PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 'point' to online?

jweaver
26th September 2008, 09:05 AM
One thing which is apparantly missing from online is some kind of 'rank' or "score"...

What actually is the "point" of the on-line mode? Obviously the 'point' is to play against other humans, but is there any structure to this?

Do you actually get anything for winning? Even Motorstorm (which I feel has a very basic online mode) has the concept of 'fame'...

The problem with WipeOut will be that there doesn't appear to be any way of filtering out rookies, from experts.. And there is no way of knowing who you are racing against.

Is there anything I am missing?

Jon

FishDK
26th September 2008, 09:22 AM
I got some trophy for playing online. Don't know what that was for but I welcomed it :)

I am also missing some sort of system, but it doesn't seem like the WO team has put much detail into the stats. I guess the only way to know if you are racing someone good is to find them here and add them to your friends list and filter friends only races.

flashbax
26th September 2008, 09:32 AM
To race agains friends and other PS3 wipeout fan's and win em all!!!! That alone for hardcore fans who know the other racer is just as hardcore and as fast, to beat them is what its all about....