PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate WipEout Soundtrack

Wip3ou7
26th May 2008, 06:06 AM
Well guys I'm working on creating a comprehensive soundtrack for WipEout HD which will include all the musical tracks ever included in every wipeout game.

If someone already beat me to this, please let me know, but I will try and make it available to anyone who personally requests it (or parts of it) from me.

If I'm not allowed to "do" this here, by all means please let me know and I will cordially retract this post.

I thought it would be a great idea since we now have custom soundtracks in WipEout HD and Pulse (hmm, Pure had custom music too didn't it?) I'll edit this post in the future with a complete list of the songs as I get them all organized and such.

Getting some of the music (like from Pulse, Pure, Fusion and 64) might be difficult... any help would be appriciated.

------------

Please forgive the double post, but I didn't want to create another thread on a topic that is so similiar....

I'm sure you PS3 owners (and the dev team for wipeout) are aware that SONY has started selling game soundtracks on the PSN... The debut soundtrack was from the PixelJunk Monsters game, and I think that making all the soundtracks from the WipEout games available for purchase on the PSN would be a really cool idea! Just food for thought.

rdmx
26th May 2008, 07:11 AM
The majority of the pulse songs (the good ones) are already on the hd soundtrack. None of that 'sea of sound' rubbish :dizzy. If you search the forum, there is music from the previous games, i think the thread was in the fusion section.

Darkdrium777
26th May 2008, 03:21 PM
I already have all of them, except for WipEout 64 which I was not able to find.
Right now I have 102 tracks totalling 578MB. I think I have all from WipEout, WipEout 2097/XL, WipEout 3/3SE, WipEout Fusion, WipEout PurE, WipEout PULSE, WipEout HD. I will have to recheck to be certain, but I know I don't have anything from 64.

Rapier Racer
26th May 2008, 06:16 PM
Well guys I'm working on creating a comprehensive soundtrack for WipEout HD which will include all the musical tracks ever included in every wipeout game.

You realize there was a limit of 30 tracks for Pulse yeah? HD might have a limit too.

Wip3ou7
26th May 2008, 07:55 PM
No I wasn't aware that there was a limit for how many tracks you could use, but I would assume that the PS3 being a little more potent than the PSP would perhaps allow for more than 30.

Rapier Racer
26th May 2008, 07:59 PM
Well I'd like to think so too but you never know!

lunar
26th May 2008, 08:54 PM
It would be great to fit the entire wipeout back catalogue in as a custom soundtrack, but HD`s music and custom soundtracks really must also have the option to play continuously and not always from the start of the race. SSHD does it, Wipeout 3 did it, so Wipeout HD has to do it.

eLhabib
26th May 2008, 09:24 PM
really? I like it way more when the music kicks in as soon as the race starts. In the menus I need the more relaxing loop tune to calm down after a heated race...

lunar
26th May 2008, 11:10 PM
I think the continuously looping music in Wipeout 3 was a great feature, it really made me feel like I was "in the zone" across a sequence of races, especially when doing TT sessions with a lot of restarts. There`s no point having access to our favourite 8 minute techno anthems or even five minute breakbeat tracks if we only ever hear the first two minutes. Unless it`s a massive technical difficulty it really should be an option, imo. But maybe also give people who like a fresh start to every race the option to have that too :)

But I`m getting off topic and I`m out of cunning ways to bring it back on course..... ;)

Darkdrium777
26th May 2008, 11:16 PM
You realize there was a limit of 30 tracks for Pulse yeah? HD might have a limit too.
HD should not have a limit because Super Stardust HD does not have a limit and can access the entire hard drive through the custom soundtrack menu. HD will be able to do the same, since the application is developed by Sony, and can be included in any game. Liverpool doesn't have to program it for HD, it is already done... ;)

Rapier Racer
26th May 2008, 11:36 PM
Sweet like chocolate! Me PS3s about to get a lot more musical :g

cybrpnk
27th May 2008, 02:47 AM
*gets ready to upload old goa/psytrance cds to the ps3*

can't wait to race to the tunes of man with no name...teleport

Darkdrium777
27th May 2008, 03:56 AM
Ok I now have the W'O" 64 music tracks, many thanks to lunar (Is the guy really called PC Music? Seems a bit odd... On Wikipedia it says CoLD SToRAGE did those musics...) and I've found a few that were missing from the other games (God's Gift from CoLD SToRAGE (WipEout 2097/XL) and Papua New Guinea from Future Sound of London (WipEout Fusion)). I won't put in the four short tracks by CoLD SToRAGE because they're not really long enough to be worth it (Those tracks are phloem xenon xylem and argon and are less than 40 secs (WipEout 2097/XL)). All that is left to do is some ID3 editing and it should be complete.

