PDA

View Full Version : Psp Gps

stin
20th July 2008, 11:58 AM
I`m thinking of buying this GPS, but one thing I want to know, is it worth buying?

I`m just being curious.

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1323238557.121655492 2@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccladeejiemfdjcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&sku=456405&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null

What do you think?

stevie:)

Hellfire_WZ
20th July 2008, 01:03 PM
Ask Rob when he comes back, he's just bought one ;)

I guess it depends how much of a traveller you are, there's loads of international map packs on the PSN.

KIGO1987
20th July 2008, 03:27 PM
Thats pretty cool, the PSP GPS. This is a much cheaper option than a full blown GPS system. I was looking at the spec page seems pretty good, a few things i couldnt see on it like Australian current maps. Is this for PAL or NSTC PSP? Also is this only for sale in Europe? This is the first time ive seen such an accessory. Another thing is there like a digital TV tuner accessory for the PSP?

infoxicated
20th July 2008, 05:04 PM
I'm actually gutted that I didn't get it yesterday. We drove to every game store in the area, stopping short of going into Glasgow because I had been beaten down by shop-floor morons telling me it hadn't been released by that point.

Then my girlfriend checked Argos late last night and was able to reserve one, so we picked it up today before setting off toward the horizon and leaving "kate" in charge.

Kate is the name of the chick voice - there's a dude voice, but we haven't tried that. I was hoping for celebrity voices, like Rick Mayall or maybe Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; You are going to take me to the destination within the hour by taking the next turn on the left. Otherwise, people will die. - Harsh, but motivational!

After our magical mystery tour, Kate took us right to our destination as we gaped in wonder at the strange new worlds we had explored. Actually, that's not strictly true - I'd been to the places we went before, many times, but the fact was they were two small scottish villages and the Go!Explore software led us to them perfectly. T'was the rockzor. :rock

Today we didn't really have much time to go anywhere too far - since I'm back down to frickin' London again tomorrow and still need to pack. (Which reminds me - pint on Tuesday night, Charlie? :beer )

However, next weekend I'd like to just punch in somewhere off in the great blue yonder and let it do its stuff. Certainly the 3D view is very cool - especially the way it tilts itself up when you're going slowly, then lies back so you can see further ahead when you're ripping along a fast road.

Hellfire_WZ
20th July 2008, 05:10 PM
I think that could be in order mate ;)

Talking of celebrity voices, my dad's got Ozzy Osbourne on his TomTom.

"You 'ave reached your ffffffffffookin' destination"

KIGO1987
20th July 2008, 05:35 PM
A Ramsay voice would be amusing.

You missed the turn off.... YOU DONKEY!

stin
21st July 2008, 05:40 PM
Good feedback and that`s I wanted to hear, thank you foxy.:D:+

Charlie, I will be travelling nearly all over the countries next year over golf :P

Also for my work as well too which will keep me handy.

stevie:)

Rapier Racer
21st July 2008, 09:49 PM
I'm interested in this too, so it's all good? I heard it took an absolute age to connect/sync whatever with the satellites when you first switch it on? If thats not the case I will have to have some of this :)

infoxicated
22nd July 2008, 08:35 AM
It only takes about ten seconds or so - hardly ages.

Say you've had it on standby and you turn it on and choose a destination from your favourites. It'll zoom in on that location until it calculates your position, then the "GO" button becomes active and you just press X and it focusses on where you are currently, with the route to where you want to go highlighted. For me that never took more than ten to fifteen seconds after I had it on standby.

There's a screen in the options where you can actually see where you are in relation to the satellites, which I thought was kind of cool. :)

mdhay
22nd July 2008, 02:15 PM
Methinks this will help me on Portable Ops in regards to recruiting Soldiers...

RJ O'Connell
23rd July 2008, 09:59 PM
Or finding your way up to Al's apartment for World Wipeout Tournament III. ;)

mdhay
24th July 2008, 08:08 AM
Did you mean Me or did you just mean anyone in general?

RJ O'Connell
24th July 2008, 02:54 PM
Anyone in general who needs to get there next spring-esque time! :D