PDA

View Full Version : Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Ragsus Maxima
19th June 2012, 06:31 PM
Did you tried to fire in short bursts at the first stages? That's your best chance to rack up as many points as you can before reaching the higher stages, especially here. If you're lucky enough to spot several bombs in your path, the better.

Nevertheless, Elite Detonator trials are hard; you are not the one with problems in those pesky trials.

Cipher
19th June 2012, 07:06 PM
thanks, i do try to hit every shot, getting to 10 and 15 chain bonuses and always take the left side, and one of the final rounds, i go to the left, since it built up with bombs, it's full so i just spray crazy in there getting 10 chains easily

but it's not enough =/ i'll try again this evening ;)

thanks

Cipher

newtype
22nd June 2012, 01:38 AM
Speaking of detonator, what's up with the leader-boards?

Also, when I try to view some records, my name simply shows up as PLAYER instead of my gamertag...

Cipher
22nd June 2012, 01:44 AM
bug since the patch, i've noticed it as well, it even says i'm 1st on some detonators, which i can't believe lol

Cipher

newtype
22nd June 2012, 05:53 PM
bug since the patch, i've noticed it as well, it even says i'm 1st on some detonators, which i can't believe lol

Cipher

Ha...that's precisely why I'm asking. I'm showing #1 in many events which I know is incorrect.

dreadofmondays
23rd June 2012, 05:43 AM
Is it possible to barrel roll yourself to death in speed lap? :/ I imagine you'd just get your health to 16, roll, and then hit a wall, and I've come close but I've never actually managed it.

Ragsus Maxima
23rd June 2012, 02:16 PM
No. In that case, your energy will always decrease to 15% even if you're at 16%. Also, in Speed lap, there is an auto-regeneration function.

JFthebestJan
23rd June 2012, 08:52 PM
Is it possible to barrel roll yourself to death in speed lap?...

yes, it's possible. it happened to me several times ;) i have a screenshot somewhere on my hdd... i'll try to find it

Ragsus Maxima
24th June 2012, 01:59 PM
O_o This is the first time I hear that someone can destroy him/herself during a Speed lap session! I never managed to "kill myself" in such sessions (maybe I wasn't barrel rolling enough), but that wasn't something I wondered back then, so I assumed it wasn't possible to lose all the energy of your ship.

Now Jan, you're tempting me to "self-destruct". :lol

Colonel
24th June 2012, 02:15 PM
That's really cool (not surprised that Jan has done it ;)). I've got very low energy on Sebenco SLs but I didn't know you could actually die.

dreadofmondays
24th June 2012, 11:38 PM
Same situation here; from the looks of it, the energy refused to drop lower than 18, but it's hard to tell.

dreadofmondays
4th July 2012, 07:59 AM
Hey, what is the amount of 'speed' you get from a barrel roll as compared to a speed pad or turbo? :O

OveReAction
4th July 2012, 02:26 PM
It's more like 3-5 times faster than flying over Speed Pads.

Ragsus Maxima
4th July 2012, 02:33 PM
About twice the speed than the speed pads if I'm not mistaken. For turbos I can't tell an accurate amount because it depends of how and where you boost.

Jacnob
4th July 2012, 10:23 PM
What is the most "popular" ship online?

Cipher
5th July 2012, 01:58 AM
i'd say icaras, see those most of the times, though sometimes there's a lot of feisars as well :p

Cipher

docfo4r
5th July 2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah, agreed. Feisar & Icaras seem to be the most popular ones...

Jacnob
5th July 2012, 12:33 PM
Next question: what is a fast time on Sebenco Climb, Rapier speed class.

Mikahail
5th July 2012, 03:28 PM
Around 25 seconds is a "fast time", not the fastest but pretty good.

Colonel
6th July 2012, 12:27 AM
Jacnob, do you mean Speed Lap, Time Trial, or Single Race etc? Check out Connavar's rankings site, it'll give you an idea what times look like for each of the tracks... http://www.wipeoutrankings.com/index.php (http://www.wipeoutrankings.com/index.php?x=1)

Jacnob
6th July 2012, 01:18 AM
I ment Speed Lap. Thanks for the link, I'm a bit of a novice, really.

Colonel
7th July 2012, 01:02 PM
You're welcome. The rankings site is a great motivator, especially when you start looking at your overall ranking, and ranking within specific modes and classes. It's one of the main reasons I've played so much, but I'm a massive geek when it comes to things like league tables and rankings.

P_Denton
15th July 2012, 02:53 PM
Two quick questions :
-the amphi rev shortcut seems physically blocked in ZB (haven't checked in Zone), ie, there's a visible wall in the opening and you can't get through. Can anyone confirm ? Since when is it the case ?
-Have the behaviour of the missile changed since the last update in terms of impact ? I mean I've experienced colossal slowdown with some missiles which were hitting neighbouring ships lately, a bit like a bomb would do. I never noticed that before, so what's up with that ?

MegaGeeza22
19th July 2012, 05:53 PM
Iv been looking at some pictures of sebenco climb and i got confused... if you put a person on the track he looks so small! the sides of the track are probably 4 meters high and the width about 15-20 meters+ and it looks as if it would take forever to walk around the track...
My point is this, Sebenco Climb is 4813 m long (2.9 miles)? It just doesnt seem right to me lol, that would take an olympian about 13 mins to jog a whole lap? are these distances accurate? i just cant get my head around it lol, i just keep imagining a dude standing on the track and it blows me away as to how big the tracks actually are.

Edit, I have been trying to create a scaled Sebenco Climb on the Little Big Planet Karting beta today, thats why i have suddenly become interested in this lol.

Cipher
21st July 2012, 02:42 AM
they are indeed tiny persons on the track :p
though for the track lenght, i don't think it's false info, though you could test it yourself in zone mode, do 1 lap slowest speed and end the zone, at the end you should get an average speed and the time you did your first lap in (i think), with those 2, you can easily calculate it :)

Cipher

Amaroq Dricaldari
21st July 2012, 07:27 AM
That doesn't look like a person, that looks more like a lamp (unused because of the time of day). It could also be a 360 degree camera.

Cipher
21st July 2012, 08:47 AM
it's a person though, like it or not ^^

http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpaper/wipeout_hd_would_also_be_awesome_if_anyone_has_des ktop_1920x1080_wallpaper-401275.jpg

^much better look on it ;)

Cipher

blackwiggle
24th July 2012, 11:37 PM
MegaGezza22.
I hate to say it, but I think that your hard work in constructing a LBP cart version of Sebenco Climb might end up being refused publication, or, allowed to be published, then later pulled [which would be more upsetting IMHO] as they would probably see it as copyright infringement.

I remember the sad story of somebody else putting in may hours of work constructing a version of Chenghou in Mod Nation only to suffer that fate.

I suppose you could always keep a copy of it on one of your moons, they invite people to play on it in multi player construction mode.

Solid
1st August 2012, 08:58 PM
Has anyone done the Anulpha pass glitch to past zone 3000 and then drove on to see the speed? Does it crash your ps3. anyone got a video

MegaGeeza22
1st August 2012, 09:34 PM
I will try out your thing in a few days cipher, i will find out what the max speed is for venom in kph and do a few speed laps flat out and not using speed pads and then il do some math lol.

Amaroq Dricaldari, are you talking about that thing on the inside of the corner? i never noticed that lol, but that is probably 2-3 times the size of a human, i was referring to the man in the cockpit.

Blackwiggle, i deleted lbp karting lol... it was ok to start with but it got boring fast, my sebenco track was ok but it was nothing special. it didn't feel the same with wheels and no sideshift.

Amaroq Dricaldari
4th August 2012, 07:41 AM
Two quick questions :
-the amphi rev shortcut seems physically blocked in ZB (haven't checked in Zone), ie, there's a visible wall in the opening and you can't get through. Can anyone confirm ? Since when is it the case ?

All of the textures on the track are removed in Zone Mode and Zone Battle, and the transparency of certain objects (such as the in-game holograms) are part of the texture. The same is true for most other games. Something that is normally transparent may seem opaque, for example.

OveReAction
4th August 2012, 08:21 AM
It's all because the whole track is a mag-strip, your ship always sticks on the ground even if you're on the peak. Making "that" jump useless.

P_Denton
4th August 2012, 11:59 AM
I know both of these things, hence the question. I do know that it was possible to do the jump with a well-placed boost, since I managed it a couple of times. Thing is, never have I noticed any kind of transparency bug there before (no idea whether my faulty memory is to blame for that), and I did try to redo it recently, to no avail. Maybe I screwed up each time (I haven't tried that many times to be truthful, but I had a couple of instances that looked like decent attempts). So if someone has recently attempted the same, I'd like to hear from them.
For the other one, I haven't got the problem recently so I dunno... it has been "fixed" by some tinkering serverside ? Whatever I guess.

