PDA

View Full Version : How many GB is Wipeout HD?

KIGO1987
29th May 2008, 12:11 PM
I was just wondering does anybody the size of the Wipeout HD game off the PS Store?

Was wondering if it was between 5-10GB file?

Does anyone know?

mdhay
29th May 2008, 12:14 PM
Since it isn't out ( :'( ) I'd say around 956MB or over.

eLhabib
29th May 2008, 12:16 PM
Where'd you get that number from?
Only info we have from Studio Liverpool (afaik) is below 1 gig.

mdhay
29th May 2008, 12:17 PM
I estimated.

eLhabib
29th May 2008, 12:28 PM
And by estimated you of course mean guessed ;)

KIGO1987
29th May 2008, 12:28 PM
Around 1GB thats good. Means i dont have to delete any music off the HDD. I Guess its gonna be a small title. Something in the vicinity of the Gran Turismo Concept download.

Does anyone know an exact date of release of Wipeout HD?

eLhabib
29th May 2008, 12:30 PM
Yes. He is commonly referred to as God.

Egg
29th May 2008, 12:42 PM
Hehe, I love this thread. Talk about finding something to talk about whilst twiddling your thumbs :)

Now you know how Star Wars fans felt, between 1983 and 1999.

.. Well, maybe not.

eLhabib
29th May 2008, 12:45 PM
How very evil of you. Well, since your work on HD is done (I guess), sit back and enjoy the show :P

Egg
29th May 2008, 12:50 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/JonEggelton/Eeeeevil.jpg

KIGO1987
29th May 2008, 12:59 PM
It is funny how quickly the conversations can tangent from the topic. Ah, doesn’t matter got the answer i was looking for anyway. Continue.

eLhabib
29th May 2008, 01:10 PM
Exactly the picture I had in mind, Egg ;)

Rapier Racer
29th May 2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah we were already told that it sits at just under a gig after install were we not? I dunno how they got it so small. there isn't a lot to the HAZE demo in terms of play length and its a lot bigger than that.

Darkdrium777
29th May 2008, 06:45 PM
Well both PurE and PULSE for PSP are really small too. The UMD can carry about 1.8GB but both games are under the 300MB mark (I'm not sure but I even think PULSE is smaller than PurE) I guess Liverpool is good at making small but very fun games :)

Lance
29th May 2008, 08:21 PM
Speaking of sadistic ovoid observers of suffering, does anyone have a craving for a boiled egg? ;)

eLhabib
29th May 2008, 10:54 PM
I'd rather have a scrambled one :D

Colin Berry
30th May 2008, 12:20 PM
you know last month when I said it was less than one gig

I wasnt lying

It is less than 1 gig

/waits for the next 5gig+ download rumour top start in 2 weeks time

BaldyCurly
30th May 2008, 02:20 PM
Maybe the reason Haze is large and Wipeout is small is due to the optimised code SL produce compared to the Haze devs?

Quite refreshing if you ask me that SL are not following the MS rule of "have disk space, create bloatly code" I mean, how much disk space did Office used to take up? (I run an MS certified dev company btw so don't tell bill:))

Darkdrium777
30th May 2008, 05:26 PM
Colin I think that the fact that a lot of games require a very large hard disk install today on PS3 for very little performance increase has anyone worrying when one of the prettiest games on the PS3 is coming through download only. People don't like 5GBs install and they fear that this game, being such a beauty to look at, might cost them a large share of the HDD... I think why people say these things is not to be a rumor mill, but instead to seek an answer to silence their fear...
Maybe you should just say how much it is now (Even though it is not complete) so that people will know it's very small, right now, and they won't worry any more ;)

Lance
30th May 2008, 07:05 PM
Colin already diD say that. Twice. Right here in this thread. Where we could all see it. And yet people are still not believing it even though it comes right from the real source, the guy who designed it, the guy who knows. WTF?

omega329
30th May 2008, 09:01 PM
Egg, please could you not post any more pictures of Dr Evil? I have a phobia of him/Dr No. That picture made me feel horrible.
I know It's irrational, but I can't help it.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Darkdrium777
30th May 2008, 09:57 PM
Lance-> I think you'll notice that each time it is a new user that asks this. So how bout Colin makes a post about everything WipEout HD he said already (No need to say more if he doesn't want to) and you sticky it at the top of this forum. So people will stop asking. :)

Lance
30th May 2008, 10:53 PM
How about new users actually reading something to see what's been discussed instead of making uninformed comments?

