PDA

View Full Version : 2008-08-03: forum upgraded

infoxicated
3rd August 2008, 04:13 PM
There's nothing to learn here, really. Other than of the tedium that is upgrading the forum if you've left it for three months longer than you should have.

Now to do my blog.... :brickwall

//edit

Oh, and apologies to the handful of you that got kicked when I disabled the board to upload the new version. Them's the breaks. :)

Hellfire_WZ
3rd August 2008, 04:52 PM
Interesting new profile pages, seem a lot more tidy

Rapier Racer
3rd August 2008, 05:21 PM
Just had a quick look and yeah the new profile page is looking fine :nod

Mad-Ice
3rd August 2008, 10:20 PM
Looks pretty cool and way better on psp now. :+

I don´t understand the ´TAGS´ underneath, when I want to reply. What is a tag?

RJ O'Connell
3rd August 2008, 10:22 PM
Keywords for searching posts, topics etc.

Mad-Ice
3rd August 2008, 10:24 PM
Okay, but what is the difference with the normal search function?

Darkdrium777
3rd August 2008, 10:41 PM
If you enter this specific tag, it should place this topic up on top of the list.
For example, I have added the tags "Forum" and "Upgrade" to this thread, so if you search this board for these words, you should find this thread very quickly.

I forgot to mention they are also a good way to make jokes, although most topics are serious here so there shouldn't be so much tag abuse as for example here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=179205).

Mad-Ice
4th August 2008, 08:38 AM
Okay I get the picture, thanks man!

Asayyeah
4th August 2008, 11:53 AM
Cool feature, thx Rob :+

infoxicated
4th August 2008, 01:04 PM
I actually didn't think there was so much to the upgrade - figured it was just security stuff, but it does seem to have added quite a bit of functionality. :)

Frances_Penfold
4th August 2008, 04:40 PM
Vote now? :lol

Just edited one of my posts in the Wipeout HD forum and instead of the "save" button it presented a "vote now" button. It still worked though.

Wouldn't repeat the error so maybe I'm just crazy :dizzy

Tomahawk
4th August 2008, 05:40 PM
Nice update, Rob! It cleared all the subscribed threads I never subscribed to out of my profile. :g

Darkdrium777
4th August 2008, 09:05 PM
Oh yes another cool feature of this is the "Visitor's Messages" box on your profile. Other people can leave messages for you and you can reply as well :)

I think that's all I know though, I have not been much on Beyond Unreal to explore the forum thoroughly. xD