PDA

View Full Version : Please help me (DLC licensing on PSN)

Wip3ou7
22nd August 2008, 03:23 AM
Okay I know I'm probably SOL on this but I figured I'd ask for some help. I did try calling SONY and the lady I spoke with didn't know what the hell she (or I) was talking about. Here's the issue. I got another PS3 recently and I'm trying to download my games to it via my main PSN account and it's not letting me. It's giving me the message that says that my account already has 5 playstation systems associated with it. I guess my licenses got used up like so;

1- My first PS3 which broke and I sent back to SONY
2- The replacement PS3
3- My roommates PS3
4- A PS3 over at a friends house
5- My PSP?? Not sure how the 5th license got used.... I really cant remember putting my account on any other PS3s....

The lady told me I can log into my PSN account on the PC and manage registered systems but I tried that and there is no such utility to remove individual systems from an account. I asked her if they could remove the original PS3 that the account was registered on from my account but she didnt know how to do that. That lady didn't seem to know much at all so I tried calling back and the answering system was closed.

Anyways, this worries me now because not only can I not add my software to my secondary PS3, but if my primary PS3 breaks than I wont be able to redownload all of the software I've bought (which happens to be litterally everything that has ever been released on the PSN). Naturally now you can see why this is a problem for me. In addition to that, I was considering upgrading my harddrive (with all those games I bought and other content I'm about out of room on my 60gb) so does that mean that if I swap the HDD I also will not be able to redownload my games to that PS3? Someone please help!

Thanks in advance!

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2008, 05:52 AM
Indeed I've had my share of troubles with their five activations thing. They don't even know what the hell I'm talking about when I call them about it too. It's not their fault though, they probably are not informed by Sony, but it's still a bit frustrating.
Anyways, I have heard that using the backup utility allows you to backup to an external HDD everything on the PS3, like downloaded games, and restore them on another system (Basically it's a new system when you put the other HDD in). Don't quote me on that, but this is your best shot at keeping what you've got without having to pay for it a second time.
And true, there is no such thing as a utility she mentioned for PS3 systems (It exists for PSP systems though). The only way to deactivate a PS3 is by going onto 'Account Management' on the system and finding the deactivate option from there. Can't remember where it is now but it's somewhere inside there.