EDIT : my bad, it really is a transparent texture showing up. I just retested this in racebox, and you can get through.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
5th August 2012, 08:14 PM
hi, everyone.
actually i never wanted to sign in on this website but now i decided, caused by a bug(?), to do this nevertheless.
i usually play some speelaps on venom and my best track is vineta k.
and here is my problem.
i am faster than my ghost but the time isnt.
two times i was around 10 hundreths faster, than my personal best, but the time says only 2hundreths slower.
either the ghost isnt synchronized correctly with the time, or something is wrong or the timekeeping works wrong.
i want to know whether there are any simililar cases known and what i can do to make it running correctly.

i hope anyone is able to help me!
thanks, era

JFthebestJan
5th August 2012, 09:28 PM
there's only 1 solution:
delete ur ghost, cause it's bugged obviously.
after turning on the PS3, go to 'Game' >> 'Saved Data Utility (PS3)' >> sort 'Group Content' with square button 'By Title' >> 'Wipeout HD' >> search for the ghost data >> delete it.
after starting up Wipeout HD, u'll have no ghost anymore, but can set a new 1 at any time. but BE AWARE, DON'T restart a 'Speed Lap' or 'Time Trial' event after finishing it. u have to go to the main menu and start the event from there again, otherwise ur ghost data will get corrupted again.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
6th August 2012, 01:40 PM
there's only 1 solution:
delete ur ghost, cause it's bugged obviously.
after turning on the PS3, go to 'Game' >> 'Saved Data Utility (PS3)' >> sort 'Group Content' with square button 'By Title' >> 'Wipeout HD' >> search for the ghost data >> delete it.
after starting up Wipeout HD, u'll have no ghost anymore, but can set a new 1 at any time. but BE AWARE, DON'T restart a 'Speed Lap' or 'Time Trial' event after finishing it. u have to go to the main menu and start the event from there again, otherwise ur ghost data will get corrupted again.

hehe, the ghost wasnt even saved. but luckily i was able to make a lap with the same time.
thanks 4 help.
achso, darf ich dich fragen, wie du die sl auf metropia gemacht hast - die zeit is awesome

Pico de Goroh
19th October 2012, 05:03 AM
Has anyone ever gotten a speed boost from a bomb?

Today I had a boost and used it at the exact moment a bomb detonated on top of me. I can't remember if was coming from the side or head on, but I got an incredible speed boost, much faster than the boost power-up normally is.

AGSys
4th November 2012, 05:33 AM
Does anyone know where to buy Wipeout HD and Fury ANYWHERE other than PSN? If anyone does, please tell me. I don't have access to the internet from my PS3 so there's no other way.

FYI: I checked on Ebay and Amazon. On Amazon it's available but it's like $110 when on PSN it's only $20. On Ebay, it's not even there. See my problem?

Medusa
4th November 2012, 01:33 PM
When you search on Ebay, you'll have to do an advanced search, search "Any country". If they don't list shipping cost to your country, just send a message and ask politely if they'll consider it in your case.
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=%22wipeout+hd%22&_sacat=0&_odkw=blankey+jet+city&_sop=12&_osacat=0&LH_IncludeSIF=1&_dmd=1

If you're really stuck after that, PM me, I have a copy I would sell if someone really needed it.

AGSys
4th November 2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks! Yes I'll see if I can buy it off that particular webpage, I'm pretty sure I can. I think the majority of the listings ship internationally, I'm in NZ so it should ship with no probs.

blackwiggle
4th November 2012, 09:17 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to use somebody else's internet connection and you taking your console around to their place [it would need to be a ADSL or ADSL+ connection], starting a PSN account [it's free] and for you to have pre bought a PSN card to the value that you need to buy the game from the store?

Trying to get a Disc version of HD/FURY is pretty hard, they were only sold by one store in Australia when released [JB HiFi ] and not for very long at that, also from the reports at the forum from those who bought it, the game is quite a bit slower to load and there were some other problems with it in comparison to the download version.

Also, if you went about getting the download version, once downloaded and installed, and still connected to the internet, you could go to the online portion of the game and get the latest of the games software updates.

Maybe try a Internet Cafe near your area and ask them if you could briefly do it from there.

AGSys
4th November 2012, 11:44 PM
Worth a try I guess. I already have a PSN account so that shouldn't be a problem. And yeah you're right about the loading times, I've seen similar results with downloaded PSP games in comparison to disc versions. But for now, I think the eBay method is easier for me.

​Ω​
5th November 2012, 11:59 AM
Worth a try I guess. I already have a PSN account so that shouldn't be a problem. And yeah you're right about the loading times, I've seen similar results with downloaded PSP games in comparison to disc versions. But for now, I think the eBay method is easier for me.
I was in a similar position when I bought my copy (didn't want to connect because my PS3 had more value unupdated) and so bought the hard copy. I also got it from ebay, but it was like $25 + shipping when I bought it. I'm not sure why these other listings are so expensive. If you're willing (just not able) to connect it then I'd use your psn account to buy Wipeout HD (I think you can do this from your computer) and then just take the PS3 to a friend's with wifi and download the game there.

As for the loading times, if anything I've found them to be faster. The only times I've seen them done are for those before in-game ads/after in-game ads loading time comparisons, but even the pre-ad loading seemed slower than mine. I think when you're playing the disc most of the data is being read off the harddrive anyways. When you first pop it in, even if your FW is higher than WO:HD needs and you're not connected to the internet it still does a huge download (2gigs?) onto your PS3. Presumably that's the more frequently used content.

outsider pl
3rd January 2013, 11:39 PM
i have friend on my ps3 he is a good wipeout player and he have platine trophy without 4trophy's wtf is wrong?????

D_1998_BR
4th January 2013, 12:44 AM
Possibly he left out 4 trophies from the Fury add-on.You don't need to 100% the Fury trophies in order to get the platinum,you only need the original trophies.Like me! I have left one trophy and still have platinum.

outsider pl
4th January 2013, 06:28 AM
ok thx 4 reply

- - - Updated - - -

ok thx 4 reply

trackripper
14th February 2013, 08:01 PM
Is there anyone else who can't seem to reliably get the starting boosts anymore? I hit the throttle as the countdown hits go, but 8/10 times I don't get the boost. This is bizarre as before I took a break from WipEout and before the recent update, I could nail every single one every single time... I have a new PS3 Super Slim if this information's of any use.

amplificated
15th February 2013, 03:08 AM
You aren't meant to do it exactly after the "go"; try waiting a fraction or two of a second afterwards for the boost.

Cipher
15th February 2013, 05:35 AM
yeah still works fine for me :)

the boost itself is weird though, if you're in 8th position, you seem to get a stronger boost than the 1st player (at least on multiplayer)

Cipher

multibodydynamics
22nd April 2013, 11:17 AM
A question about the Syncopia glitch and cross-play functionality. I know it is possible to start an online race on Syncopia using the Syncopia glitch if you play HD Fury on a PS3. What happens to the VITA players that are in the same lobby in this situaiton? Does the HD Fury addon for the VITA contain the race version of Syncopia or do VITA players just get kicked out of the lobby? Does anyone have any experience in this?

Cipher
23rd April 2013, 02:36 PM
i would guess they get kicked out, only had that glitch once during a bling brigade event, but i think you'd have the cinematic camera playing in HD/fury with the text; "waiting for *vita guy*" and it would eventually kick him or something

Not sure, quite a weird question though :p

Cipher

multibodydynamics
24th April 2013, 01:26 PM
It is a weird question, I know. But you still got to wonder how SL chose to handle the situation. They were probably aware of the Syncopia glitch when they made HD Fury to the VITA and they never bothered to remove it from HD Fury on PS3 with a patch. So you have a track that is selectable on one system but not the other, but through cross-play both systems depend on it! Logically, I guess SL just removed it since almost nobody will use the Syncopia glitch anyway. What's really weird is the existence of the Syncopia race version in Fury in the first place...

blackwiggle
24th April 2013, 04:31 PM
Ask Leungbok
He is the Master of getting the Syncopia glitch to work, PLUS - he is one of the few that play 2048 online regularly

SaturnReturns found the glitch originally by accident while talking [being distracted] via skype with Kigo1987.

He managed to find out what he did and worked out how to replicated it. [Big Up's :rock ]
Leungbok has posted a YouTube video on how to trip the glitch [ It's not easy]

OK: from Feb 2010 when Saturn found the glitch.

