PDA

View Full Version : South America?

Lance
12th February 2002, 08:52 AM
there seems to be pretty much a complete lack of pilots from South America. why? does Sony just not distribute there? that seems hard to believe. what television format does S.A. use?

zargz
12th February 2002, 03:45 PM
well .. ps2 is pretty Xpencive even psx the games too. alot of poor ppl there and internet connection is a previlegue 4the middle & high class ppl that r not so many 'down there'.
they got ntsc. my parent r fr chile so I went there 2take a look the winter 96/97 was summer there :smile:

Lance
12th February 2002, 06:11 PM
yikes! it's still like that? back when i was a little kid, we were taught in history class that it was that way in South America, but that was a long... looooong time ago. more than 40 years. i would have thought that things would have changed by this time! that really sucks.

science
13th February 2002, 01:28 AM
i dont suppose that the population of south america is all that large to begin with. i mean, most of it is rainforest, which isnt particularly inhabitable. the amazon is what, like 2/3rds the size of the united states? and how much of south america does that leave behind? thats just my theory...

Lance
13th February 2002, 07:05 AM
the population of south america last year was about 350 million, which is, i think, a bit more than that of the U.S.
total population of north americawas about 470 million. and that includes mexico and the rest of central america. so there are plenty of people in S.A.
Brazil, by itself, which is where nearly all the amazon rain forest is, has about half the population of the U.S.

zargz
13th February 2002, 11:46 AM
then try 2 c it this way:
north, central & south america ..
when ppl say northAm me &I guess alot'f ppl thinx usa + canada am I right?

central + south Am = latinAm ppl speek spanish & portuguese there both latin lenguages so from mexico(included) to the south pole we got latinAm in general considered a part of the third world (I do anyway) think of countrys as el salvador nicaragua peru bolivia uruguay paraguay as said b4 the rainforest part of brasil other dont come2my mind @the moment but can u c the infrasturcture needed 4internet use as we got in the ind.world (northAm + europe)? perhaps in 20years @the afstest would b my guess. all I know is that in S A the 3 countryes 2 take turns in ending @top every year when it comes to economi stuff r argentina brasil & chile but just look @what happened 2 argentina a month or 2 ago .. so I'd say no wonder we get so many AG-pilots fr there. ofcource in the big cities univercites & so on they got some kinda contact - I used2 download latin rock and other spanish musik b4 the napster lost and the 32kb (or bytes I not sure)connoction was the 1 most ppl had.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ramirez on 2002-02-13 12:51 ]</font>

science
14th February 2002, 02:48 AM
so much for that theory :blush:

Lance
14th February 2002, 04:13 AM
hehe. all theories are welcome; how else would we find out anything?

cheers, Joel. :smile: