PDA

View Full Version : super stardust HD...OMG!!!!

TheFrostE
15th July 2008, 11:26 PM
well ive been looking at it for sometime and finally caved and bought it since i havent really played any good top down shooters since wellll.... maybe ikaruga or einhander ( not exactly top-down but you get the idea). also it has the trophy system in it and i wanted to see that. this game is phenomenal if you havent tried it or seen it check it out or get it for the 15 dollars (expansion included) . its amazing, any one else love it?

Hellfire_WZ
16th July 2008, 03:44 PM
Been spanking it left, right and centre pretty much since I bought my PS3 :) Great game, started playing it again since they brought in the trophies

cybrpnk
16th July 2008, 04:42 PM
one of my all-time favourite games ever...and also one of my...actually...it WAS my first ever PSN purchase...

I play this baby at least once everytime I turn the PS3 on...its one of those games that has you saying 'just one more go'...lol

favourite mode is endless where the PS3 just chucks wave after wave of enemies and rocks...some intense moments there...this is what gaming is about...high scores and crazy, crazy difficulty levels that need actual skill to play well...

Rapier Racer
16th July 2008, 06:33 PM
I bought this a few days ago as yet another attempted distraction till HD comes out. It's a great little game for a fiver and it has trophies, I'll be buying the expansion pack in due course.

It's also gonna be on PSP at some point though obviously not in HD.

G'Kyl
17th July 2008, 05:46 AM
...and it has trophies, I'll be buying the expansion pack in due course.

I hate trophies, I hate achievements! ;)
Now that that's off my mind: I thought the expansion was well worth it's money! Nice additions, make the game more long-living (without adding levels, mind you).

It's also gonna be on PSP at some point though obviously not in HD.

Yeeeea, but how good can a two-stick-shooter be on PSP? Don't know about this one... BUT: Geometry Wars: RE 2 is coming to 360!!! :hyper

Ben

Rapier Racer
17th July 2008, 05:45 PM
Dunno but they had it on a PSP during the Sony conference at E3.

micky1984
27th July 2008, 11:07 AM
yeah love it. trying to get the last to trophies which are proving to be a real bitch to do (them bleedin nukes). so addictive tho. has anyone here got all the tophies yet ?

infoxicated
27th July 2008, 09:59 PM
Not me - I seem to be some way behind Charlie.

I do like this game a lot - it was my first ever PSN purchase, too, and the updates to it have really polished it to a high shine. :)

I find it's one of those games that I have to be in the right frame of mind for. When I set my highest score I was on gorram fire - I swear, the baddies were on GameFAQS.com looking up my attack patterns! :D

Unfortunately days where I can maintain the concentration needed to get a high score seem to be few and far between, so the trophies (as much as I loathe the whole achievements charade) have given me something else to aim for when I know I'm not in the hunt for telephone numbers when it comes to scoring points.

Hellfire_WZ
27th July 2008, 10:01 PM
Had another bash today. No new trophies, but I did break 100 million :)

cybrpnk
28th July 2008, 02:39 AM
just dl-ed the team pack yesterday...there're some really interesting modes on there...versus being one that caught my eye, cause me and my bro absolutely love this game...and some versus wouldn't go astray...

still in my 'must play' list whenever I switch the black box on...

micky1984
6th August 2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah some portable stardust wud b amazing thats if my so called anolog nub can take tho that thing is useless.on a side note does anyone want to add me as a friend on the psn network so i can compare some scores wud give me more of an excuse to play this game some more if i had some people to compete against (i dont no anyone who owns a ps3 lol). My name is micky1984 (surprise suprise)

Hellfire_WZ
29th August 2008, 11:48 AM
Okay, that's it. Has ANYONE here got the Late Boomer or Shock and Awe trophies? If so, what malevolent deity did you sell your soul to?

Honestly, these two are pissing me right off. Bomber mode is arse, and I've managed to hit 14 bombs about six times before losing it. And I can't even get close to hitting even five nukes in Endless, let alone ten.

And these are SILVER trophies! I've got all the rest, it's just these two!

:evil

Hellfire_WZ
31st August 2008, 07:35 PM
Wow, I've just got the Late Boomer trophy... and I'm drunk!

*bows down to the almighty alcohol*

lunar
31st August 2008, 09:26 PM
Well done Charlie, maybe you should drink more often! Good luck with the last one if you don`t have it yet - one more beer should do it.

To someone who can hardly beat the second planet I`m in awe of skillful play on that game. I haven`t played it since the trophy patch, though.