Sticky topics that are not updated every day are ignored almost as much as the guidelines.

Chrono
31st May 2008, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know if HD is going to run on RCA signal? The Bladestorm demo was HD only, which has kinda spooked me for...WO HD.

lunar
31st May 2008, 02:35 PM
I can`t believe that it would be HD only. That would be commercial suicide, but I don`t know any more than you, Chrono.

Sausehuhn
31st May 2008, 03:49 PM
It's playable on SDTVs as well. Support up to FullHD.

Norfolk'n'Clue
3rd June 2008, 12:48 PM
Hey, does anyone know if WipEout HD will run on the PS3? I only ask, because I heard rumours that it will be a simultaneous release on PC, Wii, 360 and gameboy. I've only got dial-up, how long will it take to download? How much is 1Gb anyway? I love the way in WipEout, if you double tap the accelerate button, you can do a wheelie all the way to the first corner, and then hop out to run to your safe house, before nipping to the shops for some milk. Will this wheelie feature be implemented? I hope so, because it would be 4w350M3!

eLhabib
3rd June 2008, 01:02 PM
Please don't post when you're doing drugs. You're only making a fool of yourself.

Rapier Racer
3rd June 2008, 01:04 PM
WTF?? Drugs indeed.

Norfolk'n'Clue
3rd June 2008, 01:15 PM
Tchoh. It's excusable for the European to not get it, but for a resident of this fair isle? No excuses.

eLhabib
3rd June 2008, 01:20 PM
I guess 2 brain cells is enough to identify your weird post as a joke. However, even though I have somewhat above 2 brain cells, I fail to see the point.

Egg
3rd June 2008, 01:23 PM
I have several brain cells, and that post made me do a snort-laugh :)

Made a change from BR and HUD whining, anyway.

JABBERJAW
3rd June 2008, 02:16 PM
"Please don't post when you're doing drugs. You're only making a fool of yourself"

roflmao :) wheelies? I know pure kinda does this sometimes when I don't pitch down but seriously

Lance
10th June 2008, 11:52 PM
I seem to detect a touch of sarcastic critique of credulous rumour lovers in NoEffinClu's post.

omega329
12th June 2008, 06:26 PM
Norfolk'n'Clue :lol I never saw that! allways thought it was one of those random meaningless things...
Well, Hopefully, I'm getting a freind with a PS3 to buy it, I lent him a usb cable to charge his controllers with (he lost his), so it's only fair I get somthing back ;)

taqili
13th June 2008, 12:38 AM
wow that really is brilliant.

i am so dumb.

dobyblue
7th July 2008, 08:00 PM

I wasnt lying

It is less than 1 gig

Any chance you can give us some technical info/jargon on how you've managed to get so many tracks looking so incredible at 1080p60 and still bring it in under 1GB?

Like, what sort of compression is being used, etc.

Is there any chance when/if a full WipEoutPS3 game comes out that it might feature uncompressed 7.1 audio and come on a BD?

I'm really looking forward to the Dolby 5.1 play on this game, but I drool to think of an all new WipEout game for PS3 with uncompressed PCM on it.

:dizzy

Darkdrium777
7th July 2008, 08:51 PM
Any chance you can give us some technical info/jargon on how you've managed to get so many tracks looking so incredible at 1080p60 and still bring it in under 1GB?I would think none:naughty
After all he is a game developer and isn't going to give out his secrets to anyone else. :)

Bytehawk
7th July 2008, 09:10 PM
I think a lot of the textures are a combination of procedural and bitmap texture-mapping.
since the ps3 can only hold
256 mb main ram
256 mb video ram (ie textures etc...)
so with 6 tracks you really shouldn't have more than 1GB of data considering the ship data stays the same on all tracks.

Rapier Racer
8th July 2008, 09:48 AM
6 tracks? 8.

KIGO1987
11th July 2008, 08:48 PM

I wasnt lying

It is less than 1 gig

So Mr Colin Berry what the exact file data size of the Wipeout HD game? Any chance of giving us a confirmed release date? Also tell me straight off will the 15th of July be a significant date?