Enjoy the thread.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?7271-Syncopia-Pure-Four-Time-Trial-Glitch

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
2nd November 2013, 12:10 AM
I must admit it but, in all honesty I believe that people who use wipeout glitches to their own advantage aren't really playing fair. The way I see it is that as if people are intentionally using glitches to have fun between 2 players/split screen players then that's fine as long as they don't ruin it for everyone else who is online then all is good :)
Sorry if I sound like a cretin to you guys on here; I am new on here lol :p

Cipher
2nd November 2013, 12:24 AM
heh, does anyone have a problem with the syncopia glitch? :p
i love it! it's the only way i'll ever get close to a world record LOL, and racing a track online u normalyl can't, is just fun :), be it with friends or randoms, at least in my opinion

and quite the bump there ^^

but got a question myself, does anyone tend to agree that the physics/handling in racebox mode is completely different than in online? or is that just me tripping?

Cipher

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
2nd November 2013, 12:36 AM
Hey Cipher, I know this may sound stupid to you but what is the syncopia glitch? :P I know. I sound like an idiot.
Oh by the way on my best attempt I got to zone 93 which I am still chuffed because I got the zone zeus trophy (Finally) :rock

Cipher
2nd November 2013, 03:12 AM
hehe, it's a bug in the game where tech de ra reverse gets replaced with syncopia in non-zone mode based game modes, the track's all wonky looking and what not :p

here's a thread about it, contains a video ^^
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9313-I-DID-IT!-Syncopia-online-multiplayer

getting it online is significantly harder than getting it in single player racebox mode

Cipher

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
3rd November 2013, 03:45 PM
That looks epic man :)

Cipher
3rd November 2013, 04:53 PM
been seeing the bug quite a bit lately, but am never on the TDR ® slot when it happens :P

also, been having that strange bug of the patch 2.4 again, getting hit by invisible weapons >.>, anyone else experiencing this, or is it just terrible lag?

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
3rd November 2013, 05:06 PM
Its le lag I think.

Cipher
3rd November 2013, 08:14 PM
hmm, admitting it only happened a couple of times, with "roumania_fury" being the host, so maybe you're right, still annoying as **** though >.<

Cipher

Mike458
26th November 2013, 12:35 AM
Every time I go onto the overpass at Anulpha Pass, my ship stops dead on the overpass entry and can't move off that spot for five or so seconds.

Is there any way that this is a glitch? Or is it just my PS3 (As it only happens to me)?

AGSys
26th November 2013, 01:28 AM
I think I know what you mean. It just gets stuck on the edge of the upper track right? If this is the case, it happens to me upon entering at a slow speed. Then the ship either falls off and gets respawned or it abruptly gets back on the track. It's just a case of getting the pitching right when going slow so you get on track when trying to enter.

Cipher
26th November 2013, 02:32 AM
lol, love ur post title mike "sticky stuff" ^^
Never heard of that, never experienced it either, so not quite sure what that is, if it is a matter of pitching though, try approaching form the far right of the track which is a bit higher than the rest

And got a question myself, there's a speed cap on each ship, but what happens if you have a boost and a speed pad, or a roll and a speed pad, does it all just add up? or is there a cap there as well?

Cipher

DDD113
26th November 2013, 03:35 AM
If I were to make an assumption (which are never safe in WipEout by the way) I would say that it all adds up. Anyone ever tried using their turbo on a TT or SL at the very end of the lap and then right again at the start of the next? Maybe that could give us the answer! ;)

As for the "Sticky Stuff," I've never heard of this either, sounds interesting though, if you could get a video that would be great! :D

Mike458
26th November 2013, 04:23 AM
lol, love ur post title mike "sticky stuff" ^^
Never heard of that, never experienced it either, so not quite sure what that is, if it is a matter of pitching though, try approaching form the far right of the track which is a bit higher than the rest

And got a question myself, there's a speed cap on each ship, but what happens if you have a boost and a speed pad, or a roll and a speed pad, does it all just add up? or is there a cap there as well?

Cipher

I think that there is a speed cap, varying on each ship's top speed (I think), but if you use a turbo and a speed pad, they both add up. If someone could get a glitch where they fall out of the map endlessly, I think that may give you an answer.

Anyways, I fixed the sticky stuff by going over to the far right of the overpass on entry, and sticking to the far right all the way up to the first speed pad on the overpass. Staying in the center still has the sticky stuff though.

Mietepiet
26th November 2013, 01:06 PM
i think it all adds up like this:
current speed * %boost * %speedpad = top speed

this is based on: I always Sideshift before boost (from speedpad). and then I get a lot of topspeed badges.

I'll do some testing as soon as I have my recorder working again.

Cipher
26th November 2013, 02:19 PM
yeah was planning on testing that myself as well, but haven't gotten around to it yet, although if it is like that, i guess it would be very beneficial to turbo boost after a roll o_O

Cipher

Mike458
26th November 2013, 07:49 PM
i think it all adds up like this:
current speed * %boost * %speedpad = top speed

this is based on: I always Sideshift before boost (from speedpad). and then I get a lot of topspeed badges.

I'll do some testing as soon as I have my recorder working again.

Well, if you sideshift, hit a turbo, and use a speed pad, I think that will allow you to hit even higher top speeds than just turboing and using a speed pad because it will add the sideshift speed (I think about 250 km/h) to your speed when you perform this (This was also a counter to the sticky stuff at Anulpha) technique. However if there is a speed cap, we would need to launch 2 different crafts somewhere, spamming turbos, sideshifting, and hitting speed pads. If both crafts hit an identical top speed, then we'll have our answer. As I have said in my previous reply, we could also glitch the game and send a craft flying off the track and continue falling endlessly until it hits a top speed. If it rapidly accelerates and then suddenly stops accelerating, then there is a speed cap. However, if it starts gradually accelerating slower until it stops accelerating, it would most likely air resistance has stopped it from reaching any higher speeds.

Hope this helped,
~Mike

Mietepiet
27th November 2013, 12:02 AM
if you mean an ultimate maximum speed. then I dont think there is, hence the zone 1000 records on anulpha glitch.

Mike458
27th November 2013, 12:41 AM
if you mean an ultimate maximum speed. then I dont think there is, hence the zone 1000 records on anulpha glitch.

I'm not talking about Zone modes, just the normal ones. If there are two different sets of speeds from Zone to non-zone modes, then the zone glitch doesn't apply to the normal modes.

EDIT: I think I may have killed this thread

Mietepiet
2nd December 2013, 06:29 AM
1. is it possible to change/turn off the menu sound?

2. Is it possible to remove glitch times from game data?
if not: what are the downsides of removing game data? i.e. will i loose my online rank.

3. is entering spectate mode the only way to get those glitched times?

Cipher
2nd December 2013, 10:13 AM
lol mike, this forum has never been super active, just goes with the flow, don't worry about no new replies straight away ;)

@mietepiet
1) not separately no, it's controlled by the main audio settings, turning off the music will turn of the menu music as well
2) there's a whole bunch of individual records if you check your wipeout saved data, but i don't know if that's being used for the leader boards, thought that got pushed to the server, maybe it updates if you no longer have a record on that track, not sure
3) i didn't even know about that o_O, i'll have to check my times now, hope none of it derped >.<

Cipher

AGSys
9th December 2013, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, when do you get to unlock the silver Icaras Fury livery?

Mike458
9th December 2013, 08:02 PM
You unlock it when you get a medal on every cell in the Fury campaign in all events.

And how did I get a 1:32.08 time on the Amphiseum Forward on Phantom SR?

yeldar2097
9th December 2013, 08:39 PM
Skill...and maybe some bugs ;)

AGSys
9th December 2013, 08:50 PM
You unlock it when you get a medal on every cell in the Fury campaign in all events.

And how did I get a 1:32.08 time on the Amphiseum Forward on Phantom SR?

In that case, woooooow I'm far from ever obtaining it.

Mike458
9th December 2013, 11:20 PM
I don't really know how I got such a time, as after I got that time, I have been getting 2:08s and times around there. Must be a glitch or something.

Cipher
10th December 2013, 01:30 AM
Did you know, when in the lobby, if you hover over a lobby, the section that displays the name will swap to a bar, this bar represents the progress of that game, it fills up ;)

Cipher

docfo4r
10th December 2013, 08:39 PM
Wrong thread :D But yeah, noticed that. Even though either I am too slow or this bar is not accurate. It is 3/4 full, I join the room but can't participate since a race has just begun with 0 laps driven^^

Cipher
10th December 2013, 08:47 PM
woooooops, i must've been derping on the vita :P
yup, wrong thread indeed XD

And yeah, it's not a 100% accurate i don't think, likes to jump around as well :p

Cipher

idloveacupoft
11th December 2013, 03:31 AM
This probably an easy question, but how do I level up faster? I've only won 147 races and am on level 26, thought I'd ask cos I mainly see and play with high level guys. Jus wonderin if it jus takes long time or if certain badges make you level up quicker. Apologies if its a noob saibot question :)

Cipher
11th December 2013, 04:22 AM
^oh you! didn't know you were on here ^^
Hi! :D

And i think eliminator levels up much faster than normal races do, at least that's the case with the loyalty points, but i think they are the same for the ranking experience
in eliminator you easily get 1000-ish loyalty points where as with single race, you'll average 300, 400-500 if you have some perfect laps in there or some contenders eliminated and what not

I think though, don't quote me on it ;)

Cipher

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
11th December 2013, 08:35 AM
I wondered that as well. I think you level up quicker if you go up against someone who is a higher rank for example you would get more experience racing against a rank 101 compared to a rank 50 etc. Oh by the way i'm not fully sure if this is true or not, its just something I have noticed. I hope this helped mate :)

idloveacupoft
11th December 2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys. Ye I noticed you on there too cipher ^^. As far as loyalty goes, I have that maxed on five ships thanks simply to trying for high scores in zone mode on syncopia. 248080 is my record I think :)

I'll try eliminators I guess but theyre really not my cup of t :/ I can never win those.
And ye nocturn, that could be a good point. I bet a couple of 101s last night but never really checked if I got an xp boost for that.

