PDA

View Full Version : HD Online Meetings

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

reach-big7
5th February 2009, 09:23 PM
Thank you races:D
All races were very tight!! but I had a lot of fun:)
see you on the track!

guillaume
6th February 2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you Luxoflux for some really funny races :g
To anyone in need of the AG Assassin trophy, no need to cheat!
Just set up races with Luxoflux, he'll be utterly pleased to help you achieve your goal ;)

Luxoflux
6th February 2009, 05:03 PM
Haha, I must admit that I blow up way more often when im racing with guillaume. My icaras just couldent handle al the quakes he was trowing at me ;) Altough wall scraping was a large factor to ;)

silverfoxy
7th February 2009, 04:17 PM
Had some good races this afternoon but annoyingly someone came to the door halfway through a tournament to do a survey for the Police. Being the polite person I am felt obliged to do it and it took a good few minutes.

Apologies to Danterich and anyone else who was crashing into me at the start, I understand how annoying that is especially with high thrust crafts.

I was also trying to play and keep half an eye on the football game I was watching on the net. Not possible to do. At least we won though ;)

LOUDandPROUD
8th February 2009, 12:23 AM
Well, I finally got to run with a group of the big boys on Phantom today. Boy, was I ever overmatched. Asayyeah hosted and we did single races, as well as a bunch of tourneys. Soccermums, OLOuk, Zoth-Ommog, insertcoin and a couple of others I can't recall all participated. I played against them for an hour or so and, umm, it didn't go well...lol. Let's just say that I've earned the nickname LASTandPROUD that Asayyeah has assigned to me. :lol Thanks to all who participated...it was fun...even if I do suck on Phantom. Maybe if I practice more, I'll get better...maybe. :P

Darkdrium777
8th February 2009, 03:18 AM
Not maybe, fo' sure :D

xtriko
8th February 2009, 09:16 AM
Practice is the key word for success :) go for it LOUDandPROUD!

stin
8th February 2009, 03:11 PM
Played with GT3x24x7, MarkVIII and other guys...

From parking space:lol to Rapier!:banzai

Did videoed it today and still uploading but looks like I have to do again.

More to come;)

stevie:)

GT3x24x7
8th February 2009, 04:22 PM
Haha yeah was a great session, starting to feel right at home in Rapier. And hey, gotta give Venom some love now and then huh? :D

KGB
8th February 2009, 06:13 PM
Had a good afternoon racing today.

First a really close tournament with the Japanese contingent: hn9345, ossama, rerealm and regate-nikoras. very close and very laggy.

Second, i had the pleasure of racing Nyctalopian and oolproo in another great match.

Also sorry to SaturnReturn and Yeldar2097 for leaving so quickly.
A small family crisis which has now been cleaned :blarg

IH8YOU
8th February 2009, 10:07 PM
I think I crossed Yeldar2097 today - and my connection was TERRIBLE. Made me so sad to sacrifice such a good racing opportunity.

Boo lag.

MarkXIII
8th February 2009, 10:23 PM
Played with GT3x24x7, MarkVIII and other guys...

After so many bad races I deserve to be demoted from XIII to VIII :lol

guillaume
8th February 2009, 11:11 PM
Awesome racing night tonight! I borrowed the PS3 from work today, and spent most of the evening playing HD.
Oh the joy of playing at home!! :g A cigarette and a glass of wine next to the sixaxis, to let the tension go once in a while :)
Played with SaturnReturn (thx for hosting these killer tourneys!!), Soccermums, Luxoflux, Chaos80, Andybob35, TarquinFarquar, Tordmulen, Alejess, silverfox073, z1r0rei, Feisar31, ... and sorry about the many others I can't remember right now. Thanks everyone!!
See you all on monday evening I hope (after that, maybe I should return the PS3 back at work... :))

Yours truly, wzFro. :g

yeldar2097
9th February 2009, 12:35 AM
yeah i was sorry not to have raced you more ih8you. there's always a next time
great races today with some great racers so thanks to all of you
sorry to have cut loose so soon, i had to go back early due to perilous conditions on the roads.
it's a shame really, i was beginning to feel right at home in my little (big) qirex.

AnErare
10th February 2009, 07:08 AM
Ah guillaume, you've certainly forgotten a few ;) I've been on yesterday as well for e few races, some pretty very fast ones!

I'm a bit stunned about the racing tactics of a lot of pilots though, it's like a warzone out there.. Lots of shoveling and tossing around, I'll need to find ways of dealing with that asap :P Like right now :)

See ya!

Constrictor
10th February 2009, 07:23 AM
Think we met yesterday for a few nice races. I got the same impression. Also, for the last days I got slaughtered multiple times. I could not remember being shot to pieces this often - never, NEVER! As I prefer contactless driving in real life my abilities to adjust to heavy contact racing in WOHD needs to get improved, I think. Will this help in getting out of this mess?

guillaume
10th February 2009, 07:26 AM
Ah guillaume, you've certainly forgotten a few ;)

Sorry about that! We indeed had some good races, and with Constrictor4U too!
Yeah there's a lot of bashing, but between sunday and yesterday nights, I didn't feel it as intentional (or maybe just sometimes). Still it's pretty annoying...

AnErare
10th February 2009, 02:42 PM
I will not go into rant mode but the war driven racing I find pretty annoying to say the least...

The simple way of avoiding such pilots would be to turbo or br away and stay away but sadly the new and improved quake meddles with that :)

On the positive side I've only had 26 hours on HD so utter speed could be the answer ;)

guillaume
10th February 2009, 05:41 PM
I played against the elite AI today and it really felt like online with 8 contenders.
So I'm not sure the mess is only due to how pilots fly, the physics engine may also be responsible in some way. Like how a ship can push you from behind and in half a second make you face the wall on one side (sorry if this is bad worded...). If you add the sticky walls and the massive amount of damage you get from both walls and ships, it indeed gets pretty annoying (and makes pilot assist feel like some kind of patch instead of a feature, on a side note...)

AnErare
11th February 2009, 11:13 AM
Ah yes the AI, they often try to nose you out of their way like you weren't even there, but that is pretty easily overcome by countersteering :) I've not seen them try to shovel you off the track or into walls which some more human 'pilots' are doing.. Maybe shifting in return and nosing them into the gutter remedies this ;)

guillaume
11th February 2009, 12:07 PM
To sum up how I feel about this, I'd say there are three factors: physics engine, lag, and bullies :g

Totally different thing: I forgot to brag about eliminating Wellington86 on sebenco reverse. :D One long rocket shot at the end of the 'little turns' before it goes down and left, at the beginning of the track. I was just getting out of these chicanes, fired the rockets, and one of them reached Wellington when he was about to pass over the bonus pad. AG Assassin unlocked right there!
So... Thanks mate! :g

Mad-Ice
12th February 2009, 04:50 PM
I will be online in a few minutes. See you all there!

Wauw those were very good tours with: SaturnReturn, Olouk, oolpro, Wellington, Greenix, Elois3, reachbig7, oeps I forgot who else, sorry!
The last tours were too tough, no getting through for me. 3 quakes and a bomb in the first lap kind of things. Well it was fun anyway.

guillaume
13th February 2009, 10:11 AM
Fiasco from yesterday: I set up a 12-race tournament and brought people in, only to have the PS3 freeze on me at the end of the first race. Which I had won! :)

So I'm gonna try again today, around 1PM GMT+1. Please join if you're interested in racing/getting the trophy if you haven't already, but only join if you have the time/will to do the whole tournament, and are at ease with phantom speed. Blackwiggle told me only 4 people finished the one from yesterday...
Btw, MarkXIII, there's no way you're gonna quit WipEout-best-game-ever(tm) because of this tourney! (more on that later ;))

Hope to have a full room in about one hour from now! (friends only, host wzFro, feel free to send friend requests)

EDIT: oops, operation cancelled, busy lunch break. Back on monday I guess!

xtriko
13th February 2009, 01:17 PM
Just made a few really hot races with osama-bin-haydn, soccermums and oolproo. as always, osama showed us some pain XD

OBH
13th February 2009, 01:46 PM
haha. some great stuff. nicked a few extra wins at the death, and had a race entirely of bomb dodging corner, after corner on metropia :) cheers guys. Plus a great plasma shot on yourself from soccermums.

Some great 1on1s earlier in the day with djKyoto too... we should do that again! :)

xtriko
13th February 2009, 02:20 PM
so the plasma was soccermums... I shall remember that XD lol I got a turbo when i eared "Plasma" the moment I absorved it, i was hitted by that nasty plasma... result from 1st to 3rd with 3% shield XD I have to ask my wife again to film these races ;)

Soccermom
13th February 2009, 02:55 PM
:banzai

That was a rather golden plasma down the long side on Ubermall reverse :)

... those were some good races, and you are right... Haydn did show us a lot of pain ...

lunar
14th February 2009, 12:54 PM
thanks to everyone I raced with on the last couple of nights, and sorry to whoever sent me a PSN message after I went offline last night - it was deleted by a child before I could I read it so I can`t reply!

@ alterego - either I have got slower or you have been practising, Team Italy is looking strong ;)

stin
15th February 2009, 07:25 AM
I`m on online now, who wants to play with me?.

guillaume
16th February 2009, 10:13 AM
It's Monday now, and lunch break is on its way! :)
Hosting a 12-race phantom tournament at around 1PM GMT+1 (about an hour from now).
Please join, details are a few posts before this one.
See you on the tracks!