EDIT: I believe my collection is complete, so if anyone wants it send me a PM ;) (It's 642MB though) [Offer removed, do not send PM about it anymore]
And if you see anything missing, please tell me so I can find it and add it :)

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/1651/wipeoutmusiccollectionma2.th.png (http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipeoutmusiccollectionma2.png)
___Click to enlarge

Note: I have left those labeled as made by PC Music as is, so until you tell me it is actually CoLD SToRAGE who did them it will be left that way. ;)

piper999
28th May 2008, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure if I'm completely down with the idea of swapping unpaid for music en masse like this (I'm too old and probably too square - still have a vinyl collection all paid for and very much still in use).

However, you have inspired me to rip the music from my Wipeout and Wipeout 2097 discs for use with Wipeout HD.

Question: is there anything I will need to do to get the music off the original discs, for instance re-encoding the music?

Rapier Racer
28th May 2008, 05:03 PM
Nah all the PS1 Wipeout Disks work like a CD.

piper999
28th May 2008, 05:05 PM
Hang on - I just realised that if you own all the Wipeout games then swapping the soundtrack in MP3 format probably has no legal issues.

I own all the games except Pulse but I think I'll look into ripping the first two games myself as an exercise to keep me occupied while I wait for HD to be released.

Nah all the PS1 Wipeout Disks work like a CD.

Cheers! I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work now.

Darkdrium777
28th May 2008, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure if I'm completely down with the idea of swapping unpaid for music en masse like this

The only "not so legal" things I might have done to get it together is go to Galbadia Hotel to get the sounds from Wipeout 3, Wipeout Fusion and Wipeout XL/2097. Then again, a lot of Xl/2097 is free because made by CoLD SToRAGE, so that's very little songs left from those games.
Also it might be a very shallow excuse but since this music is old compared to what the artists do right now, they most definitely don't count on these sales to help them make a living... 'Course you can always buy the CD if you want to though, but I can't get them CDs since most if not all WipEout music artists are from the United Kingdom (And I live in Canada as my handy portable profile says). Future Sound of London comes to my mind as the one worth getting but impossible to find at a HMV here... :/

Rapier Racer
28th May 2008, 07:04 PM
It's not the artists counting on sales of old music to help them make a living that get into hysterics, at least I think not, seems more like its the label that owns the copyright.

Wip3ou7
30th May 2008, 05:51 AM
Technically we've paid for this music before in one way or another. I own all the wipeout games, so it's not illegal to have backups.

Rapier Racer
30th May 2008, 07:51 PM
No, but giving it out to people who you don't know for sure actually have the game probably is.

Darkdrium777
30th May 2008, 09:59 PM
Well ok I remove my offer if it makes you uneasy :D

KIGO1987
1st August 2008, 02:17 PM
Where did you find all the tracks for Wipeout Pulse Darkdrium? Where i can find them? let me know on K Gran Turismo.

swift killer
1st August 2008, 02:26 PM
^^^^^^ yes they will order it in for you if you ask..... that's how I finally got hold of WO3 SE last year!

Future Sound of London comes to my mind as the one worth getting but impossible to find at a HMV here... :/

Future Sound of London you won't really find in shops outside Europe that easily, here in the UK HMV still stock all their albums in store, I think you might be better off buying online, also, not ALL their music is like what you hear from them in WipEout, they have always been making more chillout music.

Bit of useless info: if you remember the remix 'Humanoid' from Fusion by 'Stakker', it's worth knowing that 'Stakker' is in actual fact FSOL using another alias.

Darkdrium777
1st August 2008, 02:44 PM
let me know on K Gran Turismo.Done.

swift, I can't buy online so that's not really an option unfortunately... :/
And just in case you're worrying about me not liking slow songs, I like Microscopic by Gas 0095 (http://microscopics.co.uk/electronic_music.html) which is quite slow ;)
Maybe if I go in the store and ask for it they can order, I don't know. :?

