PDA

View Full Version : silverstream and firestar feisar TT vids

TheFrostE
20th March 2008, 06:34 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w1DeQ9o4jLc silverstream
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uzqJILejA_M firestar

let me know what you think and what i can work on, i know its not as fast as assayeahs AG TTs but i did my best

lunar
20th March 2008, 10:43 PM
My tips: I think your racing line is great, and I see the evidence you have been watching ASA`s video, but you can get a few seconds off a lap easily.

I think if you turbo at the bottom of the steep hill instead this will probably get you almost a couple of seconds over your current turbo place.

Use ag systems will get you another 1 second at least. There are some long high speed sections on Silverstream, and Feisar`s lack of speed shows on these.

Cut down on airtime over the crests. Try to avoid bottoming out on landings and in dips, but putting up the nose will actually cause you to bottom out more if you overdo it.

I guess you`re using the NTSC original game disk on a PS3, not the PSN version. If you have a PS1 or PS2 you could put the disk in and play with a Negcon so that getting the pitch control just right, so you can get round without bottoming out, would be much easier.

I love to see people still loving this game! :D

TheFrostE
21st March 2008, 12:13 AM
well thanks for the tips, only one i disagree with is using AG sys, i guess i didnt mention i was a intense feisar fanatic, and i wanted to see how close i could get to asas' time with feisar. but awsome feedback, thanks alot :)

lunar
21st March 2008, 12:34 PM
If you give Feisar a go on Arridos Rapier you might be surprised how fast it is compared to AGS. On the PAL version I once thought it might be quicker than AGS, but I don`t think it is quite. But it`s very close. Never seriously tried Feisar/Arridos/Rapier on NTSC, and it might be a little different, but I think because Feisar is so light it doesn`t bottom out as much as AGS and keeps its speed, and Arridos is a very bottomy track, for want of a better word.

On Firestar I think you should take the right then right again splits. I think it`s a little faster because the exit from the right side of the last split, leading to the small jump, doesn`t cause fishtailing if you take that side. Also it`s easier to go from the first split to the second if you go right both ways, I think, because you can carve a nice U-turn between the two splits instead of having to deal with an awkward chicane shape if you take the left split after. I hope that makes sense! :) But it can depend on which ship you are using, and I go right - right in AGS because it can handle that, but left - left in Auricom. :banzai

TearsToShreds
21st March 2008, 01:44 PM
Can't post any tips, since you're much better than I am on these tracks (my record on Silverstream on the PSP version is 45 something seconds with Feisar...), but it was really enjoyable seeing these vids. Great to see that people are still playing this game. Also, you did really well without a Necgon. Great skills.

lunar
21st March 2008, 02:12 PM
I agree FrostE you have great dpad skills.

I don`t think you can compare times between PSP/PSN version and NTSC version. I think the PSP gets you times more comparable with PAL original version, and NTSC times are quite a bit lower than that, though the game doesn`t feel any faster. :)

TheFrostE
21st March 2008, 04:23 PM
haha, thanks guys, ill get the arridos video today, along with a few others, i might as well record TT for every race. i bet im going to look so weird walking into jabberjaws place without a neggie for the NA wipeout tourney, ill be like "ya, i use the arrows...SO!" plus i havent played 2097 or 3 in years! never touched fusion, and barely played pure. ive got some catching up to do. That or im going to have to make the best out of every 10 minute warmup haha :p

RJ O'Connell
21st March 2008, 11:11 PM
Take it from me - and other members who have played in the Karbonis Venom TT Challenge will attest to this - using the D-Pad will not hinder your skills to the point where you cannot be fast. It's still, to this date, my preferred control of choice. But precision piloting will be a much tougher task.

Task
21st March 2008, 11:43 PM
Your Firestar line is beautiful, pretty much exactly the line I use. So If there's a way to go faster there, I don't know what it is. 8 )

Your Silverstream line though, I can see two areas of improvement. One being your boost location, as already mentioned. As soon as you turn that corner and your nose is pointed up the hill, hit that boost! You should boost over the pads going up the hill, and nose down as soon as you get near the crest.

You should also be able to improve your line in the final portion of the last split. A harder, earlier left should bring you to the inside of the turn on the exit, giving you the double boost pad to exit that section and rejoin the track. You can actually pull your nose through the wall in that corner, and that's sometimes required to cut that corner best.

TheFrostE
22nd March 2008, 12:30 PM
the videos are all done, every race TTed in wipeout with feisar, check em all out :)

Asayyeah
25th March 2008, 10:29 PM
You will be a serious opponent at Al's place for what i ve seen on the videos ( great effort mate, i know that can take times sometimes to do them)
Listen Stephen ( Lunar) advices, he is currently the fastest on the hardest, i ve read them and for me he is right :nod

Mad-Ice
26th March 2008, 07:38 PM
Respect to the pilot!! :clap I enjoyed your vids very much! I will be waiting for more.