EDIT: Tourney over, thanks everyone: Aka-Sho, imre92, JJPAP, Luxoflux, oolproo, Wotan998 & Zoth-Ommog!
I didn't do so well but the races were fun and intense anyway. Trophy earned as a side bonus!

JJPAP
16th February 2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, great fun. Some really close races, where there wasn´t room for any mistakes. See you.

MarkXIII
17th February 2009, 02:08 PM
Btw, MarkXIII, there's no way you're gonna quit WipEout-best-game-ever(tm) because of this tourney!

Well, I scored my 50th online kill the other day, so I'm going ignore online racing for a while and concentrate on the last few cells of the Elite Campaign.

Greenix
17th February 2009, 03:37 PM
Just had one hell of a session with Yeldar, OLOuk, KGB, Peh-Hok, BlackReign. Mad-Ice, Golgofier and a few others i just cant remember right now (sorry).
The adrenaline really was pumping especially in that last tournament I was in where Yeldar had a really unlucky last race (thanks KGB :D ) and I stole the victory by 1 point...
Excellent stuff guys, that made my day! :beer

OLOuk
17th February 2009, 03:49 PM
GREAT races, GREAT pilots, PERFECT tuesday afternoon! Cheers Guys!

Mad-Ice
17th February 2009, 05:11 PM
Indeed, superb all the way guys! At first it was so tough to get through with the Icaras, but when I switched to Goteki45 again, everything changed! :banzai

yeldar2097
17th February 2009, 05:24 PM
i'm gonna get kgb for that.
quake, missile, mines, boom: story of my life....
good session all the same (your fish still isn't cool though greenix)

MR-RICO84
17th February 2009, 09:04 PM
Come on folks redstar1993 hosting now. Help a fellow wiper out even if you have the trophy! % more racers needed. Send friend invite to redstar1993 and see you online!:banzai

Feisar Ltd.
17th February 2009, 09:33 PM
Hey guys, anyone who wants to race for bling brigade (or just help... please), get your asses online now! we have 4/8 players already

yeldar2097
18th February 2009, 02:40 AM
just finished an epic day of HD, carrying on from the session greenix mentioned earlier.
thanks to all those who partook in my experience, you're almost certainly in my vids:)

Darkdrium777
18th February 2009, 07:57 PM
My PS3 froze, sorry guys. :/

Good races with acrooklyn, yeldar, Constrictor4U, TarotCardKiller, SaturnReturn, JJPAP (Is that how it is?) and others I can't remember. ;)

EDIT: So that's why I couldn't find this thread, it's in the Pilot's Lounge... :? WTF

LOUDandPROUD
19th February 2009, 12:05 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Yeldar for hosting some fun races earlier. Other participants were TarotCardKiller, drMannevond, Z1rOrEi, acrooklyn, Toastor and subtotal. As my title indicates, this particular round of races were special for me, as they produced my very first victory on Phantom...and against some elite pilots! :rock It was only on Metropia forward, which I know isn't a difficult track, but still! Oh, and I was even able to snap a photo of the results as proof (also to print and frame haha), using my camera phone, which I've attached below...lol.

In addition, shortly before the online races I just spoke of, I finally got GOLD on Chengou Phantom Elite within Stage 8 of the campaign! What a day! :hyper

eLhabib
20th February 2009, 05:08 PM
Man does it feel good to be back online! Had a couple of ace races today with Greenix, DrMannevond, Yeldar, reach_big, oolproo, and some others I don't remember (sorry :paperbag).

Yeah, I definitely need some practice again (haven't played for over a month!), but the fire is definitely still burning ;)

Greenix
20th February 2009, 05:12 PM
That was great fun! :hyper
Great to race you again eL, I've missed our races for soo long :( But now we can blow the crap out of each other all over again :D
Welcome back to the tracks bud

reach-big7
20th February 2009, 06:50 PM
Thank you great races :D
see you on the track soon!

Asayyeah
20th February 2009, 07:38 PM
Stevie and I shall be online tonight, we will race under Stevie's account i think so, cause i haven't brought my ps3 with me in Scotland.
Or maybe creating a new account on his ps3 but exchanging accounts in between online races is simply not possible ( or not easy at all).
Looking forward to race you, pilots, under the Scottish flag :P

Mad-Ice
20th February 2009, 09:07 PM
Have fun guys! Unfortunately I will not be there. I had a few races online which were really good. Especially with Soccermoms, every tour it was 1 point difference. What a fun we had. But a strange thing online the last weapon pad on Moa reverse did not work and the last weapon pad before the last tunnel in Vineta K has disappeared. Huh?

Okay, enjoy the time together Stevie and Arnaud, I know you will. Cheers, thumbs up for Stella.

alterego
20th February 2009, 09:41 PM
hi all.
i want to tnx all my mates for the fun we have togheter during this evening in a long single race tour ;)

may the velocity be with you!

read you soon
cdrom

yeldar2097
21st February 2009, 02:17 AM
had a couple of awesome tournaments hosted by epsilon, pure carnage!!
several times i ended up facing the wrong way, greenix's harimau was bullying me, it was epic.
thanks to everyone who participated :) got MORE vids to show you (pushing 120)

Asayyeah
21st February 2009, 02:49 AM
Btw if you meet online someone called Scot-asa during this Scottish weekend that would be me ;), i dont remember my password of personal account so i needed to create one new at Stevie's place in order not to boggus his online stats.
Watch out guys, don't trust Scot-asa's trophies i can be dangerous :P

Darkdrium777
21st February 2009, 03:10 AM
i dont remember my password of personal accountWhich is something you need to get sorted IMMEDIATELY. I can't stress this enough.
If you don't remember your password, you should initiate password recovery at once. It's essential for any login details, but for PSN it is primordial as it has your credit card and purchases on it! If you lose your account you're screwed and have to buy everything all over again.

xtriko
21st February 2009, 03:27 AM
for the last 2 days I only played completely drunk... can anyone tell me if i did something good? I don't remember the players that I played with or the results XD I think that I played with Danterich... not sure XD

Mad-Ice
21st February 2009, 10:40 AM
Lol at Xtriko! Don't you remember? You lost every race and came in 10 sec. after everyone had already finished.:lol

I will be hosting for the Flying Dutchmen in about half an hour. So please guys only join if you are a member of the team.

JJPAP
21st February 2009, 10:51 AM
So please guys only join if you are a member of the team.

Come on, Team Nordic-wipers: Let´s spoil The Dutchmen´s preparations! :D (couldn´t help myself, sorry :paperbag).

To Mad-Ice and the rest of The Flying Dutchmen: Have fun this afternoon :+ - tomorrow it´ll be quite another story.

xtriko
21st February 2009, 01:23 PM
LOL at Mad-Ice! I don't remember that lololol. was I racing that bad? XD ahaha sorry if i was an useless pilot ahaha I'll try to stay off the tracks next time ;)

djKyoto
21st February 2009, 01:35 PM
I will be hosting for the Flying Dutchmen in about half an hour. So please guys only join if you are a member of the team.

Woops. :paperbag

SaturnReturn
21st February 2009, 01:46 PM
Woops. :paperbag
HAHAHA. I literally laughed out loud when I saw that post. Brilliant!

Mad-Ice
21st February 2009, 02:08 PM
Yup, that was so funny! Doesn't really matter. It was only for the last tour and you made sure the other Dutchies got less points, lol.

Result are in the Arena of our first Flying Dutchmen qualifier.

At Xtriko: I wasn't even racing you, but I can always make a little fun outta ya!

xtriko
21st February 2009, 02:57 PM
aaaaahhhhh! Mad-Ice! XD I'm trying to remember and you are doing even worse! great friend you are!! ahaha

Danterich
21st February 2009, 04:18 PM
@xtriko: Yes, i remember some races these days. You weren´t that bad;) In fact you won some, You drunk, and i´m sick(cold). One sneeze and crash off the tracks LOL.

stin
21st February 2009, 04:21 PM
Zoth and Wotan!!!!!!!!!, unbelievable close race between us!:eek

So much tension today!

But I also played Pulse this morning at 7am!:blarg

I must be aaaaaaddicted!

xtriko
21st February 2009, 04:35 PM
Danterich, what? I won some? lol who else was playing? maybe I'll join the rooms in a few hours ;)

Zoth-Ommog
21st February 2009, 04:54 PM
Zoth and Wotan!!!!!!!!!, unbelievable close race between us!:eek

So much tension today!

But I also played Pulse this morning at 7am!:blarg

I must be aaaaaaddicted!

Yeah that was nice 1.

Everyone here is addicted, it's just a matter of how much ;)

Asayyeah
22nd February 2009, 12:41 PM
Got a real cool evening yesterday, starting with Pulse and ended by HD , drunk ( but not pissed as a fart like Scottish says ;)) Those last old Rum were destroying the rest of my ability to drive correctly my ship but what a laugh with Stevie! Thx to all the pilots i raced under my Scot-asa nickname.
I did remember a guy called DarkPegasus from usa flag who was absolutely a skilled pilot : he is really fast !

I am back in France only on Tuesday early morning so we shall be able to play online tonight as well ( bottle of Rum is not finished yet :P)

yeldar2097
22nd February 2009, 12:55 PM
yeah i've raced dark-pegasus a bit this week, he's definately a fast one.
i sent him a message on psn but he didn't reply :( can't win them all...
thanks for numerous awesome sessions this week people, its been a blast: i transcended, and i won 2 EPSILON tournaments.
you all made my week :)

crawdad62
22nd February 2009, 10:47 PM
I had a strange encounter with blackwiggle last night. I was in a room with 7 other players and it was really close racing. I got overly excited and knocked over my martini and it landed on my iPhone. Here I am in the middle of a race and my poor iPhone is swimming in gin. I ended up just abandoning the race (didn't quite per se). When I was cleaning everything up and making sure the phone still worked (it did BTW:+) I looked up and there was blackwiggle waiting in the room.

