PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 problems

JABBERJAW
1st June 2008, 03:53 PM
So my ps3 (60gb) which I hardly use, has decided not to load up. It was going to the wave screen at startup, then freeezing, now it just goes to black screen. The Ps3 controller does not start up the system. I tried the hold it down button thing, but no luck. I did have that fing nyko intercooler and am wondering if that had anything to do with it, since the system was hot even though was turned off. Any ideas?

Darkdrium777
1st June 2008, 08:51 PM
This Nyko intercooler is bad, get rid of it. The PS3 does not need it.
Yes, it might have broken your system, as it did with some X-Box 360. Sorry to bring that to you but you may have to pay 150$ to get it repaired... :/

JABBERJAW
1st June 2008, 10:41 PM
I fixed it. We put Isaac's hard drive into my ps3. The screen came up and we reformatted the disk (after we put mine back in). Now it seems to be working fine. I did have yellow dog linux on it before, maybe that caused problems

Darkdrium777
2nd June 2008, 12:08 AM
Well that's good. But don't use intercoolers, especially Nyko's. They don't work well at all.

Rapier Racer
2nd June 2008, 05:04 PM
I'll second that notion Al, I've heard these 3rd party coolers are bad news.

TheFrostE
2nd June 2008, 07:00 PM
ya i third it!, when i did have my wii, i broke my first one by purchasing one of these abominations. It ended up making the system hotter than it was without it :p. go figure eh?

Darkdrium777
2nd June 2008, 07:20 PM
LOL the Wii has an intercooler?!? Are they nuts, thats last gen technology that doesn't heat up at all!!!

TheFrostE
2nd June 2008, 07:31 PM
lol believe it or not. it did get pretty warm, but yeah, its got a base fan kit and everything. i mean, i got rid of it for my PS3 (much better) *cough cough*, but when i did have it i used the cooler until my first one overheated

JABBERJAW
3rd June 2008, 05:02 PM
I really didn't want to get another ps3, I have the 60 gb one that you can play everything on, so I really wanted to keep that one. I heard the nyko things were bad on the xbox at the time, but lots of people said it was fixed for the ps3, but that seems to be wrong. I'll be trading it back in, should get some money for it along with fatal inertia for the xbox.

lunar
18th October 2008, 09:36 AM
This is a very random question with no thread to ask it in. This seemed reasonably suitable.

Even though I have deleted the Motorstorm 1 demo from my PS3, the horrible cheez-rock soundtrack from the demo is still on the PS3 somewhere. I can`t see the file anywhere, but somehow it gets itself into my playlists, despite being invisible, so it comes up and plays itself, very often, while playing HD, which isn`t nice. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of it? I thought of disabling atrac if the music is in that format, but can`t find a way to disable that.

eLhabib
18th October 2008, 10:34 AM
That's... odd. I guess your best bet would be to ask in the official PS3 forums.

mdhay
18th October 2008, 11:03 AM
WTF lol. Try Downloading it again?

Asayyeah
18th October 2008, 02:08 PM
Not sure if this can help Stephen but if you create a playlist yourself ( i named it Wipeout HD with 67 tracks) that motorstorm one can't be played since you selected yourself the tracks for that particular playlist.
Or maybe create a new playlist ( if you already did this) with another name and tick one by one the tracks you want , through Wipeout HD Audio menu you can select the playlist name you want to listen while playing ( i am sure you already know this)
Or maybe i am out of the question and did misunderstood your problem?

Darkdrium777
18th October 2008, 04:53 PM
Huh? Motorstorm tracks playing in WipEout HD??? WHAT THE **** XD :lol
This I had not heard until now. Which also means I have no idea how to help you. Try downloading Motorstorm again and deleting it? Also look under ''Game Data Utility'' for anything Motorstorm related.

lunar
18th October 2008, 06:04 PM
thanks for the answers, everyone, I think I will try to re-download the demo. The same thing happens with custom soundtracks on Super Stardust - even though I can`t see the Motorstorm music anywhere it plays itself if I use a custom playlist on that game - so it`s not an HD bug. The music is definitely not in the playlist because I made it myself. I thought deleting the Motorstorm demo after getting HD would do the job. One consolation is I seem to be the only person on the internet who has had this issue - I Googled quite a lot! :)

mdhay
18th October 2008, 07:42 PM
Remember - You're unique, just like everybody else.

( I can't see the irony in that. At all.:g)