Bytehawk
11th July 2008, 08:54 PM
week of 15/7 = fatal inertia release in EU
there is little chance Sony's going to put Wipeout up at that date too

Rapier Racer
11th July 2008, 09:32 PM
So Mr Colin Berry what the exact file data size of the Wipeout HD game?

There seems to be a fascination with this that I've missed, jeez it's less than a gig, who actually cares about the exact size?? What potential use could anyone have for such apparently useless information?

"It's 978 MB"..................and???

Darkdrium777
11th July 2008, 10:25 PM
Oh God I hope it is more like 879MB rather than 978 MB. That would be terrible...

:p

Lance
11th July 2008, 10:57 PM
So Mr Colin Berry what the exact file data size of the Wipeout HD game? Any chance of giving us a confirmed release date? Also tell me straight off will the 15th of July be a significant date?

It is clear that an answer to the first question is useless, and there is also an implication that his statement is a lie, hence the demand for exactitude.

Of course there is no chance of a confirmed date. Another useless and harrassing question.

Who are you to demand an answer, especially to such a vague question where its meaning is implied rather than directly stated.

In my opinion, that is an uncivilised and insulting post; it is full of disrespectful attitude to someone who deserves considerable respect for work and dedication. See to it that you do better in all of your future posts.

KIGO1987
12th July 2008, 12:03 AM
The goal there was not to demand an answer at all; they were simple questions any consumer would ask for before purchasing a product. As I am interested in this product.

I don’t go out of my way to create uncivilised and insulting posts full of disrespectful attitude, which achieves nothing. I read my posts multiply times before posting them. That is not an offensive or a disrespectful post it had language that could have foreseen as offensive due to its direct, simplicity nature. But I repeat myself that was not intended to create any disrespect to Mr Colin Berry. I believe my wording was direct at worst, but I was certainly not demanding anything, they were just simple questions that many other people would ask also. I am not going to continue, but i am going to conclude it there, that is all.

Colin Berry
12th July 2008, 01:04 AM
Its less than a gig, I wont give an exact file size as its still subject to small changes and is rather pointless information at this stage

There is currently no set release date

I am sure the 15th of July is a significant day to some, its bound to be someones birthday for starters, for me... well its next Tuesday... hrm... I dont know, it might be lasagne day in the canteen which would be good. Which reminds me - Rob since you left, I dont think meatloaf has been on the menu once, I think they retired the dish in your honour

KIGO1987
12th July 2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks Colin. Those questions where on my mine thats why i posted them on one of my old threads. Thanks for the answers.

guillaume
13th July 2008, 04:32 PM
Mr Berry, your posts are a real treat! :g

RJ O'Connell
13th July 2008, 08:19 PM
It could be useful information if one has already almost filled their HDD prior to the game hitting the e-shelves.

Can't imagine how one would accomplish that feat, though. o_o'

rdmx
14th July 2008, 01:42 AM
Most games install files on the hard drive nowadays. If people played ALOT of games, they could have many many installed files on the hard drive.

Norfolk'n'Clue
14th July 2008, 01:36 PM

Give me strength! :lol

KIGO1987
25th September 2008, 09:20 PM
If anybody does'nt know this already. The official download file size of Wipeout HD is;

998MB

If you've got a really slow net speed, something like at 256k, like i (25-28kbs transfer rate). The download will take between 11 to 12 hours. So half a day. So be prepared to leave to console on and leave the house for a while and do something during the mean time. Because shes gonna take ages.

Darkdrium777
25th September 2008, 09:25 PM
Hehe I was quite close with my 978MB MB assumption xD

Lance
25th September 2008, 09:31 PM
We should listen to what Colin says.

And to what he doesn't say. He seems to be accurate either way.

[guesses on the math, being too busy right now to fire up the mental calculator or the computer ones or the independent ones] Even with the pre-load file added to the main download, it still comes under 1 Gigabyte, yes? [when we're counting true binary account rather than hybrid decimal byte-counting]

Darkdrium777
25th September 2008, 09:32 PM
Yes. Lance you should be able to download the preload file (100kb) in under ten minutes ;) The rest of the game though... :O

Lance
25th September 2008, 09:36 PM
I cannot currently meet the other download-speed-unrelated conditions, so the slow connection doesn't even matter. Yet.

KIGO1987
17th February 2009, 05:59 AM
Any idea what the size of the DLC packs would be?

