D hurrah for leungbok :+

kanar
14th April 2009, 02:56 PM
GOD THANK YOU MATE. I really like the vids you or other stratospheric dudes posted before, but I really prefer a good old ghost in front of me. I'm still chasing Pirah's ubermall old ghost LOL. Maybe I'll catch him one day...

Just had a look, :eek a biblic number of ghosts uploaded! Thanks a lot for this massive gift!

Wotan
28th April 2009, 07:34 PM
As leungbok , i'm uploading all my phantom ghost . Indeed i had my first broken ghost recently (22.46 against 19.36 on ubermall reverse :( ) .

SaturnReturn
28th April 2009, 07:52 PM
That's unfortunate Wotan - I thought you'd escaped the curse. But I'm sure everyone will be grateful to be able to download your ghosts :+

yeldar2097
3rd May 2009, 12:22 PM
i was about to be grateful until my ps3 told me that the files are corrupt...
anyone else got this problem?
i've downloaded ghosts before (because i'm a dirty talentless leecher) and they worked fine so i'm not sure why it's not working anymore....
:confusedyeldar

ṪḞỤ
30th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Hi Wotan,

i saw your record on Chenghou Project last night after I finally get
the fücking gold on elite [Meltdown] (even with a 2:11ish time I
always finished 2nd :( ). You're pretty awesome mate!

@ eLhabib:
Thank you for your efforts. The wipEout Ghosts Site is just great and
incredibly helpful. Brilliant Idea!

Wotan
3rd June 2009, 04:32 PM
@ ṪḞỤ;127311 : Thanks a lot mate , and congrats for ur gold medal on meldtown (it's not easy) ;)

@ yeldar : Wich one ? Maybe it's my chenghou reverse time trial . I just see this file is corrupted on my ps3 ( time = 9.59.99 ^^) . But , i think other ghost are ok . AkFurtif downloaded a lot of mines and he haven't any problems ;)

yeldar2097
3rd June 2009, 07:21 PM
all of them :(
doesn't matter too much though, i can use my own ;)

leungbok
15th June 2009, 05:26 PM
Just updated some ghosts on the site ;)

kanar
15th June 2009, 05:58 PM
greatly appreciated, once again. Thanks for sharing, I love to see them running away from me. Ah ah I just downloaded the entire SL collection LOL. Thanks a lot too, wotan, kingheim.

bik3rluke
10th July 2009, 02:57 AM
Wotan, you're a machine. :| I refuse to believe that you're human. :o

leungbok
10th July 2009, 06:06 AM
Be carefull, Wotan998 (update from wotan800^^) may terminates you !! :cold

:lol

TarotCardKiller
20th July 2009, 11:59 PM
I have tried to download a few ghosts from the site to use but they never work on my PS3. I remember hearing something about PAL and NTSC PS3 reading stuff entirely different; I tried researching PAL/NTSC on wikipedia but it was all alien to me =]. I'm assuming most of those ghosts are PAL and don't work on NTSC PS3s. If anyone can explain PAL/NTSC and the reason its not working in Layman's terms, I'd appreciate it.

If it turns out the PAL ghosts cannot be used by everyone, I will upload my ghosts to help the rest. I can only offer Time Trial ghosts though. So far I have decent Sebenco Climb, Sol 2, and Chenghou Project ghosts but will work on the other tracks to get them up to date and upload them asap.

leungbok
25th July 2009, 11:33 AM
Hey El, will you update your site at the fury level ? :)

eLhabib
25th July 2009, 01:35 PM
I will, yes, but this might not happen until middle of August - sorry, don't know when Roland (programmer) is available...

leungbok
25th July 2009, 01:49 PM
We can wait !! :)

eLhabib
13th August 2009, 05:22 PM
UPDATE:
New tracks have been added* to the ghost site (http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com/) - please use the feedback mail if you encounter any errors.
Now ghost away! You crazy pilots you! ;)

*sorry this took so long

leungbok
13th August 2009, 05:25 PM
Cool, i'll add some fury ghosts ! :)

yeldar2097
6th December 2009, 10:20 PM
For the time being the site is down but if anyone is interested I could stick my ghosts in a .rar or something and whack a link here. Just till the site is back up etc...
:)

eLhabib
6th December 2009, 11:00 PM
sorry for the inconvenience. I've tried reaching Roland to ask him what's up, but no luck so far...

blackwiggle
6th December 2009, 11:07 PM
Trying to catch your ghosts yelder.
It would be like pitting me against Usain Bolt in a 100m dash ,and I'm wearing flippers.:)

yeldar2097
12th December 2009, 02:28 PM
Well in case you'd like to try:

131 of my ghosts (http://uploading.com/files/2aa7fe6d/SAVEDATA.rar/)

Ghosts from all classes and modes that I think might be helpful to people. All current or previous WRs - as far as I know 90% of them are the same times as posted on Conna's website and the in-game boards. The only ones that are not the same are some of the phantom SL/TTs but most of them are on Conna's site.

I haven't named any of the ghosts because I'm lazy and it would have taken me about 10 years to do :P

Enjoy ^_^

bik3rluke
14th December 2009, 08:28 AM
It's a shame to see this site die. Do you have the source code? If so, I can host it and get it back up and running.

eLhabib
14th December 2009, 08:32 AM
Don't worry, it WILL be back up and running. I just need to get a hold of Roland (webmaster), seems he is on vacation right now.

yeldar2097
14th December 2009, 01:35 PM
Uploading an arranging 131 ghosts will defs be fun :lol
Anyone want to lend a hand?
...otherwise we'll all be about 10 years older before I finish :P

Rezatron
5th July 2010, 11:13 PM
Site is still down :( Tried to upload a ghost for someone but I guess i'll just e-mail it to them. Shame.

onlykpop
11th December 2012, 02:08 PM
I may be 2 years too late posting this, but are these limks broken? Or is it just my ipad? >.<

stin
11th December 2012, 03:07 PM
Yes, these links are gone unfortunately. :(

stevie:)

onlykpop
11th December 2012, 11:43 PM
Sad face :(