I ended up starting the race with only the two of us and just wanted the thing over with so I didn't leave him in the room and I could quit somewhat gracefully and get back to checking out my phone.

So blackwiggle if you see this that's why I started the race and left directly after it.

Asayyeah
22nd February 2009, 10:50 PM
Fully off-topic :paperbag but do you have a custom wipeout theme for your i-phone? i am dying to find one !

crawdad62
22nd February 2009, 10:53 PM
No I haven't and I did look around. If you happen to find a theme let me know.

Avenger2197
23rd February 2009, 03:34 AM
I had a couple of good races with superpj, firedshot, crawdad, and silverfox the other day. Good times!:g

@silverfox: my apologies for that elimination. Maybe you'll destroy me next time.

Race you soon.

Darkdrium777
23rd February 2009, 11:27 PM
Hi LOUDandPROUD :) Good stuff, there weren't many players so it was not lagging too much for me (For once thank God). ;) No I didn't lock you with the missile, I wanted the other guy in front. I was nice to you because you had difficulty :+ Keep it up, you're pretty good. :)
Tordmulen, that last one on Sol2 Rev of the first tourney was tight ^^

Hi R3BU5ER, Feisar31, jonadon as well, good races all :)

blackwiggle
24th February 2009, 12:26 AM
Martini's and iphones :lol

Reminds me when I was playing online,I dropped a drink in my lap and had to finish the race while it soaked me through [you can tell where my priorities where,finish race,change pants later]:lol

Another time I had been eating peanuts,greasy little things,I got in a tournament and nearly every time I went to do a BR my controller would fly out of my hands about 1 m in front of me,I couldn't give up the tournament even though the peanut grease was spreading even more over the controller and I was slamming into walls.:brickwall

KIGO would of heard a few new swear words he could of added to his already comprehensive list.:redface:

LOUDandPROUD
24th February 2009, 02:36 AM
@ Darkdrium777 - Haha thanks for the encouragement. I was pretty terrible out there. You are far better than me...Tordmulen too, though not by quite as much. Hope to see you both on the track again soon, as that was fun. I will continue to practice and hopefully improve. :)

kanar
24th February 2009, 08:17 AM
-sorry to bother you guys with that, this is not a classic online meeting announcement...-

I had a teaser idea based on the NZ Haka. We made some tests yesterday with some friends, it sounds well... promising, but I need to prepare that a little more. As I can't go online through my kanar ID, I'll run a "teaser host" through my kanar_is_back ID during the week. If you want to join, just add me as a friend & stop at the first sebenco turn (large turn). You just have to pose like in the attached pic (don't move too much/careful with the wrong way, cos' of transparancy), & I'll make a large shooting with my cam, in order to finally mix the vid with the haka video. I'll try to run my mic too. I'll make several shots during the week (probably during the night), in order to have a lot of pilots, so you'll just have to join if you see kanar_is_back online. Hope you could jump in!

eLhabib
24th February 2009, 08:20 AM
Sweet idea! Could get really tricky with people getting transparent as they stop, but I'll definitely look out for you when I'm online! :D

Darkdrium777
24th February 2009, 08:22 AM
Lag won't be an issue in this case, I'm up for it! :D

lunar
24th February 2009, 08:28 AM
:lol Mad idea, I will brush my hair and pose for you if I see you online. I will not choose Goteki`s questionable 2nd skin either.

kanar
24th February 2009, 08:29 AM
lol yeah, it's really tricky. Transparancy is the ennemy n°1, I'll try to avoid it, but if we can't, I'll shot your ghost ships anyway lol. thx a lot for your feedback guys!

ok I'll do that this saturday!

Darkdrium777
25th February 2009, 03:40 AM
Good races with REDALRT, rororhead, bambobanga, boo4ever, TheShade666, WEBSLINGER419, rep954, ma_yuffie.

All on the North American continent, so no lag! Wohoo :) Voice chat was semi-working too xD

And the PS3 froze, damn look back bug. >.< FFFFFFF---

Zoth-Ommog
25th February 2009, 01:19 PM
Just had bunch of close and not so close, but very intense and fun races with oolproo, Haydn, OLOuk, Hisho-JP and some others which i can't remember. Thanks to everyone, and see you around!

OBH
25th February 2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah man. Always a pleasure :g

SaturnReturn
25th February 2009, 08:59 PM
After having insane amounts of fun playing in a team game against the Nordics I am intending to play team games more often. But I can't be bothered to arrange them frequently so....

This weekend, if you see me hosting then it will be friends only with the intention that it will be a team game. Anyone on my friends list can join me. If you would like to play but are not on my list then just add me. The plan is this: I will try to only start when there are a good few people in the game and numbers are even. Players should note which half of the list they are in at the lobby menu. The other players in your half will be your team mates, e.g.:

SaturnReturn
Yeldar2097
Luxoflux
AnErare

In the above case, Yeldar and I would be team A and Luxoflux and AnErare team B. If there are 6 players in the game, then it will be 2 teams of 3, 8 players and it's 2 teams of 4 - always 2 teams. Players should send me a message with the title "Team game" and no message body. This way I'll know who I have to send a message to let them know what's happening in case they haven't seen this message.

So yeah, pretty simple. I hope some of you can join me if you're not too busy posing with kanar. I'm likely to be online in the afternoons.

Cheers.

boo4ever
25th February 2009, 09:38 PM
Good races with REDALRT, rororhead, bambobanga, boo4ever, TheShade666, WEBSLINGER419, rep954, ma_yuffie.

All on the North American continent, so no lag! Wohoo :) Voice chat was semi-working too xD

And the PS3 froze, damn look back bug. >.< FFFFFFF---

Sorry, Darkdrium777. The only way I could beat you was to get a weapons lock with a freeze ray. :lol

Danterich
26th February 2009, 08:56 AM
I did remember a guy called DarkPegasus from usa flag who was absolutely a skilled pilot : he is really fast !

I befriended him last night. We´ll see if he "has the guts" to show up here ;)
AND i had lots of great races with several zoners 2nite ! CHEEERS:beer:rock

LOUDandPROUD
26th February 2009, 01:00 PM
Yup! I was one of them! Good times! :)

Soccermom
26th February 2009, 02:32 PM
Have fun guys! Unfortunately I will not be there. I had a few races online which were really good. Especially with Soccermoms, every tour it was 1 point difference. What a fun we had. But a strange thing online the last weapon pad on Moa reverse did not work and the last weapon pad before the last tunnel in Vineta K has disappeared. Huh?

Found this thread again :paperbag

Yeah, that was some great tourneys, we have to do that again... :banzai
So much fun when it is close like that.

Mad-Ice
26th February 2009, 05:21 PM
Yes, that is what it is all about! Close racing with winning and losing in the last moment. :banzai

Zoth-Ommog
26th February 2009, 05:38 PM
Indeed, i had that kind of session with Eloï and OLOuk, many wins and loses just before finishline. thanks guys!

CaptainWipeout
27th February 2009, 06:04 AM
Had some great races last night on Rapier with infinitum, gui omega et al - it was a battle ground and laugh out loud hilarious at the way everybody was getting eliminated - including myself.

Had other races with Mister Mateo - this man is untouchable and I haven't got a Scooby Doo how he does it. He pilots Mirage and in straight line speed it's faster than my Icarus?????? I have NO idea how he is consistently so fast.

LOUDandPROUD
27th February 2009, 01:12 PM
It's called LAG... :P

CaptainWipeout
27th February 2009, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah --------- Duhr!!! I am a member of the thick Irish community you know.

LOUDandPROUD
27th February 2009, 05:09 PM
Well, I was kind of kidding lol. Maybe he was really that fast. But, as a Mirage pilot myself (albeit not a great one), I found it hard to believe that he could be that fast...hence, my lag comment. On that note, it probably was lag...lol. :P

CaptainWipeout
27th February 2009, 08:42 PM
Great race tonight with Chiryu007 and TearsToShreds. Chiryu joined us in one of our tournaments and TearsToShreds must have got suddenly warmed up or something cause he whipped Mr. Chiryus rear end good and proper............until TearsToShreds Playstation froze and then Chiryu beat me in a 12 race tournament by two points.

Very hard luck TearsToShreds - where did all that come from - you were on fire tonight lad.

LoudandProud - I understood what you meant coughbullcoughsh**cough

TearsToShreds
27th February 2009, 09:19 PM
Just been practicing a lot, really. Man it really pisses me off when the PS3 freezes like that. Happened two more times afterwards. Also, I really don't like Weapons On races, especially with 8 players in the field. Everyone's ramming and quaking and if you don't get a good lead right away you're toast.

CaptainWipeout
27th February 2009, 09:39 PM
I love it - it's a right hoot when everything goes nuts - even if I do come last.................. although I hate Phantom as it just gets annoying when you re-spawn 5 times in a race. I mean, the hardcore crew like Yeldar and all love it but I prefer the slightly more sedate pace of Rapier. I'm nearly 39 you know:dizzy and a bit :turd at the old :hyper Phantom. Come to think of it - I'll be dead soon.

