PDA

View Full Version : LittleBIGPlanet

swift killer
25th August 2008, 03:02 PM
Probably the best game ive seen in a while..... other than WipEout HD ofcourse ;)

Rapier Racer
25th August 2008, 09:19 PM
I dunno, whats it about again? The characters look stupid...

KIGO1987
25th August 2008, 10:11 PM
They look like the things on the front cover of the PNAU (Australian Electro Band) Australian Tour Album Music CD. Or when you have been smoking a bong:blarg:lol:robot:g

Darkdrium777
25th August 2008, 10:49 PM
Well I think they look cute :P
LittleBigPlanet is another title I'm eagerly awaiting :D

RJ O'Connell
26th August 2008, 01:41 AM
Can you customize your womble to wear a FEISAR race suit and helmet? :D

Darkdrium777
26th August 2008, 03:30 AM
Maybe. It could be pretty hard to achieve but it's always possible, since they give you basic shapes from which to build, like cubes and cylinders. It's just gonna take a while to get all the details in place. The fact that you can use pictures from your hard drive as 'stamps' mean you could easily stamp a Feisar logo on your sackboy once the suit is finished ;) You could also just stamp the suit on your little guy as well, and just build some simple shoulder plates and a basic helmet out of a sphere and a couple of polygons :D

swift killer
26th August 2008, 08:26 AM
I want to buy a sackboy, lol. I think you can pretty much come up with anything with the customisation..... retarded eg.x pilot anyone? lol

infoxicated
27th August 2008, 12:52 PM
I think it looks ace - one of those games that the whole family could play. :+

A definite must-buy when it's released. :)

mdhay
7th September 2008, 07:11 AM
Apparently you can make your Sackboy look like Kratos (GoW), Nariko(HS), and Helghast(Killzone) and my personal favourite:

(Recommend you really look at the image; its a good 'un.:))

rdmx
7th September 2008, 07:42 AM
Here's a nice little cutesy ad for the game:
http://ps3center.net/story-1940-A-PS3-Little-Big-Planet-Billboard.html

BaldyCurly
11th September 2008, 03:46 PM
must have title for me, the modelling element alone looks ace, 4 player as well my kids can't wait!

lunar
23rd September 2008, 05:19 PM
there are LBP beta keys on Eurogamer at the moment. But you will have to hurry, and probably use your back and refresh buttons a few times too!

Yome NetSan
24th September 2008, 12:14 PM
I received the Beta key I won on jeuxvideo.com this morning and tried the game this miday !
It's really great ! Very beautiful, very fun, very customable (with the Eye camera very well used), very well done appart for the maniability.
It doesn't feel very natural for exemple when you want to go on the back or on the front of the screen.

Anyway, it will be my first day on buy on my PS3 ! (for a BluRay game I mean... WOHD will be my true DAY ONE buy for my PS3)

lunar
24th September 2008, 03:57 PM
I haven`t downloaded it yet. This will probably sound stupid, but I don`t want to risk a Tiscali bandwidth-clampdown before HD is safely on my hard disk. :paperbag

I`ll probably DL it on Friday. Netsan, can you tell me if the beta is tied to the PSN account you used to download it with? Or can all accounts on the PS3 use it?

I probably won`t play it, what with another game coming out very soon, but the kids will enjoy it as the poor things don`t appreciate WipEout.

Shozovulnai
5th October 2008, 05:30 PM
Someone already made a silly WipEout HD level: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WLo7N34kFYM

Rubix42
9th October 2008, 04:58 PM
I obtained Beta access for this yesterday. Played through the set levels included and did a little creating myself.

Must say that this game seems more like a toolset with so many possibilities as to be considered infinite. The game is a blast and the amount of control you have over the sackboy itself is rather amazing. So many controls seem to exist solely for the benefit of humor, which is just a nice change of pace to other games.

Darkdrium777
10th October 2008, 02:30 AM
No luck for beta keys. When the messages get posted on the PlayStation Blog I'm at school :x

I told ya it was possible to do something like WipEout in it! :lol

Rapier Racer
18th October 2008, 08:13 PM
I got a beta code a few weeks back, it is amusing how you can independently move sackboys hands around and change his facial expressions lol Couldn't see myself spending ages on it, or 40 quid for that matter though.

mdhay
18th October 2008, 08:14 PM
Well it's been delayed now anyway.

TheFrostE
21st October 2008, 07:38 PM
yup,we have to wait an extra week to wait as of today...but the 28th will come very soon :) .... and we always have wipEout in any case!