Yome NetSan
15th September 2008, 03:12 PM
I also gathered the whole wipEout soundtracks on my PS3 HDD and I went with this stats :
- 12 albums (8 games + 2 alt version + 2 soundtracks)
- 155 tracks
- 11h 37min 42sec

I also made my custom wipEout HD soundtrack :

01 Atom Bomb (Fluke) (7:57)
02 Beautiful Agony (Jean-Michel Jarre) (7:06)
03 Black Gravity (Herbie Hancock) (5:29)
04 Blast (SidAbitBall) (2:30)
05 Ready, Steady, Go (Paul Oakenfold) (4:14)
06 Fresh (Daft Punk) (6:21)
07 For What You Dream Of (Bedrock feat. Kyo) (6:27)
08 A Final Hit (Leftfield) (3:15)
09 Messij 2005 (New Science Mix) (CoLD SToRAGE) (6:31)
10 Wiped Out (CoLD SToRAGE) (4:25)
11 Onyx Dark Side Of The Moon Remix (CoLD SToRAGE) (5:14)
12 Night Moves (CoLD SToRAGE) (3:18 )
13 Blique Noir (CoLD SToRAGE) (4:37)
14 Sumsare (CoLD SToRAGE) (3:04)
15 Shine (CoLD SToRAGE) (5:32)
16 Freedom 99 (CoLD SToRAGE) (5:31)
17 Foeter (CoLD SToRAGE) (4:09)
18 Charhdi Kala (CoLD SToRAGE) (5:41)
19 RED (The Fujiyama Mix) (CoLD SToRAGE) (4:27)
20 Rombobo (CoLD SToRAGE) (3:35)
21 Transition (CoLD SToRAGE) (3:08 )
22 KeZ (CoLD SToRAGE) (4:26)
23 Acid Rain (CoLD SToRAGE) (5:53)
24 Erasmus (CoLD SToRAGE) (3:00)

Atom6x!
18th September 2008, 11:56 AM
Hey, new dude here. I just saw the game some days ago, looks great! I've only played the first game on PSX for a short moment though :)

If only the PS3 could handle shoutcast radio, would be friggin sweet having French Kiss FM (http://www.frenchkissfm.com/) on while playing Zone Mode :) Anyway, here's some of my tracks that I'll be listening to while playing Wipeout HD:

Stanton Warriors - Action
Groove Armada - Lightsonic
Rio - Race Is Set, Pt. 2
Armand Van Helden - When The Lights Go Down
Justice - New Jack
Jamiroquai - Feels Like it Should
Boogie Pimps - I've Got The Music In Me
Alter Ego - Rocker
Armand Van Helden - Hear My Name (Feat. Spalding Rockwell)
Coburn - We Interupt This Program
Tepr - Minuit Jacuzzi (Data Remix)
Leonard de Leonard - Leonizer Fever
Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (Live Version)
Daft Punk - Musique
Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
Plaid - Assault on Precinct Zero

Asayyeah
18th September 2008, 01:29 PM
Welcome aboard Pilot and sweet playlist :)

Shozovulnai
18th September 2008, 09:42 PM
Well well, it's been a while since I've written anything to this forum, although I've been lurking pretty heavily just about anything related to WipEout HD. I loved the Custom Soundtrack concept from Pulse and if HD's equivalent is the same (but without any track limit), then it will really be a blast.

I was pre-emptive and compiled a playlist, which will at least sooth my ears. Nostalgic stuff from previous WipEouts, 90's stuff, all electronica, because WipEout wouldn't be the same with some dreadful R'n'B or other genres. Since couple of guys have posted their soundtracks already, let me add mine to the mix. Part of this was from Pulse's custom soundtrack. Without further ado, here's my personal WipEout HD - The Unofficial Soundtrack (not for any bragging rights really, I just think this fits the mood really well):

Aphex Twin:
54 Cymru Beats
Digeridoo

The Chemical Brothers:
Three Little Birdies Down Beats
Chemical Beats
Dig Your Own Hole
Elektrobank
The Private Psychedelic Reel
Dust Up Beats
Loops of Fury
Star Guitar
Saturate

CoLD SToRAGE:
Canada
Body in Motion

Fluke:
Absurd
Atom Bomb (not the 2097 version, the original)
V6
Snapshot
Switch/Twitch

The Future Sound of London:
Expander
Papua New Guinea [Hybrid Mix]
We Have Explosive (this is from Dead Cities because 2097's ending was cut)
Speed Ball
Landmass

Hong Kong Trash - Down the River [Torrential Rapids Mix]