My original thinking was that certain badges got more xp. Ie - getting time to spare might give beter xp boost than say, sucvessful pacifist or somethin like that. Or maybe its a mix of all our ideas

Cipher
11th December 2013, 03:14 PM
hmmm, this was actually a really good question, now i'm curious myself, i also noticed that if you win in an 8player lobby you get more experience towards the next rank than in a 2 player lobby, i might just be going crazy though ^^
and yeah, eliminator isn't my cup of tea either xD (unless 1v1)
Zone mode is great for loyalty indeed, but it doesn't increase your overall rank i don't think (does it?, not sure if single player matches count towards your online rank)

Cipher

idloveacupoft
11th December 2013, 03:21 PM
No. I only do zones for fun and high scores. Not for rank :)
Good point with the lobby size. Maybe another contributing factor. Its jus been bugging me what best way to climb ranks xD even though it not really important!

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
11th December 2013, 03:27 PM
I'm glad I was helpful mate and yeah i've often thought if badges are of significance or do help you rank up but as you said, it could be all of our ideas collectively :) and I agree with Cipher as well that in 8 player lobbies you seem to get more xp :)

idloveacupoft
11th December 2013, 04:54 PM
We must put these ideas to the test somehow :)

Mietepiet
11th December 2013, 05:25 PM
I think it's a mix of a lot of things, number of players, players rank, speedclass, winning, perfect laps etc.etc.
Also the higher you rank, the slower the progress.
i.e. it takes me over a week to level up @ rank 50, but after one night I reached rank 10 on a new account.

idloveacupoft
11th December 2013, 05:27 PM
Wow, getting to 101 must take forever so, unless you're a super racer

yeldar2097
12th December 2013, 12:40 AM
General rule is, the more you play, the higher your level. Very much like CoD; yes certain factors come into play, but the end result is more or less the same.

Been almost 4 years since the online levels were introduced, still haven't made it to 101 lol. I got stuck on Time Trial island and the rum never ran out :pirate

DDD113
12th December 2013, 02:36 AM
Why is the rum always gone--- Wait, the rum's NOT gone?? Hooray! :D

idloveacupoft
12th December 2013, 12:18 PM
Ye yeldar, I noticed your name on many TT leaderboards in your Icarus :) you're obviously a beast! I read the same point in a hellfireWZ faq, that the more you race online, the more your rank goes up. As I said earlier, it wasnt really too important anyway. Was just curious bout the levelling system.
I hope youre having a mixer with that rum guys ;)

yeldar2097
12th December 2013, 01:30 PM
Rum is great but sometimes idloveacupoft

Couldn't resist :P

idloveacupoft
12th December 2013, 11:27 PM
:D it was there for the taking! :D

AGSys
14th December 2013, 11:45 PM
Why does everyone hate the 2.51 patch? What's really so bad about it? I have no idea because I only got it in like July of this year.

Cipher
15th December 2013, 12:14 AM
there's a thread on here somewhere "new world records still possible" there's a nice discussion about it going on in ther ;)
can't link because i'm on the vita, isn't too old though, so you should be able to find it easily ;)

Cipher

Mike458
17th December 2013, 12:43 PM
I have been doing some tests with testing Shield stats, and I haven't been able to find any real difference between the any two craft's shields (except the Icaras, the Piranha, and the Triakis. Is it just down to slowing effects, or ability to be pushed around by weapons, both, or something else?

Ruuku
17th December 2013, 08:29 PM
I think Hellfire_WZ's FAQ on GameFAQs shows the amount of damage an Icaras and a Triakis take from every weapon. The difference is like... 2-5 points.

blackwiggle
18th December 2013, 09:13 PM
With mines and bombs the shield stats will show the real differences, as their effect is a know constant, but things like rockets, missiles and plasma bolts also depend on the proximity of the craft firing the weapon.
The only way to test that is offline two play mode with one craft ahead with shield ready to activate, and another behind at a set distance.
Once both craft have the needed pickup's, place them on the track for the test, arm the forward ones shield, then blast it with the craft behind, note the shield loss of the craft ahead to give you your stats.
Do the same test again with the same craft weapon combo, but this time further apart.

Mietepiet
14th January 2014, 07:51 PM
I just bought a €7 2nd hand copy of HD/Fury, anybody has experience with installing both version,downloadeble and disc?
I was hoping to have one updated version for online play and one v2.10 for offline play.

Cipher
14th January 2014, 10:19 PM
just inser the disc and play it, there's nothing to it really, keep the pre patch 2.51 offline though, else it'll automatically download the patch (i think)
Don't know how it is with the digital version

Cipher

Mietepiet
14th January 2014, 10:34 PM
It works the way I wanted :rock

I've the disc version update to v2.51 and the downloadable version on v2.10 running

Both editions have separate profile and ghost data. I haven't tested to copy profile to the disc version, but I want to start clean, since I've so many glitch times in online records (due spectators mode?)

Cipher
31st January 2014, 06:35 AM
Got a question, does the amount of slowdown you get from weapons depend on how high the weapon damage stat on the ship that hit you is? or is it a fixed time?

Cipher

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st January 2014, 06:59 AM
You mean based on your shield stat? Or based on the firer's Firepower stat? If the latter, then consult 2048 through adhoc multiplayer or something, because only 2048 and Fusion have firepower stats.

...I do know that in the original WipEout, the amount of slowdown you suffer depends on your ship's mass stat, and the recovery time depends on your thrust stat.
-----

I have a question of my own: If the ship's thrusters are on the rear, and the thrusters are pointing down when you pitch your nose up, how come the ship doesn't go flying when you accelerate?

Cipher
31st January 2014, 08:09 AM
^because the ships are too heavy for that? iunno, seems pretty obvious, wipeout physics are far from real world physics as well, can pull of same crazy stuff i don't think you'd be able to do in the real world, pure theoretically speaking alone :P

And no, just if you get hit with rockets, you get slowed (kind of just sitting there, waiting for it to pass… SO ANNOYING!!!), but sometimes it's far worse than other times and i realize that's multiple of the rockets hitting, but i was wondering if the damage stat on a ship also had something to do with it

Cipher

TheConzio
31st January 2014, 01:54 PM
I have a question of my own: If the ship's thrusters are on the rear, and the thrusters are pointing down when you pitch your nose up, how come the ship doesn't go flying when you accelerate?

If WipEout's physics were based on quantum levitation, then it would make sense why the ship wouldn't go flying off the track, because of quantum locking.

Watch this video for understanding, watch from 7:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXHczjOg06w

Mietepiet
31st January 2014, 05:43 PM
^Not true, Even with quantum locking, you can still change the direction by adding force. The trusters work the same as the hand of the guy doing the experiment in the video.

my theory:
The ship is going upward a little, but then the gravitational force takes over. You can't nose up enough to leave the track, only on bumbs or with a boost.

Nice video btw ;)

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st January 2014, 06:37 PM
...or if you somehow got a Goteki Fury and a Pir-Hana Prototype mixed together, and got it going Super Zen.

If I programmed the physics, I would make it so that if your ship's speed, aerodynamics and/or thrust stats were high enough and you are going on a fast enough speed class, then pitching your nose up would cause you to gain a bit of height.

But I am going off on a tangent here... Let's try to answer another question.

TheConzio
1st February 2014, 12:01 PM
^Not true, Even with quantum locking, you can still change the direction by adding force. The trusters work the same as the hand of the guy doing the experiment in the video.

Yes, quite right :)

rdmx
2nd February 2014, 04:38 PM
What's the most recent version of HD that was pre physics patch?

yeldar2097
2nd February 2014, 06:13 PM
I think people agree the most 'trouble free' version of the game is pre v1.3 and v2.10

I'm a 2.10 man personally. No more no less :P

rdmx
2nd February 2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks Yeldar, time to redownload. I tried on 2.30 and the physics were patched already. (new HDD in PS3). Did not test 2.20's physics.