Rubix42
21st October 2008, 09:17 PM
My wife is on her way to purchase it from a Wal-Mart here in MI. Worth a shot to call them. It was a voluntary recall, not a mandatory. Wal-Mart apparently said no.

TheFrostE
22nd October 2008, 02:02 AM
!?!?! ill have to check it out

Rubix42
22nd October 2008, 02:02 PM
She struck out, they sold the last copy about 20 minutes before she got there. Looks like next week for me. I really enjoyed the Beta, and am looking forward to this.

sakerbax
4th November 2008, 05:13 PM
so it's finaly out here in europe
who's got it?
some ppl made wipeout levels on the beta =)
my psn: sakerbax

mdhay
4th November 2008, 06:05 PM
Getting it tomorrow, even better is that I fell up the stairs last week and can't go to school!:lol:nod

RJ O'Connell
4th November 2008, 07:39 PM
Good lord Martin - how badly did you get hurt?!? :o

mdhay
5th November 2008, 07:42 AM
I'd tell you, but for the life of me, I don't know! all I did was bang my big toe, and when I checked it, it was black.But I got a well - deserved extended holiday.

kanar
6th November 2008, 08:41 PM
I just bought it today. This game is really great. It's a kind of girl thing lol (the way you dress your sackboy/sackgirl), but I like it. Unfortunately I have wipeout HD. My wife will love this one for sure.

mdhay
7th November 2008, 07:14 AM
Has anyone came up with any levels yet? I'm currently working on a Half - Life parody where stickers are used to blow stuff up.
BTW, nice level Wip3ou7, that Tug o' War ruled.:):+

micky1984
13th November 2008, 11:07 AM
Iv just made 1 its a bit hard to begin with but worth playin to the end i think. any way its called .One Giant Leap! it tuck me freakin ages to make.

TheFrostE
25th November 2008, 11:20 PM
i have 6 published right now, working on a very cool new idea right now, check em all out, dj maniac and rubix can attest to the fun factor of levels as well :p. cya on lbp soon again mauro

mdhay
26th November 2008, 03:15 PM
Were you on it when I slapped people with a tv remote?

TheFrostE
30th November 2008, 02:12 AM
ya you were with dj maniac right?, i was thefroste, you were in my pod lol

Yome NetSan
30th November 2008, 08:42 PM
Hi there !

I also made some levels for Little Big Planet and the last one is online since tonight.
It's an Advant Calendar.
Tell me what you think of it.

I'll check your levels too !

See you

kanar
30th November 2008, 08:59 PM
I'll try that for sure yome, I have to detox myself from wipeout a little I think lol

Yome NetSan
30th November 2008, 09:00 PM
Sure LBP detox me from wipEout !

I forgot the name of the levels :
- The Town
- Advent Calender / Calendrier de l'Avent

my PSN ID : netsan

Chrono
1st December 2008, 11:02 AM
Mauro and I have had a good bit of fun on thefroste's levels. It's apparent how much time he's spent on them. Don't have the game for myself yet though =(

Darkdrium777
2nd December 2008, 06:17 AM
*Needs LBP*

Will have to wait though. In my current situation (Timing and stuff) getting a new game would be a really bad idea :D

TheFrostE
4th December 2008, 12:32 AM
im working on a new wipeout level based off altima VII from WO1. im using a hidden mechanisms technique that gives the player the illusion of the ship floating above the track and move on a set course. bascially took the inner workings of everything and hooked it all up behind a super thin wall and snuck some rods between the background and foreground, so all YOU see is the ship itself floating above the track. those who play the game, know what im talking about. think about the libidius JP. level... i just took that concept to another level.

Yome NetSan
17th December 2008, 06:17 PM
Hi,

Just to let you know that I published 2 more levels since last time.
One is a 2 player game where you have to throw the yellow balls to your goal to score.
The second one is a temple-themed maze and it's online since this afternoon.

See you !

TheFrostE
17th December 2008, 10:17 PM
cool stuff, ill hopefully have some lbp time later to check em out

Ally Graham
19th December 2008, 03:40 PM
I've just joined the wonderful world of Little Big Planet!

TheFrostE
19th December 2008, 07:52 PM
welcome, i hope you enjoy it.....ill hav e to add you so we can Sack it up together haha :p

mdhay
20th December 2008, 09:54 AM
The MGS stuff is coming out on the 23rd!