PDA

View Full Version : The PURE (NTSC) special challenge!

Mad-Ice
23rd July 2008, 07:36 PM
The little discussion in the thread of Jay:"joining the club" between Asa and Tom gave me an idea.

If Jay, Tom and all pilots who are interested, take Triakis. Then Asa and me and all pilots who are interested will take Feisar to try and beat the Triakis times.
Everybody is welcome to join this challenge. Pick either Triakis or Feisar.

The challenge will start when someone will post here; his or her first Triakis times in any speedclass on any track in SR or in TT. The first part of this challenge will end exactly 14 days after the first post with times set with Triakis.

Be sure to post all your times in your first post in this thread with the edit function. Laptimes and Racetimes are both to be challenged.

Good luck to all.

Finally some times:

TT race Sagarmatha VR

1. Alterego 1.51.94 Feisar
2. RJ O'Conell 1.56.14 Feisar
3. Q_dmc12 2.01.15 Triakis

TT lap Sagarmatha VR

1. Alterego 21.43 Feisar
2. RJ O'Conell 22.34 Feisar
3. Q_dmc12 23.18 Triakis

TT race Mandrashee VR

1. RJ O'Conell 1.46.04 Feisar
2. Q_dmc12 1.54.67 Triakis

TT lap Mandrashee VR

1. RJ O'Conell 20.66 Feisar
2. Q_dmc12 22.10 Triakis

TT race Staten Park

1. Alterego 1.43.19 Feisar
2. RJ O'Conell 1.43.70 Feisar

TT lap Staten Park

1. Alterego 19.40 Feisar
2. RJ O'Conell 20.13 Feisar

stin
23rd July 2008, 08:33 PM
You maybe hardcore stuff, so what about me?, shall I take triakis?

stevie:)

RJ O'Connell
23rd July 2008, 10:27 PM
CLASSIC LEAGUE TIME TRIALS - PHANTOM CLASS

NTSC-A / FEISAR / R.J. O'Connell (USA) / D-Pad

Sagarmatha VR: 1:56.14 / 22.34
Mandrashee VR: 1:46.04 / 20.66

GAMMA LEAGUE TIME TRIALS - PHANTOM CLASS

NTSC-A / FEISAR / R.J. O'Connell (USA) / D-Pad

Staten Park: 1:43.70 / 20.13
Exostra Run: 1:43.74 / 19.99
Ubermall: 2:08.35 / 24.84
Sebenco F***in' Peak: 1:58.01 / 22.83

And for an extra challenge, I'll ignore the fact that I'm absolutely rubbish at Wipeout Pure and side with FEISAR anyway. Yes, I know the first post was going to be for a Triakis pilot, but I doubt anyone will be posting times until later and I have the itch NOW!! XD

So after posting this, I'm still not as fast as Jay at some places but DAMN, I'm in the top five in some of these records! O_O

Ben, you'd best work on your times if you have any hope of holding up whatever honour the silver pitchfork has. ;)

Asayyeah
24th July 2008, 02:05 PM
Stevie : one thing is sure mate : you gonna play with feisar on Sol2 cause with Triakis you too fast :D

Matt' : that sounds a good challenge
But maybe we shall wait for Misterious Mister X to reveal his tip before starting this competition. As far as i know this trick gives you a good advantage. Or maybe for those who already knows it to not use it during this challenge?
What's your opinion Bad-Pad-Man ?

Mad-Ice
24th July 2008, 06:21 PM
Cool RJ, that you are in. Lol at Stin! At Asa; No use of tip, because no one has used it in the Pure tables except you. Once it is out we will decide later on.

The other reason why I started this challenge is: Some believe the Triakis isn't that good! I believe it is and that the pilots who are going to use Feisar against the times set with Triakis are going to have a hard time.

Who will be the first to set a Triakis time?

Task
24th July 2008, 08:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I've got some Triakis times in there, put 'em in a month back or so. Had to pull out the big T to beat some of the records that were there already. I'm not sure you can beat them with Feisar though. 8 )

RJ O'Connell
26th July 2008, 04:24 PM
I'm sure I could.

q_dmc12
28th July 2008, 02:06 AM
Classic League Time Trials - Phantom

NTSC-A / Triakis / D-Pad

Mandrashee 1:54.67 / 0:22.10
Sagarmatha 2:01.15 / 0:23.18

Now I'm all hyped up and i can't "be loose" - I'll do some more later when I'm relaxed...

RJ O'Connell
28th July 2008, 02:24 AM
Do that, I had a **** first run at Sagarmatha and you'd probably get a good crack at beating my time if you stay loose...

I like how you've used my arena timesheet layout too. :P

q_dmc12
28th July 2008, 06:38 AM
Yours was the only example I had to emulate and was very readable :nod

alterego
30th July 2008, 06:42 AM
Hi All.