When you do a fresh download of Wipeout HD, you wil be instructed to download 6 cumulative patches. If you desire a specific version, you MUST monitor the patching process and cancel the patching process. Updates are installed one at a time. This is the patch progression of Wipeout HD.

Base game/fresh download v1.25 (no Fury support) -> v2.00 (100MB patch) (1/6) -> v2.10 (2/6) (STOP after this installs for pre-physics patch!) -> v2.20 (3/6) -> v2.30 (4/6) -> v.2.50 (5/6) -> v2.51(6/6)

multibodydynamics
2nd February 2014, 08:11 PM
Version 2.20 adds support for 3D so that version should have the old good physics. I think the trouble starts in v2.30.

Amaroq Dricaldari
2nd February 2014, 08:36 PM
WARNING: SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC POST

It would be nice if someone found a way to get the Preview Version's Zone Mode onto the 2.20 HD/Fury, and maybe have it switch to 2.51 whenever doing multiplayer but back to the 2.20 in singleplayer.

THAT would be a good day...

yeldar2097
2nd February 2014, 08:49 PM
Did that with two PS3s running separate versions once. Close as we're going to get I'm afraid. As far as I know you need a dev kit or special PS3 or something to play the preview version of Zone mode, and very few people have access to it to begin with.

Yes you're right you have to monitor patch progress otherwise you have to start from scratch. I learned the hard way once, on a 0.4mb connection :bomb

I'm glad they didn't patch the download itself and that old versions of the game are still available else some of us would never be able to play again. That's something at least :)

Amaroq Dricaldari
2nd February 2014, 09:00 PM
Did that with two PS3s running separate versions once. Close as we're going to get I'm afraid. As far as I know you need a dev kit or special PS3 or something to play the preview version of Zone mode, and very few people have access to it to begin with.

Even if you somehow hacked the files for the Preview Zone Mode and overwrote the files on a hacked version of the released game? (assuming we had a way to do that in the first place?)

Besides, this is just a hypothetical, wishful-thinking scenario.

-----

Back on Topic:
Why is the Icarus Fury considered overpowered?

DDD113
3rd February 2014, 02:41 AM
So you're wishing you could hack the Preview Zone files...? Wonderful. :/

Mietepiet
3rd February 2014, 04:43 AM
If you buy the disc version (cheap @ 2nd hand stores) you can run pre 2.51 and 2.51 at the same time.
I've DL version on v2.10 and disc version on v2.51

Anybody knows a way to copy profildata from DL to disc version?
when I simply rename the folder it says data is corrupted :(

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd February 2014, 06:23 AM
Back on Topic:
I did not want to permanently derail the subject, guys.

Mietepiet
3rd February 2014, 06:55 AM
lol, how can you derail a topic, when the thread doesn't have a topic specified?

TheConzio
3rd February 2014, 07:00 AM

Maybe because of it's speed (100%)? I personally don't find it overpowered, and I dislike the low health capacity. I think it's great for rapier or lower class races.

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd February 2014, 07:05 AM
The FX400/HD Piranha and Icarus have the exact same top speed, and nobody is complaining about those.

TheConzio
3rd February 2014, 07:15 AM
Piranha's low handling ability reduces the top speed of the ship quite significantly when turning moderate to sharp corners, so Piranha doesn't get to top speed very often on the track, while Icaras can.

And yes I changed my avatar ;)

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd February 2014, 07:57 AM
Makes sense I guess

multibodydynamics
3rd February 2014, 10:33 AM
As far as I know you need a dev kit or special PS3 or something to play the preview version of Zone mode, and very few people have access to it to begin with.

Originally a TEST or a TOOL PS3 was required to run the preview version but now it is possible to jailbreak a PS3 with old firmware (1.71 if I remember correct, a fat or a slim, not a superslim) and install Sonys debug firmware (can be downloaded). Then you get the same functionality as a TEST machine and the preview version runs perfectly. :)

Edit:
Forget 1.71. The downgradability chart is pretty complex. I found a link to it for all fat PS3 revisions:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f263/36447d1342308228-help-me-please-downgrade-info-requested-g7wlg.png

yeldar2097
3rd February 2014, 12:38 PM
Then you need the preview version itself!
Ahh I wish. Would be awesome.

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd February 2014, 03:43 PM
I wish my 1st Gen Fatty wasn't bricked. The processor fried itself about half a year ago due to the crappy cooling design.

yeldar2097
3rd February 2014, 08:31 PM
Mine has gone YLOD 3x since purchase. One of the first few thousand PS3s sold in Europe I believe. My faithful old girl, never gonna let her die. Every time she YLOD I give her a nice thorough clean and rebuild and we're good to go for another year or so.

Been thinking of treating her to a CPU/GPU reball soon, get her working good as new :)

JFthebestJan
3rd February 2014, 10:05 PM
i've a 60gb day one (march 2007) edition too, still working like a charm, except the blu-ray drive. it broke away half a year after the warranty was over :(
that forced me to jump to digital releases, and i discovered wipeout hd shortly afterwards. funny thing is that dvds (movies, ps1+ps2) still working

yeldar2097
3rd February 2014, 10:40 PM
Ah yes the standard BD laser is very bad I have needed to replace the laser in all my PS3 and any of my friends with a PS3 also laser broken. Crap laser and crap thermal paste destroying the life of my console -_-
But I always bring them back to life :D

Amaroq Dricaldari
4th February 2014, 07:01 AM
How do the motion controls on HD compare to the D-Pad and analogue stick?

Mietepiet
4th February 2014, 07:11 AM
I don't know anybody who uses motion steering. There's some who use motion pitching. I've seen a video of someone using d-pad and analog for barrelrolls (wizardplay I believe).
I do everthing with the analog. I tried motion pitch, but I didn't like it. Maybe because I always play laid back on the couch, with a cat on my lap ;)

Cipher
4th February 2014, 07:34 AM
Motion sensor is SLOOOOOOOW, so much latency on the input it's insane, zero3growlithe flies motion if i remember correctly, how people do it is beyond me o_O

Cipher

Amaroq Dricaldari
4th February 2014, 07:46 AM
I see. Well the 2048 motion controls seem the complete opposite; it is almost impossible to avoid an oversteer.

amplificated
4th February 2014, 09:53 AM
Yes, motion controls have their drawbacks, but if you learn the track layouts you can anticipate those shortcomings and adjust for them with little to no negative consequence.

For me it was easier to learn how to use than using the stick or D-pad for pitching. I thought I did OK - couple of venom WR's, decent number of top 10's in venom-rapier; mainly SL. So yeah, you can do well with any control layout you feel comfortable with.

zero3growlithe

Yep. Full motion controls, and he's pretty damned good with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmmfNeMVl5Q

Oh and don't get me started on 2048. It's a gigantic step backwards from HD/F.

Mietepiet
4th February 2014, 12:28 PM
I think we should change the "Archieved the impossible" trophy!

Cipher
4th February 2014, 01:40 PM
wrong thread misja? :P
but yeah, it's a bit too easy, 6 rolls would be better, or 7 even :)

Cipher

yeldar2097
4th February 2014, 05:00 PM
The most incredible "Full Motion Control" pilot (apart from BR) I've come across: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMusashimitsu/videos

I don't care what anyone says, setting #1 records like that with Internal view AND motion control is ridiculously impressive. :sonar
Musashimitsu is definitely one of those 'Zen' guys we come across rarely in this game. Awesome.

It has inspired me give Motion Control a more dedicated effort.

Cipher
4th February 2014, 06:25 PM
I didn't even know he/she flew motion, internal view on its own is alreayd impressive as hell, add motion + epic zoning-> hats off
Tried internal with xtriko earlier this week, my worst phantom races ever! XD

Cipher

Mietepiet
4th February 2014, 07:06 PM
I think we should change the "Archieved the impossible" trophy!

@cipher: I was reffering to the motion sensor videos. Thinking it's pretty much impossible using motion sensor!
And with Matsui's videos: OMG what's the superlative of impossible?

yeldar2097
4th February 2014, 10:33 PM
Nothing to say other than Zen. Another ProblemSolver, pushing the limits beyond our amazement and into the realms of impossibility.

Certainly some of the most impressive work I have seen in all my years in WipEout.

AGSys
17th February 2014, 06:37 AM
Whooo! Got the Zone Zeus trophy yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I actually kept count of how many tries it took me. It took 8 tries in total, each time I got really, really close like one time I reached Zone 74, made a wrong move, crashed and was about to smash my TV up like it was cardboard lol. But funnily enough I found that partially concentrating helped a LOT. Yeah, so I was listening to that movie Home Alone and managed to get the trophy with still having about 30% shield. I'm weird like that.

