PDA

View Full Version : About Airbrakes

Wip3ou7
10th August 2008, 03:29 AM
(My nickname for em is "scarebrakes") In wipeout 1-3 on psx you can effectively break in a straight line while still holding the thrust at max by using both airbrakes simultaneously. In Pulse and Pure on PSP, that doesn't work so well (although it's not as necessary either, did they remove it because of Zone Mode??). I wonder if HD will be like the former or the latter, since there is talk about the handling being floatier and truer to the legacy wipeout games. Honestly I like being able to use that technique. Also, I wonder if HD will have the double airbrake (traditional) or single airbrake (for noobs?) option.

Avenger2197
10th August 2008, 05:08 AM
HD will probably have the option available to use air brakes with L2 + R2, or just R2, I'd imagine. Pure and Pulse had this option, so they'll keep it the same I'm thinking. As for the legacy games handling of air brakes physics(X + L2 +R2), not so sure that will return.

Was a lot of fun tho.

Wip3ou7
22nd August 2008, 02:57 PM
I know this is kind of an old post but since we're so close to release now and info is more public I was wondering if perhaps Colin could shed some light on the issue? Please Colin?