TearsToShreds
27th February 2009, 09:45 PM
Exactly. I myself prefer Rapier online, Phantom offline (in SL and TT), unless I'm racing one on one with someone. :)

Oh, and 39? Seems like Wipeout attracts a lot of older gamers. I myself am 21 so I'm probably one of the younger ones, though. :)

yeldar2097
27th February 2009, 10:22 PM
haha, glad i'm counted as being one of the hardcore racers. :+ i'll take it as a compliment :)

anyway, i'm not hardcore, i just can't adapt. every race i do that isn't phantom loses me at least 2 seconds when i go back to phantom.

i think i know what tearstoshreds' secret is: he's a flying dutchman, of course he's fast! ;)

Eloï
27th February 2009, 10:54 PM
"Also, I really don't like Weapons On races, especially with 8 players in the field."

Sometimes, you're forced to love it:

- When, on Sebenco Climb Reverse, you start first, get a bomb on the first pad. Launch it in the first chicane, and hear that wonderful and instant "BAM" just behind... Race is quiet after this...

- When, on Sol 2, you start last, you get a quake on the first pad. Just launch it, and look as they all fly in the sky...

These are particulary good weapons-on moments... I wish we could get a mode making powerful weapons more often available, like in Mario Kart. 5 quakes in a race, mhhh...

blackwiggle
27th February 2009, 11:35 PM
I was racing yesterday [chengohu reverse] and missed the start badly as I was messaging someone,but I then picked up 3 quakes in a row.

I must of eliminated the entire field as there was multiple red elimination alerts popping up after the 2nd quake, and just as many after the 3rd.

I couldn't stop laughing.:lol

Mateo
28th February 2009, 12:16 AM
Had other races with Mister Mateo - this man is untouchable and I haven't got a Scooby Doo how he does it. He pilots Mirage and in straight line speed it's faster than my Icarus?????? I have NO idea how he is consistently so fast.

the trick on a straight is to don't adjust the direction. as you can see on yeldars speed and thrust analyses there is just a tiny difference between the top speeds, so getting immediately the perfect line on a straight and stop steering and adjusting is very important. i wish i could do that on phantom too :lol

and i guess you just met me on my "uber-day" this week, when i got for about an hour in every (and i mean EVERY) race i joined 4 or 5 turbos and broke a couple PBs. :g

@connection: i do have sometimes connection problem, especially in the afternoon, but it doesn' makes me faster, it's the opposite, it even forces you to quit: the start lags and i start 2-3 seconds behind everyone else. also everybody is zigzagging through the air (and i guess i'm zigzagging the same way on their screens), i never know on which rank i am at the moment and the weapon pads don't work. if i get something, i get it 3-5 seconds after passing the pad, but mostly i don't get anything. also the items love to disappear when activating them. so lag definitely don't makes you faster. :lol

yeldar2097
28th February 2009, 12:25 AM
as you can see on yeldars speed and thrust analyses

haha, i wish i had the patience to do that. i think you mean darkdrium777 ;)
what you say is correct though, if you need to move, use the sideshift

KGB
28th February 2009, 12:54 AM
Just to say thanks to everyone i raced tonig.........CONTENDER ELIMINATED!

Not ****ing again!!!!!!!

Mateo
28th February 2009, 01:04 AM
oh sorry darkdrium, i didn't want to link this huge amount of work to the wrong person, i just messed up with the names. :paperbag

eLhabib
28th February 2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks to everyone I raced tonoght (sorry, can't remember all the names :paperbag). Also, I got to meet my fellow Austrian pilot Mateo online today for the first time, and man, he is fast! Looks like we can get a serious austrian team going here, together with Danterich. All we need is one more, and we're set for a 4on4 nation grudge-match ;)

Darkdrium777
28th February 2009, 07:04 AM
I've got a question though, how come this is still in the pilot's lounge and not in the WipEout HD section?

KIGO1987
28th February 2009, 12:03 PM
Great races with Alterego earlier today. Good to see Melbourner Guggle on the tracks too. Icarus is a great ship for random BRing.

Mad-Ice
1st March 2009, 05:59 PM
I will be online in a few minutes. See you there!

yeldar2097
1st March 2009, 09:40 PM
well today nearly made me stop playing wipeout forever. i nearly deleted it i was that angry.
it was dire beyond all belief.

but then...

i decided to come back online after killing lots of stuff in KZ2 and had an awesome time with elois-13 especially.
wipeout, I'M BACK FOR GOOD! :D

Asayyeah
5th March 2009, 10:16 AM
Elois is a very skilled french pilot, i had pleasure to race few tours with him, we were neck to neck all the time racing, plus he is very polite and a member from here :+

I am back in le Havre today so I shall be online tonight around 8/9 GMT :)

Zoth-Ommog
7th March 2009, 10:11 AM
Had great races with oolproo today, also Blackwiggle popped up to have couple of races. Good times guys, i was even able to break couple of my personal best's. See you again mates!

guillaume
10th March 2009, 12:59 PM
Just finished a very intense session with oolproo and Zoth-Ommog, thanks guys!
I usually can't help myself from doing at least one stupid mistake in a race, but apart from that, it was a blast!

Seraph
10th March 2009, 03:03 PM
Hello to all HD wipers! I've got my hands on that one too so I will be seeing you online soon ;)

KIGO1987
10th March 2009, 04:08 PM
Great online get together of a series of racers around the world:

Nadia Elenova
KGB
Benbogog/Lunar
reach-big7
AnErare

Kinda like a mini, UN get together. Englishmen, Japanese, Russian/spainish... im not sure, Dutch, and Australian. Not very often you get a congrigation of pilots like this online, minus terrible lag.

lunar
10th March 2009, 05:17 PM
Yes it was a great gathering against some great pilots and all in good spirit. Sorry I couldn`t stay longer ("working from home") but I hope to be online a bit more these days.

btw had a first few races against Elois who put up some nuts times, well done to another fast Frenchman. :beer

Eloï
10th March 2009, 05:40 PM
lunar :p I remember you, good races yeah. Got 5 turbos on ubermall, felt guilty with so much luck ( 3rd world record :rock )

Of course this doesn't happen enough, sadly :g

lunar
10th March 2009, 05:43 PM
Don`t feel guilty..... even if you get 5 turbos you`ve got know how to use them, and with that much boost I would probably end up in a flower pot or parked on the balcony of someone`s apartment :paperbag Yes your Ubermall time made me :dizzy Great job. :)

AnErare
14th March 2009, 01:32 AM
Damn!

Came home from work 2 hours ago and had some real trouble getting online.. After a few zone sessions I've finally managed to get there only to stumble upon kgb hosting with SaturnReturn, chaos80, Mad-Ice, OLOuk, subtotal and Danterich in there! Wicked!

Didn't do well, only on AP rev making it 2nd with 6 hundreds of a second past OLO :P My energy management skills are far too lacking for Icaras really ;p Loved all of it anyway!

Makes my day entirely :D Thanks guys.

SaturnReturn
14th March 2009, 02:20 AM
They were some really awesome games. Was it altereggor hosting before kgb?

Mad-Ice
14th March 2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, alteregorr was hosting before. I had so much lag, everyone was just flying straight through me, I had a very difficult time to fight myself to the top. But anyway, it was a blast. When KGB hosted it was much better and we had some very, very close races. SaturnReturn was a speedy fighter and had some tight races, thumbs up mate!

Furtermore I want to thank chaos80, benbogog, OLOuk, subtotal, Wotan, AnErare and Danteric and ....sorry forgot I was completely drunk. :lol :paperbag

SaturnReturn
14th March 2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks to alteregorr though for gathering such a great bunch of pilots in the same place by hosting. There was some crazy stuff happening last night. I mentioned one thing to kgb. I was on the starting line of Anulpha Pass Reverse and as soon as it sounded "Go", I got hit with missiles. This was while everyone appeared to still be on the start line and no-one had even got to a weapons pad yet. Possibly the weirdest thing that's happened to me online.

Thanks for the mention Mad-Ice. There were some periods last night (before you showed up :p) where I was virtually unstoppable. It's unlikely to happen again but was great while it lasted :D It's nice to see hard work paying off for once.

AmigoJack
14th March 2009, 01:17 PM
Just had my 2nd - 4th online tournaments :)

When do you usually meet?
How does everything work? (Usually I just join a random room)
What happens if somebody unwanted (i.e. me - to others) enters?
Are messages (keyboard) possible?
Would this be a good chance to start buying a headset for doing teamspeak? :)

Lion
14th March 2009, 02:06 PM
How does everything work? (Usually I just join a random room) Just hang around until you see a game hosted by a name you recognise, if you look at your friends list you can see who's in-game, so either chance it or send them a message via the friends list.

What happens if somebody unwanted (i.e. me - to others) enters? The host can reserve a given number of spots for people on their friends list. I don't think it's possible to boot individual players though?

Are messages (keyboard) possible? Not within the game itself. but since in-game XMB was enabled a while ago, you can just send a message to players. You can use the Players Met section to message randoms in your room.

Would this be a good chance to start buying a headset for doing teamspeak? :) I hope they improve the voice chat in HD, as some other games I play online seem to manage this better than HD does, but being able to talk to other players adds a lot to gameplay :)

KGB
14th March 2009, 03:35 PM
I mentioned one thing to kgb. I was on the starting line of Anulpha Pass Reverse and as soon as it sounded "Go", I got hit with missiles. This was while everyone appeared to still be on the start line and no-one had even got to a weapons pad yet. Possibly the weirdest thing that's happened to me online.

