PDA

View Full Version : WipEout AG Craft design project...

cybrpnk
4th June 2008, 08:21 PM
Ok peoples...need your help on this one...

First semester of my final year at uni is nearly over...have to write up my final report due in a weeks time and that is it...I have a mid year break...and it is time to design something cool...

Why am I doing this???

Just for the fandom, and I think it'll be something nice to beef up my portfolio with something out of this world...;)

What do I do???

I am an Industrial Designer...designing products ranging potentially from toothbrushes to mobile phones to cars...

How can you help me???

Help me source out the technical package of what you believe may go into an anti-gravity air craft...for all you engineers out there...this will hopefully be a fun exercise...

Game on...

I will whip up some concept sketches in about a weeks time and try and post it on here...

KIGO1987
5th June 2008, 12:30 AM
I studied Mechanical Engineering two years ago. Ive got a few possible ideas. Someone on this website has managed to create a static FEISAR ship. Levitating on magnets. There is a link somewhere for it

It is possible create a ship that can move forward and slow down again if created on a fixed surface. Similar to the magnetic levitation train network which is found in Japan. Electromagnitism running on the negative and positive polarity actions of the magnets, managed by a controlled current of electricity. However the ship would not be independently controlled by its own power source like in Wipeout, but dependent on the fixed curcuit that the ship is on. There are problems like stability and controlling the ship speed, that can be overcome with the right math and physics.

With some trial and error something physically working could come out of this.

Imagine the first person who actually creates a fully functionally wipeout ship model ship. That would be sweet.

metroid4me
5th June 2008, 02:32 AM
I did one, its a radio controlled hovercraft. Would be really cool to do a full size one!

KIGO1987
5th June 2008, 04:58 PM
I did one, its a radio controlled hovercraft. Would be really cool to do a full size one!

Sweet. Got any photos of it?

feisarfan
19th June 2008, 11:50 AM
I'm just doing some sketches of a fully working AG mag-lev craft at the moment (with bits like remote control servos for airbrakes, navigation, as well as the magnetic coating underneath a craft, which could be controlled by electronic swiches)

What could I use for the mag-lev underskin/tray that's cheap and easy to get hold of? (just a thought)

Yagya
29th July 2008, 12:06 AM
holy tacos batman! you have a magnetic floating RC Feisar?! pics and video if you can. that's just phenomenal!

i MUST know how it moves and such. make a wipeout track to run it on :P

EDIT:

found a link to a series of pictures of a magnetic floating feisar. is this the one mentioned above?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69619&postcount=220

2nd EDIT:

MAN, do i want that badly! but with an AG-Sys body. haha i just dig the red and white too much.
found Metroid4me's project. WITH VIDEO.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4938&page=2
about 2/3rds down the page.