Leftfield:
Phat Planet
Double Flash
Afro Ride

Luke Slater - Bolt Up

The Orb:
Hell's Kitchen
Toxygene [7" Edit]

Orbital:
Remind
Crash And Carry
P.E.T.R.O.L. (aka. Wipe Out)
Tension
Tootled
Beelzebeat
Know Where to Run (from Wip3out, if only I could find Middle of Nowhere from somewhere...)
Funny Break (One Is Enough) [Plump DJs Remix]

Sasha:
FEISAR
Icaras
Auricom
Goteki 45
Pirhana
Xpander

Underworld:
Rowla
Kittens
Beautiful Burnout
Tin There (Underworld Edit)

Venetian Snares - Szycag (ok, this is more of a joke, since this is SO UTTERLY HEAVY BREAKCORE that it's gonna crack me up every time in Zone when it really starts to get noisy)

u-Ziq - The Motorbike Track

Gee, this was kinda long!

Atom6x!
22nd September 2008, 09:27 AM
I've revised my tracklist somewhat... alot, mostly '00s electro music that fits Wipeout very well (imo). If you want my soundtrack I can upload it to you on SoulSeek, just send me a pm here. It's still undergoing some change and I'm still adding new tracks though.

metalpancake
27th September 2008, 09:45 AM
Any ideas?
I personally love listening to Chemical Brothers, and CoLD SToRAGE.
Infected Mushroom also sounds amazing.

by the way, for those who don't already know ...
http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html:D

Skvall
27th September 2008, 11:13 AM
I think old(95-98 ) goa trance works great. Its fast and its electronic and its ****ing good all at the same time. ^_^

Shakta, Dimension 5, Transwave, Ra, Chi A.D, Hallucinogen, Etnica, Pleiadians, Electric Universe, Miranda, Astral Projection and so on. But it has to be the old music, some of these artist makes new less good music nowadays. ;)

Atom6x!
27th September 2008, 11:33 AM
I mostly listen to modern (french) electro / house music, good stuff idd :)

Egg
27th September 2008, 12:10 PM
Don't we already have a thread for this?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4932

captain howdy
27th September 2008, 01:28 PM
I've got a 41-song playlist that runs over 3 hours. But this website is apparently against file sharing, so I guess my offer to share it with you guys would be wasted.

(I also have a sixty-something song mix culled from the first five Wipeout game soundtracks. It's not bad.)

bakkufu
27th September 2008, 01:31 PM
64 features such gorgeousness as "Goodnight Lover" from Fluke :D

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 03:21 PM
54 tracks:
- complete wipEout soundtrack
- complete wipEout 2097 soundtrack
- complete wipEout 3 soundtrack
- selection of wipEout Fusion soundtrack
- selection of wipEout Pure soundtrack
- selection of wipEout Pulse soundtrack
- selection of Prodigy tunes

:rock

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 04:12 PM
I was jamming out to the Blue Room Release "Made on Earth" double disc set last night. Absolutely amazing Wipeout tunes. Just a sweet beat without many mixups to distract.

Task
27th September 2008, 06:52 PM
Don't we already have a thread for this?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4932Right you are!
Good redirect there Egg, threads merged!

Somewhat more on topic, I like how you can use higher bitrate songs in HD than were allowed in Pulse, that's a nice improvement. Hopefully I'll get to see this game in action some day, perhaps then I can consider a custom playlist for myself. 8 )

cybrpnk
28th September 2008, 12:09 AM
Agreed on the GOA...:)

Especially all the old school stuff...currently trying to find all my Flying Rhino, Dragonfly Records and a whole heap of other dirty dirty acid trance I used to listen to...

Just imported Prodigy's The Fat of the Land...the whole album was made for WipEout racing...pure adrenaline charge...

flashbax
28th September 2008, 02:02 PM
I'm holding off putting a collection on until i've swopped over HDD got 320gig on the way then i'm gonna fill it with as much digital,trance wipeout tracks and more..Any of u guys remember DJ rap-bad girl?? kind of drum and bass sound but not to intense, there the kinda tunes that seem to work well (in my humble opinion)

Uridium
28th September 2008, 05:31 PM
54 tracks:
- selection of wipEout Fusion soundtrack

I know the hard way...but is there an easy way to get the fusion tracks over ?:g

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 08:07 PM
not that I know of...

Sausehuhn
28th September 2008, 10:21 PM
Take advantage of the forum search engine and you're done.