PDA

View Full Version : Sveta's Tigron is nerfed.

RJ O'Connell
24th September 2008, 09:55 PM
I got bored yesterday and decided to do a mock qualifying session in Time Trial mode using all 16 ships on Mandrashee I at 0% upgrade level.

Jann Shlaudecker took pole position with a 32.25, but I was surprised to find out Kirovoski clocked in at just 34.75 - over a full second behind Omarr who did a 33.3. This wasn't the first time I noticed this - I did a similar test at Florion Heights I a month ago and yet again, Sveta was towards the bottom of the list in terms of whose ship went the fastest, well off Omarr's time.

Even if the second pilot ships are, in theory, supposed to be a little off the mark from their teammates, being a full second or two off the pace of your teammate and in the territory of FEISAR and Van-Uber is a bit...well, it's something I'll have to look into further - maybe there's a PAL player who could experiment with this and confirm it?

Something else I learned too - G-Tech are actually pretty damn fast on the easier tracks, doesn't excuse their ugly designs and they're miles behind AG Systems though :g

eLhabib
24th September 2008, 10:27 PM
so, you were bored, right... ;)

RJ O'Connell
24th September 2008, 10:49 PM
I must tell you, though, boredom is how I discovered the power of Auricom in WO1. ;)

mdhay
25th September 2008, 06:03 AM
Yes RJ g-tech is fast... for a T - mobild advert;)

AG-wolf
27th September 2008, 04:20 AM
I must tell you, though, boredom is how I discovered the power of Auricom in WO1. ;)

Auri in WO1 is awesome.

Also, Fusion is fun if you can tolerate its quirks... I wanna sit and get into it more once I have time and the attention-span. I always used Auricom and Piranha when I played Fusion, but only because I recognized their names... but I remember when I Was at Al's in April, I tried a few of the other ships and a couple of them were GREAT. One of the ones I liked had these weird airbrakes that lifted up with the hinge toward the tail of the ship... I need to play it again to remember who it was :P

RJ O'Connell
27th September 2008, 08:02 PM
I'll do some more "TT sessions" this weekend and see what I come up with.

(BTW, I'm not wall-riding when goign around corners, yes it's faster but Van-Uber and Piranha can't take it. :g)

AG-wolf
5th October 2008, 04:12 PM
? wall riding? What do you mean?

Task
5th October 2008, 04:35 PM
In Fusion, it's faster to scrape the outside wall around the turn than to airbrake the turn "properly".
One of the many reasons we don't care much about Fusion lap time or race time records. 8 )