H3avyM3tal
17th February 2009, 07:48 PM
Judging by the size of the game - not much, which is a good thing. I am still amazed to this day that the full game is so thin in MBs considering what is going on screen :)

KIGO1987
27th May 2009, 06:15 PM
God there is some stupid and funny posts on this thread:lol

How big you recon the DLC packs would roughly be?

Sch@dows
27th May 2009, 07:20 PM
It will be so big, that Sony will be able to justify a BRD release of the game n_n

ACE-FLO
27th May 2009, 07:36 PM
God there is some stupid and funny posts on this thread:lol

How big you recon the DLC packs would roughly be?

Yeah - um - reading that one back Kigo, was a little frustrating at times - but belly rocking funny man... Do you really think DLC will be released for HD? Coz I don't man... I just don't think it's a viable option for Sony / SL ... let them prove us wrong eh?

Darkdrium777
27th May 2009, 11:48 PM
978MB! :lol

Connavar
28th May 2009, 10:06 AM
I'd like a 1GB DLC, so that would be : 16 new tracks (8 + reverse), a few new,
balanced, ships, a few new modes (like Elimination, online Zone etc), and all
the glitches/bugs (appearing on the dedicated thread) fixed.

KIGO1987
28th May 2009, 10:15 AM
**** yeah. Now thats what we want. 16tracks:D

Sch@dows
28th May 2009, 01:10 PM
personnally, i want more (and I hope they will if they want a BRD release), but i would be satisfied with 8 tracks ^_^

KIGO1987
3rd June 2009, 06:28 PM
How big is the Wipeout Fury DLC btw;)??

Darkdrium777
4th June 2009, 01:40 AM
978MB! :lol

Okay okay... I know where the door is.

KIGO1987
21st July 2009, 07:12 PM
Whats the size of the Fury pack,

Something like the Motorstorm PacificRift size? Would be good to get an idea, since its going to take ages on my bandwidth, ill go to a mates house if it is anylarger.

400mb???

Smaller? larger?

k, thanks.

Sch@dows
21st July 2009, 07:15 PM
hopefully, I won't be able to play until saturday, so I might be able to avoid the rush (hour) >_<

Paul Tweedle
21st July 2009, 07:15 PM
Whats the size of the Fury pack,

Something like the Motorstorm PacificRift size? Would be good to get an idea, since its going to take ages on my bandwidth, ill go to a mates house if it is anylarger.

400mb???

Smaller? larger?

k, thanks.

Hi,

It's larger than 400mb. It's around 750mb if I remember correctly.

750mb of awe and wonder and chaos and Fury :rock

Paul.

INFINITY_1
21st July 2009, 07:22 PM
This is a reply times. :clap

THANKS Paul :rock

KIGO1987
21st July 2009, 07:27 PM
Hi,

It's larger than 400mb. It's around 750mb if I remember correctly.

750mb of awe and wonder and chaos and Fury :rock

Paul.

Thanks a million Paul,

I know now in advanced to go to Freo Thus night at my rellies house and borrow there net, its going to be lunch time on Friday if i download it off my home net connection,

Thanks again,

KIGO:)

Paul Tweedle
21st July 2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks a million Paul,

I know now in advanced to go to Freo Thus night at my rellies house and borrow there net, its going to be lunch time on Friday if i download it off my home net connection,

Thanks again,

KIGO:)

Really? Wow. What kind of connection do you have?

Paul.

Darkdrium777
21st July 2009, 07:38 PM
A very very bad one, can't remember though I think it's less than my old one was, and that old one was 1.5mbps.
That's why he essentially coined the term "Vista pad", it's because they always happened to him. :s

KIGO1987
21st July 2009, 08:01 PM
True true DD, if i had 1.5mpbs i wouldnt be so cranky, :lol. Dont get me started on Vista ay DD, ill be bitchin to new years at this rate.

Really? Wow. What kind of connection do you have?

Paul.

Complete an utter shiit Paul,

256kbps connection, which equates to about 25-27kbps, then when you go over the data cap in a few weeks, it drops to 20th century speed something just above dialup speed, its really really and i do emphasize really do not enjoy having to have to deal with this bandwidth, i have to deal with it to November too, not good.

ADSL2+ 8mbps im looking at getting next:) No more cranky Kigo:)

Australia has very crappy internet infrastructure in most places.