The same thing kind of happened to me once before, on Sol 2 reverse I actually started a race with a Turbo which was very useful, helped me win so you can't complain too much. :lol

Great races last night, I enjoy it much more when everyone is winning which is what was happening, from winning one race to finishing last the next is what it's all about. :P

dobyblue
16th March 2009, 06:03 PM
CaptainWipeout and SaturnReturn - good to see you guys joined the Zone.
I haven't raced much over the last 2~3 months, but I do recognize your names both as pilots I would race and think "these guys should join the zone"

:P

SaturnReturn
16th March 2009, 06:28 PM
dobyblue - I think I've only played you twice. But the first time I remember we seemed to be only hundredths apart every time we crossed the finish line. Will you be online more often now? I'll add you next time I see you. Looking forward to more close races.

mdhay
16th March 2009, 07:26 PM
*cry*

I really miss HD...:(

Still, you guys are having fun with it.:)

OBH
17th March 2009, 08:59 AM
great stuff last few days with mad-ice and z1r0rEi :g cheers guys

blackwiggle
17th March 2009, 11:17 AM
Some very strange goings on with online atm.

People starting with weapons or turbos,people appearing twice in the same game [one racing while a duplicate craft remains on the grid during the race],people who appear under somebody else's name [unbeknown to them],two online games merging together with half the field being ghosts [ask Dantreich,he was in the same tournament and messaged me about it]

I had a race yesterday,just two people playing,I was coming 2nd and traveling down the overpass on Anulpha Pass and I got shoved from behind by a none existent craft,no I'm not imagining it,it was a very definite hit/nudge because I got a small boost,like you normally do when somebody hits you directly from behind.

Seems things are starting to unravel with online,I have a feeling this might be due to testing of launching HD from HOME.
Just a theory,but it's the only thing I could think of that is the most probable change that might be the cause.

lunar
17th March 2009, 11:36 AM
I haven`t seen any weird online stuff, infact it works very well for me at the moment (although I`m not online that much). But your mention of being hit by a non-existent craft reminded me of something. I was doing a bit of TT or on Moa Therma Reverse and got rammed by my ghost ship. I was connected to PSN at the time and it definitely happened. I was in the middle of the track and ahead of my ghost, took a corner not too well and my ghost ship drove straight through me or rammed me out of the way. It was all very fast but I was definitely rammed and I can only think it was the ghost ship. Getting touched by ghosts is pretty :cold so I was very shocked at the time, crashed and didn`t beat my record. Maybe related to weird online stuff, who knows how all this works?

dobyblue
17th March 2009, 12:52 PM
I will definitely be trying to get online more, even if it's only on the week-ends.

Mateo
17th March 2009, 01:38 PM
People starting with weapons or turbos

I think this happens because of lag, when the weapons appear 1 second or 2 after passing the weapon pad. E.g. when you go over the last weapon-pad on Metropia and pass the finish line before the weapon appeared, it appears after the start of the next race.

LOUDandPROUD
22nd March 2009, 01:05 PM
Wow, had some great Rapier races last night with a group consisting of Motorsagmannen, dwpj65, PEPEDA, IH8YOU and a very drunk Stinkleroy, who was flying so well under the influence that I told her she should have a few more drinks! :p

Hellfire_WZ
22nd March 2009, 03:18 PM
I think this happens because of lag, when the weapons appear 1 second or 2 after passing the weapon pad. E.g. when you go over the last weapon-pad on Metropia and pass the finish line before the weapon appeared, it appears after the start of the next race.

I had an extreme example of this a few days back. Was playing in an extremely laggy race, and for some reason, none of the weapon pads were working. Ocasionally I would be given a weapon about 10 seconds after hitting the pad, but for the most part, nothing. Then all of a sudden on the last lap, a weapon shows up out of the blue. Didn't hit a pad or anything. I use it, and immediately another one pops up. Absorb it, and another one appears! This is how it went on for the remainder of the race. The game was so laggy it had taken pretty much the whole race for the game to realise I'd hit all those pads, and it was giving me all the weapons I'd missed in quick succession.

Weird...

Asayyeah
22nd March 2009, 03:42 PM
wow Charlie you race 4 laps and 80% of the 5th ,without weapons and you got 20 weapons to waste in 10 sec :O indeed it's weird !

I want to thank my fellow WZ friends from last night i met online : those were intense races as usual can't wait to fight you again next weekend :)

stinkleroy
22nd March 2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah was some good racing last night L&P.....I remeber Sebenco rev making me more than a little sickly though :dizzy

After you and PEPEDA left the room filled with more zoners Acrooklyn, KGB etc.....it was a shame I had to go to sleep, it's rare you come across such competition all in one room on rapier. Good stuff :D

Eloï
22nd March 2009, 03:46 PM
I had an extreme example of this a few days back. Was playing in an extremely laggy race, and for some reason, none of the weapon pads were working. Ocasionally I would be given a weapon about 10 seconds after hitting the pad, but for the most part, nothing. Then all of a sudden on the last lap, a weapon shows up out of the blue. Didn't hit a pad or anything. I use it, and immediately another one pops up. Absorb it, and another one appears! This is how it went on for the remainder of the race. The game was so laggy it had taken pretty much the whole race for the game to realise I'd hit all those pads, and it was giving me all the weapons I'd missed in quick succession.

Weird...

Reminds me of the 2097 cheat to get infinite weapons :lol

LOUDandPROUD
22nd March 2009, 04:45 PM
@ Stinkleroy - Yah, I saw them all pop in right as I was calling it quits...I was bummed! Glad you got to race with them for a bit though!

Eloï
22nd March 2009, 08:35 PM
Great bunch of races with z1rorEi, Olouk, chaos, JJpap and others today, races were getting really hot at the end. But my ps3 didn't support the unbelievable amount of rockets on Metropia I think ;) Freezing again...

JJPAP
22nd March 2009, 09:37 PM
Definately hectic races! Thx to Elois, OLO, Chaos, Z1????? (you got the most impossible name, mate :dizzy), Mateo, Alejess, Haydn, Dariusz and others tonight. See you soon :o.

IH8YOU
22nd March 2009, 10:26 PM
That room last Sat nite / Sun morning - was great. :dizzy

I wish I had found it earlier - then again - if Kat was bringing that level of heat when she was "tipsy" I would have been boned when she was sober.

My arch-nemesis ACRooklyn was back - and that was just the icing on the cake!

Hope to do that again. :g

OBH
24th March 2009, 04:07 PM
Good racing mister mateo, yeldar, plus others.

I come over to fix my brothers pc, and have only watched in agony as he butches my good name!! :g

Mateo
24th March 2009, 10:21 PM
This explains a few things...:g

Thanks for the racing to all guys I met today and at the weekend, there are just too many of you to remember all names.:+

il_NIK
25th March 2009, 10:30 AM
I want to thanks Blackwiggle, TarquinFarquar, vinnymonster, danterich(clone) and many more guys for racing this morning (!!). It was awesome (a tournament :banzai with blackwiggle), and amazing :lol some close races with always different ship (but the same for all pilots)

thanks guys

OBH
25th March 2009, 12:20 PM
no longer will i let my little brother race around as me. its cringe worthy :D
look out for Mr-Phlanj hehe

yeldar2097
25th March 2009, 12:44 PM
ooh Mr-Phlanj! i remember that name from yesterday!
so when i was beating you i was actually beating 'you'. brilliant...
i must say i was wondering about that. oh well

thanks to all the people i've raced, had some outrageously hectic races and got some lovely pb's so thanks to all of you. i'd write i list but i think i'd reach the characer limit :lol

Hellfire_WZ
26th March 2009, 08:48 PM
Just had a good few races with Zoth and JJ, and we're all pissed! :)

JJPAP
26th March 2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I´m definately going to start a drunk-driving league. Time-zones will make it even more entertaining. But, maybe it´s something I have to discuss with my wife and kids ... Why is dad drunk at 9 o´clock in the morning? Well, I´m up against the aussies! It´s the DDL, sweethearts ... :blarg

Lion
27th March 2009, 02:59 AM
I'm not an aussie, but at GMT+12 I am in the right timezone for that to work.
I'm also unemployed at present, so drunk at 9am (assuming I'm awake) is not out of the question :P

mic-dk
28th March 2009, 12:06 AM
Yeldar, Leungbok, Epsilon, ericd7m... You guys are super bad dudes - ye Gods you are fast :D

Thanks for some fun and eventful races. There were many more participants, thanks all!

Mu5
28th March 2009, 12:14 AM
It´s the DDL, sweethearts ...

:D:D good on ye bro! :)

EPSILON
28th March 2009, 12:56 PM
@Mic-Dk : Yeah very great races yesterday, 3 rounds of 8 races, it was a beautiful batlle and Yeldar win again. If you want I host tonight to 21h00-0h00 (gmt Paris) you're welcome off course. Great Pilot Mic ;)

yeldar2097
28th March 2009, 02:22 PM
yeah thanks a lot for those tournaments yesterday EPSILON, they were awesome :D

EPSILON
29th March 2009, 09:33 AM
Yesterday, i host 2 tournament of 12 races with little beginner like :

- Yeldar (hmm not terrible but pleasant)
- Wotan (a new pilot, not strong but funny)
- Expitarius (not bad but not good)
- SaturnReturn (I Know this name...where ??)
- MAd Ice (new pilot, not very difficult, so easy)
- and lot of little .....

STOP !