Anyway, besides my rambling, I wanted to ask about the "Hold Your Fire" trophy-by far the most irritating piece of crap ever-and how you can obtain it. So to put it simply, can you use the EMP to get of some of the mines or can't you use anything at all?

OveReAction
17th February 2014, 07:09 AM
Yes, you can use the EMP in case of emergency, but it's best not to use it more often because this trophy requires memorization of mine placements as you could still need to survive till end of Stage 14 without destroying your ship. Once a mine is blasted by an EMP, the chances of spawning a mine/bomb in a blind spot might increase, giving you a struggle.

The most recommended track for this trophy is Corridon 12. The track splits into half, meaning half number of mines (or 5/8) spawn on one side of the track, giving you more room for evasion.

JFthebestJan
17th February 2014, 09:43 AM
...one time I reached Zone 74, made a wrong move, crashed and was about to smash my TV up like it was cardboard lol...

1991 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwoTg5O9v5E
you're not alone ;)

terra-wrists
8th April 2014, 06:59 PM
pfft, hehehehe, just saw this :D crackers!

AGSys
23rd April 2014, 08:08 AM
Hey guys I have yet another small question: For some reason custom playlists haven't been working for me during races. The default one works just fine. But I have the soundtracks from all the other WO games but for some reason the music just doesn't play/get recognised. Anyone know what's up?

bigsnake
23rd April 2014, 01:09 PM
Cold Storages stuff are .wavs arn't they? If so that might be your issue because I'm pretty sure WOHD only picks up MP3s :)

Light Buster
28th April 2014, 06:13 PM
Cold Storages stuff are .wavs arn't they? If so that might be your issue because I'm pretty sure WOHD only picks up MP3s :)

WOHD also takes AAC files as well.

Which reminds me, anyone knows where I can find the main menu music for Wipeout HD?

Cipher
28th April 2014, 06:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMUKdkixCZI

or you could just record it with your elgato :P

Cipher

MyNameIsBom
4th July 2014, 05:29 AM
quick random question...
Does anybody else's game freezes for a few seconds when ever you exit from the PS menu during online play?
I thought this only happened because I used to have a crappy PAL TV but its still doing on a 50 inch plasma TV. It's weird because I noticed that it never happened on my friends 30 inch LCD TV.

Cipher
4th July 2014, 07:19 AM
Not always, but sometimes yes, crashed because of dashboarding just yesterday :P
But it doesn't always freeze for a moment, usually works fine :)

Cipher

Light Buster
6th August 2014, 08:18 PM
What is this Boost-Select-Boost people keep talking about and how do you perform it?

Amaroq Dricaldari
6th August 2014, 08:41 PM
A powerful exploit that will corrupt you and drive you to madness. Don't use it, or the repercussions may result in doomsday for us all.

Ruuku
7th August 2014, 06:32 AM
Each time you cancel a lap you get another turbo. Turbo-Cancel-Turbo and you can return to the start quicker if you bugger up your lap somehow.

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th August 2014, 07:01 AM
There is one thing I did frequently in the past. When I got close to the line, I would fire a turbo while holding down the Invalid Lap button, and them fire another turbo immediately. When I crossed the line, I still got a huge speed boost and still had a turbo in my possession.

Cipher
8th August 2014, 08:21 PM
Surprised why youg uys don't know this, but BSB (boost select boost), is a way to gain some extra milliseconds on a speed lap by resetting the lap twice before the start of a new lap. It's always used with air time, easy example is ubermall

Ubermall, you would boost on the climb on your way to the start/finnish line, as soon as you boost, you press and hold the lap reset button to get back another turbo, while still in mid air because of your previous boost, you use the newly acquired boost from the lap reset right before the start/finnish line, gaining you the same boost as usual, but now you can also do a barrel roll on top of the normal boost
It's easier to understand with a video, so here you go :P

Example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVCY5z38nkw

2 boosts are used before the lap starts ;)

Cipher

Snakenator1
17th August 2014, 08:25 PM
Somebody help me please. Who on Earth is Vecarlos?? and how is he/she so bloody fast??? 0.0

Runs the HD Goteki and I've been having increasing games against Vecarlos, how does he/she make me look like a pilot who still uses pilot assist?
TELL ME HIS/HER SECREEEEEEEEETS!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

terra-wrists
17th August 2014, 09:09 PM
there's only one secret in this game dude... practice. :)

even now, after 5 years of playing HD Fury, I'm still learning stuff...

...the more you practice, the more you will discover.

Cipher
17th August 2014, 10:05 PM
He's an old pilot ;)
Used to fly as just simply Vecarlos, now flies with the 2097 added to it, he's fast yeah, likes his weaps too, so a tough one, but as Mosh said, with enough practice, you can get there too :)

Cipher

terra-wrists
18th August 2014, 04:21 AM
still trying to get there myself bud :D

Cipher
18th August 2014, 09:57 AM
Oh? are you flying phantom again? :p
You can do it, i know you can, you're a fasty yourself ;) (& you like your weapons too ^^)

Cipher

terra-wrists
18th August 2014, 02:02 PM
I love phantom but dont really join it because my girl likes me to flash ... facepalm. That didnt come out too well. Lol.

Cipher
18th August 2014, 03:53 PM
Hehe, can't refuse her wish though ^^
But yeah no worries, you're flash king either way, but for Avalon you're gonna hop on Phantom for a bit right? :p

Cipher

ps still working on the internal footage btw, bit busy with exams now, and internal shortcuts/boost rolls are ridiculously tough xD

terra-wrists
18th August 2014, 04:21 PM
nothing is tough for "The Cipher" :) you got this game nailed man. I can wait :)

And yes - i'll be in for the phantom races, for sure - was a complete blast last time in avalon, had so much fun... and those neck n neck races were spinning me out something silly dude :D haha.

:) stay blessed

Snakenator1
18th August 2014, 05:05 PM
Can't wait to race you again Terra, I've haven't had a truly intense race in a while.
Although I'll still be that spec in your rear view mirror, I still have to beat Cipher yet :P

terra-wrists
19th August 2014, 08:39 PM
You must have improved by now... hrrrmmmmmm.... interesting.... :)

Light Buster
17th September 2014, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know where I can get hi-res PNG images of all the track logos as well as the mode logos?

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th September 2014, 07:25 PM
Logos would be easy to reconstruct in SVG. Also, if somebody can extract WipEout HD's package files from the disc, then we could just pull out the textures and icons there.

Cipher
13th December 2014, 12:06 AM
Are servers shut down over night or something? i find them to be offline quite often when i hop on in the dark hours :/ (GMT+1)

EDIT; they're up again, but the question still stands, regular maintenance or sth?

Cipher

JFthebestJan
13th December 2014, 04:32 PM
is it legal to take shortcuts on the tracks? this is what the developers are saying:

RECOVERY
Even the very best anti-grav pilots can sometimes overstretch themselves, causing their craft to hurtle off the track following a high jump or unexpected burst of speed. If this happens to you, the AG Salvage Shuttles recovery service will return your craft to the race - however, you will have lost valuable seconds and will have to race hard to make up for it.

that brings us to the conclusion, yes shortcuts are allowed, as long as the game (AG Salvage Shuttles recovery service) doesn't respawn you!

thx for the clarification, Studio Liverpool

mannjon
13th January 2015, 01:23 PM
I don't know if that definitively proves it, in fact it almost sounds like it doesn't allow for shortcuts the way it is worded. It sounds more like, "n00b pilot, fear not if you fly off the track, it isn't race over just yet."

One way to prove the developers wanted us to use shortcuts is the Trophy you get for going through the TV screen on the Amphiseum. There is your proof right there. It wouldn't have been a trophy if it wasn't meant to be used. To that extent this particular move even goes through a wall, which I consider to be a glitch. So essentially it sounds like SL WANTED us to exploit the glitch. Using this rationale, I don't see what we can't extend that to include ALL shortcuts, including the ones that skip vast amounts of the track.

Unfortunately, also it would seem like SL doesn't want people to boost, hold down L1 and boost again in mid air. While it is easily doable, that was probably why they decided to nerf the bsb system with the patch.

JFthebestJan
13th January 2015, 08:59 PM
you've to read between the lines. it's clearly stated: if forbidden -› respawn! / no respawn = green flag, go ahead!

azteka
9th February 2015, 12:52 PM
Can anyone explain me what's the deal with the latest patch and why some forumers says it's better unpached?

Cipher
10th February 2015, 02:39 AM
They fiddled with the air brakes a little to (i think) fix some bugs, which ended up slowing down your craft a tiny bit through corners (when air breaking), correct me if i'm wrong ^^
it's ~0.2seconds per lap (on phantom)

Cipher

docfo4r
17th February 2015, 02:02 PM
Hey guys,

short question: I guess this has been a topic before but couldn't find anything related and I thought a quick question will give me a quick answer:

Recently I bought a 3D capable TV. Does the BluRay version of HD/Fury support 3D with the latest updates or is it still the case that only the PSN version supports 3D and I need to re-buy the game on PSN?

multibodydynamics
17th February 2015, 06:26 PM
Yes.
Blu-ray version of HD Fury is v2.51 and supports 3D-TV. I think you need to reselect display settings in the PS3 XMB to get the 3D support activated. When you start the game you get a question if you want to enable 3D.

