PDA

View Full Version : Is there any interest in

Nick Burcombe
16th April 2008, 03:07 PM
Hi all, long time no post....

I was going through some old games and I stumbled upon a copy of both the Sega Saturn version (Japanese) and the original Wipeout (Japanese). Their both sealed and brand new. Any serious collectors interested, gimme a shout.

Nick

JABBERJAW
16th April 2008, 03:40 PM
I would get them but already have them. Check your Private Messages though. Hey, and interesting fact about xl for the saturn for you, and a question. When you beat the game, The Piranha ship is opened up, but the top speed of the ship is venom, even when playing at phantom speed. Was this an intentional removal from the game?

For anyone interested in this game(XL), it runs much smoother that 2097 for the saturn.

Lance
16th April 2008, 06:33 PM
Hi, Nick! How are you doing?! It really hAs been a long time.

-------

I'd be interested if I owned a Saturn, but it's unlikely that will happen. :(

JABBERJAW
16th April 2008, 07:13 PM
Actually I may be interested in the xl. Maybe you can clear this up. I saw a site that said wipeout was link compatible with the saturn, but there does not show a link on the options in the game. Does it show up when you actually link up the systems? XL?

Nick Burcombe
16th April 2008, 07:56 PM
I would get them but already have them. Check your Private Messages though. Hey, and interesting fact about xl for the saturn for you, and a question. When you beat the game, The Piranha ship is opened up, but the top speed of the ship is venom, even when playing at phantom speed. Was this an intentional removal from the game?

For anyone interested in this game(XL), it runs much smoother that 2097 for the saturn.

That's an unknown bug. :) Simple as that. (Replied to your PM too)

Actually I may be interested in the xl. Maybe you can clear this up. I saw a site that said wipeout was link compatible with the saturn, but there does not show a link on the options in the game. Does it show up when you actually link up the systems? XL?

I don't know about that - it's doesn't sound very likely. If the option was available it generally wouldn't be hidden, but greyed out. If it's not there - it's most likely not in the game and it's actually a feature that had to get dropped...usually dev schedules.

N

PS. Hi Lance - thanks for the welcome.

stin
16th April 2008, 09:18 PM
I`m interested too.

Good to hear from you Nick

stevie:)

Mano
19th April 2008, 01:55 AM
ah stin, that collection must be growing quite a bit, i have seen you around on ebay when looking for an XL copy, i just didnt manage to get time to follow the bids ;) i like to make my first and final bid at the last 20 seconds when i have bought leadholders and other stuff tee hee.

btw sorry for the offtopic, but if anyone is willing to give away leadholders (specially rotring, staedtler and faber castell or other high quality brands) i will love giving them a home.

Asayyeah
20th April 2008, 05:28 AM
Ahhhh Nick Burcombe, i was so impressed when i met you at SL last year that i couldn't find the words to say what you represent for me ( not sure that i can also find them now :paperbag ) Even tho i haven't understood all what you told or asked me at SL meeting (you speak as faster as your piranha ship in phantom :) ), MadIce made me the feedback resume of it and i am pretty honored for the nice words you said mate.
Just to tell you you got all my respect and deep admiration for your work on Wipeout , especially 2097/XL. As i tried to explain to you, if i am travelling all around Europe and also USA/Canada ( to kick Jabberjaw's arse on one of your precious game, 2097 ;) ) for meeting my true WipeoutZone friends it's due to you and Rob so again a mega thx to you Nick.

As for your sweet proposition about those Jap games, i am already happy to have shaked your hands and meet you for real at least one time in my life.

TearsToShreds
21st April 2008, 11:21 AM
I am actually very interested in the Japanese version of the original W'O. Have a feeling I may be too late, but thought I'd give a shout, too. I have no idea what the price would be, but I'm sure I can cough it up for W'O, especially since it's the only game I'm still missing (not taking into account the PSN version).