I'm kidding.
Reverse all of my sentences :lol

This 2 Tournament was exceptional, intense Heroic see.

Bravo has Yeldar for its regularity Wotan to maintain its first place, Mad Ice who fought like a Lion, Expitarius who showed us his talent. What a pleasure to play with such Pilot, I love it ! :rock

Thanks to all, Saturn (always a pleasure), eric (new pilot but big potential) !

Vartazian
29th March 2009, 11:25 PM
MuS, Yeldar, Ih8you always put up a good fight to me! I love it.

Maybe I can get good enough to beat you guys on a regular basis :P

IH8YOU
30th March 2009, 01:09 AM
The room I was in today - my head is still spinning from it. :cold

boo4ever
30th March 2009, 02:39 AM
IH8YOU, I just want to thank you for inviting me to that room. I thought it was just going to be a few doubles races and it turned into an incredible session. Thanks to all the other participants as well: LOUDandProud, TarquinFarqhuar, JJohnEames, yeldar2097, Asayyeah, and others (sorry to those I am leaving out). I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. The action was intense. I wish I could have stuck around longer. I look forward seeing you all again soon.

LOUDandPROUD
30th March 2009, 03:01 AM
Agreed, excellent room with excellent racing. Hadn't raced with Asayyeah in a long time, so that was an awesome surprise! Good stuff...can't wait for some more of that!

IH8YOU
30th March 2009, 04:15 AM
Boo4ever - no thanks necessary! You certainly added to the enjoyment of the racing. If anything, thank Jason (LoudandProud) - he's the one who started it.

That was an incredible session, no doubt. :o

TarquinFarqhuar
30th March 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm down with that, you guys i raced last night.. you're the damage!

stinkleroy
30th March 2009, 05:31 PM
I just raced with a Japenese pilot caleed Rerealm....kicked my ass all over the track :lol

LOUDandPROUD
30th March 2009, 10:52 PM
Meh...you probably just had a bad day. :)

Vartazian
31st March 2009, 12:46 AM
I know ive had a few bad days back to back recently...

Always seem to get eliminated hten get back into second...

That or I keep getting bombs or shields right behind the pack leader.

stinkleroy
31st March 2009, 12:15 PM
Ha thats been happening to me for weeks now Vartazian, even in the tourny I was in with you last night. I was counting my weapons and in one race I got 8 shields, 3 missiles and 2 cannons and a plasma, all when I was in first place haha....I pretty much skipped turbo's until about the third race in, I seem to have real rotten luck like that with weapons :p

Was nice to see Klocki Lego about last night, I haven't raced with him since he contracted Wipeout disease. Welcome back Klocki! :D

lunar
1st April 2009, 10:34 PM
I don`t think I have particularly rotten luck with weapons, but I can not win races online. Sometimes I can be 2nd behind different people forever in a session, but I can not win. If I get a lead then some tragi-comic mishap is certain to occur. Tonight I was leading on Vineta, got my turbo wrong, hit a pole and went into reverse, unable to control the ship at all, for 12 seconds. I know it`s my fault, and probably somewhere in my subconscious I`m making this happen, but honestly!!!! :brickwall

@Hellfire - I saw you in the Goteki. Is this your new ship? I tried Qirex online getting 100K and really it was pretty thankless always having bad starts. I think you did bloody well for a long time in that ship. It`s not terrible and a good pilot can do good things with it, but I just decided there was no need to give myself disadvantages online so I was quite relieved to put that one behind me. :)

yeldar2097
1st April 2009, 10:51 PM
i was wondering where you got to on vineta :P
not that i mind winning...

stinkleroy
2nd April 2009, 02:03 PM
Haha I suffer from the same disease Lunar, it's called cracking under pressure ;)

Don't think I'm comfortable unless I'm chasing someone...if I manage to get into first I just make stupid mistakes, BRing or boosting off the track etc...it's a bad habit!

Oh yeah I also had my first few races with Yeldar last night and frankly he's just awesome :D

yeldar2097
2nd April 2009, 02:11 PM
although you did one one occasion beat him :D

stinkleroy
2nd April 2009, 02:13 PM
Doesn't count if it's Anulpha 'minefield' Pass though haha ;)

yeldar2097
2nd April 2009, 03:09 PM
I think you'll find it's Anulpha "bomb mines bomb mines mines shot by the random behind me mines" pass :lol
still counts. i won't let it happen again, EVER :banzai

Hellfire_WZ
2nd April 2009, 03:42 PM
@Hellfire - I saw you in the Goteki. Is this your new ship? I tried Qirex online getting 100K and really it was pretty thankless always having bad starts. I think you did bloody well for a long time in that ship. It`s not terrible and a good pilot can do good things with it, but I just decided there was no need to give myself disadvantages online so I was quite relieved to put that one behind me. :)

Yep, for that exact reason. I switched over to take advantage of the better thrust, and it's like a second dawn. Honestly, I've been so much better now I've switched purely because my greatest weakness in online racing was the start, and that was only compounded by the Qirex's poor thrust.

Thanks for the races last night Yeldar, great stuff :)

yeldar2097
2nd April 2009, 03:57 PM
noooooooooo! you're changed your avatar!!! noooooooooooooooo!!

what have done hellfire (you evil traiterous wretch)?!

anytime guvna, was a blast :D

alterego
7th April 2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Lunar, hi all.

I don`t think I have particularly rotten luck with weapons, but I can not win races online. Sometimes I can be 2nd behind different people forever in a session, but I can not win. .....omissis

...me toooooo dear friend!

I 'love' HD for the hell balancing with the weapons and for the long latency between two sequential recharge of the wpad.....aaargh!

I count around 1.5 second the timing for the recharge of the pad!

Sometime i slow down myself for catch some pads.....for recharge not for firing....ah ah ah!

see you soon online!
CdRom

Asayyeah
7th April 2009, 11:43 AM
Online is such a blast with all of you , friends from WZ, i did so much enjoyed during the whole weekend ( Avalon) and yesterday night with Romano, Soccer-Mumm ( Champagne !! ) Z1, Elois , Eg-snow X, chiriu ( :o) and others.

Fight you soon guys :)

Darkdrium777
9th April 2009, 12:32 AM
Before I broke something because of the ****ing missiles everyone was firing at me the last couple of races I left.

Good races with everyone, but the very last ones were unbearable. Missiles flying off from ****ing everywhere. Get hit twice with missiles on the same lap, and every ship that passes you hits you taking off 5 % of energy. :turd

Vartazian
9th April 2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah that happened to me too. But I was gonna stay... my internet crapped out on me >X(

Your a good racer though dark =)

Darkdrium777
9th April 2009, 01:17 AM
Okay I'm getting back in soon, I've cooled off a little. :)

Vartarzian, thanks you're good too. One thing though: don't quote the whole post directly above your own. It makes Sir Lancelot (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=13) angry. ;)

Vartazian
9th April 2009, 01:22 AM
My Bad... Used to it on all my other forums. heh...

Soccermom
9th April 2009, 03:25 AM
Cheers to everyone I raced today :)
... and sorry for getting too wasted later at night... (think I was AFK for longer periods)

Great times... Enjoy easter all of you!

Darkdrium777
9th April 2009, 04:20 AM
Good races with everyone :) Thank you.

alterego
9th April 2009, 08:17 AM
Hi All!

I want to thank all my mates that yesterday evening raced with me.

I have a lot of fun in this new version of the WO HD online, even if I lost every race...ah ah ah! :D

It's really impossible to win something when you all are on the tracks of wo hd...and i refer to Asa, Greenix, Wotan and so on..... :)

......but in my heart there is the certainty of our common friendship and that glass of beer that, virtually, we drink after hard races in the pilot's club at the side of the track.

Meanwhile we drink, out of the club we see the most beautiful races in the world, those wo hd.

Let's be friends!

Read You Soon
Big Slow Bear!
CdRom

RJ O'Connell
10th April 2009, 07:06 AM
Had fun running a room with Darkdrium, G-Superpilot, and others as I worked for my Livery Liberator trophy, and flew to the top of the mountain at Sebenco Climb - literally! :g

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, these were good races.

After I went in reach-big7's, GS followed, we had good races there. I was pushed around a little too much to my liking, but it was nicer overall than some sessions. :)

silverfoxy
10th April 2009, 07:36 AM
Had some truly excellent races yesterday with a lot of guys from here.

Lots of fun last night with French racers - Asayyeah, Wotan, Imre, Chiryu and others.

Many thanks guys and all those others I haven't mentioned.

See you again soon on the tracks. ;)

RJ O'Connell
10th April 2009, 07:36 AM
I don't know why but when it comes to ramming/collisions online I always feel like a small child pushing/being pushed by a Yokozuna.

Hellfire_WZ
10th April 2009, 10:24 AM
A quick note to all I was playing with last night:

Stop trying to shag my craft! It's not that attractive!

stin
10th April 2009, 04:25 PM
Thanxs guys for playing HD with me, but I`m slightly a bit rusty atm but again, I will fight back in mean time.;)

Wotan, you is too fast!:o

RJ O'Connell
10th April 2009, 05:03 PM
If you weren't there at that race Hellfire hosted at Ubermall...

let's just say it involved mines, a photo finish, and a perfectly-timed rocket up the sexy-looking arse of his Goteki 45. Epic stuff. (Especially that message I got in chat.) :g :g

I'm done for now, thanks to Hellfire, Rapier Racer, Wotan, Stin, SaturnReturn, silverfox, and everybody else that I ran into the last two hours or so! :D

zargz
10th April 2009, 10:37 PM
Record it next time! :eek

So we can all witness it.