JFthebestJan
17th February 2015, 09:47 PM
the 3d in wipeout is s h i t, cause it reduces the fps to 30, instead of 60fps. if you choose to convert 2D into 3D (TV-option) the game will stay at 60fps ;)

if you want to experience the 30 fps 3D, go to video settings of your PS3 XMB, choose 'hdmi' >> automatic >> the PS3 will recognize if a capable 3D TV is connected and asks you to choose the inches of your TV.

J.666
22nd February 2015, 04:08 PM
Hey guys, gotta a question.

I got wipeout hd and wipeout 2048 on vita. Now there are also wipeout, wipeout pulse, and wipeout pure for the vita. I know (most?) tracks from hd are tracks that are used in the older wipeouts. So whats is the best game to buy where l get new tracks and not the tracks l already know from hd?

JFthebestJan
22nd February 2015, 05:07 PM
go with pure, you get lots of new tracks through the free dlc tracks

J.666
22nd February 2015, 09:14 PM
Thank you, will get that then :)

hmetal2001
22nd July 2016, 06:14 PM
How did Sinucit from Pure not make it to HD?

Snakenator1
11th February 2017, 01:08 PM
Anybody encounter this following glitch before?

Guy leaves race during results screen, his name changed to DNF (and I mean his PSN ID changed to DNF, not his race time) and when the badges screen appears it displays the following text:
"ERROR_NULL_POINTER_BASED_SUBTEXT"

First time I have ever seen a text based glitch in the game

JFthebestJan
11th February 2017, 03:58 PM
maybe it has something to do with the omega collection... devs 'clever beans' testing crossplay function?! ;)

Cipher
11th February 2017, 06:55 PM
Nope, i've seen it before, it's a non-game breaking bug (good programmers to be doing exception handling), nothing special ;)

KazzyMac
20th February 2017, 09:52 PM
Woo!

Now for some dumb questions, 'cus I don't know where to post this. I mean, genuinely? If anyone believes this deserves its own thread (or needs to go somewhere else) then by all means.

But having played a bit recently, I've noticed that whilst I'm no slouch (Elite AI are terrible), I'm definitely missing something when it comes to playing against other players online. It's also very difficult to judge what racing lines people are taking, when side-shifting is being used, etc, due to the game's netcode.

So I've been wanting to ask this for a while. Is there any specific advice or guidance anyone can give me in terms of maximising my speed through corners? Any tricks regarding turning/airbrake usage, etc, that I might be missing since 99% of my time on any Wipeout game has been versus AI?

Predominantly I feel like I'm leaning too much on the airbrakes, but I fear there's more to it than that. I was playing last Friday using a PS4 pad, and I'm suspicious that the totally digital nature of the airbrakes (I use L1/R1) may be a culprit as well. I mean, I don't know if you guys here rely on depressing the airbrakes only partially (since the PS3 pad's buttons register as analog).

I've watched a few of Hellfire's old tutorial videos, at least. If all else fails are there any sorts of lap times I could aim for in speed lap on some of the tracks? I usually run Assegai, if it helps. Not the fastest, I know.

((Yeah, mostly I'm looking at making myself more competitive for you guys for when Omega comes out. From playing with Nugget/Snakenator on Friday I'm usually about 1/1.5s a lap slower. Some of that is poor cornering, some of that is me not being able to barrel roll in some spots. Heh. Sorry for the long grovel-post.))

Cipher
21st February 2017, 12:40 AM
Mastering lines, sideshift and pitch are some essentials to fast times, anticipated decision between a speed or weapon pad, wisely using your shield energy (don't waste it on a not very beneficial roll when you are low for example), being able to pull off ALL shortcuts and having the descipline to save a turbo until a shortcut opportunity also add to that.

Not to self promote, but for the whole lines thing, i do have a guide thingy ma bob on my youtube if you want to check it out, it's a lot of me rambling though, but the slowmo example lap with button input might be of use if you decide to skip the other parts ;)
Link: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7tqN5kDpIzEnya8uPoJJeaSaeLvSeXOk

KazzyMac
21st February 2017, 01:07 PM
Ah, gotcha!

Before I go doing that, though, does it matter at all if I have any analog input for airbraking or not? Going back to the matter that I was using a PS4 pad - though I'm debating because the d-pad on a PS3 pad sticks out more and feels easier to execute barrel rolls on.

Also what's the recommended/suggested sensitivity? I think I've been using 20%.

Cipher
21st February 2017, 05:23 PM
Doesn't matter at all, whatever feels better for you, there was even a pilot who used triangle and square as air brakes, so it's really whatever floats your boat ;)

For sensitivity, it's also your own preference, but as a reference, i use between 30 & 60% air brake sensitivity (depends a little on the ship, i tend to prefer 60 with most ships though)
Acceleration should ALWAYS be 10% as it's an inverse sensitive, don't ask, it's weird & complicated lol :p
Motion sensitivity behaves like air brake sensitivity, and thus, i have at 100% for easy pitch control ;)

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
21st February 2017, 07:44 PM
If you lack the raw speed to compete with more experienced players, you should focus on lines and br techniques.
On wipeoutrankings.com you can find a TT guide for every track and the porobably most important speed, Phantom. In general, there are lots of useful videos included, which can help you to improve your speed.
Note, that you won't keep up with the listed times - this is due to the gane mechanics. The important thing is to be able to copy the shown techniques, as far as possible.
To know, whats theoretically possible, is imo the only option to reach a higher level.
Good luck!

KazzyMac
21st February 2017, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the advice! :)

I'll have to take a look at the airbrake sensitivity again as well as those videos, as I'm pretty sure that some of the time I'm losing is inefficient lines through corners. Phantom is hard to get comfortable with racing lines (hard to just subconsciously sideshift at the end of a corner so I don't have to turn so sharp lol). I don't expect to get anywhere near the leaderboard times (Assegai is slow :P).

I think I just need to do a lot of laps in SL, haha.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
21st February 2017, 11:12 PM
SLs are great and doing them is the best way to practise your technique. Thats how i have become a good player as well. I focused on few tracks, namely vineta k, sebenco climb, ubermall and anulpha pass. I tried to copy those brs shown in the vids and eventaully i was able to do so. But more importantly, i was able to understand the physics of the aircraft; how it behaves in the air, how airbrakes, sideshifts and pitching affect the airtime. That knowledge could now be used to apply it to the other tracks and master them as well. And now i can be fast, really fast on almost any track and any speed.
But here is the BUT:
With SLs you do NOT train consistency, which is absolutely mandatory to perform well in a race and also tournaments.
Thats why i recommended you those Time Trail videos. Naturally, TTs are more related to an actual race and therefor better if you want to be a good online-player.
For example, whats the point of being radically fast on ubermall, when you get stuck 4 out of 5 times in that "tree" after the big bump when you try to boost over that passage? Even one time is too much.
This lack of consisteny is the reason why i often lose/lost to the guy who replied to your topic earlier :D
Anyway, i hope you consider my words in your training and that they might come in handy in the future!

Cipher
23rd February 2017, 03:27 AM
This lack of consisteny is the reason why i often lose/lost to the guy who replied to your topic earlier :D

^this guy^ may say that, but when he starts pulling his crazy moves (https://youtube.com/watch?v=q5UeRlv0vlk), he completely leaves me behind in galaxy dust (that's right, galaxy dust, he goes that fast!!)

Haha, but yes, echoin what Raizza said, SL & TTs are a good way to practice, SL for rolls and shortcuts, TTs for concistency, however, i will add, that if you think the speed is still an issue, that zone mode can also be used to practice when it comes to reflexes & track knowledge.

I do not recommend starting with TTs though, they can be excruciatingly frustrating if you don't have that concistency yet, instead use zone mode for a specific track ;)

KazzyMac
23rd February 2017, 10:47 AM
... I legitimately have no idea how he gets those barrel rolls in that video. I can't even understand how. At all.

:/

Revo
24th March 2017, 10:36 PM
How many cheaters are there on the top of HD/Fury time trial leaderboards? (If there are any.) I've always wondered if my place is affected by cheaters or it isn't. Does anybody know anything about it?
I couldn't find a thread about it on its own, and I don't think this question needs it, so I asked it here.

Snakenator1
24th March 2017, 11:16 PM
Just to clarify those people who are at the top of leaderboards with some crazy scores/times are not cheaters (except for the Anulpha pass zones where people used the old exploit, they were cheating). Its just the leaderboards are glitched at the moment and nobody has been around to fix them.