I don't know if I understand well the concept behind the challenge, but......

after a long time without touching any type of WO (plus 1 month) I have a very little session with my copy of Pure Usa Version (ntsc-a) at Sagarmatha....

for now only one laptime in Feisar at phantom class.... 21.92 :)

I'm pretty sure it's beatable.....but I have a very short session, around 10 min...ehm ehm.

second lr 21.83 tt 1.54.18

third lr 21.74 tt 1.53.39 :) with feisar, i'm sure it's beatable! too much wall during the race ;-)

fourth lr 21.43 tt 1.51.94 (23.89p-22.11-22.02p-22.03p-21.89p) near my limits :)

I made this times without any tips on my slim psp ;) for me it's only question of training.....i resume my wo pure after months of stop :( and my eyes go wrong in very short time.....aaargh....i'm an old man for sure......ah ah ah! :D

read you soon my dear friends!
CdRom

I start my new race in Phantom Class of Pure NTSC at....

Staten Park / Feisar.
1) LR 19.40 TT 1.43.19

I'm happy for the LR but not for TT, not so smooth e free of wall like my hope and desire :(

RJ O'Connell
30th July 2008, 05:08 PM
Great laptime for Sagarmatha alterego! Beat mine by four tenths of a second.

FEISAR is winning, But we've yet to see any of the truly elite Triakis pilots yet, so it may not last.

(or will it? ;))

/future is Euro

Mad-Ice
3rd August 2008, 07:36 PM
Finally some times and interesting times too! Feisar is winning, lol! Great to see Alterego back in the challenges. Where are the Triakis pilots, CĀ“mon people!!!

The first post is edited with times.

alterego
4th August 2008, 09:23 AM
Hi All!

Hi Mad Ice and a little big embrace to your new entry Jonathan! :)

For the race I am in a real standby waiting for HD, but for some Time Trial Challenge in Pure.... ;) ......I love this style of challenge! :nod

....but about the next challenge?

I've just warmed up my little Feisar.... :)

Read You Soon
CdRom

Task
20th October 2009, 03:16 AM
Hey mad-bad-pad-man!
I wanted to get in on this challenge as soon as you put it together, but then some stuff got in my way.
Well, better late than never, right? 8 )

So here it is, my initial challenge in this thread.
I stand by my belief that Triakis is way faster than it should be, and that Feisar cannot beat it.
Please, please, please prove me wrong!

For my first entry, we have:

Alpha League Time Trial...Vector!
Pure NTSC-A / Triakis / D-Pad
========================
Vineta K -- 1:47.57 / 34.13
Modesto -- 1:53.01 / 36.40
Chenghou - 2:12.95 / 43.22
Blue Ridge - 2:08.69 / 42.03

I'm sure I could.

Bring it RJ, bring it. I really wanna be wrong here.

Asayyeah
20th October 2009, 08:02 PM
oh lala that's gonna be really tough to beat by a feisar but i think it's possible if all brs can be performed on the 3 laps = 9 brs, i came with 1.49.41 ( 36.47 - 36.89 - 36.05 ) and best lap 35.60 ( into another TT race) 2 low 35 can be done while racing but my 1st lap is my best so far ( almost 1 sec better than the other attempts)
I also get a cool TT racetime on phantom still with feisar in case you want to kick my arse on it Jay with the fattie Big T ;)

Task
20th October 2009, 10:09 PM
Your first lap is your best?!? That's crazy talk, man! 8 D

Pfft, I can't fly Triakis at Phantom. I could give it a go, but I'm pretty sure the results will be "Wallbang! Wallbang! Wallbang!". I usually only fly Goteki at Phantom, the float and thrust do me well.

I plan on posting more Triakis TT's as I generate them. They'll all be the best effort I can pull off with an hour, so none of them should be easy to beat...

Asayyeah
21st October 2009, 06:57 PM
Your first lap is your best?!?
Another failed test for me to know if i improved my english :D
Actually i meant it was my best 1st lap i did among all other attempts (those were 1 sec slower = +/- 37.50 ), my best lap into a TT ( not keeping the boost from lap1 or 2 to get ala SpeedLap) was 35.60.

They'll all be the best effort I can pull off with an hour, so none of them should be easy to beat...
hmmm a new 'english lesson' test for me :blarg
All of them should be difficult to beat ? or the opposite ?
Geez! Jay Why did i entered this challenge ?? i am LOST :D :D

Task
22nd October 2009, 05:02 AM
Oh, you mean that your best first lap is also your best race record?
Right, that I can believe easily!
The later laps are easier to make fast, it's difficult to get the first lap as fast as possible so that's where the most room for improvement usually is.
I was noticing that myself while making those race times.

hmmm a new 'english lesson' test for me :blarg
All of them should be difficult to beat ? or the opposite ?
Geez! Jay Why did i entered this challenge ?? i am LOST :D :D
8 D I can decode that sentence for ya':
If "none will be easy", then "all will be at least somewhat difficult".

I think I'm going to give a shot at improving my old Phantom time, you're really hammering that one with the Feisar so it must be one of my older times. Hopefully easy for me to improve upon. 8 )