:D

Hellfire_WZ
10th April 2009, 10:59 PM
Have a look at some of my livelier videos and you'll have some idea of what was going on behind my screen. Needless to say the message I sent to Rory consisted of a single, lengthened, all capitalised, nasty word ;)

Avenger2197
11th April 2009, 05:30 AM
Many thanks to Blackwiggle, acrooklyn, hn9354, sin2000, and many others. Wow, what a great session!

I'll repair the damage to you're AG, Blackwiggle, promise.;)

I can't express what a joy it is to race alongside WZ greats fromtime to time. Thank you all.:D

stin
11th April 2009, 10:16 AM
I didn`t realised, how bad I was today!:cold

Anyway, thanks to Anare. ColdRems and Fukin Charlie!!!!!!!!:naughty (BTW, I was on the phone at the time then my connection did cut off!:()

I will be back hopefully tonight and now, I gotta practise for my golf to prepare for my competition in the afternoon.

eLhabib
11th April 2009, 09:57 PM
To everyone I just raced in Mad-Ice's room: thanks a lot, I had a great time!
You guys are all super-awesome, and now, thanks to the chat feature, it finally feels like a real community playing online!

Simply perfect!
...and thanks Matthijs for hosting - super cool choice of races. But don't you dare put Moa on the last race of a tour ever again! ;)

yeldar2097
12th April 2009, 02:46 AM
that trip to moa helped me out a lot :D

SaturnReturn
12th April 2009, 02:46 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Good news. I just had a great game. Chaos80, JJohnEames, blackwiggle, Cerbis, er... maybe others. I forget. Thanks for playing. Yeldar was kinda there, but he doesn't count :p. Anyway, it was great fun, especially as....I was in the Mirage :o Mmmmmm Lovebug! Very close racing it was. Won some, lost some. Right amount of weapons, few pad failures, some but few barrel roll failures. Was awesome! Big smile on my face, or at least there would be if my face would ever do what I tell it to. Stupid face! But I'm smiling on the inside despite my perpetually grumpy exterior. Yay! Thanks guys. Yay!

stinkleroy
12th April 2009, 02:46 PM
Had the great honour of playing with Wellington86 the other night, first time I've ever seen him online! Was a great room so thanks to LOUDandPROUD, soccermums, Amorbis. Klocki Lego and a whole host of zoners :D

blackwiggle
12th April 2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah some great races Saturn, most of them were pretty close.:+

I'm just grateful that I didn't get invited to another tournament like the one 30 minutes beforehand.[took me that long to get over it]

They changed it on me just before I got in the room,what I told was going to be a 6 race phantom Tourney ended up a 12 race 10 lap each phantom tourney.

You try doing 120 phantom racing laps in quick succession in cockpit view on a 2.2m screen,I was about to puke :dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

yeldar2097
12th April 2009, 03:48 PM
good thing the BRs aren't working then:P

KIGO1987
13th April 2009, 04:33 AM
Skynet took over my PS3 in the morning. But i found a way around it so its working again.

So great races today. Even with those ****ing Windows Vista Weapons pads in the mix.

Zoth-Ommog
13th April 2009, 08:08 AM
:lol to skynet

Can you sleep at night with out constant fear, that Ahnult will knock on your door and is willing to give you rough love?

alterego
16th April 2009, 07:25 AM
Hi All!

I want to thank hellfire for the good evening session yesterday and oolpro and blackwiggle for the early morning session this day ;)

between i sleep a little (3 hours at least 8)) ah ah ah! :D

Read You Soon
CdRom

JJPAP
17th April 2009, 09:42 AM
A pleasure racing Blackwiggle and Connavar for a while this morning :+. Two fast guys I rarely meet ´cause of the Time-Zones. See you some other day around Makana Island :).

leungbok
18th April 2009, 07:20 AM
Short but intense session last night with the tough guys !!! Mad-Ice, Wotan, Yeldar, Luxoflux, JjohnEames, Constrictor... Thanks mates :guitar

Vartazian
19th April 2009, 12:44 AM
Just had a Great Tournament with Asseyeah, We tied for 2nd.

Damn hes fast!

RApier Racer, Infinity_1 and Some "King" guy (whos deadly fast in EGX) was there also!

Darkdrium777
19th April 2009, 06:43 AM
Good races with designer_79, boo4ever (Tight one at one point, forgot which race heh >.<), Vartazian and definitely others (sorry for forgetting :paperbag)

See you soon :)

KIGO1987
19th April 2009, 11:25 AM
I was lucky enough to have a couple of one on one tournaments with Arnaud. The races where highly skilled races. Was fun, even if the final outcome of the tournaments ment i came in a pole position not first, still was fun though.....[im going to try to not bitch about those ****ing Vista pads and cunty Micro freezes:bomb]..... still was good though. I need to check out France sometime in the future....

yeldar2097
19th April 2009, 11:56 AM
...Some "King" guy (whos deadly fast in EGX) was there also!
The mighty kingheim using his online account (kingheimus). Don't cross him or he'll bugger you up the arse with his hideously awesome driving ;)

From me to you: I'd like to say a massive 'thank you' to anyone and everyone that I saw online during my easter break. I would make a list but it would go on forever :p
The update annoyed a great many people (myself included), but we fought through it :D. I bagged myself top spot in my first 2 ASTRAL tournaments and the pilots involved certainly made me work for it right until the end! I even managed to beat my fantastic doubles partner Asayyeah by only 1 point!
I had a great time racing all of you but once again I must get back to the real world of school and exams :(. Thanks for helping me not do any revision, I had a blast :D
Hope to see you all again soon :banzai

OBH
23rd April 2009, 09:09 PM
should hopefully get some racing in at moosemanmikes this sunday :D get involved if your about!

convincing him to use mirage over harimau though might prove an issue :g some of us have seen the light and moved on!

KIGO1987
24th April 2009, 02:57 AM
Where the hell are you now haydn? I thought you left to travel with your teaching job?

Vartazian
25th April 2009, 10:03 AM
Just Raced Against KIGO, Blackwiggle and Zoth.

Great bunch of guys, funny as hell too!

blackwiggle
25th April 2009, 10:07 AM
Funny stuff MOA THERMA NO!

Vartazian
25th April 2009, 10:14 AM
well he asked what courses we wanted.

I personally laughed my ass off after I screamed "LEAVE ME ALONE" into the headset.

You were freaking brutallizing me tonight!

KIGO1987
25th April 2009, 11:55 AM
I really really really want to enjoy some only races like the good days. But online is just completely and utterly ****ed up, pretty much very well FUBAR'ed. Ever 3 out of 4 pads are vista pads, Micro freezes have now become Macro freezes. and regardless of what ship i use it weight ****ing 30tonne plus.

Who was on the voice chat, i could barely hear it. But i picked up one thing "f uck ing KIII GO!!". LOL funny ****.

Yes Moa Therma wasnt funny it was just a real big **** :( i hate my connection, the rest i can blame on 2.70/1.30.

stin
27th April 2009, 04:13 PM
You know, I`m soo bloody useless due lack of play!:( but, I`m thinking too much over golf!:paperbag

Oh well, that`s life, huh.

KIGO1987
28th April 2009, 02:51 PM
Golf and Wipeout is an odd mix. Ones very fast the other is very methodical. Could be helpful skills for Zen/Zone speed though:)

alterego
28th April 2009, 03:31 PM
Hi All.

When it's early in Italy, around 6 in the morning I have every day a little session online and sometimes I meet some 'zoners' :)

I want to thank blackwiggle for some good races today ;)

after this.....

who knows ketzcoatl (maybe this is the nick....) ?
I don't know if he is a zoner, but he is a good and correct pilot and I hope to race with him soon!

read you soon
cdrom

JaceMc
28th April 2009, 11:31 PM
I played against blackwiggle and JJPAP yesterday, and a guy with a name like 'OULK10'? I can't remember, he was winning a lot though :(. I wasn't having a very good day, and then when they introduced Vineta K and Moa Therma reverse, I just tried to keep off the walls so I wouldn't eliminate myself D:.

I HATE Vineta K reverse.

JJPAP
29th April 2009, 06:44 AM
That´s OLOuk and he´s fast for sure :eek.
Thx for the races - great fun.

blackwiggle
29th April 2009, 07:48 AM
I think OlOUK is from Norway,I seem to run across him quit a lot recently,usually when ZothOmmog is racing.

silverfoxy
29th April 2009, 08:21 AM
Played a bit last night and whichever host I ended up with seemed to have a fascination for Sol2. Must have played it 8 times out of 14 races. 4 of the others were on Moa as well. Must stress I moved room a couple of times but to do the exact same race 3 times in a row is a bit dull IMHO. Don't mind weapons on or off but prefer to at least change track every couple of races.

stinkleroy
29th April 2009, 08:54 AM
OLOuk is originally from Poland but resides in the UK :)

Zoth-Ommog
29th April 2009, 01:08 PM
Nice Races with Wotan, Elois, and Pappy + few more i can not recall at the moment.

Thanks guys, always a blast!

Connavar
29th April 2009, 11:51 PM
Got some fantastic races tonight, memorable ones with Mad-Ice & JJohnEames
especially, other pilots I remember:

TarotCardKiller, Andybob35, Danterich_clone, erich123, ericd7m, T-Rex29,
TarquinFarqhuar, IDReaper, boo4ever, fgdk, xTHORGODx, Vartazian, Jhak17,
Kanar_is_back, LOUDandPROUD...