The extent to which this will affect your ranking will vary vastly as some are worse off than others, for example I'll use the Syncopia zone leaderboard. All scores after 75th place are glitched so in this case you would take your current rank and minus 74 (further example my current rank for Syncopia zone is 111th - 74 = 37th place true rank).

Your best bet is to manually scroll through each leaderboard, find the best legitimate score/time, count the glitched ones before it up to rank 1 and then subtract that from yours to find your true rank.

Racingfan
11th April 2017, 11:04 PM
How many cheaters are there on the top of HD/Fury time trial leaderboards? (If there are any.) I've always wondered if my place is affected by cheaters or it isn't. Does anybody know anything about it?
I couldn't find a thread about it on its own, and I don't think this question needs it, so I asked it here.

Only those on some speed lap/ some time trials

however some are glitched like sebenco forward phantom TT in like 40? secs... even if u found a mega shortcut thats just impossible...it might be some very very rare random glitch.

all single races are glitched except syncopia after cross play update i think. same with zone, detonator and multiplayer. i think SL fixed zone/detonator glitches when scores where uploaded in a weird order but they never removed them so detonator and zone will probably be normal in omega collection as they will probably get new leaderboards... but hd/fury single races, mp will prob be glitched again if they dont fix the issue :(

deaddoctor2010
15th May 2017, 12:46 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked already... Regarding the beat zico trophy, every time i try to barrel role off the ramp on to the straight path near the end of the track the ship won't role in time... is it possible for someone to tell me the exact point in which you role?
The Youtube guides don't seem to get through to me... or it dosn't sink in.

Snakenator1
15th May 2017, 06:44 AM
You need to get the ship as far to the right of the track as possible in order to gain the height to barrel roll onto the overpass. Give left air brake a quick press and pitch up, quickly input the BR command and it should land. Some people prefer to do a left side shift to maintain altitude but not everyone does.

It will take a lot of practice to get the trophy, I know it took me 459 laps to achieve (yes I counted every lap)

tug_14
15th May 2017, 10:38 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked already... Regarding the beat zico trophy, every time i try to barrel role off the ramp on to the straight path near the end of the track the ship won't role in time... is it possible for someone to tell me the exact point in which you role?
The Youtube guides don't seem to get through to me... or it dosn't sink in.

Hi , you can perform this trophy with 3 br ... how many br do u do ?
u can get time on the boost br after the first corner with another br on rebound ... work this way to get it very smooth and the last br on ramp end with ss to jump down . Perfect lines and many lap ^^
BR u re taking about is easier in LRL than RLR . don't start it to early

deaddoctor2010
23rd May 2017, 08:06 AM
Think WipEout Fusion will get a HD remaster or dlc in omega?

Racingfan
23rd May 2017, 02:19 PM
HD remaster as a ps2 classic on ps4 yeah its possible but the game has licensed music so they may not license the music all over again :(

Force Ten
23rd May 2017, 03:59 PM
Interesting that Kinetica can get re-released with its licensed music yet nothing after Wipeout 1 can. At least give us Wipeout 3, not everything there is licensed!

deaddoctor2010
3rd June 2017, 10:53 AM
Ok to ask this here?
Anyone got any advice/help for Capital Reach Time Trial A class beat 2:50 (not the trophy event) on 2048?
I can't seem to shave 8 seconds of my lap times

Hellfire_WZ
3rd June 2017, 11:25 AM
That should be asked in the 2048 forum. To answer it though, use the FEISAR Prototype, it absolutely tears Capital Reach apart with all those speed pads

deaddoctor2010
3rd June 2017, 11:28 AM
That should be asked in the 2048 forum. To answer it though, use the FEISAR Prototype, it absolutely tears Capital Reach apart with all those speed pads

Ah ok, thanks, I wasn't sure it was worth starting a thread over. I think my issuse is turning at the right time.

deaddoctor2010
4th June 2017, 02:23 AM
can anyone tell me what the online ranking system was for?
Never played online much before... but dose it unlock anything... or is it one of them things that kinda there to prove you've been online along time?

Racingfan
4th June 2017, 04:27 AM
No the online rank system is just to show how much you have played

it goes from 1 to 101. 101 takes 500-1000 hours

deaddoctor2010
4th June 2017, 06:26 AM
ah... ok. thanks

mannjon
25th June 2017, 10:47 PM
No the online rank system is just to show how much you have played

it goes from 1 to 101. 101 takes 500-1000 hours

Also, just for some additional information, a lot of people assume that rank equivalates to skill. This is not true, because time spent only applies to online time and does not account for hours spent in racebox. A lot of newer pilots see a high rank and assume that a pilot is really good. I've seen low ranked pilots devastate higher ranked pilots. This is a superficial rank aside from knowing how often someone plays online.

crushedlizard
27th June 2017, 04:37 PM
Stupid question, but is there an online scoreboard/global times hosted anywhere?

Racingfan
27th June 2017, 05:12 PM
www.wipeoutrankings.com

mannjon
30th June 2017, 01:01 PM
What is the point of the piranha prototype? Is this useful for anything? As far as I can tell it is just an inferior version of the speed class variant with incredibly hard controls and near impossible to barrel roll in. Is there something I'm missing? Every other prototype had a use.

Racingfan
30th June 2017, 02:18 PM
prototype is a little bit faster than speed version. its the best ship for queens mall A, sol C/B/A altima C/B/A

T-301
6th December 2017, 02:27 PM
I don't know if it's been asked yet, but what is this?

Evidently, it's a Qirex ship, but it's also not the one from HD. It seems to be a fusion of Pure's design with Pulse's design. Is it an early model that was updated later after launch? A scrapped beta model that didn't make it to the final game? A prototype that only managed to show up in promotional screenshots before launch? The motto on the livery says "Extreme Force", which is the FX300 motto. Since HD happens between Pure and Pulse, is it just an early model that didn't make the cut?

multibodydynamics
6th December 2017, 03:13 PM
Invalid attachment. I'm guessing you mean the purple Qirex ship that appears on early photos and videos of Wipeout HD. It is like you wrote a scrapped beta model that didn't make it to the final game.

T-301
6th December 2017, 11:15 PM
Pardon, let me try again.
https://i.imgur.com/qpJncbI.jpg
Yes, it's that Qirex ship screenshot. I'm guessing it's just a scrapped model.

AdHoc
7th December 2017, 03:54 AM
It’s a work in progress screenshot, amongst others that were teased when HD was first announced.

More screenshots:

http://i16.tinypic.com/89irqyc.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/6kk7wyf.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/6pyjbdg.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/71hhno7.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/8e0az3o.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/71x4g9z.jpg
http://i4.tinypic.com/6ntp5pk.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/85k5mia.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/7xydbtw.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/82m99hf.jpg

T-301
7th December 2017, 07:15 PM
Interesting. I wonder why they've never bothered to bring scrapped models back as Concept Ships ala Pulse.

Ace3000
8th December 2017, 07:12 AM
They did, in a way. HD's Icaras ship is the same as Pulse's Icaras Concept. That's about it, though.

EDIT: Wait, no, nevermind, read that incorrectly. I think perhaps they don't put scrapped models in like that cause they don't like the designs of them? As in, the final design is the definitive version of that craft.

AdHoc
9th December 2017, 08:07 AM
It’s much more simple than that: the ships in those screenshots are just work in progress. They evolved later on to become what we know in the final game. There’s not scrapping, just improvements.

pichuscute
16th May 2019, 01:44 AM
I'm just gonna ask this here. I was recently able to softmod my Vita, so I immediately got all available Wipeout games on it. During my searches, I realized that PlayStation Home Arcade had Wipeout 2D on it, a simple top-down racer made by Zico. I'm wondering if any information has been actually documented online anywhere about it, because imo, it's totally a part of the series that shouldn't be forgotten (despite how barebones it is as far as I can tell). So, has anyone else played this and/or are there any threads or wiki posts about it (my google searches haven't given me much beyond a youtube video or two)?

multibodydynamics
16th May 2019, 06:49 PM
I totally agree with you. It is a genuine and original Wipeout! Developed by people on SL. It should be included in the game series as naturally as any other Wipeout title. I also think it actually has a little bit of depth in it. The crafts truly differs in stats and the game changes completely when switching from dynamic to static mode. It made its original apperance on PS Home which is long gone but nowadays it is playable both on a PSVita and with a controller on PSTV. The experience on PSTV is pretty much the same as it was on the PS3. I remember there are some info here on WZ about Wipeout 2D. There were plans on making leaderboards with best lap times but I dont think it ever came to happen. I still play it from time to time. :)

Jonny
21st May 2019, 08:10 PM
Same here. It's of course no big title, but it is a forgotten entry