Played some races with internal view: great sensations, and changed the ship
a few times, I think I'm gonna play more often with Icaras :)

JJohnEames
30th April 2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah those races tonight were a whole lot of fun. I had a blast. Congrats again on the world record. Great stuff. ;)

LOUDandPROUD
30th April 2009, 02:15 AM
Yup, yup...very fun! Even with all the micro-freezes... :blarg

Vartazian
30th April 2009, 05:26 AM
Haha Had a Funny experience with a guy named "Liquid Moridin" today.

This guy told me that Phantom took no skill because he "Flew off the track everywhere"

I sent him a message to come here and tell all you guys that and see how it goes over. I think he was a little butthurt that his multiple quakes and 10 (Yes 10) Turbos didnt win him the race instantly like in rapier :cold

Make sure u dont play Phantom around this guy he starts to really Nerd Rage.

IH8YOU
30th April 2009, 05:33 AM
I think I just lost a tournament to him thanks to my console bricking up on the 2nd to last race. (locked before count-down started) Sent him a PM so he knew I didn't emo-quit on him.

Between the Micro, Macro and Mega-Freezes, along with everything else lately, think this really may be it for me. :frown:

WTF I'm going to do instead of Wipeout? I Have No idea. :blarg

Vartazian
30th April 2009, 06:02 AM
Your gonna race CoVarianz THEN quit.

Amirite?

Connavar
30th April 2009, 08:49 AM
IH8YOU will never quit, I have faith :)

LOUDandPROUD
30th April 2009, 04:55 PM
Anthony! We have a butt-kickin to dish out on Saturday! You can't quit! :P

KIGO1987
30th April 2009, 06:09 PM
Was having some real good fun earlier with Tarotcardkiller, C4U, JJohnEames and some randoms before the i got signed out of the ****ing server, then the ****ing chatbox, followed by the PSN:( not happy.

But some of those races, **** me. On Metropia Reverse it was more than Cambodia, it was like i crossed the boarder into Laos, Burma and into Vietnam. Several hundred of mines everywhere, ****ing hell, is there stocktake sale on or something??

Vartazian
1st May 2009, 12:33 AM
Great Series, with T-rex, Boo4ever, JJohn Mr Orbital and Infinity1

Saw my first ever Quintuple Elimnation too! (I think I was the onyl one with more then 15 shield when the quake hit)

T-Rex29
1st May 2009, 01:36 AM
Hi Vartazian, hard races !
Don’t know why, but my ps3 doesnt allow me to send you a text message. Anyway, that was good fun ! ;)

blackwiggle
1st May 2009, 01:42 AM
If you are getting the 8003dBOB error [this is a new one since the 2.70 PS3 update].
Just don't use any punctuation marks in your message and it will be able to be sent.[that includes similies]

It is ad hoc as to who and when this error occurs,a right PITA if you have just typed out a long message and have to do it again.

T-Rex29
1st May 2009, 02:03 AM
Ha ! Thanks Blackwiggle. My english is already so bad...with no punctuation ....:g

Vartazian
1st May 2009, 07:37 AM
Haha remember the other day I was telling you about Liquidmodrin?

Well I ran into him again today and I dont think he was too happy to see me after the thrashing I gave to him Previously.

Needless to say he sends me a message saying "Stay the F*** out of my games"

I reply... Why? I can give you some tips, No need to be a complete asshole not my fault your slow"

Now this sends him over the edge and he starts tossin around the Racial slurs. it was actually kind of funny.

"what a f***in retard you are! your ****! I take the perfect Apex of a corner and you come in to tight and knock me off track everytime, its all you can do, Bash into people, cos you cant pilot. Dumb moosef***er. Canadians Connections suck anyways. they should just build a wall around you and give you, your own server so no-one has to put up with dumb moosef*****"

Now I know I pilot a Tight corner style trying to get the inside and Cut off my opponents instead of jockey with heavier ships (Iam in an AG SYSTEMS Afterall) but Hes gotta adapt. throwing around insults isnt gonna solve anything.

Keep an eye out for this one guys. hes fiesty.

blackwiggle
1st May 2009, 07:48 AM
Maybe he should change his name to Liquidmoron ;)

KIGO1987
1st May 2009, 08:11 AM
Im lost, what the **** are you guys going on about??

Vartazian
1st May 2009, 08:18 AM
Some Guy who got butthurt because he ran into a good pilot. just letting my fellow zoners know. ;)

blackwiggle
1st May 2009, 11:04 AM
Well we turned Chinyou007 around and he seems fine now.

Maybe if we ganged up on him and showed him exactly how inept he is it might click,using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut it might be.
But if it works,so be it.:o

IDReaper
1st May 2009, 04:51 PM
Well we turned Chinyou007 around and he seems fine now.

Maybe if we ganged up on him and showed him exactly how inept he is it might click,using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut it might be.
But if it works,so be it.:o

Lol wow that's funny. I was in a couple of matches yesterday and Goteki most of the time allows me to leap right out front. Well, you know what happens after that... but thats okay anyone here who has raced with me can probably say that I'm extra agressive, so it's only fair xP. Blackwiggle are u teh fast? I race around GMT Eastern 8:00. Vartazian I always seem to get on just as ur getting off too, we should race again sometime.

Darkdrium777
1st May 2009, 08:44 PM
Good games with TheFrostE, Alejess, Sabin(something), CRIZ-87... Oh man short term memory loss sucks. :/

Good tournament everyone it was excellent! Lag free games like this don't happen often enough. :(

Have yet to run into Liquidmoron, but if I do I'll be sure to leave him a small burn mark on his hull ;)

TheFrostE
1st May 2009, 09:06 PM
yes good races, no lag must have been because of my epic hosting abilities :p

JaceMc
2nd May 2009, 02:26 AM
I take the perfect Apex of a corner and you come in to tight and knock me off track everytime, its all you can do, Bash into people, cos you cant pilot.

Hah! What an idiot! If he were taking the perfect racing line there wouldn't be any room for you to go the inside. And since most of a race consist of blowing each other to **** with missiles, bombs and rockets he should be grateful that he's only getting bashed with a ship instead of a weapon.

IH8YOU
2nd May 2009, 03:31 AM
Actually, the perfect racing line varies - depending on your ship, relative position and speed (just boosting before?).

Not including your internet connection - as that seems to be drastically affecting my lines (read: microfreezes)

There are people who bash a lot - and it can get old when that's all they do. But I'm almost positive it's got a lot more to with lag and the game - then it does with the person on the other end.

Just today I was bashing someone - completely unaware of this, as they were ahead of me. So if I was smashing someone who wasn't even near me - I chalk that up to the game 100%.

To that person, u know who you are - I'm sorry anyhow.

Vartazian
2nd May 2009, 03:59 AM
IT may depend on the ship but seriously getting pissed because I take the inside line and have more momentum swinging out isnt my fault. he chose to take the outside path, not my fault.

Not to mention jostling for position is part of the game. if you cant handle it. go back to Venom.

XBARNSTERX
2nd May 2009, 04:15 AM
Booty bashers i call them, do my head in arrgggh, peace an love to those who can actually jockey the turns rather then sideshifting you into walls an sometimes of the tracks.:naughty

JaceMc
2nd May 2009, 04:52 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but I never seem to make contact with ships at all. I actually thought there must have been an option hidden somewhere in the 'Create Game' screen where you could turn off ship collision, because I seem to pass right through everyone. I don't see how anyone could purposely be that aggresive.

Adding to that, even if it is possible, I still don't think it should be frowned apon.

Just look at racing against Elite A.I. with weapons off, the amount of ramming going on in there is amazing. You're lucky to finish the race above critical, and I think that's one of the funnest things to do in RaceBox.

Vartazian
2nd May 2009, 05:02 AM
Getting angry at Jockeying for Position is like Getting angry because someone shot at you.

Back on Topic:

Just Had some Phenominal Races with Silverfox, Oolproo and JaceMC. Kept me thinking the entire time boys! we had some GREAT firefights!

mic-dk
2nd May 2009, 07:12 AM
Yeah, don't get mad - get even. Thats what rockets are for man!

silverfoxy
2nd May 2009, 08:37 AM
Cheers to Vartazian, Oolproo and Jace Mc for those crazy races.

I'd just woken up and thought a nice relaxed game of Wipeout would help me face the day !! It was like a battlefield out there. Good fun boys cheers.

Nice to know you can virtually always find some top quality pilots to race with at any time of day.

IDReaper
2nd May 2009, 12:08 PM
Good one-n-one stuff last night Vartizian. Those were some crazy fights for first place, although you beat me out just about every time xD. I'll just have to put in a few more hours of practice.

KIGO1987
2nd May 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I never seem to make contact with ships at all. I actually thought there must have been an option hidden somewhere in the 'Create Game' screen where you could turn off ship collision, because I seem to pass right through everyone. I don't see how anyone could purposely be that aggresive.

Adding to that, even if it is possible, I still don't think it should be frowned apon.

Just look at racing against Elite A.I. with weapons off, the amount of ramming going on in there is amazing. You're lucky to finish the race above critical, and I think that's one of the funnest things to do in RaceBox.

Same situation as me. Since there where so ****ing far away from the European and American players, and most of us in Western Australia has such shitty internet connection, that our ship are pretty much ghosts online, just ask the other guys, cause they get pretty cranky about it. The only real time a have ramming events with other ships is racing against other Australians since there is minimal lag between us.